Novalia Roll 2 Dodge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Talkal's application

2 posters

Go down

Talkal's application Empty Talkal's application

Post  Talkal Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:13 pm

Game idea

Genre: Fantasy game with random dungeons.

Gameplay: In open world, you can make normal actions like : "Walk into the bar", "Hide in the bushes" etc. and iI will roll a number from 1 to 6 (1- major failure, 6- great success)
In fight, you can post actions, like "punch the goblin in the face", "cast a fireball spell", "go behind the bandit, and stab him". But the fight gameplay is more advanced, here is an example:

Fight:
Enemy:046c:

Magnor: "Stab the goblin in the chest"
Rolling: 70/100
Magnor's weapon deal 2-4 damage, so with this roll he should deal 4 damage, but the goblin has a frying pan with 2 defense, so his attack deals 4-2=2 damage:

Goblin's HP: 10-2=8HP

Goblin: "Stab Magnor"
In here, Goblin can stab Magnor in any part of the body (1head, 2chest, 3arms, 4legs) so he rolls a number 1-4
Rolling:
3/4
18/100

The goblin attacks Magnor's arms with it's knife, and he could deal 1 damge, but because the pads have defense of 1, he misses.

As you see, fight mechanic are pretty easy. magic works a little different, the damage dealt from it, is not decreasing from armor.

World: This is an open world with many towns, and dungeons, my friend made a map, so when the game will start, it will be presented (part of it at the beginning) There arer big mountains, fields, towers, sea, desert, volcanos, and many more to explore.

Story: I will write not much about the story, because it will be revealed in the game, so only a minor things: The six chosen warriors, failed to save the world, and are given last chance, to prevent the apocalypse. There is also a background, about nations fighting a war (but not in a normal way Wink ).

I hope we will start this game soon, as when you give me your approval. Feel free to ask, and I will try to answer your questions.
Talkal
Talkal
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Talkal's application Empty Re: Talkal's application

Post  Saima Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:27 pm

I'd like some more info on how the game is going to go.

Would you be willing to give me an example roll?

I understand your points about not revealing the story, but it's helpful to know a LITTLE about the plot.
Saima
Saima
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Talkal Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:00 pm

You will start in a small village, something will happen, you will have to run away, when you will get to a bigger city you would get sub-quests to make in dungeons (random generated), there will be arenas for fighting solo, in teams, and maybe other. You will be in the center of conflict between countrys, and of course to save the world.

About the rolls, I would try to make up something tomorrow (yay 5 days free). I want that they'll be like a page in a book, you know, with lot of dialogues.
Talkal
Talkal
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down