Novalia Roll 2 Dodge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

R2D: Guardians of the Otherland

+10
Frogger5
Malregima
King_Pikmin
mastery910
its_crunchtime
Saima
FoolishBalloon
FLAMELASHER
Darien
14 posters

Page 27 of 29 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29  Next

Go down

R2D: Guardians of the Otherland - Page 27 Empty Re: R2D: Guardians of the Otherland

Post  Darien Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:07 pm

Amina(Malregima)

minor: "Nice job there Ash, that was pretty awesome." Amina calls out
Major: If there is any goblin surviors, another ball of water to their "parched" throat
If there are none, heal any injured comrade.

Roll: ( 1 )

"Nice job there Ash," you call out. "That was pretty awesome."

He responds by casually shrugging in a smug manner, and you turn your attention back to the task at hand.

You turn to another goblin and begin to create water, meaning to fill the poor creatures parched throat, but you lose focus on the creature that you were already choking, letting the ball of water slide apart, where the goblin succeeds in spitting it out. You see the anger in the creatures eyes as it tries to regain its balance, and you turn back toward it to once more send water down its throat.

Amina:d24(+3(Water magic)+1(Create water)+1(1(intelligence)+1(Focused on attacking)+1(level 2)-3(Unlucky))
Goblin Archer 1:d20(+2(Training)+2(Dexterity)-4(Recovering from coming so close to drowning)

Amina's roll: 24
Goblin's roll: 8

Once more you slam the thick ball of water into the creatures mouth, despite the creatures meager attempt at avoiding the same fate by closing its mouth. The goblin fights more vigorously this time trying to send the water out, but you are unrelenting, holding it in place with a greater force of will determined as you are to not lose your grip again.

Effects: Water Shield(+7), Focused on attacking(+1 when attacking,-1 when defending)
Skills:Water magic +3(Lv 4),Create water +1(lv 2)Melee training +3(Lv 3)Dexterity+2 (lv2)Intelligence +1(Lv 1),Healing Water(Lv 1)
Total bonuses: Level 2(+1),

Health 13/17

Inventory:

Burza (AerynPierre)

Attack Goblin archer 2 with lightning magic, attempting to spread the attack to take have it attack the next nearest goblin to him

Roll: ( 4 )

You turn your attention to the goblin archer beside the one you had just blasted, and charge more lightning to throw at the creature, hoping to be able to spread the attack into a bit of chain lightning.

Burza:d27(+4(Lightning Magic)+2(Intelligence)+1(level 2))
Goblin Archer 2:d24(+2(dexterity)+2(Training))

Burza's roll:3
Goblin archer's roll:23

Damage roll: Goblin longbow(1d8,x1)=5

You don't even manage to get your chain lightning spell off before an arrow flies at you, knocking you out of focus.

Effects:
Skills: Lightning Magic(Level 4), Dexterity (Level 3), Healing Magic(Level 3),Intelligence(Level 2)
Total bonuses: Level 2(+1)
Health 6/15

Inventory:

Rulyon Fletcher(Rulyon)

Goblin Archer 1 shot me last turn; answer the challenge by shooting him back. If he retaliates, dive-and-roll to the side.

Roll ( 7 )

You draw another arrow, meaning to retaliate against the goblin that shot you, and see him on the ground. Perfect, an easy shot you think to yourself in comment to the goblins position. You draw one of your blunt arrows and loose it.

Rulyon Fletcher:d31(+4(Training)+3(Dexterity)+1(level 2)+3(Lucky))
Goblin Archer 1:d14(+2(Training)+2(Dexterity)-10(drowning))

Rulyon's roll:29
Goblin's roll:14

Damage Roll: Rulyon's bow(1d9,x3)=7

Your arrow digs into the goblins side and it tries to let out a squeal but the water in its mouth prevents it.

Effects: Water Shield (+1)
Skills: Ranged weapon training, +4(Lv4), Dexterity +3(Lv 3),Intelligence, +2(Lv 2), Fire Magic +1(Lv 2), Level 2(+1)
Total Bonuses:+7 to ranged attacks, +2 to magic attacks, +1 to fire magic.

Health: 7/15

Inventory:

Aenkidu(Shinobody)

Freeze Goblin Guard 4 in place.
If don't have enough water, take it from my water shield.

Roll ( 4 )

The goblin who charged at you is unrelenting as it continues the attack against you. You try and take more water out, but find it not enough. Cursing your forgetfulness at not learning how to create water while you had been teaching yourself to control it. You then see a solution in your shield, and draw water away from that to join with what is in your pouch, sending it out to freeze the goblin in place.

Aenkidu:d26(+3(Liquid manipulation)+1(Level 2)+2(Staff bonus!)
Goblin Guard 4:d24(+2(Strength)+2(Melee training))

Aenkidu's roll:10
Goblin's roll:10

REROLL:

Aenkidu's roll:23
Goblin's roll:5

The water crashes over the goblins legs,freezing the creature to the floor. The goblin tries to smash free with his axe, but you counter by throwing the broken ice back on. The goblin lets out a bellow of rage.

Effects:Water Shield(+1 to defense)
Skills: Liquid Manipulation,+3(Lv 4), Ranged Training,+3(Lv 3),Healing Magic, +1(Lv 2), Dexterity, +2(Lv 2),Level 2(+1)
Total Bonuses: +5 to ranged attacks, +3 Liquid Manipulation,+1 to healing magic.
Health: 12/15

Inventory:

Ash Jiervan

Minor : Shrug in response to Amina in a manner exuding casual smugness.
Major : Smash the nearest goblin.

Roll( 7 )

"Nice job there Ash," Amina calls out. "That was pretty awesome."

You respond by casually shrugging in a manner meant to look somewhat smug, and then turn your attention back to the task at hand.

The goblin who fired an arrow at Amina a moment ago is standing foolishly close to you, deciding to show the creature the error of its ways, you ready your flail and charge towards the goblin.

Ash Jiervan:d30(+4(Air Manipulation)+2(Level 3)+1(Intelligence)+3(Lucky))
Goblin Archer 4:d17(+2(training)+2(Dexterity)-7(Your Armor))

Ash's roll:4
Goblin's roll:3

Damage Roll: Flail(3d5,x2):4,(5x2)=10,(x2)=10=24

The goblin hears you coming and spins around, drawing an arrow as the only thing to do, due to the creatures lack of a melee weapon, but your flail hits first, crashing into the creatures side and letting the arrow loose somewhere past you. Then your second swing comes around against the creatures other side. With the goblin falling to the ground on its knees, you let loose one last swing down upon the creatures skull, crushing it with obscene force.

Total bonuses: +5 (Melee training) +4 to rolls involving air manipulation(Master air manipulation),Level 3(+2 to combat rolls)Strength +2(Lv2),Repair-Weapons (Lv 1), Improve weapons(lv 1),Intelligence +1(Lv 1), Constitution lv 1, health +1

Health:9 /17

Inventory:

Ragnar: Gets up

Ragnar forces himself off the ground with his supreme will and draws his sword, the goblin closest notices when Ragnar stumbles close and draws an arrow, but he is already within range.

Ragnar:d27(+4(strength)+4(Melee training)+3(level 4))
Goblin Archer:d9 (+2(dexterity)+2(training)-15(Ragnar's armor)

Ragnar's roll:12
Goblin's roll:7

Damage roll:Claymore(2d8,x2)=5,8=13

The goblin drew and arrow, but your sword was within range as you swung and parted head from body.

Game events:

You have one free turn here, to heal up or do whatever you want to the poor trapped goblin.

Enemy actions:

The only archer still standing finally notices how hopeless the situation is and turns away from the battle, running down the tunnel that the general tried to escape through.

Allies:

Ragnar
5/20
Claymore(2d8,x2)
Steel helmet(+4)
Chainmail Hauberk(+3)
Steel Greaves(+4)
Steel Boots(+4)
Fur cloak
Skills: Melee weapon training (Lv 4), Strength(Lv 4), Level 4

Nezak(Away)

Health 7/17
Skills: Fire Magic(Lv 4),Melee training(Lv 4),Earth Magic(Lv 2)
Total bonuses: Level 2(+1),Fire magic lv 4(+3),Melee training lv 3(+3),Earth magic lv 2(+1),Constitution lv 2(+2 health), Strength (Lv 1)
Nezak's Longsword(1d10,x2)
Fine Steel Dagger(1d7,x2)
Fine Iron Dagger(1d6,x2)
Studded Leather Cuirass(+2)
Leather boots(+1)
Leather Gloves(+1)
Red trimmed black Cape(+1 to fire magic)
Iron helmet of bloodlust(+2 defense,+1 strength, cannot use non-combat related skills when in battle)
2 Primitive Grenades(1d10,x2)
189 gold coins(28.4 lbs)

Enemies:
Goblin General:

Goblin Guard 1:
Goblin Guard 2:
Goblin Guard 3 :
Goblin Guard 4:
Goblin Archer 1:
Goblin Archer 2:
Goblin Archer 3:
Goblin Archer 4:

Map so far(Upgraded):

R2D: Guardians of the Otherland - Page 27 Better12
Darien
Darien
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

R2D: Guardians of the Otherland - Page 27 Empty Re: R2D: Guardians of the Otherland

Post  Shinobody Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:11 pm

Loot Goblin Bow and quiver of arrows (...I surely can find some among dead bodies?)
Heal Rulyon.
Shinobody
Shinobody
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Rulyon Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:14 pm

Before anyone else can kill the goblin, I approach it and ask a question:

"We just want to get out of here. If you don't want us to kill anymore of your friends in our attempt to find our way out of this maze, you'll tell us how to find the exit."

If Aekindo is successful at healing me, express my thanks. If not, I'm clutching my wound and being careful not to excacerbate it with my activity.

After I speak to the goblin I search the area for arrows, my supply is dwindling!

Last edited by Rulyon on Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Rulyon
Rulyon
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  8680 Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:45 pm

Minor : Retrieve my swords.
Major : Loot the room, ignoring money and the dead goblins' equipment.
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  AerynPierre Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:16 am

Minor: Wonder over to where Goblin Guard 1 fell and retrieve his ax, finding it pleasing to have a weapon in hand.

If the Goblin answers Rulyon favorably...
Major: Attempt to practice chain lightning again, targeting dead goblin bodies on the ground as far away from the others as possible.

If the Goblin doesn't answer Rulyon or manages to break free...
Major: See just how well THIS creatures armor conducts electricity...
AerynPierre
AerynPierre
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Malregima Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:10 am

What should i do to increase my lvl of concentration? Like making sure the ball of water stay inside the enemy's throat even when I cast another spell. Do i just like say meditation or practice my water control?

minor: check to see if there is any dmg to my equipment
Major: Heal anyone who is in danger of dying.

Malregima
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Darien Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:40 pm

Ill start the roll now. Malregima, your drowning spell is potentially an instant kill, thus if you follow a good roll with a failure (3,2 or 1) you will lose your grip on the spell.
Darien
Darien
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Darien Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:45 pm

Amina(Malregima)

minor: check to see if there is any dmg to my equipment
Major: Heal anyone who is in danger of dying.

Roll: ( 6 )

You check over your equipment, but find that apart from a few holes and slash marks that only seems fixable in a town, everything seems well in order. You then look across your companions to see if anyone is in need of healing. You notice both Ash, and the other man, Burza with quite a few wounds, and decide to split your magic, imbuing some water with healing properties and laying it half the water over Burzas fiercest wound, then use the other half on Ash.

You level up your healing water skill!(Lv 2)

Effects: Water Shield(+7), Focused on attacking(+1 when attacking,-1 when defending)
Skills:Water magic +3(Lv 4),Create water +1(lv 2)Melee training +3(Lv 3)Dexterity+2 (lv2)Intelligence +1(Lv 1),Healing Water,+1(Lv 2)

Health 13/17

Inventory:

Burza (AerynPierre)

Minor: Wonder over to where Goblin Guard 1 fell and retrieve his ax, finding it pleasing to have a weapon in hand.

If the Goblin answers Rulyon favorably...
Major: Attempt to practice chain lightning again, targeting dead goblin bodies on the ground as far away from the others as possible.

If the Goblin doesn't answer Rulyon or manages to break free...
Major: See just how well THIS creatures armor conducts electricity...

Roll: ( 1+3=4 )

You wander over to where an axe wielding goblin guard fell and retrieve his weapon, a slight shiver passes through you as you finally lay your hand on a weapon after so long. You then turn to see Rulyon questioning the trapped goblin, and ready your magic in case things go badly. Apparently it is unneeded as Rulyon walks away. You decide to release the lightning anyway, blasting the guards that no-one is touching and attempting to link the linking together. It doesn't work out as planned, simply blasting the one goblin, you decide to try again later.

Effects:
Skills: Lightning Magic(Level 4), Dexterity (Level 3), Healing Magic(Level 3),Intelligence(Level 2)
Health 9/15

Inventory:

Rulyon Fletcher(Rulyon)

Before anyone else can kill the goblin, I approach it and ask a question:

"We just want to get out of here. If you don't want us to kill anymore of your friends in our attempt to find our way out of this maze, you'll tell us how to find the exit."

If Aekindo is successful at healing me, express my thanks. If not, I'm clutching my wound and being careful not to excacerbate it with my activity.

After I speak to the goblin I search the area for arrows, my supply is dwindling!

Roll ( 5 )

The goblin shouts and yells, but finally seems to run out of energy as its shoulders slump down. It is at that point that you walk over and try to speak with it.

The goblin looks up bleakly at you. "The general would have listened to you, but now he can't. You have to go through that door and fight past the inventor if you want to escape."

"Why can we not convince him to let us past?" you ask.

"The inventor is mad. He is a genius at building things, but even we goblins thought him mad. He only answered to the general, and only when he was in a good mood. I do not know what will happen to the warren when you leave but we cannot stand the tyrant any longer. The exit is at the back of his workshop, now please, don't kill me.

"Very well, but I was hoping for a way to avoid another fight." You turn away and see Aenkidu taking a goblins bow and some arrows, reminding you of your low supply. You bend down to start examining them when Aenkidu walks over and pulls your hand of the large wound you were concealing. She then heals it, and you feels slightly guilty about not being able to do anything in return.

"Thank you, Aenkidu. I wish I could return the favor, but my knowledge of magic does not extend past fire." You say, then turn away to continue sifting through arrows. You use your knowledge of archery to separate the three qualities you found

Skills: Ranged weapon training, +4(Lv4), Dexterity +3(Lv 3),Intelligence, +2(Lv 2), Fire Magic +1(Lv 2), Level 2(+1)

Health: 15/15

Inventory:

Aenkidu(Shinobody)

Loot Goblin Bow and quiver of arrows (...I surely can find some among dead bodies?)
Heal Rulyon.

Roll ( 7+3=8 )

Being nearly out of water, and with but a spear for backup, you find a nearby goblin archers corpse and take its bow, then the quiver. The bow is out of shape for a human, but you think that you can manage to shoot it, and most of the arrows are sub-par in their creation. You end up taking a longbow because its extra length almost makes it feel like a normal bow for you.

You turn to Rulyon, who was also looking for arrows, and notice his slow movement. Then your eyes fall to his hand clutched over a wound. You quickly head over and force his hand away, drawing on your knowledge of healing magic and channeling the restorative energy into the wound. You watch, carefully keeping focus as the skin knits itself back together. You repeat the process with his other wounds and leave him in perfect health.

"Thank you, Aenkidu. I wish I could return the favor, but my knowledge of magic does not extend past fire." Rulyon says, then he turns away to continue sifting through arrows.

Skills: Liquid Manipulation,+3(Lv 4), Ranged Training,+3(Lv 3),Healing Magic, +1(Lv 2), Dexterity, +2(Lv 2),Level 2(+1)
Total Bonuses: +5 to ranged attacks, +3 Liquid Manipulation,+1 to healing magic.

Inventory:

Ash Jiervan

Minor : Retrieve my swords.
Major : Loot the room, ignoring money and the dead goblins' equipment.

Roll( 7 )

The battle looks to have been won, so you turn back to where you set your greatsword and set to work strapping to sheath to your back. You look around the room after your sword is attached well , your gaze moving over the goblins and their equipment. You walk over to the desk, hoping it will hold something useful. You open the drawer and see sheets of paper, letting loose a sigh of disappointment at first, but then you examine the paper and the drawings on them. One of the sketches seems familiar as you recognize one of the explosive creations that you fought earlier. You look and the writing along the side of the page and notice gladly that the goblins use not only the same spoken language as you, but also the written word. If a faulty version of these models occur, it is preferable to remove from a distance with an arrow to the powder hold, though if you must engage them in melee you must slice AT the joint between the upper and lower leg on BOTH legs. You take note of the useful information and check over the other pages, finding information on other mechanical creations .You try to commit the other pages to memory as well, but find it slightly more difficult as you have not encountered their creations before.

Total bonuses: +5 (Melee training) +4 to rolls involving air manipulation(Master air manipulation),Level 3(+2 to combat rolls)Strength +2(Lv2),Repair-Weapons (Lv 1), Improve weapons(lv 1),Intelligence +1(Lv 1), Constitution lv 1, health +1

Health: 12/17

Inventory:

Ragnar: Meditation

You set your sword in front of you and focus, trying to communicate with the man who sent you on this mad journey. "I need aid, My body is broken and only my will keeps me standing. Help me." you think, sending those words on the way he taught you. Almost immediately you feel a flood of power rush through you. You do not even need to remove your armor to see if the healing worked, for you know it did.

Game events: Ash

Your group heads on through the room just after you showed them the designs for the mechanical creations. This proved to be a good idea because the inventors laboratory was beyond the door and you saw some of the creations from the paper. Three more of those explosive creations, four mechanical goblin shaped soldiers that's only real weakness is the control panel on their back, two human shaped mechanical creations which simply cutting through the wooden neck would suffice to deactivate. The real thing that drew your eyes, however, was the monstrosity in the center. That was the only real name for it. Twice Ragnar's height and not shaped like anything in particular. it had a blade on the end of one arm and a mace on the other. Legs, a box and two arms. Nothing looked like that in the designs. Then you heard a blood chilling laugh and looked up above to see a goblin on a metal rampart pull a lever, activating the creations. You look around for ideas and only see the two pools of oil next to the door, and a plethora of gears, levers and all manner of other gadgets scattered or heaped in piles across the room. You notice the sluggish speed that the creations activate, and deduce that you have some time before they reach you.
(1 turn until the enemies reach you)

Allies:

Ragnar
20/20
Claymore(2d8,x2)
Steel helmet(+4)
Chainmail Hauberk(+3)
Steel Greaves(+4)
Steel Boots(+4)
Fur cloak

Nezak(Away)

Health 7/17
Total bonuses: Level 2(+1),Fire magic lv 4(+3),Melee training lv 3(+3),Earth magic lv 2(+1),Constitution lv 2(+2 health), Strength (Lv 1)
Fine Iron Dagger(1d6,x2)
Leather boots(+1)
Leather Gloves(+1)
Iron helmet of bloodlust(+2 defense,+1 strength, cannot use non-combat related skills when in battle)
189 gold coins(28.4 lbs)

Enemies:
Goblin Inventor:

Goblin Robot 1:
Goblin Robot 2:
Goblin Robot 3 :
Human Robot 1:
Human Robot 2:
Explosive Creation 1:
Explosive Creation 2:
Explosive Creation 3:
Goblin Monstrosity:

Map so far(Upgraded):

R2D: Guardians of the Otherland - Page 27 Better13
Darien
Darien
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Rulyon Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:32 pm

Ash, if you use your air magic to blow the pools of oil over the explosive robots, I can shoot them with a flaming arrow; with teamwork we could possibly cause some major damage!
Rulyon
Rulyon
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinobody Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:23 pm

I could do that, too - you know, Liquid Manipulation...
But since it is hard action (multiple targets) I guess more the merrier...
So,
If Ash blows oil over explosive robots, use my Liquid Manipulation to help.
If he doesn't, do it on my own.

EDIT: How about this plan -
  1. I soak robots in oil; (Alternatively me and Ash, then it would take 2 turns rather than 1)
  2. Ash using his Air Magic throws them into giant robot;
  3. Rulyon lights them with fire arrow/fire magic;
  4. Giant Robot Boss Monster is dealt MASSIVE DAMAGE!
  5. Yes, profit.
Shinobody
Shinobody
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  8680 Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:42 pm

I don't think my Air Manipulation is strong enough to blow robots around.

Major : Blow the oil onto as many robots as possible.
Minor : Stand back. Tell my comrades the information I found in the desk, if I haven't already.
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Malregima Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:39 pm

Major: if either Ash or Aenkidu succeed in covering the robot in oil, Anima throws ball of water into inventor's mouth
if they both fail, i manipulate the oil toward the robots
minor: observe the surround for any exit
(seriously, there must be more then one exit)

Malregima
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Rulyon Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:52 pm

Malregima wrote:minor: observe the surround for any exit (seriously, there must be more then one exit)

Indeed. We are supposed to go "through" this room, through implies there's another way out. Remember folks, it's vitally urgent that of all the robots, the ones with explosives are focused on with the oil. They will be drenched, and the oil will drain down to the floor. The end result being oil-drenched robots collectively standing in a pool of oil. A single flaming arrow will ignite the entire pool and the oil on each robot, then eventually detonate the explosives... I HOPE!

Major Action:
If the robots are successfully drenched in oil:
Ignite a Shoddy goblin arrow with my fire magic and shoot the pool of oil.
If somehow EVERYONE fails to drench them:
Shoot the goblin inventor with an explosive arrow.
Rulyon
Rulyon
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinobody Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:11 pm

Okay then.
Drench robots in oil using Liquid Manipulation.
Brace for explosion.
Shinobody
Shinobody
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Malregima Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:12 pm

Rulyon wrote:
If somehow EVERYONE fails to drench them
lol!
i mean 3 people said similar action COME ON!!!!
but 'tis be hilarious if triple fail actually happened

i mean we can walk all the way back to the entrance but nooooooo we are too lazy and too cool to backtrack.
jokes aside, the goblin inventor, no matter how mad/insane he is, he lived long enough to take precaution; aka, getting the fuck out when situation gets worse.
i see levers... Twisted Evil

Malregima
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  AerynPierre Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:22 pm

If nothing else succeeds in igniting the oil...
Add a little spark to the "fire" and hopes that lights it.

If the oil has been ignited and its safe...
Move to attack the closest humanoid or orc robot with my looted axe.
AerynPierre
AerynPierre
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Darien Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:36 pm

It's so nice to see discussions going on about what to do during the roll, Very Happy
Here it is!

Amina(Malregima)

Major: if either Ash or Aenkidu succeed in covering the robot in oil, Anima throws ball of water into inventor's mouth
if they both fail, i manipulate the oil toward the robots
minor: observe the surround for any exit (seriously, there must be more then one exit)

Roll: ( 5 )

You see Ash fail at bringing up oil and ready your magic, but are reassured when you see Aenkidu bring up an absurd amount of oil and send it all flying towards a cluster of creations. Deciding your skills are unnecessary here, you instead create a small ball of water to send flying at the inventor. His laughing turns into open mouthed shock as he sees many of his creations covered in oil, perfect for the water. The ball flies straight into the goblins open mouth and he flies back from the railing in shock. You hear a cough and see the goblins flip around more levers. The creations covered in oil stop, where the other creations keep walking past. Then you notice a panel near the inventor lift off the wall to reveal a ladder, which the goblin hastily climbs up. You regrettably soon lose your grip on the water as the creature disappears from sight.

Skills:Water magic +3(Lv 4),Create water +1(lv 2)Melee training +3(Lv 3)Dexterity+2 (lv2)Intelligence +1(Lv 1),Healing Water,+1(Lv 2)

Health 13/17

Inventory:

Burza (AerynPierre)

If nothing else succeeds in igniting the oil...
Add a little spark to the "fire" and hopes that lights it.

If the oil has been ignited and its safe...
Move to attack the closest humanoid or orc robot with my looted axe

Roll: ( 8 )

The explosions goes off perfectly well. If the other three creations hadn't stopped with those covered in oil, they would surely not be standing. You grip your looted axe and are about to head towards the remaining robots when you notice just how far away they are(Refer to last turns game event notice, It will take the enemies at least 1 turn to reach you. It will still take time for them to get here, and it would be more prudent to wait and attack in a group then to charge out on your own. You instead let the lightning flow through your fingertips and fly out towards the monstrosity.

Burza: d29 (+3(lightning magic)+2(Intelligence)+1(level 2)+4(lucky!)
Goblin Monstrosity: d20

Burza's roll:3
Monstrosity's roll:5

Your lightning attack actually misses the target, blasting past into a pile of spare parts and sending them flying.

Effects:
Health 9/15

Inventory:

Rulyon Fletcher(Rulyon)

Major Action:
If the robots are successfully drenched in oil:
Ignite a Shoddy goblin arrow with my fire magic and shoot the pool of oil.
If somehow EVERYONE fails to drench them:
Shoot the goblin inventor with an explosive arrow.

Roll ( 8 )

You take an shoddy goblin arrow from your quiver, then ready your fire magic for the opportune moment. You watch Aenkidu drench many of them in oil and wait for a short time to see if Amina is going to do anything to help. Seeing her create a ball of water, you light the arrow and let it loose, choosing an explosive creation as your target.

Rulyon: d33(+4(Ranged training)+3(Dexterity)+1(Fire Magic)+1(Level 2)+4(Lucky))
Explosive Creation: d15(-5(Slippery oil))

Rulyon's roll:33
Explosive creation:14

Damage roll:(1d9,x3)=6

Your arrow hits the target and for a split second nothing happens. Your breath stops, everyone looks at the creation just standing there. Then the flames lick at the oil surrounding the arrow, quickly enveloping the creature and sending the flames through the oil at the creations feet. Before the fire can even reach the ground the creation explodes, detonating the other two around it and blasting the goblin like robots to bits. All that's left of the creations are lying engulfed in flames.

Inventory:

Aenkidu(Shinobody)

Drench robots in oil using Liquid Manipulation.
Brace for explosion.

Roll ( 8 )

As soon as Ragnar mentions the effect fire has on the oil, you try to use your manipulation of liquids to send out as much oil as you can towards the robots. You grasp the oil stronger than ever and send a large amount flying out towards the cluster. It lands between the goblins and the explosive creations, and you spread the oil outward, covering the goblins and explosive creations in a substantial amount of oil. You missed the humanoid shaped ones, but hope that Amina can pick up the slack before Rulyon and Burza begin their attack.

Seeing Rulyon light his arrow, your turn away from the inevitable blast, and when you hear the arrow connect, you turn around when nothing happens. Just then the creation blows up, destroying all the other creations engulfed in oil.

Inventory:

Ash Jiervan

Major : Blow the oil onto as many robots as possible.
Minor : Stand back. Tell my comrades the information I found in the desk, if I haven't already.

Roll( 4 )

You grab hold of the air over top of the oil pits, forcing it to coalesce and grip the oil. The oil barely budges, and you admit something must have gone wrong with the manipulation. Trying it again, you drive the air into the oil and try to force it up from below. Noticing that the creations are shambling ever closer, you decide not to waste any more time trying to send the oil towards them, hoping that Aenkidu and Amina can do the job themselves. You quickly remind your companions of the creations weaknesses. Pointing to the human shaped robot, the goblin shaped robot and the explosive creation respectively, you shout "Neck, back, and legs!" hoping those words will help if the enemy gets too close.

Inventory:

Ragnar:

You walk into the room and notice the two pools of a black liquid beside you, recognizing it as the substance called oil that you have run into on occasion. The rest of your party doesnt appear to know what it is, so you explain what you know. "Oil," you grunt. " Terrible thing, no one seems to know whats its for, except these goblins it seems. For all I know, the only thing its good for is burning places to the ground."

After you speak, without words everyone began to try and bring the oil out onto the enemy, or ready themselves to light up a firestorm.

Game events

The goblin creations are now within range to attack you, stand strong!

Allies:

Ragnar
20/20
Claymore(2d8,x2)
Steel helmet(+4)
Chainmail Hauberk(+3)
Steel Greaves(+4)
Steel Boots(+4)
Fur cloak

Nezak(Away)

Health 7/17
Fine Iron Dagger(1d6,x2)
Leather boots(+1)
Leather Gloves(+1)
189 gold coins(28.4 lbs)

Enemies:
Goblin Inventor:

Goblin Robot 1 (Dead):
Goblin Robot 2 (Dead):
Goblin Robot 3 (Dead) :
Human Robot 1:
Human Robot 2:
Explosive Creation 1 (Dead):
Explosive Creation 2 (Dead):
Explosive Creation 3 (Dead):
Goblin Monstrosity:

Map so far(Upgraded):

Darien
Darien
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  AerynPierre Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:53 pm

Someone help me if I succeed!!!

Swing my axe at Human Robot 1s shield, attempting to hook it and hopefully pull it free.

If I succeed...
Attempt to dodge any counter attack by the Robot, trying to draw its attention to what anyone else could be aiming to do at its reduced-defenses.

If I fail...
Try to keep a hold of the axe and draw it back, but don't risk my life to keep possession of it. Move away from the Robot in the direction of the group, attempt to dodge any counterattacks as I move.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had completely forgotten I had given myself healing magic. o.o Guess I'll try to remember that after battle!
AerynPierre
AerynPierre
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  8680 Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:28 pm

Major : Distract myself from my irritation at being bested (and by an elf, too) by sliding my mind into the comfortingly familiar routines of what has become my signature spell. Id est, cast Atmospheric Impedance.
Minor : None.
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinobody Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:20 pm

If Burza succeeds at disarming robot, shoot it with my Longbow.
If he doesn't... Well, shoot it above the shield?
Shinobody
Shinobody
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Rulyon Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:06 am

Notch an explosive arrow and begin whittling down the HP of the Monstrosity.
Rulyon
Rulyon
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Malregima Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:11 am

minor: keeping track of where the inventor escaped to, focuses back to the battle at hand
Major: make moving water shields for everyone

Edit: forgot to say
I KNEW THAT INVENTOR HAD ESCAPE PLAN!!!!

Last edited by Malregima on Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:35 pm; edited 2 times in total

Malregima
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  AerynPierre Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:25 am

Ah yes...but you could have it in front of me while I was not using the magic, maybe there was a way to move myself around it so I could "fire" from an angle, not immediately through it.

And just imagine...drench a metallic creature, then I zap it. Should be a electric conductor of its own right, eh? Hehe...
AerynPierre
AerynPierre
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Malregima Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:35 pm

AerynPierre wrote:Ah yes...but you could have it in front of me while I was not using the magic, maybe there was a way to move myself around it so I could "fire" from an angle, not immediately through it.
well i guess i could, it's not like my shield is physically touching each of the player, it's suppose to float around you till some object flies toward you.

AerynPierre wrote:
And just imagine...drench a metallic creature, then I zap it. Should be a electric conductor of its own right, eh? Hehe...
xD
but i'll cast different spell for drenching creature.

Malregima
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Darien Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:27 pm

Amina(Malregima)

minor: keeping track of where the inventor escaped to, focuses back to the battle at hand
Major: make moving water shields for everyone

Roll: ( 8 )

You make a mental note of the ladder behind the panel that the inventor scampered up to escape, then focus your attention to the battle at hand, now within reach to fight back against your attempts. You notice that only Rulyon and Aenkidu have water shields, and theirs are weak at that. Conjuring forth water of your own, you attempt to create water shields for all of your companions, you would have thought to include yourself, but your shield seems to have reached its limit.

Amina: d32(+3(Water magic)+1(Create Water)+1(Intelligence)+4(Very Lucky)+1(Robe of awareness)+1(Heirloom Staff)+1(Water Boots))
Targets: d20(5(x4))

Amina's roll:18
Target Roll:3

Your waters shields were created successfully, but they aren't as strong as you would have hoped. You send them out to float around your companions.

Create water level up(level 3)
Level up (level 3)

Skills:Water magic +3(Lv 4),Create water +2(lv 3)Melee training +3(Lv 3)Dexterity+2 (lv2)Intelligence +1(Lv 1),Healing Water,+1(Lv 2)
Total bonuses: Level 3(+2),

Health 13/17

Inventory:

Burza (AerynPierre)

Swing my axe at Human Robot 1s shield, attempting to hook it and hopefully pull it free.

If I succeed...
Attempt to dodge any counter attack by the Robot, trying to draw its attention to what anyone else could be aiming to do at its reduced-defenses.

If I fail...
Try to keep a hold of the axe and draw it back, but don't risk my life to keep possession of it. Move away from the Robot in the direction of the group, attempt to dodge any counterattacks as I move.

Roll: ( 2 )

Charging out to meet one of the humanlike robots in battle, you decide to attack the one with the shield, hoping to be able to pull it away with your axe.

Burza: d24 (+1(Level 2)-2(Unlucky)+5(Feigning Attack))
Human Robot 1:d22(+3(Melee training)+4(Strength)-4(Impedance)-1(Your Boots))

Burza's roll:20
Human Robot's roll:13

You swing your axe at the robot and it moves its shield to block, exactly what you wanted. You lunge forward and slightly up, then bring your axe down behind the shield and you feel the axe head dig into the wood. Leaping back with a firm grip on your axe, you pull and the shield comes loose, sticking onto your axe for a short time before it slides off. The robot seems annoyed by your trick and moves forward when Aenkidu fires an arrow, attracting the attention of the robot.

Skill learned: Melee training
Effects: Water Shield(+4)
Skills: Lightning Magic(Level 4), Dexterity (Level 3), Healing Magic(Level 3),Intelligence(Level 2) , Melee training,+1 (lv 1)
Health 9/15

Inventory:

Rulyon Fletcher(Rulyon)

Notch an explosive arrow and begin whittling down the HP of the Monstrosity.

Roll ( 2 )

Taking an explosive arrow from your quiver, you aim at the monstrosity, and quite frankly will be shocked if you miss such a massive creation.

Rulyon: d26(+4(Ranged training)+3(Dexterity)+1(level 2)-2(Unlucky))
Monstrosity: d23 (+5(Strength)+2(Melee skill)-4(Impedance))

Rulyon's roll:17
Monstrosity's roll:20

You aim for the head of the creation, and to your disbelief the arrow flies by, not even grazing the head. You won't make that mistake again, but are worried that part of the reason being that you wont be around for it. The goblin monstrosity moves towards you and is about to swing its armed arms at you, when Ragnar charges out from behind you.

Effects: Water Shield (+5)

Inventory:

Aenkidu(Shinobody)

If Burza succeeds at disarming robot, shoot it with my Longbow.
If he doesn't... Well, shoot it above the shield?

Roll ( 8 )

You take out your longbow, knowing that you do not have enough water left in the pouch, and draw an arrow. Then the water shield floating around you is suddenly reinvigorated by Amina, and you see it as an alternate supply of water for when you really need it. You watch Burza draw a great axe and charge towards the human robot, not expecting much to come of it by the way he held his axe, and the easy block that the robot performed with its shield. Then the axe is thrust slightly above the shield and brought down, hooking it, to which he then pulled away. The robot moves towards Burza, who is hastily regaining his balance after pulling the shield free. That's when you decide to fire an arrow. The bow, goblin-made, might have been quite the impediment to a regular archer, but your skill with a bow allowed you to adapt to the new style quickly.

Aenkidu: d30 (+3(Ranged Training)+2(Dexterity)+1(Level 2)+4(Lucky)
Human Robot: d23 (+3(Melee training)+4(Strength)-4(Impedance))

Aenkidu's roll: 26
Human Robot's roll: 22

Damage roll: Goblin longbow(1d8,x1)+1=2+1=3

The arrows flight is true, embedding itself in the wooden arm that used to hold the shield, doing some damage to whatever lies beneath the wooden cover.

Effects:Water Shield(+5 to defense)

Inventory:

Ash Jiervan

Major : Distract myself from my irritation at being bested (and by an elf, too) by sliding my mind into the comfortingly familiar routines of what has become my signature spell. Id est, cast Atmospheric Impedance.
Minor : None.

Roll( 3 )

Irritated as you are with being bested, and by an elf at that, you slide into the comfortingly familiar routines of what has become my signature spell. You call forth your powers over air to impede the enemy movements.

Ash Jiervan: d26(+4(Air Manipulation)+2(Level 3)+1(Intelligence)-1(Slightly unlucky))
Targets of impedance: d20 ( +5(x2(Human Robots))+10(Monstrosity, More force required))

Ash's Roll:26
Targets Roll:10

You force a good amount of air from the vast space above you and envelop the creations in air, hoping that the pressure will impede them enough to make a difference in the battle.

Water Shield(+5)

Inventory:

Ragnar:

You watch as Rulyon misses the monstrosity, and it proceeds to move towards him. Charging forth to meet the creation, you distract its attention away from your archer.

Ragnar: d31(+4(training)+4(Strength)+3(Level 4))
Monstrosity: d16 (+5(Strength)+2(Training)-4(Impedance)-7(15(Armor))

Ragnar's roll: 18
Monstrosity: 3

Damage roll: Claymore(2d8,x2)=5,3=8

Game events

Human Robot 2: Targeting -((1d3=1(Player 4(Aenkidu))(1d100=26, Burza Excluded)(1d100=65,Amina Included)

Human Robot:d23 (+3(Training)+4(Strength)-4(Impedance))
Aenkidu:d26 (+3(Ranged Training)+2(Dexterity)+1(Level 2))

Robot's roll:6
Aenkidu's roll:10

Damage Roll: Goblin longbow:1d8,x1=8

Allies:

Ragnar
20/20
Claymore(2d8,x2)
Steel helmet(+4)
Chainmail Hauberk(+3)
Steel Greaves(+4)
Steel Boots(+4)
Fur cloak

Nezak(Away)

Health 7/17
Fine Iron Dagger(1d6,x2)
Leather boots(+1)
Leather Gloves(+1)
189 gold coins(28.4 lbs)

Enemies:
Goblin Inventor:

Goblin Robot 1 (Dead):
Goblin Robot 2 (Dead):
Goblin Robot 3 (Dead) :
Human Robot 1:
Human Robot 2:
Explosive Creation 1 (Dead):
Explosive Creation 2 (Dead):
Explosive Creation 3 (Dead):
Goblin Monstrosity:

Wow, you guys were (for the most part) really lucky this turn!

Map so far(Upgraded):

Darien
Darien
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 29 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29  Next