Novalia Roll 2 Dodge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Before we get more telepaths

+4
Zerovirus
ShadoWKilleR
Regnar13
PeterPorty
8 posters

Go down

Before we get more telepaths Empty Before we get more telepaths

Post  PeterPorty Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:51 am

Well, the title is mainly because several of the ideas I had for a game were blatantly stolen from my head. Razz

In any case, I'm posting here my idea for a game, just to check if anyone would actually want to play it...

The setting is Earth, around year 2070, they aren't sure, since they stopped recording years after the 2012 incident. That day, January 1st of 2012, the first "Marox" appeared. It was all good, until a couple of years later, when this kid, James Kindle got angry at his brother for taking his toy; a huge tower of flames appeared out of nowhere- no, out of the kid, and it burned everything to ashes, his house, his family, his neighborhood... James was taken by a long-dead institution called the CIA, and studied. Millions of painful and cruel experiments were made on the two year old, and the CIA was soon dissolved by the Government of Japan, who had taken control of the old country called United States of America back on 2013. seven years later, a few of the best field agents and ex-CIA officers were gathered by a tall and robust man in a black coat and completely masked, there was no way to tell who this man was, and when they all arrived to the meeting point, this man said; “We are Anonymous. We are Legion. We do not forgive. We do not forget.” All the gathered men opened their eyes widely; it was the hymn of a known terrorist group, the most feared one in the whole history of humanity, and was banned from everywhere and everything. People chanting the hymn would be murdered in the spot. The tall man said "I am here today to give you an offer; you are the best of thee best, the selection of the strongest men on earth, and possibly, the only hope tot his planet. There will be more, just like James, there will be millions of people like him, all around the world, millions of them, and they MUST BE MURDERED. Not all of them will have an affinity with fire; there "Marox" as we have named them can have an affinity to nearly anything, and they are dangerous, very dangerous. You twenty will be forming this society, the Anima Requiem in Umbra, or ARU for short, and your only task will be to protect the people of this world.

Many years later, four young people are called to a strange address, it was a shop. When these people go in. one by one, they discover how inside the shop it was a huge building with military supplies, several armed men running around, and as soon as they were all inside, with a puzzled look in their faces, an old man approached them and said: "Follow me please, everything will be explained soon." This is when the journey of our four young ones begins, and the way it ends must still be discovered, for it is a mystery.

-------------------------------------
Well, that's a brief introduction to the world of my game, it's pretty simple, actually, it has a better technology, since it is later than the real life time, and there are these mutant freaks. Everything else I say would be a spoiler, although if I get people interested, I would obviously give some more details at the game start, and soon, everything will start making sense.

About the gameplay, it will be different to most of the stuff in here, since every action will be an auto-success, unless the player is cursed. The part where people will have to roll is only on stress situations, that is, only when enemies are around. The "skill" system will also be different, since you can't learn magic or skills by yourself, you need to have someone teach skills to you, and these skills can either be a bonus to some kind of action, or a completely new action you can perform. You can, although obtain information by talking to people, you just need to ask the right questions, and you can also download information form the internet, and I'm telling you; information is a key thing to this R2D. A warning, though; this will be a hard game, since you are normal people, and you'll be facing super humans about 1/20th of the time. You'll need to think outside of the box that holds the box, and be creative; you don't need good rolls or good skills to win the game, just being smart.

This game is about giving complete freedom to the player, that is, the players can do whatever the hell they want, there will be tasks given by the ARU, and each player will decide whether they want to do the mission or not. Of course, accepting missions and being successful on them will ensure a promotion at some point, but anyone can betray the ARU, join forces with other teams, kill other players and actually do as much as they can imagine.

The main tech advancement is the fact that you can now manipulate physics, this can only be done to a minor scale, and only using extremely expensive equipment; the ARU will give you some basic kit at some point, but a high rank officer gets paid quite a bit.

So anyways, anyone interested?
PeterPorty
PeterPorty
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Before we get more telepaths Empty Re: Before we get more telepaths

Post  Regnar13 Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:54 pm

I really like this idea. What might be interesting is to start another r2d where the player's play as the Marox and fight against the ARU. That could make for some interesting joint games with the player's attacking each other. Either way it is an awesome idea and sounds great! Very Happy
Regnar13
Regnar13
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  ShadoWKilleR Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:06 pm

Definitely supported, but seeing as I'm swamped with other RtD's I won't be able to join until I either get used to the thread names, or die in 1 of them.
ShadoWKilleR
ShadoWKilleR
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Zerovirus Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:14 pm

...The intro kinda confuses me- it's not all that well organized, whether chronologically or conceptually. Could you simplify the explanation, or cut the huge text-block into smaller paragraphs?
Zerovirus
Zerovirus
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

http://forums.wesnoth.org

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterPorty Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:26 pm

Simplified version: The US gets even more ruined in the future, the CIA tortures a 2 year old because he has superpowers, a weird man who is a mystery for now appears, gathers the best ex-CIA agents and tells them there are going to be more mutant freaks, they form the ARU to protect the people. The games happens 50 years later, where the ARU has a huge facility and a lot of money, but it's existence is unknown to most people. There are a lot of advancements in the area of physics, and everything is regulated by the Japanese rules, meaning mainly "morals and ethics". There are as many Marox as homos and the world is at chaos.

Anything else that isn't clear? I mean... Specific questions would probably be a lot easier to answer... (Also, the story I told here is just a small fraction of the whole massive story I have planned in my head, but the rest will be developed during the game.)

Also, about Regnar's idea:

Spoiler:

Also;

Spoiler:
PeterPorty
PeterPorty
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanapka Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:53 pm

Like the idea, like the setting, gameplay may be interesting. Would sign up if it takes off.

Kanapka
Player
Player

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterPorty Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:55 pm

Ok, so there's you, Regnar, and ShadoW and Zero as a "maybe". Good enough.

(I'm counting Zero as a maybe because he posted here. Razz)

Also, since we only need 4 players to start, that's awesome.
PeterPorty
PeterPorty
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Rulyon Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:46 am

Count me in Pete. You recruited me, I want to see what you bring to the table.
Rulyon
Rulyon
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Rendarg Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:44 am

Hey Pete, so you are doing an Akira-Deus-Ex-Blade-Runner-X-Men-Anonymous Mashup in a cyberpunk-like world? Shit, count me in! Twisted Evil
That means, if you still need players, hope your game is not full
Rendarg
Rendarg
New Player
New Player

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterPorty Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:59 am

It is full, you can go check it on the game section, but since we have a decent amount of player on the waiting list (currently 2, 3 with you.) you might be playing really soon.
PeterPorty
PeterPorty
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  PureCraft Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:18 pm

PureCraft
New Player
New Player

Back to top Go down