Novalia Roll 2 Dodge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roll 2 Dodge: Prismpunk

+8
Dragonchampion
ShadoWKilleR
creonto
Wesfreak
XxoriginxX
JackBarber
Bigkahuna
Zerovirus
12 posters

Page 20 of 37 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 28 ... 37  Next

Go down

Roll 2 Dodge: Prismpunk - Page 20 Empty Re: Roll 2 Dodge: Prismpunk

Post  Wesfreak Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:22 pm

I know it's a long shot, but I think it's worth trying anyway.
Wesfreak
Wesfreak
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:32 pm

IMO, that's too much of a long shot. I say that we agree to his demands, ask about the gauntlets, and go with Tiven under his protection. The mages (apparently) respect and fear Tiven too much to harm us.

This has less inherent risk to the storyline (we'll have an eye on Tiven the whole time), and less inherent harm to ourselves. The mages will have to agree with Tiven's demands or risk him not coming at all.

By the way, just got the "These are not the gloves you are looking for" quote Laughing

EDIT: Changing my action accordingly to the above.
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  johnratchet3 Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:31 am

I find his interest in the 'artifacts' (are we sure this means the gauntlets? :S) to be valuing them far beyond what they seem capable of. There must be something special about them, probably not combat related, as far simpler options for power are available, so in some other way it is... special? Perhaps they are the key to something, use a unique technological system, and all this is making me wish that we don't have to give them up. On the other hand, the inkheart might be able to provide us with information, and of course, the storyline..

Vote yes. Show some respect towards the inkheart in speech. Its conversing seems mature, and highly logical/straightforward.

My combat actions, if needed, are on the last roll actions. Will dig them up again tomorrow if they are required.
johnratchet3
johnratchet3
Experienced Player
Experienced Player

Back to top Go down

Post  JackBarber Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:38 am

Give a piercing gaze into the Inkheart's eye, humming curiously and somewhat dis-approvingly.
Ask the Inkheart "Why exactly are these gauntlets so important to you...?".
Ask about the corrupted runes I memorized from the scrolls and perhaps ask what corrections might need to be made to them.
(If we go into combat pretty much keep the same action as last.)

Meh... My Vote is a Yes... and I highly doubt the whole "Oh we don't REALLY have those gauntlets, you are just imagining things" will work AT ALL, because as bigkahuna said, he ALREADY sensed them on us.
JackBarber
JackBarber
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:20 am

Waiting on Shadowkiller.
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  ShadoWKilleR Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:44 am

Long school today, sorry.

Actually bigkahuna, I wanted to go with Tiven when I saw "You can bring other people blah blah" and I wanted to create a gentle character for once, and not be so.. Rage-y as I usually am.

Vote - YES

It seems that he's not going to fight us
Join the group and holster the sniper rifle
"Sorry for the headshot haha..."

Holstering it means swinging it over my back. It has a strap right?
ShadoWKilleR
ShadoWKilleR
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:46 am

Ready to Roll.

Remember to issue in 8680 (Kal Vadrien), implement my Telesymbol Network, update everyone's HP, etc.

Our Collective Answer: YES

SUGGESTION FROM BIGKAHUNA + SHADOWKILLER: Suggest Tiven to go with the mage to learn about his father, and then also suggest him to tell the mage that he will bring all of us under his protection to learn about his father, since the mage respects Tiven so much and insisted that he could bring guests.

Wesfreak wrote:"We may be but travelling blades, but it is bellow us to rob from the dead. We gave the bandit leader a proper burial without touching his equipment."

Ask why the mage wants the greaves if he sees past the ruse.

Bigkahuna wrote:Wait til Wesfreak tries his final Gambitâ„¢. Then ask the mage why he wants the equipment, and hand it to him at the same time Oranen is let free. Make sure Oranen is healed and safely brought back to our group, also taking the tele-symbol.

Ask Matilbeth and Netatiano what in the world their accusations meant, ask about Alchione, and forgive Netatiano for the moment and ask him if he can teach me Concept Magic now that I actually have a chance to put myself under his apprenticeship.

Johnratchet3 wrote:Show some respect towards the inkheart in speech. Its conversing seems mature, and highly logical/straightforward.

JackBarber wrote:Give a piercing gaze into the Inkheart's eye, humming curiously and somewhat dis-approvingly.
Ask about the corrupted runes I memorized from the scrolls and perhaps ask what corrections might need to be made to them.

Shadowkiller wrote:Join the group and holster the sniper rifle.
"Sorry for the headshot haha..."
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Zerovirus Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:33 pm

Johnratchet3:
Show some respect towards the inkheart in speech. Its conversing seems mature, and highly logical/straightforward.

JackBarber:
Give a piercing gaze into the Inkheart's eye, humming curiously and somewhat dis-approvingly.

The two of you incline your heads towards the creature, for altogether different purposes and opinions. It, as usual, completely ignores this newfound attention from two 'mere mortals'.

Shadowkiller:
Join the group and holster the sniper rifle.

"So we will not be slaying this creature?"

Mark shakes his head. "He has some good points to make, and I don't quite think we were as justified as we thought. Maybe you should listen, too?"

Wesfreak:
"We may be but travelling blades, but it is bellow us to rob from the dead. We gave the bandit leader a proper burial without touching his equipment."

"Your words are so convincing, and the promise of another intrigue unfolding is ever so tempting. If only you weren't lying."

"I'm-"

"You never found the body, did you? A foolish oversight. Wise killers know that in their act they must be thorough, and you certainly were not. Torly Sarmo returned to us alive and reported on you- and so we knew that it was you who committed the unprecipitated deed."

"Torly... Sarmo? That the bandit guy's name?"

"By the by, that same bandit leader has sworn vengeance on you after we equipped him with an eyepatch, some clothes, and new prosthetics to replace his limbs damaged and twisted by the torsion of his metal equipment. He's quite irritating in all honesty with the fervent bluster he keeps spouting- but he does seem rather... Focused."

"That's great to know. Why are you telling us this?"

"Consider it a goodwill gift of intelligence. Perhaps we can open more cordial states of communication once you return the equipment?"

You look towards Jonathan, who seems to be grudgingly unpacking his cloths and wrappings to retrieve the mangled items.

Wesfreak:
Ask why the mage wants the greaves if he sees past the ruse.

Bigkahuna:
Then ask the mage why he wants the equipment, and hand it to him at the same time Oranen is let free. Make sure Oranen is healed and safely brought back to our group, also taking the tele-symbol.

JackBarber:

The three of you let loose with the same questions all at once, as Netiatono retracts his blades from the Inkheart's body. The Inkheart, true to his word, allows his crystal prison to fall into dust, and Oranen is caught by Alchione and Matilbeth who together begin administering potions and draughts.

You all still feel a bit suspicious of Matilbeth, but you have the good sense to avert your gaze. She and her daughter are busy tending to an unconscious Oranen.

The horde of reanimated fall down once more- and now that their clamoring masses are returned as but corpses, you notice for the first time how truly alone you are. Everyone is dead or fled but you, leaving only your group, Tiven, Alchione, Netiatono, and Matilbeth, as well as the Inkheart as an obvious matter.

...Wait, where's Sanja? As you are about to ask, the Inkheart, having upheld its end of the bargain, knots itself ino a digitigrade form and cuts into your words with a response of its own.

"Perhaps we of our group simply have a sense of martial honor and pride? Is it wrong to redress a grievance through honorable combat?"

"Well, besides whether it was honorable or not, you-"

"Tsk tsk. You mortals must learn to respect another party's secrets, if you ever wish to accomplish anything through diplomacy. Or do you prefer that we fight this out with blood and blade?"

"...Okay, we got the hint. We'll stop asking."

Wesfreak:
Ask Matilbeth and Netatiano what in the world their accusations meant, ask about Alchione, and forgive Netatiano for the moment and ask him if he can teach me Concept Magic now that I actually have a chance to put myself under his apprenticeship.

You walk carefully over to Matilbeth, being sure to avoid stepping on any of the stray glass shards.

"Mrs. Matilbeth? What that thing said was all lies, I'm sure, but..."

The old mother looks at you almost sadly.

"You don't mean to say that you believe the thing's words?"

"Uh... Were there any truths in the thing's words?"

She fixes you with a strong, steely glance, without blinking, dropping Oranen's arm in her focus so that Alchione, staggering, supports your friend all on her lonesome-

"It was all lies."

Netiatono now shows up next to you. "I'll second that statement. Marya has never done such a thing, as far as I know- and I've known her and Alchione a good long time."

"About that- what about you?"

"Ah, of course. Obviously, you wouldn't trust my testimony, either, since I was also indicted, no?" He strokes his goatee. "The Inkheart did tell you that whatever we were doing, we weren't even trying to hide it. If that's so, why don't you go find out for yourself?"

"Or I could just ask you and figure out now-"

"...Perhaps you need to learn a lesson on respecting the secrets of other clans, as the Inkheart has said. Cease your provocative questioning."

"I- I didn't mean to offend, Master Vie. I still have some interest in learning from you, and now that the issues have been resolved I find myself with further opportunities in the form of time-"

"We'll see when we arrive at a Tower of the Red Gaze. Perhaps I will reserve one of the meditation chambers for teaching purposes, but I will not promise you more than that."

Your requests not quite refuted but not quite accepted, you turn to listen as Jonathan and Allene begin conversing with Tiven.

Bigkahuna/Shadowkiller: Suggest Tiven to go with the mage to learn about his father, and then also suggest him to tell the mage that he will bring all of us under his protection to learn about his father, since the mage respects Tiven so much and insisted that he could bring guests.

Tiven shrugs after you make your statement. "I suppose you're right- and really I don't trust this guy. He's creepy, if nothing else..."

But his reticence leaves something lacking in his words. "Is there something wrong, Tiven?"

"...I don't know. It's just that, well, when my father left all this stuff happened- and now I find myself fighting crazy monster things and being chased by spiders, and it's just... Well, I get the feeling that I'll never be able to go back to my old life even if I find my father. There's crazy secret cults running around, and it's all overwhelming."

Allene nods. "I understand the feeling. Don't worry, though- you'll have us to help if trouble ever rises."

"Yeah, that's right- I'm not alone. I have you and Alchione!"

You and Alchione? Looks like the kid's got a crush on someone. Whatever. Let the lad do what he wants, you think. It's really not your business at all.

JackBarber:

Netiatono Vie shrugs. "I'm no Material Mage. Roltam would definitely know what was wrong at a glance, though, but he isn't here."

The Inkheart but laughs. "What more do you ask for, that you wish for repair to your illicit wares? The runes are ruined and discardable, and that is all I believe you need to know. Perhaps you should abandon the hoarding mindset of an adventurer? It may do you good in a long run."

Shadowkiller:
"Sorry for the headshot haha...".

"Yes, I do feel sorry for whoever my host was."

"...Wait, the guy was alive- YOU weren't controlling-"

"It is but a host after all- a mortal, like you. Hardly worthy of attention."

"That's... I don't even have words."

You turn around, feeling slightly sick, as you see Netiatono working some sort of magic with his cloak, its form expanding further and further until it folds in on itself to form a balloon...

------

As a gigantic blimp of patchwork colors rises above the ground, its insides powered by Netiatono Vie's magical heat cycling through the air, carrying all the survivors of the encounter, it finds itself watched by more eyes than they know.

From a faraway tower, windows covered in dark canvas, a crystal sphere projects into the air both a moving picture of the airborne vehicle and a certain female Raitalan sergeant.

"Sergeant Aseiju. You mean to inform me that this creature slaughtered an entire troop of soldiers and caused untold collateral damage to one of our towns, and that it has been allowed to escape on this... Vehicle?"

"Sir, with all respect, I couldn't stop them- and once the fighting words turned to diplomacy I knew that I couldn't do anything. It was all I could do to find myself a communications crystal on one of the soldiers' bodies."

"So you came to me. At this point, I can do nothing either- but what do you think?"

"What, sir?"

"What do you think about the nature of their new group? Have the men riding on your caravan defected towards this unknown insurgent's cause? Or are they unwilling hostages of this monster?"

"...It's entirely possible that it's not quite as cut-and-dried as that. Sir."

"Your words are duly noted, Sergeant. If only we had aerial troops to spare in pursuit and espionage. Sergeant, you are dismissed."

"Yes sir, General Sholo Nabite."

One of the two pictures fade into darkness, leaving only a picture of the gaudily colored zeppelin as it lazily rises above a low-flying cloud layer.

------

A resolute spire stands on the horizon, its silhouette studded with spikes, each glowing with a softly blinking red light.

"Each of those spikes are a single meditation chamber." Netiatono stares at the tower. "I never thought I'd ever return to one of these."

"Master Vie? You've been to a Tower of the Red Gaze before?"

"It was on something of a diplomatic event. We were rather rudely expelled in a fashion culminating in a magical battle inside the first courtyard ring. Perhaps it'd be best if I omitted the details."

Steven shrugs and ends his line of questioning, instead turning to Jonathan.

"...You think we'll be fine? Crossing into Vosalsvrax this way... It's illegal, after all."

"I wouldn't worry about that. We flew above the cloud layer, nobody should have spotted us. Besides, we were going to do something illegal sooner or later."

As the ship cut through the air and arrived at the Tower's aeroplatform, the Inkheart having implanted itself in the corpse of a generic fallen soldier, instead of the clean landing area they expected-

Instead, a man, seemingly from Pallatir based on his clothing, wields a steel glaive against-

Is that a gigantic mantis with razor-sharp claws?

"...It seems we've arrived in more trouble. Dread Mantis are found in Arsene, not Vosalsvrax- so where are the-"

PSSSSSSSSHHWOOP

"...Aerial Hornet Cavalry. Oh. There they are. It seems we've arrived in the middle, unfortunately, of yet another Arsene airraid, so I think we should probably DUCK!"

A wave of needles, each the length of your foot and easily a centimeter in diameter, pierce through the outer coverings of the balloon, creating even more holes in the fragile patchwork. Netiatono seems rather peeved.

"Stop shooting my cloak!"

His words are met by another volley of stingers.

"Okay, next plan. You all jump off and I'll retract my cloak, and then we'll kill some bugs. Sound nice? Well, whatever, you don't get the choice anyways- Inkheart, you get to protect Oranen, make sure he doesn't get killed-"

The entire balloon is sucked in, like a cloth maelstrom, into Netiatono's back. You, caught off-guard, fall the entire two feet to land on the aeroplatform-

Tiven and Alchione have already landed, and Matilbeth, instead of landing, has taken to the air with that peculiar fluffy seed of hers.

The Inkheart and Oranen are nowhere to be seen, and as you each prepare your weapons you take note of the surroundings. You stand atop a steel platform topped with black scorched cinderstones, a circular landing pad easily eighty feet in diameter with no guardrails to speak of, with three readily accessible exits in the form of crimson energy bridges reminiscent of the design of the Laserwalk. Between you and the bridges are four large mantises, augmented with luxtech in a peculiar way, their claws honed sharp. You distinctly notice that there seem to be shoulder-mounted weaponry of an unknown variety, and you wonder if the reflective enamel of the insects' natural carapace might not mitigate some of the power of your weapons.

Above you, swarms of hornets, each the size of a horse and matched with a rider, sweep around and occasionally divebomb the ground far beneath the top landing pads, so far below that you cannot see anything clearly without some sort of telescope. The hornets seem to be armed with grenades consisting of a hive of tamed bees. As if they hadn't made the theme clear enough- flying bees that shot hives of even MORE dark-damned flying bees.

Far, far in the sky, you can see a gigantic... Mothership? Whatever it is, the huge thing is dropping mantises onto the Tower with a zealous fervor.

Tiven and Alchione have already leapt into combat besides the glaive-wielding Pallatian, who calls back at you.

"Hey there, Name's Kal Vadrien, and I could REALLY use some help here!"

Two of the mantises likewise notice your group and begin moving towards you, as you see more and more mantises passing over the energy bridges.

As the sun sets on another eventful day, you take note of your current situation. How do you confront these fearsome insectoid menaces?
Player Status:

DM's note:
Zerovirus
Zerovirus
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

http://forums.wesnoth.org

Back to top Go down

Post  8680 Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:10 pm

Do I know any runes? Seems like I should, but it might be overpowered to start off with them. Also, did I learn if the giant insects have any weaknesses while I was in Arsene? If they're naturally occurring I might have previously encountered one.
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Wesfreak Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:46 pm

Firstly, I'd like to congratulate you on picking almost exactly what I would have had my character do for my second action. Thanks.

Also, next time we travel from one place that has possible provisions to one that doesn't, have my character buy/grab 20 ft of rope if it's available. I predict rope will end up useful, somehow.

Speaking of rope: Shouldn't the time that I lassoed the bandit bosses hand with spider silk, held on for the ride while he flew and pulled his hand down so that the recursive power loop (can't remember what it's called) started at his crotch rather than wherever he intended, thus blowing both of us out of the sky count as something awesome enough to gain a soul point?

Get out my spider silk. While Kal Vedrian fights the mantises, sneak around behind them and jump onto the back of the most distracted mantis, (the part where the wings meet the body look like a possible place to sit) looping the spider silk over it's head (but above the arms and blade-y parts) so that I can stay on better. Move one end of the silk to my left hand, so that one hand holds both ends of the silk, leaving my other arm free. Use my other arm to grab onto the shoulder-mounted weapon, trying to aim it so that it points to the other mantises, or at least not at my allies.

I choose to take the hint that they're resistant/immune to our weapons.

Do praying mantises even have shoulders?
Wesfreak
Wesfreak
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Zerovirus Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:06 pm

8680 wrote:Do I know any runes? Seems like I should, but it might be overpowered to start off with them. Also, did I learn if the giant insects have any weaknesses while I was in Arsene? If they're naturally occurring I might have previously encountered one.

The Dread Mantis used in military matters has its armor reinforced with magic and its claws sharpened. It is also converted into a biological golem, obeying commands from military leaders. The Arsene Military, like any good military, keeps its weakpoints a secret, and you've never had the pleasure of fighting one until you were snapped out of a nap in one of the meditation chambers by this aerial bombardment.

@Wesfreak: I think I incorporated that factor into your SP so I probably forgot something else?

Last edited by Zerovirus on Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zerovirus
Zerovirus
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Wesfreak Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:10 pm

Anyone else planning on cutting off their blade-things to use as weapons (or tools) for later?
Wesfreak
Wesfreak
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  JackBarber Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:13 pm

I had the idea that Concept magic didn't even use runes... =/
*Sigh* And since the runes I have memorized are corrupted and could kill me with repeated use...

Use the water scroll to wet the ground around the mantis' feet, Use the lightning scroll on the water.
Throw a stone towards it's shoulder mounted weapon attempting to jam the machinery.
Go ahead and 'Activate' my mineral skin.
Fortify some cinderblocks, as well as "Thor's" Hammer.

If the battle ends loot corpses of the dead, Hornets, Mantis' and Riders alike.

Last edited by JackBarber on Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:44 am; edited 3 times in total
JackBarber
JackBarber
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Zerovirus Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:16 pm

Well you've only used the aeromantic runes like what, two times? You'll be fine.

@Wesfreak: That's a pretty cool idea. I'd definitely support making armor and weapons out of the reflective shells later.

Last edited by Zerovirus on Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zerovirus
Zerovirus
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  JackBarber Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:28 pm

Zerovirus wrote:Well you've only used the aeromantic runes like what, two times? You'll be fine.
Exactly! That's a whole two times, you didn't specify how many times I'd have to use them for something serious to happen!

Also, I do believe I deserve awesome points for...
Zerovirus wrote:You shrug, and take another sip of your rum, wishing the kid the best of health.

I kinda just now realized that I have horrible/medium luck in R2Ds...
JackBarber
JackBarber
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Zerovirus Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:31 pm

JackBarber wrote:
Zerovirus wrote:Well you've only used the aeromantic runes like what, two times? You'll be fine.
Exactly! That's a whole two times, you didn't specify how many times I'd have to use them for something serious to happen!

Also, I do believe I deserve awesome points for...
Zerovirus wrote:You shrug, and take another sip of your rum, wishing the kid the best of health.

I kinda just now realized that I have horrible/medium luck in R2Ds...

Eh.. That's not a soul-changing experience. Generally, awesome points are for combat awesome, not roleplaying awesome. Also, I said that you'd have to cast the spell at least a dozen to a hundred times for a permanent effect to take place in the spoiler in the previous update.

And it's not the luck, it's what you're doing. Come on, do some crazy stuff! Wesfreak's going for the wrangling thing.

A hint for this battle: Perhaps a blunt approach would be more effective at cracking the hard plate than cutting?
Zerovirus
Zerovirus
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  JackBarber Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:37 pm

I know but... WHAT CAN I DO?! My items are pretty much my weapons a few rocks and some scrolls...
I don't know your limit on "Crazy" and if I could I'd probably just go all "Force push these things off the edge of the platform" but that's a whole different universe. (It is a different universe right?)

Question, with the runes if I were to say... carve/write them on the ground would the effect rise up from the ground instead of somehow coming out the other side?

Last edited by JackBarber on Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:43 pm; edited 3 times in total
JackBarber
JackBarber
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Zerovirus Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:38 pm

Let's see. You could apply Fortification to different things. I might rip one of the large cinderblocks out of the ground, use Fortification to make it strong enough to swing around, then start bashing bug shells in. How about that? Don't constrain yourself to generic moves Razz

Hm. If you wrote the runes on the ground, you wouldn't be able to make the effect emerge elsewhere as the ground is made out of separate blocks. You could write it on a block and then throw it- that'd work better with lightning, which has a severely limited range.
Zerovirus
Zerovirus
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  JackBarber Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:44 pm

What is this about Cinderblocks? I thought this big platform we were on was made of some form of metal with laserwalk-type bridges extending the length at the edges...? -.-

Changed my action a bit...
JackBarber
JackBarber
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  8680 Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:51 pm

If I have no runes, shoot my cryspistol at the closest mantis at such an angle that if the carapace is as reflective as I fear my shot will be deflected into the eyes of the second closest mantis, while defending myself against the closest mantis with my glaive. (Cryspistol in my main hand, glaive in my off hand with the base of the haft in a hole in a cinderblock or between cinderblocks.) If I have runes... do the same thing. While Arsene libraries might have runes for dealing with normal bugs, I doubt there were any for bugs this size.

Last edited by 8680 on Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Zerovirus Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:58 pm

JackBarber wrote:What is this about Cinderblocks? I thought this big platform we were on was made of some form of metal with laserwalk-type bridges extending the length at the edges...? -.-

Changed my action a bit...

My description said "Steel platform topped with charred cinderblocks". Detail, huzzah!
Zerovirus
Zerovirus
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Wesfreak Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:33 am

If you can't think of anything offensive to do, buff the others. You can use fortification for that. I have the feeling we'll need it. There's also the good old fashioned kill it with fire approach.

If however has movement can launch cinder-blocks at the mantises.
Wesfreak
Wesfreak
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  johnratchet3 Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:26 am

Play a game of golf with my hammer and some cinder blocks. The hornets can be the holes Very Happy Exude with extreme volume my pleasure as I do so.

Umm... if that's too ridiculous, or after a few hole-in-ones; Find and check up on that ink heart, and ensure Oranen is being guarded and not being kidnapped. Go on a killing spree in the process (with my mighty hammer). If I need some cover, find some mantis exoskeleton and use it as a bloody shield.

Jack, any chance I can read those scrolls in a turn or two when we're out of combat? It's about time I try my job and forge some stuff.

Oh, and fer christ sake If the battle ends this turn, loot the corpses, especially for mechanical components of any kind.
johnratchet3
johnratchet3
Experienced Player
Experienced Player

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:58 am

In the roll, you put this as Wesfreak's action...

The Roll wrote:Wesfreak:

However, that was my action. I want some credit for at least SOME of the dialogue Crying or Very sad

Anyway... So, we have a bunch of armoured mantis's with shoulder-guns and reflective armour, and we are being attacked by quasi-allies with mechanical hornets armed with hordes of bees. Hmm.

Stand by the edge of the platform and gain the attention of one of the mantises (is that the plural?). Once it begins to change momentum towards me, get out of the way and use Accel Control to accelerate his speed and keep his direction pointed towards the edge, in order to knock him off. As it collapses off the edge, grab one of its shoulder-weapons, kicking the claws if they come too close to my hands. Then shoot holes through the mantis's wings with my newly found blaster and knock it off the edge permanently. Afterwards, try to shoot the other mantises in the head or at their shoulder-weapons with my blaster.

If/When the battle ends, loot the mantises of their weapons, luxtech, and/or some of their usable armour if possible.

Yeah, if our weapons do no good and they have reflective armour, attacking them with their own stuff should do the trick. I doubt that launching cinderblocks at them wtih Accel Control would work, as my knowledge of it is very limited.

Change to RP Mindset: Let Netatiano Vie and Matilbeth know that I believe them. Keep an eye on the Inkheart from now on. Start treating Tiven like a man, and encourage him in his search for his father. Ask Alchione about her aspirations to be an adventurer. Ask Oranen how he's feeling.

Last edited by bigkahuna on Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:46 pm; edited 5 times in total
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  JackBarber Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:46 am

johnratchet3 wrote:Jack, any chance I can read those scrolls in a turn or two when we're out of combat? It's about time I try my job and forge some stuff.
Well Yeah but... It'd probably be best to try finding some different runes...

Also, bigkahuna, anything under a 10... Even if Zero is merciful and all... Well, I don't see your action ending well AT ALL.
JackBarber
JackBarber
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 37 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 28 ... 37  Next