Novalia Roll 2 Dodge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roll 2 Dodge: Prismpunk

+8
Dragonchampion
ShadoWKilleR
creonto
Wesfreak
XxoriginxX
JackBarber
Bigkahuna
Zerovirus
12 posters

Page 3 of 37 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 20 ... 37  Next

Go down

Roll 2 Dodge: Prismpunk - Page 3 Empty Re: Roll 2 Dodge: Prismpunk

Post  JackBarber Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:30 pm

That was intentional. Until you guys develop your characters, right now they're practically clones of each other. At some point, you'll recognize me referring to characters by name instead of "You". Get to work with character quirks and attitudes, Players!
I wasn't asking about abilities... xD
-----
In response to Oranen.
"That is if we meet anyone..."

Last edited by JackBarber on Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
JackBarber
JackBarber
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Zerovirus Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:33 pm

Meh, still gave me a good opportunity to expound on my mechanics. Hopefully they'll be more player-interactive than the old, boring cut-dried instant ramen skill just add water EXP.

You mean for characters? Well, I could do that, but letting me build up the characters might be boring- and don't you guys, as the players, have any vested interest in developing your characters? Surely you don't intend on the whole game being rote combat?

Of course, you can do whatever you want, and if you're just in it for the fighting, that's okay too- but I won't make myself responsible for that. I have complicated enough mechanics on my hand as it is! Smile
Zerovirus
Zerovirus
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

http://forums.wesnoth.org

Back to top Go down

Post  XxoriginxX Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:35 pm

Zerovirus wrote:Meh, still gave me a good opportunity to expound on my mechanics. Hopefully they'll be more player-interactive than the old, boring cut-dried instant ramen skill just add water EXP.

You mean for characters? Well, I could do that, but letting me build up the characters might be boring- and don't you guys, as the players, have any vested interest in developing your characters? Surely you don't intend on the whole game being rote combat?

Of course, you can do whatever you want, and if you're just in it for the fighting, that's okay too- but I won't make myself responsible for that. I have complicated enough mechanics on my hand as it is! Smile

You could develop character from their response to situations. Anger for those always choosing to argue, shyness for those always backing down, kindness for those always trying to help, stuff like that. Read how they respond, and shape their character around that.
XxoriginxX
XxoriginxX
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Zerovirus Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:39 pm

Well, yeah, that's the baseline for developing characters. I mean, if the players do what you're saying and respond to different scenarios in different way, that's basically the process for developing a character in a nutshell. I anticipate a whole plethora of various NPCs in the future, so even if the players are somewhat generic I'm sure I can manage.

Continue with the discussion! I can't write anything until you decide on something to do, after all, and an update page consisting of your words strung into a conversation probably won't be all that impressive.
Zerovirus
Zerovirus
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  XxoriginxX Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:41 pm

There, edited my actions to include an actual action.
XxoriginxX
XxoriginxX
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  JackBarber Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:44 pm

Alright, fine ignore the whole slight Roleplaying kinda thing I was going for...
JackBarber
JackBarber
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Zerovirus Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:48 pm

...What? Did I ignore something? Please enlighten me if I did- I tried to address all the queries posed at me in the previous half hour.

edit: I suppose I must learn to suppress my paranoid anticipations of mistakes or player dissatisfaction. More self-confidence all around! Very Happy

Last edited by Zerovirus on Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zerovirus
Zerovirus
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  JackBarber Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:49 pm

I was kinda referring to how origin didn't respond to my character or anything... xD
JackBarber
JackBarber
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Wesfreak Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:54 pm

I have interest in developing a character, but I guess it's harder in a roll 2 dodge kind of thing because of the nature of the game. (in a day my character's only said about 2 sentences). I suppose I'll just see how my character turns out.

"I'm going to go buy the wheel. Maybe a spare, too. Anyone up for some gun shopping afterwards?"

Find a store that seems likely to sell wheel replacements and buy 2 wheels. Then check to see what the gun store has for sale.

What is a gelpack?
Wesfreak
Wesfreak
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  XxoriginxX Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:57 pm

"Well, if we do see anybody, just be careful. The last thing you want to do is aggravate the entire town. Anyway, you guys go find some wheels, I will examine the guns available."
XxoriginxX
XxoriginxX
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Zerovirus Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:59 pm

Gelpacks are practically the Potions of these game- the basic life restorer, which operate by melding pre-infused energy into your body in accessible form to accelerate regeneration of the nervous and circulatory systems, promoting nerves to grow directly into the nutritious gel which then forms a light dermal covering and seals the wound. Small amounts of adrenaline and hormone and painkillers in the gel itself returns your body to tip-top shape within moments.

The gelpacks expire after a few years due to the gel itself losing nutritive properties, though the ones you have are fine.
Zerovirus
Zerovirus
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Zerovirus Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:19 pm

Jackbarber:
Place a hand on the grip of my Cryspistol, just in case.
You do so, though you don't see any threats anywhere nearby. Feeling slightly foolish, you relax again even though none of your party noticed your tension.

"Sure looks rundown, where do you guys think we should head to?"

“James, I think the answer is obvious,” replies Jonathan. “The components shop generally carries various tools, and they probably know where we could get some if they don’t carry wheels.”

Raise my other hand and point towards the two shops. "So you think we could find any wheels in those places?"

“Probably,” Oranen nods.

XxOriginxX: "However, it appears that there is a good chance that the people in this town know each other very well. That means that they know we are from the outside, and might treat us strangely. Expect some rudeness."

"If any of them try something unseeming, I'll punch them in the thinkbox."

"..."

"Okay, so I won't do that."

1 Attempt to fashion my square of canvas into a pouch, to carry my rations, and my clips. After that, enter the fine weaponry store, and examine the merchandise

CRITICAL FAILURE

As you pull out your canvas from your knapsack, a stray hook inside clings onto the canvas, creating a large rip. Disappointed, you put the cloth right back inside after realizing that it was probably no good as a potential container. Instead, you return to the discussion as you mentally consider what new fabulous weapons might be accessible in the store.

Wesfreak:
"Well, if we know what we’re doing, I'm going to go buy the wheel. Maybe a spare, too. Anyone up for some gun shopping afterwards?"

“I’ll skip right to the guns, thank you very much- and I have some intention of melee weapons as well. Variety’s always good, no?” Jonathan says even as he strides off towards the weapon store, tying his donkey to a post.

Find a store that seems likely to sell wheel replacements and buy 2 wheels. Then check to see what the gun store has for sale.

You enter the components store to see a skinny boy, no more than sixteen, snoozing on top of some barrels. A cough wakes him up and he twists his reclining form in shock, bouncing off his makeshift bed with a clatter.

Slightly embarrassed, you step forward to see him standing up behind the clerk’s desk.

“So, uh, my dad’s… Not here. What can ah help ya with, guy? You look like you’re from out of town.”

As you consider your response, James enters the door behind you, looking around at the dimly lit room.

XxOriginxX:

"Well, if we do see anybody, just be careful. The last thing you want to do is aggravate the entire town. Anyway, you guys go find some wheels, I will examine the guns available."

James nods at you as you walk off, following Jonathan towards the weapon store. James, for his part, ties all the donkeys to the same post, muttering about responsibility, before departing towards the general store.

You enter the gun store right behind Jonathan, who seems already engrossed in the analysis of various offerings the burly proprietor of the store holds.

“Hey, man, come look at this- fibe-op whips, and some nicer weapons than what I have…”

“Guy, they’re out of your price range, based on your money pouch.” The shopkeeper seems quite direct and brash, even.

“Uh, yeah, about that, I don’t suppose you, Oranen, could loan me some money? I’ll pay you back the first chance I get.”

XxOriginxX and Bigkahuna are currently in the Weapons Store. Wesfreak and JackBarber are in the Components store.

What are your actions?

Player Status Boxes:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Zerovirus on Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
Zerovirus
Zerovirus
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Wesfreak Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:32 pm

"Our caravan lost a wheel. Do you know where we could get one to replace it, as well as a spare?"

Could we get a list of weapons in the gun shop (and their stats) and their prices? (as well as splitters and prisms and other weapon modifiers that they have.)
Wesfreak
Wesfreak
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Zerovirus Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:52 pm

THIS STUFF IS TOTALLY OUTDATED NOW

The weapon shop does not carry modifiers- weapons must be made from scratch in the Component shop or bought as mass-produced completed weapons at the Weapon shop.

Here's a weapon-construction seminar!

In order to produce a weapon, you have to select a Frame. The frame determines how large your weapon will be. Then, you will place various items inside the weapon, mostly limited to two major types: Battery and Modifier.

Batteries provide the base number for your weapon; in theory, you could construct a basic weapon with a single battery, but it won't be too effective or powerful.

Modifiers change the output of the battery but must be placed directly in front of the battery, to create a modification chain. Modifiers include Accelerators which increase attack speed, Focusers which increase range, and Splitters which increase raw power. Other, rare varieties of modifiers exist but are quite exotic and difficult to acquire. In addition to all this, a final object to be added onto a melee weapon is the Blade, which simply determines the shape of the weapon. Though most Blades are for aesthetic purposes, some blades have inbuilt prismic microtech which can have various special effects.

Construction isn't constricted only to weapons- armor, too, can be constructed with components and modified thus!

An example picture of a sword is below:

Roll 2 Dodge: Prismpunk - Page 3 Exampleweapon

As you can see, the Blade is a normal blade, while the Core is a simple prism that serves to optimally gather and redirect the three batteries' charge into the blade. Thus, this blade deals 1d30 damage. If the prism were not present, the blade would instead deal 3d6 damage. If any of the batteries were removed, the blade would lose part of its damage. Your blades are built with a prism and a battery for 1d10 damage, while your blasters are built with no prism and thus inflict 1d6 damage.

More elaboration will be made in a future update when you actually begin construction, as well as a comprehensive list of weapons and components, and their respective costs and availability. Gimme a second here.

On a secondary note, I'm surprised if any of the Wesnothian players thought I'd possibly let a game go on without any bit of pixelart on my part.

Last edited by Zerovirus on Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zerovirus
Zerovirus
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  XxoriginxX Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:09 pm

"Sorry, Jonathan. I know that you will eventually pay me back, however, now is not the time to be setting up loans. If mass-produced guns are out of the question, maybe the parts for the guns themselves are possibly affordable with our current amount of cash." Leave the store, and enter the component store.
XxoriginxX
XxoriginxX
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  JackBarber Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:38 pm

To the kid at the counter "Hmm, what all have you got for sale here? "
Take a look at the various items on the shelves.
JackBarber
JackBarber
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Zerovirus Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:09 pm

XxOriginxX:

"Sorry, Jonathan. I know that you will eventually pay me back, however, now is not the time to be setting up loans. If mass-produced guns are out of the question, maybe the parts for the guns themselves are possibly affordable with our current amount of cash." Leave the store, and enter the component store..

Jonathan sighs at you. "Yeah, I guess I couldn't expect too much from you, we're all kinda strapped for cash right now." He turns to the shopkeeper, who smells vanishing business and reacts with a scowl. "Sorry, weapons man. I don't really have the cash for your wares and, well, you heard him." Turning to you again, Jonathan shrugs. "Meh. Let's go see how the other two are doing."

Without anything better to do, the two of you head down towards the component store, entering just in time to see Steven take ahold of four wheels.

Wesfreak:

"Our caravan lost a wheel. Do you know where we could get one to replace it, as well as a spare?"

The kid looks at you and scratches his head, before turning around to the array of items.

"...Nothing on the walls, but I don't think... The shelves aren't strong enough for wheels, anyways. What's your wheel diameter?"

"Oh, er... uh, two and a half feet."

"Right..." He mumbles something as he walks into what seems to be a back storageroom. When he returns, you see him carrying a stack of four wheels. "So, uh, here's some replacement wheels, eighty clips total. Where're ye guys from, anyways?"

As you hand over the eighty clips, you reply in a conserved tone.

"We're travelers."

Jackbarber:

To the kid at the counter "Hmm, what all have you got for sale here? "
Take a look at the various items on the shelves..

"Well, we carry all sorts of supplies... Yannow, gelpacks and antidotes and things. We have some components anyways, prisms and things, but... uh, we don't have working batteries, so... uh, I don't think we can make custom weapons for you." The poor kid looks somewhat downtrodden after admitting it, and you wonder what component store wouldn't have a stash of fully charged batteries at, well, any time.

"I see."

"Anyways, gelpacks're twenty clips per and antidotes are thirty clips per. So, uh, you want to buy something?" He finishes his sentence with an imploring look. Apparently, the store really doesn't get much business- and you can't fault the guy, really. The road is practically deserted.

The kid picks up the conversation again, in his usual mumbling diction. "...But yeah, you look like the type that's got some experience in just things, and... uh, I was wondering if you could, uh, help us with some..."

He trails off as you look at him impassively. His words seem to have stemed as he finds himself pressed for words- and you detect a hint of reticence in his words, as if he's hiding something that he doesn't want to keep secret.

What do you do?
How do you respond to the shopkeeper's son's words?

Spoiler:
Zerovirus
Zerovirus
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  JackBarber Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:19 pm

Look at Steven, "Hey, do you remember that old newspaper?"

Look to the boy and speak to him.
"Does this 'thing' have anything to do with the supply train robberies?"
JackBarber
JackBarber
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  XxoriginxX Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:22 pm

Ask the kid, "Some sort of conflict you are having to deal with. If so, just tell us. I would gladly help in your plight."
XxoriginxX
XxoriginxX
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Zerovirus Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:31 pm

Spoiler:

Jackbarber:

Look at Steven and hold out my hand. "Hey, do you still have that old newspaper?"

Once Steven (wesfreak) hands me the Newspaper, look to the boy and hold it out.
"Does this 'thing' have anything to do with this?".

Steven shuffles his pockets before looking up and shaking his head.

"I think I dropped that grimy rag when we arrived. I mean, it was in really sorry condition and my hands were dirty enough as is."

The kid at the counter looks up and immediately ducks under the table, pulling out a fresher copy of the newspaper. "One newspaper's one clip."

"You're kidding." But from the look on the kid's face, he's not kidding. Sighing, you reluctantly hand over the single clip. "Fine. Anyways, does the event on the front page have to do with what you're asking us to help you with?"

The kid looks confused for a second. "Uh, I'm not sure, maybe? Kinda, well, it's... You know we don't have charged batteries, right? Well, it's because our solar plates on the roof got sabotaged. We can't recharge any of our wares!"

"My condolences. What do you expect us to do, though? We're not repairmen or luxchemists."

"Well..."

XxOriginxX:

Ask the kid, "Some sort of conflict you are having to deal with. If so, just tell us. I would gladly help in your plight."

The kid looks at you slightly nervously.

"Don't tell anyone I said this, especially not my Dad!.. But... there were bandits. There have been bandits since right after that newspaper came out, and I think they're the same people."

Now he just looks frightened.

Still, that isn't very much information for you to make a decision on. "And where or who would these bandits of yours be?"

"...Ask the Mayor, he's, uh, in the big manor with paint and stuff." The kid turns away and deliberately ignores you in favor of rearranging things on the shelves. You get the feeling he regrets asking you for help- perhaps out of a fear of backlash?

Concealing your surprise that such a backwater as this possesses a Mayor, you instead turn to discuss this with your party members.

What do you ask the kid about? Is there anything you need to know about him- motivations, family, name, history? What do you intend on doing about this possible bandit menace, or will you simply return with your replacement wheels, and leave this backwater to its eventual fate of becoming a ghost-town?

Spoiler:
Zerovirus
Zerovirus
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  XxoriginxX Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:39 pm

"Any idea where these bandits may be?"

Head to the mayor's building. Knock on the door before entering, to not seem intruding. Ask the mayor, once found, exactly what transpired with these bandits.

Last edited by XxoriginxX on Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
XxoriginxX
XxoriginxX
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  JackBarber Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:40 pm

Now he just looks frightened.

Still, that isn't very much information for you to make a decision on. "And where or who would these bandits of yours be?"

"...Ask the Mayor, he's, uh, in the big manor with paint and stuff." The kid turns away and deliberately ignores you in favor of rearranging things on the shelves. You get the feeling he regrets asking you for help- perhaps out of a fear of backlash?
-.-

Hum a bit.
"How much more time do we have until we need to be back guys?"
JackBarber
JackBarber
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Wesfreak Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:44 pm

Buy a splitter if he has one (the ones that increase power) for my cryopistol and head over mayors house to ask him about his bandit problem.

Can the wheels fit in my backpack, or are they too heavy to carry around with me?

We still have most of the day. (It took 2 hours to get here, it'll take 2 hours to get back and we need to be back by nightfall. We should have maybe 4 hours to spend here, which should be plenty of time to clear out the bandits.)

Last edited by Wesfreak on Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wesfreak
Wesfreak
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  JackBarber Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:47 pm

"Hmm, Got any Accelerators or Focusers for under 80 Clips?" if so, buy one and say "Alright, we'll do what we can."
if not say "Alright, well thanks anyway, we'll see what we can do."

Follow the others to the mayor's place to see what's up.

(Done for tonight, see you tommorrow.)
JackBarber
JackBarber
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Zerovirus Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:03 pm

Spoiler:

XxOriginxX:

20 "Any idea where these bandits may be?".

PERSUASION CHECK: CRITICAL SUCCESS

"Uh... I once think I saw a group of them skulking around after dark, when I was out trying to steal something from the shop across the door. The bandits were on his roof cutting up the solar plates- so it's not just me, the whole town has been without steady light for the last week!"

"That's helpful, but not quite what I asked."

"Ah, uh, right, sorry. Anyways, the Bandits skulked up the road, and vanished into an alley. Judging from the direction they went, I'd say they went to the northwest of here... I don't know the concise location, though. You should probably ask... Other people. I bet the Mayor or the other shopkeep knows more."

You barely catch him mutter "...Or my dad, if he were here."

Seems like he's got no more useful info on the location of these bandits to offer.

Jackbarber:

Hum a bit.
"How much more time do we have until we need to be back guys?".

Steven looks at a wall-mounted clock. "It's about ten of the clock, so we still have quite a while; the sun sets at six in the afternoon so budgeting three hours for a return trip means we have five hours, from now to three o'clock. Plenty of time, I suppose."

"The bandits can't be that far away- none of the other towns have reported anything like this. I betcha it's just us they're para... passa... parastiting... Leeching off of!"

Hmm.

Wesfreak:

Head over mayors house to ask him about his bandit problem.

You take your leave with a confident fluorish, turning with a last farewell phrase. "Don't worry. We'll have this trouble dealt with before we leave this town."

"Yeah, cause if we don't deal with it before we leave we probably aren't coming back to finish with it," Oranen snarks. "We're on a time crunch, folks. Let's get a move on!"

Jackbarber:

Follow the others to the mayor's place to see what's up.

"...So this is it?"

"It looked a bit bigger from far away."

The major, standing majestically- wait, no. Make that 'pretending to stand majestically'. Well, whatever the age of this decaying structure was, it was clear that its prime had long passed. Paint peeling from walls, revealing faded brick and rotten wood inside; not to mention the cracked glass windows. Well, at least this house had glass windows- the other houses just had holes in the walls. Gotta get your illumination, after all.

As the four of you approach the door, you notice something.

"...How do we, uh, announce our presence?"

For there was no doorbell, no convenient pressed button, no knocker, and no eyeslit. In fact, the door looked quite crumply, as if a knock would send it to the ground in a rotten heap. None of you wanted to go first, for fear of causing even more property damage. Where would you buy a replacement door from, anyways? Wheels are one thing, but...

The conundrum is solved by the door opening itself on creaky hinges. A woman past her prime, perhaps age fifty or fifty-five, peeks out.

"What's this? Strangers! Come in, come on! The illustrious Manor Luvidda, home to the Mayor of this town! Come on down, Jenkins, and serve our guests!"

As you step in, afraid to break a hole through the floorboards, you notice that no such Jenkins shows up.

"Ah-hem! Excuse my dear. She's been a little confused of late, still doesn't know that we dismissed the butler a few months ago."

A portly man, standing in some worn tuxedo clothes which were, perhaps, once glamorous and enameled with all sorts of reflective trim, but now worn, clears his throat again, descending the spiral staircase to your left and greeting the four of you.

"I see we have visitors, well-armed ones at that! If you're here for loot, I'm afraid we're already taken. If you're here for hospitality, welcome! I am Mayor Luvidda. What can I do for you?"

What do you say? How do you proceed to question him about the bandits? What do you make of the kid's testimony about the Bandits' actions and location

Spoiler:
Zerovirus
Zerovirus
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 37 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 20 ... 37  Next