Novalia Roll 2 Dodge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Of Magic and Metal R2D

+8
Malregima
Rulyon
AerynPierre
Darien
Bigkahuna
FLAMELASHER
its_crunchtime
12 posters

Page 3 of 28 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15 ... 28  Next

Go down

Of Magic and Metal R2D - Page 3 Empty Re: Of Magic and Metal R2D

Post  8680 Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:00 am

its_crunchtime wrote:A little more explanation, please. What do you expect endurance to give? Strength at a high enough level already increases your melee defense and inventory size.
It would improve sustained movement, staying awake, lessen fatigue penalties... just generally help with things requiring stamina.
its_crunchtime wrote:When you say you've "always had it", do you mean that whenever you rest, you train it? To be honest, you've confused me a little.
I meant that I'd always have had somewhat better endurance, but I could change it to....

Minor : Walk over to the mushroom and lean on its stalk. Rest for a short time, then....
Major : ...Run laps around the mushroom while we wait for Ordal. [Train Endurance.]
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Malregima Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:45 am

its_crunchtime wrote:
I would like to roll tomorrow. Malregima, you do not need an action, you are introduced next turn. I will roll tomorrow provided that I have at least 3 actions, the other two players will be NPC'ed for the turn. I want to keep this game moving at a good pace, and, really, if you are too busy to spend two minutes a day checking this forum, you are doing something wrong.

Be prepared for some major plot developments and some intense stuff happening soon, starting with this next roll.

sorry, this is my first game I'll actually play. Been asking around for general rules and certain terms' meaning

Malregima
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  its_crunchtime Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:57 am

You can ask me Very Happy . PM any questions you have

8680: I'll use your new action. Time to go create an Endurance skill table!
its_crunchtime
its_crunchtime
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  AerynPierre Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:54 am

Minor: Try to find if there is any pocket on my jumpsuit big enough to hold the small piece of soul rock.
Major: Join Krega in jogging, but keep increasing my speed...after all I'm gonna need it when we attempt our escape [train speed/whatever fits the description best]
AerynPierre
AerynPierre
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Rulyon Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:03 am

Sorry, I totally missed a roll was made. Hmmmm...a 4 grants no information on meditation, but it does still grant a minor success with other actions. (Vitr's soul rock chunk). Seems to me meditation is too difficult and was a waste of a roll; don't think I'll be doing that again in the future.

Major Action: Step away from the group to avoid involving them in any accidents and practice with the whip by targeting a certain outcropping on the wall. Attempt various actions including striking it with the weight on the end and wrapping the end around the outcropping then releasing it with the flick of my wrist.
Rulyon
Rulyon
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  FLAMELASHER Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:25 pm

Squeeze into the hole I made and block it with rocks so I can ambush 'Ordal'.
FLAMELASHER
FLAMELASHER
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  8680 Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:40 pm

Stabbing Radgar, eating Evon's foot, and now ambushing Ordal?! I say we impose a global three-strikes-you're-out rule.
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  FLAMELASHER Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:06 pm

Stabbing Radagar was replaced before the roll, eating Evon's foot was self-defence and I meant with my razor teeth, biting his foot and Ordal could turn nasty if the others annoy.
FLAMELASHER
FLAMELASHER
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  its_crunchtime Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:27 pm

Its perfectly valid... Who says Ordal won't betray you?
Then again, who says he will?
Flame, are you ambushing Ordal as soon as he somes out, or only if he turns evil? I will roll so its only if he turns against you guys that you will attack unless you answer otherwise.

Rulyon... Vitr's action was a bit difficult to give a fail to. I knew he wanted some rock, so the only thing I could think of ( since it was just a small fail) was to give him less than he would have gotten if his roll was successful. As for yours, Meditation gives a bonus to your roll on the next turn if successful, is necessary for some forms of magic, as well as show you your experience.
So it is generally only for when you want to make sure you have as good a chance as possible to succeed.

Were to two 4's a bit skewed? Yes. But I am a bit new at this, and, really, your minor was a bit of a major anyway.

I have a two-hour window from now until I go out, so I will start on the roll as soon as I eat breakfast.

Last edited by its_crunchtime on Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
its_crunchtime
its_crunchtime
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  FLAMELASHER Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:42 pm

Only if he betrays us.
FLAMELASHER
FLAMELASHER
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  its_crunchtime Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:11 pm

Rolling Now.

-------------------------------------------------

Movement on the top of the cavern catches all of your eyes, and you all turn to see an elevator car slowly descend from the ceiling.
Gerrick{3} drops on the spot, and begins to do push-ups. He is able to do a few, before attempting a jump push-up. He cannot get his hands down in time, and smacks the side of his head against the hard rock. He immediately gets up, and leans against the wall for support while he checks the side of his head for damage. The side of your head is a bit sore, but nothings broken. You try to walk away from the wall, but immediately fall down. Looks like you’ll have to wait until you can keep your balance until moving. That is, if you don’t want to fall down.

Kreja{6}
walks over to the mushroom stalk and leans on it, resting as she regains her breath. She watches Gerrick fall, thinks that he must be very clumsy, then sets off running around the mushroom. She keeps the pace for awhile, then increases it. You run until you’re lathered with sweat, and stop, breathing hard. You don’t feel as if you’ve pushed the boundaries of what you can much, if at all. With a sigh, you walk in small circles so your muscles won’t cramp up.

Vitr{2} tucks away his small shard of soul rock, before setting off at a run, following the path Kreja took. You take no more than two steps before hitting the same patch of scree that Gerrick tripped on before. You fly through the air, your head hitting a large rock, and you immediately black out, but not before a wave of pain crashes through you.

Jayk{3} steps away from the rest of the group, and searches out a suitable rock outcrop on the wall. Finding one, he uncoils his whip and pulls back his arm. You pump your arm forward, and cry out in pain as you are whipped across the back of your neck, tearing open your skin. You drop the whip and clap a hand to the back of your neck. You sit down next to the rock and ponder how to actually use the whip. It looks like you will need some more practice.

Nameless{5} squeezes himself into his hole. You try to pile rocks overtop of the entrance, but find your arms are stuck. With a yank, you free them, but you can see that the hole is too small to hide in.

The elevator car finally drops out of site inside the building. You all watch the building expectantly, expecting it to be Ordal, when the sound of an explosion echoes from the building, though it does not appear altered in any way. You all, with the exception of Vitr, who’s unconscious, stare at the building, not knowing what to do. A long moment passes, then another….
A grating sound fills the cavern, and the metal door in the side of the building opens, and a tanned women with jet black hair, save for a few strips of green highlights, pops out. Sprintingt towards you, she skids to a stop and, after catching her breath for a few seconds, says:
“Ordal and the others need your help! Quickly, quickly! Come on!” She pulls at Gerricks hand, trying to get him up off the floor. She succeeds, but Gerrick immediately slumps back down.
“Who are you?” Nameless asks warily.
“My name is Natania, but this is not the time! We must help Ordal!”
“You don’t even have a weapon.” Jayk observes. “How will you help?”
“Then give me a weapon! Lets go!”
Sounds of fighting echo out from the now-open door, and none of you are too thrilled at the prospect of fighting in a building that you haven’t seen much of on the inside.

New player: Natania (Malregima)

A worthy GM note: The more dangerous the situation is, the worse the consequences of fail rolls will be. That’s why most of you got off with little to no negative effects.
Speaking of fail, that roll was full of it!
Looking back... wow. That is a small roll.

Character Information:

its_crunchtime
its_crunchtime
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  FLAMELASHER Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:12 pm

Kill whoever I need too in the building,, by using my pick to stab their eyeballs!
FLAMELASHER
FLAMELASHER
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  8680 Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:21 pm

Minor : Enter the building.
Major : Attack whoever or whatever is attacking me, Ordal, and/or Natania. [Axes]
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Rulyon Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:30 pm

Accidental double post. Can a moderator delete this please?

Last edited by Rulyon on Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rulyon
Rulyon
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Rulyon Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:32 pm

Minor Action: Pass Natania the whip. "Here, use this. Give it back once you find something else."

Major Action: Enter the building as well, engage the enemy in combat. [Axes]

Rulyon
Rulyon
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  its_crunchtime Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:49 pm

Lol I can see what Rulyon was thinking:

"Damn whip... not trying that again... Here new player!Take it-I insist! Have fun!"
its_crunchtime
its_crunchtime
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Darien Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:52 pm

Minor: Enter the building
Major: Be prepared attack who is attacking anyone friendly
Darien
Darien
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Malregima Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:09 pm

Minor: recieves whip from a man (did not have time for introduction), test out the quality by swinging it away from others
Major: runs back into the open door to find ordal.

Last edited by Malregima on Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : someone told me to)

Malregima
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  8680 Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:15 pm

@Malregima: Put "[b]" at the start of your action and "[/b]" and the end.
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  AerynPierre Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:35 pm

Well I guess I'm out since nobody attempted to wake me
AerynPierre
AerynPierre
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  its_crunchtime Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:22 pm

You can delve into your mind, and attmept to learn unique abilties that only you will have access to.

Remember that for next time, because I will be rolling now. Being sick sure gives you a lot of free time...

Anyway... Rolling now.

---------------------------------------------------------

“Quickly! Let’s go! They’re in danger!” Natania cries.
“Calm yourself! What happened in there?” Nameless asks.
“We… that is.. me, Ordal, and a few others, stepped out of the elevator, and walked right into a group of soldiers, and a Metal One. The Metal One turned around and fired some sort of explosive… The entire room tore apart. I got flown across the room, and out a hallway. After regaining my senses, I realized that some sort of alarm was triggered. Then I ran, following signs that pointed where the exit was. Ordal had told us that we were going to retrieve some people, so I figured you’d be out here.” She craned her neck around, counting. “Only five of you?”
“We need a plan before going in here… It’s obvious we can’t just-“ But whatever Jayk was going to say was drowned out as Nameless let loose a roar, and charged the building. He skidded to a stop before the open door, turning around and asking:
“Anyone coming?”
Kreja walks over to join him, flowed by Gerrick, who lurches to his feet and stumbles over. Jayk hands Natania his whip saying a quick:
“Here, use this. Give it back once you find something else.” With a quick nod, Natania takes the whip. She turns around and flicks it in the air a few times, then, satisfied she has the gist of how to use it, follows Jayk to the door. With a shared look, you all enter the building, Nameless first.

Seems you all forgot about Vitr.

You all enter in a rather large, circular room. The entire place is covered in dull, grey metal without any decoration. A flight of stairs is to the right, at the end of a hallway. Three hallways pepper the walls of the rest of the room. You can all hear a loud “whirrrreeee” sound, presumably the alarm. Pieces of wooden furniture are scattered around the room. Whovever placed them obviously has no talent for interior design.

“Natania, which hallway did you take?” Nameless asks.
“Umm…. I don’t remember… I was running so fast… Just look for signs that point to the exit, and go the opposite direction they point.”
Suddenly, a squad of four soldiers descends down the flight of stairs. They are garbed in chainmail, with a few scattered plates, and a completely black tabard overtop. They wear smooth, black helmets that cover their entire face, save for an opaque-at least from your side- black lens across their eyes that is a lighter shade of black.
The lead guard hefts a crossbow. “Stand down and drop your weapons on the floor!”
“Not likely.” Nameless responds. The five of you scatter, dropping behind pieces of furniture for cover, as the guards open fire in unison.

---
Olson
Equipped weapon: Standard Crossbow, T1 design. (+2 to ranged attack)
Effects/Traits: Crossbow/Gun LVL 1: Good Shot(+1 to crossbow/gun rolls)
Well Armored (+2 defense)

Attacking Nameless
Rolling D6 + 2(Crossbow Bonus) + 1(Crossbow/Gun Lvl) = D9

Nameless Dodge: Rolling D6

---
The lead guards bolt whistles down the hallway towards Nameless, who shrinks against the chair he is behind. The bolt thuds into the top of the chair, and you breathe a short sigh of relief. You burst from cover, sliding behind a thicker and larger couch, where Gerrick and Jayk both hide.

---
Rednick
Effects/Traits: Well Armored (+2 defense)
One-handed Sword LVL 1: Proficient (+1 to sword attack, +1 to melee defence)

Attacking Natania
Rolling D6 + 2(Crossbow Bonus) = D8

Natania Dodge: Rolling D6

---
Natania throws herself away from the bolt. Or at least, she thought it was away. She puts herself into the bolts path, but the guards aim wasn’t true, and the bolt clips her shoulder, leaving a good-sized gash.

---
Erd
Effects/Traits: Well Armored ( +2 defense)
New soldier (More likely to break and run)

Attacking Jayk
Rolling D6 + 2(Crossbow Bonus) = D8

Jayk Dodge: Rolling D6

---
The bolt flies towards Jayk, through a small gap in the couch, and strikes him just above the knee. He cries out in pain, and slumps over a bit.
“Stay strong!” Gerrick whispers. “Our turn is next.” He hefts his pickaxe.

---
Kell
Equipped weapon: Omnite Longsword and Omnite Circular Shield. (+2 to melee attack, +2 to defense)
Effects/Traits: Well Armored (+2 defense)

---
After the other guards fire, Kell moves up and plants himself in front of them, hefting his shield and sword. Olson shouts:
“Fire on the same person, fools! On my mark! Kell, you hold your position until they all die, you hear me?”

“ATTAAAAAAAAACK!” Nameless{9} roars, leaping from cover and charging down the hallway. He clears the space between Kell and him in a few short bounds, and with a roar, brings down his pick.

---
Nameless
Attacking Kell
Rolling D6 + 1(Pickaxe) = D7

Kell defense roll:
Defending against Nameless
Rolling D6 + 2 (Armor) + 2 (Shield and Sword) = D10

---
Nameless brings the pick down with all his might. Kell effortlessly blocks it with his shield, then brings his sword around in a strike to Nameless’s neck. Nameless ducks and drives the flat top of his pick at Kells knee, and is rewarded with a sharp crack as his knee is staved in. Kell falls down on one knee, and bashes Nameless back with his shield.
Kreja{10} bursts from cover and sprints down the hallway, not even slowing as she neared the fallen guard. With a cry, she jumps and brings down her pick.

---
Kreja
Attacking Kell
Rolling D6 + 1(Pick) + 2(Momentum) = D9

Kell defense roll:
Defending against Kreja
Rolling D6 + 2 (Armor) + 2 (Shield and Sword) = D10
9 – 2(Broken knee) – 1(Pain) = 6

---
Kell brings up his shield just in time to block your pick, and both your arms are jarred heavily from the impact. You both recoil, Kell as much as he can with a broken knee. Kreja turns away from the guard, anticipating a counterattack, and dives to the floor, rolling back to her feet beside Gerricks crumpled form.

Jayk{1 – 2(Bolt in knee) – 1 (Pain) = 1) Attempts to stand up, but his injured knee fails him. He falls back to the floor, breathing heavily, as his vision goes blurry. A shake of his head, and his vision is back to normal.

Gerrick{9 – 2 = 7} lurches to his feet, and unsteadily runs down the hall towards the guards and Nameless. You almost get there before you collapse, your head still reeling from your failed push-up attempt.

Natania{4 – 1(Cut shoulder) breaks cover and runs to the entrance of each hallway, searching frantically for a sign leading the way. She cannot find any, and, as she whirls around, strips on a chair and falls to the ground, smacking her nose against the unyielding metal floor.

“Stay strong, Kell! Hold them for another volley!” Olson calls, as he and his soldiers begin to reload their crossbows.
Hostiles Information:

Character Information:

Comments? Criticisms? I know I need to refine combat... but how.. suggestions please!

Last edited by its_crunchtime on Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:44 pm; edited 3 times in total
its_crunchtime
its_crunchtime
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  AerynPierre Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:30 am

Unique abilities? Such as...? I could use some examples of whats acceptable.
AerynPierre
AerynPierre
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  its_crunchtime Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:21 am

You don't name the abilities. That's what I do. Your action would be something like:
"Search my mind for new powers."

Then, depending on your roll, you may have found a new ability deep within yourself. If your lucky, this is one way to learn magic without a teacher. Also, you do not need to be unconscious to search your mind.
its_crunchtime
its_crunchtime
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  AerynPierre Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:22 am

Cool thats new to me

Major: Delve into my subconcious

Last edited by AerynPierre on Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:29 am; edited 1 time in total
AerynPierre
AerynPierre
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Malregima Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:26 am

we don't decide what power we could get?
i was gonna say something random...

Spoiler:

Malregima
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 28 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15 ... 28  Next