Novalia Roll 2 Dodge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kenisis Games

2 posters

Go down

Kenisis Games Empty Kenisis Games

Post  Saima Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:05 pm

I was just wondering if anyone else wanted to play a "kenisis" style R2D, similar to the one that Dragonchampion hosted on the Wesnoth forums. I'd volunteer to make it, but I don't have the greatest track record of rolling on time for one game, so I won't try two. I like the simple yet freeform rules that kenisis-based games usually employ.

Step up and make a game where Vitakenisis is vital! A game where you can devise Multiplication and Division! A game where Cardkenisis is... cardy?

Oh boy, I'm bored.
Saima
Saima
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Kenisis Games Empty Re: Kenisis Games

Post  8680 Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:45 pm

I assume you are referring to Dragonchampion's Roll 2 Dodge Wesnoth Edition Part 1, id est before the party went through the portal to Base-Buildia and lost their psionic abilities?

I... don't think the abilities being named *kinesis and styled as psionic is as much a defining characteristic of that system as the “anything can happen with a good/bad enough roll”, and the die roll result scale giving a 1 in 6 chance of getting such a roll.
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Saima Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:51 pm

Yeah, that's perhaps a better description of what I'm looking for. However, the free-formity (NotAWord™) that -kenisis abilities allow for definitely helps to maintain some sort of realism, albeit a futuristic and implausible one, in my opinion..

Edit: I stopped reading after about page 112, before the thread got archived... Just looked through the trimmed thread and saw the direction the game went in. Interesting...
Saima
Saima
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  8680 Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:13 pm

Saima wrote:Yeah, that's perhaps a better description of what I'm looking for. However, the free-formity (NotAWord™) that -kenisis abilities allow for definitely helps to maintain some sort of realism, albeit a futuristic and implausible one, in my opinion..
If you're saying that having consistent rules for magic/psionics improves suspension of disbelief, and having the aforementioned rules be that it can do almost anything allows the author/gamemaster to get away with almost anything while mostly retaining suspension of disbelief, then I concur, and was not dissenting; my point was that such abilities could be named *mancy or *urgy and be styled as magic, or be named *logy and styled as superscience, and it would still work, though it would presumably affect the theme of the game considerably.

Saima wrote:Edit: I stopped reading after about page 112, before the thread got archived... Just looked through the trimmed thread and saw the direction the game went in. Interesting...
I compiled the archive; I could attach a (compressed) copy if you'd like to read the other 35 pages.
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Saima Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:26 pm

That would be nice. I'll get to find out what happened with those shadow monsters Very Happy

I like the flavour that kenisis(es?) give to a game, but that's just opinion. Mind you, that's what this thread is really about.
Saima
Saima
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  8680 Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:56 pm

Saima wrote:I like the flavour that kenisis(es?) give to a game, but that's just opinion. Mind you, that's what this thread is really about.
Ah, so it's the theme too. Previously you only mentioned the rules.

Saima wrote:That would be nice. I'll get to find out what happened with those shadow monsters :D
Uh... I should have made sure this forum has an attachment feature before I said that... excuse me while I set up file hosting....

Edit, ~45 minutes later: Here.
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down