Novalia Roll 2 Dodge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Of Magic and Metal R2D

+8
Malregima
Rulyon
AerynPierre
Darien
Bigkahuna
FLAMELASHER
its_crunchtime
12 posters

Page 15 of 28 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21 ... 28  Next

Go down

Of Magic and Metal R2D - Page 15 Empty Re: Of Magic and Metal R2D

Post  8680 Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:16 pm

Malregima wrote:I do not know how the world works but usually wont the golem just fall apart since its creator is dead?
Before you joined, after we had killed their controller, two golems became friendly and gave us items that could be used to summon them.
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  AerynPierre Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:31 pm

I almost said that too 8680...but that was different than this instance. The Mine-Ward was just bossing them around, we don't know the difference on how the Metalcaster is connected to the Golem...
AerynPierre
AerynPierre
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Rulyon Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:38 pm

The uncertainty you speak of is why I included an action accounting for an active golem.
Rulyon
Rulyon
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  its_crunchtime Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:50 pm

Excellent Saima! I will add you on to the list in front, and introduce you in the next roll...

Which you guys will have a long time to think about, since I will be gone for the next 12-ish days on a vacation. rendeer
So I will roll after I get back...
Enjoy the break everyone!
its_crunchtime
its_crunchtime
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Malregima Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:31 pm

NUUUUUUUUUUUUH
WHY LEAVE US HANGING LIKE THAT!?!?!?!?

meh, its_crunchtime, just take a little bunny with you will yah?

it's the same old one :3
Spoiler:

Malregima
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinobody Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:02 pm

Aw, damn, I'm new and wanted to apply on waiting list...
Oh well, 10 days gives me time to read the whole thread Very Happy
Shinobody
Shinobody
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Saima Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:13 pm

Welcome to the forums Smile

Perhaps you'd like to join my game? It has 2 open spots. [/blatant self advertising]

Saima
Saima
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Malregima Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:18 pm

Saima wrote:Welcome to the forums Smile

Perhaps you'd like to join my game? It has 2 open spots. [/blatant self advertising]
LOLOL Saima XD
i smell invasion Razz

Malregima
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Saima Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:26 pm

Hehehe Smile
Saima
Saima
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Malregima Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:20 pm

RANDOM BABY ATTACK!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTCQpjUrCe8&feature=feedf

click at your own demise

Malregima
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  its_crunchtime Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:56 am

I'm back from my vacation!

Anyone holding off from posting their actions can post now. Shinobody, if you would still like to play, just tell me and I will add you to the waiting list.
its_crunchtime
its_crunchtime
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinobody Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:45 am

Yep, still want to play. Put me on the waiting list, please.
I'm patient person.
(pretty much like vultures Twisted Evil )
Shinobody
Shinobody
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Saima Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:10 am

Oh my goodness... I haven't read the thread -_-

Be right back...

*starts reading the thread*
Saima
Saima
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  8680 Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:32 pm

Minor : Enter defensive mode.
Major : Throw shadow-blades at the Metalcaster.
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  its_crunchtime Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:38 pm

I can give you a quick summary if you want, Saima (though it won't be very detailed, so you may miss out on a few things that seemed insignificant but actually will be crucial once the game actually "begins" when the players get out of the mine)

Added you to the waiting list, Shino. Yay, I have a waiting list! Very Happy

I was toying with the idea of letting players come up with "backstories" for their characters, where the players, if they wanted, would pm me a short (or longer, if desired) write-up about their characters history before they volunteered in the army (ex: Lumberjack, Hunter, Blacksmith, ...). It would pretty much give me more information to draw on when writing about characters, enriching the rolls a bit more. I could even make it so that if you spent a roll "remembering" your past skills, you would gain some skills related to your past. (Taking a cue from Dragon's original R2D here)

Yes or no? It would be totally optional, so I figured I would run it by the players first, so you guys can decide if you want to do it or not.
its_crunchtime
its_crunchtime
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Saima Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:33 pm

Actually, if you could give me a synopsis of what has happened so far, I would be very grateful. I'm busy this week, and frankly have more urgent things to do than read a R2D (no matter how good it is Smile)
Saima
Saima
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Rulyon Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:46 pm

I'd love that! Smile
Rulyon
Rulyon
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Malregima Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:36 pm

I seconded what Rulyon said.
I shall pm you the story once i stop having artist block
e-e

Malregima
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  its_crunchtime Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:59 pm

Alright, great!

Anyway, so Saima, so far... (you probably should read the thread if you have time, I'm probably going to do a bad job of explaining it Razz )

The starting six players volunteered in the army of their nation in the upcoming war against the Crasain Nation, and were subsequently captured and sent to Reyna Mine to work as prisoners mining. Since Reyna Mine is a sort of POW camp, all the miners in the mine are also prisoners. After a few months, they were approached by a man named Ordal, who told them about his plan for an insurrection. Soon enough, it began, when the players where in the Deep Mines. They killed their Mine-Ward chaperone, freeing two creations of metal. They then went into the elevator station from which they came down into the Deep Mines from. They fought a short way in, before the ceiling was opened up by a Metalcaster, and Ordal, Talvik (the Metalcaster), and two other miners jumped through. Introductions were made, plans were told, and the group ran away into the Deep mines, following Ordal to another elevator. They stopped a short distance from it, and a "discussion" happened, where the players were informed of some things.

You should probably read that yourself since there's some important topics talked about, the entire two discussion rolls are on page 12.

After, they went up into the mine's main level, and found a map. Ordal layed out his escape plan, and they set off down the tunnels. A creature form the Deep Mines was fought, as well as a shadow creature 8680(Kreja) inadvertently summoned. They then raided a storeroom, and emerged into the Chasm, where the prisoners/miners are housed. A short battle later, Flamelasher quit the game with an action to kill Ordal, and his character ended up dead in the dirt.
Now the gang is charging towards a spellcaster who is enchanting a large golem that is blocking the way out of the chasm. A large contingent of soldiers is also on the retreat, pushed back by swarms of miners, so the players only have a short time to escape the chasm before the soldiers emerge onto the street they are on.
So the current goal in the Prologue is to escape the mine, after which Part I will begin, and a greater plot will be introduced, as well as a bit more freedom being given to the players.

I think that's it, did I miss anything important, players?
EDIT: Right, the miner named Reyna is actually a summoned spirit who Ordal can sacrifice to destroy the mine. The players have no idea how this happened, since Ordal gave them a short answer when they asked.

Last edited by its_crunchtime on Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:51 pm; edited 3 times in total
its_crunchtime
its_crunchtime
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Darien Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:09 am

Major:Use my Terralius to pull a piece of rock from the wall and throw it at the mage.
Minor:Check corpse for anything useful.
Darien
Darien
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  its_crunchtime Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:37 pm

Saima, I totally forgot, can you PM a message of your characters appearance (not what he/she is wearing), personality, and gender? I was finishing the roll, and when I got to your characters introduction, I remembered that I had no information!

Yeah, so roll is up once I get Saima's characters info, guys.
its_crunchtime
its_crunchtime
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  its_crunchtime Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:59 am

Roll is below~

------------------------------

Vitr{6} skids to a stop, digging a slight furrow into the dirt. Natania, Talvik, Darien and Kreja similarly halt their respective charges. Raising his arm, he grips his elbow with his other hand, and sights down his arm. Vitr’s companions race by, Jayk brushing by him as he speeds by.
A slight movement, but one that throws off Vitr’s aim just enough, as he releases the energy from his white-hand, the beam spiraling through the air, narrowly missing the Vitr’s companions, as it blasts into the mages left shoulder, ripping right through it. She is sent flying through the air, crashing heavily against the rock wall of the cavern, blood spurting from her rent shoulder as she falls to the floor.

A rumbling sound fills the air as the golem raises its fists, prepared to defend the mage with its life. The opportunity comes a moment later, when Jayk, leading the charge with his shiled covering his chest and his sword held out like a lance, comes within range of the golem. Jayk begins to fake to the right, when the golem lets fly with one of its fists.

Metal Golem attack
D6 + 3(creature strength) + 4(heavy) = D13

Jayk defense
D6 + 3(shield) = D9

Raising his shield in a pitiful defense, the golems fist slams into it, the force of the blow curving the sides of the shield around the golem’s fist. Jayk is sent flying back with a cry of pain, the arm that was holding the shield -having been ripped free of the straps- flopping wildly. He crashes into Reyna, who was trailing behind the group as per Ordal’s demand. They both fall to the floor, but while Reyna nimbly slides out from Jayk, he remains onto the floor, groaning. Reyna, uncaring of what happens to Ordal’s group, merely looks at him apathetically.
The golem, Jayk’s shield now encasing it’s fist, makes the rumbling sound again, but already the rest of the melee attackers having already run by.

Natania{6}, momentarily distracted by Jayk falling to the ground a few feet infront of her, quickly snaps back to the matter at hand. Wrenching her whip off her belt, she lashes out at the golems leg, hoping to make it trip.

Natania attack roll
D6 + 1(dagger-tipped whip) + 1(tripping) = D8

Golem defense roll[/u]
D6 + 4(heavy) = D10
[b]3

The whip coils around the golem’s leg, the dagger tip scratching the metal. With a yank, the golem, already off-balance from the punch, tumbles onto it’s back, narrowly missing Ordal.

Kreja{8} conjures up two blades of shadow, remembering to coax the shadow the way she instead of forcing it. Twirling the daggers around her body to ward off any missiles, Kreja quickly realizes that she is in no danger, and she launches her daggers at the mage’s prone form. They spin end over end, straight over the fallen golem, limbs flailing as it tries to right itself. The sight reminds you of a turtle knocked onto its back.

Then the daggers sink into the mages back, and her struggling ceases. A moment later, Gerrick’s rock that he just ripped out of the wall slams down on her head, and both Ordal and Sala slash her back with their blades.
The golems struggling ceases, it’s limbs locked into place in the air, appearing as if it just turned to stone.
Everyone stands there for a moment, surprised at the easy kill, until a groan from Jayk brings them back to reality.

“Natania, check his wounds! Make sure that he can still walk! Talvik, examine that thing! I want to make sure it’s really dead!” Ordal begins calling out orders, and the named jump to. The sounds of fighting seem closer, and you are all reminded of what happens if the retreating guards find you all standing here.

Gerrick{10}, slightly sheepish at his over-kill, runs over to the mages body, rummaging through her robes many pockets for anything of interest. Finding a few circlets, you smile at the feel of money in your hand. It’s been awhile, with your imprisonment and all, since you have actually held real, tangible money. Stuffing them in your pouch, you also find a few odd, contorted roots, a ball of twine, and a vial filled with some sort of green liquid.
Since space in your bags is limited, you leave the roots, but take the ball of twine and the vial of liquid, figuring that they would be more useful than the roots.

“His arm is broken!” Natania calls out, as she and Vitr help Jayk to his feet, whose face is white with pain.

Ordal stalks over, clearly displeased. Examining his arm for himself, he gives a slight nod.

“We’ll heal him once we’re down the tunnel.You two carry him in the meantime.” He then whirls around and jogs over to Talvik, who is running his hands along the golem’s side.

“Sure thing Ordal! And your welcome!” Natania mutters, as they help Jayk along towards the cave mouth.

“It’s a thankless job, for sure.” Vitr says with a slight smile.

“Thank you…” Jayk whispers with a rasp, his eyes clenched tight against the pain.

“It’s dead! Let’s move!” Ordal calls out, causing everyone to begin moving towards the opening in the wall of the cavern.

“Ordal? Is that really you?” A voice calls, and a rather small man nimbly steps out of an alley directly to the left of Ordal.

“Saima?” Ordal says, obviously surprised , “I thought you were dead!”

“Those soldiers almost had me, true!” Saima says with a laugh. “But a favorable explosion allowed me to escape! Along with this.” Saima unsheathes a shortsword as he speaks, the same kind most of you currently carry.

“That’s great. Good luck to you, Saima, and I hope to see you again, but we really must be off.” Ordal turns back towards the tunnel as he spoke, and motions towards the rest of you with his hand.

“Why don’t I tag along? Another sword arm cannot be a bad thing!”

“Oh… uh, sure. I had figured that you had other things to do, but if you are free, than by all means, join us!”

“What other things would I have to do?” Saima mutters to himself, as he falls in line with the others.

“How do you do, Saima? I’m Natania!”

Ordal leads you all through the tunnel, though your progress is slow at first, until Jayk manages to walk on his own. The tunnels are quite, and look identical to the ones you all traveled through earlier, glowstones and all. Passing right by one fork, you all begin to become bored with the uneventful walk.
Attempts are conversation don’t catch, however, and other than a few more introductions by Saima (who Natania claims is “much more fun than Nameless”) the trip passes in relative silence, other than the clump of boots on the tunnel floor -which erratically changes from rock to dirt, than back again- and the occasional kicked stone. Walking straight through a four-way intersection, your group continues onward once more.

“I’m bored.”

“Me too.”

“Why is there no one in these tunnels?”

“Shut up! Have you ever thought that it’s because we are being so quiet!” Talvik's sharp hiss firmly buries the notion of conversing.

Another fork is passed, and Ordal turns you all down a sharp curve, where another tunnel branches off. This too, is ignored.
Soon enough, the tunnel appears to open up into a massive cavern ahead of you all. Sounds of battle and cries of pain echo back to you, and Ordal stops a stones throw from the opening.

Turning to address you all, he says: “I give you a minute to prepare. There will be some fierce fighting ahead, as the gate is just inside that cavern. Someone see to Jayk’s arm, and I advise you all to prepare yourself.”

With that, he motions to Talvik, and they walk a short distance away, and begin speaking quietly.

One turn until move.
----------------------------------
Character Information:
Map of North Reyna Mine:

Last edited by its_crunchtime on Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
its_crunchtime
its_crunchtime
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  AerynPierre Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:32 pm

Sits down and mediate, trying to reconnect with some long dead skills he had before his capture.
AerynPierre
AerynPierre
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Malregima Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:17 pm

minor: meditate and thinks about Jayk's broken arm after laying him down
Major: Heals Jayk

Malregima
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  its_crunchtime Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:10 pm

Wow, things are really slow right now, aren't they? Normally I would have everyone's actions by now...
its_crunchtime
its_crunchtime
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 28 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21 ... 28  Next