Novalia Roll 2 Dodge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roll 2 Dodge: The Facility

+7
ShadoWKilleR
Artlis
FLAMELASHER
XxoriginxX
Bigkahuna
Talkal
Daravel
11 posters

Page 9 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next

Go down

Roll 2 Dodge: The Facility - Page 9 Empty Re: Roll 2 Dodge: The Facility

Post  Daravel Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:11 pm

Shadow might want to change his action, becoming proficient in "matter movement" or somesuch. I dunno.
He can make it more general than it is now and encompass more actions within the bonus.

Daravel
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  ShadoWKilleR Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:54 am

Major> Juggle several random objects using my Vectorizing power, do it outside. [proficient in vectorizing objects]
Minor> come back when the 1 minute is over.

Last edited by ShadoWKilleR on Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:38 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : My power is not Vetoing stuff >.<)
ShadoWKilleR
ShadoWKilleR
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Daravel Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:18 am

Sorry, I'm really busy with work. I have a day off tommorow so should be able to roll then.

Daravel
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Daravel Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:32 am

The sun rapidly retreats behind the houses and darkness looms, there is very little man-made light – soon it appears it will be pitch black.
“We’d better get Tom inside, looks as if the night time here is even worse than the day time.” Oranen was looking at Charles who was somewhat larger than him.
“Uh. I don’t think it’s a good idea to move him, I’ll bandage him up and guard him.” With that Charles [6] ran out of the house and down the ruined road, as he approached the two bleeding figures he slipped his bag off and rummaged around inside; brandishing some bandages, painkillers and antiseptic he proclaims “Calm down everyone, I know first aid!”
“I didn’t see anyone panicking.” The voice startled Charles who was looking at two unconscious forms. A woman was walking quietly towards him, bruised and battered; she had awoken from behind the collapsed wall where the gorilla-man had placed her.
“Well, if you want to rely on your… umm… ‘expertise” she cast a look at the medical supplies “then I won’t stop you tending to your friend, but I think I can handle mine.” She bent over the large Gorilla form and cast her hands over the fur in search of the wounds; her eyes shot back as she found them.
“If you don’t succeed, I’ll take a look at your friend in the morning; there won’t be enough time tonight.” Charles nodded and began to apply the antiseptic to the wound, binding the wound tightly with the bandages and handing two painkillers to Tom, who barely conscious, struggled to swallow them. Satisfied that your handiwork would keep Tom alive for a while longer you scout the surrounding area but see it is devoid of people; lamenting your lack of useful medical knowledge you are about to delve the secrets when the woman’s eyes snap back into focus. A flicker of a smile appears on her face, then her eye caught the small metal box in the road and the energy drained from her; she collapsed beside her friend and uttered a single word.
“Thankyou.” And then it happened…

The feeling of freedom after captivity is impossible to describe, and Artlis’ [2] consciousness was consumed with thoughts of his body; he felt himself dragged back into the house and inside the body. He woke. Feeling oddly refreshed and somehow completely aware of the situation he made his way outside.
“I’ll see if I can move Tom inside.” Oranen and Janette were left with questions unanswered as he disappeared into the growing gloom.
“Glad you could join us again” remarked Charles as Artlis strolled towards him. He attempted to create an air buffer to carry Tom upon but his mind resisted and he felt his energy drain from him as he too collapsed; clearly not ready for arduous mental tasks. A strange, small blue light appeared on his temple…

Johnny [6] was left alone, he could hear muffled voices to his right; the pain had subsided somewhat. He attempted to heal his ruined eyes but could feel that he did not have the power so he plunged deeper and began to experiment. Beginning in the Occipital lobe he navigated the neural pathways and crossed the optic chasm before encountering the damage to the eyeball itself; he began to knit the cells back together as he gained understanding of how to fix more serious wounds; a little bit of daring and experimentation. However, it appears that it will take longer to heal a major wound. A growing, pleasant warmth spreads downwards from his head…

In the room next to Johnny Oranen [2] and Janette discussed the apparent complexities around using abilities.
“This place, it seems to produce some kind of energy field from which we draw our power and then channel it into a specific ability; but gaining the knowledge itself doesn’t seem to stop us losing control and screwing up massively.”
“Well, perhaps we can explore the basis of our power, you know, like learning the basics, then we won’t be groping in the dark all the time.”
With a nod, Oranen began to unravel the elementary theory of sound; unfortunately, the noise of Janette sending things flying next to him prevented him from isolating the base sounds of his environment. Suddenly all was quiet and a peace descended over him…

Janette [4] found no such barriers and immediately found her self in amongst the atoms of the world and discovered how simple it was to give them a little push to start them flying around the room.

As the sun disappeared behind the last building, the town was plunged into inky blackness until lots of little lights began to shine, small and blue, they were attached to each person. Those still standing found their legs weaken as they slipped to the floor and everyone’s eyes began to close; once they were fully prone and asleep the blue light expanded and encased them in a bubble. Tom and Artlis are asleep in the road, 5 houses away from the others; the Gorilla-man and woman are lying near them. Janette and Oranen are asleep in the front room of the house while Johnny is in the hallway.

Spoiler:

Daravel
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:02 pm

Minor: Investigate the other team of super-powered-people. "Hey, can someone that knows Vitakinesis take a look at this lady and at Tom? They both look pretty bad."

Major: Learn proficiency in engineering.

Last edited by bigkahuna on Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Artlis Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:03 pm

Haha I keep falling unconscious.

Artlis
Player
Player

Back to top Go down

Post  Talkal Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:59 pm

"I could try help them, but somebody must take me to them first"

Major - If somebody bring me to the wounded people, heal them, if not heal my leg
Talkal
Talkal
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  ShadoWKilleR Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:25 pm

I believe the next roll will take place in the morning since everyone is asleep and in a cocoon shield thingy, right?
If it is so then:
Authortech lvl.99: What is the situation when we wake up?
ShadoWKilleR
ShadoWKilleR
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  FLAMELASHER Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:34 pm

Train necroshit.
FLAMELASHER
FLAMELASHER
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Daravel Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:52 pm

The metal box is the shield the third member of the group was hiding behind, the two Enforcers then bent it around him (several times) to make a small metal box... You might not want to investigate too much Sad

Artlis, the unconsciousness here was more related to the sleeping effects. I will try and keep you more conscious in future Smile

The situation when you wake up (trying not to give too much away):
Every night, every person in the Facility is sent into a forced sleep and protected by a blue cocoon. In the morning, the cocoons will disapear at the same time for everyone and you will awake feeling perfectly refreshed (although you will wake up a little slower due to you not being used to the effects). Your body also heals quicker in this state. Apart from that, you continue as normal, you will not be moved or changed in any way. There is only one surprise which will explain a few things, but it is not of great importance.

Right now, the whole process will seem a little aribtary for you personally, but it does have uses.

Daravel
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  ShadoWKilleR Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:42 am

"Damn it."
Major> Go to the back yard and resupply my metallic balls ammunition from the dirt using M/E conversion.

Just so you know, the way that you described my proficiency also gives bonus to my Matter conversion power since it controls atoms as well.
ShadoWKilleR
ShadoWKilleR
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Daravel Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:27 am

Yup Smile The proficiencies are meant to be quite broad.
Imagine you have someone who really likes cars, and they always buy Jaguar's and take them apart and modify them etc, you could consider them to be an expert in Jaguar's, but, if they got a different car you would expect them to have a very good understanding of how that one works as well.

Daravel
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  ShadoWKilleR Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:48 pm

Then you don't mind me getting overpowered you say... Your game mechanics will pay for that Twisted Evil
ShadoWKilleR
ShadoWKilleR
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Daravel Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:53 pm

How will you get overpowered?

You are still just as likely to fail, if you roll a 1, it becomes a 2. You also can't do things that are impossible/incredibly complex (i.e. create a blackhole). There are also safeguards in place to prevent anyone becoming insanely strong.

Daravel
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Artlis Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:47 pm

Major: Become proficient in efficient energy use (to prevent knocking myself out all of the time, lol)
Minor: Enjoy my little nap

Artlis
Player
Player

Back to top Go down

Post  Daravel Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:08 pm

You're all waking up at the start of this turn Smile
I'm not sure how useful that'll be as proficiencies come into effect in the actual roll when your action comes under that proficiency. Energy use would apply more as an innate effect (an ability).

Daravel
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:10 pm

Waiting on XxoriginxX (who hasn't been on lately)?

I suggest you carry Talkal over to the wounded as a minor so he can heal them?

Bigkahuna - Minor: Investigate the other team of super-powered-people. "Hey, can someone that knows Vitakinesis take a look at this lady and at Tom? They both look pretty bad."

Major: Learn proficiency in engineering..

Talkal -"I could try help them, but somebody must take me to them first"

Major - If somebody bring me to the wounded people, heal them, if not heal my leg.

Flamelasher - Train necroshit.

Shadowkiller - "Damn it."
Major> Go to the back yard and resupply my metallic balls ammunition from the dirt using M/E conversion.

Artlis - Major: Learn how to control and manage my energy use.

XxoriginxX - ???

Last edited by bigkahuna on Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  ShadoWKilleR Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:47 am

Note for the next battle, when I am using AoE attacks (like flinging TONS of marbles/things at enemies) make sure you post me ABOVE the person who wants to go in there and stab them, ok?
ShadoWKilleR
ShadoWKilleR
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Artlis Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:13 pm

Oh, well then change my major to:
Learn how to control and manage my energy use.

Artlis
Player
Player

Back to top Go down

Post  XxoriginxX Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:10 pm

Take me off the list of players, please. Way too much other stuff going on o be able to manage this as well.
XxoriginxX
XxoriginxX
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Daravel Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:50 pm

its_crunchtime, are you happy to continue origin's character?

Daravel
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:19 pm

I would PM crunchtime, and then go ahead and roll, killing of Oranen this turn (or whatever you plan to do with him).
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  its_crunchtime Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:19 pm

Sorry, but no.... I'm not interested in a character with sonokinesis or whatever.
Just throw me in when it seems feasible to the storyline Very Happy
its_crunchtime
its_crunchtime
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Daravel Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:36 pm

That's fine. I just didn't want to kill a character if I didn't want to. It is actually a little awkward introducing a new character.

I will need to PM crunchtime with the details of their character (and he will roll in this turn). I should be able to roll on Monday.

Daravel
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Daravel Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:49 am

Doublepost!

Flamelasher, is your action to train your ability? I could take it literally you see Wink

Also, as I did not intend for anyone to die I will let you know that the Psychic Link Oranen had would be a good source of information.

Daravel
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next