Novalia Roll 2 Dodge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rulyon's GM Application

+3
Saima
AerynPierre
Rulyon
7 posters

Go down

Rulyon's GM Application Empty Rulyon's GM Application

Post  Rulyon Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:54 am

Aeinorean Chronicles

What Players Need to Know:

A certain level of familiarity with the Pathfinder RPG system may increase your enjoyment of this game. I encourage you to read as much or as little as you desire at http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/, beginning with the Core Rulebook. Of course, you can always simply trust your GM and ask questions! Smile

The Game Experience:

Mechanics:

Game Setting:

World Setting:

Example of Play-Combat:

Should you choose to join the Aeinorean Chronicles, refer to the "Character Development" post below.

Last edited by Rulyon on Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:56 am; edited 11 times in total
Rulyon
Rulyon
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Rulyon's GM Application Empty Character Development

Post  Rulyon Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:54 am

Character Creation:

I look forward to helping you make your characters! Yes, this is my first responsibility as your GM. This game has many stats, accounting for many possible events in the game...nobody can be expected to jump in and get everything right the first time. But that's alright, I'm here to help you with any questions you may have via PM. Best part is, you don't need to keep track of all of it, I'll handle that. But if you choose too you certainly may!

Character Sheet Format:
As an Example, I created a character sheet for Cleric pictured in my avatar.

Character Sheet Sample:

Step 1: Determine Ability Scores and Bonuses
Step 2: Choose Your Race
Step 3: Choose Your Class
Step 4: Pick Skills and Feats
Step 5: Buy Equipment
Step 6: Finishing Details

Step 1: Determine Ability Scores and Bonuses
Start by generating your character's ability scores. These six scores determine your character's most basic attributes and are used to decide a wide variety of details and statistics. Some class selections require you to have better than average scores for some of your abilities.

All attributes start at a base score of 10. You have 25 points to spend to increase your Ability scores, and can gain additional points by decreasing other Attributes. No score can be reduced below 7 or increased above 18 in this method. The Table 1-1 shows the cost for each score, while Table 1-2 shows the ability modifiers and bonus spells. You can't cast spells related to an ability that is below 10. A positive modifier is a Bonus, while a negative modifier is a Penalty.

The Ability Scores:

Table 1-1: Ability Score Costs
ScorePoints ScorePoints
7-4 133
8-2 145
9-1 157
100 1610
111 1713
122 1817

Table 1-2: Ability Score Modifiers and Bonus Spells by Spell Level
Ability ScoreModifier01st2nd3rd4th5th6th7th8th9th
1-5----------
2-3-4----------
4-5-3----------
6-7-2----------
8-9-1----------
10-110----------
12-13+1-1--------
14-15+2-11-------
16-17+3-111------
18-19+4-1111-----
20-21+5-21111----
22-23+6-221111---
24-25+7-2221111--
26-27+8-22221111-
28-29+9-322221111
30-31+10-332222111
32-33+11-333222211
34-35+12-333322221
36-37+13-433332222
38-39+14-443333222
40-41+15-444333322
42-43+16-444433332
44-45+17-544443333
And so on, though I doubt anyone will achieve ability scores this high.

Last edited by Rulyon on Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:32 am; edited 11 times in total
Rulyon
Rulyon
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Rulyon's GM Application Empty Step 2: Choose Your Race

Post  Rulyon Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:55 am

The races are in spoilers to avoid dramatic walls of text. Just open the spoiler in the race that interests you.

Canith:
Hannoth:
Human:
Raynar:
Reiherri:
Valcii:

Last edited by Rulyon on Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:35 am; edited 3 times in total
Rulyon
Rulyon
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Rulyon's GM Application Empty Step 3: Choose Your Class

Post  Rulyon Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:55 am

Take note of the "Hit Die" value near the top of each page. It's the value that tells you how many Hit Points you get at start, and what die to roll each time you level up to see how many hit points you gain!

Alchemist: The alchemist is the master of alchemy, using extracts to grant him great power, mutagens to enhance his form, and bombs to destroy his enemies.

Barbarian: The barbarian is a brutal berserker from beyond the edge of civilized lands.

Bard: The bard uses skill and spell alike to bolster his allies, confound his enemies, and build upon his fame.

Cavalier: Mounted upon his mighty steed, the cavalier is a brave warrior, using his wit, charm, and strength at arms to rally his companions and achieve his goals.

Cleric: A devout follower of a deity, the cleric can heal wounds, raise the dead, and call down the wrath of the gods.

Druid: The druid is a worshiper of all things natural--a spellcaster, a friend to animals, and a skilled shapechanger.

Fighter: Brave and stalwart, the fighter is a master of all manner of arms and armor.

Inquisitor: Scourge of the unfaithful and hunter of horrors, the inquisitor roots out the enemies of her faith with grim conviction and an array of divine blessings.

Monk: A student of martial arts, the monk trains his body to be his greatest weapon and defense.

Oracle: Drawing upon divine mysteries, the oracle channels divine power through her body and soul, but at a terrible price.

Paladin: The paladin is the knight in shining armor, a devoted follower of law and good.

Ranger: A tracker and hunter, the ranger is a creature of the wild and of tracking down his favored foes.

Rogue: The rogue is a thief and a scout, an opportunist capable of delivering brutal strikes against unwary foes.

Sorcerer: The spellcasting sorcerer is born with an innate knack for magic and has strange, eldritch powers.

Summoner: Bonded to a mysterious creature called an eidolon, the summoner focuses his power on strengthing that connection and enhancing his strange, otherworldy companion.

Wizard: The wizard masters magic through constant study that gives him incredible magical power.

Witch: Lurking on the fringe of civilization, the witch makes a powerful connection with a patron that grants her strange and mysterious powers through a special familiar.

Last edited by Rulyon on Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Rulyon
Rulyon
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Rulyon's GM Application Empty Step 4: Pick Skills and Feats

Post  Rulyon Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:05 am

Determine the number of skill ranks possessed by your character, based on his class and Intelligence modifier (and any other bonuses, such as the bonus received by humans). Then spend these ranks on skills, but remember that you cannot have more ranks than your level in any one skill (for a starting character, this means "1"). The Skill Descriptions page will assist you with this.

About Class Skills: When selecting skills, take into account Class Skills. You receive a bonus on certain skills based on your class, but ONLY IF YOU INVEST A RANK IN THE SKILL. For Example, the Disable Device (Dex) skill is a Class Skill for the Rogue. Normally the equation for a skill bonus to your roll is (Rank + Ability Modifier). However, the equation when calculating the skill bonus for a roll involving a Class skill is (Rank + Ability Modifier + 3). That extra three points could mean the difference between success and failure, especially in the early levels. So be sure you invest your skill ranks in Class Skills early!

After skills, determine how many feats your character receives, based on his class and level, and select them from those presented in the Feats chart. You can find the Feats here. If you get confused, PM me or message me on Skype (JAHCzechFrost) and I will assist you with selection.

Last edited by Rulyon on Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:57 am; edited 3 times in total
Rulyon
Rulyon
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Rulyon's GM Application Empty Step 5: Buy Equipment

Post  Rulyon Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:06 am

Each new character begins the game with an amount of gold, based on his class, that can be spent on a wide range of equipment and gear, from chainmail armor to leather backpacks. This gear helps your character survive while adventuring. Generally speaking, you cannot use this starting money to buy magic items without consent of your GM (Me).

Table 5-1: Starting Character Wealth
Class Starting Wealth Average
Alchemist
3d6 X 10
105gp
Barbarian
3d6 X 10
105gp
Bard
3d6 X 10
105gp
Cavalier
5d6 X 10
175gp
Cleric
4d6 X 10
140gp
Druid
2d6 X 10
70gp
Fighter
5d6 X 10
175gp
Inquisitor
4d6 X 10
140gp
Monk
1d6 X 10
35gp
Oracle
3d6 X 10
105gp
Paladin
5d6 X 10
175gp
Ranger
5d6 X 10
175 gp
Rogue
4d6 X 10
140gp
Sorcerer
2d6 X 10
70gp
Summoner
2d6 X 10
70gp
Wizard
2d6 X 10
70gp
Witch
3d6 X 10
105gp

Weapons
Spoiler:

Weapon Qualities
Spoiler:

Last edited by Rulyon on Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:00 am; edited 6 times in total
Rulyon
Rulyon
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Rulyon's GM Application Empty Step 6: Finishing Details

Post  Rulyon Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:07 am

Finally, you need to determine all of a character's details, including his starting hit points (hp), Armor Class (AC), saving throws, initiative modifier, and attack values. All of these numbers are determined by the decisions made in previous steps. A level 1 character begins with maximum hit points for its Hit Die roll. Aside from these, you need to decide on your character's name, alignment, and physical appearance. It is best to jot down a few personality traits as well, to help you play the character during the game.

How to Determine your Finishing Details
Hit Points (HP) : To determine your starting HP, add your Constitution Modifier to the full value for your Hit Die. You DID remember to take note of that like I suggested, didn't you? If not, I provided it here for you, 'cause I'm awesome like that!

Starting HP per Class:

Armor Class (AC) : To determine your AC, start with the base value of 10. To this, add the AC bonus you get from your armor and shield, then add your Dexterity Modifier. Then determine your Flat-Footed AC and your Touch AC. Flat-Footed AC is (AC - Dexterity Modifier), Touch AC is (AC - Armor Bonus - Shield Bonus)

A word on Alignment:

Last edited by Rulyon on Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:10 am; edited 3 times in total
Rulyon
Rulyon
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Rulyon's GM Application Empty Re: Rulyon's GM Application

Post  AerynPierre Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:53 am

Is there a link to character sheets? I have hard copies if we needa scan them

And I've been watching this develop for monthes...I endorse!
AerynPierre
AerynPierre
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Saima Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:18 am

My sweet endorse-able-you!

Pleaseletmeplay
Saima
Saima
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  FoolishBalloon Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:49 pm

I approve! (Though I didn't read it all, it seems very well made in detail), if I get in to play, I'd be happy to do so Smile
FoolishBalloon
FoolishBalloon
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

http://www.spelochfiske.se

Back to top Go down

Post  ace223 Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:45 pm

FoolishBalloon wrote:I approve! (Though I didn't read it all, it seems very well made in detail), if I get in to play, I'd be happy to do so Smile

ditto xD
ace223
ace223
Player
Player

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:33 pm

I approve! I know you've been working on it for, well, a long time, and I trust that you'll be able to keep it going quite capably as well Wink

It looks extremely fleshed out, especially since it's established on a popular rule book, but...

GOOD GOD THAT'S A LOT OF STUFF TO READ.

Kind of nervous about the type of game because of all the information, stats, etc. Those things are why I was drawn more to R2D than D&D.

This is endorsenated, though!

You've gotten all the needed endorsements. You may post your game in the General Discussion forum when you're ready and have everything written up, and I'll move it then.

There's already a lot of interest in this game Smile
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Rulyon Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:59 pm

Thank you everyone. Smile

I'm currently working on setting, gameplay mechanics, and so forth. I'm creating a "Bare Essentials" sort of spoiler at the top of the OP, as well as the character sheets AerynPierre mentioned. I will also be willing to help anybody creating their character should they (understandably) need it.
Rulyon
Rulyon
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  8680 Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:17 pm

I'm late, but I'll endorse anyway.
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Rulyon Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:55 pm

Alright, Bigkahuna. I've got the game posted in the General Discussion. I also sent a few text messages out to some friends her were interested in playing as well, so we may have some new members soon (in addition to my wife, who created a profile the other day). See y'all on the other side! I'm heading to work now. I will keep track of the other posts as time permits at work tonight. Maybe we can get characters created and the game started during this weekend!
Rulyon
Rulyon
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down