Novalia Roll 2 Dodge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aeinorean Chronicles - Dawn of Chaos

+7
its_crunchtime
FoolishBalloon
Saima
Jugsapoppin
AerynPierre
Rulyon
11 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Aeinorean Chronicles - Dawn of Chaos - Page 3 Empty Re: Aeinorean Chronicles - Dawn of Chaos

Post  ace223 Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:18 am

AerynPierre wrote: Green colored dot for now, if you please.

ARG I WANTED GREEN.
red or dark blue please.

if he is a distance from me
Pull out my Hand Crossbow from my back (i am guessing thats where it is) and aim for the mans head

otherwise
unsheathe my Short Sword at try to slash him across the stomach
ace223
ace223
Player
Player

Back to top Go down

Aeinorean Chronicles - Dawn of Chaos - Page 3 Empty Re: Aeinorean Chronicles - Dawn of Chaos

Post  Rulyon Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:37 am

I have completed the map for this battle and started the rolls; I have Kursk's, Worfang's, and Tanner's complete. Once Saima and Jugsapoppin post their actions I'll be able to finish it. Wow! That was almost record time for first-roll actions! The colors:

• Kursk-Dark Blue
  • Worfang-Blue
  • Raspin-Purple (should he summon his Eidolon I will represent it with yellow unless Saima changes it).
  • Raenyn-Red
  • Amondae-Green

@Wolfman, feel free to type out your role play actions. I encourage immersion! Just don't forget that a single round of combat only represents six seconds of time, so don't over-extend with that hyper-active imagination of yours.

@ace223, just to clarify, do you intend to take shot at his head now, or take this turn to line up the shot (gaining a +2 bonus to your attack roll on the next turn)?

@AerynPierre, sorry I missed that, bro. I'll correct it now.

@Everyone, how did you like the setting (beyond my now-glaringly-obvious proofreading failure)? Was such a setting enjoyable to read? Did you find the first opponent dispicable enough that you feel comfortable immediately trying to fight him? Posts in the future will only rarely contain such walls of text; when I DO go into such detail with the setting I will spoiler any portion that is pure flavor so you can skip it if you do not feel the need to read it all.

Last edited by Rulyon on Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Rulyon
Rulyon
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  ace223 Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:39 am

HEADSHOT PLEASE! Very Happy
ace223
ace223
Player
Player

Back to top Go down

Post  Saima Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:49 pm

I hope I've understood how this game works... Been a while since I've played a tabletop-style game Smile

Uhh... What to do, what to do... Melee? No. Magic? No. Summoning monsters? I don't know if that's wise, as summoning is limited daily pale

PANIC

Dart my eyes up towards the commotion. Think to myself: "Well, this was the reason I left the city... Time to do what I know best."

Cast Summon Monster to summon a riding dog and send it to attack PB. (I'm assuming the dog auto-aggros my opponents, or at least that's what I interpreted from the spell text...)

@Rulyon: The setting was very pleasant to read and well detailed. In terms of despicable-ness, PB is pretty high on the list.
Saima
Saima
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Jugsapoppin Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:44 am

Shocked Those poor women! Time to take this mofo down with a well-placed bludgeon to the back of the head! Twisted Evil

Go around behind PB to flank him, and attack him with my mace.
Jugsapoppin
Jugsapoppin
New Player
New Player

Back to top Go down

Post  Rulyon Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:08 pm

Thank you for your timely actions, everyone! I have the roll almost finished already; I will finish rolling, type it up, and post it tonight after I return home from a family event.

Those of you that sent me PMs, I will also address your questions at that time.
Rulyon
Rulyon
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Rulyon Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:13 pm

The roll is almost complete. Had to leave for work, it will be posted later tonight.
Rulyon
Rulyon
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Rulyon Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:44 am

Mood Music:

Story

"Jenni!" Tanner ducked under the counter as he shouted her name. When he stood back up he was holding a well-crafted heavy crossbow. It was loaded and ready for action. He brought it to bear at the man on the far end of his bar. Nobody hurt his girls and lived to tell about it.

It took less than a second for the five strangers in the tavern to come to the same conclusion as Tanner: the apparently mad man before them should be stopped. Permanently. Less than a second after that, everyone had jumped into action at once. Six strangers acting at once to avenge a murdered woman.

One of the reiherri stands on top of his chair and begins chanting, "Tyhjän kevään syvyyksistä esiin seuralainen..."

The male raynar drew a hand crossbow in a blink and took aim at the mad man's head before letting fly. His aim was low, however, and the bolt only succeeded in slicing a gash in the back of his arm before embedding in the wall of the tavern beyond. He did not even react to the pain, intent as he was on the male canith approaching him. He swung his club to meet the growling beast.

In two steps the canith had closed the distance, only to be clubbed in the ribs. He distinctly heard a loud pop as one or more of his ribs fractured under the blow, but he recovered quickly and punched across the man's jaw. The sight of the canith taking such a heavy hit and not stopping unnerved the man. Color drained from his face as he realized this group wasn't going to be the push-overs he initially thought.

"...jolla on neljä jalkaa ja uskollisuus!" A blue luminescent figure, canine in appearance, fades into being in front of the Reiherri, standing on top of the table. It drops down to the floor and, instinctively knowing it's master's desire, runs up to the psychotic man before leaping up to bite his arm. It's jaws closed on empty air, as the man had just swung at the canith again. The man missed his attack entirely as the canith leaned to the side, which simultaneously dodged the swing and revealed Tanner lining up his crossbow at the man.

The female Raynar had by now silently maneuvered behind the mad man and brought her mace to bear. Unfortunately, a sudden movement on the part of the man, completely unaware of her presence behind him, only intending to dodge the bolt Tanner shot, brought him out of her weapon's path at just the right moment. Pure luck prevented her from taking the shot instead. It flew down the hallway, also narrowly missing the battered woman before striking a painting in the hallway.

Not to be out done, the remaining Reiherri jumped up from his chair onto the table, shouted a challenge to the mad man, and hurled a tomahawk at him, hoping to disable his arm. The aim was true; the tomahawk struck the main squarely in his upper arm. A debilitating blow if it was his weapon arm, but it was his left, and the mad man was holding his club in his right arm. At least it will prevent him from swinging it with BOTH weapons...

The woman, Jenni, turns and hobbles down the hallway, groaning in pain and fright. The darkness in the hallway ensured that nobody could discern which doorway she entered.

The fight wages on...

Rolls

Aeinorean Chronicles - Dawn of Chaos - Page 3 Round1

Kursk(ace223)
ace223 wrote:if he is a distance from me
Pull out my Hand Crossbow from my back (i am guessing thats where it is) and aim for the mans head

otherwise
unsheathe my Short Sword at try to slash him across the stomach
Action: Shoot the Psychotic Barbarian with Hand Crossbow (1d4 dmg)
Roll: 1d20+3(Dex) VS Psychotic Barbarian's AC (13)
Result: [21] (18+3) [Success]
Damage Roll: [1]

Aeinorean Chronicles - Dawn of Chaos - Page 3 Round1-1

Worfang(Wolfman11983)
Wolfman11983 wrote:
  • Backpack and Glaive, heavy shield, and Short spear, would be left at the table I was eating at as Marcus would hurry to immediately face his opponent and catch him before he escapes.
  • Move to the assumed villain.
  • attack him with an unarmed strike: 1d4 + 4 damage | CMB +5
  • Using the unarmed strike as the focus for my use of Intimidate (+9), to Demoralize him.

Action: Attempt to Intimidate the Psychotic Barbarian with an Unarmed Strike. (1d3+Str dmg) (Provokes Attack of Opportunity from Psychotic Barbarian)
---->Interrupt Action: PB's Attack of Opportunity (Single Melee Attack with Club) Dmg: 1d6+2(Str)
---->Roll: 1d20+2(Str) VS Worfang's AC (16)
---->Result: [17] (15+2) [Success]
---->Damage Roll: [6] (4+2) (Worfang reduced to 6/12 HP)
Unarmed Strike Roll: 1d20+4(Str) VS Psychotic Barbarian's AC (13)
Result: [24] (20+4) CRITICAL THREAT
Confirmation Roll: [6] (2+4) [Non-Critical Hit]
Damage Roll: [7] (3+4) [Damage dealt allows Intimidation attempt]

Intimidate Roll: 1d20+9(Skill Bonus) VS DC 13 (10 + Target Wis(1) + Target Hit Die(3))
Result: [27] (18+9) [Success] [Psychotic Barbarion is now Shaken for 3 rounds]

Aeinorean Chronicles - Dawn of Chaos - Page 3 Round1-2

Tanner (NPC)
Action: Shoot Psychotic Barbarian with Masterwork Heavy Crossbow (+5)
Roll: 1d20+5(weapon bonus)-2(Shooting into Melee) VS Psychotic Barbarian's AC (13)
Result: [6] (3+5-2) [Fail] [20% chance to hit ally]
Roll: Percentage (2d10)
Result: [37] [Worfang is not struck]

Aeinorean Chronicles - Dawn of Chaos - Page 3 Round1-3

Raspin(Saima)
Saima wrote:Dart my eyes up towards the commotion. Think to myself: "Well, this was the reason I left the city... Time to do what I know best."

Cast Summon Monster to summon a riding dog and send it to attack PB. (I'm assuming the dog auto-aggros my opponents, or at least that's what I interpreted from the spell text...)
GM Note: Saima, the dog will not auto-aggro on your opponent. It follows your commands. Thus, it will not enter combat until you order it to do so. Since you specified you wanted it to attack the Psychotic Barbarian, I'll assume you ordered it.

Action: Summon Riding Dog, Order it to attack Psychotic Barbarian (Standard Action, Auto-Success)
School conjuration (summoning) [see text]; Level bard 1, cleric 1, sorcerer/wizard 1
Casting Time 1 round (As Summoner, 1 Standard Action)
Components V, S, F/DF (a tiny bag and a small candle)
Range close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Effect one summoned creature
Duration 1 round/level (D) (As Summoner, 1 Minute/level (D)
Saving Throw none; Spell Resistance no

Aeinorean Chronicles - Dawn of Chaos - Page 3 Round1-4

Riding Dog(Raspin's Minion)
Action: Move to and attack Psychotic Barbarian. (Bite : 1d6+3+Trip)
Roll: d20+3(2Str+1BAB) VS Psychotic Barbarian's AC (13)
Result: [10] (7+3) [Fail]

Aeinorean Chronicles - Dawn of Chaos - Page 3 Round1-5

Psychotic Barbarian (NPC)
Action: Attack Worfang with Club (Dmg: 1d6+2(Str))
Roll: d20+2(Str)-2(Shaken) VS Worfang's AC (16)
Result: [13] (13+2-2) [Fail]

Aeinorean Chronicles - Dawn of Chaos - Page 3 Round1-6

Raenyn(Jugsapoppin)
Jugsapoppin wrote: Shocked Those poor women! Time to take this mofo down with a well-placed bludgeon to the back of the head! Twisted Evil

Go around behind PB to flank him, and attack him with my mace.
Action: Move behind Psychotic Barbarian and attack with Light Mace (Dmg: 1d6+Str). (Now Flanking with Worfang)
Roll: d20+2(Str)+2(Flanking) VS Psychotic Barbarian's AC (13)
Result: [12] (8+2+2) [Fail]

Aeinorean Chronicles - Dawn of Chaos - Page 3 Round1-7

Amondae(AerynPierre)
AerynPierre wrote:If the Barbarian remains a threat by my turn...
Throw a Tomahawk at PB, trying for a debilitating blow. (Say to his hand or arm).
Action: Throw a Tomahawk at Psychotic Barbarian. (Dmg: 1d4+Str)
Roll: d20+Dex (1d20+1) VS Psychotic Barbarian's AC (13)
Result: [18] (17+1) [Success]
Damage Roll: [3] (2+1)

Aeinorean Chronicles - Dawn of Chaos - Page 3 Round1-8

Jenni (NPC)
Action: Turn and flee down the hallway.

Aeinorean Chronicles - Dawn of Chaos - Page 3 Round1-9

Round Summary
  • Kursk dealt 1 Dmg to Psychotic Barbarian with a glancing blow.
  • Worfang dealt 7 Dmg to Psychotic Barbarian, but received 6 Dmg from PB's Attack of Opportunity
  • Tanner MISSED his target, dealt no damage.
  • Raspin used his turn to summon a Riding Dog; The riding dog failed his attack on this round.
  • Psychotic Barbarian MISSED his attack against Worfang.
  • Raenyn MISSED her attack against the Psychotic Barbarian.
  • Amondae dealt 3 Dmg to Psychotic Barbarian.
  • Jenni disappeared down the hallway.

Aeinorean Chronicles - Dawn of Chaos - Page 3 Round2

GM Notes
  • Tanner will take a full round action to reload his heavy crossbow, so don't count on his shot in the coming turn.
  • Remember, you're up against a barbarian. He's strong enough on his own (he took out half of Worfang's HP in a single attack), but he can enter Rage at any time and become stronger and more resilient to your attacks.
  • The barbarian is at a major disadvantage. Not only is he surrounded, he is also intimidated. Which means the likelihood of him Raging in the next turn is almost certain.
  • The barbarian will always attack the last creature that successfully injured him before his turn.
  • You have the assistance of a summoned creature this turn. If possible, let it take the brunt of the damage for you. It can be killed and re-summoned easily. Resurrecting a PC is not so simple. (This would require specifying in your action to delay until AFTER the dog has acted. However, this would also mean your position in the initiative order would shift to immediately after the dog attacks and before the barbarian acts. This really only applies to Kursk and Worfang, all the others are behind the dog in initiative anyway.)
  • If you've closed to melee range, do NOT move away from him, other than by using a Five-Foot Step to disengage. Moving more than five feet represents turning your back on him, which would provoke an Attack of Opportunity as you flee. (The barbarian currently threatens Worfang, Raenyn, and the Summoned Riding Dog.)

---------------------------------

Phew! Seems every time I sat down to work on this roll, something called me away! The Mood Music spoiler is of course completely optional, everyone. I'm an immersive Dungeon Master. Lighting, aromas, music, sound effects, a bag of coins tossed on the table with a solid THUD to lend credence to an offered reward... I do it all. Best I can do on the forum though is link to some good music. (The selection this time is boss fight music from Final Fantasy VIII. Not quite a "Psychotic Barbarian" feel to it, but the first time you hear it in the game you're fighting a creature that looks and behaves very much like a Tyranasaurus Rex, so it carried the same impression to me!

What do you think, folks? This didn't quite feel "streamlined" enough (ha! Streamlining a stat-heavy DND game?). But how do you like reading it?
Rulyon
Rulyon
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Talkal Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:21 pm

I am not playing this, but I must say, that I really liked how you have made this roll Rulyon. I wanted something similiar to the overview map to do in my game. I also worked on how to make better the combat, and was thinking about something similiar to yours. Once again, great work on this. Smile
Talkal
Talkal
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Rulyon Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:48 pm

Talkal wrote:I am not playing this, but I must say, that I really liked how you have made this roll Rulyon. I wanted something similiar to the overview map to do in my game. I also worked on how to make better the combat, and was thinking about something similiar to yours. Once again, great work on this. Smile

Thank you Talkal. If you would like to make maps like this, the software I use is called AutoREALM, sort of a CAD program designed specifically to be used in making maps for RPGs.
Rulyon
Rulyon
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  8680 Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:38 pm

I haven't used AutoRealm, so I don't know if it's better, but have you tried RPTools?
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Rulyon Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:45 pm

Yes! I actually us RPTools for my live games over Skype. I chose AutoREALM for the mapping on the forum game because of the layer feature. I can leave myself notes and hidden features on the map, quickly make JPG images, and more, all by working within the AutoREALM's own custom .aux save format.
Rulyon
Rulyon
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Talkal Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:59 am

Thanks both of you, I will check both programs, and see what will suit me better.
Talkal
Talkal
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Wolfman11983 Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:25 pm

Worfang growls through his teeth. One part frustration at himself for misjudging this human barbarian before him, the other anger, for the human barbarian striking him on his approach. Worfang did not have the time to voice his complaints, his ribs did all the cursing for him. There is immense satisfaction from the throbbing soarness in his fist due to the collision with the man's face. At least the human's attack did not come free. By the look on the human barbarian's face, he has no idea how much pain Worfang is actually in, and that is fine. While not expected, the help from the others in the tavern is greatly appreciated even though everyone seemed to be attempting much more lethal force. Worfang's original plan to stop the human barbarian's flight is still viable, albe it a tad more urgent, now that he has the human's attention. Worfang makes an attempt to capitalize on the human barbarian's disadvantage while he is off balance and surrounded. Worfang braces himself for another attack as he shifts in close to the human barbarian in an effort to bring him down to the ground. While the man still deserved to be dealt with by the local authorities, his personal comforts were of little importance now that he saw fit to inflict such a painful wound to an honorable Canith Warrior.

Worfang's actions:

• Worfang will utilize his feat, Combat Expertise, to adjust his AC by +1 and reduce his CB by -1 for this round.
  • Utilizing his flanking position +2 CMB, and shaken bonus -2 enemy CMB, Worfang will attempt a trip attack. d20 +6CB

Last edited by Wolfman11983 on Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wolfman11983
Wolfman11983
New Player
New Player

Back to top Go down

Post  Rulyon Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:14 pm

Still waiting on actions from:
  • ace223 : PM'd
  • Saima : PM'd
  • AerynPierre : Text'd
  • Jugsapoppin : Nagg'd
Rulyon
Rulyon
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  ace223 Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:47 pm

Grab out my short sword, run along the top of the table towards the mad beast aiming for his head.

i like to aim for the head Very Happy
Does it give a dammage multiplier since there is no armor there?
ace223
ace223
Player
Player

Back to top Go down

Post  Rulyon Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:11 am

Yes it does, though the attack rolls for specifically targeted areas are taken at a -4 penalty.
Rulyon
Rulyon
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Saima Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:37 am

Erm... Whoops. I thought I had posted an action, but looks like I didn't. Guess I should have checked.

Move towards PB and mix up his face a little bit with my morningstar
Saima
Saima
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  AerynPierre Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:49 pm

My posts will improve soon...

Seeing everybody charge the PB, hang back and watch my sudden allies. If anybody seems seriously wounded, cast Heal Light Wounds on them. If not...Dive under the table and move to attack PB with my natural claws.

I need to clarify something to complete my action, text me and I'll discuss it

Last edited by AerynPierre on Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:37 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Finishing)
AerynPierre
AerynPierre
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Jugsapoppin Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:19 am

If Worfang is successful at tripping the PB:

Use my rope to hog-tie the PB.

If he is unsuccessful at tripping the PB:

Tackle the PB to the ground.
Jugsapoppin
Jugsapoppin
New Player
New Player

Back to top Go down

Post  Rulyon Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:23 pm

Roll's almost done folks. I've been spending my free time setting up the new forum, but I will have it finished today or tomorrow.
Rulyon
Rulyon
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:47 pm

Well Rulyon, I'm finally here posting a character. Most if it I was able to do on my own, but I'll need a few pointers. I'm not sure what to do for encumbrance, what to buy that will fit with my class, and if I did the feats correctly.

This may look like one of the wackiest character sheets ever, but... I created it to go along with the planned backstory for my character. Which I will write up once finished.

Oh... and the ale is non-negotiable.

Thanks!

Character Sheet:
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:38 pm

Attention New Members and Returning Players!

The forum has been relocated!

For a variety of reasons (our founder left, there's been a threat of arbitrary and sudden shutdown from forumotion ever since the forum was created), we as a community have decided to leave Forumotion and migrate to Freeforums.

The new forum is here!

To join our forums or continue playing a game that you are in, just register at our new location! Hope to see you there! We're very much still alive, and there's always room for more games and more players.

Rulyon - sorry for the abrupt notice, but I saw that no one was moving their games over, and that really needs to be done. We're stagnating in transition phase, and so I thought I'd kickstart it. Your archives, which include the Character Application posts, are up and running.

This thread has now been soft-locked. Please do not post after this message.
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3