Novalia Roll 2 Dodge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roll 2 Dodge: Prismpunk

+8
Dragonchampion
ShadoWKilleR
creonto
Wesfreak
XxoriginxX
JackBarber
Bigkahuna
Zerovirus
12 posters

Page 19 of 37 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 28 ... 37  Next

Go down

Roll 2 Dodge: Prismpunk - Page 19 Empty Re: Roll 2 Dodge: Prismpunk

Post  Bigkahuna Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:36 pm

One thing that I would like to see changed with the game is a more clear and defined way to learn Concepts and Material Magic.

One rather large 'hole' I saw in the learning side was that when our "payday" came, we basically made up our minds to learn these Concepts, and we automatically learned them. Some of us read books, but everyone learned them when they chose to learn them. The 'hole' itself is not that we successfully learned them, but that there was no roadblock from learning the Concepts when we so chose.

Basically, what is stopping us from learning new Concepts and Magic whenever we want? I think this should be explained in more detail.
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  johnratchet3 Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:40 am

Speak to the inkheart and say "We may be outnumbered, but if we wish to compare some more, then it is you who is out-skilled. Undead aren't particularly intelligent in their recklessness, and the scimitars poised to kill don't help you greatly either. Besides a thoroughly unreasonable surrender, what do you want from us? What can you provide as compensation? And please don't say our lives."

Listen to the answer, stand ready at all times, and when the **** hits the fan (as it likely will), prioritize killing the various undead in order to protect the group. If opportunity presents itself, this defense is uneeded, or if I down them all (Razz ) go with my original plan, and hit the ink heart in its equivelent of a crotch chisel the heart to death.

Sorry for the late submission, time zones aren't the greatest for me, and I forgot to post last night. I wonder if the undead will die when the heart goes, because surely their survival is dependent on it's energy? Or do they draw from the absolute zone? Question

I agree with Kahuna, I want to learn some magic and give this hammer some special stuff. Namely I want to imbue motion or something on the side, so I can have it spin when I so desire, providing an extra kick in blows. Learning about gyroscopes in RL physics soon, might be able to think up some trippy stuff with it.
johnratchet3
johnratchet3
Experienced Player
Experienced Player

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:01 am

Johnratchet3 wrote:I wonder if the undead will die when the heart goes, because surely their survival is dependent on it's energy? Or do they draw from the absolute zone?
Well, we don't know whether the undead were re-animated by the power of the Inkheart or from Necromancy, and we don't know how either are connected to the responsible mage or the A.Z. We'll find out soon enough, I suppose.

Ready to roll!

Rolls wrote:Bigkahuna - Discreetly use a Gelpack on myself if Wesfreak does not heal me. Tell the mage that we will listen to his demands, but he must tell us some information himself. Talk to the mage (in this order) about his motives, the 'artifacts', Senaferu, the Abstraction Soldiers, and the Inkheart mages themselves. Tell him to stop hurting Oranen or we'll retaliate (we still have some leverage here). If he refrains from agreeing to my one initial demand, perhaps threaten to destroy his artifacts.

If he attacks: grit my teeth in preparation. Teleport to my tele-rune and try to slash Oranen out (and myself if I get in there). When he gets out, tell him to throw the tele-rune and teleport as soon as he does. While the mage is distracted, urge the others to stab him in the Inkheart. If no one can kill him, do the following: Throw the tele-rune in the direction of his Inkheart. Teleport to the Inkheart and stab it through with my prism-sword, extending it if the length is insufficient.

New Defined Teleportation Symbols wrote:Master Symbol (for me to hold): =D
Teleport-to-Target: =P
Target: =X
Teleport-to-Me: =(
Teleport-Me-to: =)

Wesfreak - If there are enough plants (or other nonsentient lifeforms) around, heal everyone in our group and the npc group that needs it. (giving people in our group priority). Agree to listen to the Inkheart's demands, and off him the following deal: he can leave without further harm if he releases Origin and tells us everything Tiven wants to know.

Shadowkiller -
If he is cooperative and not attacking:
> Search for anything that looks like a weak point in his defenses and on him.

If the mage is attacking, declines talking, or declines releasing:
"If the head's not working, let's go for the heart!"
> Fire rounds into the mage's center of the chest and left side of chest.

Jackbarber - Face towards the undead writing runes of slowing on the ground before me, in case they come running.
Ask for suggestions on what to do.

Johnratchet3 - Speak to the inkheart and say "We may be outnumbered, but if we wish to compare some more, then it is you who is out-skilled. Undead aren't particularly intelligent in their recklessness, and the scimitars poised to kill don't help you greatly either. Besides a thoroughly unreasonable surrender, what do you want from us? What can you provide as compensation? And please don't say our lives."

Listen to the answer, stand ready at all times, and when the **** hits the fan (as it likely will), prioritize killing the various undead in order to protect the group. If opportunity presents itself, this defense is uneeded, or if I down them all ( Razz ) go with my original plan, and hit the ink heart in its equivelent of a crotch chisel the heart to death.

Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Wesfreak Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:04 am

Well, we do have a rune artist and a scroll of minor lightning: you could get a mini Thors hammer.
Wesfreak
Wesfreak
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  johnratchet3 Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:28 am

If I can get a picture of the hammer and some supplies I'll design the circuits myself and upload a picture Very Happy They might even look somewhat plausible. Looking forward to the role, hope I live to mod the hammer and examine the components.
johnratchet3
johnratchet3
Experienced Player
Experienced Player

Back to top Go down

Post  JackBarber Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:02 am

I probably would be more creative, but most games just restrict stuff...
Like I thought about making an awesome bazooka type weapon out of stone... Pretty much a stone tube... Writing runes in a circle on the back, able to kinda blast any one of those I wanted at any time...
But then I thought of restrictions most GMs would have... like "Oh no, the thing is too heavy and you fall over, undead shredding your corpse apart as you lay helpless" But... I guess it could be made far smaller than I had in mind... (And now that I've said that I got an awesome idea of making a bunch of smaller tubes and merging them together into a shotgun like item...)

Zero, question...
What is the difference between activated runes and enchanted/imbued (or whatever that would is) Runes?
JackBarber
JackBarber
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  8680 Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:14 pm

Zerovirus wrote:Previous RPG experience isn't as necessary as creativity. How creative are you? Creativity is a central theme and attribute of Prismpunk- you're going to need to come up with some out-of-the-box thinking and complex tactics, as well as new and original skills, technique, and equipment.

Can you honestly say that you'd be able to carry on your end of a conversation similar to what Bigkahuna and I had in the Worlds Thread about the concept of Movement? If yes, I await your prototype character design.
I can do my best, but without knowing just how high your standards are I can't know if it will be good enough.
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  ShadoWKilleR Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:35 pm

Maybe look at the actions of the first four players? They are almost as long as their rolls, if not as long in cases he decides to be lazy.
ShadoWKilleR
ShadoWKilleR
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Zerovirus Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:40 pm

bigkahuna wrote:Basically, what is stopping us from learning new Concepts and Magic whenever we want? I think this should be explained in more detail.

Time. Put short, I intended for you guys to find teachers so I could have a sort of a teacher vs. student learning-sparring session. I accelerated that a bit and basically had you guys learn the basics by yourselves while you were on the Laserwalk. If you still want to learn, you're going to have to set apart multiple hours, possibly a whole day, to acquire new ranges in your magic.

JackBarber wrote:Like I thought about making an awesome bazooka type weapon out of stone... Pretty much a stone tube... Writing runes in a circle on the back, able to kinda blast any one of those I wanted at any time...

I've been trying to emphasize the fact that I, unlike most DMs, actually like cool stuff. I'm lenient when players exercise creativity- what you have envisioned is possible. Propulsion could be pyromantic, or some sort of mechanical rocket, or even Kinetimancy- the stone itself would have to be Geometrically formed. If you want to make it out of pure concept magic... Well, I'm not quite sure what concepts you would need. Offense, Projection, Fortitude, maybe some other stuff for the details.

Note, though- You are NOT a geomancer, and Fortification doesn't lend itself to the rocket-cannon you're imagining. You are at this point a Concept Mage with the Concept of Fortitude/Fortification, which is angled heavily at modification of armor and defensing things through wards and physical support.

Alright, 8680, you're in. Character name and general description, please!

Update coming whenever, possibly today or tomorrow.
Zerovirus
Zerovirus
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

http://forums.wesnoth.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:47 pm

Zerovirus - If most of the 'cool' stuff involves loads of Concepts or 'mancys to learn, how will we find time to learn it all ourselves?

And I was looking forward to a roll today Razz Ah well. It's not like we're paying you or something (don't get any ideas).
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Zerovirus Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:19 pm

After a while, there exists such a thing as General Mastery, where you pretty much know enough of everything to do a little of everything. At that point, magic becomes a heck of a lot more freeform. Besides, I'd say that what you have right now is pretty cool, at least compared to the progression rates of other RPs in general, no?
Zerovirus
Zerovirus
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  JackBarber Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:38 pm

Eh... Zero, I kinda meant like... sticking Lightning, and Fire blast runes onto the back part of the stone tube... <_<
JackBarber
JackBarber
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  8680 Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:01 pm

Zerovirus wrote:Alright, 8680, you're in. Character name and general description, please!
Very Happy

Kal Vadrien:
Is that good enough?
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Zerovirus Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:19 pm

JackBarber wrote:Eh... Zero, I kinda meant like... sticking Lightning, and Fire blast runes onto the back part of the stone tube... <_<

Might work, might not. You'll need more precise runes than generic lightning and fire runes, if you want to get accuracy or durability- at the best your current skills will yield a one-time-usage rocket.

@8680: Guess that'll work. Is the glaive Metal or Prismatic? Both have their upsides and downsides.
Zerovirus
Zerovirus
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  8680 Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:24 pm

Metal, as it's from Pallatir.
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:58 pm

EDIT: Nevermind. Sorry. And yes, the magic we have so far has been a great deal better and more freeform than all text RPGs I've played. But then again I've only played those on this forum Wink

Last edited by bigkahuna on Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:28 am; edited 3 times in total
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  JackBarber Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:36 am

For a better description... -.-
Spoiler:
(The "runes" present are just the ones my character knows pretty much, they also probably don't look what like you have in mind, but I don't know what you did have in your mind.)

You said it yourself Zero, the runes I have are more of "the magic comes out the other end" things so, I don't see how in the world this would be a rocket...
JackBarber
JackBarber
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Zerovirus Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:25 am

Well, you did use the word 'Bazooka' in your original wording for the idea and I got the impression that you intended to propel a stone or something through rocketlike physical acceleration. A tube with your scrolls in them might not do much more than to increase range and accuracy with fire spells- lightning sure won't go longer just by being placed in an insulating tube but it might be more accurate.
Zerovirus
Zerovirus
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:34 pm

Ready to roll! (When you are... No pressure!)

Rolls wrote:Bigkahuna - Discreetly use a Gelpack on myself if Wesfreak does not heal me. Tell the mage that we will listen to his demands, but he must tell us some information himself. Talk to the mage (in this order) about his motives, the 'artifacts', Senaferu, the Abstraction Soldiers, and the Inkheart mages themselves. Tell him to stop hurting Oranen or we'll retaliate (we still have some leverage here). If he refrains from agreeing to my one initial demand, perhaps threaten to destroy his artifacts.

If he attacks: grit my teeth in preparation. Teleport to my tele-rune and try to slash Oranen out (and myself if I get in there). When he gets out, tell him to throw the tele-rune and teleport as soon as he does. While the mage is distracted, urge the others to stab him in the Inkheart. If no one can kill him, do the following: Throw the tele-rune in the direction of his Inkheart. Teleport to the Inkheart and stab it through with my prism-sword, extending it if the length is insufficient.

New Defined Teleportation Symbols wrote:Master Symbol (for me to hold): =D
Teleport-to-Target: =P
Target: =X
Teleport-to-Me: =(
Teleport-Me-to: =)

Wesfreak - If there are enough plants (or other nonsentient lifeforms) around, heal everyone in our group and the npc group that needs it. (giving people in our group priority). Agree to listen to the Inkheart's demands, and off him the following deal: he can leave without further harm if he releases Origin and tells us everything Tiven wants to know.

Shadowkiller -

If the mage is attacking, declines talking, or declines releasing:
"If the head's not working, let's go for the heart!"
> Fire rounds into the mage's center of the chest and left side of chest.

Jackbarber - Alright then...

Face towards the undead writing runes of slowing on the ground before me, in case they come running.
Ask for suggestions on what to do. (NPCs or Players...)
If attacked defend myself with my sword, using the extension.

Johnratchet3 - Speak to the inkheart and say "We may be outnumbered, but if we wish to compare some more, then it is you who is out-skilled. Undead aren't particularly intelligent in their recklessness, and the scimitars poised to kill don't help you greatly either. Besides a thoroughly unreasonable surrender, what do you want from us? What can you provide as compensation? And please don't say our lives."

Listen to the answer, stand ready at all times, and when the **** hits the fan (as it likely will), prioritize killing the various undead in order to protect the group. If opportunity presents itself, this defense is uneeded, or if I down them all ( Razz ) go with my original plan, and hit the ink heart in its equivelent of a crotch chisel the heart to death.

Kal Vadrien - I was born and raised in Pallatir, where the incessant conflict taught me to be always alert and watchful of my surroundings. When my family died in one of the many internal border skirmishes, I left Pallatir for Arsene, where I learned the basics of runecrafting, a subject in which I had always been interested, by reading as many books about it as possible in any libraries I came across in my wanderings. As my only skills besides a basic understanding of runecrafting and an even more basic understanding of luxtech (acquired only recently) were a fair understanding of combat and sewing, I decided to go somewhere where the former would be more useful, and thus I now find myself in, ironically, that other consistently war-torn country, Raitala.

I'm around 5' 8" tall and average adventurer age (~28?). I'm continually looking warily about, analyzing my surroundings. My clothes are rough, tough, and utilitarian.

Equipment: metal glaive, cryspistol; Skills: heightened alertness, minor runecrafting

Last edited by bigkahuna on Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  JackBarber Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:49 pm

JackBarber wrote:Alright then...

Face towards the undead writing runes of slowing on the ground before me, in case they come running.
Ask for suggestions on what to do.
(NPCs or Players...)
If attacked defend myself with my sword, using the extension.
<_<
JackBarber
JackBarber
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:53 pm

JackBarber - You edited your original action post AFTER I posted the list of actions. Sorry if I missed it, though.

Now we're ready to roll.
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Zerovirus Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:01 pm

Spoiler:

Wesfreak:
If there are enough plants (or other nonsentient lifeforms) around, heal everyone in our group and the npc group that needs it. (giving people in our group priority).

There's definitely abundant wildlife- reaching out, you can read, of course, the grass and insects beneath your feet, stretching to the horizon with no need to hunt down further fuel. Pulling their power from their forms, you see the grass turn slightly brown for twenty feet around you as you once more sprinkle revitalizing energies over all your allies. Matilbeth frowns slightly in response.

Bigkahuna:
Tell the mage that we will listen to his demands, but he must tell us some information himself.

Johnratchet3:
Speak to the inkheart and say "We may be outnumbered, but if we wish to compare some more, then it is you who is out-skilled. Undead aren't particularly intelligent in their recklessness, and the scimitars poised to kill don't help you greatly either. Besides a thoroughly unreasonable surrender, what do you want from us? What can you provide as compensation? And please don't say our lives."

With the standoff, conversation finally opens, an opportunity for both sides to probe their enemy's defenses.

Mark speaks first.

"We may be outnumbered, but if we wish to compare some more, then it is you who is out-skilled. Undead aren't particularly intelligent in their recklessness, and the scimitars poised to kill don't help you greatly either. Besides a thoroughly unreasonable surrender, what do you want from us? What can you provide as compensation?"

Jonathan cuts in. "So as you can tell, we expect diplomatic discourse. We'll listen to your demands-"

"-And please don't demand our lives, that just kills the whole point of this discussion." Mark coughs. "Uh, bad choice of words there, but you get the point."

"Your lives are already forfeit for opposing our will. I will spare you, but you will not be spared on a larger scale. There are forces greater than your comprehension at work here, and you will not be noticed in all this. I will make it clear now that, by my power or another's, you will be ended. It is inevitable."

Jonathan shrugs. "So you're saying you won't demand our deaths for now?"

"...Proceed with your meaningless queries, lest I become tired and end this."

Bigkahuna:
Talk to the mage (in this order) about his motives, the 'artifacts', Senaferu, the Abstraction Soldiers, and the Inkheart mages themselves. Tell him to stop hurting Oranen or we'll retaliate (we still have some leverage here). If he refrains from agreeing to my one initial demand, perhaps threaten to destroy his artifacts.

"First. Your motives are-"

"Have I not made them clear enough yet? I have been trying so awfully hard to kill you six, I'd think it a slight to my honor if you were to feign ignorance of my goals."

"Well, yeah, but why us? I mean, yeah we smashed a bandit outpost and took some magic items, but those things are hardly powerful at all. What's the deal here?"

"And why should I tell you- Agh!"

The scimitars heat up again for an instant, and blood crystallizes- no, it evaporates after crystallization, solid material vaporized in a flash-fire.

"...Well, I shall tell you this..."

"...Since you're already dead men, you might as well know that we will hunt you to the end of the world. You have challenged one of our holdings and damaged our organization, and you will suffer for it."

He's hiding something. You're sure of it.

"Okay, next question- where and what exactly are the Abstraction Soldiers, and who is Saneferu?"

"So, you know of those who follow the Dream Banner as well?.."

"...Open your eyes, mortal fool. Do you really think that we and the Soldiers are the only secret orders, or that diplomacy can be broken up so evenly into complete antagonism and solid alliances? The Soldiers are powerful and we have sought information on them, but they are not our enemies or allies. Are they yours? No, they cannot be."

"Uh..."

"Do you even know who holds the Dream Banner now? Do you know what the Soldiers are doing? Do you even know what Saneferu looks like?"

Tiven leaps in at this point. "He's six feet tall with brown hair! He's my father, of course I know his face!"

"...Bluffing me will not yield any more information, fool boy, and whatever data you have is most certainly suspect. I will say no more on this- to your next question- and be aware that I will ask my own questions when the time comes."

"...Who are you?"

"I am an Inkheart. If you wish for the name of our group or my employer, I'm afraid I'm not so foolish as to leave an incriminating trail."

Yeah, you expected as much. Just one last thing, then.

"And finally- You will release Oranen and you will cease this torment of him. You will retract your blades and spikes from his form, or we will retaliate."

"...Acceptable. But I don't think I'll go so far as to release him. Leverage is useful, wouldn't you say, mage with the swords next to my core?"

Netiatono Vie doesn't move so much as an eyebrow. With some sort of mental sigh, the Inkheart lowers the strand of ink to the ground, crystallizing it into a solid prison even as he retracts the penetrating spikes and severs his own connection to the prison.

"As you can see, he is now not under pain. Do not attempt to enter the cage or to break him free, for I assure you that my responses are faster than that."

"..."

Wesfreak:
Agree to listen to the Inkheart's demands, and off him the following deal: he can leave without further harm if he releases Origin and tells us everything Tiven wants to know.

The creature's single compound eye blinks slowly before it speaks again with that mouthless voice.

"And now it is my turn. Who are you meddlers?"

"We're, uh, traveling blades. We don't really have a group, so sorry if you thought we were friends with the Abstraction Soldiers or whatever."

"...I sense no deception in your blood. So why then did you slaughter our commissioned mercenary force?"

"They were stealing from nearby towns as well as military caravans- they even sniped our caravan's wheels-"

"False. That mercenary force was contracted only to steal from the nearest road, and that was certainly not the one you traveled on. The incident in the newspaper was their cause. Your wheel was not ours and was likely an outside force."

"And you could be easily lying-"

"Don't skimp on my queries, mortal. What were your intentions in slaughtering a previously neutral party in your schemes?"

"Well, they killed people and stole things! You guys stole things too, and you killed people in Atelello!" Tiven pushes forth his blade and crossbow at the heart once more, the edge of the blade touching the heart right underneath the red eye, his mouth bending to show bare teeth in a feral snarl. "And you have the gall to call US murderers?"

"How fascinating. Would you like me to tell you the various crimes of the men we killed in Atelello? The weapons shopkeeper- the Classic Forge, I believe? He provided military secrets to Arsene and Hethasila, and smuggled weapons to enemy countries, not to mention being the ringleader in the local mafia, oppressing shopkeepers."

"That doesn't give you the right to-" Tiven chokes as he is cut off by the Inkheart's continued words.

"The Bibliography acquired its scrolls from unverified sources- not the Circle Tower, as the advertisements would have you believe. Chances are that the runes have not been sealed properly and will cause permanent damage to a caster's soul if he keeps buying flawed runes. The small vender was in fact a thief who murdered people that he scoped out by checking their wares. The Guild of Mentia Exalt... Well, you'll find out sooner or later. They're not even trying to cover it up, you know."

"What?"

Netiatono simply retains his stony visage.

"As it happens, we didn't intend on damaging the Library, Medicine store, or Herbal store, but in the end we only got away with the library. What was a clandestine operation failed when our operative found a certain Fytevomancer in one of the targets."

"What, my mom?" Alchione looks back at Mrs. Matilbeth. "Well, you were trying to burn down our store!"

"False. Your mother opened her first assault- and just as well. We recognized her from the moment she looked outside at us."

"Wha-"

"Marya the Dreadvine. Maker of a thousand poisons. The Myriad Weave must miss one of their greatest and most loyal servants since she went into hiding, no?"

"..."

At this point, you think you really need to step in again. "Okay, now you're really pushing it. I can see the Classic Forge being a front for smuggling, but Mrs. Matilbeth? You've gotta be kidding me here. I don't believe a word you said. Jonathan, James, aren't I right? Allene, Mark, you haven't met Mrs. Matilbeth but trust me on this she isn't a killer or whatever this thing is saying."

"Believe what you want- but we are both parties of war and death. We've each killed our own share- and now I demand that you give me your stolen artifacts."

"Alternatively, you tell us everything Tiven wants to know, and release Oranen, and we might let you live yet."

"...You really don't know who Tiven is, do you? If you did you would recognize the folly of your request. Then my counteroffer: I will release your friend and you will give me your stolen artifacts. We can then leave without ado or combat, and I shall allow my hordes to fall lifeless once more when the deal is sealed and you release your blades. This is my ultimatum and any other demands you make shall be met with battle and death."

Shadowkiller

...Well, there's his heart, that's for sure. Nothing else really looks like a weak point, though you're not sure if the heart's a critical point anyways. What if his consciousness is located in the blood or something? Then you'd have to kill everything, and that wouldn't work at all...

You cease your ruminations. Heart, definitely heart- and if it's not you can't do anything about it.

------

The creature turns its piercing eye towards Tiven.

"Progenitor and Inheritor. If you would so graciously come with me once we have completed this event, I will assure you that we mean you no harm, and that you may bring with you as many honored guests as you would wish, whether for defense or company. The information you seek may be relayed to you and only to you."

"Yeah, sure. I'll definitely do that because there's no reason for me not to, right? It's not like you guys are abominations and insults to nature anyways."

"...We have some information on your father, and I offer to share it freely. I would highly suggest that Alchione be made privy to this information as well."

At that, Tiven looks a bit undecided.

"...You guys aren't going to try and turn me to the dark side or something, right? I mean, I don't quite think I'm naive enough to fall for that classic trap."

"Would we dare with you, Progenitor and Inheritor? Do you not wish to learn the meaning of your title?"

As Tiven looks at Alchione, who simply looks confused, the rest of you debate the meaning of these revelations.

How do you react to the Inkheart's allegations? What do you do about the final ultimatum? What do you say to Tiven, Matilbeth, or any of the other people present?

------
VOTING.

Will you accept the ultimatum the Inkheart has put forth? A YES or NO will suffice- if you haven't posted a combat action in case you decide not to accept it, then this is the time.

Zerovirus
Zerovirus
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:38 pm

Zerovirus - don't forget my Telesymbol Network skill.

Vote: YES

Action1: If our collective answer is NO, before we give our answer, fire off some bolts at the Inkheart. Once the ensuing chaos begins, teleport into the cage with Oranen and hack our way out, placing a Gelpack on him when possible. Assume a back-to-back position with him to defend from oncoming tendrils and such.

Action2: If our collective answer is YES, wait til Wesfreak tries his final Gambit™️. Then ask the mage why he wants the equipment, and hand it to him at the same time Oranen is let free. Make sure Oranen is healed and safely brought back to our group. Suggest Tiven to go with the mage to learn about his father, and then also suggest him to tell the mage that he will bring all of us under his protection to learn about his father, since the mage respects Tiven so much and insisted that he could bring guests.

For Both Actions: Ask Matilbeth and Netatiano what in the world their accusations meant, ask about Alchione, and forgive Netatiano for the moment and ask him if he can teach me Concept Magic now that I actually have a chance to put myself under his apprenticeship.

So, what we know:
The Inkhearts are powerful mages, known at one point to be under control of the Volsavrax Empire. They are a mage society competing with/trying to find info on the Abstraction Soldiers, of whom Senaferu is a member. The Inkhearts hired bandits to steal military weapons for their private use, for some unknown purpose. The Inkhearts will now hunt us down for all eternity Wink

Instead of "great wisdom and power", Inkhearts convert the mage's blood to 'ink' and give them minor mind-reading abilities (as far as we know).

•Alchione is also of some importance to the Inkhearts.
•Tiven is an Inheritor to something or other extremely important.

If we believe the Inkheart, this is also true:

•The Inkhearts targeted Atelello only to dispose of people that were a danger to the city. That would explain why they didn't try to destroy the power systems and such.
•Matilbeth is a former ninja-assassin type person.
•Netatiano Vie is a person of a shady character. Possibly the Inkheart only means he tries to draw people into 'dangerous' Concept Magic.
•They may be loyal to the Empire, as they only took out a weapons dealer who gave secrets to the other two opposing superpowers.

What do you guys say? Here are our options (that I can see at the moment):

•Free Oranen and kill the mage (we risk killing Oranen and/or unleashing the zombie horde).
•Agree to his demands [artifacts + freedom] and let him go (could risk more eternal vengeance).
•Agree to his demands [artifacts + freedom], and take advantage of his statement:

Note: only use this method if we believe the mage. One point that may show that the mage is telling the truth is that Zerovirus confirmed that the spell scrolls from the Bibliography damaged your soul, which the mage also said.

To Tiven: "If you would so graciously come with me once we have completed this event, I will assure you that we mean you no harm, and that you may bring with you as many honored guests as you would wish, whether for defense or company."

This means we could agree to his demands and go with Tiven to wherever the mage is going without fear of being harmed Smile Also, it gives us a chance to possibly get back our artifacts and learn more info on everything.

What do you guys vote? Shadowkiller - don't automatically vote to kill him Wink

Last edited by bigkahuna on Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:46 pm; edited 4 times in total
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Wesfreak Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:45 pm

I think we could try and lie our way out of this.

"We may be but travelling blades, but it is bellow us to rob from the dead. We gave the bandit leader a proper burial without touching his equipment."

These are not the gloves you are looking for.

If this doesn't work, then my vote is yes, but ask why they wanted the gauntlets in the first place.

I think tiven should go with them: We could give him a way to contact us (Netiano Vie probably knows some magical way. Failing that, we could put the teleport runes onto a scroll (or just give him one of the rocks) that sends an item/person to Bigkahuna. When he learns the information, he can write it on a paper, wrap it around the teleporting rock and activate the rune, sending us the report. (Or Alchione can have plants grow near us, spelling out a message)
Wesfreak
Wesfreak
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:19 pm

Wesfreak wrote:"We may be but travelling blades, but it is bellow us to rob from the dead. We gave the bandit leader a proper burial without touching his equipment."
He sensed the equipment on us without even looking at it... I doubt he'll fall for that.

My teleport spells only work up to 20 feet away, and the other methods of communication are too unwieldy. Besides, Tiven will probably be too shocked to send a message or the mages will not let him.
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 37 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 28 ... 37  Next