Novalia Roll 2 Dodge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aeinorean Races

+3
Bigkahuna
Saima
Rulyon
7 posters

Go down

Aeinorean Races Empty Aeinorean Races

Post  Rulyon Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:28 pm

Well, folks, it's getting to be that time. I'm getting very anxious because the full release of the game is very close now. I still have a LOT to convert from hand-written notes to a text format I can copy and paste into a post here. But I'm to the point I can't hold EVERYTHING in any longer. Here's a preview of the five playable races in the Aeinorean Chronicles. There are no Elves or Dwarves... but shrewd readers will be able to tell which races were inspired by them and serve as their "replacements" within the Realm of Aeinor.

For those unfamiliar with DnD terms, AC means Armor Check and DC means Difficulty Check.

Feats:

Hannoth - An imposing simian race
+2 Strength, +2 Constitution, -2 Dexterity: Hannoth are built solidly, but other races can run circles around them.
Medium: Hannoth are Medium creatures (barely!) and have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
Normal Speed: Hannoth have a base speed oFf 30 feet.
Imposing: Hannoth receive Intimidating Prowess as a bonus Feat at first level.
Hatred: Hannoth receive a +1 bonus on attack rolls against humanoid creatures of the reptilian and goblinoid subtypes due to special training against these hated foes.
Stability: Hannoth receive a +4 racial bonus to their Combat Manouver Defense when resisting a bull rush or trip attempt while standing on the ground.
Weapon Familiarity: Hannoth are proficient with Warhammers, one-handed blunt weapons, and treat any weapon with "Hannoth" in the name as a Martial weapon.
Racial Terrain: Hannoth can choose between Mountain, Underground, and Jungle for their Racial Favored Terrain.
Languages: Hannoth begin play speaking Hannoth and Common. Hannoth with high Intelligence scores can choose from the following: Raynish, Reiherri, Valciin, Orcish, Goblin, Slith, and Terran.

Human - Hardy, Industrious, Expansive
+2 to One Ability Score: Human characters get a +2 bonus to one ability score of their choice at creation to represent their varied nature.
Medium: Humans are Medium creatures and receive no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
Normal Speed: Humans have a base speed of 30 feet.
Bonus Feat: Humans select one extra Feat at first level. (Select from the choices or work with GM to create your own.)
Skilled: Humans gain an additional skill rank at first level, and one additional rank whenever they gain a level.
Greed: Humans receive a +2 racial bonus on Appraise skill checks made to determine the price of weapons, armor, and other goods that contain precious metals or gemstones.
Industrious: Humans are accustomed to difficult work, and get a +2 bonus to Constitution checks to avoid fatigue. In addition, they get a one-time +2 bonus to a Craft skill when they first choose it.
Tensions: Humans and Reiherri have tense relations stemming from the Reiherri belief that Humanity's industrial development is costly for the ecology. Social rolls between the races are taken at +2 DC.
Weapon Familiarity: Humans are proficient with swords, maces, bows, and crossbows and treat any weapon with "Human" in the name as a Martial weapon.
Racial Terrain: Humans can choose between Urban, Prairie, and Forest for their Racial Favored Terrain.
Languages: Humans begin play speaking Common. Humans with high Intelligence scores can choose any languages they want (except secret languages like Druidic).

Raynar - Cunning, fox-like humanoids
+2 Intellect, +2 Dexterity, -2 Strength: Raynar are nimble, both in body and mind, but are physically weak.
Medium: Raynar are Medium Creatures and have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
Normal Speed: Raynar have a base speed of 30 feet.
Low-Light Vision: Raynar can see twice as far as Humans in conditions of dim light. (Low Light Vision Spoiler)
Predatory Ancestors: Raynar receive a +2 racial bonus on Perception checks related to scent and hearing.
Silver Tongues: Raynar receive Persuasive as a bonus Feat at first level due to their culture's fervent practice of mercantilism.
Market Value: Raynar receive a +2 racial bonus on Appraise skill checks made to determine the price of trade goods.
Fox's Cunning: Raynar add +2 to the DC of any saving throws against spells they cast.
Weapon Familiarity: Raynar are proficient with longbows, shortbows, polearms (including staves) and treat weapon with "Raynish" in it's name as a martial weapon.
Racial Terrain: Raynar Rangers can choose between Forest, Mountain, and Urban as their Racial Favored Terrain.
Languages: Raynar begin play speaking Raynish and Common. Raynar with high Intelligence scores can choose from the following: Valciin, Reiherri, Hannoth, Sylvan, Orcish, Goblin, Slith, Undercommon, & Gnoll.

Reiherri - A Surricate race with a clan-based culture
+2 Wisdom, +2 Dexterity, -2 Constitution: Reiherri are dexterous and wise, but physically frail.
Small: Reiherri are Small creatures and gain a +1 size bonus to their AC, a +1 Size bonus on attack rolls, a -1 penalty to their CMB and CMD, and a +4 Size bonus on Stealth Checks.
Slow Speed: Reiherri have a base speed of 20 feet.
Darkvision: Reiherri can see in the darkness to a distance of 60 feet.
Skittish Sentry: Reiherri receive the Alertness Feat as a bonus feat at first level.
Digger: Reiherri have non-retractable claws at the end of each finger, used for burrowing. They receive a +2 racial bonus to Climb and Dig checks, and all unarmed strikes are considered Natural Weapons. However, their claws interfer with their manual dexterity and they suffer a -4 penalty to attacks with melee and ranged weapons. They can shorten their claws to lose the penalty, but their unarmed strikes will no longer be considered Natural Weapons and lose their bonus. It takes a week for their claws to grow back. If they choose to shorten their claws on one hand, they can wield a weapon in it with no penalty and still make Natural Weapon attacks with their other hand, but they still receive the Off Hand penalty with the corresponding attacks. If they choose to do this, delicate tasks such as Disable Device are taken at a -2 penalty.
Tensions: Humans and Reiherri have tense relations stemming from the Reiherri belief that Humanity's industrial development is costly for the ecology. Social rolls between the races are taken at +2 DC.
Weapon Familiarity: Reiherri are proficient with Short Bows, Slings, Blowguns, and treat any weapon with "Reiherri" in the name as a Martial weapon.
Racial Terrain: Reiherri Rangers can choose between Grassland, Desert, Mountain, Forest, and Tundra as their Racial Favored Terrain.
Languages: Reiherri begin play speaking Reiherri and Common. Reiherri with high Intelligence scores can choose from the following: Hannoth, Human, Raynish, Valciin, Gnoll, Jack, Orcish, & Goblin.

Valcii - Avian masters of survival
+2 Constitution, +2 Wisdom, -2 Charisma: Valcii are wise and tough , but a bit gruff.
Medium: Valcii are Medium Creatures and have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
Normal Speed: Valcii have a base speed of 30 feet.
Hardy: Choose whether you descended from a desert or tundra clan. You receive a +2 racial bonus in saves against extreme heat or cold as appropriate, as well as saves against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities.
Ancestral Birthright: Valcii receive the Acrobatic Feat as a bonus Feat at first level. (Not to be confused with the Acrobatics SKILL)
Self Sufficient: Valcii receive the Self Sufficient Feat as a bonus Feat at first level.
Eagle Eyes: Valcii receive a -2 reduction in the DC for Perception checks involving distance, and when performing a ranged attack against a target in Cover, reduce the cover by one step.
Hatred: Valcii receive a +1 bonus to attack rolls against humanoids of the reptilian and giant subtypes due to special training against these hated foes.
Weapon Familiarity: Valcii are proficient with all ranged weapons, including thrown, and treat all weapons with "Valciin" in the name as Martial weapons.
Racial Favored Terrain: Valcii Rangers can choose between Desert, Tundra, and Mountain as their Racial Favored Terrain.
Languages: Valcii begin play speaking Common and Valciin. Valcii with high Intelligence scores can choose from the following: Hannoth, Raynish, Reiherri, Orcish, Goblin, Slith, and Giant.

Last edited by Rulyon on Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:59 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Replaced "Prairie" with "Jungle" for Hannoth Racial Favored Terrain.)
Rulyon
Rulyon
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Aeinorean Races Empty Re: Aeinorean Races

Post  Saima Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:50 pm

I see you've got a new avatar... I always get confused when that happens XD

I'm very excited for the game... Would you mind reserving me a spot, if that's still allowed in this forum?

Saima
Saima
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:08 pm

Looks awesome!

Definitely joining in as soon as you're ready (unless of course everyone already reserves spots Rolling Eyes )

About the races... I'm guessing that
Spoiler:

Don't worry! If you've gone through and planned this much, the game will go fine. Besides, the first few rolls are a time to get your game together (haha, I made a pun Rolling Eyes ) and work out the weak points in the mechanics.
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Rulyon Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:24 pm

Certainly! I now have four reserved slots and two open slots, if memory serves:

Reserved slots for:
ItsCrunchtime
AerynPierre
Saima
BigKahuna

I'm glad you like the races. :-) And Kahuna... Correct with the Hannoth, but not the Reiherri. Reiherri were Aeryn's brainchild that I converted for use in this game. Raynar actually were the "elves" of Aeinor, but quickly developed a personality of their own.
Rulyon
Rulyon
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  8680 Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:04 pm

I would like reserve a slot on the waiting list. Though, this being based on Dungeons and Dragons rather than Dragonchampion's games, I might not get in for years....
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Rulyon Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:34 pm

Slot reserved. The very problem you bring up occurred to me before. I planned on running more than one Campaign if there is more than six interested players.

Edit to prevent double post:

I just re-read my "New Game Coming Soon!" thread and saw that I'd forgotten Talkal and FoolishBalloon are both interested as well. Seven reservations! Exciting!

ItsCrunchtime
AerynPierre
BigKahuna
Saima
Talkal
FoolishBalloon

Y'all make me feel all loved an' shit. :-)
Rulyon
Rulyon
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  FLAMELASHER Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:46 am

Can I reserve a spot either in game or top of waiting list?
FLAMELASHER
FLAMELASHER
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Rulyon Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:49 pm

Sure thing. I now have 8 interested players. I'll be running two four-member campaigns now.
Rulyon
Rulyon
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Saima Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:51 pm

Don't burn yourself out please Smile From personal experience, it's easy to start out rolling for tons of people, but it quickly ramps in difficulty...

Saima
Saima
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Rulyon Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:05 pm

Hence splitting the group in two. One group or the other is bound to always be waiting on SOMEONE to post an action. Depending on how quickly people do so I may limit the weekly number of rolls in each group. Either way, I'll be spending the same amount of time on rolls each week that I would otherwise spend on one continuous DnD session, which should get me two rolls for each group if the groups post actions fast enough.
Rulyon
Rulyon
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Rulyon Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:19 am

Circumstances have prevented me from typing much of what is needed, but so many of you are interested I'd like give you an idea of what Character Creation will be like, as well as a better background on the various playable races and a sneak peak at the Classes. All classes listed are DnD standard save two. The Communer and the Talismentalist are my creations. :-)

Step 1: Determine Ability Scores and Bonuses
Start by generating your character's ability scores.  These six scores determine your character's most basic attributes and are used to decide a wide variety of details and statistics.  Some class selections require you to have better than average scores for some of your abilities.

All attributes start at a base score of 10.  You have 15 points to spend to increase your Ability scores, and can gain additional points by decreasing other Attributes.  No score can be reduced below 7 or increased above 18 in this method.  The Table 1-1 shows the cost for each score, while Table 1-2 shows the ability modifiers and bonus spells.  You can't cast spells related to an ability that is below 10. A positive modifier is a Bonus, while a negative modifier is a Penalty.

The Ability Scores:

Table 1-1: Ability Score Costs
ScorePoints ScorePoints
7-4 133
8-2 145
9-1 157
100 1610
111 1713
122 1817

Table 1-2: Ability Score Modifiers and Bonus Spells by Spell Level
Ability ScoreModifier01st2nd3rd4th5th6th7th8th9th
1-5----------
2-3-4----------
4-5-3----------
6-7-2----------
8-9-1----------
10-110----------
12-13+1-1--------
14-15+2-11-------
16-17+3-111------
18-19+4-1111-----
20-21+5-21111----
22-23+6-221111---
24-25+7-2221111--
26-27+8-22221111-
28-29+9-322221111
30-31+10-332222111
32-33+11-333222211
34-35+12-333322221
36-37+13-433332222
38-39+14-443333222
40-41+15-444333322
42-43+16-444433332
44-45+17-544443333
And so on, though I doubt anyone will achieve ability scores this high.

Step 2: Choose Your Race
Hannoth:
Human:
Raynar:
Reiherri:
Valcii:

Step 3: Pick Your Class
Barbarian: The barbarian is a brutal berserker from beyond the edge of civilized lands.
Bard: The bard uses skill and spell alike to bolster his allies, confound his enemies, and build upon his fame.
Cleric: A devout follower of a deity, the cleric can heal wounds, raise the dead, and call down the wrath of the gods.
Communer: The communer is a student of the arcane who makes sacrifices and incurs penalties in exchange for favors from Planar Outsiders
Druid: The druid is a worshiper of all things natural--a spellcaster, a friend to animals, and a skilled shapechanger.
Fighter: Brave and stalwart, the fighter is a master of all manner of arms and armor.
Monk: A student of martial arts, the monk trains his body to be his greatest weapon and defense.
Paladin: The paladin is the knight in shining armor, a devoted follower of law and good.
Ranger: A tracker and hunter, the ranger is a creature of the wild and of tracking down his favored foes.
Rogue: The rogue is a thief and a scout, an opportunist capable of delivering brutal strikes against unwary foes.
Sorcerer: The spellcasting sorcerer is born with an innate knack for magic and has strange, eldritch powers.
Talismentalist: A master artificer, a Talismentalist carves gems and imues them with power, then works them into weapons of potential.
Wizard: The wizard masters magic through constant study that gives him incredible magical power.
Rulyon
Rulyon
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:42 pm

This looks great. Did you come up with all these tables by yourself or are they standard DnD?

Looking forward to playing the game!
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Rulyon Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:52 pm

Standard DnD, specifically Pathfinder, an adaptation of DnD 3.5 rules.

If I could get everyone's interests in Class, I could then focus my typing on the requistie information, and thus turn in my application sooner. What are you interested in trying out?
Rulyon
Rulyon
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Talkal Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:42 am

At first, looking at the title I thought it was a racing game Smile (laugh at me). After reading this I can say, that this game looks good. I think I will pick a Valcii Rogue or Ranger.

What are + and - of each class? And I don't understand those tables, could tell me this in a neandertal language? Very Happy
Talkal
Talkal
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  8680 Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:55 am

There's a fuller explanation of Table 1-2 here.

More on most of the classes here.
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:56 am

I would be a Human (never liked playing other species) Talismentalist.

Talkal wrote:At first, looking at the title I thought it was a racing game (laugh at me).

Laughing I guess you were a bit justified considering the title, but still.

Talkal wrote:What are + and - of each class? And I don't understand those tables.

Abilities are Strength, Charisma, Wisdom, Intelligence, Constitution, and Dexterity. They influence how powerful you are in those areas and how much bonuses or penalties you get.

In the beginning of the game, you have a certain amount of points that you can give to each of those abilities. The "Ability Scores Cost" table shows how many points you have to pay to gain a level in an ability.

The "Ability Score Modifiers and Bonus Spells by Spell Level" table shows the bonuses and penalties you get to an ability depending on your level in that ability.

Then, you pick your race, which gives or takes away points from certain abilities depending on the race.

Finally, you pick your class, which determines the powers/feats/attacks you get.

Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Rulyon Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:37 pm

I couldn't have said it better myself, BigKahuna.

Rogue, Ranger, and Talismentalist will be the bulk of my typing today, then. Plus more if I can devote enough time and someone else tells me what they're interested in.
Rulyon
Rulyon
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Talkal Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:03 pm

Thanks bigkahuna, now I understand them Very Happy Now it looks so easy. My brain doesnt work properly because of the amount of vacation. Very Happy
Talkal
Talkal
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  AerynPierre Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:58 pm

I am leaning towards the Talismentalist, but if we already have one...might choose a Communer to spread the wealth. Esp after what I learned, lol.
AerynPierre
AerynPierre
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down