Novalia Roll 2 Dodge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Of Magic and Metal R2D

+8
Malregima
Rulyon
AerynPierre
Darien
Bigkahuna
FLAMELASHER
its_crunchtime
12 posters

Page 14 of 28 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 21 ... 28  Next

Go down

Of Magic and Metal R2D - Page 14 Empty Re: Of Magic and Metal R2D

Post  Darien Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:11 pm

Of Magic and Metal R2D - Page 14 Original
Darien
Darien
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  its_crunchtime Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:25 am

The roll is here!(Wow that was really fast, I must be improving in my typing speed)

-----------------------------
Feeling the pain emanating from his sliced knee keenly, Jayk{9 -2=7}(Technically, your entire action is a minor, but you got a success anyway, so I just put it down) quickly reaches over and grabs Kail’s longsword from the man’s loose grip, unbuckling the sheath as you do so. Scooting behind the relative cover provided by your companions, you quickly assess your injury. It doesn’t look too bad, and the bleeding is nothing life-threatening. The pain still stings something fierce, however, so you figure that it would be better to abstain from healing yourself right now. Realizing that you are quite vulnerable on the ground, you heft your shield as best you can, keeping it in front of you as a ward against any potential attacks.

Vitr{9}, pleased at his quick kill, cuts the straps attaching the longswords sheath to Machan’s belt. Lifting the sword from Machan’s limp fingers, Vitr replaces it in its sheath, and quickly ties said sheath to his belt. Seeing that Isaac is fully occupied with warding against attacks from Natania, who is trying to strke through his blocks, Vitr decides to pull off a little assassination maneuver. Skirting around on the edge of his vision, you try and get close enough to slide your dagger between the exposed flesh at the back of his neck.

Sneak Check
D6

Isaac awareness check
D6

Isaac notices nothing other than Natania’s knife moves. Not your quick roll towards him, not your leap, dagger outstretched, and he notices nothing at all when your dagger slides into his neck, the blade ripping out his throat as well. With a gargle, he goes down, but not before Natania’s final attack, a thrust that Isaac had been moving to block, stabs home into his ribs.
“Nice combo.” Natania remarks as she withdraws her dagger. Vitr only nods.

Witnessing this, Arthur has seen enough. Throwing his sword down at his feet, he tears off his helm, hurling it at Nameless, and whirls around, running towards the bridge without even seeing if his hit lands. Nameless doesn’t even move, since the throw was wild and soars way over his head.
“Spare me! I surrender!” Arthur screams as he pelts down the street. He doesn’t get far when an angry miner intercepts his run with a thrown pick, flying end over end before its spike buries itself in Arthur’s back, severing his spine.
“Looks like you’re the only one left. Care to surrender?” Ordal asks, easily avoiding Serh’s wild swings.
“I fight to the death!” Serh roars, punctuating his swing with a lunge.

Natania{-}(Target dead, action is now a minor) sheathes one of her daggers and pulls out her whip. Coiling the end around the hilt, then tying it off securely, Natania is pleased to find that she has created a new weapon. Swinging it around a few times, to test if her knots will hold, she then places the dagger-tipped whip back on her belt.

Kreja{1}(uh oh) starts to defend herself, moving her blade around in swift, easy motions, but stops when Isaac gets slain, since Serh is completely tied up in combat with Ordal. Figuring that now would be a good time to try and summon a shadow creature, Kreja reaches into her mind and grasps hold of her shadow control. Taking hold of all the shadows nearby, Kreja commands them to coalesce together into a ball.
Channeling some of her power into the ball, you also send a mental command in the strange language of shadows that you innately know as a result of your power that pretty much amounts to “serve me!”
A deafening roar, defiant and powerful, blasts you back, and you are shocked to see the shadow form into a being that can only be described as horrible. Teeth as long as swords and claws…
But then suddenly it is gone. Huge wings of shadow sprout from it’s back, easily spanning the street, and commanding the attention of all nearby, including Serh and Ordal, who briefly interrupt their fierce battle. The creature pushes off with two powerful hind legs, and soars up into the ceiling of the cavern, disappearing among the dense shadows there. A monumental grinding sound immediately follows, and a stalactite the size of a tree soars down from the ceiling, spearing a house to your immediate left.

Taking advantage of the lull in combat, Serh obviously decides to go back on his previous words. Launching a swing that forces Ordal to jump back and stumble into Talvik, sending them both sprawling, Serh whirls around and sprints down the street, moving incredibly fast for someone in full armour, even if the armor is as light as the surplus mine-guard ones. A miner leaps out from an alley to intercept him, but Serh merely slams into him with his massive shoulder, and headbuts the man as he goes by, the helmets mandibles each stabbing the man in an eye. He goes down in a scream of pain, and Serh makes it to the bridge without opposition, slipping through the ranks of guards, and then disappearing through the tunnel that the golem still guards.
“Excellent, Kreja. Yet another of your shadow friends come to play with us?” Gerrick asks as he helps Jayk up now that the fight is over, oblivious to his winces of pain.
“Get off me!” Talvik shoves Ordal off of him, then leaps to his feet. “The Mine-Ward has escaped!”
“Yes yes, that’s awful.” Ordal climbs to his feet, looking nervously at the ceiling where the creature disappeared. “But we have more pressing concerns. Loot what you will, everyone. Then we must move. I do not relish the thought of spending any more time around an angry shadow creature than I need to.” Ordal moves over, helping Sala to her feet. Pulling a bandage out of his satchel, he quickly cleans and covers the wound, kicking Kail once as he does so, drawing an agonized groan.
Up ahead across the bridge on the left, another group of miners has surfaced, fighting the guards back near to the tunnel. You can all clearly see a robed figure standing on the floor between the golem’s feet that are set shoulder-width apart. He -or she- appears to be in the throes of some sort of spell casting. On the right across the bridge, the guards and fleeing miners have completely disappeared among the warren of shanty prison-homes.

Ahead of you all, a cluster of three miners have gathered around Arthur’s dead form. They are glancing back at your group nervously and muttering as they do so.

Other players actions voided since they are irrelevant now.
-----------------------
Opponents:
----------------------------------
Character Information:
Map of North Reyna Mine:
To all players!
Minors are actions that are:
Looting, walking or running(JUST walking or running), entering defense mode, talking to anyone(unless you want to initiate a Discussion), buying or trading with someone, simple crafting, etc.
its_crunchtime
its_crunchtime
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Darien Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:38 am

Minor:Leave my Omnite shortsword and pick up Kail's war axe.Keep a wary eye on the miners.
Major:Train with my new war axe.
Darien
Darien
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Rulyon Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:24 am

Minor: Disarm Kail.

Major: Hold my sword to Kail's stomach and heal him. Once he regains consciousness tell him: "I healed you on one condition: You help us escape this mine. Do we have a deal?"
Rulyon
Rulyon
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  8680 Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:11 am

Are there any penalties for dual-wielding?
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  its_crunchtime Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:09 pm

Nope. Only the penalty of being shield-less!(If you have one)
its_crunchtime
its_crunchtime
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  AerynPierre Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:29 pm

Minor: Debates with himself whether or not he wants to keep the Omnite longsword, definitely seems like it will be a weapon to slow him down. Decides to hold onto it for the time being...maybe he could sell it or trade it in a little while. Go over to Ordal and Telvik, absentmindedly wiping the blood off of the dagger on my jumpsuits leg. "Could either of y'all enlighten us as to the nature of that spell caster...?"

Major: After hearing their response, goes over to a nearby house and practices throwing the dagger...hopefully to improve his accuracy enough that he can aim for kinks in adversaries armor.

AerynPierre
AerynPierre
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  8680 Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:45 pm

Minor : Leave my longsword. Take Isaac's shortswords. If Nameless is dead, take his piece of mansine.
Major : Attempt to improve my Control of Shadow. I need more practice.

Last edited by 8680 on Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Malregima Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:11 am

i swear i am having dejav about having to fight shadow monster....

minor: swearing colorfully at Kreja for summoning yet another fiend monster, decides to walk toward Jayk to see what he is doing
major: if the summoner of the golem shows any hostility, attack him/her
If summoner is not, ignore
If the miners shows any hostility, charge at the closest one with dagger
If miners is weary but not bothering my group, help Jayk with healing if he needs assistance
If Jayk is finished with healing, decides to learn a basic metalcasting (smelt, like melting metal so that i can merge the pala claw with the rod i found).

wow, longest action type i did so far @_@

Last edited by Malregima on Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:52 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Oh sorry i got lazy and stop reading.)

Malregima
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Darien Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:38 am

Malregima wrote:i swear i am having dejav about having to fight shadow monster....

minor: dodging and following ordal to exit, swearing colorfully at Kreja for summoning yet another fiend monster

We aren't going anywhere this turn, Malregima. We are just staying on the street and looting. It seems like a "free turn" for training and such.

Darien
Darien
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Malregima Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:53 pm

i've been wondering, when do we get "hungry" or "thirsty?"

Malregima
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  its_crunchtime Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:06 pm

When your characters get hungry or thirsty.... Twisted Evil

Anyway, I PM'ed Flame for his action, so once he posts I will try and roll. It might take longer than usual though, since we have company staying at my house so it's harder to get on my computer.
its_crunchtime
its_crunchtime
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Malregima Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:42 pm

its_crunchtime wrote:When your characters get hungry or thirsty.... Twisted Evil
oh ho ho hoo... Razz

random question
does anyone read manga, if so, do you have suggestion?

Malregima
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  FLAMELASHER Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:05 pm

Stab Ordal in the eye, then commit suicide.
FLAMELASHER
FLAMELASHER
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Rulyon Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:34 pm

Ok! We have everyone's actions! Who's next on the wait list?

I'm so tired is Flamelasher's tRolls. -_-

Last edited by Rulyon on Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rulyon
Rulyon
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  8680 Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:38 pm

Rulyon wrote:Who's next on the wait list?
Nobody, apparently.
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Rulyon Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:48 pm

So time to change the title to include a message stating we have room for one more player, then?
Rulyon
Rulyon
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Malregima Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:42 pm

Rulyon wrote:So time to change the title to include a message stating we have room for one more player, then?
why?
isn't this 6 player game not 7 players?
unless someone dropped out Suspect

Malregima
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  its_crunchtime Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:51 pm

Flamelasher dropped, Malregima. I won't say I'm sad, but how come, Flamelasher? Any comments/ criticisms/ improvements you could offer?

Yup, I will change the title, Rulyon your a mind reader Laughing

Anyway, I will start to roll now!
its_crunchtime
its_crunchtime
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Rulyon Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:54 am

Just please don't kill Ordal because Flame decided to be a douche and make things difficult for the rest of us. pale Sad
Rulyon
Rulyon
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  its_crunchtime Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:34 am

Four of Ordal’s words ring out in your mind: Loot what you will.

Figuring this to be a great idea, Gerrick{8} reverses his grip on his shortsword and buries its blade in the soft brown loam that makes up the street. Taking up Kail’s war-axe instead, you take no heed to his agonized mewling noises. Lifting the axe blade up in front of your face, you briefly examine the weapon. Nodding your satisfaction, you walk down the street a few feet, moving right past Jayk, who is looking at Kail thoughtfully.
Gripping the axe in your right hand, you begin to swing it around, at first flailing wildly, but soon enough you are moving it in calculated moves, spinning it around your shield sometimes, imagining that you are finding breaks in an imaginary opponents guard. Your arms begin to screech in protest after a while, so you stop, breathing heavily, fogging up the lens in your helmet. You feel much more familiar with the axe now, and are confident that you can use it better than you could your shortsword, which you leave in the dirt.

An idea forming in his head, born of the thought that allies in this dangerous situation are pretty much mandatory, Jayk{6 – 1 = 5} kicks Kail’s sword aside, sending it skittering away along the dirt, out of Kail’s reach. Placing your hand on his stomach, simultaneously holding your blade’s point just above his abdomen, you go to breach the mental barrier that separates your healing powers from the rest of your mind, your sliced leg sends out one final attack, the pain, slight as it is, distracts you and breaks your concentration. You immediately break the barrier and try to heal Kail, but that moment of distraction was enough, and Kail had already departed from this life.
With a sigh, Jayk straightens, staring down at Kail’s corpse with an empty look on his face. Despite the fact that Kail tried to kill you, you still feel as if you failed him by not saving his life. Noticing Natania standing beside you, you raise an eyebrow.
“I was going to try and help…”
“It’s fine. You could not have done anything anyway.” With that, Natania moves away.
“He would have betrayed us anyway, given the chance. We are war prisoners, Jayk. He is a loyal soldier of Crasain.” Talviks rumbling voice steals away your contemplations, and you give him a nod, deciding not to dwell on it any longer.

Vitr{6} gazes at the longsword on his belt, silently debating whether or not he should keep it. Being slower than a shortsword, it would definitely slow him down on the defense, but then again, it’s extended reach would make up for that, along with its heavier weight to really beef up your offensive game. Deciding to keep it for the time being –after all, you could always sell or trade it once you reach that town in Rathmut Valley- Vitr saunters over to Talvik and Ordal, wiping the sanguine blood off of the dagger onto your jumpsuit’s leg as you do so. The simple yet intimidating action catching the attention of both, you take the opportunity to ask a relevant question. "Could either of y'all enlighten us as to the nature of that spell caster...?"
Talvik gives a bit of a laugh at your question. “Well, judging by him or hers motions, they appear to be a metalcaster casting some sort of spell…” He squints at the mage for a moment, and then turns back to you. “Yup. A metalcaster casting an enchantment onto that golem, though I have no way of telling what sort of enchantment it is until I hear the incantation and see the components. Not really relevant, though, since that caster is our first target once we make it across the bridge.”
With a nod, you make your leave, moving over to a nearby house. You begin throwing your dagger at a house, aiming at a small crack halfway up the wall, and retrieving your dagger after each throw. The dagger bounces off the wall more times than it sticks, but you have made definite progress with your throwing skill.

Kreja{6} tosses her longsword down at her feet. Striding over to Isaac’s fallen form, she kneels down and snatches up his shortswords. Giving them each a quick twirl, you slice the sheaths off of Isaac’s belt, and then tie them on your own, cutting off the longswords sheath as you do so.
Closing your eyes, you extend tendrils from your mind into the nearby shadows. Instead of ripping them away to do your bidding, you instead gradually ease them into your grasp. It appears to work, the shadow moving along into your hands without complaint, feeling like putty, though when you try and grip it, your fingers go through the shadow. Realizing that you have figured out a better way to conform the shadow to your will, you release them, and resolve to control shadow that way next time.

Spouting off a few colorful and inventive curses at Kreja, who is not listening anyway, absorbed in her shadows, Natania{7 – 2(Learning magic without a teacher) = 5} watches Jayk curiously. Seeing what he is going to try, you move over to help him. You are about to ask how you can help when Jayk gives a little spasm of pain, and you see Kail finally go still. Jayk sighs and stands up, truing a questioning eyebrow on you once he notices you standing there.
“I was going to try and help…”
“It’s fine. You could not have done anything anyway.”
You nod and move away, an idea forming into your head. If you knew metalcasting, you could probably attach the rod to the claw. Closing your eyes, you draw out your rod of balzite and access your mind in a similar matter to the way you do when you use your palm of healing.
Nothing.
You try again.
Zilch.
You try different ways of accessing your mind, you visualize commanding the metal, a thousand different things, but the end result is always the same.
Nothing happens.
Frustrated, you tuck away your rod, and only then wonder if you should have asked Talvik fro help before trying yourself.

You are all distracted suddenly by a roar of rage from Nameless.
“What in the world is your problem?” Ordal asks, seeming annoyed.
“I’ll not have you guiding this group on a path of suicide any longer! Why, I bet you work for the Mine-Warden! Why else would you let the other one escape!” Nameless is advancing on Ordal now, his sword drawn. In response, Ordal merely sheaths his own.
“I assure you, Nameless, that I am on your side. After all, I am the one who orchestrated this whole insurrection!”
“What a convenient excuse for you! No, Ordal, I know your plan. I know where you want to go, and why. I’ll have none of it!”
“You know nothing.” Ordal whispers, and with that, Nameless charges, flinging one of his rocks at Ordal, who leans to the side slightly to avoid it, then leaping the distance, swinging his sword at Ordal as he lands in a diagonal swipe that would cut Ordal from thigh to opposite shoulder. Ordal moves one foot back, turning his body sideways, and Nameless’ blow sweeps harmlessly by. The attack is quickly followed by a horizontal strike, which Ordal ducks under, then leaps back up, smacking Nameless’ helmet with his palm in a stinging slap. Nameless launches a multiple-hit combination, Ordal nimbly dodging every single attack. All everyone can do is stare, transfixed by the fight.
Nameless ducks down low to the ground, stabbing up towards Ordal’s chest, who merely leans back, the stab narrowly missing him.
“This fight is over.” Ordal says, taking a step back. “I do not wish to harm you.”
“Hah! You cannot harm me, fool.” Nameless cries, lunging forwards.
In a quick motion, Ordal snaps his forearm under and up, deflecting Nameless’ stab up. Grabbing his wrist with his other hand, Ordal subtly twists, at the same time slamming his other palm into Nameless’ elbow.
A crack sounds, and Nameless’ sword drops to the loamy floor.
A cry sounds from within Nameless’ helmet, but Ordal has had enough. Drawing his dagger from his belt, Ordal sinks it into Nameless’ shoulder, immediately wrenching it out and sliding to the side, under Nameless’ other reaching arm, to slam the dagger hilt-deep into his other shoulder. A pivot and a back-kick sends Nameless falling to the floor, where Ordal immediately straddles him and sinks his dagger deep into Nameless’ neck.

Ripping out the dagger, Ordal wipes it on Nameless’ armor. Standing up, he casts his gaze around at all of you before replacing the dagger in his belt.

Nameless has fallen in battle, for better or worse. Thank you for playing!

“Let’s move.” Ordal says, and all of you fall in line behind him, Kreja stopping quickly to grab the piece of mansine in Nameless’ belt.
The trio of miners fall back from your group, and you all march across the bridge without opposition, stepping over the bodies of miners and soldiers. Once on the other side Ordal leads you all down a path for a time, where you step over more bodies. Soon enough though, you all take cover among some houses, a mere thirty feet from the golem and spellcaster, who is obviously lost in the casting.
“Alright, everyone. By my reckoning, we have a few minutes until the retreating group of soldiers gets back here. By that time, we must be long gone up that tunnel.”
“Wait, so this spellcaster is completely oblivious to everything right now?” Natania asks, peering around the corner of a squat building.
“Yes, until she finishes.” Talvik says, for now you can all see that the caster is a woman.
“Then let us just kill her with a quick stab.”
“You still have to get around that golem.” Gerrick pipes in.
“Dodge the hits, and get in close. A good plan, then! Let’s GO!” Ordal rises with a shout with his last word, and he charges around the corner, the rest of you following, though you could easily break out of the charge if you wish to.

The golem takes a few massive steps forward, it’s rough metal edges casting deep shadows all over it’s body. One single completely red eye stares out beneath folds of metal, looking like a pot of molten rock.
----------------------------------
Character Information:
Map of North Reyna Mine:
Malregima, I forgot to add the rod you found in the storeroom to your inventory, so I just added it now. Sorry!
its_crunchtime
its_crunchtime
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  AerynPierre Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:03 am

Minor: Halt my charge, bracing myself to where I have a clear shot at the Spellcaster and avoiding my allies as much as possible.
Major: Fire my White Hand, aiming a little upwards...targeting her high chest/neck/head area.
AerynPierre
AerynPierre
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Saima Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:45 am

Hello everyone. I would like to apply for this game (assuming the rules about only joining a certain amount of games don't apply yet).

I haven't read all of the rolls yet, but I am prepared to read all of them if I do get accepted into the game.

Name: Saima, if allowed. Otherwise, Raspin
Facial Appearance: Blue eyes, blond hair, youthful but perpetually slightly worried face
Saima
Saima
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Rulyon Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:14 pm

Major Action: Continue the charge, holding my shield roughly chest level, my sword level. I intend to impale her, using the momentum of my charge to drive my sword home.

If Vitr's blast hits her and kills her before I arrive, look to the golem to see if he is actively hostile.

If he IS hostile:
Find cover behind or inside a building, and shout: "Talvik, your expertise could come in handy here!"

If he IS NOT hostile:
Sheathe my sword and speak to the Golem. Ask if he would be willing to assist us in escaping the mine in return for us freeing him.

Last edited by Rulyon on Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rulyon
Rulyon
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Malregima Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:01 pm

Rulyon wrote:
If he IS NOT hostile:
Sheathe my sword and speak to the Golem. Ask if he would be willing to assist us in escaping the mine in return for us freeing him.

I do not know how the world works but usually wont the golem just fall apart since its creator is dead?

minor: pull out the whip
major: aim at the leg of the golem(if hostile) and tie the other end to a rock, hoping to make it trip.

Last edited by Malregima on Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:07 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : just minor edit)

Malregima
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 28 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 21 ... 28  Next