Novalia Roll 2 Dodge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roll to Survive: The Gods Are Not Present Here

+4
Rulyon
Bigkahuna
Saima
Zerovirus
8 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Roll to Survive: The Gods Are Not Present Here Empty Roll to Survive: The Gods Are Not Present Here

Post  Zerovirus Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:57 pm

From the author of the hit R2D, Prismpunk, where the name of the game is creativity and awesome...

Comes a horrible hellhole of a game unlike any other ever seen before. It is a land of depravity. It is a place of terror. You will be flung into your worst nightmare, and there will be no redemption. Nothing awaits you but the bliss of an eternity under the cold, packed earth- and even then, you will not survive.

The Gods Are Not Present Here.

Players:
1: Saima
2: Bigkahuna
3: FLAMELASHER
4: Rulyon
5. FoolishBalloon

Backstory:

Gameplay:

How to Sign Up:

This may last for a really long time. This may not last long at all. We'll see how it works out. This won't be quite as detailed or intensive as Prismpunk; rather, it is a lighter form of entertainment. I fully expect that anyone can just jump in without having to read a ton of backstory or gameplay systems. This will definitely be a somewhat slapstick game. The only similarity this will share with Prismpunk will probably be a level of ridiculousness beyond anything you have ever seen.

For there are no Gods here. I am your God.

Welcome to Hell.

Last edited by Zerovirus on Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:32 pm; edited 6 times in total
Zerovirus
Zerovirus
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

http://forums.wesnoth.org

Back to top Go down

Roll to Survive: The Gods Are Not Present Here Empty Re: Roll to Survive: The Gods Are Not Present Here

Post  Saima Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:06 pm

Edit: I reposted this in a few posts

Last edited by Saima on Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:07 am; edited 4 times in total
Saima
Saima
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Roll to Survive: The Gods Are Not Present Here Empty Re: Roll to Survive: The Gods Are Not Present Here

Post  Zerovirus Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:07 pm

Totally acceptable!

MAJOR EDIT: I removed a requirement for a character name. You'll be going by your forum account names in this (not-too-serious) game.
Zerovirus
Zerovirus
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:15 pm

Richland? Assholia? Really?

I'll try this out... If you don't mind me being in both of your games, that is.

Inventory:

•Ridiculously opulent halberd: the blade itself is made out of red gold and encrusted with emeralds. The handle is made from the teeth of the extremely rare Albino Spider; they're two inches long and have only two teeth. Yeah, it took a long time to make this. The outside is half-gilded in spirals of rubies laid in strips.

•All of my armour is coated with glittering spacedust from the neighboring moon.

•Boots made of platypus feet and covered in gold leaf.

•Rope made out of the silk of the, again, rare Albino Spider. Same spiders used to make the halberd. In the process of making these two items, the Albino Spider was driven to extinction.

•Canteen made of eel skin and re-inforced with titanium for no apparent reason.

•Two throwing knives made of... steel. Nothing special, but they're painted blue.

•A heavy, vellum map of the known world.

•A compass. The outside of it is made entirely of the pointy ends of toothpicks, sealed together with dried pineapple juice. The rest is made of iron and such -- just a normal compass.

Weapons Proficiency: Halberd
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Zerovirus Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:16 pm

Laughing
This is the kind of inventory I want to see from people! I think I cracked up 3 or 4 times reading that. Great work, Bigkahuna- you're accepted!
Zerovirus
Zerovirus
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Rulyon Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:17 am

•Flanged Mace of Mother Nature's Tears. The shaft is made of pickled fish-lips encased in diamond resin hardened in a paper-burning forge for six weeks. The weighted head is composed of compressed unicorn hooves...compressed by being sat upon by gestational elephants in labor. The flanges are alligator bones, left rear pinky toe only, powdered and also mixed in diamond resin. The entire shebang is then encased in Titanium, gold plated, then encrusted with alternating Sapphires, Peridots, Emeralds, and Rubies.

•Lonbow Made of Birch Injected with Liquid Silver and a String of Finely-Woven Gold and Platinum Thread Strung with Pearls.

•Arrows Made of Redwood with Obsidian Arrowheads and Rare Pygmy Mockingbird Eyebrow Feathers.

•Canteen of Silk Woven so Tightly As To Obtain Water-Proof Threadcount, Capped with a Stopper Made of Rubber Made From the Sap of The Tree of Eternal Life.

•Golden Sextant with Lenses of Crystal-Clear Diamonds Carved By Trained Spider Monkies.

•Common Yo-Yo of "No Visible-Purpose" Containing a Finely-Crafted Miniature Music Box That Plays a Random Song from a Selection Which Includes (But Certainly Not Limited To) Happy Birthday, The Funeral March, Beethoven's Fifth and Ninth Symphonies, Baby Got Back, Devil Went Down to Georgia, and a B Sharp Arpeggio When "Yo'd".

•Brass Knuckles, Except They're Made Of Solid Emerald and They Are Claws, Sharpened With Freshly Caught Sharkskin Hides.

Weapon Proficiency: Longbow

Last edited by Rulyon on Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rulyon
Rulyon
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  FLAMELASHER Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:02 am

Inventory:
Emerald Armour encrusted with gold trim, and mithril chainmail holds the parts together and a wingbeat unicorn fur underlayer keeps it comfortable
Emerald Full Helmet with a large slot to see through, encrusted with gold trim and a wingbeat unicorn fur underlayer to keep it comfortable
Gold-hilted jagged dragonclaw sword covered in goldium, it has wrapped Wingbeat Unicorn fur around where it is held for extra comfort
Emerald shield encrusted with gold dragon patterns with ruby eyes, with the inside and handle cover made of wingbeat unicorn fur and the handle's inside is emerald.
Golden scabbard encrusted with emerald dragon patterns with ruby eyes
Wingbeat unicorn fur belt, with leather from the mythical abt-size red cow of blackwing island (most dangerous non-assholia place on planet) for the inside a slot where I tie on my scabbard
Wingbeat Unicorn skin backpack covered in emeralds to make it look like armor, and encrusted with gold trim, that contains:
12ft woven gold and emerald rope with a dragonclaw hook tied onto the end by dragon heartstrings
10 slices of steak taken from Wingbeat Unicorn (that are virtually weightless) and coated in the wine
10 diamond bottles of finest wine, made of grapes from the heavens and with emerald names on the bottles
Wingbeat Unicorn fur blanket with an inside made of finest wool to keep out the heat, it is worn as a cape when not in my tent
Wingbeat Unicorn fur pillow stuffed with finest feathers
Diamond steak knife with emerald dragon adorning the handle that have ruby eyes
Diamond fork with the above pattern
Diamond spoon with the above pattern
Flint and steel covered in ashes and heated in dragonbreath to make the ultimate fire
Weapons Proficiency:
Sword and Shield

Crazy enough? (BTW, the Wingbeat Unicorn's population was halved making my inventory)

Last edited by FLAMELASHER on Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:43 pm; edited 3 times in total
FLAMELASHER
FLAMELASHER
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  FoolishBalloon Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:15 am

I'm on. Wanna secure this place, so inventory in a sec Very Happy

Inventory
Backpack made of diamond cloth (Diamonds are crushed to dust, then corroged by Rubyuim Acid. After that does the gas be gathered in a golden bottle where it after a time condenses to Diamond strings that the best diamondclothmakers on the Earth (and Mars) makes into a cloth. Then, the best backpackmakers in the world makes a backpack of it) full off:

Liquid platinum that has been made drinkable and kept very cold so it is good to drink.

Shield made by Ruby-Shields crushed to pieces and then forged together with Diamond Glue.

Sword made from sharpened Tiger Fangs.

Crossbow of Dragon Scales reinfroced by Silver Threads

100 Golden arrows with sharpened Spider Teeth. The arrows are foldable, so they are only 1 inch big each until I fold them out. The Spider teeth are hollow and filled with Richland Poison, the most dangerous poison in the world.

10 meters of rope made by 98765 years old mumies nails and reinforced by solid sea.

50 kg Gunpowder made by dead soldiers eyes that are ripped out and dried, then crushed in a bottle of Mithril until only dust is left. That dust is put in Rubyion Acid and when the both things touch each other does a kind of cream creates. That cream will be mixed with Platinum Strawberries and then together dried and lastly crused to powder.

Best weapon or whatever it was called, I don't remember ^^
My ultimate crossbow

Enough fantasy? Very Happy

Last edited by FoolishBalloon on Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
FoolishBalloon
FoolishBalloon
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

http://www.spelochfiske.se

Back to top Go down

Post  johnratchet3 Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:39 am

May I join this madness? Been laughing my face off from the inventories alone... I realise I'm 5th here so it's no probs if you don't have the time.

EDIT: Flame, how many unicorns have died for you already? Sad

Last edited by johnratchet3 on Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:44 am; edited 1 time in total
johnratchet3
johnratchet3
Experienced Player
Experienced Player

Back to top Go down

Post  Saima Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:42 am

Hey foolish. Unfortunately, I think we already have 4 players. (I joined on the first post, and am re-writing it here) I could be wrong, however.

I see that my inventory is well outclassed by the others in many terms, so I'll be re-writing it here.

Inventory:

• Breastplate

This incredible creation was first designed by head seamstress Quarron. It is made out of pressed Ilantinos (a very rare ore, royal purple when smelted)) and lined with plucked koala hairs, making it not too hot, while maintaining a level of comfort on the battlefield.

• Rope

This rope is made out of the hair from several gnomes. Oh, did I mention they were hairless gnomes? And the rope was crafted by baby crocodiles, albino baby crocodiles.

• Helmet

This helmet is made out of 10 and a half bars of infinite +1 steel, from a magical smithy. This magical smithy creates one bar of infinite 1+ steel each decade, which are treasured and loved through generations. You ransacked their stores, and stole the 10 bars available. Don't ask how they got the last half of a bar.

• Throwing knives (x5)

These knives are made out of pure obsidian, which was mined from the bowels of the earth by 1000 monkeys in a small, confined room, with no pickaxes.

• Pants

Woven from the finest cotton (who says silk is rare on this planet? Wink) and re-enforced with Ilantinos, these pants show off royal purple and gold colors. Adorning them are hand-woven embroideries of my face, as they were specially designed for me.

• A small hat

It is very pretty.

• Drinks

A full bottle of "Ye Olde Mineral Water", 1 miniature bottle of rum, 2 red cans of a yet un-named popular cola.

• Bracelet

Made out of a blend of emerald and silver, with "Gozmadia Relphon Somphi" engraved in it. What that means, nobody knows.

• Boots

Made out of sheep bones, and lined with sheep wool. The bones are taken from baby albino black sheep, and crushed into a fine powder. That powder is then blast-heated in a similar process as glass is made. Once shaped, it shines a spectacular eggshell white.

• Apple

In case I get hungry

I may add a little more in a while, before the plot starts.

Weapon proficiency: Thrown objects

Edit: Added some more items

Last edited by Saima on Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:57 pm; edited 4 times in total
Saima
Saima
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Zerovirus Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:35 pm

Rulyon: Most of that works, but there's no magic in this game so there's no "tree of eternal life" if you're hoping for magical abilities. Same goes for your enchanted yo-yo.

FLAMELASHER: You have way too much stuff- maybe cut out a third of your weight. Steak and stuff is heavy in large amounts- not to mention that precious metals are poisonous when consumed.

Foolish: I doubt the whole "ripping out leg bone of king" would work. That's a level of opulence even greater than what I'm defining in this setting. 100 million arrows (the whole Goldium poison thing is rather ridiculous in terms of gameplay balance) and 100 meters of rope would be way too heavy to carry on your person, not to mention that there's no gunpowder in this setting- no guns or cannons, siege weapons are ballistas and catapults only at this point.

Saima: I think I liked your previous version of an itemlist better. You seem to be starting to bend into powergaming territories with the magical throwing knives what magically transform things into gold. Also note that despite your quantifying statements, your +1 helmet will not actually give you a +1 bonus for rolls Razz

As a general guide, you want basically a normal adventurer's equipment set except with ridiculously-decorated descriptions. Items won't be any more effective if they're covered in gold leaf and moonsnake-skin than if they're just normal bows. In other words, the opulence is for fluff, not actual gameplay bonuses. And whatever you do, you do NOT want to eat gold dust. Remember there's no magic either.
Zerovirus
Zerovirus
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  FoolishBalloon Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:53 pm

updated
FoolishBalloon
FoolishBalloon
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

http://www.spelochfiske.se

Back to top Go down

Post  FLAMELASHER Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:54 pm

Halved my wine and steak and made the steak from a weightless animal, and added a new way of carrying my cape.
FLAMELASHER
FLAMELASHER
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Saima Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:23 pm

Updated my inventory. Sorry, I got a little overzealous with the creative process Very Happy

Yes, I know the +1 wouldn't work, it's just for flavor.

When will the game start?
Saima
Saima
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  FLAMELASHER Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:37 pm

johnratchet3 wrote:May I join this madness? Been laughing my face off from the inventories alone... I realise I'm 5th here so it's no probs if you don't have the time.

EDIT: Flame, how many unicorns have died for you already? Sad

Roughly 50 for my Inventory, but another 50 for my stuff at home.
FLAMELASHER
FLAMELASHER
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Zerovirus Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:44 pm

FLAMELASHER wrote:Halved my wine and steak and made the steak from a weightless animal, and added a new way of carrying my cape.

...I don't think you quite understood me when I said that this setting was Low-Fantasy, No-Magic, and Realistic.
Zerovirus
Zerovirus
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  FLAMELASHER Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:49 pm

Mostly weightless. Very light.
FLAMELASHER
FLAMELASHER
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Rulyon Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:12 pm

The Tree if Life was named opulently, not for magical properties. Sybolically similar to The White Tree of Gondor in Middle Earth. I hadn't I tended any bonuses. I'll change my "enchanted yo-yo" to one containing a finely crafted miniature music box.
Rulyon
Rulyon
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Zerovirus Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:19 pm

FLAMELASHER wrote:Mostly weightless. Very light.

Sorry, but I don't think I can let that pass. There's no way something like that even begins to approach realism, not if you want the steak to be filling at all. You need matter to burn in your stomach when you eat food, you know.

The game will begin when all players finalize acceptable inventory tables. Hopefully that won't be too far off, and maybe even today.
Zerovirus
Zerovirus
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  FLAMELASHER Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:48 pm

Okay, 5 pieces of steak. Or 10 emerald tins of beef jerky.
FLAMELASHER
FLAMELASHER
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Zerovirus Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:30 pm

Spoiler:

Day 1: Morning

The first day in these accursed Assholian lands. You can't wait to smash the barbariansm out of the natives and introduce them to the true way of civilized life, indeed. As the sun peeks out from the horizon, so too do you peek out from the edge of your tents. You quickly dress, and crawl out of your respective tents to be greeted by your loyal soldiers, already prepared for a day's hard work.

"Sirs!"

You lazily gesture back at your troops. "Morning, soldiers. What's today's objective for territory clearing?"

"We are to clear at least 4 tiles of Assholian resistance fighters today, honored generals."

"Well, that's good then! Saddle up, soldiers, and move out!"

"..."

"We generals have given you orders, soldiers. Saddle up!"

"Sirs.. Um."

"What?"

"...All our horses got, uh, they disappeared."

"WHAT?"

"The only ones left are lying on the ground over there- and they don't look too good."

You walk over to inspect them, and the horses don't look so much like horses than blobs of mutated flesh, pulsating green sacks that leak gross-looking foam from what used to be their mouths.

Four hundred blobs of mutated flesh.

All leaking foam.

"...Well."

"Also, sir- some of the soldiers have been getting sick from the water. Apparently, we're not used to some of the minerals in the Assholian environment, and it's tainting us and making us sick. We have switched to drinking the water we carry with us, but that may not last."

"...That's not good either."

"Finally, sir, Richland's tactical advisors lost track of the Eighth, Ninth, and Twenty-fourth Cleansing Troops last night. We suspect they may have fallen prey to, uh, resistance guerrillas."

"I see. Has Tacticom given us specific instructions for civilizing tiles?"

"No, sir. We may simply proceed to any tiles in any direction save south, as we came from the south. We must however take at least 4 before the end of the day."

Well, that's good to know, what with it being your first day and all.

So what do you do, would-be-conquerors?

Status Report:
You have camped on an open field with 400 diseased horses.
To your north are open fields.
To your south are open fields.
To your east are open fields.
To your west is the edge of a forest.

It is rainy today.

>What do you do about the horse problem?
>What do you do about the drinking water problem?
>Which tile configurations will you civilize today, and where will you deploy your men and leave your leaders?

Saima:

Bigkahuna:

Rulyon:

Flamelasher:

FoolishBalloon:

Last edited by Zerovirus on Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:03 pm; edited 7 times in total
Zerovirus
Zerovirus
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Saima Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:33 pm

I'm sorry, but did I miss something?

I was under the impression that I had fixed the issues with my inventory.

If I simply misunderstood something, please say so. I feel a little confused.
Saima
Saima
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Zerovirus Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:35 pm

I actually forgot to copypaste your inventory in from my word file. Sorry about that! Should be fixed now.
Zerovirus
Zerovirus
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Saima Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:37 pm

Oh. Thank god. I was a little worried there for a second Smile

So, generals. What shall we do about these problems?

I'm thinking that we should attempt to take over the forest, as it may supply

A) Wood, and other materials

B) A source of food and water

However, I may not be thinking outside of the box enough for a game like this.
Saima
Saima
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Zerovirus Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:45 pm

Well, right now you're just deciding which general direction to proceed in. You could also dig down for resources as well, though I don't think digging -another- well in much the same location will help you much. Don't worry, the fun stuff starts next turn...
Zerovirus
Zerovirus
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next