Novalia Roll 2 Dodge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FoolishBalloon's NEW R2D Stranded

+6
Bigkahuna
JackBarber
Rulyon
Saima
FoolishBalloon
10 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

FoolishBalloon's NEW R2D Stranded Empty FoolishBalloon's NEW R2D Stranded

Post  FoolishBalloon Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:13 pm

Okay guys, I'm back from my absence! It's been like half a year (and hopefully I'm better at English this time Wink ) My keyboard is kinda broken, so rhere might come many typos where F and N are missing, as they are like stuck, and my D key is missing totally, so I might dduble spell DD sometimes Smile

To all GM:s: If I'm still in your games, remove me as I don't have time to focus on other games now.

This game will be kind o an experiment to see if I have the time to regulary post rolls. So, the ssetting is - as the Title suggests Stranded. This game will have some similarities to my old one. The players are all stranded, more details about that will come on the first roll. It will be a sandbox-like game, so the players can do what the want - from pee on a turtle to make a nuke (With the correct materials) and blow all players up. The players will encounter a load of different items and entities.

I'll use a D6, 1 = Fail and 6 = Win. (If I have 5 = Epic Win my skill system won't work)

The players can learn any skills possible, ranging from simple things like crafting and fighting to complex stuff like making potions or magic scrolls.

The inventory system is simple: You will have a limit of 50, you can't carry more than 50 units of items. This can be improved by crafting certain stuf like baskets och bags, or leveling up in strength.

So, please ask me for further information, I just wanna know if there are any active players right now Smile

Players:
Saima
Rulyon
JackBarber
AerynPierre
Talkal
KeZZa 7777

Waiting:

Last edited by FoolishBalloon on Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:38 am; edited 6 times in total
FoolishBalloon
FoolishBalloon
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

http://www.spelochfiske.se

Back to top Go down

FoolishBalloon's NEW R2D Stranded Empty Re: FoolishBalloon's NEW R2D Stranded

Post  Saima Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:43 pm

This seems identical to your old game.

So I'm in! Razz
Saima
Saima
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  FoolishBalloon Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:55 pm

Yeah, it'll be very similar Smile Some changes, like inventory system and also the items availble for you Smile
FoolishBalloon
FoolishBalloon
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Rulyon Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:29 pm

I'm in! Though put me on the wait list unless you don't get enough other players. I always jump on the band wagon before many others have had a chance to join. Maybe we can get one of those new players on here!
Rulyon
Rulyon
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  8680 Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:51 pm

Add me to the waiting list too, please.
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  JackBarber Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:24 pm

I'm with Rulyon, add me to the waiting list, I'll play unless someone new comes along.
JackBarber
JackBarber
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  FoolishBalloon Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:58 pm

Great! I'll wait until day after tomorrow if it's okay with you guys? Also, check with IRL buddies if they wanna try this out, they might become great players Smile
FoolishBalloon
FoolishBalloon
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:04 pm

Welcome back, Foolish! Wasn't really ever expecting you to return, TBH!

Good to have you back.
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  FoolishBalloon Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:43 pm

Thx! I came back for multiple reasons: One: I thought of making a game - the advantages IRL. I'm Swedish and goes to school. I'll learn a load of English this way, and if I see it necessary I can also show my teacher what I'm writing.
Two: Saima found me on youtube and contacted me, and because he said that he liked my previous game I got happy and decided to check how this forum was going.
Three: I saw that we had some new members, and about 7+ members had been logged in today. Why not give them another game to play? Smile
FoolishBalloon
FoolishBalloon
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  FoolishBalloon Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:56 pm

By the way, I came back just in time! Tomorrow it's been exactly a year since I registered here! Smile
FoolishBalloon
FoolishBalloon
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  its_crunchtime Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:37 pm

Welcome back!
Regrettably I won't be joining your game this time, as, like the others, I want to give new players a chance, and I'm already "in" three games (Rulyons soon-to-be, Frogger's & Bigkahuna's on the waiting list)

So truly this post is to just say welcome back. Razz
its_crunchtime
its_crunchtime
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Saima Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:44 pm

Neutral

I guess I'll go on the waiting list as well. Peer pressure Razz
Saima
Saima
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Rulyon Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:44 pm

Don't get me wrong, folks. At the rate things are going right now I may get to play from the start after all... everyone's going to the wait list! How much time should we give the newbies before jumping in?
Rulyon
Rulyon
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  AerynPierre Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:14 am

I'm bucking the trend, sign me up!

With the proviso that if a newbie joins the wait list, I will wield my spot to them. (Some tale being off from te group or something else GM prefers).
AerynPierre
AerynPierre
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  FoolishBalloon Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:21 am

Great! We have 5 players now, so we can start anytime. But I'll wait for like 1-2 days for a new player to join! Smile
FoolishBalloon
FoolishBalloon
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Talkal Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:07 am

I liked your previous game, so count me in.
Talkal
Talkal
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Saima Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:28 pm

Its interesting: IMHO, its pretty obvious Foolish's last game wasn't detailed -- mechanically or story-wise . But everyone seems to like it nonetheless. I'm trying to find out what that intangible factor that makes his games enjoyable... Looking forward to the game, Foolish Very Happy

Edit: Just a note. I don't mean to insult Foolish's games in any way. They work fine just the way they are.
Saima
Saima
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  FoolishBalloon Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:38 pm

Okay, so we have 6 players. That's my limit, I took in way too many in my last game.. So, I'll preapre a roll soon, seems like no new people have signed up yet. They do maybe want to see how the game will turn out, so I'll roll pretty soon.
FoolishBalloon
FoolishBalloon
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  FoolishBalloon Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:39 pm

So here is the roll: (Intro to the story)

You were members in a team of explorers. You had heard of a mysterius magnetic field around an unknown island, so you and your 30 companions decided to check what happened, because the last team never returned. Though, the last team was 5 people.

You looked at the sea from you ship. The ship was pretty big, but not close to a cruiser. It was striped red and white, with a big black questionmark surrounded by bones. That was the sign of the 'Explorers'. You saw this island. It looked like a paradise. White beaches surrounded it, and some trees were scattered in the sand. urther in was a green, beautiul forest. You couldn't see much of the island because of it's size. You heard birds peacefully sing, ad felt the wind blow your hair backwards. You walked to the captain, the group of you. You asked him what to do. "Start by getting your equipment ready. We have anything from matches to rifles."

Saima [5]

"You heard the captain" you said, and you walked out to the 'armory'. The 'armory' was a temporary hut built on the boat, stacked to the roof with equipments. Hopefully you'll find anything you might need in there. You stroked your hand against the rough cloth the hut was made of, and walked inside. There were racks everywhere in this hut. The racks were filled with all neccesarities ever needed. You found a lighter, and stuffed it into your pocket. Then you took a small flaregun and 3 flares. You looked at the weapon rack, and found a big, sturdy knife. Perfect for killing stuff in melee. After that you took a leather bag and stuffed a pistol in it, but you only found 3 bullets or the gun. Then smoke filled the armory and you threw yourself out, making a large hole through the cloth where smoke wells out. You coughed up a black slimy liquid. "I hope it's not deadly" you thought.

Inventory:

Rulyon [4]

You followed your companions to the 'armory' and looked at that giant rack. It was striped yellow and black with a skull on it. There were a lot of vials of poison there. You grabbed them all. Then you looked after an animal as a companion, but smoke filled the room, and you ran out.

Inventory:

JackBarber [2]

You saw the other people walk to the armory, but you slipped on a banana peel and didn't manage to get to the armory in time. But a man appeared and gave you two daggers. You got happy and hugged him, but he kicked you in the face then.

Active effects
Footprint in the face: -1 to all rolls in 2 turns.

Inventory:

AerynPierre [5]

You followed your friends and went into the armory and looked at the weapon rack. There you found an UZI, but only 5 rounds. You grabbed it, and walked over to your friends, where you took a pair of dagger. You walked out from the armory and saw JackBarber lying on the floor and crying, with a banana peel on his head. You felt his sorrow, and gave him you daggers. He immediately stopped crying and looked so happy that you didn't mind loosing your daggers. Then he hugged you, so you kicked him in the face.

Inventory:

Talkal [6]

You followed your friends, and laughed very evil when JackBarber slipped an a banana peel that you threw on the floor. When you got inside the armory you immediately found a small glass screen. Behind it you saw some black cloth, a red stripe and a lot of shiny metal stuff. A sign said: Do not take. Collectors edition. You saw a shelf with smoke grenades, and took them. You threw one on the floor, and everyone started to panic. You smacked the glass, and found a ninja suit. You put it on and took the shurikens and kunais ((Yep, I'm a Naruto fan!)) and put them in your waist bag. You also found a book from a man called NigaHiga called How to be Ninja.

Inventory:

KeZZa 7777 [6]

You followed your friends into the armory, where you quickly searched. You found a lot of things. You took two pistols, one RPG, two katanas and 4 grenades. You also took a dart-shooter. Happy with what you found, you walked out from the armory when you saw Talkal find some smoke bombs. You knew that he loved anything explosive, and were glad that you took the RPG and the grenades. You also managed to get a backpack.

Inventory:

All of you now had weapons, though one has a red footprint in the face. You all looked out at the island. Beautiful. But then you saw smoke welling up from the middle of the island. Just a little, like a campfire. Then more, like a burning tree. Then it erupted in a cloud of smoke. The sky became black in a matter of seconds. The crew started screaming "Turn the ship!" and "Send for heeelp!!!" You began panicking and ran around in circles on the boat. Ash began falling down on you heads, and the water turned gray. Then you heard a swishing noise. You looked up. A strange, green stone fell towards the boat. It was the size of about 5 coconuts. You threw yourselves on the ground, trying to find shelter under any tables, and then the stone hit the boat. Pieces of wood and wrecked metal flew past your heads. You saw your cremates fall to the ground, with large wooden spears through their bodies. Some of your friends got hit by large metal scraps. Blood floated through the ship, and the ship was split in two. Water flushed over you. And suddenly it was over. The black clouds disappeared. The water turned blue again, and the island was normal again. Like nothing had happened. Disregard that the boat was split in half and sinking, and that blood floated over the deck into the water. What will you do?!

Last edited by FoolishBalloon on Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:58 pm; edited 4 times in total
FoolishBalloon
FoolishBalloon
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  8680 Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:17 pm

I only wanted a waiting list slot.
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  FoolishBalloon Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:24 pm

You sure? The game has started now ^^
FoolishBalloon
FoolishBalloon
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  8680 Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:28 pm

Yes, I'm sure.
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  FoolishBalloon Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:15 am

I'm at school now, so I have Internet. My English teacher allowed me to continue on this Smile I'll continue on this roll now Smile
FoolishBalloon
FoolishBalloon
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

FoolishBalloon's NEW R2D Stranded Empty ...?

Post  KeZZa 7777 Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:23 am

If there is a free spot, the Kezmeister is interested in joining! And by Kezmeister i mean me...
KeZZa 7777
KeZZa 7777
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  FoolishBalloon Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:37 am

I'll get you in in the next roll! Smile

The first roll is done guys! Smile
FoolishBalloon
FoolishBalloon
High Gamemaster