Novalia Roll 2 Dodge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Archive]Roll to Dodge: The Dungeon Crawlers

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[Archive]Roll to Dodge: The Dungeon Crawlers Empty [Archive]Roll to Dodge: The Dungeon Crawlers

Post  Bigkahuna Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:15 pm

FRONT PAGE LAST UPDATED: 07 March, 2012
ROLLS LAST UPDATED: 08 March, 2012

Title: The Dungeon Crawlers
Author: Saima

Hi guys.

General Rules:

Backstory:

Inventory System:

Skills/Abilities:

Combat System:

Magic System:

Rough price guide:

Application:

Simply fill out this form.

Character name:

Race: (Any fantasy race)

Physical traits: (Eye color, etc)

Any other info: (backstory etc.)

Thanks!

Current players:

8680 (Vignarvaeri Darasv)

Ruylon (Byrssh Ryrgysshi)

Aerynpierre (Kursk Ryrgysshi)

Shinobody (Kunoiko Hachimaki)

Malregima (KookiePie)

The honored dead:

Foolishballoon

King_Pikmin (Olimar)

Mastery910 (Shadow)

Flamelasher (Raider)

Mastery910 (Nu Mou)

Darien (Nessus)

Craften

Waiting list:

Anailater

Mastery910

Last edited by Bigkahuna on Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

[Archive]Roll to Dodge: The Dungeon Crawlers Empty Re: [Archive]Roll to Dodge: The Dungeon Crawlers

Post  Bigkahuna Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:07 pm

Roll #1

Foolishballoon[2]

You close your eyes and focus on the air around you. Suddenly, you feel a breeze come from nowhere! Quickly opening your eyes, you see that it was just Byrssh opening the door.

You feel a cold chill run down your spine.. Something about the air in here seems toxic. You develop a headache.

Effects: Headache (-2 to mental rolls)

Skills: None

Magic:

Level 1 – XP: 0

inventory:

Byrssh Ryrgysshi [7]

You walk in through the front door, startling Foolishballoon. After meeting up with your friends, you go over to the innkeeper and ask him “Do you know where I could find a weapons shop? I'm looking for some pole-arms.” The innkeeper points you across the street, to a shop with the sign “Garnok Armory”. Looks nice enough.

Effects: None

Magic:

inventory:

Olimar[11]

You walk in and sit down with your friends. After saying hello, you get down to business. “What are your theories about the dungeon?” A shady figure from a nearby table overhears your conversation, and interrupts, “Those who are not affected by the disease are friends. Here. Take this.” as he hands you a leather bag with 3 silver coins in it. Immediately after, he runs off out of the inn and in to the crowds.

Magic:

inventory:

Vig[9]

You sit back, relax, and listen to the noise around you. You think back to the days before the civil war... Times of peace and prosperity. Your best friend was a fledgeling magician, and tried to teach you some of his tricks. You can remember bits and pieces of his teachings, and you now feel like you have a solid base of experience to use.

Magic:

Level 2 – XP: 20

inventory:

Darien[6]

You overhear Byrssh's conversation with the innkeeper, and decide to head over to Garnok Armory with him.

Magic:

inventory:

Game events:

The innkeeper looks slightly alarmed when the man starts talking to Olimar. Once again he asks "So what can I get for you lads? A drink? Some food?"

Locations:

Foolish: The inn

Byrssh: Just outside Garnok Armory

Olimar: The inn

Vig: The inn

Darien: Just outside Garnok Armory
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

[Archive]Roll to Dodge: The Dungeon Crawlers Empty Re: [Archive]Roll to Dodge: The Dungeon Crawlers

Post  Bigkahuna Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:08 pm

Roll #2

Foolishballoon[7]

Bracing yourself against the headache, you walk into the crowded streets. Roughly bumping into a stranger, you dip your hand in his pockets. You find a small change purse made out of leather with 8 copper in it. Oh well. Better than nothing.

Effects: Headache (-2 to mental rolls – Will wear off in 2 turns)

Magic:

inventory:

Byrssh Ryrgysshi [12]

You talk to Olimar, “Friend Olimar, would you be so kind as to allow me the use of one of your silver coins? I would gladly repay you for it plus standard gratuity. I should like to he well-armed before our adventures”, and he gladly passes you over a silver.

Walking up to the shopkeeper, you try to reason with him. “Now, I see you don't have many key lime pies here. I'll tell you what. If you give me a discount on your wares, I will sell you all of the key limes I find in the dungeons, and much more”. The dwarf seems hypnotized by your voice, and immediately agrees to lower the price of his goods for you. For your borrowed silver, he gives you 4 silver and 6 copper in store credit to spend as you please, and shows you his brother's shop, a general store (credit applies to both stores). (Look below the rolls to see the full store stock.)

Level up! You have leveled up in basic diplomacy. You can now speak much more persuasively.

Skills: Basic diplomacy

Magic:

inventory:

Olimar[12]

You agree to Byrssh's offer, and lend him one of your silver coins. Next you purchase an iron long sword for 1 silver and 2 copper.

After that, you look around the armory and begin asking people if they knew the man you just saw. One elf replies “Yes. He's Falgron, the leader of the disease investigation guild. The disease has been making people forget. Someone – or something, has been removing the monsters from the dungeons. This does not bode well with the guild. If you see any of our members, tell them the secret word “Bookaroon” to show your alliance. He slips you a health potion discreetly. “Take this. Use it to combat the graaaave eeeevil taking over this land. Or to combat living jell-o.” And with that, he runs off into the crowd.

Magic:

inventory:

Vig[2]

You keep remembering your past magic lessons, but just as you are starting to grasp the confusing concepts, the innkeeper breaks your trance. “Hey! None of you bought any drinks! This isn't a free hotel.” Shocked, you hand over 2 copper and order a beer. Quickly gulping it down, you feel like you've been cheated, and a little tipsy.

Effects: Tipsy (-1 to all actions. Goes away in 3 turns)

Magic:

inventory:

Darien[12 (yes, there were 3 12's in this roll 0_0]

You get ready to purchase a bow and 15 arrows from the shopkeeper, but see the perfect opportunity while Byrssh is bartering with the shopkeeper. You make a dash for a nearby chest behind the store's counter, and snatch up a bunch of loot. Now THIS is the proper equipment for an adventurer.

Magic:

inventory:

Flamelasher[8]

You purchase an iron short sword for 5 copper coins.

Seeing that you're almost out of money, you find a well-dressed man, and secretly grab 2 silver from his pocket. A guard almost spots you, but you dodge his glaze, and meet up with your friends at the armory.

Magic:

inventory:

Locations:

Foolish: In the street outside the inn

Byrssh: In the armory

Olimar: Outside the armory

Vig: The inn

Darien: Outside the armory

Flamelasher: Outside the armory
Armory stock:

General Store stock:
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:08 pm

Roll #3

Byrssh Ryrgysshi [8]

Laying out your demands to the armory employee, you purchase all of your weapons and armor from the shop, then move over to the general store. Noting that it's a small, wooden shop, you are surprised that there is another dwarven shopkeeper. After telling him about the deal with the armory, you lay out one copper, and leave with an enormous amount of supplies. How you are able to stuff them all in your pockets will always be a mystery.

After cheerfully saying goodbye to “Garkon Jr”, you head over to the inn. “I would like to rent a room for one hour, innkeeper.” The short man replies “Alright. That will be 3 copper.” Handing over the money, you see Kursk run up behind you.

Both of you enter the room in the back of the building, and concentrate. You recollect memories of your past lessons. Fire, water, earth and air. Those were the basic elements. Mentally grasping out, you tug on the strand of fire in your mind. A wisp of flame strikes out from your palm. You smile with glee, knowing that you now can now create fire from the void of nothingness.

You have learned Create Fire (minor)!

Magic:

Level 1 – XP: 3

Create fire (minor)

inventory:

Foolishballoon[7]

Continuing your pilfering efforts, you help yourself to another man's treasure. Deftly swiping a small iron ring from his pocket, you feel like a real thief.

After that, you head over to the popular armory, and hand over 8 copper. “Your finest bow, and 30 of your greatest arrows, please!” The shopkeeper grunts roughly, and passes you over a small bow and some arrows. “Ay. None o' that heroic stuff around here. We don't need them type o' folks.” Strange. You always heard stories about heroes being respected by all, and that was far from respect.

Effects: Headache (-2 to mental rolls – Will wear off in 1 turn)

Magic:

inventory:

Olimar[3]

You walk through the crowd of people in the street, looking for anyone who has a quest for a noble adventurer such as yourself. You walk up to a kind looking lady and ask “Ahoy! I am Olimar the Grand! I am looking for quests to train my strength, bravery, and dexterity levels. Have ye any quests for me?” In reply, the old lady flares up and screams “We have no need for you meddling questers! Leave at once if you wish to live!” Stumbling backwards, shocked, you trip on a stray rock and fall down on a sharp stone. Touching the back of you head, you can see some blood has been spilled.

Effects: Cut on the back of your head (-1 to all actions. If not treated in 3 turns, may increase in severity)

Magic:

inventory:

Vig[2]

Walking along the street, you try to think of somewhere you can safely train your fire prowess. Swaying back and forth, you can feel the effect of the Key lime Slime from the beer taking effect. You begin to spin around in circles, and eventually fall down. Getting back up and dusting yourself off, you see a strange spinning purple cloud in the distance. Nah, it's probably a hallucination.

You focus on flame and embers. Beer and limes. Flame and embers. Beer and wine. Flame and key limes. Pie and beer. Mmm.

Snapping out of your stupor, you realize that you won't be learning spells any time soon.

Effects: Drunk (-3 to mental actions. Goes away in 3 turns)

Magic:

inventory:

Kursk Ryrgysshi [2]

You curse yourself for being late. “My brother will never let me forget about this...” Seeing Byrssh, you run over to him, and follow him into the inn.

Meditating in the peace of the back room, you concentrate on the earth beneath your feet. You can feel the heat of concentration coming off of your face. It's very hot. VERY hot. You open your eyes just in time to see Byrssh shooting a flame out of his hand. Right at your face.

The pain is huge, but you can sense the feeling coming back in your face. “I'm so sorry, Kursk”. You get up, and know without looking in the mirror that you will have some serious burns.

Effects: Burned face (-1 to all actions. Additional -2 to combat. Will lessen in 3 turns.)

Magic:

inventory:

Darien[12]

You go over to the counter and ask the shopkeeper for some arrows and a bow. To your surprise, he says “Congratulations! You are our 1337th customer! You have won your order for free!”. He hands you a bow and 60 arrows, and a scroll. “This scroll is a magical scroll. When the words on it are spoken, you, and everyone around you will be teleported to my shop!” You thank the strange dwarf, and walk away.

Magic:

inventory:

Flamelasher[2]

You start tossing your sword around, aiming at invisible skeletons and mages. “Foul enemy, go back to where you came!” Unfortunately, you jab the town guard as you are lost in fantasy. “Oy! We don't appreciate your type 'round here.” Grabbing your sword, he wrenches it away from you and tosses you on the ground. “You're lucky I'm not putting you in jail for this...”

Effects: Scraped arms (-2 to combat. Will wear off in 2 turns)

Magic:

inventory:

Locations:

Foolish: Garnok armory

Byrssh: Rented room in the inn

Olimar: The main street

Vig: The main street

Darien: Outside the armory

Flamelasher: The main street

Kursk: Rented room in the inn

Game events:

As Foolish leaves the armory, he overhears this conversation. "I think he's part of the resistance. Inform the others. We'll get them in one hour, at the usual place."

The sun is starting to go down.
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:09 pm

Roll #4

Olimar[11 – 1 = 10]

Doing your best to fight back the pain coming from the back of your head, you focus on the nearby fountain. Pulling on the droplets from the water, you force them to create a sphere. You toss it at a bystander, and chuckle as he looks around, puzzled as to where the rainclouds are.

You learned Manipulate Water (minor)!

Effects: Cut on the back of your head (-1 to all actions. If not treated in 2 turns, may increase in severity)

Magic:

Level 1 – XP: 7

Manipulate Water (minor)

inventory:

Vig[4]

You stagger around the street. You know that you should try to sober up, but the happy feeling in the back of your head... It's so comforting. Perhaps if you lay down for just a minute...

You face plant on the road. God damn this cursed drink.

Effects: Drunk (-3 to mental actions. Goes away in 2 turns)

Bruised face (-1 to combat. Goes away in 3 turns)

Magic:

inventory:

Darien[11]

You find a huge tree, and begin to shoot your arrows into a knothole. After firing a volley of 25 arrows (most of them a bullseye), you go to pick them up. You see a sticky substance has seeped onto the arrows. Cautiously investigating the strange liquid, you realize it is Garzhon goo. The Garzhon tree is incredibly rare, but also very useful. Quickly smearing the goo on the tree, it solidifies almost instantly. You chip off all of it, and shove it in your pockets.

(Garzhon goo has healing powers. When heated, it reverts to a goo form, and will heal most wounds that it hardens onto)

Magic:

inventory:

Flamelasher[2]

You go over to the guard. “Give me my f***ing sword back or I'll destroy you!” He punches you in the face, and knocks you to the ground. “Bwahaha. That was too easy. You are like a little baby of a man. Walk over here to the prison cell.” He blindfolds you, and leads you through the city.

When the blindfold is taken off, you are in a small tent.

Effects: Scraped arms (-2 to combat. Will wear off in 1 turns)

Magic:

inventory:

Foolishballoon[2 – 2 = 1]

You put on the ring, hoping that it will help you on your journey.

Focusing in on the vibrating air currents around you, you condense the air around you into a small area. Unfortunately, the air pressure is pushing you towards the center of the vortex, and the oxygen is quickly running out. You begin to feel lightheaded.

Effects: Headache (-2 to mental rolls – Will wear off in 1 turn)

Suffocating: (If not dealt with, you will die in 2 turns.)

Magic:

inventory:

Byrssh Ryrgysshi [3]

You carefully pack up your belongings, making sure to place your sword on the right, and your arrows at the ready, and head out of the room. Stopping to talk to the innkeeper, you ask him about the availability of towels. “Sorry mate. No towels available for rent here. I only have a limited supply of the things, you know”. You decide to head outside.

Intently looking at the dusty ground, you begin looking for the patterns of the boots of your good friends. You find the bootprints of Flamelasher imbedded in the ground.

After following them around for a few minutes, you look at your surroundings. You are outside a large tent, with a rickety old signpost with the words “Bozkaroon” written on it. A hooded figure jumps out from behind you, and winds up a punch.

Combat begins:

Hooded figure – d10 + 2 surprise bonus V.S. Byrssh – d10 + 0

Hooded figure: 9 + 2 = 11 V.S. Byrssh: 10

The stranger winds up his punch for a second too long. You deftly dodge out of the way, rolling on the ground. You sneak a glimpse into the tent, and see Flamelasher standing there.

Magic:

Create fire (minor)

inventory:

Kursk Ryrgysshi [9 – 1 = 8]

You sit in the back room, barely even noticing Byrssh leaving. You are determined not to give up on controlling the very element beneath your feet. Tugging at a memory in the back of your mind, you recall lessons from high priest Valknoth.

Step one: Relax.
Step two: Reach out for the element.
Step three: Open your eyes.

You open your eyes, and see a ball of dense rock floating just above your hand. Focusing even harder, you compact the rock into a perfect sphere. Maybe it'll come in handy sometime.

You have learned Manipulate Earth (minor)!

Realizing that your time here is done, you walk out into the street, looking for the others.

Effects: Burned face (-1 to all actions. Additional -2 to combat. Will lessen in 2 turns.)

Magic:

Manipulate Earth (minor)

inventory:

Locations:

Foolish: Outside Garnok armory

Byrssh: On the ground, outside the tent

Vig: The main street

Darien: Just off the main street

Flamelasher: Inside the tent

Kursk: Outside the inn

Game events:

The hooded figure jumps impossibly high, disappearing from the fresh night sky, leaving behind a small metal object. A ticking sound can be heard from it, getting faster and faster.

At the main road, 4 similarly cloaked men jump down from store roofs. One speaks up, in a gravelly voice.
"If you 5 know what's good for you, you'll come with us. The Bozkaroon will end all pain and suffering from your mind."

Several villagers walk out of the town buildings, all wearing purple scarves with the word "BOZKAROON" embroidered in bright orange on them. The innkeeper speaks in a calm, soothing voice.
"Now now, don't be so brash. The choice is yours to make. Accept the Bozkaroon, or withstand eternal pain."

The choice is yours. Do you investigate this Bozkaroon, or fight them?

The tent is a 1-minute run away from the main street.
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:10 pm

Roll #5

Kursk Ryrgysshi [6 – 1 = 5]

You speak to the innkeeper, as he seems to be the leader of the group. “Give us more information about the Bozkaroon. It would be ignorant to force us to make a decision about something we don't understand.”

The innkeeper replies, “Fair enough. I have pledged my allegiance to the Bozkaroon, a greater being than you could even imagine. In return, it gives me strength, agility, and wealth. I am Gozdron. Assist me, and you will experience things you never thought you would. I know you have been through many tough times. The Bozkaroon will help.”

Effects: Burned face (-1 to all actions. Additional -2 to combat. Will lessen in 1 turn.)

Magic:

Manipulate Earth (minor)

inventory:

Olimar[6 – 1 due to cut – 1 due to reasons below = 4]

You shout the word “Bozkaroon” at the figures. The innkeeper replies “Yes. Accept the Bozkaroon. It will end all suffering in this world.”, and walks closer.

As he slowly walks towards you, you realize your mistake. Bookaroon was the sign of resistance. Not knowing exactly what you just said, you back away.

“Now, what is the matter, Olimar? You have spoken the words of alliance with us. Accept the Bozkaroon!” He pulls out a vial with a purple substance in it. “Come willingly, and you will not be harmed.”

Effects: Cut on the back of your head (-1 to all actions. If not treated in 1 turn, may increase in severity)

Magic:

Manipulate Water (minor)

inventory:

Foolishballoon[2]

You frantically flail around in the air-vortex you have created, trying your best to get out. Unfortunately, your strenuous movements cause you to use up more of your oxygen. Looking up at the night sky, you notice that is is turning purple. In fact, the whole village around you is turning purple. You feel a steady hand pulling you towards the sky, and you let go of your physical body. A strange peace falls over your mind, and your vision fades away.

You are dead! Thank you for playing.

Byrssh Ryrgysshi [11]

Deftly swooping into the tent, you smash the town guard to the ground, freeing Flamelasher. After warning him against the ominous ticking, you both run to the center of the street, where the hooded figures are forming a circle around your friends.

Making sure to stay out of sight, you fire an arrow at one of the figures.

Combat: Byrssh (d10 + 3 due to surprise) V.S. Hooded figure (d10)

Byrssh: 5 + 3 = 8 V.S. Hooded figure: 7

The arrow grazes his left ear, going through the cloth hood, and cutting his skin. You see a purple shape leaking out of his bloodstream. He yells an ear-splitting yowl, and drops to the floor.

Magic:

Create fire (minor)

inventory:

Flamelasher[10]

You sneak up behind the guard, motioning Byrssh to come in and be quiet. He smashes the giant guard to the ground, and you prepare to crack his neck.

Flamelasher: d10 - 2 V.S. Guard: d10 – 4

Flamelasher: 5 – 2 = 3 V.S. Guard: 1 – 4 = 0

Kicking him roughly in the head, you hear the satisfying crunch of bones moving in ways that they really shouldn't. You grab both swords from the ground, and notice a small vial of purple liquid on the ground. You pick it up, and then follow Byrssh to the main street, where you see the mob of people surrounding your group of friends.

Effects: Scraped arms (-2 to combat. Will wear off in 1 turns)

Magic:

inventory:

Darien[1]

You bolt. Letting your instincts take over, you run and run for what seems like 15 minutes. Finally looking around, you see that you haven't actually moved at all. You notice that all around you is a transparent blue glow. It dims, and one of the hooded figures says “Now don't you try that again. The orb needs time to recharge, and I'll be forced to kill you.”

With that, he opens his palm towards you, and a red beam shoots out of his hand. An electrifying shock surges through your body, and you fall to the ground, feeling incredibly weak.

Effects: Weakened (-3 to physical actions. Will wear off in 2 turns)

Magic:

inventory:

Vig[8]

Gritting your teeth, you attempt to focus through this ridiculous haze. Pushing aside the slime from your mind, you see the world clearly for the first time since you took a sip of that awful liquid. Seeing that the situation in the main street isn't getting much better, you quietly sneak out of the area, towards Flamelasher and Byrssh.

Effects: Bruised face (-1 to combat. Goes away in 2 turns)

Magic:

inventory:

Locations:

Byrssh: Hidden a few steps away from the main street

Flamelasher: Hidden a few steps away from the main street

Vig: Hidden a few steps away from the main street

Darien: The main street

Kursk: The main street

Game events:

It is now completely dark, and an ominous thunderbolt can be heard coming from far away. The villagers have now made a complete circle around Olimar, Darien, and Kursk, blocking them from moving.

The hooded figure that Byrssh shot falls to the ground, screaming in agony. Several villagers cart him away quickly, and you can hear shouts of anger
"Save me, heroes! I am MHHHH" before he is gagged.

Gozdron speaks up,
"Well, heroes? What is your decision?"

Thank you for playing Foolish. I'm only going to allow 6 players from now on, as I found it quite hard to roll for 7 people at a time. Feel free to sign up for the waiting list, if you are so inclined. Smile
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:10 pm

Roll #6

Darien[10 – 3 = 7]

Quietly pulling your body up from the ground, you grab your bow and an arrow. Your body is pulling you down to the ground, to rest, but you know you must fight on.

Notching an arrow, you aim at a large crowd of villagers. You let go of the arrow, and it flies into the crowd, hitting one man, who falls down to the ground in agony, with the same purple substance leaking out of his blood.

You have time to do this two more times, with similar successes before the weakness grabs hold of you again. Falling back to the ground, you see Flamelasher flying around in a frenzy.

Level up! You have leveled up in basic bow skills. You can now aim bows much more precisely.

Effects: Weakened (-3 to physical actions. Will wear off in 1 turn)

Skills: Basic bow skills

Magic:

inventory:

Olimar[7 – 1 due to cut = 6]

You grab the vial of purple liquid, and take a swig. Gozdron laughs and says “Olimar, that's not how it works. The cut on your head will be perfect... Go with Bozdow. He will help you with the process.”

With that, he pulls out a small dagger from his vest and deepens the cut on the back of your head. You grit your teeth, and withstand the intense pain. Blood is dripping from the cut, but you feel invigorated from the pain.

A man speaks up. “I am Bozdow. Come with me, Olimar.” He is wearing a purple hood, and his eyes are a deep royal purple.

Effects: Deep cut on the back of your head (-1 to all actions. If not treated in 3 turn, may become infected)

Magic:

Manipulate Water (minor)

inventory:

Byrssh Ryrgysshi [11]

You whisper to Kursk about your theory. Shouting at your friends to cut the villagers, you gracefully toss your sheathed sword to your brother.

Getting low to the ground, you become an arrow-firing machine. Launching 6 at villagers, you see the same purple blobs oozing to the floor, congregating in a small pool of blood and stench. Several shouts of pain from the afflicted people can be heard, but you are confidant that you are doing the correct thing.

One of the hooded figures lunges at you with a small knife with the purple substance on the tip of it.

Hooded figure: d10 + 2 V.S. Byrssh: d10

Hooded figure: 2 + 2 = 4 V.S. Byrssh: 5

Seeing the man coming towards you, you swiftly strafe to the left and stick out your leg. He trips over it, and face plants in the ground.

Several villagers see this occurrence, and pull out their weapons.

Magic:

Create fire (minor)

inventory:

Kursk Ryrgysshi [8- 1 = 7]

You fall in perfect sync with Byrssh, dropping down and catching the sword in one smooth swoop. Unsheathing the sword, you spin around in an arc. You slash through the pants of several villagers, letting the purple liquid fall to the ground. About 6 villagers were affected, and they fall down to the ground, yelling just like the other affected people.

An orcish villager steps forward from the mob, and tosses a throwing knife coated in the purple substance at you.

Orcish villager: d12 V.S. Kursk: d10

Orcish villager: 7 V.S. Kursk: 5

The knife grazes your left hand, causing a small wound to open. Luckily, the purple sludge did not enter your system, so while you may be in some pain, you are fairly sure nothing serious is going to come of it.

Effects: Scarred face (Will wear off in 5 turns.)

Cut on left hand (-2 to actions using that hand. Will lessen in 1 turn.)

Magic:

Manipulate Earth (minor)

inventory:

Vig[10]

Seeing that there are still about 25 villagers being affected by the purple goo, you speedily jump from person to person, clawing at their knees and ankles and apologizing for the inconvenience.

When you snap out of your pattern of jumping and slashing, you see that you have “freed” 12 people. 2 of the still standing people charge at you, and begin to attack.

Villager 1: d10 V.S. Vig: d10

Villager 1: 8 V.S. Vig: 9 -1 = 8

Barely moving out of the way in time, you dodge to the right, while the sword-wielding man went to the left. This is good for the immediate situation, but you can see the second man charging at you with some sort of polearm.

Villager 2: d10 V.S. Vig: d10

Villager 2: 9 V.S. Vig: 10 – 1 = 9

You duck below the precisely aimed lance, rolling towards a large tree, which you hope will give you some cover.

Effects: Bruised face (-1 to combat. Goes away in 1 turn)

Magic:

inventory:

Flamelasher[2]

You take the longsword that you stole from the guard and roughly slice off one of the villager's ears. Yes. You see the blood flowing from his head. You must have more. You black out, and when you see the light shining from the moon again, all around you is a bloody battlefield. You estimate that you have killed 8 people, 6 of which had already been cut to release them of the purple substance.

Effects: Bloodthirsty (-1 to any violent actions, and you may drop into a frenzy. Wears off after 2 turns of no violent actions.)

Magic:

inventory:

Locations:

Darien: In the center of the mob

Olimar: Near Bozdow, in the center of the mob

Byrssh: A few steps away from the mob

Kursk: In the center of the mob

Vig: A few steps away from the mob

Flamelasher: A few steps away from the mob

Game events:

Seeing the massive carnage, Gozdron screams "You will regret this! Olimar. Come with us if you wish to complete this process!" and begins to run away with the 10 or so still standing villagers.

An ominous purple cloud begins to form over the horizon, and you can hear faint moans coming from it.

A slimy, harsh sound can be heard coming from the inn.

Dunn.

Dunnn.

DUNNN!
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:11 pm

Roll #7

Darien[4 + 1 (basic bow skills) = 5]

Feeling the weakness slowly leave your body, you prepare to exact your revenge on Gozdron. Pulling back an arrow, you make sure your shot is lined up perfectly.

In the time you were lining up your shot, Gozdron extended his palm. Shouting “Azkon Bizhani!”, he shot out a blue bolt from his hand. When the beam hits you, it envelops you in a blue sphere. Aiming your shot, you see that everything outside the bubble is moving much faster than it should be. You walk out of the sphere without consequence, and notice that the second you stepped out, time reverted back to normal. Unfortunately, in the time it took you to realize what was going on, Gozdron escaped with his 10 followers.

Magic:

inventory:

Byrssh Ryrgysshi [6]

You quickly get in a position to shoot the quickly-disappearing figure of Gozdron. “Azkon Worbano!” He shoots out another bolt from his hand, with this one being purple. The instant it hits, you black out.

When you open your eyes again, the sun is shining brightly, and you see someone who looks just like you... Strikingly. You overhear him saying “I would like to rent a room for one hour, innkeeper. “... Strange. You said that just a few hours ago.

You wake up, lying on the rough ground. It is dark outside, as it should be. Glancing at the purple cloud overhead, you are fairly sure you've returned to your normal space-time continuum.

You shout over to the group “I don't think this is over yet, friends!”. Kursk nods, knowingly.

Magic:

Create fire (minor)

inventory:

Olimar[7 – 1 due to cut = 6]

Seeing Bozdow beckoning you to come with him, you run up to him and pull out your longsword.

Stabbing him through the eye, he turns around, and looks at you with his one good eye. “You will come to regret that, Olimar.” You pull out your sword, and you see a purple portal open up two steps from you. Gozdron hops out from it, and you can see he now has a black scar running the length of his jaw. He picks up Bozdow, and before you can react, he runs back through the portal, sealing it.

Walking through the maze of injured bodies, you head over to the inn.

Effects: Deep cut on the back of your head (-1 to all actions. If not treated in 2 turn, may become infected)

Magic:

Manipulate Water (minor)

inventory:

Kursk Ryrgysshi [8]

Glancing at the purple cloud, you can see that it alive with shining purple, blue, and red bolts of light. Listening to the noises coming from the inn, you hear the sounds of bones clattering and slimes oozing.

You walk over to the aftermath of the massive carnage that occurred just minutes ago. One of the villagers sits up, and whispers “Thank you. The Bozkaroon had us all trapped in our own minds. We must destroy it. No more lives will go to waste.”, and then falls back down. Inspecting the other villagers, you see that about 8 of them have serious injuries that they probably won't live through. They all seem to be unconscious, with scratches ranging from simple cuts on their legs to gashes showing their guts. You manage to tear up some cloth from people's shirts, and you use them to bandage all of the minor cuts you can.

Effects: Scarred face (Will wear off in 4 turns.)

Minor cut on left hand (-1 to actions using that hand. Will lessen in 1 turn.)

Magic:

Manipulate Earth (minor)

inventory:

Vig[6]

Sitting down on the ground, you close your eyes, and begin to control your breathing. Grasping out at the straws of knowledge from your previous attempts, you focus on the ground below you. Gritting your teeth, you stick out your palm. Raising your hand, you can feel rumbling earth from below your feet.

Opening your eyes, you stand up, and throw your arm into the air. A chunk of rock flies up into the air, breaking through the dirt. You lower your hand, and it falls back down. Sweet.

Skills: Manipulate Earth

Magic:

inventory:

Flamelasher[4]

Taking your short sword, you prepare to execute a daring maneuver. Tossing it towards a tree, you try to curve it so that it will come back to you. You can see it flying back, and then it hits you.

No, it really does hit you. Looking down at your right arm, you see that it pushed in about 1 inch. Blood is running down your shirt, and the pain is shooting up your arm.

Effects: Bloodthirsty (-1 to any violent actions, and you may drop into a frenzy. Wears off after 2 turns of no violent actions. (1 more))

Short sword in right arm (-1 to all actions, due to the pain. Additional -4 to any actions using that arm. Will heal with the sword in your arm in 3 turns)

Magic:

inventory:

Game events:

Gozdron and the 10 or so remaining villagers run to the west, towards the town of Wozkin.

The purple cloud has moved closer, and is now directly overhead of the party. Loud crunching noises and screams can be heard from somewhere in the inn.

The moons are shining brightly, but it's a long time till the light of day.

Locations:

Darien: Main street

Byrssh: Main street

Olimar: Next to the inn

Kursk: Main street

Vig: Main street

Flamelasher: Main street
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:11 pm

Roll #8

Vig[6]

You close your eyes, and extend your palm towards the ground. Bringing forth your knowledge of earth manipulation, you push the ground together, under immense pressure. From this pressure, the dirt squeezed together to make solid obsidian. Carving half of the obsidian into the shape of a halberd, you become incredibly tired from this effort. Using your last spare energy, you pull the halberd and the remaining chunk of obsidian up from the ground, and set it beside you.

You walk towards the inn, following Byrssh through the twisting passageways.

Effects: Tired (-1 to all physical actions. Wears off in 1 turn)

Magic:

Level 2 – XP: 27

inventory:

Byrssh Ryrgysshi [8]

Preparing yourself for battle, you arm your bow, and head into the inn. It seems deserted, so you follow the horrible sounds, leading you up to a crumbling wooden door.

Opening the door, you almost faint from shock. Looking through the threshold, you see something that you've been told about all of your life. A dungeon.

Yes. The cold stone walls... The eerie sounds. Indeed, this is what you've been looking for. Stepping inside, you see two flickering torches mounted to the wall, two doors, and a small wooden chest.

Opening up the chest, you find a necklace made out of a green gemstone, and a bronze key.

The two doors are on the left and right of the room, and are made of plain wood.

Magic:

Create fire (minor)

inventory:

Darien[6 (bow skills don't apply to training)]

Notching an arrow, you line up a shot, aiming at a nearby tree. Letting go of the arrow, it flies straight and true towards the tree, imbedding itself in the bark of the tree. Walking over to it, and wrenching it out, you notice that a lot of your friends are heading over to the inn.

Following them in, you start walking through the winding hallways of the inn.

Magic:

inventory:

Kursk Ryrgysshi [7]

You equip Byssh's short sword in your newly-healed left hand, wiping the blood from it's hilt. Walking with Byrssh and Vig, you enter the dungeon.

The first thing that you see when you enter the room is a discolored patch of stone. Carefully tapping it with the sword, the discolored section crumbles to dust.

Behind that panel, you find a key made out of a clear blue gemstone. Sweet.

Effects: Scarred face (Will wear off in 3 turns.)

Magic:

Manipulate Earth (minor)

inventory:

Olimar[4 – 1 = 3]

Stumbling around, you walk into the inn. Barely being able to keep your breathing steady, you say “Anyone here? I need a bandage!”. Unfortunately, your pleas fall upon no ears. Stumbling down the passageway, you follow Vig, Byrssh, and the others.

You can barely focus, and you feel lightheaded.

Effects: Deep cut on the back of your head (-1 to all actions. If not treated in 1 turn, may become infected)

Magic:

Manipulate Water (minor)

inventory:

Flamelasher[~]

You exclaim in pain. “Ouch! Guys... Any help?” But they've already headed into the inn. You decide to follow them in, and you can see Olimar on the floor, bleeding badly.

Effects: Short sword in right arm (-1 to all actions, due to the pain. Additional -4 to any actions using that arm. Will heal with the sword in your arm in 2 turns)

Magic:

inventory:

Locations:

Vig: Just outside the dungeon

Byrssh: First room in the dungeon

Darien: Just outside the dungeon

Kursk: First room in the dungeon

Olimar: Passageway leading to the dungeon

Flamelasher: Passageway leading to the dungeon
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:13 pm

Roll #9

Darien[4]

Preparing yourself for battle, you draw your sword, and open the left door. Walking through, you see... Nothing. The room is in complete darkness, and the light from the entrance room doesn't seem to spill over. You step back, and the door closes slowly.

Mysterious. Turning around to tell your friends about your discovery, you notice that the room has changed. While before it was made out of gray stone, the walls have transformed into a purple, oozing slimy wall. And you can't see anyone else.

No doors. No people. Where's the light coming from, anyways?

Magic:

inventory:

Byrssh Ryrgysshi [1]

You take one of the torches off the wall, and it promptly burns out. Deciding that you should re-light it, you create a flame to re-ignite the torch, and it blazes back into flame. Unfortunately, a spark of fire flies off the torch, and hits the right door, burning it to ashes within a minute.

Now, that wouldn't be a problem normally, but there is a giant key lime pie behind the door. A flying giant key lime pie. It flies out from the room, and begins to attack you by smashing you to the ground.

Giant flying key lime pie: d12 + 2 V.S. Byrssh: d10 + 1

GFKLP: 11 + 2 = 13 V.S. Byrssh: 9 + 1 = 10

The massive animated pastry flaps it's mighty wings, and begins to charge you. Doing your best to run out of the way, you dodge to the left, and the GFKLP turns to follow you. Backed into a corner, you have nowhere left to run, so you brace yourself for impact.

SLAM!

The massive pie crushes you into the wall, and you feel a massive pain shoot through your right arm.

Effects: Right arm crushed (-3 to actions using the right arm. Goes away in 3 turns.)

Magic:

Create fire (minor)

inventory:

Vig[3]

Using the last of your energy, you attempt to shape the chunk of obsidian into some sort of weapon. Wiping the sweat from your brow, you finish the manipulation. CRACK! Looking down at the ground, you see that the obsidian has shattered into hundreds of pieces.

Falling down to the ground, drenched in a mental downpour of exhaustion, you can't even get up to follow Darien.

Effects: Exhausted (-3 to all physical actions. Wears off in 1 turn)

Magic:

Level 2 – XP: 29

inventory:

Kursk Ryrgysshi [10]

Examining the room, you notice another discolored area of stone. Tapping it with your hand once again causes it to crumble to dust, revealing a small keyhole.

Using your key in the lock, you hear a series of gears turning, and the left door opens. Looking through, you see a glass wall, with Darien behind it. He does not seem to be able to see you, hovever.

Effects: Scarred face (Will wear off in 2 turns.)

Magic:

Manipulate Earth (minor)

inventory:

Flamelasher[~]

You wait for Byrssh to come heal you. Surely he'll come soon. You just need to wait.

….

Where is he?

You feel the flesh by your wound beginning to close up, and you wonder if leaving your sword in your arm is going to be the best idea after all.

Effects: Short sword in right arm (-1 to all actions, due to the pain. Additional -4 to any actions using that arm. Will heal with the sword in your arm in 1 turn)

Magic:

inventory:

Olimar[7 - 1]

Focusing on keeping your breath regular and relaxing, you say “Anyone? We're both sort of injured here.”

Oh well... You lie down, and apply pressure to the back of your head. It seems to help, and you can feel the blood flowing from the cut slowing down. It still hurts like hell though.

Effects: Cut on the back of your head (-1 to all actions. You don't know when it will go away. You're not a doctor )

Magic:

Manipulate Water (minor)

inventory:

Locations:

Darien: Left room

Byrssh: Main room

Vig: Just outside entrance to dungeon

Kursk: Main room

Olimar: Passageway leading to the dungeon

Flamelasher: Passageway leading to the dungeon
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:14 pm

Roll #10

Olimar[1 – 1 = 0]

Searching around aimlessly for a bathroom, you start to feel a tingling in the back of your head. Ignoring it, you find a room labeled “Toilets”. You enter the room, just to be disappointed with an “under construction” sign.

You begin to feel a little too hot.. It's boiling in here. You rip off your clothes, but it's still too hot.

Now it's cold. Way too cold. You begin to thrash around without any control. What is going on?..

Your vision starts going blurry, and you feel very tired. Maybe if you just close your eyes...

When you wake up, you can't move or talk. But, you are moving. What is going on?..

You are incapacitated. Thank you for playing!

Flamelasher[5 – 1 = 4]

Seeing that nobody is going to help you, you decide to rip that sword out. Using your left hand, you grasp the hilt, and take a deep breath. Here goes nothing.

“AAAAAHHH!!!”

You scream in agony, and fall down on the floor. You can feel the blood seeping from your arm, and a shockwave of pain washes over your. You pass out.

When you open your eyes, you look at your arm, and see that there is a huge tear in your skin that is bleeding deeply.

Effects: Hole in right arm (-2 to all actions, due to the pain. Additional -4 to any actions using that arm. Will heal in 3 turns.)

Magic:

inventory:

Vig[~]

You stumble to your feet, and walk into the dungeon.

Seeing the giant pie flying around, you wield your halberd, and prepare to slice it's wings off.

Vig: d10 – 3 V.S. GFKLP: d10

Vig: 5 – 3 = 2 V.S. GFKLP: 3

Feeling the weight of exhaustion pull you down again, you attempt to hit the wings of the giant pastry. Your aim was quite off, however, and even though the GFKLP was practically stationary, you miss hitting it altogether. You can feel your strength coming back, and figure you might have another go later.

Magic:

inventory:

Kursk Ryrgysshi [10]

You sit down, and focus. Reaching out with your mind, you break off a chunk of the stone wall. And then another. And another. Indeed, you broke off 5 chunks of rock from the wall, and then proceeded to apply immense inwards pressure, crushing them into the perfect size for throwing.

As you do this, you feel like you understand the manipulation of earth more clearly... It's not complete, but you might be able to increase your knowledge more easily in the future.

Effects: Scarred face (Will wear off in 1 turn.)

Magic:

Level 1 – XP: 18

Manipulate Earth (minor)

Manipulate Earth (incomplete)

inventory:

Darien[11]

Drawing your sword, you step closer to the purple walls. Scraping the blade against the wall, you take a small coating of slime off the wall. You hear a metallic voice say “Item: Wrocherr gel. Uses: Antiseptic and pain killer when blended into liquid”.

You scrape off the gel from your sword, and place it in your healing potion. It fizzes and bubbles, changing the color of the potion from red to royal purple.

After you cleared a large portion of the wall of the gel, you notice the outline of a door. Tapping on it cautiously, that chunk of stone crumbles to dust, revealing the main dungeon room behind it.

Magic:

inventory:

Byrssh Ryrgysshi [8]

Cutting through the pain in your mind, you remember the techniques to conjure fire. Sticking out your left arm, you create flame from nothing. You send it towards the GFKLP, and grin when it ignites it's wings, causing the pie to fall to the ground.

Inspecting it, you notice that it has seemingly reverted to a non-sentient desert, albeit giant and scorched.

Effects: Right arm crushed (-3 to actions using the right arm. Goes away in 2 turns.)

Magic:

Level 1 – XP: 8

Create fire (minor)

inventory:

Locations:

Darien: Left room

Byrssh: Main entrance

Vig: Main entrance

Kursk: Main entrance

Flamelasher: Outside the main entrance

Game events:

Byrssh hears a strange moaning from the passageways leading up to the dungeon. Shrugging it off as his imagination, he decides not to tell anyone.

Olimar steps into the room and says,
"Hey guys. What happened while I was away?".

He looks slightly different. His eyes have shifted to a purple-blue color, and his skin seems very pale.

"Ah! A dungeon. Great!"
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:14 pm

Roll #11

Byrssh Ryrgysshi [5]

Heading through the frame of a door on the right, you are greeted with another gray stone room. Great.

Looking around, you can see 3 doors.

The one on the left has a red glow.
The one on the right has a blue glow.
The one in the center is made out of iron.

All three seem to have a lock.

The room is lit up by 4 torches, hanging in metal braces on the wall.

Seeing that Olimar does not look like himself, you say “Olimar, you look sick. Perhaps you should go and rest.” However, he does not seem to agree, and just scowls at you.

Effects: Right arm crushed (-3 to actions using the right arm. Goes away in 1 turn)

Magic:

Create fire (minor)

inventory:

Flamelasher[4 (pain doesn't apply here)]

Screaming in agony, you begin to roll on the floor. You start to hear a voice in your head, however it is too faint to be understood.

The pain... It seems to be receding, however slowly. Instead, it's being replaced with a funny warm tingle.. Strange. Just as the heat in your arm increased, the volume of the voice grew louder as well. Still nothing but a meaningless drone, however.

Effects: Hole in right arm (-2 to all actions, due to the pain. Additional -3 to any actions using that arm. Will heal in 2 turns.)

Magic:

inventory:

Darien[4]

Walking through the newly created doorway, you see Olimar and the others in the main room. Looking cautiously at the giant pie on the ground, you greet your friends. After explaining what happened, you decide to head through the right door with them.

Magic:

inventory:

Kursk Ryrgysshi [6 + 2 = 8]

Reminding yourself that you should really learn how to create the earth, you continue your concentration.

Closing your eyes, you see shapes flying past a black background. Seeing a ball of stone, you grab it, pulling hard. It seems to resist quite a bit, but you give it one last tug, and open your eyes.

Sitting on the ground next to you are two perfect spheres, just about the same size as the last ones. Success!

Magic:

Level 1 – XP: 22

Manipulate Earth (minor)

Create Earth

inventory:

Vig[12]

Finally ridden of your haze of lime beer and exhaustion, you feel like you should use your level-headed time wisely.

Sitting down next to Kursk, you can feel the magical energy emanating from him. Latching on to his knowledge, your mind goes blank.

Darkness. Everything around you is darkness. But what was that? A spark!

Reaching out with your mind to touch the spark, you experience something amazing. The fire seems to bind with your very soul, intertwining with your physical and mental bodies. The flame is the one point of light in the darkness. Moving closer to it, you are shocked to see that you do not feel the heat from the flame. Instead, you feel a strange calm wash over your body. Yes. The flame is yours now.

You open your eyes, feeling extremely relaxed. Standing up, Kursk jumps away from you, and says “Vig! What is going on?”. Looking at your hands, you see that your left hand is glowing bright red, and your right is glowing a strange color that seems to shift from orange to purple.

“I am alright friend. I have mastered the flame.”

Skills: Fire manipulating hands

Magic: Manipulate Earth

Create Fire

Manipulate Fire (minor)

Level 2 – XP: 37

inventory:

Olimar[~]

Olimar walks through the right door, breathing heavily. When he is in the middle of the room, he yells “Azkon Worbano!”, and disappears in a flash of purple energy.

Game events:

Just as Olimar disappears, a yell comes from behind the iron door. "Hello? Where am I? Help me!"

Locations:

Byrssh: Room to the right

Flamelasher: Outside the dungeon

Darien: Room to the right

Kursk: Main entrance to dungeon

Vig: Main entrance to dungeon
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:15 pm

Roll #12

Vig[11]

Walking through the ashy remains of the right door, you walk into the next room. You are greeted by the iron door. You hear the screams emanating from behind it, bouncing from each corner of the room, always directed into your ear.

It's overwhelming. It's as if someone is holding a megaphone up to your ear.

You steady your thoughts, making sure that you won't botch this up. Reaching out to the floor around the iron door, you begin to rock it. Back and forth... Ever so gently.

CRACK!

A gap forms in the foundation of the floor supporting the door.

Now is the time. You whip your hands towards the red glowing door, and the earth around the floor follows. Debris scatters everywhere, and you dodge the flying chunks of stone just in time.

The door, suddenly realizing that nothing is holding it in place, promptly decides to fall down.

Behind that door is a golden-scaled man, who ceases the shouting. He says “Thanks. I just woke up here, and I have no idea where I came from. My name is Shadow.”

Create Fire

Manipulate Fire (minor)

Create Earth

Level 2 – XP: 50

inventory:

Kursk Ryrgysshi [7]

Following Vig into the next room, you both decide to use the earth, albeit in different ways.

Closing your eyes, you let the void of thought take over your mind. A flame. A drop of water. A gust of wind. All of those shapes pass by your mind, but they are not what you want.

Ah. There it is. You pull the stone out of your mind, twisting it into the physical world. Stretching and expanding it, you shape it somewhat like a potter manipulates clay.

Perfect. Looking at the room, you feel proud of your work: A jutting wall of stone sticking out from the floor. Why you put it there, you don't know. But it looks amazing. The natural art that stone makes is really beautiful.

Magic:

Level 1 – XP: 28

Manipulate Earth (minor)

Create Earth

inventory:

Flamelasher[~]

As you are walking towards your friends, the voice in your head gets louder. You can hear distinct words now. “The Bozkaroon. The Bozkaroon. The Bozkaroon.”

Freaking out, you run towards the dungeon, yelling “Help! I have a hole in my arm! Anyone?”

They seem to all have gone to the room on the right. Why the hell are they not helping you?!

Effects: Hole in right arm (-2 to all actions, due to the pain. Additional -3 to any actions using that arm. Will heal in 1 turn.)

Magic:

inventory:

Byrssh Ryrgysshi [8]

Trying your key in the iron door, you see that it does not fit. Seeing that the floor you are standing on is shaking back and forth, you decide to step away from the door and try the glowing red door.

WRRRRGGHHNN!

A series of gears grind behind the the stone wall, and the door clicks open.

Behind the door is a chest. Opening it up, you see a red orb. Picking it up, you stash it in your pockets.

The rest of the room seems empty, with just plain stone walls.

Effects: Right arm crushed (-3 to actions using the right arm. Goes away in 1 turn)

Magic:

Create fire (minor)

inventory:

Darien[1]

Walking towards the iron door, you see that Byrssh didn't open it.

Might as well just stand here... Someone will figure it out.

FWSSSHHH!

A shard of stone hits you straight in your back.

“VIG!”

You feel your back, and feel the blood flowing from your shoulder blade.

Effects: Stone in shoulder blade (-1 to all actions. Additional -2 to physical actions. Will heal with stone in your skin in 3 turns.)

Magic:

inventory:
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Roll #13

Kursk Ryrgysshi [6]

Staring at your handiwork, you become rather proud. “Amazing. Did you see that? I just made a wall of stone from nothing!”

Deciding to help close Raider's wound, you tear off a section of your shirt, unraveling it into a long thread.

You sit down, and focus on the earth element spinning around your mind. Grasping out for a small chunk of stone, you begin to shape it. Whittling it bit by bit, you form a rudimentary needle out of stone.

Coming back to the real world, you open your palm, and see your stone needle sitting there.

You walk over to Raider, and ask him to hold still. Threading the needle, you sew up his injury, between his jolts of pain.

Magic:

Level 2 – XP: 30

Manipulate Earth

Create Earth

inventory:

Vig[6]

You greet the new adventurer, "Welcome to the party, Shadow. I'm Vignarvaeri Darasv, but you can call me Vig.". He smiles and thanks you for your welcoming.

Seeing the stone sticking out of Darien's shoulder, you decide to help him out. You extend your hands towards his shoulder, and feel a mental grasp on the stone shard. Tugging your palms back, you send the shard flying, luckily this time onto the floor. You see a heavy flow of blood pouring from his cut now, and he seems to be in more pain than before.

You feel more versed in the art of magic than ever before... The once confusing arts of shadow and light seem clear to you now.

Create Fire

Manipulate Fire (minor)

Create Earth

Level 3 – XP: 55

inventory:

Darien[9 – 1 = 8]

“AARGH!”

You feel the shard in your shoulder wedging itself out of your flesh. The pain is immense, but short.

Touching the afflicted area, you notice that the flesh has already started to heal over.

Deciding to explore the room with “Wrorcherr Gel” in it again, you walk through the main entrance room, where the burnt key lime pie still sits.

Entering the room, you notice that the gel has completely disappeared from the walls. Behind the still-sticky stone, you see a glass panel with a scroll in it. Easily taking the panel off, you read the scroll out loud. “Azkon Bizhani!”

Nothing seems to change, so you walk back to the room where your friends are. However, not everything is as it should be. They are moving in slow motion, while you feel fine.

Within seconds of entering the room again, time speeds back up to normal.

New spells have been added to the known spells list!

Effects: Deep cut in shoulder blade (-1 to all actions. Additional -2 to physical actions. Will heal in 2 turns.)

Magic:

Level 1 – XP: 6

Minor knowledge of Time Slow (minor)

inventory:

Shadow[1]

You reply to Vig, “Greetings Vig, I'm sorry to get you startled. I don't know how I got here. My whole mind is a blur.”. He smile back at you, and welcomes you to the group.

You sit down and close your eyes, trying to find knowledge of water in the crevices of your mind, but you can only hear one thing in the back of your head. “Blah blah blah blah...” It's taking over your mind. The incessant drone of the metallic voice in your head is driving you insane!

You throw yourself at the floor, trying to get the endless string of nonsense out of your brain. It just scratches up your face, with the “Blah blah blah” continuing on behind you, like a soundtrack.

Effects: Going crazy (-1 to all mental actions. Every failed mental action (5 or less) adds 1 to this debuff.)

Magic:

inventory:

Flamelasher[4 - 2 = 2]

You walk into the right room, and see Kursk conjuring up a needle. You prepare yourself as best as you can for the imminent pain of your flesh being sewn up.

You grit your teeth and close your eyes. It's actually sort of peaceful here. Quiet, and no monsters at the mome-- “GRAAAAGH!”

A wave of pain shoots through your body, and you feel as if your arm is on fire. You almost throw up, and keel over. “Sorry Raider. I must have hit a nerve there.”

When Vig finally steps away, you fall down on the floor, sweat dripping from your forehead. Your arm feels quite numb, and you wonder if he more damage was dealt than healed.

Effects: Damaged right arm (-3 to any actions using that arm. Will not heal on it's own.)

Magic:

inventory:

Byrssh Ryrgysshi [6]

Focusing on your already known fire creating skills, you begin call forth a ball of fire that is a little larger than you are comfortable with.

You feel a warm glow coming from your pocket, so you stop conjuring the flame, and pull out the red orb, which has lit up. The red color is swirling all around the orb, crashing and flowing like water.

Holding it in your palm, you start your flame conjuring again.

The orb swirls violently, twisting in your hands as if it were alive. A blast of fire shoots out of the flame orb, burning the chest to smithereens.

Magic:

Level 1 – XP: 14

Create fire

inventory:

New spells:

Game events:

From behind the blue door, bones can be heard clattering and shifting. The crack of a whip echoes through the door, followed by moans and groans.

Locations:

Kursk: Room 3

Vig: Room 3

Darien: Room 3

Shadow: Room 3

Flamelasher: Room 3

Byrssh: Room 3
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Roll #14

Kursk Ryrgysshi [10]

Hearing the horrendous sounds from behind the door, you insert your key into the lock.

Click!

The door springs open, revealing a gigantic room dimly lit up with floating fire spheres. A quick look around shows roughly 50 skeletons wielding swords, bows, and pitchforks crowding around the middle of the room, where a bright shining light can be seen through the bleached white bones.

Upon the opening of the door, the skeletons turn around, glaring with long-dead eyes towards the light spilling in from the doorway. A deep voice echoes through the chamber. “I am Xavos, master death mage. Surrender your treasure, or face the wrath of my animated subjects!”

Acting quickly, you ready your earth manipulation skills. Resting your worried mind, you reach out to the cold stone floor. Starting slowly, you begin to raise the stone. The skeletons begin to approach you, but you quickly ripple the floor from under their feet, felling them to the ground. The clatter of bones is satisfying, but most of the skeletons stood up within seconds.

Magic:

Level 2 – XP: 39

Manipulate Earth

Create Earth

inventory:

Shadow[1 – 1 = 0]

Ignoring the drone of words streaming out of your mind, you continue delving into the art of water creation. Finding the part of your mind that knows about water, you open that metaphorical door. You enter the metaphorical room filled with water, you notice that you are metaphorically drowning.

Snapping out of your metaphorical trance, you see that the stone room is filling with a purple gas. Hey, where did everyone else go? And why am I talking to you directly now? I thought that was breaking the third wall...

Ah well. I get bored a lot. It's nice to have a friend to talk to. No, you can't go back to real life. We'll just talk forever. It will be fun.

You have died. Thank you for playing!

Byrssh Ryrgysshi [2]

You set up a detailed plan in your mind, with keys, flames, and oil. Gosh, it's hard to keep all of the actions in order.. If they open the door, you try the key to trip the enemies. No, that's not right..

Click!

Panic time! The door just opened... You toss one of the vials of oil on the door, hoping to trip the lock. Next, you need to set the door on fire. You conjure up a small flame, and set the oiled up door on fire.

“AGGH!”

The flame explodes out, and hits you in the chest, singing your skin, and somehow burning your chest plate to ashes in seconds. Fire is magical in that way.

Effects: Burned chest (-1 to all actions. Additional -1 to combat. Will heal in 3 turns)

Arrow wound on left foot (-1 to walking actions. Will heal in 2 turns)

Magic:

Level 1 – XP: 16

Create fire

inventory:

Darien[3 – 1 = 2]

Seeing that Kursk opened the door, you prepare to cast time slow again.

“Azkon Bizhani!” Speaking the words on the scroll, you wait for time to slow down.

And you wait.

Turning around to check if anything happened, you don't notice the skeleton aiming an arrow at you.

Skeleton Archer: d10 V.S. Darien: d10 – 2

Skeleton Archer: 9 V.S. Darien: 4 – 2 = 2

The arrow hits your shoulder, deepening the wound. You scream in pain, and turn around to see the wave of skeletons advancing towards you.

For a split second, time slows down around you. It was miniscule, but you noticed it. Using the time available to you, you dodge out of the line of sight of the door.

Effects: Deep cut in shoulder blade (-1 to all actions. Additional -2 to physical actions. Will heal in 4 turns.)

Magic:

inventory:

Vig[5]

You see the door spring open, and you almost can't believe your eyes. A horde of skeletons swarming towards you... Better burn them down!

Looking at your hands, you concentrate on the shifting colors flowing through them, and the fire knowledge you have. Charging up your powers, you point your hands towards the approaching mass of bones.

“Get out of the way, everyone!”

After warning your friends, you send a ball of flame shooting through the doorway. It hits a crowd of skeletons, and one clatters to the ground, no longer forced to re-live the world undead.

It didn't seem to phase the others, and the flame just chars the off-white bones.

Create Fire

Manipulate Fire (minor)

Create Earth

Level 3 – XP: 58

inventory:

Flamelasher[3]

You reason that you should numb the pain coming from your arm, as it is distracting you. Slamming your body against the wall of stone Kursk made, you feel an incredible pain shoot up through your right side.

After you recover from the pain, you see that the flesh that Kursk had just sealed up has re-opened. You notice that the pain from your arm is gone. You try to raise your arm to test it out, but it doesn't respond. No matter what, your arm will not move, regardless of how much you try.

Effects: Disabled right arm (Cannot use that arm. Will not heal on it's own.)

Magic:

inventory:

Skeleton Army Status:

Skeleton Types:

Game Events:

The skeleton masses continue approaching the doorway, firing off some arrows and bolts of fire.

Archer 1 roll to hit (d10)
2 = miss
Archer 2 roll to hit (d10)
3 = miss
Archer 3 roll to hit (d10)
6 = hit
Firemage 1 roll to hit (d10)
2 = miss
Firemage 2 roll to hit (d10)
5 = miss

Archer 3 roll to decide target
2 = Byrssh

An arrow soars through the room, hitting Byrssh in the left foot (status updates are in the roll).

Locations:

Everyone is in room 3.
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:16 pm

Roll #15

Kursk Ryrgysshi [11]

Seeing the massive wave of skeletons, your brain whirrs into action. Stone. Earth. Smash. It's a simple concept, but you're not sure if you can pull it off.

Reaching out with your strongest mental grasp of earth manipulation, you grab holds on the dull, stone ceiling over a large group of skeletons. Gritting your teeth, you wrench a giant chunk of stone off the ceiling, causing an ear-splitting shatter of rocks and bones crumbling.

Yes... It is all clear. You hear the earth speaking to you, trying to tell you what to do. Reacting quickly, you begin tossing chunks of stone off of the walls like bowling balls, crushing several skeletons to the floor.

Your bond with the earth seems much stronger, and more reliable now, almost as if you are part of the very stone holding up the room.

Effects: Cuts on stomach and back (-2 to physical actions. Will heal in 3 turns.)

Skills: Earth proficiency (+1 to all earth-manipulating or creating rolls)

Magic:

Level 2 – XP: 52

Manipulate Earth

Create Earth

inventory:

Vig[12]

You see that Kursk is beginning to break off chunks of the wall to attack the skeletons with. What a brilliant plan.

You latch on to the magical concentration Kursk is emanating, and target a section of wall next to a large group of skeletons. You close your eyes in concentration, and pull the stone towards you. Slowly but surely, cracks begin to form in the wall, and you feel the wall beginning to give.

“CRUNCH!”

There it is. You see the stone breaking off from the roots of the wall, and fling it towards the group of skeletons. You hit the group smack on, knocking hundreds of bones to the floor. You grab another piece of wall, and throw it at another group.

You watch the bones clattering to the ground, and sense the tingle of knowledge in the back of your head. Exploring the thoughts in more detail, you notice a small bone in your mind. You rend it out of shape, into a triangle. You look up, and notice a bone on the ground in the shape of a triangle.

Neat.

Create Fire

Manipulate Fire (minor)

Create Earth

Manipulate Bone (minor)

Level 3 – XP: 74

inventory:

Darien[3 – 1 – 2 = 1]

You ready yourself for battle, seeing the incoming rush of skeletons. A skeleton shambles towards you, and you raise your sword.

“AAAH!”

A shooting pain races up your shoulder, emanating from your injury. You stall in mid stride, and the swordsman rushes you.

Skeleton: d10 V.S. Darien: d10 – 4 (stalled)

Skeleton: 10 V.S. Darien: 6 – 4 = 2

The sword pierces through your stomach, leaving a gaping hole through your body. The skeleton walks away to another area of the room, leaving you to fall on the ground in pain.

Effects: Deep cut in shoulder blade (-1 to all actions. Additional -2 to physical actions. Will heal in 3 turns.)

Hole in body (-1 to all actions. Additional -3 to physical actions, Will heal in 4 turns.)

Magic:

inventory:

Flamelasher[7]

Message to Flamelasher:

Action: Attack some skeletons with my longsword in my left hand

You jump into the action, grabbing your longsword in your shaky left hand. Running through the doorway, you attack a skeleton archer from behind.

Flamelasher: d10 – 1 (left arm is not dominant) V.S. Skeleton Archer: d10

Flamelasher: 10 – 1 = 9 V.S. Skeleton Archer: 9

The archer quickly dodges out of the way, and you prepare another attack.

Flamelasher: 1 – 1 = 1 V.S. Skeleton Archer: 3

You raise your untrained left hand, and attempt to bring it down on the off-white bones of the archer. As your begin your slicing attack, a nearby skeleton fire mage shoots a flaming bolt at you, interrupting your swing. You look at your hand, and it seems undamaged, however.

Effects: Disabled right arm with an arrow in it (Cannot use that arm. Will not heal on it's own.)

Magic:

inventory:

Byrssh Ryrgysshi [7 – 1 = 6]

You prepare to destroy the source of the skeleton problems, and pull out your bow. Notching an arrow, you make sure your aim is straight and true, and you send an arrow flying through the air, into the mage's arm. He merely laughs and says “Good luck dealing with me that way.”

You notice an arrow being shot back at you, and you try to dodge out of the way.

Roll 2 Dodge (d10): 1

The arrow flies faster than you expected, and hits you straight in the chest. It's painful, but you doubt it will result in any major injuries.

Effects: Burned chest (-1 to all actions. Additional -1 to combat. Will heal in 2 turns)

Arrow in chest (-1 to physical actions.)

Magic:

Create fire

inventory:

Game Events:

More skeletons shamble through the door, and a few fire off arrows and bolts of fire. The main attack force is now made out of axemen and swordsmen, however.

Rolls to hit:

Skeleton Archer 1 (d10) 10 = hit

Skeleton Archer 2 (d10) 4 = miss

Skeleton Firemage (d10) 4 = miss

Skeleton Swordsman 1 (d10) 9 = hit

Skeleton Swordsman 2 (d10) 7 = hit

Skeleton Axeman 1 (d10) 2 = miss

Skeleton Axeman 2 (d10) 6 = hit

Rolls to decide target:

Skeleton Archer 1: 4 = Flamelasher

Skeleton Swordsman 1: 1 = Kursk

Skeleton Swordsman 2: 1 = Kursk

Skeleton Axeman 2: 2 = Vig

Rolls 2 Dodge (sorry I forgot to post this last time... I did roll it, I swear Razz)

Flamelasher (d10): 6 = minor dodge

Kursk (d10): 3 = hit

Kursk (d10): 1 = hit

Vig (d10): 10 = dodge

Flamelasher gets hit in his right arm by a flying arrow, however he doesn't feel anything.

Kursk gets surrounded by two skeleton swordsmen, who deal a decent chunk of damage by slicing cuts on his back and stomach.

Vig is super ninja and dodges the slicing attack of a skeletal axeman, helping Kursk to move out of the way of a second skeleton sword attack.

(effects in the roll above)

Skeleton Army Status:

Skeleton Types:
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:16 pm

Roll #16

Vig[10]

You see the massive wave of skeletons holding stone weapons, and your brain leaps into action. Mustering up all of the knowledge you have of earth manipulation, you focus in on the swords and axes being wielded by the nearby skeletons.

Imbuing your will into the stone weapons, you attempt to animate them. Gritting your teeth, you feel the effort in your mind about to make you go mad, and then it ceases.

Your head hurts and you feel shaky, but you look at the battlefield before you, and smile. 8 nearby skeletons have their weapons attacking them, smashing them to the ground as you watch on with glee.

As you lean against a wall to rest, you feel a click in your mind. Something about working with the skeletons and their weapons opened a portion of your mind you didn't even know existed. The dark arts of animation seem close... Perhaps too close.

You contemplate jeering at the sorcerer, but you think better of it, and decide to rest.

New spells have been added to the known spells list!

Create Fire

Manipulate Fire (minor)

Create Earth

Manipulate Bone (minor)

Level 3 – XP: 83

inventory:

Kursk Ryrgysshi [10 + 1 = 11]

Seeing the massive action of Vig setting the skeleton's weapons against them, you decide to try to eliminate the mages.

You prepare to send the skeletal mages to their doom by opening up the floor from beneath them. Getting a firm mental grasp of the terrain, you try to pull the floor apart.

A solid crack forms in the ground under the group, and you feel the stone weakening. You open up the ground under the weakened stone, and prepare to send the mages to their doom.

Rending the stone apart, you open up a hole a good 7 feet deep in the stone floor. Underneath is more dull gray stone, exactly the same as everywhere else.

A few skeletons that were standing on the ground fall in, and get crushed from the fall. Unfortunately, most of them walked out of the way before you could open up the floor from under them.

You feel very in tune with the earth, and sense an opening in your mind, linking you to the stone even more.

Effects: Cuts on stomach and back (-2 to physical actions. Will heal in 2 turns.)

Stone proficiency (+1 to all stone-manipulating or creating rolls)

Magic:

Level 2 – XP: 68

Manipulate Earth

Create Earth

inventory:

Byrssh Ryrgysshi [7 – 1 – 1 = 5]

With pain in your voice, you scream “Can someone raise some cover? Those arrows will pick us clean!", and dodge to a safe-looking part of the room.

You grab a solid handle on the arrow protruding from your wound, and prepare to rip it out. Bracing yourself for the pain, you grit your teeth, and pull.

“AAAGH!”

You fall to the ground, clutching at your chest in pain. You know you have to be strong, however, and notch the arrow in your bow.

Aiming your arrow at the only fire mage left standing after Kurk's attack, you send it flying through the air.

Byrssh: d10 – 1 V.S. Fire mage: d10

Byrssh: 3 – 1 = 2 V.S. Fire mage: 1

The arrow wobbles and veers to the left, and you curse yourself for your terrible aim. However, the fire mage moves to prepare an attack, stepping directly into the flying projectile, causing it to clatter to the ground, becoming no more than a pile of bones.

Level up! You have leveled up in Basic bow skills!

Effects: Burned chest (-1 to all actions. Additional -1 to combat. Will heal in 1 turn)

Arrow wound in chest (-1 to physical actions. Will heal in 2 turns.)

Arrow in left leg (-2 to actions using that leg. Will heal in 3 turns.)

Basic bow skills

Magic:

Create fire

inventory:

Darien[4 – 1 – 1 = 2]

You look down at your new wound in your stomach, and decide to get the heck out of this room.

Walking through the crazy skeleton-infested room, you arrive back at room 3, and hide behind the stone wall the Vig created.

Thinking quickly, you take a small amount of the Wrocherr gel infused healing potion, and place it on your new wound. You cry out in pain, feeling a strong burning, almost like salt on a wound. However, you can see the flesh reappearing over your stomach where you placed the odd healing mixture.

You lie down to rest, and fall asleep to the sounds of the battle behind you. Not pleasant, and your dreams are filled with terrible monsters and traps.

When you wake up, you see the hole in your abdomen has healed over with a purple-red flesh like material. You place your hand over it, and notice it feels almost like a sunburn. Oh well. Better than having nothing there.

Effects: Deep cut in right shoulder blade (-1 to all actions. Additional -2 to physical actions. Will heal in 2 turns.)

Rash on abdomen (Unknown effects)

Arrow in left shoulder blade (-2 to physical actions. Will not heal on it's own.)

Magic:

inventory:

Flamelasher[4]

You decide to practice your weapon handling with your left hand and learn a fancy maneuver. You get a firm grip on the sword with your left hand, and prepare to throw it.

You toss the longsword out towards the horde of skeletons, and you wait for it to spin back to you. Hey, it's actually flying back towards yo--

WHAM!

The hilt of the blade smacks you right in the face, and you topple over like a bowling pin.

You rub your head in pain, and you feel a ringing in your ears. You seem to have a bit of experience in blade throwing now, however.

Effects: Disabled right arm with an arrow in it (Cannot use that arm. Will not heal on it's own.)

Headache (-2 to mental actions. Heals in 4 turns.)

Magic:

inventory:

Game Events:

With all of the firemages and most of the death mages in the pit that Kursk made, and the swordsmen and axmen mostly occupied with their own weapons, the main skeleton army is now composed of archers. They send out a few flurries of arrows towards you.

Rolls to hit:

Archer 1 (d10): 5 = miss

Archer 2 (d10): 10 = hit

Archer 3 (d10): 6 = hit

Archer 4 (d10): 4 = miss

Archer 5 (d10): 6 = hit

Archer 6 (d10): 9 = hit

Archer 7 (d10): 3 = miss

Rolls to decide target:

Archer 2: 3 = Byrssh

Archer 3: 4 = Darien

Archer 5: 4 = Darien

Archer 6: 4 = Darien (ouch)

Rolls 2 Dodge

Byrssh (d10): 5 = minor dodge

Darien (d10): 10 = dodge

Darien (d10): 2 = no dodge

Darien (d10): 9 = dodge

Luckily most of the skeleton's arrows veer off to the sides, missing their targets completely. A volley of 4 do hit their mark, however, and go towards Byrssh and Darien. Fortunately for Byrssh, the arrow hits him in his leg, not doing much damage. Darien manages to spin out of the way of two of the arrows headed for him, but the last one finds it's target, and hits him in the shoulder.

(effects in the above roll)

Two disarmed skeletons clatter to the ground, destroyed by their own weapons.

Skeleton Army Status:

Skeleton Types:

New spells:
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:17 pm

Roll #17

Kursk Ryrgysshi [8 + 1 + 1 = 10]

Building on your previous experiences with stone walls, you prepare to raise cover for your friends.

Reaching out for building blocks of stone, you throw 12 chair-sized boxes of stone into the room from the void. Manipulating them into place, you manage to create two decently sized walls of stone to protect from skeleton arrows.

“We must strike now, friends. With their arrows made useless, let us crush these skeleton abominations!”

You prepare your weapon to attack, and begin to clash with a skeleton axeman.

Kursk: d10 V.S. Axeman: d10

Kursk: 10 V.S. Axeman: 7

Your sword swiftly slices through the air much quicker than the skeleton could move his axe. It makes contact with his ribcage, and the impact knocks out several bones from his chest. The un-living force that kept the skeleton together seems to dissipate, causing it to become nothing more that a pile of bones.

Effects: Cuts on stomach and back (-2 to physical actions. Will heal in 1 turn.)

Magic:

Level 3 – XP: 75

Manipulate Earth

Create Earth

inventory:

Vig[3]

Watching Kursk create a makeshift stone wall, you get behind it to protect you from the incoming arrows.

You begin to form a plan to continue the mass-crushing of skeletons with chunks of stone, which seems to be working pretty well. Stepping back from the safety of the wall, you begin to work your earth magic, breaking off a chunk of the stone wall without even breaking a sweat.

You're so focused on guiding the chunk of wall towards the skeletons that you don't even notice the arrow whizzing towards you.

Roll 2 Dodge (d10 – 3)

10 – 3 = 7 (dodge)

Thinking quickly, you dodge back to the wall, bringing the stone with you. In your haste to get out of the way of the arrow, your mind slipped from the control of your earth manipulating powers, causing the stone to crash into the side of a wall. Ah well. Better than being hit with an arrow.

Create Fire

Manipulate Fire (minor)

Create Earth

Manipulate Bone (minor)

Level 3 – XP: 85

inventory:

Byrssh Ryrgysshi [5 – 1 = 4]

Seeing that you aren't in a fair state to fight hand to hand, you decide you use your fire creation powers. You begin to charge up your energy to focus on making a fireball, when you feel the fire orb in your pocket begin to heat up.

Picking it up, you notice that it seems quite volatile. The colors spinning around it are moving much faster than they used to, and in more intense shades.

Ignoring this event, you set the orb on the ground and continue your focus. Building a small ball of fire, you send it flying towards an enemy archer.

Oddly enough, the volatile orb goes flying along with your created fire. On contact with the archer, it explodes in a burst of fury, knocking over the skeleton. However, it does not dissipate like normal flame. Instead, a strange form solidifies into a humanoid shape, moving around the room.

Uh oh.

Effects: Arrow wound in chest (-1 to physical actions. Will heal in 1 turn.)

Arrow in left leg (-2 to actions using that leg. Will heal in 2 turns.)

Basic bow skills

Magic:

Level 1 – XP: 22

Create fire

inventory:

Darien[2 – 1 = 1]

Feeling the pain coming from your shoulder, you grasp the arrow, and pull it out. It hurts like hell, but you know that it was the right thing to do.

You focus on your injured shoulders, trying to think of a way to heal them up. Your brain feels like it is melting away due to the shock of battle... It's hard to focus.

Looking at the contents of your pockets, you see your coins, the sword... Ah! Garzhon goo. Maybe that could help. You prepare to place it on your left shoulder, when you notice a strange feeling in your abdomen. Looking down, you see bubbles appearing in the rash. You pause from your application of garzhon goo to call out for help. “Someone, help! Something is happening to my stomach!”

Effects: Deep cut in right shoulder blade (-1 to all actions. Additional -2 to physical actions. Will heal in 1 turn.)

Rash on abdomen (Unknown effects)

Arrow wound in left shoulder blade (-2 to physical actions. Will not heal in 3 turns.)

Magic:

inventory:

Flamelasher[4]

Launching into a fury, you prepare your boomerang sword maneuver again, aiming for the skeleton that shot your arm. Feeling more experienced with your left arm, you toss the short sword at him.

Feeling the adrenaline rush through your system, you charge with rage at the nearest axeman. As you draw your longsword, you get smacked in the head a second time, this time cutting the skin on your forehead. Ignoring the pain, you continue the attack.

Flamelasher: d10 – 1 V.S. Axeman: d10

Flamelasher: 4 – 1 = 3 V.S. Axeman: 3

Distracted by the new wound, your aim was a little off. Instead of smashing through his ribcage, your sword just clashed with the opposing axe.

Level up! You have leveled up in basic sword throwing!

Headache (-2 to mental actions. Heals in 3 turns.)

Cut on forehead (-1 to combat. Will heal in 4 turns.)

Skills: Basic sword throwing (+1 to rolls using sword throws)

Magic:

inventory:

Game Events:

Seeing the new turn of events, the enemy necromancer seems worried. He screams out a stream of commands, and the death mages in the pit react.

Glowing spheres of black can be seen emanating from the pit, flying towards disassembled skeletons. When they touch the pile of bones, a skeletal form regenerates from the void of death, immediately picking up their weapons and continuing the charge.

Rolls to hit:

None for this turn

One more disarmed skeletons clatters to the ground, destroyed by it's own weapon.

Skeleton Army Status:

Skeleton Types:
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:18 pm

Roll #18

Vig[1]

Shocked by the explosive power of the fire orb, your mind begins to race to determine the next course of action. Looking down at your hands, you feel a strong attraction to the flaming beast. Opening up your psyche to the sentient flames, you attempt to communicate with it.

“BZZAK!”

You almost jump out of your skin in surprise, hearing the odd sounds echoing in your head. A mix between the crackle of fire and static, the meaning of these sounds escapes you. A spike of volume strikes through your head, causing a spasm to shock your body to the ground.

Brushing the dust off of your clothes, you stand back up, expecting the bond to be broken. Instead, you hear a clearer voice roaring in your head. “Escape is not possible. You will be crushed by the eternal flame. Embrace the fire!”

With that, the flame beast runs towards you, at the same time sending a shock down your spine. Pushing with all of your might, you attempt to slow the charge of the flaming beast. Stalling, it backs off a few meters. Another clear voice smashes through your concentration. “You cannot stall me forever. I will never tire, another fault of you.”

Effects: Being mentally harassed by the flame beast (-2 to all mental rolls.)

Create Fire

Manipulate Fire (minor)

Create Earth

Manipulate Bone (minor)

Level 3 – XP: 87

inventory:

Byrssh Ryrgysshi [6]

Staring at the massive beast you have created, you observe Vig getting thrown around the room. Tapping into your rudimentary fire manipulation knowledge, you try to speak to it. “Attack the death mages!”

A wave of feedback rushes through your brain, swamping your attempts at concentration. Running away from the beast, you feel the mental noise dial down. Stepping further away, you begin to conjure a fireball.

Bringing a ball of flame out of the void, you aim it at the death mages in the pit, and send it flying. The ball hits right on target, exploding in a massive splash of fire. The two death mages clatter to the floor.

Magic level up!

Effects: Arrow in left leg (-2 to actions using that leg. Will heal in 1 turn.)

Basic bow skills

Magic:

Create fire

inventory:

Darien[11 – 1 = 10]

Staring down at your bubbling stomach, you decide your limited Garzhon goo supplies are better suited to it than your quickly healing shoulder. Picking up one small chip of goo, you rub it in to your abdomen, and see it dissolving into your skin.

You feel a pleasant tingling sensation across your body, and notice the rash on your stomach quickly fading away to a regular skin tone. A surge of energy rushes through your system, and you feel invigorated.

Pulling the arrow out of your shoulder, you barely even feel the pain of flesh reappearing all over your shoulders. It seems this Garzhon goo is fairly potent.

Effects: Energized (+1 to all rolls. Lasts 1 turn.)

Magic:

inventory:

Kursk Ryrgysshi [11 + 1 + 1 = 13]

Standing behind your earthy defenses, you begin to hatch your plan to stem this corruption at it's source.

You feel the stone around you coursing through your mind at unimaginable speeds. Connecting with the earth easily, you order the ceiling near the area the necromancer is to collapse. The stone immediately responds, forming a crack in the once-solid chunk of earth. Pushing a large bit of stone down to the floor, you hear the satisfying crash of bones as the necromancer gets caught off guard, and squashed.

The deep connection to the earth you have seems incredibly strong at the moment, and you close your eyes to focus. You see a strange chunky figure walking towards you in your mind, and a calm voice speaks out. “Hello Kursk. I have been sent by Terrak to aid you on your quest. The earth will help you along your way, but this body is weak. Do not be afraid of the transformation, as it will only help.”

You open your eyes calmly, and look down at your left arm. A cast of stone has formed over it, and you feel a strong sense of solidity and calm pulsing out from the rocky armor. Smiling, you feel the rest of your body forming similar rocky coverings.

Magic level up!

Effects: Partial stone skin (+1 to defense rolls)

Skills: Major earth proficiency (+2 to all earth-manipulating or creating rolls)

Magic:

Level 4 – XP: 96

Manipulate Earth

Create Earth

inventory:

Flamelasher[1 + 1 – 1 = 1]

Feeling your pounding headache and bleeding wounds, you feel the urge to continue on with your attacks. Picking up your sword again, you get a firm grip on it, and lock your sights on a standing axeman.

You toss the sword out at him, and see an amazing feat. The skeleton grabs the sword mid flight, and throws it back at you. His aim was great, as it hits you straight between your eyes. As you feel the world fading away from you, you reflect on what you have done in your journey, in a cut-scene type of way.

Images of evil pastries, demented villagers, and your current battle with the living dead bombard your memory. Indeed, your story may end here, but your comrades will make sure your legacy continues on.

You have died! Thank you for playing.

Game Events:

The skeletons seem demoralized at the loss of their leader, and begin retreating towards a large iron gate in a corner of the room. No attacks are sent this turn, however an eerie cold breeze can be felt waving out from the iron gate.

Two more disarmed skeletons clatter to the ground, destroyed by their own weapons.

Skeleton Army Status:

Skeleton Types:
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Roll #19

Byrssh Ryrgysshi [10]

Seeing a great opportunity to knock down a few more skeletons, you prepare your fire skills once again. Pushing your mind back into the void of seemingly endless supplies, you find a stream of fire, and begin to shape it.

Forming a sphere of fire, you pull it out of your mind, and into the real world. Aiming at the clump of skeletons near the door, you launch your projectile at them, and wait.

The fireball explodes in a satisfying array of sparks, crushing 3 skeletons with pure force. Fire seems to agree with you lately... Perhaps this is the start of a greater bond.

Calling out once again to the flame beast, you scream “Release him! Attack the skeletons!”. The patten of fire wavers for a split second. A sharp grunt echoes in your mind, and you see the flame beast backing away from Vig. “I will spare your lives, but the flame will not be ordered like a mere servant.”

Basic bow skills

Magic:

Level 2 – XP: 36

Create fire

inventory:

Vig[10]

Seeing the retreating flame beast, you feel the mental weight being lifted from your mind. You breathe a sigh of relief, and begin to plot your revenge. Looking at your hands, you focus on your fire manipulation skills.

You run over to the flame beast, and thrust your hands into it. Feeling no pain from the incredible heat being released by the ever-burning beast, you feel the flame rushing through your body. The beast shrinks in size, the mass of his body being absorbed through your hands.

“GRAAAH!”

The beast blasts you away in a wave of fury, knocking you back to interrupt the flow of energy. It glares at you with hate, having shrank to the size of a humanoid. The flame coursing through your body is a bit overwhelming, but it seems to help your concentration.

Effects: Flame energy in body (+1 to all rolls 7 or higher)

Create Fire

Manipulate Fire (minor)

Create Earth

Manipulate Bone (minor)

Level 3 – XP: 90

inventory:

Kursk Ryrgysshi [3 + 2 = 5]

Looking down at the skeletons in the pit you created, you decide to crush them, and leave the room in a relatively decent state.

Using your new found earth skills, you prepare to create chunks of earth to fill in the hole. Bringing out a few blocks of earth, you begin placing them in the pit. The skeletons are buried underneath, but you quickly tire of this task, and forget about summoning larger chunks of stone.

The stone armoring spreads farther across your body, coating you in a shield of rock. It feels cool to the touch, and reassuring. The voice in your head sounds again. “Good. The earth is being accepted into your system as I expected. You must find a green orb, and then report back to me. However, it must be a secret. If anyone finds out about this mission, the situation will be compromised.”

Effects: Stone skin (+2 to defense rolls)

Skills: Major earth proficiency (+2 to all earth-manipulating or creating rolls)

Magic:

Level 4 – XP: 100

Manipulate Earth

Create Earth

inventory:

Darien[8 + 1 + 1(bow skills) = 10]

Running into the battle room, you feel invigorated. Noticing the retreating skeletons, you try to further your knowledge of time slow. Casting it, you feel time slow down around you.

You pick up your bow, and become an arrow firing machine. Launching 14 arrows near the skeletons, only one veers off course. Hitting their targets straight and true, the other arrows cause 5 skeletons to clatter to the floor.

You feel a gut-wrenching pull as time catches up to you again. You feel a deeper knowledge of time slow, but it all seems complicated.. Maybe if you studied other magics first it would make more sense.

Magic:

Level 1 – XP: 13

Knowledge of Time Slow (minor)

inventory:

Flame beast: [~]

Effects: Energy level [150/450] (Will shrink in size, and eventually disappear as it loses energy levels. Energy is gained and lost similarly to health.) (I just MAYBE stole this from Dragon's original R2D Razz)

Magic:

Level 5 – XP: 180

Manipulate fire (Major)

Create fire (Major)

inventory:

Game Events:

The iron grate opens up, allowing the skeletal masses to retreat through the door. About 12 get through in short order, with the others right behind.

A strong chill can be felt coming from the door, inducing mild headaches. A terrible moan echoes from the room beyond, and the thunk of footsteps crashes through the chamber.

Three more disarmed skeletons clatter to the ground, destroyed by their own weapons.

Skeleton Army Status:

Skeleton Types:
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Roll #20

Vig[2]

Wanting to rectify the situation, you prepare your mind and hands to take control of the flame beast. You feel the heat swirling around you, and focus in on the energy flowing through your body.

Charging at the flame beast, you once again press in with your hands, this time attempting to take control of it's mind. You make contact with the beast, and a surge of nausea swims through your body, numbing your mind.

When you have regained your senses, you feel incredibly weak. You are lying on the floor, and feel very light-headed. The flame beast speaks out to you. “Let's see how you like being sucked of all of your energy...”

Effects: Exhausted (-3 to physical rolls. Goes away in 1 turn.)

Create Fire

Manipulate Fire (minor)

Create Earth

Manipulate Bone (minor)

Level 3 – XP: 91

inventory:

Darien[2]

Feeling confused by the art of magic, you decide to learn the basics first. Sitting down on the floor, you close your eyes to slip into this “void” everyone keeps telling you about. Swimming through the darkness in your head, you try to find any glimmer of evidence that you're not just staring at your eyelids.

After a few minutes of concentration, you see a blue spark in your mind. Reaching out to it, you see a large spike of ice jutting out from a stone wall. Pulling on it, your eyes flash open.

Standing before you is a gigantic ice beast. You stand up to meet it's eyes, but it quickly shouts at you. “Who has summoned Aquan?!” Stuttering, you respond, explaining what just happened.

Aquan looks at you disbelievingly, and glances around the room. Setting his eyes on the flame beast, he grunts in disgust and shouts “Ignuch! What are you doing here, among these weaklings?”

Magic:

inventory:

Kursk Ryrgysshi [8 + 2 + 1 = 11 (the situation isn't exactly clear, so I opted for your safer action.)]

Deciding to patch up this room to practice your skills, you close your eyes and are immediately confronted with the golem that you encountered before. He doesn't say anything, however, so you continue your efforts to shape blocks of stone into appropriate shapes to fix up the holes all over the room.

Fusing the stone blocks back into the wall, the room starts to look half-decent. Just as you're putting in the last chunk of stone, a second earthen figure hops into your mind.

“Hello Kursk, my name is Terrak. I sense that the others are here, causing trouble. The mission will have to be delayed. Assist me in taking down these clowns, and send them back to where they belong.”

You open your eyes, and see a giant, solid stone humanoid standing next to you, with bright green eyes. He speaks out to you calmly. “Now, point me in the direction of our friends and enemies.”

Magic:

Level 4 – XP: 124

Manipulate Earth

Create Earth

Manipulate Stone (major)
inventory:

Byrssh Ryrgysshi [6]

Seeing that Ignuch isn't being directly hostile towards you, you ask him if a fireball would help his energy problems. He responds in a booming voice. “Yes. More flame will heal my wounds, weakling. Now, assist me in destroying this joke of a water elemental.”

You pull a stream of fire out from the void, shooting it at Ignuch. He glows a bright orange, and starts flowing around the room like a liquid. “Ah. This is better. Now, time to deal with Aquan.”

You stall for a second, not sure what to do. Aquan hasn't directly done anything against you, while Ignuch has attacked your friends. A puzzling situation for sure.

Basic bow skills

Magic:

Level 2 – XP: 45

Create fire

inventory:

Ignuch: [~]

Effects: Energy level [450/450] (Will shrink in size, and eventually disappear as it loses energy levels. Energy is gained and lost similarly to health.)

Magic:

Manipulate fire (Major)

Create fire (Major)

inventory:

Aquan: [~]

Effects: Energy level [450/450] (Will shrink in size, and eventually disappear as it loses energy levels. Energy is gained and lost similarly to health.)

Magic:

Manipulate water (Major)

Create water (Major)

inventory:

Terrak: [~]

Magic:

Manipulate earth (Major)

Create earth (Major)

inventory:

Game Events:

The rest of the skeletons escape through the door unscathed. In their place, a new monster walks through. It's the size of two humans, with beady white eyes.

Seemingly made out of a vortex of wind, it has multiple small orbs spinning around inside it.

“Who has awakened Aetheron from his slumber?! You may have taken my red orb, but that will be the last!”

Ingnuch rolls his eyes, and says “Aetheron, you have slumbered for too long. We escaped centuries ago, freed from our prisons. And if this stupid band of adventurers hadn't broken that stupid orb...”

Aetheron: [~]

Magic:

Manipulate air (Major)

Create air (Major)

inventory:
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:19 pm

Roll #21

Vig[7]

You feel stuck to the ground in exhaustion, but do your best to inch your way behind Kursk's stone wall. Relaxing on the solid stone behind your back, you begin to slip into a lucid dream.

Inside the dream, you see a small whirling vortex, no larger than a small horse. Beside it you see two more miniature elements, a ball of flame, and a blob of ice. You're a little confused as to where the earth element is, but shake it off and continue to concentrate.

Staring at the vortex in front of you, your hands begin to spin in time with the swirling air. You begin to regain control of your arms, and swing them in a figure eight pattern, with the air following the same pattern.

Your vision begins to fade to black, but you feel the air following you back, flowing through your body. Your eyes flutter open, back to reality. You still feel tired, but the air around you now seems more like a friend than a foe.

Magic level up!

Learned Manipulate Air!

Create Fire

Manipulate Fire (minor)

Create Earth

Manipulate Bone (minor)

Manipulate Air

Level 4 – XP: 99

inventory:

Ignuch: [10]

Action: Send a flaming ball at that fool Aquan...

You charge up your elemental powers, and begin shaping a gigantic ball of embers. Arching it towards Aquan, you zip around the room, rejuvenated after taking Vig's energy.

It smacks into Aquan, making him shrink down in size.

Magic:

Level 5 – XP: 188

Manipulate fire (Major)

Create fire (Major)

inventory:

Kursk Ryrgysshi [10 + 2 + 1 = 13]

You lay out some verbal advice to your comrades: "Friends, I suggest we let Ignuch and Aquan duel while we focus upon Aetheron...who seems to be the only one purely hostile towards us. After we weaken him, then we can figure out what to do against Ignuch and Aquan. I ask you to not attack Terrak, as he has been somewhat of a mentor to me. And if at all possible, I believe we need to weaken and not "kill" these foes...perhaps the others can be assistance to some of us as well. Friend Terrak, please help us against Aetheron!"

Terrak nods, and walks slowly and calmly towards Aetheron.

Ready to do your part, you begin channeling your stone skills. The presence of Terrak seems to boost your proficiency, allowing your brain to more readily wrap around a chunk of wall you just fused back in. Pulling it towards you with ease, large cracks appear in the wall, allowing you to manipulate the chunk of stone as you wish.

Spinning it around the room, your eyes lock on to Aetheron. Pushing the stone with massive force at his body, you feel very calm. Your very bloodstream feels cool and relaxed.

You lean against the wall, and watch the impact of stone and wind. Surprisingly, Aetheron doesn't even flinch, continuing his rampage towards Aquan and Ignuch. However, he seems noticeably smaller than before.

Cooled bloodstream (-1 to debuffs related to blood)

Magic:

Level 4 – XP: 136

Manipulate Earth

Create Earth

Manipulate Stone (major)

inventory:

Aetheron: [1]

Action: Use manipulate air (major) to blow Ignuch's flames away

You begin spinning up a storm of air, aiming it at Ignuch. However, Kursk manages to send a large block of stone at you, stalling your magic and damaging you.

Effects: Energy level [260/450] (Will shrink in size, and eventually disappear as it loses energy levels. Energy is gained and lost similarly to health.)

Magic:

Manipulate air (Major)

Create air (Major)

inventory:

Darien[10 + 1 = 11]

You walk towards Terrak, feeling a cooling aura radiating off of him.

Lining up your bow for a quick shot at Aetheron, you pull out an arrow, and notch it. Making sure you aim for the white orb, you let the arrow fly. It hits the orb straight on, causing a small crack to appear in it.

Aetheron screams “AGH! Cease your attacks on that orb, or prepare for destruction from the very air around you!”

He re-orients himself to face you, now charging with renewed vigor.

Magic:

inventory:

Byrssh Ryrgysshi [5]

You pose a question to the group. “Can we not all co-exist? You attempt to turn brother against brother! “

Seeing Aetheron's charge at Darien, you decide to fight air with fire. Slipping into the void once again, you find the spark of fire you are now getting familiar with. Enlarging it, you shape it into a large ball of fire.

Blinking back into real life, you toss the fireball at Aetheron. It explodes in a shower of sparks, making him shrink further.

Ignuch looks at your with disapproving eyes, and says “Such a shame... You use fire in a quite juvenile way.”

Basic bow skills

Magic:

Level 2 – XP: 51

Create fire

inventory:

Aquan: [2]

Action: Send a water ball at Ignuch

Building up a compact ball of water, you toss it at Ignuch. However, he spins around the room, dodging your attack.

Effects: Energy level [390/450] (Will shrink in size, and eventually disappear as it loses energy levels. Energy is gained and lost similarly to health.)

Magic:

Manipulate water (Major)

Create water (Major)

inventory:

Terrak: [7]

Action: Crack the ground from under Aetheron

Using your immense earth powers, you begin to form a crack in the ground under Aetheron. Forcing the chunks of stone apart, you open up a small chasm under his feet.

Magic:

Manipulate earth (Major)

Create earth (Major)

inventory:

Game Events:

Aetheron lets out a horrible growl, and begins charging at Darien. Aquan and Ignuch still seem very self-interested, and Terrak is attempting to take down Aetheron.

A small scratching noise can be heard from behind a wooden door in the room. A muffled cry for help echoes out in a moment of silence, hurrying the urgency of the situation.
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:19 pm

Roll #22

Kursk Ryrgysshi [11 + 2 + 1 = 14 0_0]

Seeing Aetheron's charge at Nessus, you continue your use of stone manipulating skills.

Calculating times and speeds in your head, your cooled blood flows slowly, but surely around your body. Within a few seconds, you have calculated your plan, and begin to execute it.

Mentally gripping the ceiling in front of Aetheron, you simply wave your hand slowly in front of your body, aiming at the ground. You can feel the stone all around you communicating with you, working as a team. Looking on at the rapidly falling ceiling, you determine it will hit Aetheron in 3...

1 seconds.

An ear-deafening clash of stone on stone roars through the room, bombarding you and your friends. While you feel shaken up, the solidity of your earthy skin reassures you back into focus.

To your surprise, some of the rubble from around the room begins to swing towards you, attaching to your stone skin. Large chunks of stone jut out on strange angles from your arms, merging into your now-earthen body.

Magic level up!

You have learned Manipulate Earth (major)!

Stone infused with body (If broken off, next action receives a -2 penalty)

Sharp stone arms (+1 to attack rolls)

Cooled bloodstream (Extra -1 to debuffs related to blood)

Magic:

Level 5 – XP: 163

Manipulate Earth (major)

Create Earth

Manipulate Stone (major)

inventory:

Byrssh Ryrgysshi [8]

Listening closely to Ignuch's comment, you feel the spark of an idea form in your head. As the adage goes, what is better to fight fire with than fire itself?

You focus inwards on the spark in your mind, enlarging it, and letting it spread through your body. Slipping into the Void, you notice something odd. As well as the seemingly endless amount of resources available, a small point of blackness exists in the corner of your vision. As you move to look at it, to flashes away.

You shake it off, and continue concentrating on your task at hand: Creating a decent weapon.

Shaping the fire into a long strand, you flex it back and forth, testing it's stability while still in the Void. Satisfied with your new tool and weapon, you begin phasing back to the physical world.

You open your eyes, and see a burning whip lying on the floor next to you. Noticing a small portion at the end of the whip that looks like a handle, you pick it up.

Surprisingly, you feel no heat blazing on the hand you are wielding it in. Odd... When you were in the Void, the whole item was made out of flame, without this odd metallic handle.

You have learned Manipulate Fire!

Basic bow skills

Magic:

Level 2 – XP: 62

Create fire

Manipulate Fire

inventory:

Darien[2 + 1 = 3]

Staying around the cooling presence of Terrak, you decide to continue your assault on Aetheron's orbs.

You pull out an arrow from your seemingly limitless pockets, and load it in your bow. You feel excited from the rush of battle, and take perhaps too little time aiming your shot.

The arrow whizzes through the air, barely hitting Aetheron's body. He shrinks down a miniscule amount, still stalled from Kurk's earth-shattering attack.

Level up! You have leveled up in Bow skills!

Skills: Bow skills (+2 to bow-related rolls)

Magic:

inventory:

Ignuch: [2]

Action: Charge up my fire powers

You begin to charge your flame manipulating skills, but get stopped short by the ear-shattering sound of Kursk smashing down a chunk of stone on the floor.

Magic:

Manipulate fire (Major)

Create fire (Major)

inventory:

Vig[12]

You look on at the battlefield before you, and see that Nessus all but completely missed Aetheron. You decide to end this threat right here, right now.

Stepping out from behind the wall, you get a good view of Aetheron, and get a solid footing on the ground. You close your eyes, and begin focusing on the sentient air around you.

The swirling breeze feels close to you... Very similar to the spinning cyclone from your previous encounter with air magic. You reach out for the air, and begin channeling it through your body, as was done with Ignuch's energy.

You feel a steady flow of air coursing through your body, so you stop the transfer. Aetheron is now a tiny shadow of his original size, having shrunk multiple times.

Effects: Energized (+1 to rolls under 6)

Create Fire

Manipulate Fire (minor)

Create Earth

Manipulate Bone (minor)

Manipulate Air

Level 4 – XP: 122

inventory:

Aetheron: [7]

Action: Begin shattering the orbs

You start to crack the three orbs spinning inside of you, sending gusts of wind to knock them back and forth. Some small cracks form, but it will take a little more effort.

Effects: Energy level [20/450] (Will shrink in size, and eventually disappear as it loses energy levels. Energy is gained and lost similarly to health.)

Magic:

Level 5 – XP: 186

Manipulate air (Major)

Create air (Major)

inventory:

Aquan: [4]

Action: Heal myself

You begin to focus inwards, and swirl the energy in the air around you. It begins to come towards you, but you don't feel much better.

Effects: Energy level [400/450] (Will shrink in size, and eventually disappear as it loses energy levels. Energy is gained and lost similarly to health.)

Magic:

Level 5 – XP: 185

Manipulate water (Major)

Create water (Major)

inventory:

Terrak: [3]

Action: Channel my energy through Kursk

You start focusing on sending more of your powers to Kursk, but a strange block forms in your mind. You turn around, and see the door wide open, with a lumpy tattooed creature, and a penguin wearing a backpack.

What?!

Magic:

Manipulate earth (Major)

Create earth (Major)

inventory:

Game Events:

Nu Mou and Craften walk through the wooden door, rushing forwards energetically.

Craften speaks up first: “Hello everyone! Do you need some reinforcements?”, and smiles.

Nu Mou: [~]

Magic:

(With your first action, please tell me three level 1 spells, two level 2 spells, or one level three spell to have already learned)

inventory:

Crafen: [~]

Magic:

(With your first action, please tell me three level 1 spells, two level 2 spells, or one level three spell to have already learned)

inventory:

New Map:
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:20 pm

Roll #23

Kursk Ryrgysshi [9]

You decide to take after your brother's skills, and begin to negotiate with Aetheron.

“We have you cornered, low on energy, and outnumbered seven to 1. We are peaceful people, and would much rather for you to become a mentor rather than have to kill you.”

Aetheron stands steadily, backing away into a corner. He speaks out in a calm, booming voice. “Traveler, I too sometimes grow weary of this fight... Sometimes I think that a grudge must be forgiven, even to these two”, as he points to Ignuch and Aquan.

Aetheron: [5]

Action: Accept Kursk's offer

You speak out, weary from your loss of energy. “I am still not sure... These two may ruin the world if left unchecked. Perhaps I could hire you as bounty hunters? Ignuch and Aquan are both partial to a particularly evil group of bio-mages... The cult of Bozkaroon.”

You see a small twitch in Kursk's eyes when you say the word Bozkaroon. Curious.

“If you can take down the Bozkaroon, Ignuch and Aquan will lose much of their power.”

Effects: Energy level [20/450] (Will shrink in size, and eventually disappear as it loses energy levels. Energy is gained and lost similarly to health.)

Magic:

Manipulate air (Major)

Create air (Major)

inventory:

Kursk Ryrgysshi [9]

Seeing that Aetheron has ceased his hostilities for now, you lay out an offer for him.

“You seem quite low on energy, Aetheron. We may be able to help you in that regard, but I require that green orb. Perhaps a trade may be in order?”

Level up! You have learned Basic Diplomacy.

Basic diplomacy

Magic:

Level 5 – XP: 163

Manipulate Earth (major)

Create Earth

Manipulate Stone (major)

inventory:

Vig[5 + 1 = 6]

You begin to feel tired, but Aetheron's energy pops your brain up again.

You search for Raider's corpse, and pick up his bottle of purple liquid, mumbling “So long, and goodbye friend.” under your breath.

You see Kursk's diplomacy attempt, and decide that absorbing Aetheron wouldn't be a good idea. Instead, you choose to take this moment of solace to focus on your weaker fire powers.

Sitting on the cold stone floor, you begin your focus on manipulating fire. You conjure up a small wisp of fire, and shape it into a cube. You add in another small amount of fire, pushing your magical skills to the limit. Through practice, you feel your abilities expand, and you toss the cube of fire at the stone wall.

You have learned Manipulate fire!

Effects: Energized (+1 to rolls under 6)

Create Fire

Manipulate Fire

Create Earth

Manipulate Bone (minor)

Manipulate Air

inventory:

Darien[1 + 2 = 3]

You feel much safer behind Terrak, so you decide to stay near him.

Not noticing the diplomatic situation going on with Aetheron, you begin aiming your bow, ready to finish him off.

Drawing on your new-found bow skills, you make sure your aim is directly for the center of Aetheron's spinning wind. You let the arrow fly, and to your horror, see Kursk standing next to Aetheron. It all clicks into place, and you feel your heart sink as you see the arrow flying towards the air elemental.

To your luck, a bolt of fire reaches out just before the arrow hits, and burns it up in a puff of smoke.

Magic:

inventory:

Byrssh Ryrgysshi [6 + 1 = 7]

You see that the situation with Aetheron is well under control, so you move on to the next order of diplomatic business.

“Ignuch, we must stop this fight. Aetheron has already taken the first step in a peaceful agreement, and it's time you do too. Your power is great, and it would be a shame for it to be wasted in a raging fight.

Aquanau-- I mean Aquan. The same applies to you. You are also obviously a being of great power, and only using it in combat would be a great waste.

Both of you, please reconcile your differences, and together we could achieve greatness!”

Ignuch and Aquan look a bit puzzled as to what to say, but you feel like your message has hit home with the two elementals.

Basic bow skills

Magic:

Create fire

Manipulate Fire

inventory:

Ignuch: [8]

Action: Be convinced by Byrssh

You listen to the fox-man's proposal with interest, realizing he has a point.

“Very well. I will call a truce with this water being for the mean time... You have a silver tounge, Raynar.”

Magic:

Manipulate fire (Major)

Create fire (Major)

inventory:

Aquan: [7]

Action: Be convinced by Byrssh

You hear Ignuch's agreement, and see that it would be silly to try to fight him at this point, with the others on his side.

“Alright then. I seem to have little choice, but I agree. What is the next order of business?”

Effects: Energy level [400/450] (Will shrink in size, and eventually disappear as it loses energy levels. Energy is gained and lost similarly to health.)

Magic:

Manipulate water (Major)

Create water (Major)

inventory:

Nu Mou: [10]

You decide to help out in the diplomatic area of this encounter, and begin to slip into the Void to bring some ice back with you.

You walk around the now-familiar darkness of the void, looking for some water. Something seems to be suppressing your mind in the Void, but you fight your way through it easily. You walk around for a bit more, and find a spring of water. Chilling it with your water manipulation skills, you make a large chunk of ice.

Slipping back into the real world, you bring your ice back with you. Chiseling away at it with your mind, you begin to sculpt a sign you think Aquan will appreciate.

A few minutes later, you are left with a beautiful statue resembling a great water snake you've head legends about. The ice seems to be easy to work with, and you begin to feel a bond forming with it.

You have learned Manipulate Ice!

Magic:

Level 3 – XP: 70

Create water

Manipulate water

Manipulate ice

inventory:

Craften: [12]

Seeing that there's not much combat going on right now, you decide to better your magic skills.

You stand behind Kursk's stone wall, and begin to focus inwards on the flames spinning around your soul.

Being somewhat of an apprentice mage, you quickly slip into the Void. The comforting feeling of having a safe place to practice your magic reassures you, and you begin concentrating. The fire inside your body begins to shift between different parts of your body, first your left arm, then the right. Attempting to control it, you shove your hands out, commanding the fire to follow them.

“WHIZZ!”

A bolt of fire thrashes out of your body, lighting up the darkness in your mind. The art of fire manipulation and creation seems clear now.

You phase back to reality, seeing the bolt of fire continue on the the real world, hitting Darien's arrow.

“Sorry Darien!”

You have learned Manipulate fire and Create fire!

Magic:

Level 3 – XP: 80

Animate object (minor)

Manipulate fire

Create fire

inventory:

Action: Observe the diplomatic situation

You see Byrssh talking to Aquan and Ignuch, and Kursk talking to Aetheron. Both attempts at diplomacy seem to be going quite well, so you rest, recharging your elemental energy.

Magic:

Manipulate earth (Major)

Create earth (Major)

inventory:

Game Events:

A flash of light echoes out through the door leading to room 5. In addition, and loud roar smashes through the room, silencing all conversation.
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:21 pm

Roll #24

Vig[7]

You see that Aetheron has been convinced to stop his hostilities, and decide to give him back his energy as a show of faith.

Channeling the swirling air through your body, you point your hands at him, and see a bright stream of wind swell through the air, disappearing into his body. He rockets up in height, now the size of an average sized elf.

“Thank you, kobold. Indeed, I may be able to work out an agreement with you...”

You fire off a question at him. “My late friend Raider obtained this vial of liquid... Do you perhaps know of it's origin or use?”

Aetheron responds quickly, in a grave tone. “Yes, in fact. I know this substance all too well... We must dispose of it quickly, lest it fall in to evil hands. It is Bozkaroon, the substance used by a group of the same name. It causes one to lose control of their mind and body.”

Satisfied with Aetheron's response, you turn away and begin to channel your remaining magical energy.

The swirling magic in your soul feels powerful, and you begin to pull it closer to your mind. After a few minutes, you feel well prepared and rested for whatever may be behind the door.

Effects: Ready to cast magic (+1 to magic related rolls. Additional +2 if the roll is under 4. Lasts one turn.)

Create Fire

Manipulate Fire

Create Earth

Manipulate Bone (minor)

Manipulate Air

inventory:

Darien[7]

You decide that your current magical powers are quite lacking, and decide to dabble in some water magic, as it seems to be underused by your party. You focus inward, looking into the smallest crevices of your mind, searching for anything that would help you on your magical quest.

Suddenly, everything in your mind is dark. You are a bit frightened, as you have no magical experience to speak of, and have never heard of this happening. A soft voice echoes through the darkness. “Welcome to the Void, Nessus. Magic flows freely here, and can be attained by all who can understand it. “

You stretch out one of your hands hesitantly, and feel the resistance of water pushing against your skin. Your eyes flutter open, and you are shocked to see a beautiful green landscape stretching as far as your eyes can see. Looking down, you see a small pond of crystal clear water, and decide to step on to dry ground.

Once on the comforting grass at the side of the pond, you begin focusing on duplicating the water in the pond, as that seems to be the smartest way of creating more of it.

After a few seconds, you understand what must be done. Reaching forward with your mind, you simply let your wishes be known to the water. You release your mental grasp on the water, and see an amazing feat occur. Right before your eyes, the water level in the pond rises up, as if assisted by some sort of pump. You are satisfied with this result, and decide to return to reality.

You close your eyes, and when you open them again, you are back, your fur still dry in real life. However, you carried over your knowledge of water, and you let a small grin escape from your mouth.

You have learned Duplicate Water (Major)!

Magic:

Level 2 – XP: 33

inventory:

Byrssh Ryrgysshi [12 + 1 = 13]

You continue your conversation with Ignuch, simply stating “We came seeking riches within this dungeon. But now we seek answers. The people of our town are facing a great evil, and we intend to find out more to save them from that which would enslave them. “.

Ignuch looks back at you, a small amount of disapproval in his eyes. “Why worry about them if they are obviously so weak? Make stronger allies with me... I know of a group that would be glad to see you join. When we exit this dungeon, I will help you find them.”

You see that this line of conversation isn't going to far, and decide to change the subject to something closer to Ignuch's expertise. “I've created this fire whip, do you have any advice or opinions on it?”

He pauses for a second, then answers.

“Where did you get the metal the handle is made from? It is Runocium, but it should not exist in this world.”

You quickly reply. “When I brought the whip back from the Void, it had that handle. I have no idea what could have happened.”

Ignuch looks at you cautiously, but continues explaining to you. “I'm the fire guardian of over a thousand worlds, and only one that I know of has access to Runocium. The last time I went to their land, they only had access to the physical world, but I have the feeling that has changed now. Access to the Void could be dangerous in combination with their mastery of runes and dictatorial leadership.

In regards to the whip, it is safe to use. In fact, it was most likely infused with a fire rune while in the Void, making it even more powerful. Do not let it fall into the hands of Palshar and his evil legions.”

You take a step back, and admire your infused weapon. Looking towards the room from which the flash of light came from, you see a shadow appear in a crack in the wood door.

Diplomacy level up!

Skills: Diplomacy (+2 to diplomatic rolls)

Basic bow skills

Magic:

Create fire

Manipulate Fire

inventory:

Kursk Ryrgysshi [8]

You decide to wander off from your normal route of earth magic, and dabble in some air manipulation. Your previous studies make it easy to concentrate on this new form of magic, and you quickly go to the Void.

Opening your eyes, you see a large, enclosed stone room. You aren't wearing any footwear, so you feel the cold and slimy stone at your feet. Drawing on your vast magical powers, you push out your hands, and feel the air around you begin to flow. At first, it is just a small breeze, washing through the room. Within seconds however, the air around you erupts in a veritable explosion of stormy power.

Your eyes open. You are back in the physical world, with Aetheron staring at you, inches away from your face. You jump back in surprise, nearly falling down.

“I apologize. However, I may be able to explain what happened. Because of your strong bond with earth magic, the art of air manipulation will naturally be harder to learn than other magic. The same occurs when some attempt to learn both water and fire magic.”

You nod you head, and decide to attempt restoring some of Aetheron's energy. Standing with strong footing on the ground, you channel your knowledge of the air around you, aiming it at Aetheron. You feel weak, and your very life essence seems to be flowing out in a small stream, along with the air.

Aetheron smiles, and says “Thank you, Raynar. Once there is a better time to talk, I will discuss the details of my request.”

You have learned Manipulate Air.

Basic diplomacy

Magic:

Level 5 – XP: 172

Manipulate Earth (major)

Create Earth

Manipulate Stone (major)

Manipulate Air
inventory:

Nu Mou: [3 + 1 = 4]

You decide to ask Aquan for training in water magic, as he seems to be an expert. You walk towards him, and talk frankly.

“Aquan, I wish to have you teach me in the ways of water magic. I have made a ice sculpture in your honor, as a form of payment.”

He looks at you, with dismay in his eyes. “You want ME to teach you magic? Hah. Many worlds would gladly sell their population into slavery for a simple word of wisdom from me. And you offer a sculpture in offer, as if I have never seen one before... I am not stupid, Bangaa. I realize that you only wish to use my powers, and then attempt to discard me later.”

You walk away, dumbfounded. You feel quite a bit less confident with your words than you did before, and decide to practice your speech in the future.

You have lost the “Basic diplomacy” skill.

Skills: Ice manipulation proficiency

Magic:

Level 3 – XP: 70

Create water

Manipulate water

inventory:

Craften: [11 (lucky first rolls 0_0)]

You feel happy that your attempt at learning fire magic worked out so well, and decide to look around, seeing if anyone wants help.

Practically bouncing up and down with nervous energy, you decide that you should utilize it, and decide to go back to the Void to learn some more magic.

This time when you open your eyes, you see a large block of ice. Reaching out with your mind, you try to move around the particles of water which are practically stationary. At first, you only manage to more around a handful of molecules, speeding up their motion, which in turn causes them to melt.

However, as you continue to practice, the process gets easier and easier. Within a couple of minutes, you've melted the entire block of ice. You then decide to evaporate it, and shift your stance to better prepare for the mental strain.

Once you are well grounded, you reach out to all of the water, and start moving them around at high speeds. As you watch on with glee, the water evaporates, leaving you with only a steamy version of the Void.

You open your eyes, back in the physical world. Happy with your newfound skills, you sit down, resting your weary, albeit capable brain.

You have learned Manipulate Water!

Magic:

Level 4 – XP: 100

Animate object (minor)

Manipulate fire

Create fire

Manipulate water

inventory:

I will not be rolling for the four elementals unless they have a specific, important action to portray. It is simply too much work for too little reward. I will continue to update their profiles.

Aetheron: [~]

Action:

Effects: Energy level [260/450] (Will shrink in size, and eventually disappear as it loses energy levels. Energy is gained and lost similarly to health.)

Magic:

Manipulate air (Major)

Create air (Major)

inventory:

Ignuch: [~]

Action:

Magic:

Manipulate fire (Major)

Create fire (Major)

inventory:

Aquan: [~]

Action:

Magic:

Manipulate water (Major)

Create water (Major)

inventory:

Action:

Magic:

Manipulate earth (Major)

Create earth (Major)

inventory:

Game Events:

The wooden door leading to room 5 opens, and a humanoid figure wearing a bright purple outfit jumps out.

"Welcome to Zaikon's magical teleporting inn and marketplace! Would you perhaps like to stay a while?"

From behind the man, you see a typical inn scene, with a crowd of people eating and drinking along a long wooden table, all sitting on a bench that seemingly stretches on forever.
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next