Novalia Roll 2 Dodge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

D10 Roll 2 Dodge - Fall Of The West

+4
Shakenspear
PeterPorty
ShadoWKilleR
FLAMELASHER
8 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

D10 Roll 2 Dodge - Fall Of The West Empty D10 Roll 2 Dodge - Fall Of The West

Post  FLAMELASHER Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:55 pm

I'm making a new R2D set in the 22nd Century. More details at www.2104-rp.weebly.com

You start as a Rear Admiral in the UWC Navy. First four get 5 Frigates they can name, last two get 5 fast assault ships they can name.

---

"Admirals. I have called you all here today to tell you some tragic news. We are at war with the Alliance of the East." said High Admiral Wisdom. "To survive, we will need superior strategies. Even with that, we will struggle. But we will win! Because we aren't fighting for resources. We are fighting for our lives. We are fighting for our people's lives. We are fighting for freedom!"

"Targets detected. Estimated 52 Frigates and 1 Supercarrier." says a mechanical female voice.

"Shit!" you hear the High Admiral curse: "Battle stations!"

Last edited by FLAMELASHER on Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:39 pm; edited 3 times in total
FLAMELASHER
FLAMELASHER
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

D10 Roll 2 Dodge - Fall Of The West Empty Re: D10 Roll 2 Dodge - Fall Of The West

Post  ShadoWKilleR Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:33 pm

I want in, but I am torn between being a female or a male...

What are the naming rules (if there are any) to name our characters?
Do we get to select special skill sets?
What are the control mechanics for the game? I mean by that these questions, How to control the ships? shielding and evading works how?
Do we get a crude map so we could actually get some maneuvering done WITHOUT being totally blind to our current location?

The map could even just be a white square with Icons to represent the ship by it's class, perhaps even include it's current direction by adding a line in front of it.
ShadoWKilleR
ShadoWKilleR
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

D10 Roll 2 Dodge - Fall Of The West Empty Re: D10 Roll 2 Dodge - Fall Of The West

Post  PeterPorty Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:26 am

I'll join, but I'll wait for 3 people to join before I do.
PeterPorty
PeterPorty
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  FLAMELASHER Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:49 am

@PeterPorty

Why?

@ShadoWKilleR

You just say: Order Ship X to fire on Ship V

There are no shields, and evasion is rolled.
FLAMELASHER
FLAMELASHER
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  ShadoWKilleR Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:37 am

Oh, I'll be joining then.

Geoff Lee will be the name.

Geoff is read as Jeff.
ShadoWKilleR
ShadoWKilleR
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterPorty Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:04 pm

FLAMELASHER; I want to get fast assault ships; I've always been a guy who has liked fast attacks much more than front strikes, even if IRL I'm much more strong than fast. Therefore, I want my assault ships instead of frigates, even if frigates are much stronger.
PeterPorty
PeterPorty
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  ShadoWKilleR Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:51 pm

You could have just asked for it, I'm sure he will have no qualms about it.
(consider yourself in the game btw)
ShadoWKilleR
ShadoWKilleR
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterPorty Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:06 pm

Ok then, my character name's Kate Moss, and my ships are Umbra, Requiem, Anima, Flux and Passion.

Last edited by PeterPorty on Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
PeterPorty
PeterPorty
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  ShadoWKilleR Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:42 am

Hotel-16, Hotel-17, Sigma-26, Sigma-27 and Sigma-28.

Named for helping me conveniently remember which are for my flanking and which are not Razz
ShadoWKilleR
ShadoWKilleR
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  FLAMELASHER Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:03 pm

I'll start now. Any more players will just be delayed on their way to their flagship or something.

As you reach your ships you see High Admiral Wisdom has already taken control of 20 Frigates and his supercarrier flagship, Leviathan. Fiery trails shoot through the sky, and frigates begin falling, alight with deadly fire. Fighter Ships shoot through the trails of supersonic kinetics and long missiles, dodging guided 'Arrowhead' missiles.

FLEET BATTLE

UWC Fleet

14 Frigates under High Admiral Wisdom
1 Supercruiser under High Admiral Wisdom
5 Frigates under Admiral Lee
5 FAS under Admiral Moss

vs

AOTE Battlegroup B

46 Frigates under ?
1 Supercarrier under ?

As your ships launch, 9 enemy Frigates attack. They have superior weapons and armour. You Tactical Computer makes several suggestions:

A: Target their weapons.
B: Target their engines.
C: Scatter and attack from different angles.

However, Tactical Computers never had the ingenuity of the human brain.

Admiral Lee

Your 5 ships have a Mass Driver Cannon capable of huge damage, but with low fire rate and 250 'Arrowhead' Missiles, in addition to a Mini-Nuke.

Admiral Moss

Your 5 ships are faster than Admiral Lee's, but have only 175 'Arrowhead' Missiles and less Mass Driver Cannon chargers. However, you carry several Sanguin-Jones Bombers.
FLAMELASHER
FLAMELASHER
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  ShadoWKilleR Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:46 pm

Hotel-16 and Hotel-17, fire your main canons at the weapons.
Sigma-26, Sigma-27 and Sigma 28 fire main canons and go above.

If I can fire some missiles as well then replace the sigma group with this:
fire main canons at the weapons systems and fire guided missiles in an arch into the sides of the enemy vessels.

And like I asked before, can we get a crude map? White BG with icons (or even dots) on it to represent locations and direction, that's all I'm asking for Razz
ShadoWKilleR
ShadoWKilleR
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterPorty Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:59 pm

Umbra: rush zig-zagging through the enemy ships to get behind their lines, distracting whatever ships manage to actually rotate the cannons and shooting at the key places of the engines of the ones that don't with the arrowhead missiles.

Flux and Passion: Go right, shooting accurately at the enemy's fast-shooting weaponry, rather than the strong cannons with the main weaponry.

Requiem; Anima: go left, trying to go away from the enemy ships (to lure them towards whatever can be found; islands, big rocks, whatever) while shooting towards their direction controls using the basic cannons.
PeterPorty
PeterPorty
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  FLAMELASHER Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:05 pm

D10 Roll 2 Dodge - Fall Of The West Round110

Red is enemy. Light green is PeterPorty's forces. Dark green is ShadoWKilleR's forces. Black is launch station walls.

@Shadow

Each ship can fire ONE system and move, fire TWO systems but stay still or launch jets and fire ONE system.

@Peter

You're in flying ships.
FLAMELASHER
FLAMELASHER
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterPorty Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:16 pm

*FACEPALM* Alright then, try to lead them to... whatever I can find up there, probably man-built structures.
PeterPorty
PeterPorty
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  ShadoWKilleR Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:45 pm

K then, new actions:
Sigma-26, Sigma-27 and Sigma 28, fire main canons at the weapons and arch missiles onto the top of the enemy ships.
Hotel-16 and Hotel-17, fire main canons and go above.

Topside should be least protected as airships normally get shot from either ground forces from below or from other airships front and sides.

think navy battles+spaceship battles logic.

edit: Which jets?
ShadoWKilleR
ShadoWKilleR
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  FLAMELASHER Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:57 pm

Your ships are in a sky harbor, so you'll find something... If you roll well.

Shadow:

Hotel-16: (6) H-16 fires it's MDC and hits an enemy ship, crumpling it's armour.

Hotel-17: (2) H-17 tries to fire but the crew didn't load the cannon. At least they remembered to move.

Sigma-26:(4) S-26 fires, narrowly missing.

Sigma-27:(6) S-27 fires, hitting the enemy ship's launch bays and weapon rooms.

Sigma-28: (6) S-28 follows S-27 and severely damages an enemy's ships armour at the top as well as temporarily disabling a ship's MDC.

DAMAGE REPORT:E1, E2 and E3 fine. E4 unable to reload. E5 unable to fire MDC for 3 turns. E6 has weakened armour. E7, E8 and E9 fine.

Peter:

Umbra - (8) Umbra wriggles through the ships, blasting E9's engines.

Flux - (7) Flux destroys E9's Archer Pods.

Passion - (5) Passion disables half of E8's Archer Pods.

Requiem - (4) Requiem manages to get E2 and E4 to turn to target it.

Anima - (1) Anima's crew forgot to activate it's jet, so it begins crawling slowly, gaining E9 and E8's attention.

DAMAGE REPORT:E1, E2 and E3 fine. E4 unable to reload. E5 unable to fire MDC for 3 turns and has weakened armour. E6 has weakened armour. E7 is fine. E8 has 50% of it's Archer pods destroyed. E9 has no Archer Pods and no engines.

Enemy

E1: (5) Fires at Sigma-26, (Dodge-9) but misses as it activates it's emergency thrusters.

E2: (1) Targets Requiem, but it's MDC backfires and explodes.

E3: (2) Fires it's MDC at Anima, but misses and hits E7.

E4: (2) Fires 'Arrowhead' Missiles at Requiem but they hit E5's missiles.

E5: (4) Launches missiles at Hotel-17 but they get hit by E4's missiles.

E6: (3) Fires at Sigma-27 but misses.

E7: (10) Fires at Hotel-17 (Dodge-9), devastating it's armour. (Woulda gutted it but it got a good dodge)

E8: (1) Tries to fire it's remaining Archer pods, but the crew fail and they explode.

E9: (8) Fires it's MDC at Hotel-16, (Dodge-7), crumpling it'd armour.

DAMAGE REPORT: Hotel-17 had broken armour. Hotel-16 has damaged armor. E1 is fine. E2 has no armor. E3 is fine. E4 unable to reload. E5 unable to fire MDC for 3 turns. E6 has weakened armour. E7 has battered armor. E8 has 5no Archer pods destroyed. E9 has no Archer Pods and no engines.
FLAMELASHER
FLAMELASHER
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  FLAMELASHER Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:17 pm

Peter has some jets on board his ships. You might get some later.
FLAMELASHER
FLAMELASHER
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterPorty Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:07 pm

Well, I was lucky as hell. Anyways;

Requiem: keep getting away, always concentrating on evading the enemy's shots, but also shooting at their direction controllers whenever possible.

Anima: Wait for as long as possible, getting ready to rush as fast as possible, and start the engine as soon as the enemies are about to shoot, therefore rendering them open for several seconds (I hope) so the frigates can attack them.

Umbra: Finish off E9, getting whatever possible form the ship, be it weaponry, goods or even prisoners.

Flux: Shoot E2's weaponry while avoiding enemy's shots.

Passion: Fly around as fast as possible, without a direction, but as a distraction, attempting to shoot at the enemies' engines.
PeterPorty
PeterPorty
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  ShadoWKilleR Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:26 am

Hotel-16: Fire main canons at E1 and launch "arrowhead" missiles at E6
Hotel-17: Fire main canons at E1 and launch "arrowhead" missiles at E3
Sigma-26: Fire main canons at E3 and launch "arrowhead" missiles at E5
Sigma-27: Fire main canons at E6 and launch "arrowhead" missiles at E7
Sigma-28: Fire main canons at E5 and launch "arrowhead" missiles at E2

If all goes well, E8 will survive and so will E7 but with major damage.
ShadoWKilleR
ShadoWKilleR
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterPorty Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:39 am

Considering both your Hotel ships are damaged, not moving them at all might be.... risky.
PeterPorty
PeterPorty
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Shakenspear Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:39 am

i'd like to join btw what are frigates =/

Shakenspear
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  FLAMELASHER Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:44 am

Heavy ships.

I'll roll now.
FLAMELASHER
FLAMELASHER
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Rulyon Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:51 am

I would like to join if a new player will be accepted. This would be my first game.

My character's name would be Connor McFarlene.

Frigates would be named:
Requiem Sonata
Solace
Vigilance
Custer's Folley
Galahad's Redeemption

I see you're online, Flame. Typing orders now if I'm accepted.

Edit: I'll wait to see the results of these rolls.

Edit 2: <sigh> I saw my "original" name was in use in a thread title. Change it.
Rulyon
Rulyon
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  FLAMELASHER Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:23 am

Shakenspear, I need a name and your ship's names before you can join.

Pre-battle damage report: Hotel-17 had broken armour. Hotel-16 has damaged armor. E1 is fine. E2 has no armor. E3 is fine. E4 unable to reload. E5 unable to fire MDC for 3 turns. E6 has weakened armour. E7 has battered armor. E8 has 5 no Archer pods destroyed. E9 has no Archer Pods and no engines.

Peter:

Requiem - (2): Requiem accidentally uses it's emergency thrusters, and it (Dodge Roll - crashes into the station walls.

Anima - (9) Umbra shoots forward at just the right time, and one MDC shot bounces off the wall, hitting (Dodge Roll - 2) E2 and causing it to explode as it's reactor goes critical.

Umbra - (2) Umbra flies toward E9, but it fires and (Dodge Roll - 10) hits E7 as Umbra dodges, causing it to fall from the sky.

Flux - (N/A) E2 is destroyed.

Passion - (9) Passion shoots round the battlefield, and blows up E5's engines.

DAMAGE REPORT: Hotel-17 has broken armour. Hotel-16 has damaged armor. E1 is fine. E2 is destroyed. E3 is fine. E4 unable to reload. E5 has no engines and is unable to fire MDC for 2 turns. E6 has weakened armour. E7 is destroyed. E8 has no Archer pods left. E9 has no Archer Pods and no engines.

Shadow:

Hotel-16 - (1) The crew rush to fire, but the 'Arrowhead' missiles are dropped and the MDC hits (Dodge Roll - 2) Flux, ripping off it's lower armour and MDC.

Hotel-17 - (9) A shot strikes E1, and the MDC is destroyed along with the rear armour.

Sigma-26 - (2) The crew forgot to keep missiles nearby and the MDC's cooling vent is damaged, so nothing happens.

Sigma-27 - (1) Sigma-26 unleashes it's payload, but it misses and hits (Dodge Roll - 6) Hotel-16 lightly, destroying 20% of it's Archer Pods.

Sigma-28 - (5) The 'Arrowhead' Missiles all miss, but the MDC hits E5, disabling the left side armour and Archer Pods.

Hotel-17 had broken armour. Hotel-16 has damaged armor and 20% Archer Pods missing. Flux has no rear armor and no MDC. E1 has no MDC or rear armour. E2 is destroyed. E3 is fine. E4 unable to reload. E5 has no left armour, no left archer pods, no engines, and is unable to fire MDC for 2 turns. E6 has weakened armour. E7 is destroyed. E8 has no Archer pods. E9 has no Archer Pods and no engines.

E1 - (2) E1 tried to fire the MDC but it is too badly damaged.

E2 - DESTROYED

E3 - (4) E3 fires, (Dodge Roll - 1), and tears through near Hotel-17's reactor.

E4 - (6) E4 notices it cannot do anything and flies away. GONE.

E5 - (6) E5 tilts and fires it's right archer pods at Anima, smashing the reinforced bridge window.

E6 - (9) E6 fires at Sigma-27, (Dodge Roll - 10), but it weaves under the shot and rams through E6's battered armour. DESTROYED

E7 - DESTROYED

E8 - (4) E8 fires it's MDC at Sigma-27, (Dodge Roll - 3), destroying it's MDC.

E9 - (N/A) E9's crew evacuates in fear. UNMANNED.

END BATTLE DAMAGE REPORT: Hotel-17 had broken armour and cannot power engines or MDC more than 20% due to a dam,aged reactor. Hotel-16 has damaged armor and 20% Archer Pods missing. Flux has no rear armor and no MDC. Sigma-27 has no MDC. E1 has no MDC or rear armour.E2 is destroyed. E3 is fine. E4 unable to reload. E5 has no left armour, no left archer pods, no engines, and is unable to fire MDC for 2 turns. E6 is destroyed. E7 is destroyed. E8 has no Archer pods. E9 is unmanned.

THE SURVIVORS HAVE SURRENDERED. THE REMAINING SHIPS ARE YOURS FOR THE TAKING.

Admiral McFarlene and his ships fly onto the battlefield.

"What'd I miss?"
FLAMELASHER
FLAMELASHER
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Rulyon Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:42 am

After reviewing available data about the previous skirmish, I order my fleet to interpose themselves between Lee's and Moss's fleets and the enemy force, hopefully providing some semblance of cover and buying them a little more time for repairs before the next skirmish begins.

Move Action: Entire Fleet follows performs maneuvers as ordered.

If possible:

Sonata sends a crew over to Hotel-17 to assist in repairing the damaged reactor.

Vigilance sends a crew to assist in repairing Flux's Mass Driver Cannon

Last edited by Rulyon on Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:09 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Edited for proper formatting.)
Rulyon
Rulyon
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next