Novalia Roll 2 Dodge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roll 2 Dodge: Prismpunk

+8
Dragonchampion
ShadoWKilleR
creonto
Wesfreak
XxoriginxX
JackBarber
Bigkahuna
Zerovirus
12 posters

Page 1 of 37 1, 2, 3 ... 19 ... 37  Next

Go down

Roll 2 Dodge: Prismpunk Empty Roll 2 Dodge: Prismpunk

Post  Zerovirus Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:21 pm

Roll 2 Dodge:
Roll 2 Dodge: Prismpunk PrismpunkLogo

Latest Update:
https://roll2dodge.forumotion.com/t157p840-roll-2-dodge-prismpunk#7327

Signup List:
1. Bigkahuna (Jonathan Kmetz)
2. Jackbarber (James Rosenburg)
3. Wesfreak (Steven Zrael)
4. johnratchet3 (Mark Roettor)
5. ShadoWKilleR (Allene Anael)
6. 8680 (Kal Vadrien)

Overview:
Prismpunk takes place on Chiral, which upon birth was blessed- or cursed- with a strange gift, resulting in the world as the players know it... Besides the common high-fantasy staples as magic and science, there also exists the strange, separate line of Light, a power unlike those of arcana or physics- a mystery, perhaps, to be unraveled by the players.

The world is much like our world in a pre-industrial-revolution period, but with a liberal scattering of schizo tech levels. In addition, various other professions exist in addition to the established businesses, all relating to the harvesting of different kinds of crystals and the processing thereof, from stripping glassy trees of their leaves to mining gems from the earth, from cutting fine blocks of gems to rigging powerful weapons from complicated prism systems.

The game incorporates a system in which players construct their own weapons, which will be elaborated on in more detail once you reach an appropriate point.

Enemies include manifestations of darkness (the origins of which are quite unknown), insane light elementals bound with solid light that have slain their masters, monstrous golems formed of stone and crystal that ravage the landscape, mutated beasts that have become infused with the sheer essence of the prisms, and more fell things of horror to encounter and slay. The wildernesses are dangerous places, on a planet where the concept of light weaponized and spiritualized is a core concept.

Conquer the most ancient of dungeons. Ply your craft through politics and deceit. Wage war against nations- or conquer one for yourself. Invent unspeakably fearsome superweapons. Travel to unbelievably beautiful landscapes. Really, the game belongs to the players- choose your own goal, and find your own destiny!

------<><><><><><>------

World Lore:

Gameplay:

How to Acquire Abilities:

Concept Magic Seminar:

Material Magic Seminar:

How to Join:

Player Status:

First game, first time running a game on a forum-based format online. Let's have some fun!

------<><><><><><>------

Last edited by Zerovirus on Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:51 pm; edited 82 times in total
Zerovirus
Zerovirus
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

http://forums.wesnoth.org

Back to top Go down

Roll 2 Dodge: Prismpunk Empty Re: Roll 2 Dodge: Prismpunk

Post  Bigkahuna Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:28 pm

Beautifully written introduction. Count me in, sounds interesting.

By the way, was the, "the ape reaches and grabs the stone, and barely notices that in order to reach it he was forced to stand up," a reference to evolution or part of the plot?
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Zerovirus Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:32 pm

It's a reference to evolution. I figured it'd be a cool bit for an introduction, showing how the first step towards prism technology was interlaced with the literal first step of humanity... Though it could be easily woven into the plot, as I have it. There are methods of achieving immortality, after all... And just because Light is the primary technology tree of this setting does not mean other technologies and magics are completely, say, shunted aside. There's a lot of leeway in this setting, I'd say.

Do you want to create a character with specific traits and proficiencies as part of its flavor, or will you just go with a vanilla guy?
Zerovirus
Zerovirus
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:50 pm

Give me a vanilla guy. It'd be faster and I'm not sure which ones you would like to utilize in this game. Nice avatar, by the way Very Happy .
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Zerovirus Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:05 pm

That's probably a good idea, now that I think about it. My setting's deviant enough that making custom characters might be more of a hassle than it's worth, so I'll adjust the rules to state that for the first players, all characters are vanilla and after observers become acclimated to the setting I will introduce the ability to state a character's specializations and skills again.

Also, I recommend you come up with a character name, though of course that's not strictly required.
Zerovirus
Zerovirus
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:12 pm

His name will be Jonathan Kmetz. (No, this is not my name)
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  JackBarber Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:42 pm

Well, your game looks like the most interesting...
But what exactly do we do...? Mine?

Nah, just kidding... But I'd like to join.
Name - James Rosenberg.

Also, you're missing a Starting Location and such.

Last edited by JackBarber on Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
JackBarber
JackBarber
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:44 pm

JackBarber - see the first post about abilities.

Zerovirus wrote:FOR THE FIRST FOUR PLAYERS, ALL CHARACTERS ARE VANILLA. ONCE THE GAME BEGINS AND PEOPLE HAVE A CHANCE TO VIEW THE WAY SOCIETY AND HUMANITY OPERATES IN THIS SETTING, CUSTOMIZED CHARACTERS WILL BE ALLOWED TO SCALE WITH THE CURRENT PARTY'S SKILL LEVEL.
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  XxoriginxX Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:55 pm

I will dive into this as well! Name: Oranen Ispil. I will take a vanilla character, and work my way from there.
XxoriginxX
XxoriginxX
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Wesfreak Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:57 pm

Vanilla? I prefer chocolate. Very Happy

(yes, I know the term, I just wanted to make that pun.)

I'll join. My character will be called Steven Zrael.
Wesfreak
Wesfreak
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Zerovirus Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:01 pm

And that's a full list of players for now! I'll be writing up the introductory post right now.
Zerovirus
Zerovirus
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  XxoriginxX Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:05 pm

Quick question: Does this R2D have all the innovative strange abilities as others? (Kinesis, etc...)
XxoriginxX
XxoriginxX
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  JackBarber Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:20 pm

Zerovirus wrote:PLAYERS START THE GAME WITH NO SUPERNATURAL ABILITIES. NATURAL ABILITIES, SUCH AS PROFICIENCY WITH WEAPONRY, SURVIVAL SKILLS, OR MENTAL SKILLS ARE FINE. ANY SUPERNATURAL ABILITIES WILL BE ACQUIRED THROUGH THE COURSE OF THE GAME.
^----^
I guess there will be some powers later on...
JackBarber
JackBarber
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Zerovirus Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:34 pm

GAME STARTS

All of you sit in a covered wagon, following a military caravan on its way to the front-lines.

The four of you weren’t actually accessories to this operation, as the fact was. You were traveling blades, looking for a battle, a lord, or maybe even a war to try out your weapons with. The small nation of Raitala was, after all, never peaceful- the nation had only survived out a hundred years by mastering bargains and politics, hinging on its powerful neighbors to protect it from its other powerful neighbors, flipping from one side to another on the turn of a clip. That, of course, meant that Raitala wasn’t all that prosperous, as a constant warzone on the political and physical battlefield. Heck, you probably aren’t even full-blood Raitalans. Native Raitalans only compose, what, a fifth of the nation’s population anyways? Everybody else just came from another nation- Raitala’s too transient to impose any real border customs, anyways.

And a bump in the road shakes the four of you out of a shared conversation, as the creaky wheels bounce past yet another pocked hole in the poorly-maintained dirt road. And as the canvas sides of your vehicle stop shaking, you return to your original topic of discussion.
A Sixfold Splitter. Can you believe it? Legends, they said. Ancient myths, born of the ramblings of a fireside storyteller or town lunatic. And not just a normal splitter- a Chromatic, Overlimit one! The sheer utility of it, capable of splitting a single beam into six equally powerful, differently-colored beams- it’d make a legendary weapon, or failing that it’d be an incredible hold for any wealthy collector’s glass cabinets.
And you’ve heard that the army’s got hold of it. What? It’s not like you guys were going to try and steal it or something. That’d be, well… Absolutely foolish!

Besides, you don’t want to challenge the Army now. After all, you guys are hitching a ride, hoping to become mercenaries in the front-lines of the new war. Who was it this time- did the Arsene Commonwealth invade again, perhaps, or maybe the Hethasila Democratic Republic Which Is Not A Dictatorship At All?

Meh. You don’t care. Fighting will make you some money- and perhaps, at some point, you can sneak past enemy lines and finally get out of the hellhole known as Raitala. You’ve heard there’s all sorts of wonders of light out there, and all four of you have agreed to try and sneak your way through one of the front-lines. That’s another reason why Raitala doesn’t have customs- every mile of their borders is at war practically all of the time, which really saves the effort needed to patrol said borders, in a twisty way.

‘Course, you can’t tell anyone else about this. Treason doesn’t go well with hitching a ride on an army caravan. So you just relax and listen to Sergeant Sanja snap her whip in the front, driving the mules and oxen forward.

As the four of you relax, watching the countryside roll past, you hear a snap, and the covered wagon that carries the four of you along with some food lurches violently. All of you are thrown off your seats as another snap comes from the back wheel, firmly grounding the wagon with a crunch.

“What? What was that?” You distinctly hear Sanja yell from the front of the caravan. From your great vantage point to this whole mess, you think the wheels probably croaked or something. They were old and creaky, after all.

As you four hurriedly untangle your limbs and climb out of the crashed wagon, you find a gathering of guards and Sanja herself dismounting to inspect the two broken wheels. Sanja, taking note of you, rolls her eyes. “What did you guys do this time? Actually, don’t answer that, if it was you I’m tired of dealing with you and if it wasn’t I don’t want to hear anything.”

What do you do?
>How do you respond to Sanja's sarcasm?
>What do you do about the broken wheels?

DISCUSSION MODE

Bigkahuna (Jonathan Kmetz):
Inventory:
120 Clips (1 clip~1 american dollar)
Cryspistol (1d6, middle-range)
Prism Sword (1d10, melee-range)

Skills: None

Jackbarber (James Rosenburg)
Inventory:
120 Clips

Skills:
None

XxOriginxX (Oranen Ispil)
Inventory:
120 Clips

Skills:
None

Wesfreak (Steven Zrael)
Inventory:
120 Clips

Skills:
None

As should be obvious, in discussion mode one can discuss things. Either of the parties can choose to end the discourse at any time. The players don't have to stay together, so some can discuss while others go kill enemies or whatnot.
Zerovirus
Zerovirus
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:39 pm

>Sarcasm Response - Just blow it off. Sanja's a jerk anyway.
>>Wheel Response - Attempt to fix the wheels.

Is this how all the rolls will be? Do we have minors or majors?
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  XxoriginxX Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:44 pm

Minor: Concede with Sanja's blame, but turn it against her: "Look, I understand that we have not done much to help, but if you really think that we should help more, then ask. However, since blaming eachother will not solve anything at this point, let us fix those wagon wheels. So, any spare wheels, or some way to fix them?"
Major: Search the wagon for spare wheels.

Last edited by XxoriginxX on Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
XxoriginxX
XxoriginxX
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Wesfreak Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:52 pm

Ignore Sanja's sarcasm. "I don't suppose the anyone had the foresight to pack any spare wheels?"
If there are spares, help change the wheels. Otherwise "I guess we're walking from here, aren't we?"
Wesfreak
Wesfreak
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Zerovirus Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:06 pm

I'm writing a update post right now and I find that dealing with four players isn't actually all that hard- so I guess I can add you to the list and expand the player max to 5. Make sure you get yourself a distinctive, middle-low fantasy name for your character!

I'm not expanding the player maximum any further for now, though.

e: Did DC delete his post or something?
Zerovirus
Zerovirus
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Zerovirus Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:11 pm

Spoiler:

Bigkahuna (Jonathan Kmetz):
7 >Sarcasm Response - Just blow it off. Sanja's a jerk anyway.

As you dismissingly wave a hand at her while turning away, Sanja's frown deepens- and she strides towards you. "What do you think you are doing? I swear, every time you try to do something..."

18 >>Wheel Response - Attempt to fix the wheels.

You continue to ignore her as you grab the wheel, which as you could see had only been slightly buckled- and accidentally snap it in half. Whoops. A small bit of smoke wafts into the air as you drop the two wheel halves, Sanja's frown growing into a full-blown snarl. Well, that certainly didn't get you any bonuses.

Wait. Where'd the smoke come from?

You drop to the ground and grab a half of the wheel, turning it around and analyzing it-

SEARCH CHECK ROLLS: 13, 9 SUCCESS

...The wood smells of flame and fire- and it's not the normal type of fire either. No, this is the cleaner burn that results from a tactical laser. You've seen this kind of cut before, on battlefields- snipers have always been an unfortunate issue to deal with in combat.

But who would snipe a wagon instead of the people on the wagon? And for that matter, if they wanted to kill people why didn't they start shooting already?

XxOriginxX (Oranen Ispil):
7 Tell Sanja: "It does not matter what the cause, it just matters how we would fix it. Exactly how bad is the damage to the wheels?".

But before you can speak, Jonathan turns around and hand the half of the wooden wheel to Sanja, almost shoving it into her to her surprise, so close had she advanced. She drops her weapons to clutch the broken circle, and one sniff from the wood is all.

"Even you guys wouldn't blunder this badly. I mean, snapping the wood in half so bad you light it on fire? Now that's a feat." She cocks an eyebrow at you as Jonathan says, "Someone sniped this wheel in half with a laser. I've seen the type."

Sanja makes no acknowledgement but a frown, even as her soldiers suddenly start sweating quite a bit more.

At this point, you feel that you have to ask. "Exactly how bad is the damage to the wheels?"

Sanja sighs. "It's... Well, you can tell. The wheels are pretty much ruined."

Wesfreak (Steven Zrael)

13 Ignore Sanja's sarcasm. "I don't suppose the anyone had the foresight to pack any spare wheels?"

Sanja frowns at you, once more (it's like she can't do anything but frown) as she replies. "We... considered such a possibility, but we only have one spare wheel. We can't do anything for the other burnt wheel. I suppose the economy of our mighty nation has its... downsides."

6 If there are spares, help change the wheels. Otherwise "I guess we're walking from here, aren't we?".

"What? No. That's absolutely moronic. Do you see how many supplies and soldiers we have here? There's no way we can carry all this stuff, and all the other caravans are practically loaded to the max since we had to make space in the back for you bumblers. And if I can't get this to the Laserwalk, the generals will have... Well, not my head but certainly my chevrons."

Then, Sanja grins.

"You know what? Since you guys have been freeloading in the back, and you haven't been doing anything at all this entire trip- why don't you go and find me some wheels?"

Oh. Oh what. That is completely unreasonable! It's at least three hours' walk to the nearest village, and even though it's just morning you still don't want to spend six hours of the day walking around.

>What do you say about Sanja's request?
>What do you do about the fact that the wheels seemed to have been sabotaged?
Zerovirus
Zerovirus
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  XxoriginxX Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:22 pm

Respond to Sanja: "I think I have an even better idea for our wheel dilemma..."
Major: Cut off a section of the wagon canvas, and attempt to use it to wrap the two broken ends of the wheel back together.
XxoriginxX
XxoriginxX
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:49 pm

How does the d20 system work...?

And,

Reply to All:"I don't why you guys haven't thought of this yet, but as our wagon was shot from under us the culprits are likely still here. Anyone want to come with me to search?"
>>Look around for evidence of the shooters, or even better, the shooters themselves.

Last edited by bigkahuna on Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Zerovirus Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:56 pm

The system basically works based on me applying the roll to the difficulty, like any other R2D system. It's just that I let the roll affect the outcome MUCH less than other systems do.

And Major/Minor action restrictions only apply in battle. Until something attacks you or you attack something, don't worry about majors and minors (which I find to be rather constrictive anyways).
Zerovirus
Zerovirus
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Wesfreak Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:01 pm

"Are you expecting us to buy things for the military on our own cash? We're gonna need some clips to buy a wheel."
Wesfreak
Wesfreak
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  XxoriginxX Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:20 pm

Wow... I really am bored. I am sitting here reading the psi wiki, trying half of the stuff in some hope that it works. I know it will not, but hey, why not try it?
XxoriginxX
XxoriginxX
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Zerovirus Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:22 pm

Welp, I'm certainly hoping that I'm not a direct cause of such boredom. If you have something specific in mind, run it by me in this thread or in PM. A lot of the stuff on Psi Wiki won't be applicable, though; this is a completely different setting and I'm probably going to trend away from the inexplicable "-kinesis" stuff. All the skills you encounter in this game will be just as versatile and awesome, but with an added layer of explanation and psuedo-magic-logic involved.
Zerovirus
Zerovirus
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 37 1, 2, 3 ... 19 ... 37  Next