Novalia Roll 2 Dodge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Organizing a Live D&D (Pathfinder)

4 posters

Go down

Organizing a Live D&D (Pathfinder)  Empty Organizing a Live D&D (Pathfinder)

Post  Rulyon Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:58 am

As the title says, I'm looking for a few more participants in a live Pathfinder group. Two friends of mine asked me to DM for them and we need some more PCs to make a well-rounded group.

The game will be played live over a Skype call (if you don't have a Skype account they are available FREE), utilizing a live map program do everyone can see the game board as the action unfolds.

Is anyone interested? This group will be in addition to the R2D game I will be running soon, NOT instead of it.
Rulyon
Rulyon
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Organizing a Live D&D (Pathfinder)  Empty Re: Organizing a Live D&D (Pathfinder)

Post  Talkal Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:24 am

I would be interested in this, but I don't know what are the rules, and how do you play it.

@edit: Is this it? http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/gettingStarted.html
Talkal
Talkal
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Organizing a Live D&D (Pathfinder)  Empty Re: Organizing a Live D&D (Pathfinder)

Post  Rulyon Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:00 am

Yes, that is it. You could likely get by with the online resources, and pose any questions you have to me. I'm fairly well-versed in the information sources I have, and what I don't know immediately I can look up at a moment's notice.
Rulyon
Rulyon
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:31 pm

That sounds like it could be a lot of fun.

We have an international community (sounds so professional when I say it like that...), though, so how would you pull this off? Time-wise, I mean.

And were you thinking video chat, messaging or both?
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Rulyon Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:12 pm

Voice chat primarily, with the option of texting for those less inclined for voice. There's a text chat feature in the map tool I'll be using so it won't be neccesary to swap between programs.

Game times would be arraigned in advance, generally at the end of the previous game session. Drastic differences may prove detrimental in scheduling of course. Unfortunately there's no real way around it. If no time can be suitably arraigned then any particular player may not be able to participate. I may be able to pick up a game for those interested but are otherwise unable to participate in this first group.
Rulyon
Rulyon
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Saima Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:52 pm

I might be interested, if you're willing to have a younger RPer like me in your group... XD

Just a couple of questions: Would the gameplay be serious, or more relaxed? (i.e. is the RP strict)

Is a firm grasp on Pathfinder necessary?
Saima
Saima
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Rulyon Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:51 am

Most certainly willing to have younger players. The other two playing are only 20 and 16, so at 14 you'd be quite welcome! Role play is as light or heavy as you choose, I prefer to let the players set the tone. The name of the game is "relax and have a good time". The only two things I'm particularly strict about is 1) play nice and get along, and 2) make a clear distinction between IC and OOC banter.

A firm grasp on Pathfinder is not neccesary; the other two players aren't familiar either. Feel free to ask me as many questions as you can think of! Add me on Skype (JAHCzechFrost) and we can arrange to introduce you to the others. Do you have a mic?
Rulyon
Rulyon
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Saima Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:27 am

Sounds great Smile

I do have a mic on Skype, and you have been added.

Saima
Saima
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down