Novalia Roll 2 Dodge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roll 2 Dodge: The Facility

+7
ShadoWKilleR
Artlis
FLAMELASHER
XxoriginxX
Bigkahuna
Talkal
Daravel
11 posters

Page 8 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next

Go down

Roll 2 Dodge: The Facility - Page 8 Empty Re: Roll 2 Dodge: The Facility

Post  FLAMELASHER Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:17 pm

Use shadows to invisibly charge and slash the enemies.
FLAMELASHER
FLAMELASHER
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:25 pm

I just noticed what proficiencies did; they look useful. Looks like I'm going to be the magical techie guy.

Flamelasher - Use shadows to invisibly charge and slash the enemies.

Shadowkiller -

"If that didn't hurt, this will."
>>Finish off the downed enemy
>If he's dead, fire the rest of my marbles into the bubble shield guys. >If he's not dead, "Don't give up, eh? you just can't seem to get enough of the pain don't you..." Make it [him being dead] happen.

Artlis - Major: Use my mental connections with my aerokinesis to create a wind in the spirit phase, building enough pressure to break the grip.

Bigkahuna - Minor: Give Johnny a painkiller. "Sorry about that, mate. Hold in there a bit longer - I'm afraid that none of us have much experience in setting bones."
Major: Become proficient in Engineering (creating/disabling/examining devices).

Talkal - Minor - Run to the garden (or wherever the well was
Sit down, think how useless in fight am I, and learn Pyromancy.

Origin - Be prepared to blast the first enemy in sight with a powerful sound wave, possibly originating inside the skull, with enough force to create a sonic boom.

Last edited by bigkahuna on Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Daravel Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:32 pm

bigkahuna wrote:I just noticed what proficiencies did; they look useful. Looks like I'm going to be the magical techie guy.

Urgh... Kahuna rolls an insta 1 for failing to read Wink

Do you guys feel limited in what you can do with your actions? I'm happy for you to use detailled majors, with conditions and maybe even multi-part ones and also for you to have multiple minors. Remember, this is my first attempt at this and I'm open to suggestions.

Edit: You're missing an action. -- Ninja'd

Daravel
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:47 pm

I don't believe I'm missing an action... And I haven't seen any rolls or heard anything expressing that we can deviate from the normal Minor-Major actions. Just how detailed can we go? For example, could we:

Do the dishes. Afterwards, Brush my Teeth.

Or are you thinking along the lines of:

Do the dishes using the purple Dawn soap and scrubbing with the sponge-doomaflochy.

Basically either multiple major actions or one unlimitedly detailed major action.
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Daravel Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:55 pm

Flamelashers action wasn't in your post (or at least, I didn't see it... then I did, I assume you edited it in).

Also, are you sure you're directing your action to the right player? Johnny has the broken arm, not Tom.

I haven't mentioned anything before, but I would always have allowed a very detailled major action (which is why I was wondering if you felt you were restricted as no one ever did). I would consider this to be the right sort of action in these circumstances (Completely hypothetical):

Minor: Hand some painkillers to Tom, then push some chairs to barricade the door.
Major: If the enemy get into the room then attack the nearest one to me with my flamesword by aiming for the arm and leg joints. If the rest of the group goes outside to attack the enemy then pick up my rifle and provide supporting fire out of the window. If we do not engage with the enemy then plant explosives on the door so that they explode when it opens, then attack some string to the doorhandle to allow me to pull the door open.

Covers all eventualities and you could add more secondary actions like the string.

As I said, I'm open to suggestions. Let me know what you prefer.

Daravel
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:09 pm

Thanks, I thought it was Tom who had the broken arm Wink

About the actions - I would make mine a detailed action, but I'm not sure on your policy of learning abilities/proficiencies + putting more actions in.
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Daravel Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:25 pm

It is all about context really.. If I see your action and think it's too much then I'll say.

As you know, when you train an ability you actually 'do' something as well; last roll I was extra nice and made it a big effect. You can direct how you want to train it specificaly by specifying the action. At the end of the day, I'm not here to make it boring/impose lots of restrictions. I want you guys to have fun and explore and achieve.

I'll start rolling tonight, but i need to be up early tommorow. I'll have it posted sometime in the morning I hope. If you are quick with actions I may be able to roll agian tommorow as I'm back to being busy from Thursday and it will take me longer.

Daravel
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Daravel Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:22 am

“Where the hell are Charles and Oranen? We need to decide what to do Janette. Johnny is blinded and Artlis may well be dead.” Tom ran to the door and looked into the kitchen but could not see into the garden where Charles was still hauling Oranen out of the drain.
“I say we finish these guys off, show them that we’re dangerous. Me and you Tom, we have to protect the others.” As Janette said this, a black box descended from the ceiling, outside view screens spread across the brickwork of buildings; the ladys face appeared and her voice echoed around the Facility, “Night time to begin in 5 minutes.” The view screens vanished with a “flup” and the house was left in silence for a while.

“Alright… I’ll go first, cover me, ok?” Tom [5] began to shift the shadows in the room, covering his body, Janette nodded and watched as the light was forced away from his body and he became a flowing black figure.
“Make sure the one outside the door is dead.” Janette followed the fully shadowed Tom to the door as she held the rest of her marbles in her hands.
Tom wrenched the door open and drew his katana, he began to run and as he passed the dying Enforcer on the path he slashed downwards across his stomach; almost cleaving him in two.

The Enforcers inside the bubble did not see the approach of the shifting shadow which glided rapidly towards them, they were concentrating on the young man behind his metal shield; they began to fold it around him. With a roar the Gorilla-man burst from the rubble of the house, a small limp form hanging from one gigantic fur arm; he placed it down gently behind a ruined section of wall and charged the two Enforcers. Tom engulfed the bubble in shadow, leaving a small section for Janette to aim through, as his sword struck upon the force field at the same time as the Gorilla-man crashed into it. He drove his sword into the pulsing energy and found that it became a battle of wills and power as he urged the sword to penetrate the armour; it crackled and fizzed viciously as the two Enforcers inside struggled to maintain their hold.

Janette [1] began to line up her shot, aiming for the small window in the shadow, she drops into a trance to hone her aim but Johnny starts talking and walks into a series of furniture; the resultant crashes breaking her concentration and when she fires she knows that they were off target. The huge mass of marbles shot down the street with some of them flying off at random trajectories; they entered the shadow at the wrong angle and merely glance off the protective shield. A rogue marble tore a hole clean through Tom’s abdomen; he collapsed as blood flowed freely from his body.

However, the double assault on the bubble had broken the enemy and at last a great furry hand passed through and grabbed one of the Enforcers around the neck, he was flung across the street and into the side of a building; killing him instantly. The Gorilla-man roared as the remaining Enforcer laughed and turned his attention to the young man encased in his own metal prison; balling up his fist he folded it in on itself multiple times until only a small cube remained in the centre of the road. A bellow rebounded from the buildings and gigantic fists pummelled on the shield; cackling with laughter the remaining Enforcer took to the sky. The Gorilla-man collapsed, blood seeping from 2 marble shaped wounds; one in its arm and the other in its leg.

Artlis [4] could only watch in horror as the scene unfolded before him, he watched as the two valiant warriors collapsed to the floor. Looking down he saw the Enforcer concentrating hard on him, the pressure around him increased and the yearning for his body grew deeper and more terrible. Focusing on the air around him, Artlis was able to block out the pain and build up a storm within his bonds; it grew in intensity until with a huge burst of willpower he sprung the vice open and soared upwards, free. As he floated down from his high he saw that this final victory meant the end to the Enforcer who now lay dead on the ground. His body sung to him, and his spirit yearned to be reunited.

While Janette prepared to fire Johnny [1] realised he had little to offer the team in a fight and despite his not being able to see he moved off to somewhere quiet, planning to master fire. He tripped over something small and crashed through a small table, stumbling through a door he marched forward before tripping on a stair; considering this a safe enough place he attempted to conjure a small fire. As he was in the throes of discovery his vision began to colour again, this concentrated his thought and the fire was conjured before his eyes; which were burned savagely.

Charles [2] burst through the lounge door just as Johnny sat down on the stairway, he saw only Janette left. “What the hell happened, I’ve only been gone five minutes!”
“We kicked the ass of those Enforcers, I just… uhh… missed with my marbles a bit. We will need to go and save Tom. Johnny was her-“. Janette turned around and saw the broken table, and then heard the scream as he burned his eyes into uselessness.
“Oh…”
“Alright… Well, I’ll go help Johnny.” Charles walked to the open door and saw Johnny slumped there, head in hands with tears streaming from his ruined eyes. Pulling the bottle of painkillers from his bag, he tipped out two and put them in his hand.
“Here mate, take these, they’ll keep the pain down. You’ll have to have a go at fixing this though.”
While Johnny swallowed the pills Charles brought one of the torches out of his bag and attempted to modify it to emit x-rays, closing his eyes he tried to prove is proficiency with all things mechanical; however he merely managed to break the torch.

Oranen [2] limped a little way behind Charles and entered the room just as he was closing the other door behind him; eager to make up for his absence he hobbled up to Janette and half jumped out of the door, ready to blast any enemies. He saw the dead Enforcer by his feet, Tom and a Gorilla lying in pools of blood on the street with a small metal box in the middle of the road.
“Good job there is no one to fight, I’m not sure I’m really up to it right now”

Night time will begin in 3 minutes (1 turn).
*Night time will begin at the end of the next turn and end at the beggining for the turn after that - You will understand Smile*

Spoiler:

Daravel
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:10 am

GAH! EVERYONE KEEPS GETTING INJURED! Plus, no-one knows vitakinesis except the guy with the broken leg.

Minor: "Calm down everyone! I know First Aid!"

Major: Bind Tom and the Gorilla-Man's wounds with bandages, using antiseptic to disinfect the wounds and painkillers to keep them from going into shock. Guard them in the middle of the road (moving them will aggravate the injuries), curse the others for not learning Vitakinesis, and if there's time try to learn it myself with the ultimate goal of healing the two (Tom is my ultimate priority).

Last edited by bigkahuna on Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Daravel Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:21 am

Yeah... You had bad rolls that roll, and you already had injured people. You *should* have bandages (your inventory is very full Very Happy). It's not as bad as it looks really, if Talkal improves his vitakinesis succesfully he will he probably heal something.

*Artlis* you can use a minor to return to your body by the way.

Daravel
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Artlis Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:21 pm

Minor: Return to my body
Major: Bring that Tom guy to shelter. Since he is probably too heavy for me, use my aerokinesis.

Artlis
Player
Player

Back to top Go down

Post  FLAMELASHER Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:33 pm

I begin dying when I get a perfect roll?
FLAMELASHER
FLAMELASHER
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Daravel Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:45 pm

You killed one enemy and assisted heavily in killing another, Janette got a 1 and fired a lot of metal in your direction, what else would the consequences be?

Besides, I'm usually very lenient on the bad rolls, and in this case, there is help at hand. I'm not trying to kill you, trust me Smile

Daravel
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Talkal Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:57 pm

Major - Upgrade vitakinesis

Damn, today is not a good day in R2D's :/
Talkal
Talkal
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Daravel Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:42 pm

If the other 3 post actions, I may be able to roll tonight. If not, I can't guarantee when it'll be.

Daravel
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  XxoriginxX Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:08 pm

Major: Attempt to practice my sonokinesis in a way that I stop screwing it up nearly as much. IE Practice sonokinesis, improving my mastery of it.
Never had a good roll with that move...
XxoriginxX
XxoriginxX
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Daravel Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:12 pm

You can become proficient in it to prevent yourself rolling 1's, improving the power itself doesn't change your success rate.

Daravel
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  ShadoWKilleR Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:01 am

What do we specify in our rolls if we want to become proficient?
ShadoWKilleR
ShadoWKilleR
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Daravel Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:38 am

I guess that as long as you make it obvious that you want to become proficient in it, rather than just learning/training an ability./ So, saying "improve my success rate with..." or "become proficient in..." etc. Is that what you mean?

Proficiencies don't have to be linked to abilities (although being proficient with the area that your most commonly used ability is under is probably a good idea).

Daravel
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  FLAMELASHER Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:54 am

Daravel wrote:You killed one enemy and assisted heavily in killing another, Janette got a 1 and fired a lot of metal in your direction, what else would the consequences be?

Besides, I'm usually very lenient on the bad rolls, and in this case, there is help at hand. I'm not trying to kill you, trust me Smile

Did I even get a dodge roll?
FLAMELASHER
FLAMELASHER
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  ShadoWKilleR Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:20 pm

I'll simplify my question since your answer proved you were confused by it, and your answered confused me as well.

Is this the proper usage for increasing proficiency with a specific ability?
Practice firing marbles into the floor. [Firing success rate or however you want to call it.]
ShadoWKilleR
ShadoWKilleR
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Daravel Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:16 pm

FLAMELASHER wrote:
Daravel wrote:You killed one enemy and assisted heavily in killing another, Janette got a 1 and fired a lot of metal in your direction, what else would the consequences be?

Did I even get a dodge roll?

Yes and no. Its a difficult scenario; I am generally not in favour of dodge rolls (I know the name of the game Razz) as they generate unnatural situations and also negate the bad rolls of others. Generally if you mess up an action, consequences happen to you automatically. If the enemies attack you as part of their 'turn' (which hasn't happened yet) then you would have dodge rolls, but it is more situational - if you have a gun to your head, you're not getting away. In this case, you have one player rolling a 1 and firing lots of metal in your direction, for you to 'dodge' it would negate the roll of 1. But it is situational, I won't just injure people because others rolled a 1, this situation was crying out for an injury.

Shadow:

Proficiencies and abilities are completely seperate. An ability is when you have control over a certain 'element' and can manipulate it in set ways. Only those with that ability may perform those actions at all.
A proficiency is when you are especially skilled in a certain area (communication, aerial manipulation, psychic abilities, engineering, walking, jumping etc..) and are used to moderate the effects of bad luck. You can learn 1 proficiency (a little unrealistic, but meh) in the same way that you learn an ability. You will learn your second proficiency when your first power reaches the level of 'Expert' - an indication that you have gained mastery of it. That proficiency will govern the principles of that ability (vitakinesis = healing proficiency, aerokinesis = air manipulation, astral projection = psychic ability). If you have already learn the proficiency relating to the ability you reach Expert in first, then the second ability to reach that level will grant you your second proficiency.

So, in terms of learning a proficiency; you will likely want to pick a common activity and become proficient in it, making you the groups 'point man' for that action - such as someone proficient in communication would be best to use to communicate to all NPC's as you won't ever roll a 1 when dealing with them.

I hope that makes more sense? Smile

Daravel
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:31 pm

Waiting for Flamelasher when he's done ranting.
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  FLAMELASHER Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:38 pm

Wait to be healed.
FLAMELASHER
FLAMELASHER
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:41 pm

Bigkahuna - Minor: "Calm down everyone! I know First Aid!"

Major: Bind Tom and the Gorilla-Man's wounds with bandages, using antiseptic to disinfect the wounds and painkillers to keep them from going into shock. Guard them in the middle of the road (moving them will aggravate the injuries), curse the others for not learning Vitakinesis, and if there's time try to learn it myself with the ultimate goal of healing the two (Tom is my ultimate priority).

Artlis - Minor: Return to my body
Major: Bring that Tom guy to shelter. Since he is probably too heavy for me, use my aerokinesis to move him without aggravating his injuries.

Talkal - Major - Upgrade vitakinesis

XxoriginxX - Major: Attempt to practice my sonokinesis in a way that I stop screwing it up nearly as much. IE Practice sonokinesis, improving my mastery of it. [Become proficient at it]

Shadowkiller - Major> Juggle several random objects using my Vectorizing power, do it outside. [proficient in vectorizing objects]
Minor> come back when the 1 minute is over..

Flamelasher- Wait to be healed..

Last edited by bigkahuna on Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next