Novalia Roll 2 Dodge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roll 2 Dodge: The Facility

+7
ShadoWKilleR
Artlis
FLAMELASHER
XxoriginxX
Bigkahuna
Talkal
Daravel
11 posters

Page 1 of 15 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Go down

Roll 2 Dodge: The Facility Empty Roll 2 Dodge: The Facility

Post  Daravel Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:57 pm

This is my first roll 2 dodge, but I have played the Wesnoth one and followed it from its inception, if I turn out to be no good then I can just melt away! Post suggestions regarding my rules/setting before we start. The game will have a fair amount of story and the players can determine their objectives based upon information they discover in-game. I have a general story arc put in place, but it depends on what the players decide to do.

Due to the story line, death will be a fairly uncommon occurrence; negative rolls will affect a wide range of things and produce non-lethal injuries. But you can still receive life threatening injuries and die! There will be waiting list in case a character does die, or to replace an inactive player.

The game is set in a strange place that none of the protagonists have been to before, they understand nothing of it at the beginning and must discover everything for themselves; they will then need to decide what they wish to achieve. Once all players are reasonably satisfied that they have done this, the game will end.

Rules:
Spoiler:
Rolls:
Spoiler:
The setting:
Spoiler:
Your character:
Spoiler:

If you wish to play then please create your character, give yourself a name, gender and describe your physical appearance – you are exactly the same as you were when you were stood in that lane, including your inventory. Then please post your first action. Once 6 people have joined I will begin rolling.

*While in acclimatisation, you will be guaranteed a roll of 3,4 or 5 while learning an ability or proficiency*

Map and additional information:
Spoiler:

Currently playing (6 maximum):

Johnny Beefy (Talkal)
Charles Norris (BigKahuna)
Tom Gray (Flamelasher)
Janette (Shadowkiller)
John Smith (its_crunchtime)
MacKeever (Regnar13)
Oranen (Currently missing in-game - No player)
Artlis Flame (Dead)

Waiting List:

Rulyon

Retired:

Origin (played Oranen)
Artlis (played Artlis Flame)

Deceased:

Last edited by Daravel on Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:37 pm; edited 15 times in total

Daravel
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Roll 2 Dodge: The Facility Empty Re: Roll 2 Dodge: The Facility

Post  Talkal Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:22 pm

This can be fun! I can now write myself an ability or proficiencies? If no I'll delete them.

Name: Johnny Beefy

Abilities: None

Proficiencies: None

Effects: None

Appearance: Wearing a black shirt and brown pants. Have a big tatoo on the back that represents a dragon.

Inventory: NOne

Last edited by Talkal on Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Talkal
Talkal
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Daravel Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:42 pm

You must use a major action to learn an ability or proficiency (requires a roll of 3 or higher). While in 'acclimatisation' you have a guaranteed 3,4 or 5 to that roll.

Also, 'lockpicking' as an ability is a little specific, you should aim for something like 'Security awareness' - giving you knowledge of different security systems and the ability to break through more complex ones as you improve it.

Check out http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=31309 the Wesnoth R2D to see the types of powers people learn and how the game progresses.

Your action would read something like:

Minor: Explore the room
Major: Learn "securtiy awareness" - the ability to detect and break security systems.

Daravel
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Talkal Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:12 pm

I am watching the Wesnoth and Minecraft R2D, but I thought that we could have some basic things that are characterizing those persons.

Then my actions will be:

Minor - Explore the room
Major - Learn ''Security Awareness''

And by the way, how long will be the "acclimatisation process" take?
Talkal
Talkal
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:26 pm

Might as well join one more Wink

Name: Charles Norris (What can I say?)

Appearance: I'm in a lab coat with black pants and large spectacles. Brown hair, Green-blue eyes, and 6' 0". Clean-shaven.

Inventory: An empty beer mug, a top hat, and a syringe of antiseptic.

Major: Learn Technokinesis
Minor: Explore the Room, looking for any Details that may be Helpful.

Last edited by bigkahuna on Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Daravel Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:42 pm

You can learn any ability (as long as it isn't considered overpowered), including any 'kinesis' - so you can just call it 'technokinesis' - and have it the same as Wesfreak's from Wesnoth

You can also select an inventory (but remember, you were at the pub).

Daravel
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:52 pm

Edited.
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  XxoriginxX Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:35 pm

Daravel wrote:You can learn any ability, including any 'kinesis' - so you can just call it 'technokinesis' - and have it the same as Wesfreak's from Wesnoth

You can also select an inventory (but remember, you were at the pub).
That sells it for me.

Name- Oranen
Gender-Male
Appearance- A six-foot tall man, with a black overcoat on. Pants and shirt underneath the overcoat are also black. Shoes as well. He has scuffled brown hair, brown eyes, and black gloves on. Conveniently, he does not know what he was wearing before his capture, other than the fact that this is not it.

Major: Attempt to learn Sonokinesis (The ability to manipulate sound, such as creating a large sound wave inside someone, causing massive internal bleeding)
Minor:Look around the room, for any means of exit.
XxoriginxX
XxoriginxX
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  FLAMELASHER Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:24 pm

Name: Tom Gray

Proficiencies:

Appearance: Black jeans, black shirt and a dark gray hoodie with a black dragon on the back. Hood is up.

Inventory: £0.59, Pen

Minor: Look around
Major: Learn shadowkinesis, an ability that lets you control shadow

Last edited by FLAMELASHER on Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:18 am; edited 1 time in total
FLAMELASHER
FLAMELASHER
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Artlis Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:18 am

I shall give this a try.

Name: Artlis Flame

Appearance:I wear a very dark grey trenchcoat. I have small, thin framed, rectangular glasses. I have a single black lip ring. My hair is cut shortly and has a dull orange tone.

Inventory: A pocket watch with a golden trim with a picture of someone I no longer care about on the inside.

>Minor: Sit calmly and observe the actions of the others.
>Major: Learn how to manipulate the energy in the air.

Artlis
Player
Player

Back to top Go down

Post  Daravel Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:42 am

Flamelasher: You have to learn your proficiency (and abilities) as a major action. Look at how the other players have done it. Each turn you get 1 minor and 1 major action. You also need to post an action.

We have 5 players, I will wait until flamelasher posts their action and then start the game, regardless of whether we have a sixth for not.

Daravel
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  ShadoWKilleR Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:12 am

Name: Janette

Appearance: Russian, light blue eyes, blond hair, 23 years old, White tank top, tight jeans.

Inventory: Pepper spray. (If it's not allowed then ignore it)

Count me in.
ShadoWKilleR
ShadoWKilleR
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:43 am

Daravel - I will be gone for the weekend. Can I be neutral/a fill-in or do I have to be kicked out after this roll?
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Daravel Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:00 pm

Shadow, pepper spray is allowed. Post an action and we'll get rolling.

Kahuna, that's not a problem, I'm sure we can wait until Monday... or I can do an action for you/have you perform no action for the next roll

Daravel
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  ShadoWKilleR Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:24 pm

"Well, there's no harm in trying right?"
Learn Itemspawner, spawn a Vanilla flavored ice cream as test.

Itemspawner basically lets me spawn items, the higher the level the higher the total weight I can spawn, Max level of it should be able to spawn 35KG start... 4KG maybe?
ShadoWKilleR
ShadoWKilleR
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Daravel Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:27 pm

The only problem with that is when you try and spawn a black hole device, or whatever... Of course, such a thing would be prohibited. I just wonder if it will cause a lot of issues regarding it's balance. It will seem very artificial if on some items I just decide you can't have it as it messes up my plans.

But, if you are happy to deal with any restrictions I place on it, then, sure.. lets go for it - If it causes problems I will let you exchange it for another power.

Daravel
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  ShadoWKilleR Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:32 pm

It's ok, I wanted to get telekinesis after that and start launching anvils at enemies xD
ShadoWKilleR
ShadoWKilleR
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Daravel Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:38 pm

Ok.. We'll see how itemspawner goes... Rolling now (my first ever, so bear with me)

Daravel
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:49 pm

I would rename spawner to Mass/Energy Conversion (creating mass from energy). It's the same thing and can have reasonable, real, and scientific limits on it. "Itemspawner" sounds really forced and cheap (no offense of course).

It was used in the Wesnoth R2D and worked fine as a balanced power.
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Daravel Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:52 pm

The six of you start to come to your senses; Oranen is the fast to start talking. “Guys, what the hell is happening? Do you think we’ve been kidnapped? Some kind of freaky scientific experiment? Seriously, what is going on?” This outburst of panicked contemplation sets Janette off who seems to be on the verge of tears, she can only mumble incoherent words.

Johnny and Tom are more relaxed, they are taking the strange events in their stride, and they offer words of encouragement. “Look, I don’t know what is going on here, but we do know a bit about this place, that chip they plugged in taught us all about the powers we can learn. We should do this acclimatisation thing and then find a way to get out of here”.

This was the cue for Charles to pop out of his deep contemplation. “Yesss. I’ve been thinking, and I reckon that our best chances of survival come from picking a good range of powers that complement each other.” Artlis did not say anything; he sat watching his friends with a slightly bemused look on his face.

Johnny was the first to move from the floor, he began exploring the rest of the room. Above him hung the six red clamp devices that had held them captive, they stretched to the ceiling which was entirely black and seemingly smooth. The walls of the room were a damp grey with a curious line pattern of swirls, there was no visible exit and the only distinguishing feature were the 3 tiny but powerful light sources. The floor was covered in a dusty red carpet and contained only the six cushions that his friends were sat on. Charles followed Johnny and began a more thorough inspection of the walls but found nothing else of interest. At this point the group began to despair a little bit; Oranen didn’t even bother to look for the non-existent exit. Tom Gray lay back on his cushion, now not caring to move, he cast a lazy eye around the room and closed his eyes.

Artlis [5] sat watching his friends with the same bemused look, he seemed to be drinking in all the details and actions of everyone else; eventually he spoke. “Well, how about these powers then? I think I’d like to control the air.” He found it so easy, the acclimatisation room guided him past all the barriers, he felt it as he began to sense all the particles in the air and discovered the power to govern them.

Encouraged by Artlis’ success the others abandoned their lost hope of finding an exit. Johnny [5] went next. “If I learn to identify and defeat security systems, then I can bust us out of here!” Again, he found it so easy, the power of the room was channelled through him and he found he could feel the beating heart of the security apparatus around him. This gave Charles [3] an idea. “I’ll learn to control all forms of technology, and then I can help you once you identify the security apparatus.” Unfortunately, Charles found it harder to tap into the room’s potential and only just managed to grasp the basics of technological manipulation.

Oranen [5] had not been listening to the comprehensive strategy of his friends and instead spent his time listening intently to the noise of the room, and started to play his own sounds out loud; he soon discovered that he had learn how to control sound in all its forms. Tom [5] however had been thinking about their future survival in this ‘facility’ and opted to enhance his own defence, he played with the shadows being cast in the room and grasped the ability to move them at will and create or remove a shadow entirely Janette [4] suddenly said “screw you guys! I miss home and I want an ice-cream!” To her surprise an entire tub of it appeared on the floor in front of her, as had her ability to conjure any existent items from her memory.

The successes of the past few minutes left the group feeling buoyant and forgetful of their inability to escape from the room, they were busy planning their next batch of powers when the box descended from the ceiling once more. It came lower this time, right into the centre of the group, the woman’s face appeared again but this time it was distorted, her features were slightly different and her voice was strained. “This concludes your acclimatisation. You will now proceed to the main facility”.

The box disappeared almost as fast as it had arrived, the floor began to shake and started descending rapidly, it soon became pitch black and you all lose consciousness.
When you awake you are stood in a street, it is deserted and your first thought is that you are back home. This thought is dispelled almost instantly as out of one of the buildings a young man emerges and rapidly walks in your direction, he appears to have not seen you. You notice he is carrying an improvised bomb device and has a bag on his back, crammed with explosives.

Johnny Beefy (Male):
Wearing a black shirt and brown pants. Have a big tatoo on the back that represents a dragon.

Abilities: 'Trained' Security Awarness: Johnny can sense security systems nearby and can detect their rating (very low, low, medium, high, very high). He can also break systems rated 'low' or below
Inventory: None

Charles Norris (Male):

In a lab coat with black pants and large spectacles. Brown hair, Green-blue eyes, and 6' 0". Clean-shaven.

Abilities: 'Basic' Technokinesis: Can identify simple electronic devices. Can control simple electronic devices.
Inventory: An empty beer mug, a top hat, and a syringe of antiseptic.

Oranen (Male):
A six-foot tall man, with a black overcoat on. Pants and shirt underneath the overcoat are also black. Shoes as well. He has scuffled brown hair, brown eyes, and black gloves on. Conveniently, he does not know what he was wearing before his capture, other than the fact that this is not it.

Abilities: Trained Sonokinesis: Can generate noises in the environment. Has a heightened sense of hearing.
Proficiencies:
Effects:
Inventory:

Tom Gray (Male):
Black jeans, black shirt and a dark gray hoodie with a black dragon on the back. Hood is up.

Abilities: 'Trained' Shadowkinesis: Tom can create shadows or remove them. Tom can move shadows around
Inventory: £0.59, Pen

Artlis Flame (Male):
Wears a very dark grey trenchcoat. He has have small, thin framed, rectangular glasses and have a single black lip ring. His hair is cut shortly and has a dull orange tone.

Abilities: Trained Aerokinesis: Artlis can control air movement. Artlis can control air temeperature
Inventory: A pocket watch with a golden trim with a picture of someone I no longer care about on the inside.

Janette (Female):
Russian, light blue eyes, blond hair, 23 years old, White tank top, tight jeans.

Abilities: 'Basic' Mass/Energy Conversion: Janette can create/destroy objects up to 4KG in mass
Inventory: Pepper spray. (If it's not allowed then ignore it)

Spoiler:

Daravel
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  FLAMELASHER Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:58 pm

Can I use shadows as weapons? If so, I form a blade from shadow and hold it to the guy's throat (A). If not, I try to get that ability (B).

If I use:

A - Yawn lazily "What are you doing with that bomb?"
B - Say: "You deal with the guy, I'm upgrading."

FLAMELASHER
FLAMELASHER
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Daravel Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:06 pm

I'm posting the spoilered bit at the end of the roll in case people miss it:

What do you think of the roll style? Too much narration? Is the dialogue good enough? Remember, you all had the 'same' actions this roll, it will be more varied in future.
You can put things to say (not counted as an action) to shape your character and give me something to base your interaction on. I have given you all the rudiments of characterization to begin with)

As for shadows, I can't really see you could form a blade of shadows (that includes learning an ability to do so). While you can learn almost any power you wish, you can't do fantastical actions involving that power that makes no sense. I would consider you power to be more about stealth deception.

Daravel
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  FLAMELASHER Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:08 pm

Can I blind people? (Like forming really thick shadows in their eyes?)
FLAMELASHER
FLAMELASHER
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Daravel Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:13 pm

maybe, it would require a 5 at this stage - and would depend on the circumstances and difficulty, enhancing the ability will reduce the realtive difficulty of the task. As shadows merely mean that that specific area is recieving less light than the area next to it, to make it recieve no light at all would be the top end of the ability.

Daravel
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  FLAMELASHER Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:16 pm

Can I learn to form shadows into blades as an ability?
FLAMELASHER
FLAMELASHER
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 15 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next