Novalia Roll 2 Dodge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roll to Survive: The Gods Are Not Present Here

+4
Rulyon
Bigkahuna
Saima
Zerovirus
8 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Roll to Survive: The Gods Are Not Present Here - Page 2 Empty Re: Roll to Survive: The Gods Are Not Present Here

Post  Bigkahuna Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:51 pm

I agree with Saima.

Zero - how many leaders are there in each general's command?

Tell the soldiers to look for signs of what caused this strange... sickness to happen to the horses. A.K.A. water sources the horses may have accessed, grass they may have eaten, weapons that could have been used on them, poisons, etc. Also check the soldiers who drank water for similar symptoms. Order the soldiers to conserve their water until the afternoon repast or until other water sources have been found. Food is fine, but on a strict ration of 1 unit a day until further food sources are found. Let the troops know that it is for their own welfare and continued health.

Head west to the forest to subdue those tile configurations.

Split my men into four groups of 25, two groups in front of the other two groups, with me in the center to give orders. Once we get to the forest, half of the men will help Saima's troops build a temporary shelter and such, while I will lead the other half to assist in a takeover of tile configurations if necessary.

Last edited by bigkahuna on Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Roll to Survive: The Gods Are Not Present Here - Page 2 Empty Re: Roll to Survive: The Gods Are Not Present Here

Post  Saima Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:08 pm

Tell my men to support Bigkahuna's forces, bringing up the rear with two groups of 45 (Angel and Breeze).
Order them to abide by the same water rules that Bigkahuna has set out.

Once they find a suitable location, they are to create a temporary resource-gathering base. After that is set up, begin hunting wild animals and foraging for plants/berries that seem edible, and a fresh source of water.

If they are unable to find food/water sources, cut down trees and bring them to the temporary base.

I will lead a personal company of 10 men (Cordial) towards the forest, and begin training them to become sub-commanders.

I'm scared that the forest is going to eat up morale pretty quickly.

Edit: Added group names

Last edited by Saima on Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:54 am; edited 2 times in total
Saima
Saima
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Rulyon Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:46 pm

Seems we all agree in the forest as a potential source of food and water. After all, it takes potable water for trees to grow... I hope. However, as we need to secure FOUR tiles we can't all go there...

Split my men up with the following orders:
•Two Companies of 24 men each, Alpha and Beta, go North.
•Two Companies of 24 men each, Charlie and Delta, go East.
•Two men form a scouting party, Fox, and preceed Alpha and Beta north. Their orders are to scout the area and keep alert for enemy units and to return to Alpha and Beta Companies if 1) Enemies are encountered or 2) the tile is thoroughly scouted with no sign of enemies.
•Two men form a scouting party, Hound, and preceed Charlie and Delta east. Their orders are to scout the area and keep alert for enemy units and to return to Charlie and Delta Companies if 1) Enemies are encountered or 2) the tile is thoroughly scouted with no sign of enemies.
•All four Companies are under orders to halt their advance and return to point of origin to await further orders if they encounter enemy forces.
•I personally accompany the other generals in to the woods in the west.

Last edited by Rulyon on Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:03 pm; edited 3 times in total
Rulyon
Rulyon
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Zerovirus Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:20 am

You are the leaders. As in, your player characters personally lead each squadron of 100 men. There are no lieutenants or NPC generals yet; you are the only leadership.

Maybe you should reformat your orders to compensate for that?
Zerovirus
Zerovirus
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

http://forums.wesnoth.org

Back to top Go down

Post  FoolishBalloon Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:41 am

With Bigkahuna and the others attacking the forset from the front, split my army into 2 groups of 50 and attack the flanks. I do myself enter the middle of Bigkahunas group
FoolishBalloon
FoolishBalloon
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

http://www.spelochfiske.se

Back to top Go down

Post  Zerovirus Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:42 am

...What? Flanks?

I'm interpreting your action to mean that all 100 of your units as well as your character go in the same direction as Bigkahuna for this turn. This isn't a micro-management game, this is a macro-scale game. All you really need to say is which direction you go in and what you do- flanking and stuff is detail that's not quite necessary.
Zerovirus
Zerovirus
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Saima Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:44 am

Is my updated action okay in terms of micro/macro management?

I was under the impression that the men were highly trained in the art of war Razz
Saima
Saima
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  FLAMELASHER Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:03 pm

Have some soldiers keep an eye on the mutated horses incase they go wild, and have a few more scout the area nearby for Assholians, while me an dthe rest of my men follow the others.
FLAMELASHER
FLAMELASHER
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Zerovirus Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:34 pm

Direction and number of men please. Think of this as a turn-based-strategy game when you give commands.
Zerovirus
Zerovirus
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Rulyon Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:41 pm

So which is it, we can or cannot split out men up? You told us we moved as one unit, then asked FLAMELASHER for counts? I'm missing something here...
Rulyon
Rulyon
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Zerovirus Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:42 pm

No, you can split men up. It's just that you don't have multiple leader-characters; you only get one PC.
Zerovirus
Zerovirus
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  FLAMELASHER Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:43 pm

10 men (Alpha) watch the mutated horses with crossbows at the ready.
10 men (Bravo) head to the south plains.
10 men (Charlie) head to north plains.
10 men (Delta) head to east plains.
60 men (Joint Force Echo) follow me and the others into the forest.
FLAMELASHER
FLAMELASHER
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Rulyon Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:59 pm

If that's the case, I retain my previous orders. Re-editing my initial action now.
Rulyon
Rulyon
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  FoolishBalloon Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:41 pm

ok, all attack the forest.
FoolishBalloon
FoolishBalloon
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Saima Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:03 pm

Soo... Zero. Did you forget about this game, or is something going on?

Don't mean to sound impatient, just wondering.
Saima
Saima
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Zerovirus Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:55 pm

Spoiler:

Day 1: Evening

Bigkahuna busies himself with investigating the dying horses.

"So. These... Things. What exactly caused it? Was it something in the water? Or perhaps grass?"

"Sir, we have no idea. Probably a combination of all of the above- Assholia's climate and ecology is, uh, really really antagonistic. I know that doesn't even apply to ecology, but that's the best way to put it."

You consider this fact- well, it's not like you didn't already know how much Assholia sucked.

With that, the five commanders begin deploying their troops.

Bigkahuna decides to move 100 soldiers west. 50 soldiers begin constructing shelters. 50 soldiers are battle-ready. Bigkahuna heads west.

Saima decides to move 100 soldiers west. 90 soldiers are battle-ready. 10 soldiers are in training. Saima heads west.

Rulyon decides to move 24 soldiers north, 24 soldiers east. Rulyon sends scouting parties of 2 soldiers north and east each. 48 soldiers are battle-ready on the original tile. Rulyon heads west.

Foolishballoon decides to move 100 soldiers west. 100 soldiers are battle-ready.

Flamelasher decides to scout the area with 80 soldiers. 20 soldiers are deployed to each adjacent tile. 20 soldiers are battle-ready on the original tile.

Bigkahuna, Saima, Foolishballoon, and Rulyon peer out from beneath their large, frilled ceremonial hats adorned with peacock feathers replicated in silver, gold, and lacreous fibers. The damned things kept getting tangled in the branches, but you weren't about to take your hat off. No sir!

"This forest doesn't seem to harbor any enemies. There are a whole lot of trees, though."

"What say we begin to construct some shelters? We'll need places to stay when we're finding water and there's not much chance of us pitching tents with so many trees."

"Capital idea!"

And so, trees are fell and branches are taken, and by the evening you have built for yourself sturdy huts of branches and leaves, fine green shrubbery waving luscious handfuls of leaves at you. Still, it's not enough for everyone- you'll have to build more if you want all of the soldiers housed. Each of the shelters can house one soldier for the night, apparently, and you waste no time in setting up a random lottery for all the troops in the forest to draw from. That evening, many a disappointed groan were heard as soldiers lamented their ill fortune, being forced to sleep under the stars.

Bigkahuna has constructed 56 wooden shelters. The west tile has been cleared!

Saima decides to depart halfway through the construction, leading 10 soldiers of his personal selection off to the side to instruct them in the methods of leadership. By the boons of great fortune and the blessings of Richland, all ten soldiers are clever and willing to learn, and catch on to Saima's teachings quickly.

Saima has converted 10 soldiers to 10 lieutenants.

While Rulyon enjoys rest with his allied leaders, his troops scout the north and east tiles.

The northern scouting forces of Rulyon and twenty soldiers of Flamelasher find no enemies of human shape. Preparing to head back, a soldier takes an erring step-

And he finds his foot penetrated through a dried mud membrane, to enter a nest of buzzing black insects. Quickly, the enraged fliers take to the air, each nearly two inches in length, and the soldiers find themselves forced to fend off an infestation of wasp-like bugs.

The north tile yields 4 Deathwasp Swarms and 1 Deathwasp Hive! 4 scouts are slain! 4 Deathwasp swarms are slain! 1 Deathwasp Hive is slain! The tile has been cleared!

As the scouts return, lamenting their death but also cheering their victory in the north tile, the east tile's scouts have a different story to tell altogether.

As the east scouts, numbering 44 as well, went for the day, they found no enemies and cleared the tile easily. The tile seems to host several bushes, growing with luscious red fruit. The scouts note that harmless native wildlife was eating the fruit without harm, though he also notes the strange biology of the Assholia lands.

The east tile yields 3 Red Fruitbushes! The east tile has been cleared!

Flamelasher's southern scouts, expecting an easy trip to and back, instead encounter natives! Assholians have blocked the path and even now grunt in their bestial but mostly understandable language. They seem to be demanding a tax for passage, and refused to leave.

Naturally, you went to battle with the Assholian natives. These scum will rue the day they challenged Richland's military might.

The south tile yields 18 Assholian Insurgents! 5 scouts are slain and 6 are temporarily incapacitated by slings! 15 Assholian Insurgents are slain! 1 scout is slain and 1 is temporarily incapacitated by slings! 3 Assholian Insurgents are slain! The south tile has been cleared!

After the grueling battle, thirty-eight of the original fourty-four soldiers return to the original tile and report.

Well, at least you cleared your tile quota for the day. That's always a good thing, you suppose- and in the morning the ornithopters will hopefully drop off a package of supplies as congratulations.

So settled for the evening, the generals order the entrenchment of their troops before declaring sleep. And so, night comes...

Day 2: Morning

You are glad to find that nothing unexpected has happened in the night. Your soldiers reawake, refreshened, and prepare for you to give orders. A soldier runs up to you and relays orders as usual-

With a shocking addition.

34 of the soldiers that slept in the shelters constructed by Bigkahuna have developed rashes and will be incapacitated for the day while they recuperate. This is... An alarming fact.

Luckily, the supplies have arrived from Richland ornithopters this morning. A cursory inspection reveals the boon of 143 units of food per general. Along with the supplies, a note also arrives requesting the clearing of a further 4 tiles today.

What shall you do?

Roll to Survive: The Gods Are Not Present Here - Page 2 Map

L18: 3 Red Fruitbushes
M18: 400 Diseased Horses
N18: 56 Wooden Shelters

Bigkahuna is at N18. Saima is at N18. Foolishballoon is at N18. Rulyon is at N18. Flamelasher is at M18.

>What's with the shelters?
>Which tile configurations will you civilize today, and where will you deploy your men and leave your leaders?

Saima:

Bigkahuna:

Rulyon:

Flamelasher:

FoolishBalloon:
Zerovirus
Zerovirus
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:49 am

Give the wounded soldiers temporarily extra rations to increase morale, making sure none of my other soldiers try to develop rashes themselves. Order the soldiers to no longer sleep in the trees (no-brainer). Ask the wounded soldiers about their symptoms and where they came from, and tell the soldiers to avoid those parts of the trees (sap, leaves, bark, etc.).

Leave 16 healthy soldiers to guard the 34 wounded ones, who will be moved onto the grass.

Take my healthy 50 soldiers S-E to subdue O-19 and then south to O-20. Above all, search for water sources.

Last edited by bigkahuna on Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Saima Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:24 am

Spoiler:

Squad Angel (50 units, 5 lieutenants, so they can split into Angel Sub-A, Sub-B, Sub-C, Sub-D, Sub-E, if needed) continues to P18.

Squad Beta (50 units, 5 lieutenants, so they can split into Beta-A through E) continues to N19.
Saima
Saima
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  FLAMELASHER Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:18 am

Team Alpha: (10 Men) head to L19.
Team Bravo: (10 Men) head to L17.
Team Charlie: (10 Men) head to O17.
Team Delta: (10 Men) head to O19.
Joint Team Echo: (56 Men) send 10 men to each above team and the rest take care of the wounded at base.
FLAMELASHER
FLAMELASHER
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Rulyon Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:24 pm

Gather my men at M17 and march north towards M14 until A) Resistance is encountered and engaged in battle, or B) Terrain obstacles hinder progress.

Also, Zerovirus, you misread my orders. There were supposed to be TWO companies each going north and east. Not just one. All in all, 50 men should have gone to each targeted square. None were under orders to remain. No biggie this time around, good things happened, but missed details such as that could spell disaster for our men in the future.
Rulyon
Rulyon
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  FoolishBalloon Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:08 pm

What does the different colors mean?

Train 10 of my soldiers to luitnants. If that went fast, tell them to take 5 pupils each and train them to luitnants too. (60 soldiers, Squad Fool)

Pick out 5 soldiers (Squad Ish) and tell 1 of them to eat the grass the horses ate. If he gets mutated, try to heal him. If not possible, check if he has superpowers. If he acts aggressive, kill him. If he didn't get mutated, tell another soldier to drink a small amount of the water the horses drank. Do the same as before with grass-eater with him.

Select 20 soldiers (Squad Ball) and tell them to gather te red fruits from the bushes and bring it back. Let 1 person from Squad Ish eat 1 of the fruits, repeat the same as above with grass-eater.

The remaining 15 soldiers (Squad Oon) will if the fruits were eatable go and take saplings from the bushes and plant them in N18. If they weren't eatable, tell them to make some shelters for my soldiers in N18 (Bring wood from the forest)

We're ready t go I guess?
FoolishBalloon
FoolishBalloon
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Regnar13 Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:22 pm

Umm... why is my name on the player list? Was it supposed to be Ruylon? Too my best remembering I didn't sign up =P
Regnar13
Regnar13
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  FoolishBalloon Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:25 pm

Haha, I didn't either notice it before you told me Razz Zero, maybe a small changetime? Very Happy
FoolishBalloon
FoolishBalloon
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  FLAMELASHER Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:27 pm

You could change it yourself, FoolishBalloon.
FLAMELASHER
FLAMELASHER
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  FoolishBalloon Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:30 pm

I know, I was about to
do it. I'll erase this off topic afterwards Wink
FoolishBalloon
FoolishBalloon
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next