Novalia Roll 2 Dodge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

R2D: Guardians of the Otherland

+10
Frogger5
Malregima
King_Pikmin
mastery910
its_crunchtime
Saima
FoolishBalloon
FLAMELASHER
Darien
14 posters

Page 2 of 29 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 29  Next

Go down

R2D: Guardians of the Otherland - Page 2 Empty Re: R2D: Guardians of the Otherland

Post  8680 Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:27 pm

Smile Thank you. Will I be a Akadan soldier?
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

R2D: Guardians of the Otherland - Page 2 Empty Re: R2D: Guardians of the Otherland

Post  FoolishBalloon Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:27 pm

Unknow....

Looks like we can't do that much now
Major - Concentrate and begin to learn to manipulate air
Minor - Make sure to stay close to the fire so I keep hot and won't catch a cold, but not begin to burn

Let's see if anyone will ninja me Very Happy

EDIT: AND I GOT NINJAD...
FoolishBalloon
FoolishBalloon
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

http://www.spelochfiske.se

Back to top Go down

Post  FLAMELASHER Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:33 pm

Minor: "Pozdravljam vas. Videl sem boj. Napadalci. Evil. Jaz se vam pridružijo."
Major: Learn to manipulate the shape of living matter such as bones and limbs.

FLAMELASHER
FLAMELASHER
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Darien Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:35 pm

@saima

You can learn magic on your own, but there will be a turn of comprehension following your meditation where your cannot use the spell. A mentor or scroll will eliminate the need for a turn of comprehension.

@8680

Probably,you could have woken up on your own and decided to go to the capital when you saw light in the cave.

@flamelasher

You can learn that spell, but it will be a high risk spell to learn and use, though can be quite powerful on a good roll

Im going for lunch right now, if the last two post, ill roll when i get back.
Darien
Darien
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  FLAMELASHER Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:38 pm

Nah, I'll:

Learn energy field making (make little flat blocks of energy to block attacks and cut stuff up)

instead.
FLAMELASHER
FLAMELASHER
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  FoolishBalloon Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:41 pm

Oh, so flamelasher, are you slovenish? I play minecraft with a slovenish guy called Nekdopac, u heard of him?

By the way, don't learn that spell, I don't want you to make my ribs pierce my heart :/

EDIT: saw ur change. Good Very Happy But don't cut me in half...
FoolishBalloon
FoolishBalloon
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  FLAMELASHER Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:53 pm

No, I'm british. But my character learnt the wrong language.
FLAMELASHER
FLAMELASHER
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  FoolishBalloon Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:53 pm

Ok Razz
FoolishBalloon
FoolishBalloon
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  its_crunchtime Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:00 pm

Major: Train my sword skills and search for a crossbow in the cave

I wanna crawsbow!
its_crunchtime
its_crunchtime
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Darien Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:02 pm

Great, rolling now.
Darien
Darien
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  8680 Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:04 pm

Name : Ash Jiervan.
Race : ~94.5% human. I don't know or care what the other ~5.5% is.
Appearance : Unkempt, though not so much as might be expected for someone who just survived a major battle. Somewhat thin. Black hair, long enough to cover forehead and neck. Purplish-grey eyes, presumably from the nonhuman ~5.5% of me.
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Darien Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:54 pm

Unknown(Flamelasher)
Action: Learn energy field making (make little flat blocks of energy)

Roll(6)

Waiting out the storm in the cave, you decide to try and learn magic. Focusing on the energy within you, you begin to feel it move. You now move to focusing on the energy around you, trying to solidify it into blocks. You feel you have created something, and open your eyes to see. You see the faint outline of a flat block in the air, glowing a very light blue. Smiling at what you have completed, you suddenly feel like something is wrong. The Block is weakening, and begins to fall apart. Well, at least it lasts for a few seconds, you think.

You have learned basic energy field making (Level 1)

Skills: Basic energy field making(Lv 1)
Total Bonuses: 0

Health: 10/10

Inventory:

FoolishBalloon(FoolishBalloon)
Action: Major- Concentrate and begin to learn to manipulate air
Minor-Make sure to stay close to the fire so I keep hot and won't catch a cold, but not begin to burn

Roll(7)

You sit down close to the fire to keep warm, and decide to focus on learning to control air. You feel the wind brushing against your skin, breathe the air through your mouth. You feel like one with the air. Happy with your newfound power, you fire out a blast of air, blowing out the fire. You see that unknown soldier lean down and relight the fire, mumbling something unintelligible all the while.
You have learned Basic air manipulation (level 1)

Skills: Basic air manipulation (lv 1)
Total bonuses:0

Inventory:

Raspin Hongu(Saima)
Action: Minor- Say "We will need all of the tools we can get to defend ourselves. I suggest we try to learn some magics to better our chances."
Major- I concentrate on the fire in the cave, trying to peer into the basics of fire manipulation. (Learn fire manipulation)

Roll(3)

You tell everyone that they should all try to learn magic to defend themselves, but see that Foolishballoon and the other guy have already got to work on learning magic. You sit down near the fire and concentrate. Trying to control the fire, you feel heat. It gets warmer and warmer, now its burning! You quickly jump back from the fire, but it was too late, you burnt your hands while trying to control the fire. You were able to make the fire bigger, but not control it. Clearly you need more practice.

Modifiers: Burnt hands ( -1 to rolls for 2 turns)

Skills: None

Inventory:

Voltir(its_crunchtime)
Action: Major- Train my sword skills and search for a crossbow in the cave

Roll(6)

You decide to practice some moves with your sword. You swing it around until you're tired, and feel like you've learned something fighting those invisible goblins. After you finish, you look around in the back of the cave for a crossbow. Unfortunately, there is no crossbow back here, but there are quite a few crates and barrels.

You have learned Melee weapon training (level 1)

Skills: Melee weapon training (Lv1)
Total Bonuses: +1 to melee attack rolls

Inventory:

Game events:
As everyone is busy training, a soldier walks in. "Hey guys, after that battle I got up to go to the capital, but then this storm hit, do you mind if I join you?"(8680 joins group, please post your action)

After you all finish your training and prepare to sleep out the night, you hear voices. Raspin looks outside and quickly runs back. "People are coming, and they don't look friendly!"

Enemies:
Bandit 1: Ovid(Leader):
Bandit 2:Bragi:
Bandit 3:Grith:

Last edited by Darien on Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:23 pm; edited 3 times in total
Darien
Darien
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  FLAMELASHER Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:57 pm

Minor: "Vi ne želiš boriti. I dokazati. Biti mrtev!"
Major: Create an energy field in one's throat.
FLAMELASHER
FLAMELASHER
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  8680 Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:59 pm

Darien wrote:(8680 joins group, please post your action)
Post my action for next turn, or was I supposed to have an action this turn?
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Saima Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:59 pm

Minor: "Friends, I don't believe our magic is embedded in our minds enough yet to be of any use. I suggest we use our melee strength to overpower these brutes."

Major: Hide in the shadows of the cave, and ready my sword for battle

Nice first roll.
Saima
Saima
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Darien Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:06 pm

@ 8680

Post an action for this turn

@ Flamelasher

you require 1 turn of comprehension after learning a spell for it to be used. If you want to attack, i recommend using your sword.
Darien
Darien
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  FoolishBalloon Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:12 pm

Ps, could you please put what items give for bonuses in parentheses or whatever it is called in english (), as it's annoying to go to first page and check that Razz

Major - Combo Attack! Use my wind to blow the burning logs at the enemies (if it was a candle would it blow out the fire becouse the wind removes the hotness, but when it's a bigger fire like this one will it only provide with more oxygen that makes the fire stronger during the wind) The enemies should get hurt first from the fire, then from the windpush.
Minor - Hide behind our meleesoldier and stick my sword from his flanks to support him.

Sorry if there's some errors, I am typing on my iPhone..

EDIT: got ninjad and saw that i can't use magic........

Use my sword to drag out a torch from the fire and throw it at the enemies, then support my buddies by throwing stones at the boss
FoolishBalloon
FoolishBalloon
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  8680 Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:13 pm

The turn that just happened, or the turn that's about to happen?
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  its_crunchtime Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:14 pm

Major: Attempt to reason with the bandit leader, telling him, in no uncertain terms, that if they try to fight us, we will end them. I suggest peace.
If they attack me, then I
Slash and Hack my way through the leader.

Please let me go first, so that if it works then we won't have to fight these guys.
its_crunchtime
its_crunchtime
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Darien Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:16 pm

@ Foolish

Sure i can.

@8680

this coming turn that people are posting an action to

sure, if anyone ever wants there action to go first, just tell me. For the sake of simplicity it is normally arranged in the order that you joined.
Darien
Darien
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  FLAMELASHER Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:33 pm

My new major is: Cut off a bandit's feet and hands, then stab him in the chest.
FLAMELASHER
FLAMELASHER
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  8680 Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:06 pm

Minor : Get my equipment.
Major : Attack the bandits.

I'd have a conditional for if Voltir convinces the bandits to not attack, but that would be futile as everyone else is attacking.
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Darien Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:58 pm

Alright great, ill roll now

Seeing how events worked out in this roll, everyone's base health has been increased to 15.(there has to be something special about you guys, right?)

Voltir(its_crunchtime)
Action: Attempt to reason with the bandit leader, if they attack Slash and hack my way to the leader

Roll(1)

As the most imposing member of the group, you try to persuade the bandit leader to leave. "We are trained soldiers of the Akadan army, if you wish to live, then leave now!"
The bandit leader laughed. "The Akadan army? Oh, we saw your highly trained soldiers in action, fleeing from the battlefield. Let's see you prove me wrong." he said as he hefted his battleaxe.
As the best trained swordsman to the group, you step forward, prepared to drive you blade into his gut. Focused on the man, and not your surroundings, you step on some loose gravel and fall to the ground.

Injured head, -2 to rolls for 2 turns

Skills: Melee weapon training (Lv1)
Total Bonuses: +1 to melee attack rolls, -2 to all rolls for 2 turns

Health: 15/15

Inventory:

Unknown(Flamelasher)
Action: Cut off a bandits feet and hands, then stab him in the chest

Roll (7)

You charge forward after seeing Voltir fall to the ground. Aiming straight for the leader and avoiding the loose gravel, you reach him successfully and engage in combat

Flamelasher: d20 (d20 + 0)
Ovid: d21 (d20 +2(Training and strength)-1( Your Shield)

Flamelasher's roll (6)
Ovid's roll (15)

Ovid uses agility that you didn't know he had to move out of the way , and respond with a brutal swing of his axe.

Damage roll: Battle axe (1d8) = 8, crit bonus x3 = 24 damage

The axe digs into your side and you are flung onto the wall of the cave. Falling limply down against the cave wall, you cannot move and see blood pouring out of your wound. Your vision begins to dim as you close your eyes.

Unconscious
Will die in 2 turns if wound is not treated

Skills: Basic energy field making(Lv 1)

Health: 0/15

Inventory:

FoolishBalloon(FoolishBalloon)
Action: Use my sword to drag out a torch from the fire and throw it at the enemies, then support my buddies by throwing stones at the boss

Roll (1)

You quickly decide to use your sword to pull a torch out of the fire, but as you stick it in a spark flies up, causing you to drop your sword in the fire. Knowing that it would be stupid to try and get it now, you decide to throw stones at the boss. As you pick up a rock, one of the bandits runs toward you with his axe.

FoolishBalloon: d20 (d20+0)
Bragi:d20 (d20 +1(melee training) -1(your shield))

FoolishBalloon's roll:19
Bragi:7

You deftly evade the bandits swing and swing your rock into his head

Damage Roll: Rock (1d3) =1

You hit his skull with all your strength, but he barely seems fazed.

After the encounter, you feel like you have learned how to better use melee weapons

Skills: Basic air manipulation (lv 1),melee weapon training (lv 1)
Total bonuses: melee attacks +1

Inventory:

Raspin Hongu(Saima)
Action: Minor: "Friends, I don't believe our magic is embedded in our minds enough yet to be of any use. I suggest we use our melee strength to overpower these brutes." Major: Hide in the shadows of the cave, and ready my sword for battle

Roll (8-1 = 7)

You saw the guy without a name about to try and use his new spell on the enemies, and knowing that it would not end well, you quickly shout "Friends, I don't believe our magic is embedded in our minds enough yet to be of any use. I suggest we use our melee strength to overpower these brutes!" He clearly hears you, as he stopped what he was doing and drew his sword instead. As the bandits charge, you hide in the shadows of the cave and ready your sword for battle. The moment comes when one charges to attack Foolishballoon from the side. You jump out at him and fight.

Raspin Hongu: d22(+2(ambush bonus)
Grith: d19(+1(melee training)-2 (ambushed))

Raspin's roll: 3
Grith's roll: 2 (wow, lucky saima)

You jump out from the shadows, catching him completely off guard. He trys to block your attack with his weapon, but he is too slow.

Damage Roll: Short sword(1d6)=2

Even though you drove your sword into one of his arms, he still manages to scramble up off the ground and get back in a fighting stance.

After this encounter you feel that you have learned how to use melee weapons better

Modifiers: Burnt hands ( -1 to rolls for 1 turns)

Skills: Melee weapon training (level one)
Total Bonuses: +1 to melee rolls

Inventory:

Ash Jiervan
Action: Minor - Get my equipment. Major - Attack the bandits.

Roll(5)

You quickly make sure you still have your sword and shield on you. Breathing a sigh of relief after you find that you still have them. Drawing your sword, you prepare to fight the bandits, but realize that one is coming towards you. With shock, you realize that he has blood on his axe, and promptly see the nameless guy leaning unconscious against the cave wall. You steel yourself for battle and hope for the best.

Ash Jiervan: d20 (+0)
Ovid: d21(+2(strength and melee)-1(Your shield)

Ash's roll:20
Ovid:4

Using your skills that you learned as a soldier, you wait for the brute to swing his axe, then lunge at him with your sword.

Damage roll: Iron short sword(1d6)=5

Ovid's eyes are wide with shock as your sword stabs into his gut. Clearly in pain, he stumbles backwards and rips the sword out, throwing it at you. With great skill and luck, you catch the sword and prepare to engage him again.

After the fight, you feel that you have increased your proficiency with melee weapons

Skills: Melee weapon training (lv 1)
Total Bonuses: +1 to melee rolls

Inventory:

Game events: The battle rages on!

Enemies:
Bandit 1: Ovid(Leader):
Bandit 2:Bragi:
Bandit 3:Grith:

Last edited by Darien on Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Darien
Darien
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  its_crunchtime Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:33 am

Major: Get away from the fray and rip off some of my tabard to wrap around Flamelashers wound.
Minor: Try not to get hit.
its_crunchtime
its_crunchtime
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  FLAMELASHER Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:54 am

Naturally, I didn't get a dodge roll. Honestly, in real life I would'be dodged easy.
FLAMELASHER
FLAMELASHER
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 29 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 29  Next