Novalia Roll 2 Dodge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FoolishBalloon's NEW R2D Stranded

+6
Bigkahuna
JackBarber
Rulyon
Saima
FoolishBalloon
10 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

FoolishBalloon's NEW R2D Stranded - Page 3 Empty Re: FoolishBalloon's NEW R2D Stranded

Post  JackBarber Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:54 am

Ohhhhhh.... That makes more sense now... I thought he had like put a spoiler at the bottom about something and was telling us to like the rolls we got or something... XD
JackBarber
JackBarber
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

FoolishBalloon's NEW R2D Stranded - Page 3 Empty Re: FoolishBalloon's NEW R2D Stranded

Post  FoolishBalloon Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:29 pm

Okay, roll's done now Smile Took quite a time, cuz I suddenly got a really bad pain in my stomach Razz
FoolishBalloon
FoolishBalloon
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

http://www.spelochfiske.se

Back to top Go down

Post  FoolishBalloon Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:41 pm

By the way, I have some new information about the skills system:

If you want to use a skill in your roll, write it like this: Action... [Skill you want to use]

otherwise won't I use the skill in your roll.

Also, check Talkal's skills. It says 10/10 experience. He needs to use his mayor roll any roll to level it up. He must focus on the skill, he can't be like "Kill this animal [Ninja]" to level it up. He needs to sit down and meditate for a roll to learn it. But you gain Experience by using the skill. When you try to level up I'll use a D10. If you get a 7, 8, or 9 you will succeed and level up the skill. If you get a 10 you will succeed and get a bonus amount of XP (A D5+the level of the skill will determine the XP you will get). If you get 4, 5 or 6 you will fail, and if you get 1, 2 or 3 you will fail and loose all the xp you have gathered for that level up.

When you are using the skill it will affect you by using a better die. For example, Talkal wants to sneak up behind a person now. Then he would use a D6. But i he had Ninja on a better level he would use a D7, where 7 is slightly better than 6. The biggest diference is that it's a lot smaller chance of gaining a 1.

I hope you understand, feel free to ask Smile

Last edited by FoolishBalloon on Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
FoolishBalloon
FoolishBalloon
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Talkal Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:50 pm

You wrote what will happen if we get a roll 1-9, what happens when we get 10? Only a success or a little power-up?

Give the other guys food, and meditate about my Ninja skills.
"When I wake up, this deer must be ready to eat"
Talkal
Talkal
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  FoolishBalloon Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:59 pm

Ooops, sorry, I'll fix that Wink
FoolishBalloon
FoolishBalloon
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  JackBarber Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:03 pm

Search the island for more stuff...
JackBarber
JackBarber
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  AerynPierre Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:23 pm

Walk over to Rulyon and examine his katana curtly. Contemplate for a few minutes...then offer up the uzi in exchange for the blade.

To Rulyon..."I dislike this...willing to switch?"

To everyone else..."I have some bread we can split, something to fill us as we try to figure out what to do around here."
AerynPierre
AerynPierre
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  FoolishBalloon Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:55 pm

Hmm, as you seem quite fixated at food: As it's now, food is useless. But I have 2 ideas to give it some uses:

One: Adding Cooking skill. The better the food is cooked, the better bonuses you gain from it, for example, you get +1 for all rolls in 2 turns. But this might make the game unbalanced in a short while.

Two: Add hunger points, that goes down after like each major event (Not each roll, as a 20 minutes fight could be like 8 rolls) and that you'll receive a small buff if it's full (Like +1 to meditation success) and debuffs if it's low. What do you think?

Another option is to make it like if the hunger points are full, then you get a +1 to all rolls, but the problem is that it will be overpowered. So maybe changing from a D6 to a D10 or D15?

Tell me you opinions guys, as you are the players your thoughts are very important! Smile
FoolishBalloon
FoolishBalloon
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Rulyon Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:02 pm

Minor: Accept the trade.

Major: Search for construction materials we can use to build a shelter.
Rulyon
Rulyon
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  JackBarber Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:32 pm

I think that the hunger points thing is a bad idea just have it refill a small amount of Health or something...
JackBarber
JackBarber
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  FoolishBalloon Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:49 am

Actually, I didn't think about that. So simple but such a good idea! I think I'll stick with that guys, if you agree with JackBarber?
FoolishBalloon
FoolishBalloon
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  FoolishBalloon Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:41 am

Waiting for Saima and KeZZa
FoolishBalloon
FoolishBalloon
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  KeZZa 7777 Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:56 am

Major - Cut up as much wood as possible with my axe.
Minor - Suggest that we use a small amount as a fire and the rest for a hut.
KeZZa 7777
KeZZa 7777
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Saima Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:17 am

Look around for useful construction materials
Saima
Saima
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  FoolishBalloon Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:06 pm

Rolling tomorrow. Also, a quick warning: I'll be gone from Sunday to Friday, so there will be no rolls then. I hope you will survive Wink
FoolishBalloon
FoolishBalloon
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  FoolishBalloon Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:22 am

The roll is here!

Roll #3

Saima [5] (D5)

Look around for useful construction materials

You went and looked for anything that might be useful to build with. You walked into the forest and looked everywhere, under stones, in trees, just everwhere. After a while you got our from the forest, with a pile of logs, some big leaves and a few sticks.

Active Effects
none

Skills:

Inventory:

Rulyon [3]

Minor: Accept the trade.

Major: Search for construction materials we can use to build a shelter.

You saw a man examine your katana. You were very tired, so you didn't really recall who he was. Then he pulled up an Uzi. You thought he was going to shoot you, so you got totally awake. Then he said that he wanted to trade his Uzi for your katana. You felt happy, and accepted. Then you went into the forest and gathered some materials for a shelter. Not too much, because the Uzi was so heavy. You managed to find some clay and some sticks, plus a couple of big leaves.

Active Effects
Too heavy: -1 to all rolls until you do something about it.

skills:

JackBarber [2]

Search the island for more stuff...

You started to search after anything useful, but you couldn't find anything. Instead you found a snake. It was green and red striped. You looked for your friends, but you were alone in the forest. It began hissing and moved for you.

Active effects
None

Skills:

AerynPierre [-] ((Both are minor actions))

Walk over to Rulyon and examine his katana curtly. Contemplate for a few minutes...then offer up the uzi in exchange for the blade.

To Rulyon..."I dislike this...willing to switch?"

To everyone else..."I have some bread we can split, something to fill us as we try to figure out what to do around here."

You walked over to Rulyon and examined his katana. Then you asked if he wanted to trade it for your katana. He accepted, and you shared your bread with all your friends.

Active Effects
none

Inventory:

Talkal [9] (D10)

Give the other guys food, and meditate about my Ninja skills.
"When I wake up, this deer must be ready to eat"

You gave the other guys your food, but noone was interested in it, they had their own tasks. So you sat down and crossed your legs. You thought of how you mastered the art of Ninja, and felt how your soul got dragged out from your body. You saw colors spinning around you, and felt an inner voice that spoke on an foreign language. Then you saw a stream of colorless energy flowing into your body, and you knew that you had succeeded. When you woke up you felt even stronger in the art of Ninja.

Active Effects
none

Skills:

Inventory:

KeZZa 7777 [3]

Major - Cut up as much wood as possible with my axe.
Minor - Suggest that we use a small amount as a fire and the rest for a hut.

You cut up quite some wood, enough for a fire and you got some spare wood over. Too bad that it wasn't enough for a hut.

Active Effects
none

Inventory:
FoolishBalloon
FoolishBalloon
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  JackBarber Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:10 am

Kill the snake, and either if I fail or succeed return to camp, carrying the body of the snake if I succeeded, and drinking the Health Potion if I got bitten or anything by the snake.

I really think you should set up an actual Health system, and possibly put something like the inventories like [37 of 50 space used] instead of just showing how much we can have and how much each item weighs.
JackBarber
JackBarber
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  FoolishBalloon Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:06 pm

Good ideas! I've considered the health system, but I have had some other ideas that also might work. I'll decide until next roll.
FoolishBalloon
FoolishBalloon
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  KeZZa 7777 Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:35 pm

Major - Cut up some more wood with my axe for the hut
Minor - Suggest to the others that we combine all our materials to build a shelter
KeZZa 7777
KeZZa 7777
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  AerynPierre Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:34 pm

Major: Move off from the group and practice with the katana, familiarizing myself with the weight of the blade. All the better to use its speed in combat.

Minor: Explore the surrounding area, getting a vague mind-map of our location.
AerynPierre
AerynPierre
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Talkal Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:52 am

Train shooting the shurikens
Talkal
Talkal
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Saima Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:24 pm

Begin building a base out of my construction materials
Saima
Saima
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Rulyon Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:05 pm

Assist Saima with construction.
Rulyon
Rulyon
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  FoolishBalloon Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:14 am

Yo guys! Sorry for the delay! I've been ill for pretty long now, since I disappeared. That means that I missed a lot of school too, which means that I don't have time for this now. So I'll suspend this R2d for about a week, because I have 1 test this week (Thursday) and two tests next week. I hope that I can continue here after those tests Smile
FoolishBalloon
FoolishBalloon
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:39 pm

Attention New Members and Returning Players!

The forum has been relocated!

For a variety of reasons (our founder left, there's been a threat of arbitrary and sudden shutdown from forumotion ever since the forum was created), we as a community have decided to leave Forumotion and migrate to Freeforums.

The new forum is here!

To join our forums or continue playing a game that you are in, just register at our new location! Hope to see you there! We're very much still alive, and there's always room for more games and more players.

Foolish - sorry for the abrupt notice, but I saw that no one was moving their games over, and that really needs to be done. We're stagnating in transition phase, and so I thought I'd kickstart it. Your archives are up and running, so you can re-post the OP and get started!

This thread has now been soft-locked. Please do not post after this message.
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3