Novalia Roll 2 Dodge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Of Magic and Metal R2D

+8
Malregima
Rulyon
AerynPierre
Darien
Bigkahuna
FLAMELASHER
its_crunchtime
12 posters

Page 28 of 28 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28

Go down

Of Magic and Metal R2D - Page 28 Empty Re: Of Magic and Metal R2D

Post  Rulyon Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:34 pm

Saima wrote:I've been playing against the others for a while.

And we never questioned "how?" when he said he could lead us to the Mine Warden's quarters...

Then he gave away our presence when we arrived...shrugged it off as a "mistake"...

...well-played, sir!
Rulyon
Rulyon
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:55 pm

Interesting... Saima, was this your choice, or did Crunchtime pull a Super-Secret-PM on you? Wink

Crunchtime - If you did the "Super-Secret-PM" method telling Saima that he works for the Mine-Warden, just know that I've always thought that it's more fun to choose your player's mindset yourself. But apparently, this time it worked for you.

Also, including players in major plot twists can turn out badly if:

A. They aren't good roleplayers.
B. They get tired of following along.
C. They screw everything up somehow, and you can't stop it without controlling his/her actions or Godmodding.

I tried this a couple times in my last game... Once, when I let a player play an NPC (Rulyon -- he did a rather lovely job of it too Wink ) and another time when I let a player join in the game as one of the enemy (converted).

It worked fine for my purposes (the NPC was a temporary character, only meant to introduce a game system & the enemy character was only mix new players up from generic villager types), but I've always felt afterwards that it restricted the players on their motives/backstory, forced them to wait until I revealed it all and were acting on insufficient knowledge, or were forced to do whatever I told them.

Just my one and a something cents...

Do you want this locked now, or do you want to leave it open for further discussion?
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Saima Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:57 pm

He PMed me to ask if I would like to RP against the rest of the party, and I accepted. That's the only viable way for it to be done, IMHO.
Saima
Saima
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:00 pm

Ah, okay. That's pretty neat. But also rather fiendish, as none of the GMs at the forums have ever done something like that before Wink

What do you think you'd have done if one of the players eventually suspected you?
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Rulyon Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:05 pm

/\
||
||

Is now re-reading the rolls and face-palming at all the missed signs.
Rulyon
Rulyon
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Saima Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:29 pm

I don't really know. Probably just denied everything and blamed it on bad rolls Razz

Ah well, it was fun while it lasted.
Saima
Saima
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  its_crunchtime Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:25 am

Bigkahuna wrote:Ah, okay. That's pretty neat. But also rather fiendish, as none of the GMs at the forums have ever done something like that before Wink

BAM! Anything can happen in one of my games! Everyone is a suspect! Trust no one!

The whole traitor-concept really would have come into play more a bit later on. If anyone was wondering why Saima was perpetually getting poor rolls, it's because he succeeded in his hidden PM'ed action, so I had to fudge his roll to make it appear like he failed, when he really succeeded.

I did leave a few signs though!(As Rulyon is finding) Of course, signs always seem way more obvious to the one who is writing them.
Ah well, I was just trying something different.
I probably won't do it again for atleast a game or two... otherwise people would start getting too aware for it to be fair Razz .

Bigkahuna, you are on the waiting list!

and...
Do you want this locked now, or do you want to leave it open for further discussion?

I suppose this can be locked now...

I had a blast writing this, and thank you to all who participated. Hopefully I didn't disappoint you all too much by ending this prematurely! (I already explained my reasons)
Rest assured that never again will I close a game of mine for lack of a plan!
Oh, and be on the lookout for my next game... probably will put it up within a week or two!
its_crunchtime
its_crunchtime
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:33 am

And so endeth a wondrous tale of Might and Magic... Metal shapeth'd into pointy objects... Of plots and treachery and only slightly overpowered guards and quasi-treachery-which-was-really-an-attempt-at-self-preservation...

So endeth... a legend.

OR DOTH IT?

Spoiler:

/Locked
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content