Novalia Roll 2 Dodge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frogger5's World War R2D

+12
Rulyon
PureCraft
mnewton1
its_crunchtime
PeterPorty
Zerovirus
ShadoWKilleR
FLAMELASHER
Talkal
Bigkahuna
FoolishBalloon
Frogger5
16 posters

Page 3 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18 ... 34  Next

Go down

Frogger5's World War R2D - Page 3 Empty Re: Frogger5's World War R2D

Post  its_crunchtime Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:51 am

My actions still fine, right? I'm not going after artillery, I'm just covering my teammates.
its_crunchtime
its_crunchtime
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Frogger5 Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:51 am

its_crunchtime wrote:My actions still fine, right? I'm not going after artillery, I'm just covering my teammates.

Yes. All actions are fine. Very Happy Rolling now. People have the next 20-30 mins to change their actions.
Frogger5
Frogger5
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Frogger5 Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:21 am

Bigkahuna: 4

You manage to gather some of your comerades together, but then Reynolds reminds you that, "All enemy artillery is coming from a battery miles from here!" yelling over the noise, "Once we scout the centre of the island, we will be able to assault the battery, but for now, just stick together, and don't die!"

Skills: 2 self defense tactics, +1 covert operations when using Thompson.

Equipment: 1 emergency first aid kit. Food for three days. Thompson SMG 20 clips (600 rounds) Colt Browning model 3 mahazines (21 rounds) 3 cans of pop smoke. Knife. Radio.

Foolishballoon: 3

You try to read while running, everything your looking for is written there on the page, but a shell strikes just a couple of metres from you throwing you to the ground. Sergeant Reynolds picks you up, and you both run to catch up with the unit.
Peter porty can barely hear you over the noise, but eventually you get the point across. He talks you he can't do it now, but will try later. (If Peter porty agrees to do the action).

Skills: 3 stealth. 4 Marksman.

Equipment: 1 emergency first aid kit. Food for three days. Springfield (100 rounds). Colt Browning model 8 magazines (56 rounds) 5 hand grenades. Knife

Talkal: 6

Your moving dangerously far away from the rest of your unit, but you find a series of Boulders which cover you for the duration of the artillery strike.
It seems you have a natural talent for reading while running. You find methods for healing broken bones that are detailed enough to be ready at pretty much every situation that demands it.

Skills: 2 Medical. +1 for removing bullets. +5 for healing broken bones.

Equipment: Medical supplies. Food for three days. M1 Garand, 7 clips (56 rounds) 8 Grenades. Knife.

its_crunchtime: 6

Your follow Bigkahuna and flamelasher, lucky you did too. You prevent them from being pulverised by the artillery.
Your keep on the lookout for any hostiles, you must have done a good job, because none turn up during the strike. Sergeant Reynolds sees what your doing and sighs in relief.

Skills: 3 strength, +1 stealth when using revolver. Temporary skill: On the lookout, Awareness of enemy increased by 3 for the next turn.

Equipment: 1 Emergency first aid kit. Food for three days. BAR 10 clips (200 rounds) Webley WG army model revolver (50 rounds). 1 Grenade. Knife.

Peter porty: 4

You follow the other two blindly, and nearly suffer for it. Luckily, its_crunchtime was there on time to stop you from being killed.
All that you manage to decipher from the WE, are some tips on sneaking up on people, and killing without being seen. Putting them into practise will be even more difficult.

Skills: 2 Technology, 1 German Technology. 3 German language. 2 Ability to silent kill when using knife, or silenced Colt.

Equipment:1 emergency first aid kit. Food for three days. M1 Garand, 15 clips (120 rounds) Colt Browning model, 4 magazines (20 rounds).
3 grenades. Engineering kit. Knife.

Flamelasher: 5

You run to the top of a hill, where you can see a series of smoke trails coming from a clearing miles away. Reynolds was right, the battery will have to wait. In anger you hurl a grenade as far as you can, luckily, you forgot to pull the pin out, so it doesnt blow. Reynolds shakes his head at your stupidity at wasting a grenade, and Bigkahuna arrives with Flamelasher and beckons you off the hill.

Skills: 2 minds and body reactions. 4 Effectiveness against German armour and Aircraft.

Equipment: 1 Emergency first aid kit. Food for three days. M1A1 Carbine 30 clips (450 rounds) 10 charges, 9 grenades. Knife.

Events:
After what feels like hours of running, the artillery stops. Reynolds pulls you all to a stop and gathers you around.
"Field officer, we need to contact intel, and keep them updated on events, that way if we need their help, they can give it too us- hey, its_crunchtime, what are you-?" Its crunchtime is silently signaling to eveyone, and pointing. Sergeant Reynolds nods, and Readies his Thompson.
"It looks like the facility in the centre of the island has sent out some patrols, we got one coming this way. Stay low, and quiet, until they're in range."

@Foolishballoon: What does the skills make? Do they affect the rolls number, like SniperShooting=+2 in the roll?? Or how does the skills affct the game?

Weather or not the skill applies to the turn will be decided by me. The number, gives that aspect of your action a plus to your roll.

Last edited by Frogger5 on Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Frogger5
Frogger5
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterPorty Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:46 am

Major: Research the WE for tips on accuracy and sniping to use with my Garand.
Minor: Prepare the Garand while going down and hiding in tall grass/big rocks/whatever I can find, and aiming at the enemies.

Last edited by PeterPorty on Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:00 am; edited 1 time in total
PeterPorty
PeterPorty
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  its_crunchtime Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:22 am

Do rolls work so that the higher the number you get is, the better?

Major: Consult the WES on how to accurately fire revolvers/pistols
Minor: Take cover in a good hiding spot where I can see approaching patrols
its_crunchtime
its_crunchtime
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  FLAMELASHER Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:24 am

WTF? I roll a 5 but lose a grenade? Anyway, I changed my action to:

FLAMELASHER wrote:Minor: Get ready to man the artillery when the crew is killed.
Major: Research explosives in more detail.
FLAMELASHER
FLAMELASHER
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Frogger5 Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:46 am

You rally can't blame me for making that mistake, you posted a different action several times. I'll change the roll to suit your new action tomorrow, but for now, I'm going to bed.
Frogger5
Frogger5
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  FoolishBalloon Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:14 am

Ok, here I am!
Major - Ready my sniper and eleminate any enemy on sight after i've stealthed myself with the surroundings. Make it as quite as possible.
Minor - Loot the dead Germans.

Peter, can u try to learn how to improve our weapons? That would be really usefull!
FoolishBalloon
FoolishBalloon
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

http://www.spelochfiske.se

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:43 am

1. There are no dead Germans, they are miles away.
2. Flamelasher lost a grenade with a [5] because if he had not lost it, it would have blown up in our faces and/or alerted all of the enemies to our exact location.
3. Our best bet is to stay alive, get to the center of the island, get things under control, and then go to the artillery.

Minor: Do an army crawl into the best cover I can.
Major: Research marksmanship.

Last edited by bigkahuna on Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  FoolishBalloon Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:50 am

a German patrol was on their way to us. I meant them.
FoolishBalloon
FoolishBalloon
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterPorty Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:45 am

I have 2 in tech; I would assume I can already improve your weapons, but I don't think right now is the time to do it...
PeterPorty
PeterPorty
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  FoolishBalloon Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:52 am

ok, that's good. but a semi-aoutomatic sniper would really be badass Wink
FoolishBalloon
FoolishBalloon
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Talkal Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:52 pm

Major - Hide somewhere and ready my M1 Garand
Minor - Read about the weakspots of human body

I like the idea of torturing those germans Twisted Evil (of course for informations, not for pleasure Wink )
Talkal
Talkal
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  FoolishBalloon Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:29 pm

I dunno, but i ot a feeling that using the WE is counted as a major action. Btw, aim for head or heart. If u wanna torture, cut off his fingers one by one and shoot him in the hand. Also cut off their ears, those stuff will hurt like h*ll Razz Oh, btw when we fight, let's make sure to spare ones life and get all possible info from him before killing him Wink
FoolishBalloon
FoolishBalloon
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Frogger5 Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:42 pm

Your discussions are amusing. Smile

Waiting on Flamelasher. Ok you can keep your grenade until you use it again.
I hope to be rolling this afternoon.

Talkal, I'm gonna switch you minor and major around to fit in the rules better if thats ok with you.
Frogger5
Frogger5
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  FLAMELASHER Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:51 pm

Major: Read about how to blow stuff up better.
Minor: Ready my grenades.
FLAMELASHER
FLAMELASHER
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:07 pm

Changed my action.
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Frogger5 Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:01 am

Rolling in about 40 mins. Very Happy Yay! Now things are going to get fun! Twisted Evil

Edit: Rolling now
Frogger5
Frogger5
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Frogger5 Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:39 am

its_crunchtime: 4 (ruled by events Twisted Evil (evil gammaster look)
You manage to find some poor cover, closest to the enemy, but it'l do for now. You quickly read up on marksmanship, and manage to find some tips. No sooner do you do that, when When eight Germans burst fourth and open fire with bolt action rifles, and MP40's. You fire your revolver at the German nearest to you with an MP40, he falls to the ground in pain, you reach for your BAR but then the German beside him notices you, and shoots you in the leg with his rifle. You fall to the ground and cry out in pain. Two Germans rush over, ducking under the crossfire, lift you under the armpits, and drag you away. To helpless in pain to stop them, they drag you until the gunfire sunds distant, and search you, taking all you equipment except your food. They look at your WE trying to figure out what it is. Then one of them laughs and shoves it into your hands, thinking its a bible. They both mutter some words a chuckle a little, then picking you up again, thay drag you away, heading for the centre of the island.

Skills: 3 strength, +1 stealth when using revolver. 1 Marksmanship. Injured and captured: -3 for everything, -5 for walking.

Equipment: WE. Food for three days.

Flamelasher: 4
You quickly flip through the pages of the WE and find a few specifics on using your charges. You don't have time to read further, because eight Germans appear, and open fire. You hurl a grenade into their midst. It blows injuring one German, and killing another. You throw another, this time the target sees it, and throws it back. It blows in midair, a piece of shrapnel slashing the German's cheek open.
You return fire with your M1A1 Carbine, and eventually you and the rest of your unit take down the remaining Germans. It is not until then, that you realise its_crunchtime is missing.

Skills: 2 minds and body reactions. 4 Effectiveness against German armour and Aircraft. 2 explosive effectiveness.

Equipment: 1 Emergency first aid kit. Food for three days. M1A1 Carbine 28 clips (420 rounds) 10 charges, 7 grenades. Knife.

Bigkahuna: 6

You research marksmanship to a great result. With these new tips, you can become very effective with your pistol, and even slightly better with your Thompson. You then army crawl to some nice thick bushes and a good high thick rock. The Germans arrive, and you immediatly stand up and let rip with your Thompson, forcing the Germans to cover allowing Sergeant Reynolds and Peter porty to take out one German each. You then see its_crunchtime get hit by s shot and get dragged away by two germans. You consider firing at them, but decide it's too dangerous. Luckily, Sergeant Reynolds also noticed. You manage to help the other take out the remaining Germans, but by the time you do, its_crunchtime is out of sight.

Skills: 2 self defense tactics, +1 covert operations when using Colt (I know I said Thompson before, but I meant to say Colt sorry).

Equipment: 1 emergency first aid kit. Food for three days. Thompson SMG 18 clips (540 rounds) Colt Browning model 3 mahazines (21 rounds) 3 cans of pop smoke. Knife. Radio.

Foolishballoon: 2

Your rifle is ready, but your too busy racing around looking for cover to fire it. Your still looking when the Germans arrive and open fire. You hit the dirt, still managing to survive, then you see a patch of long grass and lunge for it. Suddenly, a grenade is in the air in front of you and explodes. A German cop some of it, but a piece of shrapnel embeds itself in your shoulder preventing you from re emerging and firing. So, you lie in pain, and wait until the firing stops, then you go and search the dead bodies. You find: 2 MP 40s, 1 Luger pistol, 4 Karbiner bolt action rifles. None have very much ammunition at all. The uniforms are torn, but fixable, although a bit bloody. You also find identifications for six of the Germans, all but two are too bloodstained for use. Wait on, you realise, only six Germans? You were attacked by five! Then you realise its_crunchtime is missing.

Skills: 3 stealth. 4 Marksman. Shoulder injury, -1 for non preferred hand use.

Equipment: 1 emergency first aid kit. Food for three days. Springfield (100 rounds). Colt Browning model 8 magazines (56 rounds) 5 hand grenades. Knife

Peter porty: 6

You look up marksmanship in the WE and realise what you've been doing wrong all this time. Now your accuracy has improved a commendable amount on your Garand, and even a bit better on you Pistol. You find a perfect source of cover: a tall rock with a dent to insert your rifle, and log across the top protecting your head. You would fire straight off, but your distracted by the disappearance of its_crunchtime. The other do a good job on the Germans, and the remaining German is yours.

Skills: 2 Technology, 1 German Technology. 3 German language. 2 Ability to silent kill when using knife, or silenced Colt. Marksmanship 2 (When using M1 Garand.

Equipment:1 emergency first aid kit. Food for three days. M1 Garand, 15 clips but (118 rounds) Colt Browning model, 4 magazines (20 rounds).
3 grenades. Engineering kit. Knife.

Talkal: 3

You manage to find the right section in the WE, but the noise is so loud, you cant digest it properly.
You then realise that your cover is adequate to protect you, but there is no safe place to fire from.
(I DID actually write up your roll, but for some reason, it didn't copy probably and so didn't show in the post.)

Skills: 2 Medical. +1 for removing bullets. +5 for healing broken bones.

Equipment: Medical supplies. Food for three days. M1 Garand, 7 clips (56 rounds) 8 Grenades. Knife.

Events:
Reynolds voice rings out; "Everyone gather around!"
"Sarg!" says Peter porty, "they have its_crunchtime! They're taking him to the facility in the middle of the island!"
"I know, and I plan to go after him. Medic! Patch up Foolishballoon as we go! Field officer! This is why you need to report in to intel, that way they can keep track of us, and help up when needed, do it now!"
(When you report in, an intel alert skill appears, which is how effective intel can be at your current position. It is not done automatically, it has to be done in your action. Using minor or major actions for this will make it more effective respectively.)

"Now lets head off! We have a support gunner to rescue!"

Last edited by Frogger5 on Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:54 pm; edited 7 times in total
Frogger5
Frogger5
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterPorty Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:44 am

Please edit your post for things like "Rolling soon" - "Rolling now" in the future, I'll edit it myself this time.
Edit: Shouldn't I be getting a skill of marksmanship / accuracy? Just saying...
Edit2: Minor: Take the clothes of one of the German soldiers and wear it.
Major: Loot all the bodies completely, taking weapons, ammo, tools, grenades; anything FB didn't take, and ask if he could give me one of the weapons; he doesn't really need 4 rifles plus several pistols. Also take one of the IDs.

Last edited by PeterPorty on Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
PeterPorty
PeterPorty
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  its_crunchtime Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:15 am

More than just a support gunner. You lost your.... Martial Arts expert.
Time to go all "Lone Wolf" style

Major: Read my WE (Because I can do that while being dragged!) about quickly and gruesomely killing people with my bare hands.
Minor: Chuckle to myself evilly while reading and put on some cool shades.

Yeah. This just got real.

I like that my character is such a boss that he has no penalty for being shot in the leg.
its_crunchtime
its_crunchtime
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Frogger5 Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:22 am

its_crunchtime wrote:

More than just a support gunner. You lost your.... Martial Arts expert.
Time to go all "Lone Wolf" style

Major: Read my WE (Because I can do that while being dragged!) about quickly and gruesomely killing people with my bare hands.
Minor: Chuckle to myself evilly while reading and put on some cool shades.

Yeah. This just got real.

I like that my character is such a boss that he has no penalty for being shot in the leg.

Shoot thanks for reminding me.

Edit: Hopefully that wont discourage you too much Very Happy Look on the bright side, this way, you have a one way ticket to the mystery facility.
Frogger5
Frogger5
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:53 am

Major: Report to base/intel: "Fox Delta 9, we are at Code Orange. We've been attacked by an ambushing patrol and crunchtime has been taken. Heading out to the facility in the center of the island. Do we have any intel?"
Sorry if this is inadequate, I don't watch/read many army-style books/movies Wink

Minor: Dodge and Weave with the rest of my group towards the center of the island, keeping out of sight and hopefully following crunchtime.

Crunchtime - EPIC Wink

Peter - You know German and have German IDs and Uniforms... Want to be our undercover guy?
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  FLAMELASHER Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:07 am

Minor: Follow others.
Major: Read about shrapnel
FLAMELASHER
FLAMELASHER
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  FoolishBalloon Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:43 am

Ouch, that hurt. But I looted them, shouldnt i have their weapons now? Plz fix it.

Major - use my undamaged hand to read in the WE to get one with my sniper. (Getting better)
Minor - Eat a small portion of my food (it's necessary for me too heal faster.) Dont use my damaged arm, and be still so It's easier to heal me. If I got their equipment, share it with my mates and take some Sniperbullets if there are

Only Talkal left. Plz heal me, u are good at removing bullets Smile

FoolishBalloon
FoolishBalloon
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18 ... 34  Next