Novalia Roll 2 Dodge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The World of Prismpunk

4 posters

Go down

The World of Prismpunk Empty The World of Prismpunk

Post  Zerovirus Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:01 pm

The World of Prismpunk LOHACsig_part_oneThe World of Prismpunk LOHACsig_front_binderThe World of Prismpunk PrismpunkLogoThe World of Prismpunk LOHACsig_back_binderThe World of Prismpunk LOHACsig_part_one_flip

THE WORLD OF CHIRAL
The World of Prismpunk Worldm11

Last edited by Zerovirus on Wed May 18, 2011 10:42 pm; edited 5 times in total
Zerovirus
Zerovirus
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

http://forums.wesnoth.org

Back to top Go down

The World of Prismpunk Empty Re: The World of Prismpunk

Lore of the Lands:

Raitala:

Empire of Vosalsvrax:

Hethasila:

Arsene Commonwealth:

Pallatir:

Vornimund's Estates:

The Shadowed Highlands:

The Etherdune Wastes:

Last edited by Zerovirus on Wed May 18, 2011 10:40 pm; edited 4 times in total
Zerovirus
Zerovirus
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Artifacts:

There's actually large backstories behind each of these items. If any of you want to try to figure out the missing parts, correct answers will lead to in-game bonuses. How the items work and what really happened to them, for instance, would be good places to start.

The Foursight of Silas:

Singing Swords:

Radiant Silvergun:

The Inkhearts:

Elemental Reactors:

Alchemy Forges:

Eternal Pandora:

Last edited by Zerovirus on Wed May 18, 2011 10:36 pm; edited 3 times in total
Zerovirus
Zerovirus
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Notable Personas:

Rein de Detun:

Vornimund Dorgoth:

The Triple Chair:

Raitalan Resistance:

Tiamat Venthor:

The Gravekeeper:

Current NPCs Known:

Last edited by Zerovirus on Thu May 19, 2011 6:55 pm; edited 3 times in total
Zerovirus
Zerovirus
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  FLAMELASHER Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:10 pm

Nice map, how did you make it?
FLAMELASHER
FLAMELASHER
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Wesfreak Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:18 pm

Which of the three fronts are the players heading towards?
Wesfreak
Wesfreak
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Zerovirus Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:27 pm

Shikahu Front- towards the Empire of Vosalsvrax. The Empire currently has the best standard of living, and hires the most mercenaries for you guys so you won't be lacking for housing and food. At the worst you guys could head into Pallatir to enjoy a spartan life or up to the Darklands and live a peaceful life.
Zerovirus
Zerovirus
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

The World of Prismpunk Empty Teleportation Discussion

Post  Bigkahuna Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:44 pm

Start of Movement Concept, Ownership, and "Soul Power" discussion.

Could I extend my Ownership onto other people? Say, for protection purposes? Or would I need a "stronger soul" or the like?

EDIT: Are "group teleports" possible? Could I extend my Ownership to teleport our posse?
EDIT2: You said mixing "Movement" and "Vitality" would allow me to slow down a person's heart rate, for example. Was this just an example that is now negated by this discussion?

Last edited by bigkahuna on Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Zerovirus Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:52 pm

Generally, the stronger your soul gets the more magic you can support. This doesn't just go under Concept, it's for all magics- the stronger your soul is, the more you can do. It's just that Concept is a bit more direct with how soul influences magic.

Extending your own ownership would mean figuring out some way to have your soul classify your allies as possessions. That carries inherent psychological risks. I mean, you could just make a teleport spell with the payload defined as multiple ownerships- you and your friends. It's the common way to do mass teleports. Same goes for mass shields.

The movement+vitality thing is still possible. It's just that whoever you're doing it on would have to either permit you or it'd have to be beneficial for them. It'd work as a healing thing, perhaps to slow down an overpumping heart, but it wouldn't work as a weapon. Ownership only really applies when extraneous magic will cause apparent harm to the soul's jurisdiction.
Zerovirus
Zerovirus
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:02 pm

How does your soul gain strength? And can I learn group teleports with concept magic? Or would it have to be a custom-made Material Magic spell (or a combination)?

EDIT: yeah, convincing your subconscious and your soul that people are possessions would pose a problem in the future for sure.
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Zerovirus Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:10 pm

Your soul naturally gains strength as you live your life. Your soul is mathematically the strongest on the day you die, in fact, barring issues like memory loss and a certain disease, Soul Stigma. You can actively strengthen your soul by exercising it through conflict- slowly challenging yourself to think in creative ways and exercise different ways to use magic. The process of finding a new way to overcome a monumental challenge that you could not have defeated before is what makes your soul more powerful.

There's people out there who eat souls to make them stronger. They're generally not nice people. However, Soul is the most powerful magic fuel in the world, and to more unscrupulous mages the commodity is in high demand.

You could learn group teleports with Concept Magic: Movement+Unity. Or you could find or draw up a Group Teleport Circle, but those are difficult to make, given their inherent complexity. Material Magic would probably use large amounts of Megethomantic runes to do a group teleport, and Megethomancy rune scrolls cost a heck of a lot.

As a general rule, if you want to accomplish a certain thing there are usually different ways to do it in every single magic class, and there's usually no one single way to do something. The one restriction is that Concept Magic cannot be used to change the body, as that begins to interfere with Ownership and then your soul's connection with the Absolute Zone gets shortcircuited, causing you to literally lose your soul to the abyss.
Zerovirus
Zerovirus
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:15 pm

Are the Elemental Reactors in Pallatir supplied by souls, then? That would explain all the mass wars and yet the infinite supply of magical power.

Also, how do we know what concepts there are out there? Which concepts can easily be learned? Do we just come up with a random literal concept?

Finally, did your statement: "...the one restriction is that Concept Magic cannot be used to change the body..." mean that I could in fact utilize group teleports without the Unity concept (since teleports do not alter the body by definition)?
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Zerovirus Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:20 pm

bigkahuna wrote:Are the Elemental Reactors in Pallatir supplied by souls, then? That would explain all the mass wars and yet the infinite supply of magical power.

Also, how do we know what concepts there are out there? Which concepts can easily be learned? Do we just come up with a random literal concept?

Finally, did your statement: "...the one restriction is that Concept Magic cannot be used to change the body..." mean that I could in fact utilize group teleports without the Unity concept (since teleports do not alter the body by definition)?

Pallatir? Maybe. Maybe not. I will tell you that the continuous war does have a purpose, though.

You do in fact just come up with a random literal concept.

I'm not quite sure what you're driving at with your last idea, but if you're going to do group teleports you're going to have to use Unity or some equivalent. Without Unity, you'd have to teleport one by one. Perhaps you should explain your idea further? I'd hate for there to be a loophole in my system.
Zerovirus
Zerovirus
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:25 pm

Forget that last portion, I misread you.

You said I needed Unity+Movement for group teleports. But since each "Ownership" is considered as one object, why do I need to learn Unity to move/teleport multiple objects? That would be like Wesfreak having to learn Unity to heal multiple people with his Provenance concept.

Also, can I teleport inanimate objects (by, per se, tying one of my teleport symbols to it)?
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Zerovirus Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:33 pm

Oh, whoops. I guess there's precedent for not needing Unity, then. This whole thing is starting to get away from me- all the rules I came up with are starting to tangle up :s

Unity is still a useful concept, though. For example, with Unity you could get a temporarily combined Ownership and do a magic attack powered by multiple souls for multiplied power.

Teleporting inanimate objects? If you want to do that why not just draw a different teleport symbol on it? You have the ability to teleport something with a symbol on it back to you, instead of teleporting yourself to that object. Note that the larger an object is, the correspondingly larger your symbol must be- and if you make a symbol too big it becomes prone to small errors in the symbol screwing everything up.

I think we should probably take this kind of discussion to the Worlds thread- that's what I put it there for, after all.
Zerovirus
Zerovirus
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:04 pm

Agreed, after this one last question Smile

So do I need to designate "teleport-me-to" runes and "teleport-to-me" runes for the benefit of my subconscious and magic using in general? If so... from now on, these will be my teleport runes. I'll have so much fun writing them on people for pranks Smile

Teleport-me-to: "=)"
Teleport-to-me: "=("
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Zerovirus Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:06 pm

Well, it's not necessary, no, but the benefit of splitting the two up is that you know what you're doing at all times. That, and you won't get the opposite effect of your intended teleport direction if you roll a 1.

So your new teleport symbols are approved! I do think you're going to have a lot of fun with the symbols. A word of caution- watch out for symbols drawn the exact same in your vicinity. Weird stuff could happen.
Zerovirus
Zerovirus
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:08 pm

Just to clarify this - I do have to hold one tele-rune at all times? And can it be multiple tele-runes? What if I want to teleport one object to another? And don't worry I'll try to merge this convo into the Worlds thread when we're done.

Sorry about asking you all these questions.
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Zerovirus Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:16 pm

You must always have one of your symbol stones in order to access your movement network. The more telerunes you have in a single Movement Network, the more risk there is of... Weird stuff. Even a two-way network holds the risk of doing the reverse of what you want to do with a roll of 1. The more nodes you put in, the more variety emerges with side-effects. To transport multiple people with your current skill, you'd need to give all of them a teleport symbol so you can take them with you to a destination. You could try to develop a new skill for multi-teleportation, but you don't really have the time now as that's a whole new topic of discussion.

If you want to teleport one inanimate object to another, you'll need three nodes- one for you to hold, one on the thing you want to move, and one on the target you want to move it to. Let me just say that at your current soul strength you'll fail on a roll of 2 or 1, with 1 being... REALLY weird stuff.

At your level of thinking, though, I think your skill has gotten to a new level. You've figured out enough of the rules of Movement Concept teleportation that you get a general skill upgrade explaining new capabilities. How does the name Telesymbol Network sound? This augmented technique basically covers everything we just went over- transport of multiple people, transport of objects, two-way transport, etc.

I figure you've done enough thinking about your abilities to merit discovering more aspects of your skills. (Yes you can get expanded abilities by talking to me about them, in case you're still not sure. Bigkahuna's the only one who's actually discussed his skills with me thus far, I think.)

Also, I keep saying Weird stuff because I don't actually want to give away the effects. The effects are weird, though!
Zerovirus
Zerovirus
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:46 pm

Since I have a bit of time left and the last discussion went so well, I'd like to continue on this line of questioning.

Now that teleports have been dealt with, let's move on to limitations and to Accel Control. Lucky you, eh?

How can I stop freezing up when I use Accel Control? Is it because I'm "multi-tasking" onto another object with my mind? And I suppose I need more soul-power to accel/decel items more, correct?

Why can I only teleport up to 20 feet or to the visibility line? Again, is it soul-power?

Why do I have to use symbols for teleportation? Netatiano Vie, for example, can use Concept Magic without symbols (cloaking and teleportation). Do I have to work up to this point (so that I can "magic multi-task" without overloading my brain) by just learning more concepts?

How do I imbue weapons with Concepts? That seems to be the next step in magic.

Finally, how can I gain soul power without waiting til I grow old or start sucking others' life force? Do I have to use Unity and ask people to allow me to leech off of them? Or is there some other power source? How did Netatiano Vie gain more wieldable power?
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Zerovirus Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:41 am

Accel Control: It's more due to you giving up your inherent movement when you tap the Absolute Zone. With greater soulpower, this may cease to be an issue in the future. Same for increased degree of acceleration/deceleration.

You can teleport up to twenty feet or the visibility range. The OR here indicates that you can only teleport up to an unseen node if it's within twenty feet- if you can see a node clearly enough to identify the symbol you have on it, you can teleport to it from any distance. Naturally, at some point you won't be able to read your node all that well, and since you're using rocks the size of your hand for now I just set the arbitrary sight-distance to be twenty feet.

As for the symbols themselves, you're a beginner. Having things to focus on when you do magic makes it easier in Concept Magic- Netiatono himself uses his Patchwork Cloak as well as random various Patches as foci. Still, he definitely doesn't do it as much as you- get more soulpower!

To imbue a weapon with a concept... Well, that's a secret for the in-game process. I can tell you that it's not without its drawbacks, and that Concept-Imbued weapons ARE rare for that reason.

To gain soulpower, you test yourself. You gain more soulpower for killing a dragon than you do for driving a cart. Do crazy awesome things and crazy difficult things, and you will find that your magical stamina will increase dramatically. Not everyone has the same soul power when they die, and the soul is a metaphysical muscle that you have to exercise by driving yourself to the limit. The recent encounters have been doing great things for your soulpower, you know- especially struggling out of the Dark Mage's grasp for you, Bigkahuna.

Perhaps I should introduce a stat beneath HP to measure relative soulpower?
Zerovirus
Zerovirus
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Wesfreak Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:38 pm

I think that would be a good idea.

End of Movement Concept, Ownership, and "Soul Power" discussion.

Last edited by bigkahuna on Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Bigkahuna's effort to organize conversations by discussion.)
Wesfreak
Wesfreak
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down