Novalia Roll 2 Dodge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frogger5's World War R2D

+12
Rulyon
PureCraft
mnewton1
its_crunchtime
PeterPorty
Zerovirus
ShadoWKilleR
FLAMELASHER
Talkal
Bigkahuna
FoolishBalloon
Frogger5
16 posters

Page 2 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 34  Next

Go down

Frogger5's World War R2D - Page 2 Empty Re: Frogger5's World War R2D

Post  Frogger5 Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:40 am

You climb the ladder onto the ship's deck. You can see a bustle of activity everywhere. Stretching away from the ship is a temporary pier, already being taken down. The beach is mostly rocky, and fifty metres from the shore becomes forest. The briefing tent has already been taken down and is being packed onto a lorry, maps are being stuffed into pouches, and the few tanks are being gassed up and lubricated. You can see about ten mobile cannons, being you presume the only allied artillery on the island, save the ship. At the end of the pier, officers are standing by stacks of crates giving out weapons to the last units to leave the ship. Captain Rowlands is standing on the shore giving last minute instructions to units.

A shell lands just thirty metres away from the encampment, soldiers gulp, and hurry the pack up. You've only just stepped off the ship when a sailor casts off the line, and gives the order. The ship hastily leaves the dock, to head away from the island where it can't be hit by enemy artillery.

You walk along the pier, to receive your weapons.

Rolling:

Peter Porty: 5
Your reach the officer handing out weapons, and he hands you a a second hand M1 GARAND that seems to be in good nick with 15 clips (120 rounds), and a Colt Browning model 1950 .45 with 4 magazines (20 rounds). 'I like to use these in close encounters.' notes the officer.
He also gives you three hand grenades.
From reading in the WE, you manage to learn about enough German to convince the lower German office that you are a German soldier. Certainly enough to question a German. Sergeant Reynolds nods in approval. 'I'm glad you took the initiative. It will be rather useful.'

Skills: 2 Technology, 1 German Technology. 3 German language.

Equipment:1 emergency first aid kit. Food for three days. M1 Garand, 15 clips (120 rounds) Colt Browning model, 4 magazines (20 rounds).
3 grenades. Engineering kit. Knife.

Talkal: 3
The officer hands you an old, but freshly repaired and lubricated M1 Garand with 7 clips (56 rounds). He also hands you 8 Grenades.
From reading the WE you learn the basic method of removing bullets, but are unsure if you have the skil, or stomach, to do it in real life.

Skills: 2 Medical. +1 for removing bullets.

Equipment: Medical supplies. Food for three days. M1 Garand, 7 clips (56 rounds) 8 Grenades. Knife.

its_crunchtime: 2
The officer hands you a Browning Automatic Rifle, it looks familiar because you've used it in the past. It is reliable, but less accurate the most. The officer gives you 10 clips (200 rounds) and advises you to save your ammunition, and use your new Webley WG army model revolver, with 40 rounds, when you can. He also hands you a single grenade.
From reading in the WE you find several handy tips for moving unseen. The problem is, they just don't seem to suit your weapons at all.

Skills: 3 strength, +1 stealth when using revolver.

Equipment: 1 Emergency first aid kit. Food for three days. BAR 10 clips (200 rounds) Webley WG army model revolver (50 rounds). 1 Grenade. Knife.

FoolishBalloon: 6
The officer hands you a brand shiny, freshly lubricated, new Springfield sniper's rifle, with 100 rounds. He also hands you a new Colt Browning model, with 8 magazines of powerful .45 rounds (56 rounds) and 5 hand grenades.
From reading in the WE, you discover loads of quick reload and sniping methods that you've never heard of before. By digesting the text and studying your rifle, you manage to improve you reload time, reaction while firing time, and your aiming agility by a significant amount. No only that, but it also helps you to overcome the accuracy issues on your pistol.
Skills: 3 stealth. 4 Marksman.
Rolling in process, do not post

Equipment: 1 emergency first aid kit. Food for three days. Springfield (100 rounds). Colt Browning model 8 magazines (56 rounds) 5 hand grenades. Knife.

Flamelasher: 6
The officer hand you a fresh M1A1 Carbine with 30 clips (450 rounds) 10 charges and ten grenades.
From reading the WE you learn much about the weak spots in German technology.

Skills: 2 minds and body reactions. 4 Effectiveness against German armour and Aircraft.

Equipment: 1 Emergency first aid kit. Food for three days. M1A1 Carbine 30 clips (450 rounds) 10 charges, 10 grenades. Knife.

Bigkahuna: 4
The officer hands you a Thompson SMG that seems in good enough nick, but lacks accuracy, with 20 clips (600 rounds) an old Cold Browning model with 3 magazines (21 rounds) and three cans of pop smoke.
From reading the WE you discover several difficult but achievable covert ops methods.

Skills: 2 self defense tactics, +1 covert operations when using Thompson.

Equipment: 1 emergency first aid kit. Food for three days. Thompson SMG 20 clips (600 rounds) Colt Browning model 3 mahazines (21 rounds) 3 cans of pop smoke. Knife. Radio.

As you walk over to the captain, you talk:

"Sargent, have you received any message from the British team? Is there a chance some of them are still alive in the island? Did they at least report what kind of equipment the German had on the zone?"

"The original british assault disappeared without a peep, but when the SAS went to investigate, they managed to get a message out before they too disappeared, but not without wiping out more than a third of the whole islands personnel. He said in the message that they'd been caught near the centre of the island where we're headed. The British told us that the radio used was not a model used by them, which means he either stole it from a German officer, or broke into a communications room at a permanent German facility. Probably the latter, seeing as their aircraft was shot down by flak in that area. He was about to get into more detail, before the radio was cut off.

"Sargent, do you know how big is the german army stationing on this island?"

"After the British assault, a lot smaller. The Germans arousing this island as a gas station you could say, supplies and men are running through the docks, and only 30% of the enemy personnel on the island are here permanently. Unfortunately, that hasn't stopped them from getting a healthy amount of aircraft, tanks, and artillery on the island. And while those aren't permanent, there is a persistent amount of them on the island."

"Sarg, once we land, how far is it to the docks?"

"This is a roughly rectangular shaped island about 12 miles long. We landed on the exact opposite end to the docks. German artillery and aircraft can reach us pretty much anywhere on the island, which is why we need to move. The last thing we want to be are sitting ducks."

"What about or provisions and supplies?"

"We have enough for three days, I doubt our mission will last any longer than that. You each have an emergency first aid kit for stopping blood and other small bits and bobs."

Bigkahuna begins to take not of supplies and reports it to intelligence in the radio. Your unit then approaches Captain Rowlands:
"Captain, we're ready to go now," says Sergeant Reynolds.
"OK guys, stick together, look after each other, and good luck."
"Alright, guys! Lets move!"

And with that, you head into the forest. The booming of enemy artillery disturbs the silence every few moments. Sergeant Reynolds calls everyone on semi alert.
"It's unlikely that we'l come apon a german patrol just yet, but be ready to run at a moments notice."
You head deeper into the forest, heading for the centre of the island.

You have been walking for about an hour when a shel strikes alarmingly close to your unit.Reynolds frowns.
"It seems that they are suspecting our advance stick together, and move quickly." The artillery continues to pound alarmingly close to your unit. Reynolds begins to sweat slightly.
"It's exactly how I thought it would be, first they'l try to flatten us with their artillery, then they'l stop that and send out their patrols to clean up. We need to be as close to the centre of the island as possible, save the centre itself, when that happens! MOVE!"

Turns are no longer ruled by events. Good luck. Very Happy

Last edited by Frogger5 on Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:00 am; edited 4 times in total
Frogger5
Frogger5
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  FLAMELASHER Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:07 am

Minor: Run somewhere I can see the artillery from
Major: Hurl a grenade at the artillery
FLAMELASHER
FLAMELASHER
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:21 am

I'm counting this as covert ops - would that be fine?

Minor: Brandish my Thompson and Take flamelasher or crunchtime (in order of preference - I need explosives) and whoever else will come.
Major: Stealthily do a covert ops to take out the artillery.

Last edited by bigkahuna on Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  FLAMELASHER Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:24 am

Minor: Follow bigkahuna
Major: Plant a charge near the artillery
FLAMELASHER
FLAMELASHER
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  FoolishBalloon Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:05 am

Major - Try to eleminate some people using the artillery. Also read in the WE and try to improve my stealthskills.
Minor - Put my gun (not sniper), knife and grenades in my belt so I can easliy and fast pick them up.

Edit: Got an idea: make Inventory and skills in italic, it'll be easier to find that part, cu it does otherwise easy blend in to the rest of the text. Or make it in bold.

Edit2: What does the skills make? Do they affect the rolls number, like SniperShooting=+2 in the roll?? Or how does the skills affct the game?
FoolishBalloon
FoolishBalloon
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

http://www.spelochfiske.se

Back to top Go down

Post  Talkal Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:07 pm

Major - Get cover
Minor - Learn about treating broken bones
Talkal
Talkal
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterPorty Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:18 pm

Minor: Go with Bighakuna and FLAMELASHER following them blindly, while locating the enemy artillery.
Major: Research in the WE how to sneak up on people and improve my stealth.
PeterPorty
PeterPorty
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  FoolishBalloon Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:31 pm

PeterPorty, ur an engineer, isn't it smarter if u try to learn how to use enemy artillery, I and some other can maybe clean up an artillery piece and let u use it to kill a lot of enemies Smile
FoolishBalloon
FoolishBalloon
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  FLAMELASHER Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:35 pm

I think I would be better with artillery...

FLAMELASHER
FLAMELASHER
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  FoolishBalloon Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:38 pm

Oh, yeah, sry i missed that we had an bang booom in our team Wink I can try to clean up an artillery piece if u use the WE to know how to use it. If u do that i'll change my action and get better with my sniper this round so u can use the arty in soon rolls. U on with that? Smile
FoolishBalloon
FoolishBalloon
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterPorty Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:42 pm

I already know the basics of the enemy tech, but if I manage to sneak to places without being seen, I can probably disable traps/open doors/take out turrets by combining both skills. ^_^
PeterPorty
PeterPorty
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  FoolishBalloon Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:51 pm

YEah, that would be cool too.
I'll change my action btw:

Mayor - Research further in the WE to get ultrafast on both reloading and shooting and better accuracy. Also read about hiding tecniques so i can hide from the germans better.

Minor - Ask PeterPorty if he can install a magasine on my sniper so I can fire more shots without reloading (+2 shots maybe?)
FoolishBalloon
FoolishBalloon
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  FLAMELASHER Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:51 pm

Minor: Get ready to man the artillery when the crew is killed.
Major: Research explosives in more detail.
FLAMELASHER
FLAMELASHER
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterPorty Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:59 pm

Only crunchtime missing.
PeterPorty
PeterPorty
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  FoolishBalloon Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:05 pm

Hmm, I do reaally have a feeling that the ship that will pick us up is going to sink.. Next roll it would be good if some1 tried to get hunterskills so we can kill animals and get food. Or we could simply be cannibals and eat the Germans ;P
FoolishBalloon
FoolishBalloon
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Talkal Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:27 pm

I wanted to learn hunting after learning the most important things in my profesion.
Talkal
Talkal
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  FoolishBalloon Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:38 pm

That's good Smile
FoolishBalloon
FoolishBalloon
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterPorty Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:39 pm

I think if we torture them enough, we can get a couple of Germans on our side... ^_^

Maybe someone could learn torture, both physical and psychological... ^_^ (Or interrogation techniques, for that matter.)

Last edited by PeterPorty on Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
PeterPorty
PeterPorty
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  FLAMELASHER Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:42 pm

That'll inspire loyalty...
FLAMELASHER
FLAMELASHER
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:31 pm

PeterPorty wrote:I think if we torture them enough, we can get a couple of Germans on our side... ^_^
I generally enjoy employing "good guy" tactics. Anyway I think interrogation would be a good place to start. If we're able to take the artillery down we can take a couple of captives I suppose.
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  its_crunchtime Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:55 pm

Major:Store away my Browning (wherever that goes, on my back, I guess?), take out and load my Webley, and sneak into the brush with my sneaking skill, flanking and covering Bighakuna and Flamelasher.
Minor: Keep an eye out for wildlife/ germans

Last edited by its_crunchtime on Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:51 am; edited 1 time in total
its_crunchtime
its_crunchtime
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterPorty Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:31 am

bigkahuna wrote:
PeterPorty wrote:I think if we torture them enough, we can get a couple of Germans on our side... ^_^
I generally enjoy employing "good guy" tactics. Anyway I think interrogation would be a good place to start. If we're able to take the artillery down we can take a couple of captives I suppose.

You'll be good cop, I'll be bad cop. ^_^
PeterPorty
PeterPorty
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Frogger5 Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:33 am

Mad Havent you guys been listening? All the islands enemy artillery is in a battery in the middle of the island. It's no where near your position. I'm sure I explained it. Sorry, but you'l have to post your actions again.

Ignore that, my mistake Shocked But please read below for future reference. Very Happy

Last edited by Frogger5 on Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Frogger5
Frogger5
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterPorty Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:35 am

When I say "locate artillery" I mean as in... Just check where the bullets are coming from.
PeterPorty
PeterPorty
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Frogger5 Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:36 am

And note to flamelasher. If you want to change your action, please edit your original post.

Edit: OK I think i can still roll, but ill just clarify in case people are confused. When I say artillery, I mean shells. Not bullets. And as Sergeant Reynolds said,
"All enemy artillery comes from a battery way away from where you are. You wont have a chance to take out the artillery for a while. Right now, your mission is to head to the centre of the island to investigate and take out patrols."

In the future, please read the events. As i said at the start, they are important you you surviving the game.
Frogger5
Frogger5
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 34  Next