Novalia Roll 2 Dodge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Regnar's GM Application

+2
Bigkahuna
Regnar13
6 posters

Go down

Regnar's GM Application Empty Regnar's GM Application

Post  Regnar13 Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:37 pm

[Game Ideas] I have had a few ideas, some better then others.

1. This would take place in a present day city. You would work in a business, get a monthly pay check, move up in ranks of the job you choose, and even, you will have to buy everyday items that are needed like food and clothing. This is my personal favorite mainly because it is different from everything else I have seen. Instead of battling a monster, maybe you would face the possibility of getting fired, or try and get a pay raise.

2. You were not born, you were created. Created to be the perfect soldier, each one of you combined with a different animal in order to be sold to the highest bidder. You were once one of there lab rats, locked up in a cell at night and being tested during the day. Not many knew of this project, project <insert name here (once I think of a good one)>. One day, you have the chance to escape and you take it, barely escaping with your life you find that you are in a forest just beyond that 10 foot fence. There are no roads, not even a path to follow, all you have is you companions, and your instincts of where to go, what to do, whether it is Drop of the Grid, Try to gain Revenge on your creators, or turn evil and go for world domination, one country at a time. The choice is yours, however the results depend on the dice.

It will be 1D6 die for the rolls and for the skill system, I will not use skill points, how ever, upon entry the Player will have to choose an animal that will be in there DNA and this will determine skills. For instance, maybe if you were to choose a dog as your animal then you might have a improved sense of smell, and be able to run faster then a normal human being.(That is what you meant by skill system right?)

I have other ideas but its late at night and I don't feel like typing them up right now >.<

[Why you want to be a GM] I feel that I can write an enjoyable story for people to play and, to tell the truth, it does look like fun getting to decide the fate of others. I'm not sure what else to put here...

[What style will your game be? (Fantasy, Scifi, Historical, etc.)]
Number 1 is Realistic I guess and number 2 is Sci Fi
[How often do you get on] I try to get on multiple times a day, but I am going on vacation so I wont be on for about a week.

Thanks for looking at this and I hope people Endorse me so I can make my story's into a game =D

Last edited by Regnar13 on Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:49 pm; edited 3 times in total
Regnar13
Regnar13
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Regnar's GM Application Empty Re: Regnar's GM Application

Post  Bigkahuna Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:37 pm

1. This sounds like it would be REALLY slow, to the point of boredom. Writing updates and rolls for working and eating would be dreadfully boring, for players and GM alike.

2. This one sounds more interesting. If you could make it like the Jason Bourne movies except you are a superhuman instead of an assassin, that would be REALLY awesome.

I endorse the 2nd idea.

Last edited by bigkahuna on Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Frogger5 Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:49 pm

1. Honestly, it sounds slow and boring. A business R2D probably wouldn't be very popular at all. And besides, your players would tear the story and setting to shreds out of pure boredom.

2. This one sounds more interesting, but a little too generic. I reckon the storyline needs to be a bit more complex, and there needs to be another goal for players instead of spending the whole game trying not to get caught.
Frogger5
Frogger5
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Regnar13 Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:58 pm

Ok I will think about that and try to add more to it to better them. I like the idea of making it kinda like a Jason Bourne movie, I will have to think about that.
Regnar13
Regnar13
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  FoolishBalloon Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:06 am

1. I think that it could be kinda fun, but add maybe gangsterstuff and delete the really slow stuff.

2. Sounds good to me, but it isn't really that unique from most other games. But still a good idea.

I support #1 if you improve it a little Very Happy
FoolishBalloon
FoolishBalloon
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

http://www.spelochfiske.se

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:01 am

Again, for #2 - perhaps you should dump the terrorists/future idea. If you improve the storyline a bit, throwing a curveball with the addition of civilians and "normal circumstances" while adding the international government conspiracy and chases would be a huge hit, IMHO.
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  JackBarber Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:09 am

Actually, Number 2 sounds nothing like a Jason Bourne thing...
It sounds FAR more like Prototype, or Infamous... Prototype a bit more but they are both rather close with the setting, but Prototype is almost the EXACT same only I think they were trying to use Alien DNA and not Animal...
JackBarber
JackBarber
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:13 am

JackBarber - I meant a mix of the basic settings.

Example - Player escapes from top-secret government-program, tries to find out who they are, is chased by the government around the world, and tries to live a normal life. Failing, player tries to destroy the government program that ruined their life. [Jason Bourne] Year - ~2000 or more

If you mix this with the Player merged with animal DNA/being a superhuman, it could get very interesting.
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  JackBarber Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:17 am

Like I said, the exact story of Prototype... XD
JackBarber
JackBarber
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:25 am

I had never seen/read Prototype so I don't know the storyline, sorry. Wink
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Regnar13 Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:42 am

I am gonna edit both of them a bit, may I ask which parts of number 1 sound boring that could be improved upon? The main reason I posted that one is cause it is different from everything else which to me is kind of harder to do.

The only problem with the Jason Bourne idea is that I would be unsure of where exactly to start it, would it start before or after they tried to live a normal life and if its before then I can't really choose if they try that or if they try that or not so it would have to be after.
Regnar13
Regnar13
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:44 am

The outline I posted was very general. You could skip the normal life part and make them start right at leaving the lab, or like you suggested start afterwards. We're just here to give you suggestions - you're the one in charge here Smile
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Regnar13 Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:58 am

Ok, i edited number 2, I'm thinking I will just drop number 1

I know its not great, and thats probably because of how tired I am, I will probably make it a bit longer and add a bit more detail later once im fully awake.
Regnar13
Regnar13
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Frogger5 Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:02 pm

Just one thing really really nags me about 2. Your a perfect supersoldier right? It's a darn shame that the game is you running away and trying to live a normal life, instead of being an elite operative working for an organisation trying to destroy the baddies with your awesome skill.
I also fear you might struggle with making the game un-repetative. Players will eventually get bored of endless units of solders trying to capture you. However, this is only because I am unaware of your skill level in these things, so you could very well prove me wrong. Very Happy
Frogger5
Frogger5
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:11 pm

Frogger - you are right about that.

Regnar - According to Frogger's worries, you could change the game one more time. After trying to live a normal life, the player failed, right? You could set up the story, and let the player decide what to do from there. They could (for example) try to use their powers for good, for evil, for world domination, or simply for survival. You could go somewhere with this.
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Regnar13 Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:56 pm

I will work on editing to that, I kind of like it actually Very Happy

And also, @Frogger- No you are not a perfect supersoldier. You were made and tested on to help them to getting the tests right to make the perfect one. There may, or may not be people that are stronger then you. Of course that will be up to the dice.

EDIT: Ok I edited the story based of what i heard, now you have a bit more freedom and, I actually like it a bit more =P lol
Thanks to all the people that have given me idea's and suggestions so far:D
Regnar13
Regnar13
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:40 pm

One more thing - I'd list the roll mechanics (1d6, 1d10, 1d20, etc.) and the skill system.

Also, you don't want to have the game too freeform. You want the player to have some idea on what they need to do. If you have no objectives, they're just wandering around doing nothing.
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Regnar13 Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:43 pm

Ok, now I have to think... maybe vary early on they meet some guy that is trying to stop terrorists, and somehow you get sucked into either helping him, or betraying him etc. Would that work, cause I am not sure what else to put there >.<

I will add the other stuff now though.

EDIT: Ok, I added the stuff to the end.... that is what you meant by skill system right?
Regnar13
Regnar13
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:38 am

Well, can the players ever increase their skills? Or are they stuck in that zone of animal skills forever? One of the best parts about playing R2Ds is the ability to learn and expand skills.

Dragonchampion, Regnar13 has received the endorsement of Three (3) Gamemasters and is ready to become a Gamemaster himself.

I would send the above message in a PM to Dragonchampion, also.
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Regnar13 Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:42 pm

Yes, you can learn more, but in a slightly different way. You may either get captured and the evil scientists will add another animal into your DNA, or you could possibly meet a scientist in the city and ask him/pay him to alter your DNA some more and get an animal of your choice. Also you will not know all of the ability's of your current DNA and you can learn more that way also.

I will send Dragon the message... also, I am back from vacation lol Very Happy

EDIT: I only see your endorsement, no one else said they were endorsing me, just giving ideas that could be improved so they might endorse it.
Regnar13
Regnar13
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:05 pm

I said I supported #2. FoolishBalloon said he would if you improved it a bit (which he did). I took Frogger's positive comments as an endorsement. You have to understand by definition it is an informal process.
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Regnar13 Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:28 pm

Ok, I will send the message then
Regnar13
Regnar13
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  jacklee Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:10 pm

Hey thanks for sharing such an awesome stuff. Good work. Keep it up.

Thanks and Regards
chipit.com.au

jacklee
New Player
New Player

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down