Novalia Roll 2 Dodge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Archive]R2D: Guardians of the Otherland

2 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

[Archive]R2D: Guardians of the Otherland Empty [Archive]R2D: Guardians of the Otherland

Post  FoolishBalloon Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:36 am

FRONT PAGE LAST UPDATED: 07 March, 2012
ROLLS LAST UPDATED: 09 March, 2012

Title: R2D: Guardians of the Otherland
Author: Darien
World Info:R2D: Guardians of the Otherland

Hey guys,this is my new R2D. It is a fantasy story set in a middle age type era with magic and all manner of fantastical creatures.

Backstory:

Gameplay:

Combat:

Magic:

Technology:

Currency:

General information:

Weapons:

Armor:

Crafting:

Setting:

How to join:

Players:

Current:
Player 1:Amina(Malregima)
Player 2:?(AerynPierre)
Player 3:?(Ruylon)
Player 4:?(Shinobody)
Player 5:Ash Jiervan(8680)

Waitlist
?(FoolishBalloon)((Void until he returns))
Hiss(Mastery910)

The Honored Dead
Unknown(Flamelasher)-Died on roll 7
FoolishBalloon(FoolishBalloon)-Died on roll 32
Migelo(Mastery910)- removed for inactivity on roll 33
Raspin Hongu(Saima)-removed for inactivity on roll 46
Voltir(its_crunchtime)-removed for inactivity on roll 46
Nezak(Flamelasher)-Removed for inactivity on roll 52

king
FoolishBalloon
FoolishBalloon
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

http://www.spelochfiske.se

Back to top Go down

[Archive]R2D: Guardians of the Otherland Empty Re: [Archive]R2D: Guardians of the Otherland

Post  FoolishBalloon Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:46 am

Roll #1

Unknown(Flamelasher)
Learn energy field making (make little flat blocks of energy) [6]

Waiting out the storm in the cave, you decide to try and learn magic. Focusing on the energy within you, you begin to feel it move. You now move to focusing on the energy around you, trying to solidify it into blocks. You feel you have created something, and open your eyes to see. You see the faint outline of a flat block in the air, glowing a very light blue. Smiling at what you have completed, you suddenly feel like something is wrong. The Block is weakening, and begins to fall apart. Well, at least it lasts for a few seconds, you think.

You have learned basic energy field making (Level 1)

Skills: Basic energy field making(Lv 1)
Total Bonuses: 0

Health: 10/10

Inventory:

FoolishBalloon(FoolishBalloon)
Action: Major- Concentrate and begin to learn to manipulate air.
Minor-Make sure to stay close to the fire so I keep hot and won't catch a cold, but not begin to burn. [7]

You sit down close to the fire to keep warm, and decide to focus on learning to control air. You feel the wind brushing against your skin, breathe the air through your mouth. You feel like one with the air. Happy with your newfound power, you fire out a blast of air, blowing out the fire. You see that unknown soldier lean down and relight the fire, mumbling something unintelligible all the while.
You have learned Basic air manipulation (level 1)

Skills: Basic air manipulation (lv 1)
Total bonuses:0

Inventory:

Raspin Hongu(Saima)
Action: Minor- Say "We will need all of the tools we can get to defend ourselves. I suggest we try to learn some magics to better our chances."
Major- I concentrate on the fire in the cave, trying to peer into the basics of fire manipulation. (Learn fire manipulation) [3]

You tell everyone that they should all try to learn magic to defend themselves, but see that Foolishballoon and the other guy have already got to work on learning magic. You sit down near the fire and concentrate. Trying to control the fire, you feel heat. It gets warmer and warmer, now its burning! You quickly jump back from the fire, but it was too late, you burnt your hands while trying to control the fire. You were able to make the fire bigger, but not control it. Clearly you need more practice.

Modifiers: Burnt hands ( -1 to rolls for 2 turns)

Skills: None

Inventory:

Voltir(its_crunchtime)
Action: Major- Train my sword skills and search for a crossbow in the cave. [6]

You decide to practice some moves with your sword. You swing it around until you're tired, and feel like you've learned something fighting those invisible goblins. After you finish, you look around in the back of the cave for a crossbow. Unfortunately, there is no crossbow back here, but there are quite a few crates and barrels.

You have learned Melee weapon training (level 1)

Skills: Melee weapon training (Lv1)
Total Bonuses: +1 to melee attack rolls

Inventory:

Game events:
As everyone is busy training, a soldier walks in. "Hey guys, after that battle I got up to go to the capital, but then this storm hit, do you mind if I join you?"(8680 joins group, please post your action)

After you all finish your training and prepare to sleep out the night, you hear voices. Raspin looks outside and quickly runs back. "People are coming, and they don't look friendly!"

Enemies:
Bandit 1: Ovid(Leader):
Bandit 2:Bragi:
Bandit 3:Grith:
FoolishBalloon
FoolishBalloon
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

[Archive]R2D: Guardians of the Otherland Empty Re: [Archive]R2D: Guardians of the Otherland

Post  FoolishBalloon Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:00 am

Roll #2

Alright great, ill roll now

Seeing how events worked out in this roll, everyone's base health has been increased to 15.(there has to be something special about you guys, right?)

Voltir(its_crunchtime)
Action: Attempt to reason with the bandit leader, if they attack Slash and hack my way to the leader. [1]

As the most imposing member of the group, you try to persuade the bandit leader to leave. "We are trained soldiers of the Akadan army, if you wish to live, then leave now!"
The bandit leader laughed. "The Akadan army? Oh, we saw your highly trained soldiers in action, fleeing from the battlefield. Let's see you prove me wrong." he said as he hefted his battleaxe.
As the best trained swordsman to the group, you step forward, prepared to drive you blade into his gut. Focused on the man, and not your surroundings, you step on some loose gravel and fall to the ground.

Modifiers: Injured head, -2 to rolls for 2 turns

Total Bonuses: +1 to melee attack rolls, -2 to all rolls for 2 turns

Health: 15/15

Inventory:

Unknown(Flamelasher)
Action: Cut off a bandits feet and hands, then stab him in the chest [7]

You charge forward after seeing Voltir fall to the ground. Aiming straight for the leader and avoiding the loose gravel, you reach him successfully and engage in combat

Flamelasher: d20 (d20 + 0)
Ovid: d21 (d20 +2(Training and strength)-1( Your Shield)

Flamelasher's roll [6]
Ovid's roll [15]

Ovid uses agility that you didn't know he had to move out of the way , and respond with a brutal swing of his axe.

Damage roll: Battle axe (1d8) = 8, crit bonus x3 = 24 damage

The axe digs into your side and you are flung onto the wall of the cave. Falling limply down against the cave wall, you cannot move and see blood pouring out of your wound. Your vision begins to dim as you close your eyes.

Unconscious
Will die in 2 turns if wound is not treated

Total Bonuses:[i] 0

[i]Health:
0/15

Inventory:

Action: Use my sword to drag out a torch from the fire and throw it at the enemies, then support my buddies by throwing stones at the boss.[1]

You quickly decide to use your sword to pull a torch out of the fire, but as you stick it in a spark flies up, causing you to drop your sword in the fire. Knowing that it would be stupid to try and get it now, you decide to throw stones at the boss. As you pick up a rock, one of the bandits runs toward you with his axe.

FoolishBalloon: d20 (d20+0)
Bragi:d20 (d20 +1(melee training) -1(your shield))

FoolishBalloon's roll:[19]
Bragi:[7]

You deftly evade the bandits swing and swing your rock into his head

Damage Roll: Rock (1d3) =[1]

You hit his skull with all your strength, but he barely seems fazed.

After the encounter, you feel like you have learned how to better use melee weapons

Skills: Basic air manipulation (lv 1),melee weapon training (lv 1)
Total bonuses: melee attacks +1

Inventory:

Raspin Hongu(Saima)
Action: Minor: "Friends, I don't believe our magic is embedded in our minds enough yet to be of any use. I suggest we use our melee strength to overpower these brutes." Major: Hide in the shadows of the cave, and ready my sword for battle [8-1=7]

You saw the guy without a name about to try and use his new spell on the enemies, and knowing that it would not end well, you quickly shout "Friends, I don't believe our magic is embedded in our minds enough yet to be of any use. I suggest we use our melee strength to overpower these brutes!" He clearly hears you, as he stopped what he was doing and drew his sword instead. As the bandits charge, you hide in the shadows of the cave and ready your sword for battle. The moment comes when one charges to attack Foolishballoon from the side. You jump out at him and fight.

Raspin Hongu: d22(+2(ambush bonus))
Grith: d19(+1(melee training)-2 (ambushed))

Raspin's roll: [3]
Grith's roll: [2] (wow, lucky saima)

You jump out from the shadows, catching him completely off guard. He trys to block your attack with his weapon, but he is too slow.

Damage Roll: Short sword(1d6)=[2]

Even though you drove your sword into one of his arms, he still manages to scramble up off the ground and get back in a fighting stance.

After this encounter you feel that you have learned how to use melee weapons better

Modifiers: Burnt hands ( -1 to rolls for 1 turns)

Skills: Melee weapon training (level one)
Total Bonuses: +1 to melee rolls

Inventory:

Ash Jiervan
Action: Minor - Get my equipment. Major - Attack the bandits.[5]

You quickly make sure you still have your sword and shield on you. Breathing a sigh of relief after you find that you still have them. Drawing your sword, you prepare to fight the bandits, but realize that one is coming towards you. With shock, you realize that he has blood on his axe, and promptly see the nameless guy leaning unconscious against the cave wall. You steel yourself for battle and hope for the best.

Ash Jiervan: d20 (+0)
Ovid: d21(+2(strength and melee)-1(Your shield)

Ash's roll:[20]
Ovid: [4]

Using your skills that you learned as a soldier, you wait for the brute to swing his axe, then lunge at him with your sword.

Damage roll: Iron short sword(1d6)=[5]

Ovid's eyes are wide with shock as your sword stabs into his gut. Clearly in pain, he stumbles backwards and rips the sword out, throwing it at you. With great skill and luck, you catch the sword and prepare to engage him again.

After the fight, you feel that you have increased your proficiency with melee weapons

Skills: Melee weapon training (lv 1)

Inventory:

Game events: The battle rages on!

Enemies:
FoolishBalloon
FoolishBalloon
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:02 pm

Roll #3

Unknown(Flamelasher)

Action: Attempt to magically block my wounds with energy fields while unconscious and bleeding out.

Roll (5)

Forcing yourself awake, you see the battle still raging on. You feel an intense pain in your side. Seeing the massive gash, you try and put all your energy into blocking the wound. A weak energy field forms over it, you know it alone won't save you, but hopefully it will slow down the bleeding. You fall back into your unconscious state.

Turn's till death without help increased by one
Unconscious
Will die in 2 turns if wound is not treated

Health: 0/15

Inventory:

Action: As the soldier I smashed in the head still is dizzy, grab his arm and take his weapon, then bash it in his head. Fastly use the axe and get out my sword from the fire. Make sure to not tuch the hot parts and wire my cloths around the handle, run over to the unknown guy and put the hot blade against his wound, so it stops bleeding (YES, it'll hurt, but it might save your life...)

Roll (2)

You try to grab Bragi's arm to take his weapon, but he recovered more quickly than you had anticipated. Swinging his axe toward you, you prepare to dodge once again.

FoolishBalloon: d21(+1(Melee training))
Bragi:20(+1(melee training)-1(Shield))

FoolishBalloon's roll:3
Bragi's Roll:18

You prepare to get out of the way of Bragi's axe, but this time he was too quick, you see the axe coming toward you, and cant get out of the way in time.

Bragi's Roll: Iron Hand Axe(1d6,x2)=4

The axe digs into your leg, pain shoots up it and you fall over. Knowing that you have to get over to help Mr.Mysterious, you get to your feet and hobble over to the fire pit.

Health: 11/15

Inventory:

Raspin Hongu(Saima)

Action: Minor: "Someone attend to our unknown friend! We do not need the odds turned against us any more. "Major: Continue my attack against the bandit, attempting to hit him in the stomach

Roll (7)

Seeing Mr.Mysterious get flung against the wall, you yell : Someone attend to our unknown friend! We do not need the odds turned against us any more!" You see Voltir get up off the ground and run over to help him, then you resume your fight with Grith.

Raspin Hongu:d21(+1(melee training))
Grith:d20(+1(melee training)-1 (your shield)

Raspin's Roll: 11
Grith's Roll: 11

You both swing for the same spot, and your weapons clash. You pull back and prepare for another strike.

Raspin's Roll:8
Grith's Roll: 20

This time Grith was faster, he swung his axe before you could go in with your sword.

Damage Roll: Iron hand axe(1d6,x2)= 1

Griths axe only manages a glancing blow on your arm, slightly painful, but nothing serious

Modifiers:

Health: 14/15

Inventory:

Voltir(its_crunchtime)

Action: Major: Get away from the fray and rip off some of my tabard to wrap around Flamelashers wound.

Minor: Try not to get hit.

(1-2=1) (Geez, 2 1's in a row)

You escape the fray easily, as the bandits are distracted in their own fights, and reach Mr.Mysterious. You try to rip off a piece of cloth off your tabard, but instead half the tabard comes off. You shrug and try to wrap it around the wound, but something is blocking it. You try and force the invisible object off, but it sends a jolt of energy through your hand, causing it to twitch uncontrollably.

Injured head, -2 to rolls for 1 turn
Total Bonuses: +1 to melee attack rolls, -2 to all rolls for 1 turn, twitching hand -1 to combat rolls for 2 turns

Inventory:

Ash Jiervan(8680)

Action: Minor : None.Major : Keep attacking Ovid.

Roll(2)

You prepare to fight Ovid again when you get a cramp in your shield hand, forcing you to drop it and go in with just your sword.

Ash Jiervan: 21(+1(melee training))
Ovid:20(+1(melee training)+1(strength)-2(in pain))

Ash's Roll:10
Ovid's Roll:18

Without your shield, you can't block his axe in time

Damage Roll: Battle Axe(1d8,x3)=3

The axe comes swinging against your shield arm, but doesn't cut through the bone.

Health: 13/15

Inventory:

Game events:The bandits are beginning to tire!

Enemies:

Come on guys, you can do this!
On another note, i recommend that some of you use your magic.
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:04 pm

Roll #4

Action: Minor - Press my superhot sword against FLAMELASHERS wound

Major - "Fuusen: Rasen-Shuriken!" (A strong attack that should cut through the bandits, it compresses air so it gets as hard and sharp as steel) "DIE YOU SON OF A BRICK!" (Bragi) (Aim for his heart)

Roll (7)

You retrieve your hot blade from the fire, wrapping cloth around the handle to avoid burning yourself, and press it against Mr.Mysterious's wound. He is still unconscious, so he does not feel the pain, though you see that it has successfully stopped the bleeding. As you turn around and see Bragi running towards you, you decide to end it right here. Calling upon your knowledge of air manipulation, you compress the air and fire it towards Bragi, aiming for his heart.

FoolishBalloon:d20
Bragi:d19(+1(melee training)-1(tired)-1(your shield))

FoolishBalloon's attack roll:8
Bragi's Dodge Roll:4

You blade of air shoots towards Bragi, and he notices it too late to move out of the way.

Damage roll: Air Blade (1d8,x2)=6

Your air blade hits him right in the heart, knocking him down. Grasping at his chest, he drops his weapon and runs away.

Inventory:

Unknown(Flamelasher)

Action: --

Roll (5)

You see darkness, you feel nothing, what is happening? You see a light in the distance, the flickering light of hope. You don't know how you know this, but you do know that it is dim, you are on the brink of death. Suddenly the light grew brighter, as if it is forcing you awake. Your eyes open and you see a battle. You remember its beginning, how the leader nearly killed you with one swing of his axe. Your friends are still fighting fiercely, but you see that FoolishBalloon just sealed your wound. It looks like the wound would hurt, but you can't feel pain right now. In fact, you can't even move, all you can do is watch. The only plus to this is that you know you are alive, if barely.

Health: 1/15

Inventory:

Raspin Hongu(Saima)

Action: Minor: "Thy skill is comparable to a wild dog. Brutish, and idiotic."

Major: Attempt to knock his weapon out of his hands, sending it across the floor

Roll (1)

Continuing your fight with the bandit, you decide to launch a taunt at him. "Thy skill is comparable to wild dog. Brutish, and idiotic." Your taunt seems to have got through to him, but unfortunately, it appears to have enraged him. He charges at you with renewed vigor, and you try to knock his weapon away, but he twists your arm and forces you to the ground. As he lets go, you quickly scramble to your feet, slightly disoriented, but ready to fight.

Raspin Hongu:d20(+1(Melee training)-1(Disoriented)
Grith:d20(+1(Melee training)-1(Tired)+1(Enraged)-1(Your Shield))

Raspin's Roll:10
Grith's Roll:1

Even though you are disoriented, you manage to block his attack and go in for a slash of your own.

Damage Roll: Iron short sword (1d6,x2)= 2

Slashing at his left arm, you manage to cut his arm. While he cried out in pain, you knocked his weapon out of his hands and across the floor. He looks at you with rage, but you can also see some amount of fear, it seems that the idea of a loss has finally crossed his mind.

Modifiers:

Inventory:

Voltir(its_crunchtime)
Action: Major: KILL OVID
Minor: Try not to die. And scream a war-cry.

(4)

You decide that this battle has gone on too long, turning away from Mr. mysterious, you see the obvious leader and charge towards him. You decide to yell a fearsome war cry, but nothing comes to mind, so instead you decide to go with the good old guttural yell. "RAAARGH!" you scream as you run towards the leader, but rather than killing him like you had hoped, he turns around and swings his axe.

Voltir:d20(+1(Melee training)-1(Twitching hand))
Ovid:d19(+2(strength and melee training)-1(tired)-2(in Pain))

Voltir's Roll:10
Ovid's Roll:10

You quickly block Ovid's strike with your sword, and he growls and pulls back for another swing.

Voltir:d20(+1(Melee training)-1(Twitching hand))
Ovid:d18(+2(strength and melee training)-1(tired)-2(in Pain)-1(Your Shield))

Voltir's Roll:6
Ovid's Roll:1

Ovid swings for your head and you quickly duck under, readying your sword to drive into his gut.

Damage Roll: Iron short sword(1d6,x2)=2

You don't quite hit his gut, rather somewhere off to the side, but it still looked like it would have hurt. Withdrawing your blade, you leap back and give Ash a chance to strike.

Total Bonuses: +1 to melee attack rolls, twitching hand -1 to combat rolls for 1 turns

Inventory:

Ash Jiervan

Action: Minor : Put my shield back on.
Major : Keep attacking Ovid.

Roll(7)

You grab your shield off the ground and watch Voltir run in and stab Ovid. Seeing an opening when Voltir gets away, you charge back into the fight.

Ash Jiervan:d21(+1 Melee training)
Ovid:d18(+2(Strength and melee training)-1(Tired)-2(In pain)-1(Shield))

Ash's Roll:21
Ovid's Roll:15

You charge in at Ovid and strike while he is still recovering from the previous attack.

Damage Roll:Iron short sword (1d6,x2)=5

Your sword pierces Ovid's heart and he stares at you in disbelief as he collapses before your feet. You stand there feeling proud at how you took down this massive man with almost no help at all and you see a note sticking out of the pocket of his pants.

Health: 13/15

Inventory:

Game events: Bragi is fleeing(near cave entrance), Ovid has died, and Grith is the only one still fighting.

Enemies:
Bandit 1: Ovid(Leader):e004:

Bonuses: Basic melee weapon training (Lv 1),Strength(Lv 1).
Total Bonus: +2 to melee attack rolls.-2 to combat rolls,-1 to all rolls

Nice work guys, just one left. If you want to kill Bragi for experience you can, but he has already dropped everything that he was holding.
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:05 pm

Roll #5

Unknown(Flamelasher)

Action: "HELP MEEEEEEEEEE!"

Roll (1)

You are in alot of pain, and for some reason no one is helping you. "HELP MEEEEEEEEEE!" you cry out, and you seem to attract Voltirs attention. "Try and learn how to heal yourself!" Deciding that it is a good plan, you lean back and prepare to meditate. Unfortunately , your yell attracted the attention of the only remaining bandit, who had just managed to retrieve his axe. A grin appears across his face as he walks toward you, hefting his axe. You try to back away, crying for help, but no one responds. You feel too weak to use your magic, so you grab your sword and try to stop his swing.

Mr.Mysterious: d16(-2(on the ground)-2(in pain))
Grith:d20(+1(melee training) +1 (attacking a downed opponent)-1(tired)-1(shield))

Mr.Mysterious's Roll:13
Grith:11

Grith swings his axe down at you, but you manage to bring up your sword just in time to stop in. Surprised as both of you are that you managed to block it, you press the attack and swing for his legs.

Damage roll: Iron short sword(1d6,x2)=1

You manage to scrape the side of his leg with your sword, causing him to jump back, but you fear that he will try the same thing again.

After your swing, you feel that you have learned a bit more about melee fighting

Melee Training (Lv 1)

Total Bonuses: On the ground (-2) In pain (-2) Melee Training (Lv 1)

Inventory:

Action: Minor - Get the leaders note (I soo wanted the axe, but guess I am too late :/) and then the dropped handaxe.
Major - Sit down and focus. Train my air manipulation to a stronger level

Roll (3)

You walk over to Ovid's corpse and see Ash take the axe and stuff a small note in his pocket. Examining the corpse, you dont see anything else worthwhile and instead go and pick up the hand axe Bragi dropped. Seeing everyone distracted, you think that now is the perfect time to practice your air manipulation, so you sit down and focus. You try to control an even larger amount of air around you, compressing it into a ball, but pushing that amount of air into a ball requires more skill than you yet have. The ball of air explodes, flinging you into the wall of the cave and injuring your back.

Injured back: -1 to rolls that involve moving for 1 turn
Total bonuses: melee attacks +1, , injured back -1

Inventory:

Raspin Hongu(Saima)

Action: Minor: Take stock of the cave, and where the loot is

Major: Momentarily wave my sword into the fire, and then drive it into Bragi's stomach

Roll ( 8 )

Looking around the cave, you see Ovid and Bragi's axes quickly be claimed, but you notice quite a few crates and barrels at the back of the cave. Deciding not to let the bandit escape, you quickly wave your sword in the fire, and charge towards the fleeing Bragi. You manage to step in front of him just outside the cave and block his way, he throws himself to the ground at your feet and begs you to let him live.

Raspin Hongu: d21(+1(melee training))
Bragi: d4(-1(tired)-2(pain)-2(fleeing)-10(on the ground at your feet)-1(your shield))

Raspin's Roll: 18
Bragi's Roll:2

Feeling no pity for the bandit, you drive your hot sword into his stomach

Damage Roll: Iron short sword(1d6 +1(hot sword),x2)= 3

Bragi lets loose a terrible cry as his life is extinguished through a burning sword in his stomach. You see that only one bandit is left now to face all five members of your group and confidently stride back into the cave.

Modifiers:

Inventory:

Voltir(its_crunchtime)

Action: Major: Learn Summon Blade (summons a blade(I guess the length depends on skill) that appears in my hand, either to throw or use.)
Minor: Tell Mr.Mysterious to learn a magic ability to heal himself

Roll (2)

Seeing that both Ovid and Bragi have died, you feel that you are safe enough to try and learn a new spell. You sit down and try to learn how to summon blades. Focusing deeply on the subject, you feel that you are about to discover how to use the spell when a voice cuts through your meditation. ""HELP MEEEEEEEEEE!" Angered at being distracted at that pivotal moment, you shout back grumpily ""Try and learn how to heal yourself!" so annoyed are you that you didn't notice that Mr.Mysterious had just spoken. Trying to focus back into your meditation, you cast your hand out to summon a blade when you are met with a sharp pain in your hand. Opening your eyes, you see that your sword has come out of its sheath and into your hand, you quickly pull it out, but the damage was done. Your hand now has a nice sized hole in it and is bleeding, you know that you should bandage it up fast or else it may get infected.

Total Bonuses: +1 to melee attack rolls, twitching hand -1 to combat rolls for 1 turns, Injured hand (-1 to combat rolls for 2 turns)

Inventory:

Ash Jiervan

Action: Minor : Put my shortsword in its sheath (or wherever it goes when not in use), put the note in my pocket, and take Ovid's axe.
Major : Attack Bragi with my axe.

Roll( 8 )

You put your shortsword in its sheath and pick up Ovid's axe, and stuff the note in your pocket. You prepare to stop the fleeing bandit from escaping, but you see Raspin stop him with no trouble at all. Seeing Grith as the only bandit left, you charge him instead. As you run up to him, you see the fear in his eyes at having his leaders weapon flying towards him.

Ash Jiervan:d21(+1(melee training))
Grith:d17(+1(melee training)-1(your shield)-1(tired)-2(fear))

Ash's Roll:7
Grith's Roll:12

Grith manages to dodge your deadly swing, and responds with a quick swing of his own.

Damage roll: Iron Hand Axe(1d6,x2)=3

Grith swings at your leg and manages to hit you. Though painful, it isn't nearly enough to keep you out of the fight.

Total bonuses: +1 (Melee training) -1(Leg pain)
Health: 10/15

Inventory:

Game events: Bragi has died. Seeing his comrade killed while trying to flee, Grith has decided to fight to the death.

Enemies:
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:06 pm

Roll #6

Raspin Hongu(Saima)
Action: Major: Learn Persuasion (magically persuade people to do various things)

Minor: Look around the cave to see if I can find any pancakes (lol)

Roll (5)

Seeing that Grith will probably be taken care of, you decide to look around the cave for some pancakes. Walking to the back of the cave, you look in some crates. They are full of gold,armor and some other items. Shrugging, you walk away, saddened that you did not discover any pancakes. To better your mood, you decide to learn how to magically persuade people to do various things. Deciding that for something like this you should focus on your tongue, you close your eyes and focus. After a time, you envision yourself speaking to other people, and you see them doing as you say. Feeling confident in this image, you feel like you have learned how to use this spell.

Minor Persuasion (Lv1, you can command weak minded people to do simple things)

Modifiers:
Skills: Melee weapon training (level one), Minor Persuasion(Level 1)

Inventory:

Ash Jiervan
Action: Major : Keep attacking Grith.
Minor : None.

Roll(4)

Seeing Mr. Mysterious still laying on the ground, and everyone else distracted by something else, you decide that you need to keep attacking Grith. so you swing your battleaxe towards him again.

Ash Jiervan:d20(+1(melee training)-1 (leg pain))

Ash's Roll:9
Grith's Roll:13

Grith manages to block another attack of yours with his axe. Surprised at him stopping your axe twice, he manages to get a quick swing at you.

Damage Roll: Iron Hand Axe (1d6,x2) = 3

This time Grith swung for your other leg, it seems he is trying to cripple you, and to your annoyance it seems to be working. Gritting your teeth, you manage you ignore the added pain from this leg and resume your stance.

Total bonuses: +1 (Melee training) -1(Leg pain until bandaged)
Health:7/15

Inventory:

Voltir(its_crunchtime)

Action: Kill Grith

Roll (6)

Seeing Ash get hit by Grith twice in a row, you decide to join the fight and help ash. You run up to Grith from behind and he turns around to fight you.

Voltir:d19(+1(melee training)-1(twitching hand)-1(injured hand))
Grith: d18(+1(melee training)-1(your shield)-1(tired)-1(Surrounded))

Voltir's Roll:13
Grith's Roll:8

Managing to still your twitching hand, you swing your sword at Grith while he is still turning around to face you. Shocked at seeing the blade already so close, there is nothing he can do in time save wait for impact.

Damage Roll: Iron short sword (1d6,x2)= 1

Despite slashing at Grith as he was still turning around, your twitching hand knocks your aim out of line and your sword only manages to clip his shoulder.

Total Bonuses: +1 to melee attack rolls, Injured hand (-1 to combat rolls for 1 turns)

Inventory:

Unknown(Flamelasher)
Action: Learn healing and use it.

Roll (4)

Now that Ash and Voltir have covered you from Grith, you see the perfect time to practice learning to heal. You try and focus, but your pain keeps you from going deep enough to learn anything. After multiple tries, you decide to rest instead and come back to this later.

Skills: Basic energy field making(Lv 1), melee training (Lv 1)
Total Bonuses: Melee Training (+1 to melee weapon rolls)On the ground (-2 to physical rolls) In pain (-2 to all rolls)

Inventory:

b]FoolishBalloon(FoolishBalloon)[/b]
Action: Major - Train my magic, and remember what I made for mistake last time, and don't do it once again.

Minor - Sit down in a nice position behind the crates so the enemy won't see me. If he attacks, respond by wielding axe in one hand and sword in the other (Both are small weapons)

Roll ( 8 )

You roughly get up off the ground and head behind the crates for cover from Grith. Deciding to be prepared, you hold both your weapons in your hands just in case you are interrupted. You focus on what you did wrong last time, realizing that you must have tried to control too much air, you scale it back to a smaller amount. You force the air around you into a ball once again, but this time the ball holds. In a moment of joy, you cast it towards a crate to see its strength, but to your surprise when the crate shatters, gold coins go flying out of it.

You feel that you have improved your manipulation of air to a novice level

Skills: Novice air manipulation (lv 2,+1 to rolls involving air manipulation),melee weapon training (lv 1)
Injured back: -1 to rolls that involve moving for 1 turn
Total bonuses: melee attacks +1, , injured back -1

Inventory:

Game events: Grith is still fighting, Raspin has discovered all items in the crates, FoolishBalloon has discovered only the gold. As Foolish said in his action, Two light weapons can be dual wielded, therefore some of you could wield a short sword and a dagger, though dual wielding means you lose the armor bonus of a shield.

Item Name Weight Value Damage Armor
Dagger 1 4 1d4 --
Dagger 1 4 1d4 --
Leather Boots 2 10 -- +1
Leather helmet 2 10 -- +1
Chain (10ft(Crafting)) 10 20 -- --
Gold Coins(100) -- 100 -- --

Enemies:
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:07 pm

Roll #7

Raspin Hongu(Saima)
Action: Minor: Grab the chain from the container, and 10 coins.

Major: Continue my thought process on persuasion, deepening my knowledge of the humanoid psyche.

Roll (7)

Deciding that you should head back to the crates, you are surprised to see that FoolishBalloon had destroyed the one filled with gold, and now there are gold pieces everywhere. You quickly grab ten coins and the chain from the container. After collecting your coins, you sit down and think about your persuasive abilities, thinking that you could improve them in some ways. After a time, you feel that you have progressed far enough for the day and decide to stop. You know that you are getting somewhere with your ideas, and if you are able to do the same again than you may advance your skill further.

Modifiers:

Inventory:

Ash Jiervan
Action: Major : Keep attacking Grith.

Roll(3)

Once more you prepare your axe, cursing yourself for missing twice and promising that your axe will strike true now. You swing your axe back and strike Grith.

Ash Jiervan:d20(+1(melee training)-1 (leg pain))

Ash's Roll:16
Grith's Roll:3

Finally your axe has the opening it needs, you swing it under Grith's axe and prepare for the meeting of flesh and steel.

Damage Roll: Iron Battleaxe (1d8,x3)= 7

Your axe digs deep into Grith's flesh, and you feel a great satisfaction as he falls to the ground before you. Finally he has fallen, but to your despair he was not holding anything besides his axe. After the fight, you feel like you are much closer to advancing in your skill with an axe, though not quite there yet.

Total bonuses: +1 (Melee training) -1(Leg pain until bandaged)

Inventory:

Voltir(its_crunchtime)

Action: Kill Grith, if he is dead Search the cave for any useful items.

Roll (5)
You watch Ash brutally cut down Grith before your eyes, shrugging, you decide to see whats the commotion is in the back of the cave. Walking behind the crate, you see Raspin and FoolishBalloon quickly picking up coins, and notice other crates with weapons and armor. With so much around, you don't know where to start, so you decide to pick up 10 gold coins for a start.

Total Bonuses: +1 to melee attack rolls, Injured hand (-1 to combat rolls for 1 turns)

Inventory:

Unknown(Flamelasher)

Action: Learn healing and use it.

Roll (1-2=1(I swear this is not rigged!))

You decide to try and heal once again, but you try to do it a different way. You feel out with your mind and manage to connect to the wound. In a rush of adrenaline, you decide to force the wound together , but instead of connecting it, the wound grows, suddenly the blood begins flowing again. You quickly try and fix it, but it only makes it worse. The terrible pain is too much too handle, darkness is closing in on you, it seems so easy, so painless to give in. You let go of your link to life and fall to the ground, dead.
You are dead, thanks for playing!
(The rolls just didn't work out this time, feel free to try again later!)

Health: 0/15

Inventory:

Action: Minor:take the helmet and 50 coins then
Major: Train my air more, ready to kill Grith if he comes close.

Roll ( 8 )
As you stare in wonder at the pile of gold coins, stunned, Raspin runs around and grabs a chain from one of the other crates, then begins to pick up some coins. Not wanting to be left out, you quickly grab 50 coins and see what else is in the crates. Seeing a nice leather helmet, you decide to grab it and put it on, giving you some nice head armor. Just as you put it on, Voltir comes around to see what was happening and seeing all the coins scattered across the floor, he grabs some. After the scramble for items is done, you decide to try and improve your air manipulation even more. You manage find a nice quiet spot in the back of the cave, even further behind the crate and delve into your manipulation of air. You sit and focus for quite some time, when you feel that you have thought enough on the concept, you try a more advanced move. Gathering the air from the back of the cave where no one needs it to breathe, you force it below you and manage, for a time, to float. Just a bit off the ground and only for a few seconds, but you were floating. Feeling that you have advanced even further in your manipulation of air, you smile, though have an uneasy feeling that improving your skill from this point will require much more practice than what you have done so far. Suddenly a strange sensation wells up within you. Through all your practice in skills, you have managed to increase your chances of doing everything right.

Apprentice air manipulation (lv3), +2 to magic rolls involving air manipulation
Level 2, +1 to all rolls

Skills: Apprentice air manipulation (lv 3,+2 to magic rolls involving air manipulation),melee weapon training (lv 1)
Total bonuses: melee attacks +1,+2 to magic rolls involving air manipulation,+1 to all rolls

Inventory:

And so the first hero dies in a pool of his own blood, his unfortunate fate to be remembered and avenged by his friends. Though they only knew him for a short time, and never really knew him in the sense that they didn't know what he was. They still gave him a proper burial, much more than can be said for the bandit who killed him. Ovid's corpse was looted, whereas he was buried with his sword and shield, not the gold of course, which was distributed among the party members.

Game events: Grith has died, along with the first hero. The storm is clearing up and it looks like you can head out soon. One roll till I change the area, The small note still has not been read

Remaining Items:
Item Name Weight Value Damage Armor
Dagger 1 4 1d4 --
Dagger 1 4 1d4 --
Leather Boots 2 10 -- +1
Gold Coins(40) -- 40 -- --

Enemies:
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:08 pm

Roll #8

Raspin Hongu(Saima)

Action: Minor: "Finally we are ridden of enemies. Let us not become complacent, however. The weather will soon clear, and we must head out."

Minor 2: Take one of the daggers

Major: Learn Mind Twist (confuse and twist reality for target person, making it hard to think straight).

Roll (4)

Seeing the final bandit slain, you call out to your group "Finally we are rid of these enemies, let us not become complacent, however. The weather will soon clear, and we must head out." You decide to take one of the daggers from the crate and then attempt to expand your knowledge of the working of the mind. Sitting down, you try to focus. When you finally feel like you are getting somewhere, a loud noise interrupts your thoughts. You eyes snap open and you run to see what happened. Realizing that it was just FoolishBalloon practicing his magic, you calm down and head back inside. You try to focus again, but cannot get into the correct state of mind. Deciding that you won't be able to learn anything now, you resign yourself to sitting by the fire where you wait for everyone else to finish their studies.

Modifiers:

Inventory:

Ash Jiervan

Action: Minor : Take the Leather Boots and 25 gold coins. Read the note.
Major : Learn Air Magic.

Roll(6)

Hearing the commotion at the back of the cave, you head back to see what is happening. Upon reaching the back of the cave, you see quite a bit of gold and a few crates. Taking 25 coins and a pair of leather boots, you remember that you had a note in your pocket. Opening the note, you see that the style of writing is not befitting of a bandit.
<You are hereby required to lend your services to the mighty kingdom of Daedalia through aiding in the invasion, and afterwards clearing out all resistance and survivors of the Akadan Empire. The heads of the aforementioned are required to receive your payment, at a rate of 500 gold pieces per head. ~ High Councilor Deniken >
Clearly this paper is proof of the mercenary's that Daedalia has recruited for their war, but you cannot yet denote their motives for this. Looking up and seeing everyone else focused on meditation, you decide to join them. Sitting down, you decide that FoolishBalloon's magic seems the most promising. Focusing deeply on the air around you, you begin to feel it all around you as you breathe in and out. As you reach the peak of your meditation, you decide that now is the time to try controlling the air. A simple ball will suffice, so you focus on the image in your mind and extend your hand. To your great delight, a ball of air forms using the air surrounding you and blasts forth from your hand.

You have successfully learned Basic air manipulation (Lv1)

Total bonuses: +1 (Melee training) -1(Leg pain until bandaged),+1 to rolls involving air magic(basic air manipulation)

Inventory:

Voltir(its_crunchtime)

Action: Minor: Take the remaining dagger
Major: Learn Summon Blade spell (again!)

Roll (3)

After picking up the coins, you see Raspin take a dagger out of one of the crates. Looking in the same crate, you see another dagger laying there and decide to take it for yourself. You sit down and examine it, looking deeply at its every feature, memorizing it. Finally when you feel that you know its features well enough, you try to create one yourself. Focusing on the features, you prepare to call it forth when a blast disrupts your thoughts. You see that instead of creating a dagger, you instead distorted your own by accident and now it has become misshapen.(Deals 1d3 instead)

GM tip: though you did it by accident, learning to reshape weapons could be an incredibly useful skill when done correctly.

Total Bonuses: +1 to melee attack rolls

Inventory:

b]FoolishBalloon(FoolishBalloon)[/b]
Action: Train my Air Skills by first digging out Griths grave, then sucking away all air above it, making a vacuum, and shoot the air on him so he explodes REVENGE FOR FLAMELASHER!

Roll (5+2+1=8 )
Still angry about the loss of your nameless friend, you charge outside to the bandits graves. Locating them isn't hard, for they were nonchalantly dumped on top of each other in a pile just outside. You call upon your powers of air manipulation and pull the air above the bandits body's away, creating a vacuum. You then send the air crashing down upon the corpses, exploding them and sending a resounding roar of air across the valley. Seeing the corpses destroyed gives you some semblance of vengeance for the death of your friend and also some experience toward air manipulation.

Apprentice air manipulation (lv3), +2 to magic rolls involving air manipulation
Level 2, +1 to all rolls

Skills: Apprentice air manipulation (lv 3,+2 to magic rolls involving air manipulation),melee weapon training (lv 1)
Total bonuses: melee attacks +1,

Inventory:

Game events: (From the perspective of FoolishBalloon, as the player one slot is currently empty)

Staring at the spot where the corpses once were, you suddenly notice that the rain has stopped. Running back into the cave, you call out "Hey guys, the rain has stopped , let's get a move on!" Raspin and Voltir look up at you as if you had done something wrong, but you have no idea what that could possibly be.

Voltir stands up " I agree, there is little daylight left and we must not waste any of it."

You lead your group back to the path and begin your long walk to the city. Through the walk, there is not much talking, though once in a while someone tried to bring up a conversation, it didn't catch on.

You all walk for quite some time until the sun begin set, at which point Ash stops. "We should set up camp here while the sun is still up, those trees should provide some cover if it begins to rain again."

As you finish gathering wood for the fire, a Bangaa walks through the bushes nearby. You draw your sword, and see that everyone else has done the same. "Who are you?" you ask questioningly.

"I am Migelo, I am the ranger around these parts, but perhaps you soldiers can explain why there are so many bandits running around?" says the Bangaa

Seeing that he means no harm, Ash shows him the note that he found on Ovid's body. "Apparently they came with the invasion force, and then fragmented to wreak havoc.

"We are at war?" says Migelo, shocked at what he was hearing.

"Yes, and we are trying to find out why. Hopefully we can find answers in the capital.

"Then I shall join you. If there is a choice between saving the world and saving a forest, i'm going to go with the world." say Migelo,smiling.

"I'm not sure about that, we are trained soldiers, and you are someone that we have just met in a forest." you say.

"No." says Voltir. "The Bangaa can fight, he holds himself well. Besides, we are down a member anyway."

"Yes, I am quite a good archer, but not too bad with a dagger as well."

New party member (Migelo):

Health 15/15

Skills: Basic archery training(lv 1), Basic melee training(lv 1)

Bonuses: +1 to archery rolls,+1 to melee rolls

Inventory:

You will have once action in this forest, then the scene will change again. Mastery, you are now in the game, so please post an action.

Scene: You are deep in the forest, the camp is in an area sheltered by fairly large pine trees just a small way off the main path. There are many bushes surrounding your campsite, and you have a small fire burning in the center of the site.
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:09 pm

Roll #9

Migelo (Mastery910)

Action: Minor: "Thanks for letting me tag along, Voltir. I won't let these bandits win the war!"
Major: I start staring out infront of me, kind off like day dreaming and I see something in my mind. [Learn Manipulate spacetime]

Roll (4)

As you sit down by the fire, you turn to Voltir."Thanks for letting me tag along, Voltir. I won't let these bandits win the war!"

Voltir turns to you "No problem, besides, five is a good number for a group."

As you turn back to the fire, you decide to try to advance your magic skill. Staring out in front of you, your mind begins to drift as you see time slowing. Focusing harder on this discovery, you begin to try and manipulate it, when suddenly Voltir gets up.

"I'm going to go exploring, feel free to come if you want."

Losing your focus, you try to get back in the mind frame you were in before you were disrupted. It doesn't help, you can't recall exactly how you started, but hopefully you can remember later.

Skills: Melee weapon training (Lv1),Ranged weapon training (Lv1)
Total Bonuses: +1 to melee attack rolls, +1 to ranged attack rolls

Inventory:

Action: Train my Air Magic even more by making an air sword, by compressed air. Take it in my hand, and run forward to the closest tree "FOR FLAAAAMEELAAASEER!" and make a swing, cutting it of, then repeating it with some other trees.

Roll (3+2=5)

Even though someone new has joined your group, he is no replacement for Mr. mysterious to you. Still anrgy at the loss of your friend, you manipulate air around you into the form of a sword and grip it in your hand. You shout the words "FOR FLAAAAMEELAAASEER!" You don't know why, but the words just seem to fit as his name, and charge at a nearby tree. With a mighty swing, your blade cuts straight through the tree, or you though it would, but the tree was much stronger than you thought. Taking a few more swings , it finally falls over and you feel that you have calmed down enough to sleep, so you head back to the fire.

Apprentice air manipulation (lv3),550/1000

Level 2, +1 to all combat rolls

Total bonuses: melee attacks +1,combat rolls +1(level 2),air manipulation +2

Inventory:

Raspin Hongu(Saima)

Action: Minor: Follow Crunchtime, so we won't be alone if we get separated from camp

Major: Be on the lookout for any shiny items mysteriously lying on the ground, or any animals ready to kill me.*

*Maybe some pancakes too?

Roll (4)

Voltir gets up and announces that he is going to explore, and you, being the adventurous type, decide to join him. Walking for a time, Voltir suddenly stops and clears away needles and leaves, uncovering a trap door. He then jumps down and you follow him. The room is lit with torches, filled with bookshelves and paper, but as you hop down, you see a man whirl up off the chair and disappear. You and Voltir both have your swords drawn and after a time, begin to cautiously search the room. Voltir finds a summon blade scroll, but you just find indecipherable words scrawled across papers. Not finding anything, even pancakes, you head back to camp no richer than when you left.

Inventory:

Voltir(its_crunchtime)

Action: Go exploring!

Roll (7)

"I'm going exploring, feel free to join me." you say to Migelo as you get up, but instead Raspin decides to come with you. Walking out a ways, you suddenly feel like you stepped on wood planks, so you quickly clear away the leaves and needles on the forest floor. Sure enough it uncovers a hidden trapdoor, lifting it, you jump down the hole and see that it is lit by a torch inside. The room has quite a few bookshelves, a desk covered with paper, and a man in robes hunched over them. As you enter, the man turns around with almost superhuman speed, but at seeing two people, he throws his arms down and vanishes. Staying wary for a time, you realize that you must have discovered a wizard who most likely teleported away upon seeing his home invaded. You notice doors on either side of the room, but when testing them, you realize they are barred by magic. Shrugging, you look at the desk and see a scroll. Picking it up, you read the scroll and find that you have discovered a magic spell. It is the summon blade spell that you have been desperately trying to learn, you put it in your pocket, hoping to read it later. You look around but dont find anything else you can understand, so you leave and head back to camp.

Total Bonuses: +1 to melee attack rolls,

Inventory:

Ash Jiervan
Action: Minor : Bandage my leg. "You're a what? An awesome-looking bounty hunter? Well, you look useful whatever you are."
Major : Practice my new magic as we walk.

Roll(3)

Deciding that now is the perfect time to bandage your wound, you rip off part of your tabard and wrap it around the wound.Feeling better, you try to follow Voltir and Raspin as they go exploring, but as you try to practice manipulating air, you eventually lose sight of them. Deciding that you better head back before you get lost, you turn around and find yourself facing a forest wolf, oddly alone. It bares its teeth and lunges at you.

Ash Jiervan:d21(+1(melee training)
Lone Forest Wolf:d14(-1(your shield)

Ash's Roll:19
Wolf's Roll:7

You quickly swing your battleaxe at the wolf and manage to catch it right it the stomach.

Damage roll: Iron Battleaxe(1d8,x3)=7, wolfs health =0/6

Smashing the wolf in the stomach, it is flung off into the bush and doesn't come back. Glad that you managed to defeat it so quickly, you walk back to camp unhindered, but you feel that you have increased your skill with melee weapons.

Melee weapon level up!

Skills: Melee weapon training (lv 2)
Total bonuses: +2 (Melee training) 1 to rolls involving air manipulation(basic air manipulation)
Health:10/15

Inventory:

Game Events: Changing scene (perspective of player 1(Mastery))

You wake up early in the morning, as you are used to from your work as a ranger and see that everyone else is still sleeping. Deciding that if they want to get to the capital today, they should get going soon, you wake them up. " Come on guys, it's time to move!" It worked and they all open there eyes, but they don't look too happy, Ash in particular.

"We don't need to get on the road yet Migelo, go back to sleep." says Ash grumpily.

"But if we leave now, we can get to the capital today!" you shout.

Voltir gets up " I think Migelo has a point, we should get moving. The world isn't going to wait for us to get some extra sleep."

Within minutes you are on the road, but no one is in the mood to chat, except for yourself,and you soon resorts to initiating a conversation with yourself after no one was answers you.
After a time, you finally reach the capital of Makar. It is a fantastic, yet confusing sight. Confusing because it appears untouched and the banner is still flying high from the citadel."Let's go guys, the city still stands!"

"No, wait." says Raspin."Something is not right here."

"What do you mean?" you ask

"Just wait, this doesn't seem...right." replies Raspin.

Suddenly a resounding roar of horns blasts across the valley from all sides, and the valley is swarmed by hundreds of thousands of soldiers. They come in from all sides, offering no chance of escape. You all watch the scene, stunned at the sheer scale of the army. The soldiers run with unnatural speed and already are upon the city gates. You all watch the army pour into the city, until eventually the soldiers begin coming out. No one says anything for a time, simply staring at the place where the army came and went like ghosts.

"The way I see it, we have two choices. We can try to persuade the remaining kingdoms to band together agaisnt a common foe, or we can venture to Daedalia and try to slay the one who started this war." says Voltir.

"You saw that army. How can anything? Even the remaining kingdoms hope to stand agaisnt such a vast force?" asks Raspin

"But there's no way we could kill the leader, we don't even know who he is, the kind could be a figurehead, we don't know. Even if we did, you all saw what common bandits did to us!" says FoolishBalloon

"No, Voltir is right, those are our only choices and our only hope. We may not be powerful enough to kill some evil wizard, and we may not be influential enough to persuade whole kingdoms to join our fight, but we can try. We need to vote." say Ash

Every player had one(1) vote, you may discuss pro's and con's amongst yourselves until you are ready to decide. When you have decided, please Bold your vote and when all five have voted, I will send you to your next destination.THIS IS IN PLACE OF AN ACTION FOR THIS TURN
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:10 pm

Player Vote

When everyone had finished voting, you were surprised that it managed to go so well, there was no disagreement at all. Everyone voted to band the remaining Kingdoms together, but you will have to hurry, for you don't know which kingdom will be attacked next. "Well, Hesiya and Caehid are the closest, so we should head to one of them."

"No, not Hesiya." says Ash "The Hesiyans are closer to Daedalia, they will be attacked next for sure. We need to head to Caehid."

"Alright then." you say "We are going to Caehid, hopefully we can reach the Village of Hiest within a day and perhaps reequip ourselves."

And you all head off, walking for most of the day, the sun is setting when the village of Hiest finally comes into view. As you prepare to walk down the hill towards it, five soldiers step in front of you. The leader steps out, taking into account your battle-worn armor."What are Akadan soldiers doing in Caehid?"

Voltir steps forth to address him. "The Akadan empire has been destroyed by Daedalia, we seek to unite the remaining kingdoms to join in the fight against them."

"And you hope to get aid looking like that? They wouldnt even let you enter the emperors castle, let alone his throne room, looking like that. I would tell you to reequip in our smithy, but we seem to have a bit of a bandit problem, perhaps you can help us out?"

"How many bandits are we talking about here?" asks Raspin

" Only five, they have been extorting money from this town until they finally came in and began to loot the whole place. I think we should be able to handle them alone, but I won't turn away some extra hands."

You all walk in a group down to the main street. Some of the houses have caught fire, keeping you away from them. Suddenly the bandits come out from the nearest building.

"You have raided this village for the last time, Bandit. Now come quietly or you will not leave." says the soldiers leader as he steps forth.

The leader of the bandits responds by spitting at his feet and hefting his mace.

The Fight Begins!

Allies:
Gerard(Soldier Leader):

Cyrus (Soldier 1):

Alistair(Soldier 2):

Richard(Soldier 3):

Lance(Soldier 4):

Enemies:
Atli (Bandit Leader):

Thidrik(Bandit 1):

Egil (Bandit 2):

Hrolf (Bandit 3):

Gelir (Bandit 4):
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:12 pm

Roll #10

Migelo (Mastery910)

Action: Minor: stand in the back with my shortbow.
Major: Shoot my arrows at Egil.

Roll (7)

You make sure to stay back from the rest of the group and draw your shortbow, aiming for their crossbowman. You get a clear shot and let your arrow fly.

Migelo:d22(+1(training)+1(clear shot))
Egil:d21(+1(training)

Migelo's Roll:1
Egil's Roll:7

The crossbowman sees the arrow and jumps out of the way, then fires a bolt right back at you.

Damage Roll: Light Crossbow (1d8,x2)=1

The bolt scrapes your leg, it's now bleeding a bit, but it's nothing serious

Inventory:

Action: Make a vacuum around Egils head, first sucking his eyes out, then slowly kill him because all his organs will get sucked out from his mouth. Then grab his crossbow and arrows

Roll (3)

You see Egil distracted by Migelo, and recall the spell you cast on those bodies. You prepare to create a vacuum around Egil's head, as you feel that it is almost done, Egil notices you. Clearly you underestimated how fast he would reload that crossbow, most people take some time to load a crossbow, but he manages it within seconds. He fires a bolt off before the spell is complete, and you have no choice but to stop so you can avoid it.

FoolishBalloon:d23(+1(level)+2(air manipulation))
Egil:d21(+1(ranged training))

FoolishBalloon's Roll:9
Egil's Roll:21

You spent too much time focusing on your spell and then underestimated the speed of his shot, you have no time to move out of the way.

Damage Roll: Light Crossbow (1d8,x2)=7

The arrow catches you in the chest and knocks you down. You try to avoid focusing on the pain and get back up, but it still hurts.

In Pain, -1 to combat rolls
Total bonuses: melee attacks +1,combat rolls +1,air manipulation +2

Health: 4/15

Inventory:

Raspin Hongu(Saima)

Action: Minor: Try not to slip. Do NOT fall on the ground. Like, no chance of that happening.

Major: Slash Gelir's head with my iron longsword

Roll (5)

You prepare to attack Gelir, but you slowly walk towards him to make sure you will not fall. You manages to get there in good time still and draw your sword and dagger.

Raspin Hongu:d21(+1(training))
Gelir:d21(+1(training))

Raspin's Roll:21
Gelir's Roll:4

You manage to avoid Gelir's daggers and slip by his defenses for a strike of your own

Damage Roll: Iron Shortsword(1d6,x2),Iron Dagger(1d4,x2)=3,4x2=8,=11

Your sword cuts Gelir's arm while your dagger pierces his heart. He falls to the ground before you, staring in shock at how swift his death came. AFter killing him, your feel more skilled with melee weapons.

Modifiers:
Skills: Melee weapon training (level two), Minor Persuasion(Level 1)

Inventory:

Voltir(its_crunchtime)

Action: Slash 'n' hack at the leader.

Roll (3)

You charge towards the leader with both your weapons drawn and make it there fine. He looks at you and merely hefts his mace. Seeing the large weapon, you prepare to do some dodging.

Voltir:d19(+1(training)-2(Atli's Shield)
Atli:d22(+1(training)+1(strength)

Voltir's Roll:16
Atli's Roll:10

Atli swings his mace, but you manage to jump out of the way and charge at his side for a strike of your own.

Damage Roll: Iron short sword(1d6,x2),Iron Dagger(1d3,x2)=5,3x2=6,=11

You manage you stab him twice, the first around his lungs and the second in his chest, he collapses before you, kneeling there in disbelief as Gerard runs up and knocks him to the ground.

"Good show Voltir, let's get the rest of them"

Total Bonuses: +1 to melee attack rolls,

Inventory:

Ash Jiervan
Action: Minor : Suck the air away from the burning buildings.
Major : Make that same air clump around and impede the bandits when they try to attack or dodge.

Roll(8+1=8 )

You use you basic knowledge of air manipulaton to take the air out of the closest two burning buildings, then fire that air towards the bandits to slow them down, but as your knowledge is small, it only slows one of them. You feel like your skill in the use of air manipulation has increased.

Total bonuses: +2 (Melee training) +2 to rolls involving air manipulation(basic air manipulation)
Health:10/15

Inventory:

Game Events:

Gerard: Attacks Thidrik

Gerard:d22(+1(training)+1(strength)
Thidrik:d19(+1(training)-2(Thick Air)

Gerard's Roll:22
Thidrik:5

Gerard avoids Thidrik's attack and swings his weapons towards his head.

Damage Roll: Iron Longsword(1d8,x2),(1d6,x2)=1,4,=5

Thidrik jumps back, and loses his arm instead of his head. Clearly in pain, he still manages to stand up.

Cyrus: Attacks Thidrik

Cyrus:d21(+1(training))
Thidrik:d17(+1(training)-2(Thick air)-2(missing arm)

Cyrus:1
Thidrik:11

Even without one of his arms, Thidrik manages to block Cyrus's attack and swing at him with his axe

Damage Roll: Iron hand axe(1d6,x2)=1

Thidrik only manages to skin some of Cyrus's arm, only causing a small wound

Alistair: Attacks Egil

Alistair:d21(training)
Egil:d21(training)

Alistair's roll:8
Egil's Roll:13

Egil manages again to load his crossbow with inhuman speed and fires off a bolt at a fairly close range.

Damage roll: light crossbow(1d8,x2)=7

Egil shoots alistair in the chest and knocks him down.

Richard: Attacks Hrolf

Richard:d21(training)
Hrolf:d21(training)

Richard's Roll:5
Hrolf's Roll: 17

Hrolf quickly swings his axe, giving Richard no time to move out of the way.

Damage Roll: Iron hand axe(1d6,x2)=3

Hrolf strikes Richards arm, cutting fairly deep into it and causing quite a bit of pain.

Lance: Attacks Hrolf

Lance: d21(training)
Hrolf:d21(training)

Lance's Roll:5
Hrolf's Roll:14

Turning from his previous fight, he blocks Lance's spear and swings his axe at his legs.

Damage Roll: Iron hand axe(1d6,x2)=1

His axe swing only has a glancing blow on Lance's leg

Allies:
Gerard(Soldier Leader):

Cyrus (Soldier 1):

Alistair(Soldier 2):

Richard(Soldier 3):

Lance(Soldier 4):

Enemies:
Atli (Bandit Leader):

Thidrik(Bandit 1):

Egil (Bandit 2):

Hrolf (Bandit 3):

Gelir (Bandit 4):
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:14 pm

Roll #11

Migelo (Mastery910)

Action: Shoot 2 arrows rapidly (legolas style) on Egil.

Roll (3)

You decide to continue your fight with Egil and to increase your chances, you decide to fire two arrows. Reaching into your quiver, you grab two arrows, which snap as they come out. Angered, you throw the broken arrows on the ground, and two more break as they come out. Resigning yourself to one arrow, you take it out of your quiver and nock your bow.

Migelo:d21(+1(training))
Egil:d21(+1(training))

Migelo's Roll:17
Egil's Roll:15

You see Egil reload his crossbow as he turns towards you, but you let your arrow fly before he finishes loading his. Seeing the arrow coming, he prepares to jump out of the way.

Damage Roll: Shortbow(1d6,x3)= 3

Egil jumps out of the way, but the arrow still digs into his arm. Cursing, he rips it out and ready's his crossbow.

Inventory:

Action: Minor - Get out of there and run to a nearby house. Use my weapons and kick up the door. If there's any civilian, tell them "I am a warrior, I need an empty room so I can get some rest, I am heavily injured! and throw 5 gold coins to them. If there's no civilian, but evil enemies, escape and try with another house.
Major - When I have a good place to rest in, remember how I learned my Air Manipulation and by using that knowledge, learn Vitakinesis (Healing)

Roll (2)

Being badly hurt, you decide to run into a nearby house. Kicking in the door, you see a civilian and tell them " I am a warrior, I need an empty room so I can get some rest, I am heavily injured!" You reach to throw 5 coins towards them, but realize you instead grabbed 10 coins, being in a hurry, you throw them anyway and head into an empty room. You focus on how you learned Air manipulation and try to use that knowledge to learn how to heal. You feel the blood within your veins flowing and it slowly lulls you to sleep. Your sleep is ravaged by memories of war, seeing your friends die by your side. The witch woman blasting the land with fire and lightning. Terrible thoughts arise from these memories, how can you possibly win? You are nothing but a ragtag band of soldiers from a fallen empire, it is hopeless. You awaken, chilled to the bone by these thoughts and feeling like you didn't sleep at all.

Inventory:

Raspin Hongu(Saima)

Action: Minor: "I'm calling Atli's mace!"

Major: Repeat my previous action with Hrolf

Roll (Cool

You see Atli fall to Voltir's quick strikes and quickly shout " I'm calling Atli's mace!" and get a quick response from Voltir "Hey, I killed him! I should get the mace." You decide to work it out later and focus on the fight at hand. You turn to one of the axe wielding bandits and begin to fight.

Raspin Hongu:d21(+1(training))
Hrolf:d21(+1(training))

Raspin's Roll:13
Hrolf's Roll:13

You and the bandit both swing toward the same area and your weapons collide. You both draw back for another swing.

Raspin's roll:3
Hrolf's" roll:9

The bandit manages to strike faster than you

Damage roll: Iron hand axe(1d6,x2)=5

You try to position your weapons to block his strike, but he manages to cut deep into your arm. Crying out, you force yourself to remain standing.

Modifiers: -1 to combat(in pain until healed)

Health: 9/15

Inventory:

Voltir(its_crunchtime)

Action: Major: Finish off Thidrik
Minor: Grab Atli's shield, sheathing my dagger, and putting the shield on the same arm.

Roll (7)

You sheath your dagger and grab the Bandit leaders shield, feeling the difference in its quality than your previous shield. You decide to finish off the bandit that is missing an arm and charge into battle.
Voltir:d21(+1(training))
Thidrik:d15(+1(training)-2(missing arm)-2(your shield)-2(thick air))

Voltir's roll: 14
Thidrik:5

Though still fighting, you can see that the bandits lost arm has impaired his ability, so you decide to take the rest of it away, swinging for his other arm.

Damage Roll: Iron Short sword(1d6,x2)=1

The bandit sees what you're doing and manages to move his arm, only suffering a glancing blow instead of the utter removal of his arm that you had planned. After the fighting, you feel that your skill in melee weapons has increased.

Skills: Melee weapon training (Lv2)
Total Bonuses: +2 to melee attack rolls,

Inventory:

Ash Jiervan
Action: Minor : Make the air be repulsed before me, so as to reduce (but not eliminate) air resistance for when I....
Major : ....Charge Egil. Try not to damage the crossbow.

Roll(6)

You shift the air from the bandit that is missing an arm onto the crossbowman, then repulse enough to let you fight, but still impair the bandit slightly. After this, you charge the crossbowman with your battleaxe.

Ash Jiervan:d22(+2(training))
Egil:d19(+1(training)-1(hurt arm)-1(thick air))

Ash's Roll:5
Egil's Roll:7

Even with the thick air around the crossbowman, you are surprised at the speed at which he manages to dodge your swing, and respond with a bolt from his crossbow.

Damage roll: Light crossbow(1d8,x2)=6

His crossbow strikes you in the chest and you fall back in pain.

Total bonuses: +2 (Melee training) +2 to rolls involving air manipulation(basic air manipulation)
In pain(-1 until healed)
Health:4/15

Inventory:

Game Events:

Gerard: Attacking Thidrik

Thidrik:d19(+1(training)-2(Missing arm)

Gerard's roll:20
Thidrik's roll:13

Damage roll:Iron Longsword(1d8,x2),Iron Shortsword(1d6,x2)=5,4=9

Gerard easily evades Thidrik's strike and drives both his blades into his heart, killing him.

Cyrus: Attacks Egil

Cyrus:d21(+1(training))
Egil:d19(+1(training)-1(hurt arm)-1(thick air)

Cyrus's roll:12
Egil's roll:12

Cyrus's strike is evaded while Egil is reloading, giving him time to finish.

Cyrus's roll:5
Egil's roll:16

Damage Roll: Light Crossbow(1d8,x2)=6

Given the time to reload, Egil kicks Cyrus back and unloads a bolt in his chest.

Alistair:d19(+1(training)-2(in pain)
Egil:d19(+1(training)-1(hurt arm)-1(thick air)

Alistair's Roll:9
Egil's Roll:4

Damage Roll: Iron Shortsword(1d6,x2)=1

Alistair attacks Egil while he is reloading his crossbow and manages to hit him in the shoulder.

Richard: Attacks Hrolf

Richard:d20(+1(training)-1(In pain)

Richard's Roll:18
Hrolf's Roll:21

Damage Roll: Iron hand axe(1d6,x2) = 3

Richard swings his sword at Hrolf, who jumps out of the way and strikes him in the leg with a strike of his own.

Lance: Attacks Hrolf

Lance:d21(+1(training)

Lance's Roll:1
Hrolf's Roll:3

Damage roll: Iron hand axe(1d6,x2)=2

Lance charges Hrolf with his spear while distracted with Richard, but he manages to avoid the attack and swing at Lances leg.

Allies:
Gerard(Soldier Leader):

Cyrus (Soldier 1):

Alistair(Soldier 2):

Richard(Soldier 3):

Lance(Soldier 4):

Enemies:
Atli (Bandit Leader):

Thidrik(Bandit 1):

Egil (Bandit 2):

Hrolf (Bandit 3):

Gelir (Bandit 4):
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:15 pm

Roll #12

Migelo (Mastery910)

Action: Go ninja speed mode to reachEgil fast and take him on close range with my sword.

Roll (1)

Deciding to engage the crossbowman at close range, you draw your sword and charge him. Unfortunately you didn't see the small rock in front of you so that when you charged, you ended up tripping and falling to the ground. The crossbowman sees this and fires a bolt at you.

Migelo:d18(-2(on ground))
Egil:d19(-1(hurt arm)+1(training)-1(thick air))

Migelo's Roll:17
Egil's Roll:14

You manage to roll out of the way of his crossbow bolt and then get up off the ground, ready to attack next time.

Inventory:

Action: Learn Vitakinesis

Roll (8 )

You try to focus on healing yourself, as you had done before you fell asleep. You once more feel the blood flowing within you, but now you remain awake. Focusing on every part of your body, you begin to feel one with it like you never had before. You believe that you can use this knowledge to regenerate your wounds quickly and without penalties. Fearing to try it out too soon after learning this ability, you decide to wait for a time to fully understand what you have just learned.

Skills:Vitakinesis(Level 1, +1 to rolls involving vitakinesis) Apprentice air manipulation (lv 3,+2 to magic rolls involving air manipulation),melee weapon training (lv 1)

Inventory:

Raspin Hongu(Saima)

Action: Attack Hrolf

Roll (4)

You decide to continue your attack on the axe wielding bandit while he is distracted, but out of the corner of his eye he sees you swinging your weapons and turns to face you.

Raspin Hongu:d21(+2(training)-1(in pain))

Raspin's Roll:21
Hrolf's Roll:7

Unfortunately for Hrolf, he turned too slowly to block your strikes and only watches your blades drive toward his heart.

Damage Roll: Iron shortsword(1d6,x2),Iron Dagger(1d4,x2)=5,3=8

Your blades don't quite land their mark, but they do dig deep into his chest, forcing him to his knees. As you pull them out, he drops down in front of you, staring up with hate filled eyes and clutching his chest.

"You cannot stop us." he coughs roughly. "You may live today, but you will not stop the invasion"

Strength level up!(Level 1,+1 to melee rolls)

Total Bonuses: +3 to melee rolls

Inventory:

Voltir(its_crunchtime)

Action: Major: Throw dagger at Hrolf, then charge him, leading with my shield and bringing my blade up under his chin to strike through his brain and slay the crap outta him.

Roll (4)

Seeing Raspin drive the bandit to the ground, you see this as the perfect oppourtunity to throw your dagger at him. You throw it at the bandit, but miss, it instead lands in the dirt off to his side. Frustrated at this, you charge him with your sword and shield.

Voltir:d24(+2(training)+2(Hrolf is on ground))
Hrolf:d13(+1 (training)-2(on ground)-2(in pain)-2(looking the wrong way)-2(your shield))

Voltir's Roll:5
Hrolf's Roll:1

As you reach Hrolf, he turns around and trys to cut your leg with his axe, but his movements are shoddy. You simply step out of the way of his swing and drive your sword down upon him.

Damage roll: Iron Shortsword(1d6,x2)=2

Your blade moves unimpeded and drives through his heart, leaving him dead before you. You give a quick "High five" to Raspin and turn to face the final bandit.

Skills: Melee weapon training (Lv2)

Inventory:

Ash Jiervan

Action: Minor : Move the air to Hrolf.

Major : Withdraw into the most intact of the formerly burning buildings and bandage my wounds.

Roll(5)

Seeing Hrolf dead, you decide to move the air to him rather than remain on the crossbowman as a final affront to his pathetic life.(Hint:Conditions can be quite useful, I.e: If he is dead, keep it on the crossbowman.) Noticing that only one bandit remains, you withdraw to one of the nearby building to bandage your wounds. Cutting up what's left of your ragged tabard, you wrap it around your wounds. It won't heal them, but it will stop the blood flowing.

In pain(-1 until healed)
Health:6/15

Inventory:

Game Events:

Gerard: Attacks Egil

Egil:d20(+1(training)-1(hurt arm)

Gerard's Roll:17
Egil's Roll:20

Damage Roll: Light crossbow (1d8,x2)= 3

Egil deftly evades Gerard's blades and unloads a bolt in his leg, crippling him. Egil laughs as he brings him to the ground, either unaware or uncaring of the fact that all his companions are dead.

Cyrus: Attacks Egil:

Cyrus:d19(+1(training)-2(in pain))
Egil:d20(+1(training)-1(Hurt arm))

Cyrus's Roll:15
Egil's Roll:10

Damage Roll: Iron shortsword(1d6,x2)= 5

Cyrus stabs Egil's chest as he is busy reloading, causing him to fall back in pain. He lets loose an angry roar as he gets up to fight the next attacker.

Alistair:d19(+1(training)-2(in pain)
Egil:d18(+1(training)-1(hurt arm)-2(in pain))

Alistair's Roll:10
Egil's Roll:9

Damage Roll: Iron shortsword(1d6,x2)=1

Alistair avoids Egil's bolt and drives his sword into his bleeding heart, Killing him.

Richard: Congratulates Alistair

Lance: Does a victory dance

Battle won!

"Thank you for helping us, those bandits were tougher than we thought." says Gerard. "My soldiers are going to rest up in the Inn. If you want, I'm sure you can buy some things from the stores, though I warn you that items may be missing from the bandits raids."
And with that, the soldiers leave you all the loot to pass out amongst yourselves. The Items available from the blacksmith and crafting store are as follows.

Spoiler:

Leaving in two turn, have your business done by then!
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:35 pm

Roll #13

Migelo (Mastery910)

Action: Minor: ask people where to find a possible wizard here.
Major: Ask politely if I can be his apprentice when I find one.

Roll (8 )
Seeing the battle done, you decide that you need a master for the magic arts. Asking around, one man points you to an untouched house in the middle of the town. Entering, you see that a clean outside does not denote a clean inside, as the place is a mess. Papers are scattered across the floor, even sliding in from other rooms. Picking one up, you see them scrawled with notes that only the writer would understand. Walking out of the entry hall, you hit the door you came in from. Spinning back around, you walk through again and find yourself slamming into the door once more. Angry now, you stare at the space that keeps sending you back and try to think of a way around it, as you clearly can't go through. Examining the floor, you see a few sheets of paper sticking out from under the wall, finding that strange, you walk into the space and find yourself standing in another room.
An old man in grey robes gets up from his desk and turns toward you "Why have you come here?"
Shocked by his straightforward manner, you respond as best you could " I seek a master to teach me the ways of magic."
"And what makes you think you are worthy?
You bow your head to him in shame "Well, I have tried to learn on my own, but something always happens to ruin it. I want to learn, believe me I do, but as hard as I try, I cannot. I need someone to teach me."
The old wizard quizzically raises his eyebrow" Interesting, you doubt your abilities?"
"Yes, i dont know what stops me, maybe im not strong enough."
"You have great potential young one and with proper guidance you will go far, I would be honored to teach you." says the old man as he reaches into his pocket and draws out a strange clear stone with images flashing inside of it." I see that you have places to be, but i am afraid that this body might not survive the rigors of travel. Instead you will have this stone, it will allow us to communicate through it and allow me to teach you as you go on this journey."

Inventory:

Action: Major - Train Fire Magic (both creating and manipulating)
Roll (6)
Deciding that you should learn how to control fire, you find the idea flawed. Air is everywhere, yet fire is not. If you could create and control fire, then this problem would be solved. Focusing on your inner heat, you try to draw it out through your fingers, and to your surprise it works on your first try. Fire shot out of your fingertips, but then disappeared. You try to hold it there longer, and it works, you created fire and then manipulated its length.
Learned Create fire (lv1)

Skills: Vitakinesis(Level 1, +1 to rolls involving Vitakinesis) Apprentice air manipulation (lv 3,+2 to magic rolls involving air manipulation),melee weapon training (lv 1),Create Fire(Lv1)

Inventory:

Raspin Hongu(Saima)
Action: Minor: Pick up the longsword, mace, and short sword.

Major: Learn Control Animal (would put the target animal under my control)

Roll (4)
Seeing most of the other leave, you decide to get most of the loot. Turning to grab the longsword and shortsword, you remember that none of the soldiers died, and that the only weapons were a mace, crossbow and some axe's. You decide on grabbing the mace (there was no Longsword and Shortsword available to pick up, if you want one then you can buy it at the store.) Seeing a cat run by, you think on what it would be like to control it, at first you laugh it off, controlling other beings. Then you realize that it would be possible, you focus on trying to learn, reaching out to the cat. Every time you seem close, however, the pain distracts you and knocks your mind out of focus. Resigning yourself to the fact that you won't learn it today you get up off the ground and realize people were staring at you.

Skills: Melee weapon training (level two), Minor Persuasion(Level 1),Strength(level 1)

Inventory:

Voltir(its_crunchtime)

Action: Minor: Retrieve my dagger
Major: Read my summon blade scroll
Roll (8 )
Seeing the crossbowman finally fall, you go retrieve the dagger you threw. As your hand touches its hilt, you recall your scroll you found in the forest. Reaching in your backpack, you grab your scroll and go sit down somewhere without people. You read over the scroll and the words begin to change, shifting into strange symbols as thery lift off the page and roate around your mind. Watching them and focusing, the symbols suddenly spin out and rest in front of your, giving you one last glance. This last glance was all you needed to realize how the spell was used and with that realization the symbols flew into your mind. Looking down, you see the scroll empty, just a simple piece of paper. You have an odd feeling that you can use your spell right away so deciding to test out your spell, you try and create a small knife in your hand. As you stop focusing, the blade disappears, so you try and create another, bigger blade. All that comes is the same small dagger.
Learned Summon Blade
Skills: Melee weapon training (Lv2),Summon Blade(Lv1)

Inventory:

Ash Jiervan
Action: Major : Practice air manipulation.
Minor : Try to find someone who can heal me and is willing to do so for free.
Roll(1+2=3)
You decide to check around town to see if anyone will heal you, preferably for free. Walking out of the house, you see life beginning to come back into the town, asking around, you are lead to the inn. When you go in, you see the soldiers all lined up outside the room that the healer is said to be in. Deciding to try your luck next time, you go to a nice, open part of town to practice your air manipulation. With no one else around, you feel confident in your abilities so you try to control a large amount of air. You start by swirling it around you, then you try to condense it in a ball. The ball of air is too much to control, you aren't strong enough yet, and it explodes in front of you, blasting you back and creating quite a large hole. As you stand up , you realize that you landed on your wound, reopening it beneath your bandages.

In pain(-1 until healed)
Health:4/15

Inventory:

Enemies:
Atli (Bandit Leader):

Thidrik(Bandit 1):

Egil (Bandit 2):

Hrolf (Bandit 3):

Gelir (Bandit 4):
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:36 pm

Roll #14

Migelo (Mastery910)

Action: Look for scroll(s) in the wizards room.
Ask my Master if I can take the scroll(s) with me!

Roll (7)

Looking around for scrolls, you see one that reminds you of the spell to manipulate space-time that you tried to learn back at camp. "Master, can I have this scroll?"

The master's eyebrows lower as he stares at the scroll. "That is a very powerful spell for a very powerful mage. I will let you keep it, but you must promise not to use it until I deem you ready."

"Yes master, I promise. But why must I wait?"
"There is much power in that scroll, and even more in the spell itself. If you cannot control the power, it will destroy you." says the master with a grim stare." Now, I believe your friends are waiting for you."

"How did you..."

"GO!" the master interrupts, sending you quickly on your way.

Inventory:

Action: heal myself

Roll (3+1=4)

Deciding that you should be able to heal yourself now, you focus deeply on closing your wound. For a time, you seem to be getting somewhere, but then you lose your focus when you remember that you had to meet with your group. Quickly getting up and hurrying out of the house, you run to the meeting place and thankfully only see Migelo and Raspin waiting there.

Skills: Vitakinesis(Level 1, +1 to rolls involving Vitakinesis) Apprentice air manipulation (lv 3,+2 to magic rolls involving air manipulation),melee weapon training (lv 1),Create Fire(Lv1)

Inventory:

Raspin Hongu(Saima)
Action: Focus inwards on the art of magical pastry conjuring... While it may seem insignificant now, the magics may help me learn other more specific summoning spells in the future.

Roll (8 )

Seeing all your friends still finishing up their business, you find that you are quite hungry, but rather than go to the store, you have a flaky idea. Creating your own food. Deciding that you haven't tasted one of your grandmothers croissants for a good long time, you choose to create one of them. Thinking deeply on its shape and flavor, you create the perfect image of the croissant in your head. Finally settling on your image, you decide to try and call it forth into existence. Casting forth your hand while keeping the image firmly in your head, you have a strange urge to send the image through your body to the tip of your hand. You picture it flowing through you and when you open your eyes, there is a delicious croissant in front of you. Quickly gobbling it up, you see your friends beginning to come back.

Learned Basic Pastry Conjuring (Lv 1)
Skills: Melee weapon training (level two), Minor Persuasion(Level 1),Strength(level 1), Basic Pastry Conjuring(Lv 1)

Inventory:

Voltir(its_crunchtime)

Action: Minor: Grab both the daggers and both the hand axes.Then buy a Longsword, and sell my buckler.(Throwing weapons FTW!)
Major:Practice summoning blades, and then throwing them, making sure to concentrate on each blade until it hits my target(A sign no one is near)

Roll (4)

Seeing that no-one took the other weapons, you decide to loot the battlefield, grabbing the daggers and the hand axes, but leaving the crossbow. You then decide to head to the blacksmith and see what's for sale.
Walking in the door, you are greeted by the friendly voice of the shopkeeper. "Hello, welcome to my forge. The bandits have stolen most of my wares, but I still have a few things for sale here."

You thank the shopkeeper and browse his available weapons. Seeing a nice longsword on display on the back wall, you ask about its price.

"Ah, you have a good eye sir. For you, this fine piece will be the low price of thirty coins."

Thinking to yourself that that is almost all of your coin, you decide to go ahead and buy it anyway, then offer to sell your buckler.

"Thank you for your business sir." says the shopkeeper as he takes the sword and hands it to you in exchange for your coin. " Now you say you want to sell your shield, may I see it?" he asks as you take your shield and lay it on the counter."Ah, slight damage and signs of wear, but still fairly good quality. I'll give you seven coins for it."

You accept the money and leave the store. Deciding to practice your summon blade skill, you find a signpost and begin to throw knives at it when you're sure that no one is near. Unfortunately, you are in front of the mayors house and he is not happy with what you're doing. As you see him come out the door, you bolt off to meet with your friends.

Skills: Melee weapon training (Lv2),Summon Blade(Lv1)

Inventory:

Ash Jiervan

Action: Minor : See if the healer's available yet. If so, ask for healing. If not, re-bandage my wound.
Major : Keep practicing air manipulation, with FoolishBalloon's help if such is offered.

Roll(8+2=8 )

Deciding that you have waited long enough, you head back to the inn with the hope of seeing the healer. As you enter, you see the line of soldiers gone so you walk up to the door and knock.

"Come in." calls a raspy old voice from the other side.

Entering the room, you see an old woman hunched over Alistair chanting some strange words. You see his wounds slowly close over and when he is done, the woman turns to you.

"Ah, another one of the heroes who saved our little town. Come in, sit down and i will heal you free of charge."

Seeing that it worked on Alistair, you walk over to an empty pallet and lay down on it. The lady shuffles over to you and inspects your wounds.

"It seems that you had quite a few injuries in this battle, serious injuries, but nothing that I cannot fix." says the woman with a toothless smile.

As you close your eyes, you feel your wounds closing over and the pain you were feeling lessens until finally it is gone. Opening your eyes, you look outside and see that at least a good hour has passed, jumping out of bed, you thank the healer and rush out the door to meet your friends in the town square.

When you reach the square, you see that your friends have not returned yet. Noticing Raspin deep in focus, you decide to practice your air manipulation somewhere and come back after.

Walking out to a field outside town and force the air to bend to your will, somehow knowing the exact limit of your abilities. You shape it into all manner of forms before finally feeling that you have trained enough. Then you head back to the town square and see everyone waiting for you there.

Advanced to level 3 Air manipulation
Advanced to Level 2

Total bonuses: +2 (Melee training) +2 to rolls involving air manipulation(Apprentice air manipulation),Level 2(+1 to combat rolls)
In pain(-1 until healed)
Health:15/15

Inventory:

Game event: Scene Change

When Ash finally comes back down to town, FoolishBalloon quickly stands up. "Let's go guys, we have to get a move on if we are going to reach the capital in time."

Voltir gets up as well "I agree with FoolishBalloon, but we don't have any maps of this country. There is no way to get there right now."

"Oh no, what are we going to do?" asks FoolishBalloon.

As if in answer to his question, Gerard comes toward you with his soldiers. " We are all set to head back to the capital, since you helped us free this town, you are welcome to come along."

"Great,Perfect timing, Let's go!" says FoolishBalloon.

Walking for a time, Gerard suddenly stops. "We make camp here." he says, pointing to the area just to the side of the road.

"But surely we can continue on, the sun is still high above our heads." asks Ash.

"Too risky, I don't want to chance being stuck in those woods after dark." replies Gerard

You are all on a plain, nothing remarkable save a few stones and the massive forest that's a mile or two away. Judging by the sun, you have one turn before you sleep, then you will head into the woods.
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:37 pm

Roll #15

Migelo (Mastery910)

Action: Minor: "Dear Master, I'm ready to learn my first magic." (Using comm. stone)
Major: I would like to learn shadow magic, Master! Teach me the ways! [Learn shadow magic]

Roll (8 )

Sitting in a quiet area off from the rest of the group, you focus on words while holding on to your stone. "Dear Master, I'm ready to learn my first magic." after a few seconds, you get a response from the master.

"Yes, you are. We will begin by preparing..." says the master before your communication is interrupted by Ash.

Leaning into the stone, he asks the master for permission. "I would like to join your magic lesson if I could."

He gets no response from the wizard, only you. ""NO! He's MY master! Find your own!"

Ash storms off to go practice with his axe and you focus back in.

"As I was saying, we will begin by preparing you for your journey into to forest. Many terrible creatures dwell there, one type I will prepare you for are those made of shadow. These Darkling's are strong creatures, but the proper magic can manipulate them to do your will, know that this takes intense focus to control them. I will teach you shadow magic, both sides of it though. The aspects of creation and manipulation can be joined as one, but many who study magic separate them, giving them a vital weakness. If you were to only manipulate shadow magic and there was no light in an area, you would have no shadows to manipulate. On the other hand, if you simply create shadow, you cannot change it after it enters this world. The time is right to learn now, for the light of the day is fading, while there are still shadows you will manipulate them. Focus on your own, leave nothing but your shadow in your mind, all else is gone, your feelings, your pains, your thoughts and my voice."

Doing as the master says, you tune out even his voice, for a moment you feel that this is a mistake, for how will you learn? Then you have a strange feeling, you can control your shadow and the secrets to its control are within your mind. Focusing on shifting the shadow, you move it to the side. The masters voice breaks through your barrier.

"Good, now you must solidify the shadow and force the fist out in an attack. Focus on bringing the shadow fully into our world."

You focus deeply, trying to pull the shadow in as he says, when suddenly you feel slightly dizzy. Pushing through this feeling, you force your shadows fist out.

"Perfect. You now know how to control shadows. You may have felt a dizzying sensation when you brought your shadow , this is because your shadow is connected to you, as is everyone's. Removing it will throw them off for a short time, remember this when facing your adversaries. You must always know the weaknesses that your own magic holds and be aware of how to overcome them. You will now create a shadow out nothing, then wrap it around your arm. Focus on bringing a shadow into this world by envisioning it in your mind."

You do as your master says, focusing on the shadow in your mind and bringing it forth into your world. When you see it materialize as a shapeless blob of shadow, you force your will upon it and wrap it around your arm, covering it in shadow.

"Now Sharpen the shadow at the tip of your hand, think of it like a blade."

Forcing the tip of your shadow covered arm to sharpen into a blade, you see how useful this magic will truly be.

"You are finished for today, we will not speak again until after you are through the forest, do not forget what I have taught you, use this magic well."

"Thank you, master." you say as you bow your head and stop focusing on the stone.

Learned Basic Shadow Magic(Lv1)

Inventory:

Action: Train healing by healing myself

Roll (6)

You decide that now is the time to heal yourself, it has to work this time or else you may end up staying those woods, dead. Focusing extremely hard on closing your wounds, you manage to heal them almost fully. Now you are ready to fight whatever beasts dwell within these woods. You open your eyes and see Raspin handing you a pastry. Accepting it, you hungrily devour the pastry and then go to sleep to be ready for tomorrow.

Vitakinesis level up! (Lv2)

Skills: Vitakinesis,+1 to rolls involving vitakinesis(Level 2,) Apprentice air manipulation (lv 3,+2 to magic rolls involving air manipulation),melee weapon training (lv 1),Create Fire(Lv1),Level 2,1 to all combat rolls
Total bonuses: melee attacks +1,combat rolls +1,air manipulation +2,Combat rolls +1

Health: 12/15

Inventory:

Raspin Hongu(Saima)
Action: Major: Conjure up various pastries, training my matter creation skills

Minor: "We will feast tonight, and be ready for battle when the morning comes." Pass out said pastries

Roll (8 )

You decide that you should create pastries to not only train yourself, but to be ready to fight when the morning comes. You begin to create pastries when Ash runs up and takes one without asking, you shrug because he would have got one anyway. Focusing deeply, you create many pastries, and when you finally finish you decide to pass them out as everyone comes back from their training, even handing some to the soldiers who are travelling with you. When you are over with the soldiers, you decide to ask why the woods are dangerous after dark.

"Terrible creatures live in those woods and attack travelers, even in the daytime, these are the ones that everyone knows about. The problem with night is, anyone that doesn't come out before the sun sets has not been seen again. This leads us to believe that even more terrible creatures travel in those woods at night. It is a dangerous path, but it is much faster, it will cut almost a week off your travels, and if what you say is true, we must waste no time delivering this message."

Pastry conjuring level up (Lv 2)
Level up!(Level 2)

Skills: Melee weapon training (level two), Minor Persuasion(Level 1),Strength(level 1), Basic Pastry Conjuring(Lv 1),Level 2,+1 to all combat rolls

Inventory:

Voltir(its_crunchtime)

Action: Do the exact same practice action as last turn, throwing at a suitable object nearby.

Roll (7)

Deciding that you should practice weapons again, you go out into the field and try to find a suitable target. Searching for a time, you are annoyed to find only a few rocks around the area and instead settle for throwing them at the dirt. You successfully manage to throw quite a few daggers before deciding to get some rest. You leave feeling that you had quite a successful training session.

Summon Blade Level up (Lv2)
Ranged training learned(Lv1)

Skills: Melee weapon training,+2 to melee actions (Lv2),Summon Blade,+1 to actions involving summon blade(Lv2),ranged weapon training,+1 to ranged rolls.

Inventory:

Ash Jiervan

Action: Minor : Eat a pastry. Ask the wizard for permission to join Migelo in his magic lesson. Be yelled at by Migelo for it.
If I get permission....
Major : Join Migelo in his magic lesson.
Else....

Major : Practice my melee weapons training.

Roll(6)

As you finish setting up camp, Raspin begins to practice his pastry conjuring by summoning various treats, you grab the first one that he makes and eat it. Seeing Migelo sit down and start talking to his master through the communication stone, you decide to go ask if you can join his magic lesson. When you ask the question, Migelo loses his temper and yells at you.

"NO! He's MY master! Find your own!"

You decide instead to leave and go practice with your battleaxe, find a nice area with nothing around you is not hard, because most of the plain is clear of objects. Swinging your axe around for a time, you envision a battle, you fight, block and kill every enemy in your path. Feeling like you trained successfully, you decide to get some rest for tomorrow.

Total bonuses: +2 (Melee training) +2 to rolls involving air manipulation(Apprentice air manipulation),Level 2(+1 to combat rolls)

Inventory:

Game event: Just as the sun begins to rise, you are all roused by Gerard and his men.

"Wake up, we must get moving now if we want to make it through." says Gerard.

You all quickly pack up camp and head out.

When you enter the forest, you can see shapes moving through the bushes to the side of the path and everyone stands slightly closer together.

"Be ready for an attack at any time, the beasts just need to gather in a group and then they will jump us." called Gerard back to all of you.

You manage to make it for about two hours before Gerard suddenly stops.

"They have gathered, this clearing ahead has been surrounded, everyone group together in a circle formation, then we will keep the formation and advance into the trap."

Doing as he says, you all group together and advance. As you reach the center of the clearing, beasts charge out from all around you.

Allies:
Gerard(Soldier Leader):

Cyrus (Soldier 1):

Alistair(Soldier 2):

Richard(Soldier 3):

Lance(Soldier 4):

Enemies:
Minotaur(Beast Leader:

Darkling #1:

Darkling #2:

Satyr #1:

Satyr #2 :
Satyr #3:

Wow, you guys were lucky this roll. This battle should be fun! king
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:39 pm

Roll #16

Ash Jiervan

Action: Major : Thicken the air around the enemies so as to give them penalties to attack rolls and rolls to dodge.

Roll(7)

Being surrounded by enemies as you are, you decide to try thickening the air like you did for the bandits. Focusing deeply on the air around you, you bend the air above to your will and force it down upon the enemies, causing most of them to move slower.

Inventory:

Migelo (Mastery910)

Action: Shoot arrow then manipulate the shadow of said arrow to pierce the shadow arrow in the heart of Satyr #3

Roll (6)

Deciding to use your knowledge of shadow magic, you decide to fire an arrow, then use its shadow to pierce the bow satyr's heart. Firing an arrow off, you focus on its shadow and guide it towards the bow satyr.

Migelo:d21(+1(ranged training))
Satyr 3:d22(+2(ranged training))

Migelo's roll: 17
Satyr 3's Roll:3

Keeping intense focus, you move the shadow arrow as the satyr trys to jump out of the way, keeping it on target.

Damage roll: Shadow arrow(1d6,x3)= 4

In the darkness of the forest, your arrow doesn't strike true. It still hit the satyr in the chest, but you missed the killing blow of his heart.

Shadow magic level up(Lv2)
Skills: Melee weapon training (Lv1),Ranged weapon training (Lv1),Basic shadow magic(Lv1)

Inventory:

Action: Minor - Sitt dowb a small bit away from the enemies
Major - Create a large flame of fire and then create a powerful windcurrent and shoot the fire at the enemies. That should train both my fire and air magics, and I should have some bonuses because I am lvl 3 in Air and lvl 1 in fire.

Roll (6)

Seeing enemies surrounding you, you manage to slip into the center and focus on combining your two magic's into a powerful weapon. Creating as large of a flame as you can muster, you then create a wind current to drive the fire toward the enemies . You manage to split the flame into two smaller flames and send them towards the two melee satyrs.

FoolishBalloon:d22(+2(apprentice air manipulation))
Satyr 1:d19(+1(training)-2(thick air)-1(leather helmet))

FoolishBalloon's roll: 2
Satyr 1's roll: 15

The satyr manages to avoid your attack by jumping out of the way. Then surprisingly bounds toward you while you switched your focus to the other Satyr. By the time you noticing his coming, it was too late.

Damage roll: Damaged spear(1d7,x2)=6

The satyr's spear digs into your side, you manage to quickly get away, but by that time the damage was already done, your side is now bleeding quite badly

FoolishBalloon:d22(+2(apprentice air manipulation))
Satyr 2:d19(+1(training)-2(thick air))

FoolishBalloon's roll:9
Satyr 2's roll:3

Your fireball is a direct hit at the satyr, who clearly didn't see the ball of fire coming towards it.
Damage roll: Fireball(1d6)=6

You knock the satyr to the ground and its fur begins to go up in flames.

Fire magic level up(lv2)
Intelligence level up(Lv2)

Skills: Vitakinesis,+1 to rolls involving vitakinesis(Level 2,) Apprentice air manipulation (lv 3,+2 to magic rolls involving air manipulation),melee weapon training (lv 1),Create Fire(Lv1),Level 2,1 to all combat rolls
In pain(-1)
Total bonuses: melee attacks +1,combat rolls +1,air manipulation +2,Combat rolls +1,Magic rolls +1,fire magic +1
Health: 6/15

Inventory:

Raspin Hongu(Saima)

Action: Major: Take control of the minotaur's mind, telling him to kill himself.

Minor: Do a little dance, and shout "Paaaastriies!"

Roll (7)

As the beasts charged out of the forest, you ended up face to face with the minotaur. Staring into his fearsome eyes, you do the only thing you can think of, a dance. You start doing your favorite dance from your childhood while shouting "Paaaastriies!".As you dance, you realize that the minotaur is just staring at you open mouthed, your dance has clearly distracted it. Suddenly it stumbles forward loosely holding is weapon, fear grips you and you start dancing harder, causing it to trip over a rock and fall onto its own axe.

Damage Roll: Battered Great axe (1d10,x2)=6

It falls roughly on its own axe, the pain breaking its trance. The beast roughly gets up and pulls its axe out of its chest, clearly very angry.

Skill learned: Mind controlling pastry dance(lv 1)

Skills: Melee weapon training (level two), Minor Persuasion(Level 1),Strength(level 1), Basic Pastry Conjuring(Lv 1),Level 2,+1 to all combat rolls

Inventory:

Voltir(its_crunchtime)

Action: Summon daggers and throw them at Satyr 2.

Roll (4)

Calling upon your blade summoning arts, you try to summon two nicely sized daggers to toss at the burning Satyr. Unfortunately, the heat of battle has taken your focus away, so you instead throw two of your regular daggers at the beast.

Voltir:d22(+1(ranged training)+1(Summon blade))
Satyr 2:d13(+1(training)-2(Thick air)-2(on fire)-2(in pain)-2(your shield))

Voltir's Roll:9
Satyr 2's roll:12

Even on fire, the satyr dodges both your daggers and manages to charge you with its hand axes.

Damage roll: Damaged hand axe(1d5,x2), Damaged hand axe(1d5,x2)=1,5=6

You try to avoid the weapons, but your dodging skills clearly needs practice. One axe only skims across your arm, but the other digs into your chest. Crying out in pain, you kick the flaming centaur back.

In pain(-1)
Skills: Melee weapon training,+2 to melee actions (Lv2),Summon Blade,+1 to actions involving summon blade(Lv2),ranged weapon training,+1 to ranged rolls.

Inventory:

Game event:

Gerard: Attacks minotaur

Gerard:d22(+1(strength)+1(training))
Minotaur:d21(+2(strength)+1(training)-2(thick air))

Gerard's roll:11
Minotaur's roll:21

Damage roll: Battered Great axe(1d10,x2)=9

The minotaur swings its axe and hits Gerard directly in the chest, cutting deep and flinging him back against a tree, almost dead.

Cyrus: attacks Darkling 1

Cyrus:d21(+1(Melee training))
Darkling 1:d18(-2(thick air))

Cyrus's roll:10
Darkling:12

Damage roll: Lightning blast(2d6)=3,2=5

As Cyrus charges the darkling, it blasts him back with lightning.

Alistair: Attacks Darkling 2

Alistair:d21(+1(training))
Darkling 2:d20(+2(training)-2(Thick air))

Alistair's roll: 6
Darkling 2:17

Damage roll: Sharpened short sword(1d7,x2),Short sword(1d6,x2)=7(crit,x2)=14,6=20

The darkling slips past Alistair as he charges and stabs him in the back with his blades, killing him on the spot.

Richard: Attacks Satyr 1

Richard:d21(+1(training))
Satyr 1:d19(+1(training)-2(thick air))

Richard's roll:20
Satyr 1's roll: 1

Damage roll: Iron short sword(1d6,x2)=1

Richard avoids the Satyr's spear thrust and swings his blade at the satyrs side, unfortunately the blow was weak and barely injured the beast.

Lance:attacks Satyr 2
Lance:d21(+1(training))
Satyr 2:d15(+1(training)-2(Thick air)-2(on fire)-2(in pain))

Lance's roll:3
Satyr 2's roll:3

Both man and beast swing their weapons and collide in the same spot, quickly pulling apart, they both try to be the first to swing this time.

Lance's Roll:4
Satyr 2's roll:6

By simply a second, the satyr manages to swing his axes first and swings them in for a killing blow.

Damage roll: Damaged hand axe(1d5,x2), Damaged hand axe(1d5,x2)=2,3=5

The axes don't give a killing blow, but they certainly gave a painful one.

Satyr 3: Fires arrow at Gerard

Satyr 3:d21(+2(training)-1(in pain)
Gerard:d16(+1(strength)+1(training)-4(Terrible pain)-2(on ground))

Satyr 3's roll:6
Gerard's roll:12

Even though he is at the brink of death, Gerard throws himself to the side to avoid the arrow that surely would have killed him there. Too weak to fight back, he collapses to the ground.

Allies:
Gerard(Soldier Leader):

Cyrus (Soldier 1):

Alistair(Soldier 2):

Richard(Soldier 3):

Lance(Soldier 4):

Enemies:
Minotaur(Beast Leader:

Darkling 1:

Darkling 2:

Satyr 1:

Satyr 2 :
Satyr 3:
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:40 pm

Roll #17

Migelo (Mastery910)

Action: Just totally frikkin Obliterate the darkling #1 since it's made out of pure shadow! [Train shadow magic]

Roll (1+1=2)

Focusing deeply, you try to recall the lessons your master taught you about controlling shadow. You close your eyes and try to pull one of the darkling's apart. When you begin to feel the shadow moving, you at first think you are successful, but then you realize it is coming towards you. You push it back, but then it jumps right in front of you and stares right into your eyes. Frozen in place with fear, you cannot move to defend yourself as it blasts you with lightning.

Damage roll: Lightning blast(2d6)=3,4=7

As the blast of electricity hits your body you are flung onto the ground. Forcing yourself off the ground, you see that the darkling has moved on to another target.

In Pain (-1 until healed)
Skills: Melee weapon training (Lv1),Ranged weapon training (Lv1),Basic shadow magic(Lv1)

Health: 7/15

Inventory:

Action: Minor - Drag Gerrard out from the battlezone and tell some soldiers to protect him
Major - Get over o Gerrard at his new safe location and train my Vitakinesis by healing myself, then if I have time him Cover me guys please, I will heal you after this battle then :-)

Roll (4+1)

Seeing Gerard unconscious on the ground, you rush over to him and drag him away, calling for the soldiers to protect him. The soldiers are too absorbed in their own fights to come protect him, so you stand by him instead. You try to focus so that you can heal yourself and hopefully him. You begin to close shut most of your wounds until you feel too tired to continue.

Skills: Vitakinesis,+1 to rolls involving vitakinesis(Level 2,) Apprentice air manipulation (lv 3,+2 to magic rolls involving air manipulation),melee weapon training (lv 1),Create Fire(Lv1),Level 2,1 to all combat rolls. Intelligence +1 to magic combat rolls(Lv1)
In pain(-1)
Total bonuses: melee attacks +1,combat rolls +1,air manipulation +2,Combat rolls +1,Magic combat rolls +1,fire magic +1

Inventory:

Raspin Hongu(Saima)

Action: Conjure up a pastry, and attempt to imbue it with healing powers [vitakenisis].

Give said pastry to Gerard, and tell him to eat it.

Roll (3)

Seeing Gerard injured and Foolishballoon furiously trying to heal himself, you decide to try and help. Conjuring up a pastry, you have an idea to imbue it with healing powers. Unfortunately, you have no time to think on how to do it, so you just hand him the pastry and tell him to eat it. As he puts it in his mouth, he begins to choke."Oh no!" you say as you hit him on the back to try and stop him choking.

Inventory:

Voltir(its_crunchtime)

Action: Kill the Darkling with the two swords by unleashing both my hand axes on it in a beast throw.

Roll (2+1=3)

Seeing the Darkling wielding the blades brutally slay Alistair, you decide it best to keep your distance so you pull out your hand axes. Throwing both the axes, you see one of them veer off course and fly deep into the forest.

Voltir:d20(+1(training)-1(Pain))
Darkling 2:d20(+2(training)-2(thick air))

Voltir's roll:12
Darkling 2's roll:15

The darkling turns and sees your axe, quickly dissipating into nothing and reappearing in front of you, it drives both its blades into your chest.

Damage roll: Sharpened Short sword(1d7,x2),Short sword(1d6,x2)=2,5=7

The blades find your mark as you fall to the ground, just barely clinging on to life. You look up at the darkling and its sees you on the brink of death. Clearly it decided that it didn't need to finish you with a killing blow, for it disappeared to attack someone else.

In Brutal pain(-3)

Health: 2/15

Inventory:

Ash Jiervan

Action: Major : Attack the minotaur with my axe.

Roll(1+2=3)

Deciding that you better take down the leader soon, you look eyes with it and heft your axe. The beast charges toward you much faster than you thought, but still slow enough for you to block his attack.

Ash Jiervan:d23(+2(Training)+1(Level 2))
Minotaur:d21(+2(strength)+1(Training)+1(Speed bonus)-2(Thick air)-1(Your boots))

Ash's roll:20
Minotaur's roll:1

Damage roll: Iron Battleaxe(1d8,x3)= 8(Critx3)=24

Even with speed on the minotaur's side, you jump out of the way and swing your axe at its chest as it runs past where you were standing. With a mighty blow, the minotaur crumples to the ground. Seeing their leader fallen, the Satyrs begin to look worried about this fight.

Strength level up(Lv1)+1 to melee combat

Total bonuses: +2 (Melee training) +2 to rolls involving air manipulation(Apprentice air manipulation),Level 2(+1 to combat rolls)Strength +1(Lv1)

Inventory:

Game event:

Gerard: Too weak to fight.

Cyrus: Attacks Darkling 1
Cyrus:d22(+1(training)+1(Inspired by Minotaur's death))

Darkling:d18(-2(thick air))

Cyrus's roll:8
Darkling's roll:10

Damage roll: Lightning blast(2d6)=4,1=5

Cyrus charges towards the darkling with a battle cry, inspired by Ash's victory over the minotaur. Just as he reaches the beast, it casts out its lightning and blasts him away, killing him.

Richard: Attacks Darkling 2

Richard:d22(+1(training)+1(inspired)
Darkling:d20(+2(training)-2(thick air))

Richard's roll:17
Darkling's roll:6

Damage roll: Iron short sword(1d6,x2)=5

Richard sees the darkling turn towards him, after witnessing two people fall before its blades, he decides something different must be done. Closing his eyes, he senses the shadow close by and stabs out with his sword. Opening his eyes, he sees the darkling with a sword right where a human heart would be . Hissing, the darkling slides off the blade and withdraws to the shadows.
Richard's melee skill levels up!

Lance: Attacks Satyr 1

Lance:d22(+1(training)+1(inspired))
Satyr:d17(+1(training)-2(thick air)-2(fear))

Lance:1
Satyr:1(Lol wow)

Lance:22
Satyr:14

Damage roll: Short spear(1d6,x2)=1

Lance stabs the satyr with his short spear, but it barely does any damage to the beast.

Satyr 2:Unblocked,attacks Richard

Satyr:d13(+1(Training)-2(thick air)-2(on fire)-2(in pain)-2(fear))
Richard:d23(+2(training)+1(inspired))

Satyr's roll:9
Richard:14

Damage roll: Iron short sword(1d6,x2)=4

The satyr wildly charges at Richard swinging its axes. Richard simply side steps and stabs his sword into the beasts back killing it on the spot. Seeing on of their companions fall has brought the satyrs even closer to breaking.

Satyr 3:Unblocked,attacks Lance

Satyr: d17(+2(training)-1(Pain)-4(fear))
Lance:d22(+1(training)+1(inspired))

Satyr's roll:9
Lance's roll:14

Damage roll: Short spear(1d6,x2)=6(Crit,x2)=12

The Archer chooses to fire an arrow at Lance, but he sees it coming and moves out of the way, throwing his spear at the satyr and hitting it right on the mark, killing the beast on the spot. Seeing both of his companions and the leader dead, the remaining satyr turns and runs into the forest.
Lance's melee skill levels up!

Allies:
Gerard(Soldier Leader):

Cyrus (Soldier 1):

Alistair(Soldier 2):

Richard(Soldier 3):

Lance(Soldier 4):

Enemies:
Minotaur(Beast Leader:

Darkling 1:

Darkling 2:

Satyr 2 :
Satyr 3:
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:44 pm

Roll #18

Migelo (Mastery910)

Action: Try to rip apart darkling 1 with my shadow magic [Train shadow magic]

Roll (7+1=8 )

Recalling the teachings of your master, you remember him telling you that they are made of shadow. Deciding to try and use your knowledge to rip the darkling apart, you grip the darkling with your mind and tear it apart. The beast is split apart and for a moment you think that you have killed it before it reforms. At first you fear that your attack didn't do anything, but then you notice that the darkling seems weaker, the shadow is lighter and smaller than before. This advanced use of shadow magic seems to have improved your skills.

Shadow magic level up(Lv3)
Level up!(Lv 2)

Skills: Melee weapon training (Lv1),Ranged weapon training (Lv1),Apprentice shadow magic(Lv3),Level 2 +1 to combat rolls
Total Bonuses: +1 to melee attack rolls, +1 to ranged attack rolls,+2 to shadow magic

Inventory:

Action: Major- Combine fire and air once again and fire at the Darkling. The fire's light should make him disappear otherwise the fire and air should kill/damage it.
Minor - Hit Gerrard in the back, making him cough out the pastrie (Bad Saima! I'll never eat his pastries anymore)

Roll (8 )

Seeing Gerard choking on Raspin's pastry, you give him a strong hit to the back, sending the pastry back up. Gerard gives off a weak smile in relief, but his eyes widen as he points to something. Turning around, you see a darkling preparing to blast you. Before it can, you quickly throw your combination of fire and air at the darkling. As the fireball flies towards the darkling, its shadow grows weaker.

FoolishBalloon:d25(+2(air manipulation)+1(Fire magic)+1(Level 2)+1(Intelligence))
Darkling 1:d13(-2(thick air)-4(weakened)-1(Leather helmet))

FoolishBalloon's roll:12
Darkling's roll:13

Even weakened, the darkling manages to disappear as the fireball flies over, then reappear as it leaves.

Damage roll: Lightning blast(2d6)=4,4=8

As the darkling is about to fire off its lightning, it is suddenly knocked down, causing its lightning to fly off course into the trees. Hearing a loud crack, a massive branch splits off a tree and crushes the darkling. You look up to make sure no fire is going to start and are pleased to see it beginning to rain.

Skills: Vitakinesis,+1 to rolls involving vitakinesis(Level 2,) Apprentice air manipulation (lv 3,+2 to magic rolls involving air manipulation),melee weapon training (lv 1), Fire magic(Lv2),Level 2,1 to all combat rolls. Intelligence +1 to magic combat rolls(Lv1)
Total bonuses: melee attacks +1,combat rolls +1,air manipulation +2,Combat rolls +1,Magic combat rolls +1,fire magic +1

Inventory:

Raspin Hongu(Saima)

Action: Assasinate Darkling 2 with my mace.

Roll (4)

Deciding to finish off the remaining darkling, you prepare to sneak up on it. You quickly realize how difficult it is to sneak up on a darkling when it turns to face you as soon as you make a step towards its. Knowing how the darkling fights, you prepare your mace and wait for it to appear it front of you. Sure enough the beast appears and quickly tries to gut you with its swords.

Raspin Hongu:d24(+2(Training)+1(strength)+1(Level 2))
Darkling 2:d20(+2(Training)-2(Thick air))

Raspin's roll:23
Darkling's roll:16

Damage roll:Mace,heavy(1d8,x2)=4

You jump to the side to avoid the darkling's blades and swing your mace at it. Hitting the beast before it could disappear, the shadow it was made of fades away, the only thing left of it being the two blades.

Total Bonuses: +2 to melee rolls, +1 to combat rolls

Inventory:

Voltir(its_crunchtime)

Action: Minor: Let out a chilling laugh
Major: Take cover behind a tree and attempt to heal myself with magic.

Roll (8 )

Seeing your wound, you are gripped by the want to let out a laugh. "Muahahahaha" you say, for no real reason at all. Seeing the darkling's dead, you decide to run behind a tree and try to heal your wounds. Focusing deeply and tuning out all other noises, you think on how to heal your wounds. Finally coming up with an idea for how to do so, you tentatively test out your skill on your arm and manage to close the wound. Fearing to try anymore until you fully understand the workings of this magic, you go back into the clearing.

Learned Healing magic(Lv1)
Level up!(Level 2)

In Brutal pain(-3)
Skills: Melee weapon training,+2 to melee actions (Lv2),Summon Blade,+1 to actions involving summon blade(Lv2),ranged weapon training,+1 to ranged rolls, Level 2 +1 to combat rolls

Health: 3/15

Inventory:

Ash Jiervan

Action: Minor : Take the minotaur's axe.
Major : Wait for a darkling to try to zap somebody, then use my air magic to make the lightning curve back and hit the darkling.

Roll(7+2=8 )

Now that the minotaur lay dead at your feet, you take its axe for your own. Turning around, you see FoolishBalloon fighting the darkling. His fireball missed the darkling, who prepared to fire back with its own lightning. Knowing that you couldn't let this happen, you used your air manipulation to knock the darkling to the ground, sending its lightning off into the trees. You prepare to finish it with your axe, but then see a branch get hit by the blast and fall on top of it, doing your work for you.

Total bonuses: +2 (Melee training) +2 to rolls involving air manipulation(Apprentice air manipulation),Level 2(+1 to combat rolls)Strength +1(Lv1)

Inventory:

Game event:

As the fight finally grinds to a halt, all of you gather around Gerard.

"We have to heal before moving on, there are too many wounded" says Voltir

"I agree with you Voltir." manages Gerard. "But we cannot tarry here long, lest we still be here at night. We must only heal those who need it most, then we have to move on."

The clearing is littered with bodies, there is a path that you came from and a path that you are going to go through. The clearing is covered by thick bushes on all sides, making it difficult to move through.

You will stay in the clearing for two turns, then move on through the bush.

Allies:
Gerard(Soldier Leader):

Cyrus (Soldier 1):

Alistair(Soldier 2):

Richard(Soldier 3):

Lance(Soldier 4):

Enemies:
Minotaur(Beast Leader:

Darkling 1:

Darkling 2:

Satyr 2 :
Satyr 3:
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:46 pm

Roll #19

Migelo (Mastery910)

Action: minor: Pick up the oak shortbow and arrows
major: Make a shadow clone and spar with him [train shadow magic]

Roll (2+2=4)

Now that the battle is done, you can get to the important thing, looting! Walking over to the satyr that had a bow , you examine it and see that it is extremely well made, too well made for a satyr. Picking up the Oak short bow and the arrows, you have an idea to talk to your master. Then you think about it and remember that he didn't want to talk to you until you are out of the forest. Deciding instead to create a shadow clone to spar with, you focus deeply and draw the shapes together, forming a creature. You open your eyes to see your creation and find yourself facing a darkling. In your surprise, you stop concentrating and it falls apart. Shocked at this discovery of the darkling, you just sit there staring at the spot, too stunned to move.

Skills: Melee weapon training (Lv1),Ranged weapon training (Lv1),Apprentice shadow magic(Lv3),Level 2 +1 to combat rolls
Total Bonuses: +1 to melee attack rolls, +1 to ranged attack rolls,+2 to shadow magic

Inventory:

Action: Major - Train both air and vitakinesis by loading a wind with vitakinesis, blowing it over both Gerard, its_crunchtime, me and all other in need of healing. (Hopefully my air should level up now, I've used it a lot )
Minor - look around for anything useful. If I find anything good, then pick it up.

Roll (4+2+1=7)

Knowing that you are the only one who can heal, you try to think of a way to heal everyone. Suddenly you realize that you can imbue the air with your healing magic, and then pass it overtop everyone who needs healing. You focus and tune out the noises of the forest, using your healing magic on the air around you, when you feel like it's enough, you force the air across Gerard and his wounds close shut. He looks up at you, shocked and thanks you. You proceed to pass the air across Voltir, and after its success, yourself. After the air passes over you, you can feel that its healing properties have been used up from now, so you let the air go. Deciding that you should see if you can find anything, you look around the clearing, quickly deciding that there is nothing of interest, you switch to the bodies of the enemies. After looking through the satyrs corpses and finding nothing, you see something small in the minotaur's hand. Walking over to it, you see it is an old journal, the cover badly damaged but the pages inside readable. You decide to pocket it for later use.

Your Air manipulation skill has increased(Lv 4)
Your Vitakinesis skill has increased!(Lv 3)

Skills: Vitakinesis,+2 to rolls involving vitakinesis(Level 3,) Apprentice air manipulation (lv 4,+3 to magic rolls involving air manipulation),melee weapon training (lv 1), Fire magic(Lv2),Level 2,1 to all combat rolls. Intelligence +1 to magic combat rolls(Lv1)

Inventory:

Raspin Hongu(Saima)

Action: Major: Attempt to conjure some bandages [Cloth conjuring]

Roll (5)

Deciding that you all cannot rip your tabards much more, you decide to conjure up bandages, thinking that they can't be much different from conjuring pastries. You focus on an image of bandages in your head and cast out your arm, using your mind to force the object to materialize into your world. When you open your eyes, you see some bandages, not as many as you had hoped, but not bad for a first try.
You learned cloth conjuring !(Lv 1)

Skills: Melee weapon training (level two), Minor Persuasion(Level 1),Strength(level 1), Basic Pastry Conjuring(Lv 1),Level 2,+1 to all combat rolls, Cloth conjuring, Mind controlling pastry dance

Inventory:

Voltir(its_crunchtime)

Action: Minor: Retrieve my hatchets and daggers, then take the Darkling's two swords, Alistairs sword, Satyr 2's two axes and Cyrus's sword. (Throwing machine!)
Major: Practice my summon blade skill

Roll (1+1=2)

Seeing most of your wounds suddenly close over when a gust of wind passes you, you thank FoolishBalloon and decide to loot the corpses. You find one of your hatchets, the other one lost in the bush. Then you pick up your daggers and take both of the darkling's swords, showing no regard for the other group members and proceed to take the satyrs axes and both the dead soldiers weapons. Then deciding to practice your summon blade skill, you see a nice tree on the edge of the clearing and throw your summoned dagger at it. The weight of all your weapons affects your throw, causing it to bounce off a knot in the tree and spin back at you, though with less force than your throw, it still hurt.

Skills: Melee weapon training,+2 to melee actions (Lv2),Summon Blade,+1 to actions involving summon blade(Lv2),ranged weapon training,+1 to ranged rolls, Level 2 +1 to combat rolls, Healing magic

Health: 8/15

Inventory:

Ash Jiervan

Action: Minor : Give Raspin my battleaxe.
Major : Repair the greataxe.

Roll(6)

Now that you have a new axe, you hand Raspin your old one. Seeing that your large axe is damaged, you take it upon yourself to repair it. You manage to sharpen it, repairing the weapon to being almost what it was at its prime, though you didn't manage to restore its critical capabilities to what they used to be.
Your skill at repairing weapons has increased!(Lv 1)

Total bonuses: +2 (Melee training) +2 to rolls involving air manipulation(Apprentice air manipulation),Level 2(+1 to combat rolls)Strength +1(Lv1),Repair-Weapons (Lv 1)

Inventory:

Game event:One turn left in clearing before you continue

Allies:
Gerard(Soldier Leader):

Cyrus (Soldier 1):

Alistair(Soldier 2):

Richard(Soldier 3):

Lance(Soldier 4):

Enemies:
Minotaur(Beast Leader:

Darkling 1:

Darkling 2:

Satyr 2 :
Satyr 3:
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:47 pm

Roll #20

Migelo (Mastery910)

Action: Minor: Study the darkling.
Major: Use my study to create my own darkling using Shadow magic [Train shadow magic]

Roll (7+2=8 )

You stare at the place where you conjured up a darkling for quite some time, finally conquering your fears, you decide to do it again. You try to focus on what you did last time, using the same thoughts. When you open your eyes, another darkling stands in front of you, this time you examine it carefully, while you stare at it, it reshapes into a copy of your shadow, though still with red eyes and it cocks its head to the side curiously. Surprised at this discovery, you stand up and back away. Sure enough, the darkling follows you, still watching and wondering what you are doing. Realizing that this darkling seems to be friendly, you decide to test if you can command it. You tell it to move over by the satyr's corpse, it doesn't and you drop your head Great, you summoned a useless creature. Then you have an idea to command it with your mind, sure enough the darkling curiously moves over to the satyr. Excited at your discovery, you let go of your focus and the darkling fades away.

You learned how to create darkling's with shadow magic!

Inventory:

Action:
Major - Train my Air Magic by blowing a wind through the forest, bringing any useful stuff that isn't too heavy back to me.
Minor - Read the book QUIET for myself, hoping that it has to do with farting magic (So I can fart on command (AND DON'T THINK that it's an unserius skill, it isn't. It might sound, but it would allow me to do great fire+air+methane combos, because the fart generates methane!!))

Roll (8(You seriously rolled this!))

Taking the journal out of your pocket you walk over to a tree where it is nice and quiet and begin to read the pages. It appears to be an account of a travelling magician, most of the pages merely talk about his journey around the world. Flipping past quite a few pages to the end, you shiver at the first line on the bloodstained page. "Night has fallen. I was warned, but I foolishly believed that I could get through the forest in time. I was set upon by all manner of beasts, the most odd was a creature made entirely of shadow, the darkling. This shadow creature I soon discovered to be the most dangerous in the forest, not by the first darkling's of course, they were weak and easily dealt with by my magefire. I speak of their transformation, as I write this, I desperately hope that someone will find this and learn the truth about this forest. I believe that this forest was once home to a sect of shadow mages, long since dead, who created the first darkling's as their guardians and protectors, but as they died, the darkling's under their control were set loose. These escaped creatures most deadly power is an ability they developed to draw strength from the night. As the sun begins to set, the beasts grow larger and more powerful, until midnight, when they are at their strongest. The beasts have left me here to die, I fear that I, the great Konus, will die here, die a peasants death." The writing ends at the bottom of the page, but it looks as if the following pages have been ripped from their place and scattered to the winds. Suddenly you recall that you have control over the winds, casting forth your magic through the forest, you send the air snaking through the trees to find the missing pages, hopefully intact. One page alone returns with your wind, looking at the first line, you begin to laugh. "And so, finally we come to the last piece of my magic to pass on, a fantastic creation of my own. Magicus Farticus, a name of my own development as well.

Skills: Vitakinesis,+2 to rolls involving vitakinesis(Level 3,) Apprentice air manipulation (lv 4,+3 to magic rolls involving air manipulation),melee weapon training (lv 1), Fire magic(Lv2),Level 2,1 to all combat rolls. Intelligence +1 to magic combat rolls(Lv1)

Inventory:

Raspin Hongu(Saima)

Action: Magick up some new clothes for myself (I need to look spiffy)

Roll (8 )

Seeing that you created bandages, you decide that you need some spiffy new clothes for when you reach the emperor, as your current ones are torn beyond repair. Casting forth your magic, you create a fancy shirt and pants, green gilded with silver as that it the best color for travelling through a forest. You see that your magic was a complete success, even copying the fancy RH that you envisioned stitched upon the shirt. This practice has definitely improved your conjuring ability.

Cloth conjuring level up!
Skills: Melee weapon training (level two), Minor Persuasion(Level 1),Strength(level 1), Basic Pastry Conjuring(Lv 1),Level 2,+1 to all combat rolls, Cloth conjuring,+1(lv 2), Mind controlling pastry dance

Inventory:

Voltir(its_crunchtime)

Action: Try to heal myself with Healing MAGIC!

Roll (6)

Sitting down after having spent time contemplating your new magic, you try to heal your major wound. Laying your hand over the gash, you channel the magic from your mind, through your hand and onto the wound. When you are done, you take your hand away and gaze upon the smooth skin when only moments ago there was a large wound. Feeling good about what you learned, you walk over to Gerard and wait for him to say it's time to leave.
Skills: Melee weapon training,+2 to melee actions (Lv2),Summon Blade,+1 to actions involving summon blade(Lv2),ranged weapon training,+1 to ranged rolls, Level 2 +1 to combat rolls, Healing magic

Inventory:

Ash Jiervan

Action: Minor : Take the minotaur's horns.
Major : Practice air manipulation.

Roll(8 )

Walking over the minotaur's corpse, you unsheathe your short sword and slice off the beasts horns, putting them in your backpack. Then you decide to practice your air manipulation while you wait to move on. Swirling the air around you, shaping it to you every whim, you feel like you have gained even more experience to being a master of air manipulation.

Air manipulation level up!(4)
Total bonuses: +2 (Melee training) +3 to rolls involving air manipulation(Expert air manipulation),Level 2(+1 to combat rolls)Strength +1(Lv1),Repair-Weapons (Lv 1)

Inventory:

Game event:

"All right, form up men, behind me." called Gerrik." We have to get out of here before nightfall, I dont know why, but I do know that no one who has been trapped in here at night has come out the other side."

Moving behind Gerrick, you all walk at a quick pace, keeping to the small pace and staying as far as you could from the bushes on either side.

"Blast!" yelled Gerrick as he suddenly stopped.

"What is it sir? asked Richard

"They've regrouped again, we don't have much time, the sun is already beginning to set."

Once more, you walk into a clearing, this one is different, for there are ancient wooden shelters on the edges, and an old fire pit in the center. Walking into the clearing in circle formation once more, beasts charge forth from the forests, though now more darkling's then satyrs, and they seem... stronger.

Allies:
Gerard(Soldier Leader):

Richard(Soldier 3):

Lance(Soldier 4):

Enemies:
Centaur(Beast Leader:

Darkling 1:

Darkling 2:

Darkling 3 :
Satyr 1:

Better hope your luck stays for this next roll!
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:49 pm

Roll #21

Migelo (Mastery910)

Action: Use my shadow magic mind control to control darkling #3 and let him attack the Centaur with his longsword.

Roll (2+2=4)

Focusing on your shadow magic, you try to control one of the darkling's, but for some reason when you feel that you latched on to the beast, your grip slides off.

Skills: Melee weapon training (Lv1),Ranged weapon training (Lv1),Apprentice shadow magic,+2 to shadow magic rolls(Lv3),Level 2 +1 to combat rolls

Inventory:

Action: Minor - Try to remember how useful Magicus Farticus may be, and fart a little.
Major - Control the fart with my Air Magic and then use my Air and Fire magics to blow the fart to the enemies (Centaur in first hand, then the Satyr) and light the fart on fire, provide it with more oxygen from my air magic and they should be roasted.

Roll (7+3+1=8 )

Recalling the title of the scroll you found, Magicus Farticus, you think of an idea to use your regular farts to hurt the enemies. You fart, you felt it coming and gathered the small amount of gas, blowing it toward the centaur leader, then splitting half towards the satyr. As the air gets close, you force your fire upon the gases, lighting it up.
FoolishBalloon:d25(+1(Level)+3(air manipulation)+1(fire magic)+1(intelligence)-1(centaur armor))
Centaur:d23(+3(training)+1(dexterity)-1(your helmet))
FoolishBalloon:19
Centaur:9
Damage roll: Fire fart(1d8)=3
One of your fire farts gets a direct hit on the leader, catching him on fire.

Foolishballoon:d26(+1(Level)+3(air manipulation)+1(fire magic)+1(intelligence)-
Satyr:d21(+2(training))

Foolishballoon's roll:3
Satyr's roll:11

The satyr avoids you attack and swings at you with its mace.

Damage roll:Heavy mace(1d8,x2)=1

The satyrs mace comes toward your head, but you jump out of the way, letting it only catch your shoulder.

Total bonuses: melee attacks +1,combat rolls +1,air manipulation +3,Combat rolls +1,Magic combat rolls +1,fire magic +1

Inventory:

Raspin Hongu(Saima)

Action:
Major: Do my mind-controlling pastry dance to confuse Satyr 1

Minor: "I'll distract the Satyr. Someone take advantage of this opportunity!"

Roll (8 )

Seeing the satyr as the most dim-witted of the enemies you face, you decide to do your mind controling pastry dance on it. Quickly calling out before you begin the complicated steps, "I'll distract the Satyr. Someone take advantage of this opportunity!" Starting the dance, you let all else it the world fade away, just you, the satyr, and the delicious pastries. "PASTRIES!" you shout as you finish the dance, and you watch a confused satyr stumble forward and trip over its own feet.

Damage roll:Mace,heavy(1d8,x2)=6

The dumb beast fell onto its own mace with its head, grievously wounding it.

Mind controlling pastry dance level up(2)
Skills: Melee weapon training (level two), Minor Persuasion(Level 1),Strength(level 1), Basic Pastry Conjuring(Lv 1),Level 2,+1 to all combat rolls, Cloth conjuring,+1(lv 2), Mind controlling pastry dance,+1(Lv 2)

Inventory:

Voltir(its_crunchtime)

Action: Major: Throw both of my hand-axes at Darkling 3.

Roll (6)

Seeing that the darkling's are the most numerous now, you decide to attack the one that looks the most threatening. Taking out both your hand axes from your "armory", you prepare to toss them at the Darkling.

Voltir:d22(+1(training)+1(Level 2))
Darkling 3:d22(+2(training))

Voltir's roll:13
Darkling's roll:8

Damage roll:Damaged hand axe(1d5,x2) Damaged hand axe(1d5,x2)=5,1=6

Throwing your axe's with great precision, you manage to hit the darkling with both of them.

Inventory:

Ash Jiervan

Action: Minor : "One clearing cleared... *sigh* ...two to go."
Major : Cast Atmospheric Impedance

Roll(5+3=Cool

Deciding to once again thicken the air around the beasts, you gather the air above you and thicken it around the creatures, you feel that it is much more effective than the time before.

Total bonuses: +2 (Melee training) +3 to rolls involving air manipulation(Expert air manipulation),Level 2(+1 to combat rolls)Strength +1(Lv1),Repair-Weapons (Lv 1)

Inventory:

Game event:

Gerard: Attacks Centaur leader

Gerard:d21(+1(training(+1(strength)-1(Centaur's armor)
Centaur Leader:d20(+3(Training)+1(dexterity)-4(Impedance))
Gerard's roll:1
Centaur's roll:2(Lol)
Damage roll: Yew longbow(1d10,x3)= 2
As you charge towards the centaur, it quickly nocks an arrow and looses it, hitting you in the shoulder.

Richard: Attacks darkling 1

Richard:d22(+2(Training))
Darkling 1:d17(+1(intelligence) -4(Impedance)))
Richard's roll:7
Darkling's roll:10
Damage roll: Acid Orb(1d4,poison)=2
As you swing your sword at the darkling, it shifts out of the way and blasts you with an orb of acid. Feeling strange, you look where it hit and see your skin turning green.

Lance: Attacks darkling 2

Lance:d22(+2(training)
Darkling 2:d18(+2(training) -4(Impedance)))
Lance's roll:16
Darkling:3
Damage roll:Short spear(1d6,x2)=2
You stab the darkling with your spear, forcing the beast away.

Darkling 3: Unblocked, attacks Gerard

Darkling 3:d18(+2(training) -4(Impedance)))
Gerard:d22(+1(training)+1(strength))
Darkling's roll:9
Gerard's roll:17
Damage roll:Longsword(1d8,x2)Shortsword (1d6,x2)=5,1=6
The darkling slips with the shadows towards Gerard, but he notices as stabs the beast with both his swords before it has a chance to strike him. The darkling fades away to nothing, leaving only its weapons lying on the ground.

Satyr 1: Attacks richard

Satyr:d15(+1(training) -4(Impedance)-2(in pain))
Richard:d20(+2(training)-2(In pain))
Satyr's roll:7
Richards roll:12
Damage roll: Iron shortsword(1d6,x2)=3
The slow moving satyr comes towards you with its mace, easy pickings after fighting darkling's, and you dodge its mace, striking the beast with your blade and killing it stone dead.

Allies:
Gerard(Soldier Leader):

Richard(Soldier 3):

Lance(Soldier 4):

Enemies:
Centaur(Beast Leader:

Darkling 1:

Darkling 2:

Darkling 3 :
Satyr 1:
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:50 pm

Roll #22

Migelo (Mastery910)

Action: Aim my arrow through the fire of foolishballoon and hit darkling #1 [Train Ranged weaponry]

Roll (5+1=6)

Seeing foolishballoon throw another fire attack at the centaur, you align yourself just so. Then loose an arrow directly in the path of the fire, it manages to pass through and head towards one of the darklings.

Migelo:d20(+1(training)-1(in pain))
Darkling 1:d17(+1(intelligence)-4(Atmospheric impedance))

Migelo's roll:19
Darkling' roll:16

Damage roll:Oak Shortbow(1d7,x3)=7(crit x3)=21+2(fire arrow)

Your flaming arrow gets a direct hit on the darkling and the beast fades into nothingness, you can sense that it is truly gone through your shadow magic.

Ranged weapon training level up!(Lv 2)

Skills: Melee weapon training (Lv1),Ranged weapon training (Lv2),Apprentice shadow magic,+2 to shadow magic rolls(Lv3),Level 2 +1 to combat rolls

Inventory:

Action: Minor - Fart some more, and try to learn how to fart on my command (Fart Magic (I know I won't learn it as it's my minor, but I might hopefully get some XP on it ^^))
Major - Try to drive out some more methane from both the air and the fart, then send half of it towards the Centaur, the rest against the most damaged Darkling, then send in fireballs and provide them with a ton of oxyge so it gets a really hot fire.

Roll (1+3+1=5)

Once again let loose a fart to the disgust of your friends. Gathering up the small amount of gas from it, you fling it towards the centaur and light it on fire, then you try to split it apart, but instead it stays the course towards the centaur.

Foolishballoon:d25(+3(air)+1(fire)+1(level 2)+1(intelligence)-1(centaurs armor))
Centaur:d17(+3(training)+1(dexterity)-2(on fire)-4(Impedance)-1(your helmet))

Foolishballoon's roll:1
Centaur's roll:4

Damage roll: Yew longbow(1d10,x3)=8

The centaur dodges your fire and responds with an arrow of his own, such speed and accuracy catches you by surprise so that you completely miss the chance to jump out of the way.

In pain(-1)

Total bonuses: melee attacks +1,combat rolls +1,air manipulation +3,Combat rolls +1,Magic combat rolls +1,fire magic +1
Health: 6/15

Inventory:

Raspin Hongu(Saima)

Action: Minor: Make sure I don't trip. Like, no chance.

Major: Charge at Darkling 2, slicing him to tiny, tiny bits.

Roll (8 )

Deciding that you should attack the last darkling, you charge, then stop. There is a small rock in front of you, so you slowly move around it in order to not trip. When you get around the rock, you renew your charge and prepare to cut the beast into tiny, tiny bits.

Raspin Hongu:d23(+2(training)+1(strength)+1(Level 2)-1(in pain))
Darkling:d18(+2(training)-4(Impedance))

Raspin's roll:8
Darkling's roll:11

Damage roll: Short sword(1d6,x2)=5

Slashing and hacking at where the darkling was but a moment ago, you stare at the empty space and feel the pain of a sword in your back.

Modifiers: -2 to combat(in pain until healed)

Skills: Melee weapon training (level two), Minor Persuasion(Level 1),Strength(level 1), Basic Pastry Conjuring(Lv 1),Level 2,+1 to all combat rolls, Cloth conjuring,+1(lv 2), Mind controlling pastry dance,+1(Lv 2)

Inventory:

Voltir(its_crunchtime)

Action: Throw both of my daggers at Darkling 1.

Roll (8 )

Preparing to throw your daggers at the darkling mage, you look around and find it gone. Deciding that the beast is dead, you go for the next best thing, the last remaining darkling.

Voltir:d22(+1(training)+1(level 2))
Darkling:d18(+2(training)-4(Impedance))

Voltir's roll:8
Darkling's roll:8

Voltir's reroll:14
Darkling's reroll:11

Damage roll: Dagger(1d4,x2)Dagger(1d4,x2)=4(x2=8 ),4(x2=8 )=16

You throw both your daggers with critical precision, ripping the darkling apart and causing it to fade away into nothingness.

Ranged training level up(lv 2)

Skills: Melee weapon training,+2 to melee actions (Lv2),Summon Blade,+1 to actions involving summon blade(Lv2),ranged weapon training,+2 to ranged rolls, Level 2 +1 to combat rolls, Healing magic

Inventory:

Ash Jiervan

Action: Minor : "Lizardy things popping up out of forests and claiming to be awesome-looking bounty hunters, pancake-obsessed elves doing mind-controlling pastry dances, and now flatulence magic. Not exactly what I was expecting when I joined the army, but I'll adapt."
Major : Charge the centaur with my axe.

Roll(1)

Seeing Foolishballoon let out another fart and use it to fuel his attack, you groan " Lizardy things popping up out of forests and claiming to be awesome-looking bounty hunters, pancake-obsessed elves doing mind-controlling pastry dances, and now flatulence magic. Not exactly what I was expecting when I joined the army, but I'll adapt." Then hefting your axe, you prepare to charge the centaur. Seeing you charging, the centaur runs towards you and kicks you to the ground, then nocks and arrow and draws it.

Ash Jiervan:d19(+2(training)+1(level 2)+1(strength)-1(centaurs armor)-4(on ground))
Centaur:d20(+3(training)+1(dexterity)+2(Above you)-2(on fire)-4(Impedance))

Ash Jiervan:8
Centaur:20

Damage roll: Yew longbow(1d10,x3)=10(crit,x3)=30

Standing above you, the centaur lets loose a hearty laugh as his arrow flies into your heart. The pain is terrible, you fight to keep yourself awake, but you cannot, the pain is too great. Your last thought is a hope that someone will heal you, for otherwise your time in this world may come to an end.(Wow, you got a 1, then the enemy hit the max he could both times, bad luck)

Will die in two turns if you are not healed
Unconscious

Health:0/15

Inventory:

Game event:

Gerard: Attack's centaur

Gerard:d21(+1(training)+1(strength)-1(centaurs armor))
Centaur:d18(+3(training)+1(dexterity)-2(on fire)-4(Impedance))

Gerard's roll:10
Centaur's roll:3

Damage roll:Longsword(1d8,x2)Shortsword(1d6,x2)=7,4=11

Gerard stabs the centaur with his blades, killing it on the spot.

Battle won!

Seeing Ash on the ground with an arrow in him, Gerard shouts "One of you healers, come over here and fix him up. He may still be alive yet, after that we must move on, night is going to soon fall."

Leaving in one turn

Allies:
Gerard(Soldier Leader):

Richard(Soldier 3):

Lance(Soldier 4):

Enemies:
Centaur(Beast Leader:

Darkling 1:

Darkling 2:

Darkling 3 :
Satyr 1:
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:50 pm

Roll #23

Migelo (Mastery910)

Action:
Minor: pick up yew longbow
Major: Pile together the darklings and reanimate them combined to make it a friendly super darkling [train shadow magic]

Roll (3+2=5)

Now that the battle is done, you look over the corpses and see an amazing yew longbow that belonged to the centaur and quickly pick it up. Suddenly you have an idea to combine all the dead darklings into a friendly super darkling. Looking around excitedly, you notice that they are gone and realization strikes, the magic held the shadows together, now that they are gone, the shadows they were taken from are returned. Instead you decide to focus on creating your own, so you focus and draw the shadows together as you had done before. Seeing that it worked, you now have a darkling of your own!

Summoning skill learned!

Skills: Melee weapon training (Lv1),Ranged weapon training (Lv2),Apprentice shadow magic,+2 to shadow magic rolls(Lv3),Level 2 +1 to combat rolls,summoning (can control one summoned creature without penalties)

Inventory:

Action: If Saima succeeds to stop Ash from dying: Major - Try to learn Fart Magic and thenlow the fart up in the wind, forming it with my air magic and light it on fire, making burning letters saying "You can't beat me! I am strongest by all!" Training all three magics ibvolved

If Saima failed Major - Make my healing air and blow it through all people in our team, especially me and Ash, training both magics

Roll (7+3+2=8 )

Seeing your party wounded, you create a healing wind once more and blow it over everyone, seeing that your skill is improved, you manage to heal ash first, then yourself, Raspin, Migelo and Gerard. Then the air fades away.

Inventory:

Raspin Hongu(Saima)

Action: Minor: Apply my bandages! to Ash's wounds

Major: Conjure more bandages! for later

Roll (2+1=3)

Running over to Gerard, you pull your bandages! out and wrap them around his wound, stopping the bleeding, but otherwise not helping. Seeing that you are now out of bandages!, you decide to conjure up some more for later use. Focusing the same way that you did it last time, you try to conjure up the bandages! but try to place them in your hand rather than on the ground. Suddenly you feel a sharp pain and see the bandages! have wrapped around your hand and are pulling it tighter and tighter. You hastily try to rip them away, but the bandages! cling on tightly.

bandages! hurting arm(-2 to combat rolls)

Health: 12/15

Inventory:

Voltir(its_crunchtime)

Action: Minor: Retrieve my hand axes, my two daggers, then take the longsword, sharpened dagger, and shortsword.
Unless any one else wants some of the loot, I don't need all of it. If someone wants a weapon, juts take it out of my list to collect, Darien.

Major: Heal Ash
If already is healed then
Heal Raspin

Roll (7)

Seeing more loot on the ground with no one looking to grab it, you run and snatch it up. Grabbing the longsword, then the shortsword and the very sharp dagger, putting then all in your bag. Then you re-retrieve your throwing axes and daggers that you lost. Then seeing Ash wounded, you go over to help. Though mostly healed by the time you get there, you add your healing to the mix and bring Ash back to his full health.

Healing level up!(Lv2)

Skills: Melee weapon training,+2 to melee actions (Lv2),Summon Blade,+1 to actions involving summon blade(Lv2),ranged weapon training,+2 to ranged rolls, Level 2 +1 to combat rolls, Healing magic

Inventory:

Ash Jiervan

Action: Minor : Take the centaur's armor.
Major : Finish repairing my axe.

Roll(6+1)

After you had been healed, you see the battlefield looted and glance at Voltir, whose backpack is once more bulging with the weight of weapons. Shaking your head, you see that the centaurs armor is still laying there in good condition, so you walk over and put it on. Sitting down on a stone, you try and finish fixing your weapon. After sharpening the axe head, you feel that you restored it to its full capabilities.

Inventory:

Game event:

"Alright you lot, let's get moving!" shouts Gerard gruffly as you all finish what you're doing.

Following Gerard through the path, you all come to a fork in the road. Scratching his head, Gerard turns around. "Well, I didn't expect the path to split, what way do you think we should take?"

Raspin steps up to the front " I think I can see a house down to the left, but to the right is just the same path we've been walking on all this time."

"If there is a house down there, I want to stay as far away from whoever is mad enough to live in this forest as I can." says Voltir gruffly.

"But if there are people who live here, there will know the way out, whether it's this path or another through where they live." says Ash

"I think we need another vote, the left path with the house, or the right path ." says Foolishballoon

There will be no actions this turn, just decide amongst yourself for which path you will take, then bold your final choice.

Allies:
Migelo's Darkling:

Gerard(Soldier Leader):

Richard(Soldier 3):

Lance(Soldier 4):
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next