Novalia Roll 2 Dodge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roll 2 Dodge: Prismpunk

+8
Dragonchampion
ShadoWKilleR
creonto
Wesfreak
XxoriginxX
JackBarber
Bigkahuna
Zerovirus
12 posters

Page 2 of 37 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19 ... 37  Next

Go down

Roll 2 Dodge: Prismpunk - Page 2 Empty Re: Roll 2 Dodge: Prismpunk

Post  XxoriginxX Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:34 pm

Zerovirus wrote:Welp, I'm certainly hoping that I'm not a direct cause of such boredom. If you have something specific in mind, run it by me in this thread or in PM. A lot of the stuff on Psi Wiki won't be applicable, though; this is a completely different setting and I'm probably going to trend away from the inexplicable "-kinesis" stuff. All the skills you encounter in this game will be just as versatile and awesome, but with an added layer of explanation and psuedo-magic-logic involved.

Don't worry, it is not because of you. Also, I do understand that most of the stuff on that wiki will not really apply to this game. I am talking about in real life, since a few of the pages give a how-to guide to actually using the powers. Sure, they are most likely fake, but always something to do when bored. And who knows! Maybe they are not as false as first believed...
XxoriginxX
XxoriginxX
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Zerovirus Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:41 pm

Spoiler:

LARGE EDITS TO ORIGINAL POST WITH MORE CONCISE RULES AND NPC DETAIL FILES

XxOriginxX (Oranen Ispil):
19: Respond to Sanja: "I think I have an even better idea for our wheel dilemma..."

"Really? Let's see what you have in mind, then, Ispil." She takes a step back to watch you as you...

16: Major: Cut off a section of the wagon canvas, and attempt to use it to wrap the two broken ends of the wheel back together..

Sanja sighs as you begin cutting off large strips of the canvas, but subsequent attempts at wrapping up the wheel prove quite ineffective, due to a lack of anything to stably hold the wheel in place. It's obvious that the wheel couldn't even support the weight of a housecat when repaired like this, even less the weight of an entire military supply wagon.

Averting Sanja's critical glare, you sheepishly pocket the canvas, an action that she sniffs at but otherwise ignores. Well, it was worth a try!

Bigkanuna (Jonathan Kmetz):
11: Reply to All:"I don't why you guys haven't thought of this yet, but as our wagon was shot from under us the culprits are likely still here. Anyone want to come with me to search?"

"Way ahead of you. My soldiers have already started systematically scanning the area."

And as you look, indeed, the troops under Sanja's command begin to wave outwards in a fan pattern, determined to scour the zone for all evidence.

Sanja grins at you, reminding you of a shark's smile right before the assault. "Aren't they well-trained, mister Kmetz?"

12: >>Look around for evidence of the shooters, or even better, the shooters themselves..

Though the soldiers are already on it, you go ahead and take a look around anyways. While the others are busy talking to Sanja, you stride around in the general direction of the sabotage- since both wheels were from the same side of the wagon, only one group of snipers could exist. However, despite your best efforts, your searches yield nothing, and all you found for your efforts were footprints that, after leading away from the trains for a few feet, abruptly vanished. Momentarily confused, you decide to return to the main group.

Wesfreak (Steven Zrael):
13: "Are you expecting us to buy things for the military on our own cash? We're gonna need some clips to buy a wheel."

"Yes, and yes. I'm sure you brought some money."

You stare Sanja off. She commences likewise in your direction; the sparks fly until she sighs and pulls out her personal handbook.

"I can't have the military budget going towards fixing my caravan's mistakes, and I certainly can't have something like this on the record. But I suppose your complaint is valid."

And with that, she flings a handful of clips at your face; you snatch some of them out of the air, but the majority land in the parched dirt. Collecting them all up, you find that she's given you a hundred clips in all.

"Don't bother thanking me. Kmetz, Ispil, and whatever you other two guys' names are, get going. Even on a donkey you'll still take two hours to get to the village we passed a while back."

What a polite dismissal.

INVENTORY UPDATE

Bigkahuna (Jonathan Kmetz):
Inventory:
120 Clips (1 clip~1 american dollar)
Cryspistol (1d6, middle-range)
Prism Sword (1d10, melee-range)

Skills: None

Jackbarber (James Rosenburg)
Inventory:
120 Clips

Skills:
None

XxOriginxX (Oranen Ispil)
Inventory:
120 Clips
A 2x2 square of Canvas

Skills:
None

Wesfreak (Steven Zrael)
Inventory:
220 Clips

Skills:
None

>What do you do?
>Do you pursue the only lead found thus far, the footprints?
>Do you head to town to pick up the supplies necessary?
Zerovirus
Zerovirus
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

http://forums.wesnoth.org

Back to top Go down

Post  XxoriginxX Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:12 pm

Only two options here, get the wheels, or blow the group off and potentially make us enemies of this kingdom. If I remember, our covered wagon was following a military caravan. So, my simple action is:

Head to the military caravan ahead, and ask if they have two spare wagon wheels.

Since that will clearly not work, I say:

Walk over to the footprint trail, and walk along it. Extend the footprint trail for a distance, far enough so at the end, you can only barely see the wagon. Tell Sanja and her group that you found the rest of the footprint path, and while they all run off to see how far it goes, take as many useful supplies as you can carry while running, and run in the other direction.

Scratch that, how about this:

Go with Wes, and also collect needed supplies. Try to convince big that it would be best to follow suit.

Last edited by XxoriginxX on Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
XxoriginxX
XxoriginxX
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Zerovirus Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:18 pm

Your covered wagon is part of the military caravan. Hence why Sanja Aseiju is a Sergeant of the Raitalan Army. Since you hitchhiked, the military guys moved the stuff in your wagon to other wagons; since this wagon broke down, you guys have to go fix it because the military loses nothing but a broken wagon if they simply leave you behind. There's no space on the other wagons precisely because the stuff that was originally on your wagon got moved to others to make room for you guys to hitchhike. Does that explanation make sense? When I said military caravan in front of you I meant the one that you were hitchhiking on; you were simply sitting in the very last wagon at the end of the line.

So in short your command won't work. And you could just decide to run off- you've already made profits of, what, a piece of canvas and a hundred clips Razz

Edit: In response to the above post, clarify if you intend on doing so on your own. If not, I will proceed to query the other players on what their thoughts on this plan of action is.
Zerovirus
Zerovirus
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:34 pm

My thoughts - the army doesn't really care about what happens to us, they'll dump us for all I know. I kind of want to find out what this mysterious group is; since they technically don't want to kill us maybe we'll be safe with them/join them/find out what's up and get out of this country.

Tell Sanja that I will be going to town. Grab some food/basic supplies; some weapons and clips if I can find them, start to head towards town, then stealthily loop out of sight in the direction of the footprints.

Tell Sanja that I will be going to town. Grab some food/basic supplies; some weapons and clips if I can find them, and follow our group.

Last edited by bigkahuna on Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:22 pm; edited 4 times in total
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Wesfreak Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:39 pm

Oh, sure, anger the highly trained, heavily armed soldiers led by colonel cranky that can't tell one persons footprints from another. Rolling Eyes

Pack up a decent sized lunch and some spare medical supplies (if anyone asks, say that I'll be gone for five hours at least, and will need food, and that the supplies might be useful in case I get hurt)and a compass/map and get going towards the nearest town. "The rest of you guys coming?"

Woot I earned a hundred bucks! king

Zerovirus, your game world is really epic. It reminds me a bit of Garth Nix's "the seven towers" only yours has more science and less magic.

Last edited by Wesfreak on Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:18 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added a direction)
Wesfreak
Wesfreak
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:04 am

Wesfreak wrote:Oh, sure, anger the highly trained, heavily armed soldiers led by colonel cranky that can't tell one persons footprints from another.
Yeah, you're right... Like you said Zero's GM skills are very nice and I was having some unnecessary fun with it. Edited my action.

Wesfreak - which direction are you going in? See my action for a possible solution.

By the way, I think Sanja is trying to get rid of us; she never grins like that. Also, it's the perfect situation for her: we're in the way, it's 3 hours to the nearest village, the caravans already moving to "find" the culprits, etc. I think we need to head out to accomplish our original "goals" to leave the wonderful nation of Raitan.

Last edited by bigkahuna on Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Wesfreak Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:29 am

I doubt the general would have given us 100 dollars just to get rid of us. Even if it is a trick, we'll be able to get some transportation or something in town, or at least get better weapons.
Wesfreak
Wesfreak
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  creonto Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:39 am

can i join? me name would be Matt Prinsky (dont ask how i thought of the name cause honestly i have no idea)

creonto
New Player
New Player

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:42 am

Wesfreak wrote:I doubt the general would have given us 100 dollars just to get rid of us. Even if it is a trick, we'll be able to get some transportation or something in town, or at least get better weapons.
*Seargant*. And she did say that she couldn't have anything like that on her record. Anyway, you're right, our best bet is probably to go to town. We can always double back if we have to. Changed my action, you don't have to convince me anymore, Origin Wink

Zero - I will be gone for the weekend. Can I be neutral/a fill-in or do I have to be kicked out?
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  XxoriginxX Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:43 am

Only two options here, get the wheels, or blow the group off and potentially make us enemies of this kingdom. If I remember, our covered wagon was following a military caravan. So, my simple action is:

Head to the military caravan ahead, and ask if they have two spare wagon wheels.

Since that will clearly not work, I say:

Walk over to the footprint trail, and walk along it. Extend the footprint trail for a distance, far enough so at the end, you can only barely see the wagon. Tell Sanja and her group that you found the rest of the footprint path, and while they all run off to see how far it goes, take as many useful supplies as you can carry while running, and run in the other direction.

Scratch that, how about this:

Go with Wes, and also collect needed supplies. Try to convince big that it would be best to follow suit.
There, my action once and for all.
XxoriginxX
XxoriginxX
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:46 am

Bigkahuna - Tell Sanja that I will be going to town. Grab some food/basic supplies; some weapons and clips if I can find them, and follow the group. Also suggest [to Sanja] that her soldiers follow the footprints.

Wesfreak - Pack up a decent sized lunch and some spare medical supplies (if anyone asks, say that I'll be gone for five hours at least, and will need food, and that the supplies might be useful in case I get hurt)and a compass/map and get going towards the nearest town. "The rest of you guys coming?"

XxoriginxX - Go with Wes, and also collect needed supplies.

Waiting on JackBarber.
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  JackBarber Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:24 am

bigkahuna wrote:Waiting on JackBarber.
Are you being serious? He didn't wait on me any of the other times... xD
Oh well...

>"Might I remind you, someone took a shot at us, in my mind they are either slowing down the supply line, or stopping this wagon to get a better shot at you Sergeant. I say you get to cover as quickly as possible, you don't really know how many assassins could even be out there."

>Pack up anything that I may have forgotten in the wagon and get ready to leave. (Follow the others.)

>"Would it be alright if we took some supplies? The people who tried to stop this caravan may not want it moving again... and if that's true we don't know what we might run into on the way to town."
JackBarber
JackBarber
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:19 pm

Bigkahuna - Tell Sanja that I will be going to town. Grab some food/basic supplies; some weapons and clips if I can find them, and follow our group. Also suggest [to Sanja] that her soldiers follow the footprints.

Wesfreak - Pack up a decent sized lunch and some spare medical supplies (if anyone asks, say that I'll be gone for five hours at least, and will need food, and that the supplies might be useful in case I get hurt)and a compass/map and get going towards the nearest town. "The rest of you guys coming?"

XxoriginxX - Go with Wes, and also collect needed supplies.

Jackbarber - > [To Sanja] "Might I remind you, someone took a shot at us, in my mind they are either slowing down the supply line, or stopping this wagon to get a better shot at you, Sergeant. I say you get to cover as quickly as possible, you don't really know how many assassins could even be out there."

>Pack up anything that I may have forgotten in the wagon and get ready to leave. (Follow the others.)

>"Would it be alright if we took some supplies? The people who tried to stop this caravan may not want it moving again... and if that's true we don't know what we might run into on the way to town."
Ready to roll, Zero.

My question about being able to stay in though I'm leaving for the weekend still stands. If I can, keep my actions at following the others, receiving/using food and meds when necessary, and attacking when necessary.
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  ShadoWKilleR Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:37 pm

He's asking to be NPC'd temporarily, this means the DM decides what he will do in the turns he is currently missing.
ShadoWKilleR
ShadoWKilleR
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Zerovirus Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:17 pm

Spoiler:

Bigkahuna:

14 Tell Sanja that I will be going to town. Grab some food/basic supplies; some weapons and clips if I can find them, and follow our group. Also suggest [to Sanja] that her soldiers follow the footprints.

"Alright, alright, fine, sergeant girl. We'll be heading to town as soon as we acquire some supplies and whatnot for the hours-long trip."

Sanja simply gestures behind her shoulder, barking out a command- "Ryvin, go grab four sets of traveling rations!" As the soldier runs off, you voice your second request.

"...How about some weapons?"

"What?"

"I mean, this is a military operation, you guys have weapons and we don't know what we may see out there-"

"Denied, for the following reasons: First, the weapons are state property and I can't loan them out. Second, I don't trust that you won't run away with them as soon as you get out of eyeshot. Third, I already gave you a hundred clips and I don't really think enough of you to risk more matériel on you."

Sanja smiles again. She's really getting on your nerve, and practically seeing your face reflected in her pristine teeth isn't helping your temper cool down.

"I'm sure you have your own weapons, don't you?"

Wesfreak:

12 Pack up a decent sized lunch and some spare medical supplies (if anyone asks, say that I'll be gone for five hours at least, and will need food, and that the supplies might be useful in case I get hurt)and a compass/map and get going towards the nearest town. "The rest of you guys coming?"

The soldier jogs back, not panting in the slightest, bearing four packs of food under his shoulder. A cursory examination reveals enough carbohydrates and water to last you two days- much more than you'd anticipated a need for! Perhaps Sanja was actually generous with her allotment, for once. Still, you're missing crucial gear.

"How about a compass, a map, and some medical supplies?"

"What, you didn't come with a map? I thought you were all about preparedness," Sanja quips back, pulling a scroll out of a knapsack held to her side. "Here. Don't lose it."

You pocket the map, figuring that you wouldn't really need it unless something unexpected happened. The village was right back there on the road, after all.

"And medical-"

"Yes, yes, that too. As I've said, I can't spare supplies from the main caravan. I do have a pair of leftover gelpacks, though- you can have them if they're not too expired."

You're starting to get used to this kind of thing.

"Whatever." You turn, beckoning Oranen with you, and approach the donkeys that were pulling your wagon.

XxoriginxX:

9 Go with Wes, and also collect needed supplies.

You receive the same rations as Steven, who you follow as he mounts a donkey and begins trodding forward towards the next town.

Jackbarber:

15 [To Sanja] "Might I remind you, someone took a shot at us, in my mind they are either slowing down the supply line, or stopping this wagon to get a better shot at you, Sergeant. I say you get to cover as quickly as possible, you don't really know how many assassins could even be out there."

"You're probably right on the supply slowing bit. I've heard that supply wagons are getting ambushed all around this area- hence the increased number of guards." Sanja grins smugly. "I doubt any bandit force could overcome my sentries. And if they wanted me dead, with a sniper that good I'd be long dead. They're probably just foreign insurgents trying to slow our war effort without legal accountability of murder outside of a warzone."

12 Pack up anything that I may have forgotten in the wagon and get ready to leave. (Follow the others.) "Would it be alright if we took some supplies? The people who tried to stop this caravan may not want it moving again... and if that's true we don't know what we might run into on the way to town."

Sanja waves you off as you receive your rations pack last, ignoring the other clauses of your sentence. Turning around, she briskly strides around and begins setting up markers for an easily-defensible temporary respite. "Get back here soon. If you don't get back before night, we'll just dump your wagon here and you can walk all the way to the Shikahu Front."

The four of you, having mounted your donkey steeds, begin plodding off into the distance, your shadows long and lanky in front of you, pointing the way down the road.

"You know, I think your donkey looks healthier than mine."

"You always say that.'

"Don't suppose you want to trade? No? Okay."

------

Two and a quarter hours later...

"Well, we're here. Doesn't look like a big place- do you think they have what we need?"

"I guess we can find out, and we can at least buy some other stuff, maybe."

"Say, what's that sign say? Welcome to... I can't read it from here, the sign's too faded."

As you dismount to take a closer look, you step on an errant, fluttering piece of paper.

"Hmm... Guess Sanja was right. This is a really old newspaper, something about outlaws stealing the supplies of the last supply train, on the other road that leads to the Shikahu Front." You drop the paper and wipe off its grime on the pelt of your donkey, who looks at you with something approaching disapproval.

"Anyways, that sign reads 'Welcome to Dovrutt.' From the looks of this place, maybe they should rename it Dogbutt."

With a distinct lack of snickers, the four of you pace around, wondering where to go from here. The main street (and the only street in the town, apparently) is devoid of villagers, and the only building that stands out seems to have actually been painted upon its completion. Needless to be said, the paint is now yellowed and peeling, a sad sight in an even sadder town. Some various shops, boasting 'Fine Weaponry' and 'Components and Comestibles', though just as decrepit as the rest of the village, seem yet to be open. Eighteen buildings line the single road, and in the distance you can see two barns.

Where do you go from here?

Player Status Blocks:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Zerovirus on Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:56 pm; edited 3 times in total
Zerovirus
Zerovirus
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragonchampion Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:17 pm

The member 'Zerovirus' has done the following action : Die Roll

'd20' : 14, 12, 9, 15, 12
Dragonchampion
Dragonchampion
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

https://roll2dodge.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  XxoriginxX Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:22 pm

Dragonch wrote:The member 'Zerovirus' has done the following action : Die Roll

'd20' : 14, 12, 9, 15, 12
I understand that this is the function for the die roll system, however, it does reveal exactly what everyone rolled, without the corresponding actions... I say you return to external die.
XxoriginxX
XxoriginxX
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  ShadoWKilleR Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:44 pm

When you go to an external site you don't enter the actions... And what dragon posted is from the log.
ShadoWKilleR
ShadoWKilleR
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Zerovirus Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:51 pm

Yeah, I'm going back to outside die rolling. It's less intrusive and lets me tell a better story. That, and it doesn't double the number of posts added to this thread every time I want to write an update.

In case anyone missed it, the update is in my previous post.
Zerovirus
Zerovirus
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  JackBarber Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:05 pm

Aww... you didn't say who said what...
Also, what's the painted building?

"Sure looks rundown, where do you guys think we should head to?"

Place a hand on the grip of my Cryspistol, just in case.

Raise my other hand and point towards the two shops.
"Think we could find any wheels in those places?"

Follow the others.

Last edited by JackBarber on Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:35 pm; edited 3 times in total
JackBarber
JackBarber
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Zerovirus Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:08 pm

That was intentional. Until you guys develop your characters, right now they're practically clones of each other. At some point, you'll recognize me referring to characters by name instead of "You". Get to work with character quirks and attitudes, Players! Smile

If you want to know what the painted building is, you may have to investigate.
Zerovirus
Zerovirus
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  JackBarber Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:13 pm

So... hold on, do we have to say stuff like "Learn how to be Awesome" or is it just the kinda stuff you'll pick up as we do actions?
Kinda like...
"Player sprays the group of enemies with streams of fire, laughing maniacally - Player gains 1 acting Insane put."
"Player puts on some shades - Player gains 1 acting Awesome point."
JackBarber
JackBarber
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Zerovirus Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:21 pm

I'd probably just throw 'Learn how to be Awesome" out the window as a viable action. Generally, the more detailed your action, the more detailed my response can be and the more fun we'll have in this game. Trading will be player prompted, as is combat. If you want to learn something, it will actually be similar to teaching in reality, with simplifications; I will give you basic concepts and ask you to extrapolate skills and applications from them, in and out of combat.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: HOW TO ACQUIRE SKILLS

As an example from another game I've observed, if you wanted to learn, say, about biomancy, You would have to have (in character) already learned about the concept of stem cells as biological embodiments of elemental Chaos, with their flexibility and ability to shift through different cellular types, and the workings of neural systems and how that connects to your mind and soul. From there, it is your responsibility to tie the concepts in to reality, the results of which I will judge on viability as well as assist you to make real. Obviously, you can learn these concepts from dedicated teachers in game, observing other NPCs fight, reading tomes of lore, or the like.

For example, you could deduce that by integrating stem cells into your neural system and thus your mind, you could integrate Elemental Chaos into your thoughts, allowing you to get certain bonuses on will-checks and also allow you to control your stem cells, opening the first door into manipulating cancer as a weapon and mutating your body, with stemcell reservoirs as the fuel. In other words, you must figure out how best to integrate concepts to create the Root Skill which you will base an entire skilltree off of in the future.

Obviously, the Biomancy example isn't possible in our setting- but the general system should be evident. Thinking and practicing and learning takes time, though there are such things as Battletrances, in which the heat of combat renders you more capable of making large leaps in your training... But those are rare and difficult to trigger, and the exact combination of symptoms is quite unknown.

If that still confuses you, ask me about specific details of learning skills.

But no, there are no EXP-point equivalents in the game. If you want a skill, you have to come up with a plausible one with ingame psuedophysics.

Last edited by Zerovirus on Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zerovirus
Zerovirus
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  XxoriginxX Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:28 pm

Alright, an actual learning system, not instant-poof mechanics.

"It appears that there is a good chance that the people in this town know each other very well. That means that they know we are from the outside, and might treat us strangely. Expect some rudeness."
Attempt to fashion my square of canvas into a pouch, to carry my rations, and my clips.
After that, enter the fine weaponry store, and examine the merchandise

Last edited by XxoriginxX on Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
XxoriginxX
XxoriginxX
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 37 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19 ... 37  Next