Novalia Roll 2 Dodge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anybody Notice... + Rather Serious Topic

+9
its_crunchtime
Saima
KeZZa 7777
ace223
Frogger5
Rulyon
JackBarber
Bigkahuna
13 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Anybody Notice... + Rather Serious Topic Empty Anybody Notice... + Rather Serious Topic

Post  Bigkahuna Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:02 pm

...my and FoolishBalloon's color change? It changed within about 15 minutes, between my brief forum checks. WE haven't changed usergroups, so it's not like we've been demoted or anything.

Either the forum is screwing with us or Dragonchampion is having a laugh while fondly regarding his creation.

In other news... Dragon has still not made contact in any way. I've messaged him in three different places.

It's time to consider a move to another forums. We could still continue here, but we lack an administrator to levy judgement and to promote new Gamemasters.

Any thoughts?
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Anybody Notice... + Rather Serious Topic Empty Re: Anybody Notice... + Rather Serious Topic

Post  JackBarber Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:47 pm

Meh, just give 'im about a month or so more, it's not like there are many other R2D specific forums around other than this one, plus we can get some things done without him...
As for your name color, it doesn't look like it's changed at all to me.
JackBarber
JackBarber
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Anybody Notice... + Rather Serious Topic Empty Re: Anybody Notice... + Rather Serious Topic

Post  Bigkahuna Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:07 pm

The color phased from Moderator blue to GM red in a 15-20 minute period.

And the issue in question was how to promote GMs. I came up with a temporary solution, so it's not too urgent, but its rather unwieldy. It was just something I wanted everyone to think about.
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Rulyon Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:24 pm

I think t'would be wise to consider a move, whether it's temporary or permanent. A forum without an active Administrator is a forum that won't last very long at all, no sir! I have some close friends with server domains; for several of them I have been their forum administrator. I know for a fact that more than one of them would be more than willing to allocate some of their available space for a forum should I but ask. Shall I?
Rulyon
Rulyon
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  8680 Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:02 pm

Rulyon wrote:I know for a fact that more than one of them would be more than willing to allocate some of their available space for a forum should I but ask. Shall I?
How much available space do they have? I know someone with unlimited space (though not ownership of the physical servers), but am rather more hesitant to request some of it.

Not that I think we should move, but if we must....
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Frogger5 Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:15 pm

Personally, I think we need to get in contact on some other social media, like twitter, (probably not any thing too personal like FB or Skype).

That way we have another form of contact should the worst happen. Starting another forum is fairly easy, but GMs should probably consider archiving their games, in case we need to migrate.
Frogger5
Frogger5
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  ace223 Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:49 am

Frogger5 wrote: (probably not any thing too personal like FB or Skype).

well, you could start a Facebook group, then we dont have to add each other (if thats the problem you are have frogger), but can contact each other through it (if your like me you check yours a lot its a good idea).

If that doesn't sound good, there are other ways to keep in contact, you/we could set up a voice server (TeamSpeak3) or mIRC, then you have simple things like Xfire, (more gaming based but...)

It really depends what kind of social media people will check often enough.
ace223
ace223
Player
Player

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:07 am

Rulyon wrote:Shall I?
I don't think it's quite necessary at the moment... But it's definitely a nice option to keep open.

How much space do they have? Would it be enough to keep up this R2D forum and the archives? I don't know about you, but there are some games in here that I wouldn't want to see lost forever.
Frogger5 wrote:Personally, I think we need to get in contact on some other social media, like twitter, (probably not any thing too personal like FB or Skype).
Can I ask why you think so?
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Frogger5 Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:26 am

Because as well as the danger of Dragonchampion not returning, theres the danger that the forum is taken down due to lack of admin and activity. Dragonchampion has voiced these concerns before, and the idea of the forum simply disappearing with us having no way of rebooting it, and only us Wesnoth users being in contact with each other, makes me want to cry. Crying or Very sad
Frogger5
Frogger5
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Rulyon Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:51 am

<cough>Ahem<cough>

My Messenger List Thread

Saima and Malregima have already added me on Skype. I think it's a great medium for communication. It can be used for individual 1-on-1 communication of change to a group conversation on the fly. It easily hosts Multi-user voice chat as well (not that it's required or anything, but for those interested it's available. Such as between AerynPierre and myself). Plus, messages sent when you're offline are loaded when you next log in, so you're always caught up. Plus there's no limit to the number of conversations you can be in at once. Which means we could have one collective "Roll2Dodge" "channel", plus each game could have it's own.

I've found Skype was quite useful for explaning various aspects of my upcoming game to Saima.
Rulyon
Rulyon
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  ace223 Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:56 am

Rulyon wrote:<cough>Ahem<cough>

Saima and Malregima have already added me on Skype. I think it's a great medium for communication. It can be used for individual 1-on-1 communication of change to a group conversation on the fly.

the only problem with using voice chat or ANY social media really is the time zone difference. Me, Frogger, JaMaS and kezza are all in Aus, there are people from america here (i believe) and i am going to assume people from all over the globe (well kind of).
I was once in a gaming clan in germany, it was a big pain to talk to them, IM or voice.
So in short, IMO, skype will not really work, apart from the pm thing
ace223
ace223
Player
Player

Back to top Go down

Post  Rulyon Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:04 am

Indeed, as I said...
Rulyon wrote:(not that it's required or anything, but for those interested it's available. Such as between AerynPierre and myself).
There are indeed Americans on the board... myself and AerynPierre (we're brothers), and I THINK a few others. Other countries represented here include Poland, Sweden, and Israel.

But it happens! :-)
Rulyon
Rulyon
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Frogger5 Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:07 am

Good point, ill put my skype name on the list.
Frogger5
Frogger5
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  ace223 Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:11 am

i think we are kind of getting off topic Very Happy

now, where and what kind of system is this site hosted on?
and seeing as you think that it might be in danger, you should ( i think) back up the games, and talk to Dragon about having Bigkahuna as an admin (or what ever its called)
ace223
ace223
Player
Player

Back to top Go down

Post  Frogger5 Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:26 am

It's hosted by forumotion for free.
Frogger5
Frogger5
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  ace223 Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:27 am

Frogger5 wrote:It's hosted by forumotion for free.

country, system specs?
ace223
ace223
Player
Player

Back to top Go down

Post  Frogger5 Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:30 am

...none of that is really important, but if you're curious then i imagine this would be the ideal place to start.
https://www.forumotion.com/
Frogger5
Frogger5
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  KeZZa 7777 Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:26 pm

I think the idea of an entire forum move would be a bit drastic as for now. Things are going satisfactory as it is.
Long term it could be a challenge, but short term till Dragonchampion returns, we will do ok.
Im sure if the forum did randomly go down there would be someone in the team who would be able to get in contact with everyone.
Thats my take on it all
P.S
If ace and Frogger could take there spec's talk to a pm that would be just swell :S
KeZZa 7777
KeZZa 7777
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Saima Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:49 pm

Maybe the rest of you people should post up your info on Rulyon's messenger program thread? Eh? Eh? Razz

Saima
Saima
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  its_crunchtime Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:11 am

I'm worried about the possibility that Dragonchampion is getting messages from Forumotion about activity warnings. We have no idea if he is or not, hence we have no idea if the forum's situation has stabilized at all.
Is there any way we can change the administrator, at least until he comes back?(If ever)
its_crunchtime
its_crunchtime
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:22 am

its_crunchtime wrote:Is there any way we can change the administrator, at least until he comes back?(If ever)
No. He's in full control of the forum.
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  FoolishBalloon Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:49 am

Are his other R2D's down? On like Wesnoth and Minecraft forums? Have you contacted him there?
FoolishBalloon
FoolishBalloon
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

http://www.spelochfiske.se

Back to top Go down

Post  Frogger5 Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:00 am

Bigkahuna's tried all three.
Frogger5
Frogger5
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  FoolishBalloon Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:18 am

Hmm... I think we ought to fix a new forum pretty soon. I could easily fix one. Any suggestions for the name?
FoolishBalloon
FoolishBalloon
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

http://www.spelochfiske.se

Back to top Go down

Post  JackBarber Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:19 am

I say it's fine as it is, there's no real BIG problems with him not being around. If the forum really does go down, then whoever creates a new one can just get all the contact information and tell people that a new one has been created, no real reason to make a new one until it's needed.
JackBarber
JackBarber
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum