Novalia Roll 2 Dodge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roll 2 Dodge: The Facility

+7
ShadoWKilleR
Artlis
FLAMELASHER
XxoriginxX
Bigkahuna
Talkal
Daravel
11 posters

Page 13 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down

Roll 2 Dodge: The Facility - Page 13 Empty Re: Roll 2 Dodge: The Facility

Post  ShadoWKilleR Mon May 16, 2011 11:39 pm

Yay, I'm stuck below rubble so I don't HAVE to interact with the sleazy top hat guy Very Happy

Be aware that if he tries something funny I'm going to turn that top hat into pure energy.
ShadoWKilleR
ShadoWKilleR
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Daravel Thu May 19, 2011 3:50 pm

I've PM'd Artlis. Hopefully he still wants to play - I really don't want to kill off a character. I'll give him 1 or 2 days.

Daravel
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Regnar13 Fri May 20, 2011 5:52 pm

At least if he doesn't play you have me to replace him with ^.^

But still, it sucks when someone just quits or goes inactive.
Regnar13
Regnar13
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Daravel Mon May 23, 2011 11:01 am

Looks like Artlis is inactive. Regnar, I will PM you some information about you joining the game.

I will roll as soon as possible, once i've sorted things with Regnar.

Daravel
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Daravel Thu May 26, 2011 8:35 am

Everyone ignored the man at first, concentrating on the rescue effort; he stood patiently, still smiling and watching your efforts with interest. Artlis began to hurl small bits of rubble aside in a frenzy, his face hard set and a fire in his eyes; suddenly he exploded in a fit of rage.
“Damn this place, damn it to hell! What the f-. Why the f-. Just what the hell are we doing here?” He stops. Breathing heavily he taps his hand upon the nearest boulder. “Fine, you want to play games, try this for a game!”
“Wait, Artlis… What are you going to do? I think it might be best if you leave this to the rest of us.” Charles laid a calming hand on Artlis’ shoulder.
“No… No… I can do this. Teleportation. Can’t be that hard can it? In this magical sodding place. Teleport her out, everyone’s happy, right?” With that, Artlis [3] incredibly managed to spirit the bruised and battered Janette out from her rocky prison, unfortunately, Artlis replaced her.
“Oh man… Tom, can you get him out of there?” Johnny was laying sprawled on his front and could only see several pairs of legs and had watched in dismay as one had disappeared; he heard a faint pop behind him. “And don’t forget me.”
“Of course.” Tom hurried over to the rubble pile, the descending roof had begun to fracture and snap as it met varying resistance across the maze; fortunately it seemed to have come to rest on top of the rubble. Sitting down next to Johnny, Tom [2] attempted to gradually lift the rubble of his two trapped friends but something was resisting him; the downward force of the enchanted roof was too great for Tom to counteract; the prison buckled inwards slightly causing everyone to wince and Johnny to shout in pain.

“Hey, let’s be careful with all these powers popping off all over the place. You’re getting way too trigger happy. We can probably pull Johnny out if we just move a few of the large rocks.” John [4] took a moment to appraise the situation before hauling aside several boulders and levering a final one up. “Hold this Tom, while I pull him free.” Johnny slid out, his mangled leg trailing behind.
“Thank you.” The pain in Johnny legs subsided slightly as the pressure had been relieved. “I can’t believe Artlis… This place really screws up your head. We’ve got to look out for each other.” Johnny [5] easily set his leg to heal and could feel the bones knitting themselves back together. Turning his attention to Janette he did the same for the broken ribs, but she still looked a little dazed.
Janette [4-2=2] lay on the hard ground looking up at the sky, feeling a little giddy and unable to maintain a consistent train of thought she considered her prior actions and grinned stupidly at her obvious heroism and began mumbling “lucky really… no one else… rock to the face… hero… saved you all.” Deciding to continue with her heroic streak Janette tried to gain greater mastery over matter, but delving so far into her subconscious generated a pounding headache and she quickly stopped.

During this time the newcomer had not moved, still smiling he politely coughed to alert you to his continued presence. Charles looked up and nodded, walking over he introduced himself. His hand was placed casually over the pistol attached to his belt, ready. “Well, you had better explain yourself, you say you weren’t helping those goons out of choice, so who are you and what were you doing? And if you’re serious about helping us, you could start by pointing us in the direction of supplies and giving us some information about this place.”
“Alright, no problem… I’ll start at the beginning.” The man took a seat on a large stone. “I came here, oh, about 3 or 4 months ago – hard to keep track of time here you see. I was alone, I’m a farmer, out in the fields in the morning minding my own business, and the suns are up in the sky when it all goes dark. Next thing I know is that I’m here, part of this freaky experiment. I’m on my own, right? So I think the best thing to go for is defence, I make a pretty good shield. It let me survive the more predatory residents here. That was until I met these people.” He gestured generally towards the house. “Man, they were viscous, determined and outright crazy. I’m holed up in some house and they start bringing it down around me, once I’m good and buried they continued to pound me, it was utterly relentless and in the end I collapsed, exhausted. They brought me here and forced me to help them – my defensive abilities complemented their out and out attack strategy. I said they were crazy, not stupid. They could track my mind, so no escape. I’m sorry for attacking you guys, but, I had no other option really.”

“You want to know about this place? I’m afraid, there isn’t all that much I can tell you. Simply, the Enforcers are on top, they want us for something – well, they want some of us. Tests, experiments, missions and fear; that’s their game. If you want to survive you keep your head down and get on with life. Head over to the InfoPoints, you can pick up missions there, they earn you credits which you can use in the shops, or to pay to stay alive. They come from the Enforcers I reckon, another way of testing you.”
“We have some supplies in the house, but not much. These guys were content with murder than quality of life. But I guess its all yours now. I can’t help you much with the rest of this place, I didn’t exactly see much of it, at least, and none that was worth remembering.”
“So, I’ve got some useful skills, how about I come along. Plus, I have certain influence with some of the more unsavoury characters around here; being an evil psychopath has some advantages!”

Everyone is now out of the rubble (Artlis is beyond your aid). You are stood on the corner at D1. It is time for you to find out what this place is and how you are going to get out.

Spoiler:

Regnar is playing as the newcomer (no character info as I forgot to ask him for it - I will update this post once it is all sorted, shouldn't affect you for this roll). I will be away for several days. Hopefully things will be spiced up a bit now, the newcomer has some information that you can use and you should now be venturing into the Facility proper.

Daravel
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Thu May 26, 2011 11:50 am

Minor: Ask the man what is name is, and tell us ('ask nicely but firmly') to take us to the house that was formerly his base.
Major: Take any carryable supplies from the house, marking the position of the house on the map with a large "B" [Base] for later use.
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  ShadoWKilleR Thu May 26, 2011 3:25 pm

>Bash one of the dead bastards head into the floor for good measures [+1 to evil Psycopath checks] (joke stat)
>"Just make sure you're not going to accidentally one of us, or you'll end up like that guy."
>NOT YET DECIDED

Can I get link to map again? And it'll be helpful if you just keep the link in the current roll or something. *going to check first post*
ShadoWKilleR
ShadoWKilleR
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Daravel Thu May 26, 2011 3:44 pm

I assume you found it, but it is in the first post, last spoiler (map and additional information).
It is technically marked already, remember, each square represents a rough block (not ideal, I know). It is the red X in D1 that you asked to check out.

Daravel
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  ShadoWKilleR Fri May 27, 2011 5:11 am

Yeah, I checked the map but forgot to change the post to reflect so... Sorry :S

Revised action:
>Bash one of the dead bastards head into the floor for good measures [+1 to evil Psycopath checks] (joke stat)
>"Just make sure you're not going to "accidentally" one of us, or you'll end up like that guy."
>Head for F2 info point, check out what can be done there.

The first is a minor, the 2nd is talking and the 3rd is major I guess?
And how large is every "sector"?

Last edited by ShadoWKilleR on Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:21 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Stupid mistake >.<)
ShadoWKilleR
ShadoWKilleR
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Daravel Fri May 27, 2011 5:32 am

It's a bit like the American grid system, each block has a row of buildings facing the 4 roads each side, I imagined there would be around 15 houses on each road. Of course, if there are different buildings on that road it may vary (the entire block could be one large building). There are certain physical limitations to my plan, but I'm going to skate around them like a proffesional skater - Although, there is a RP solution to them.

In terms of navigation it is both specific and vague... Heading to a block in search of a specific building (one that would be obvious, such as the infopoint, or one that you have been to before will generally lead you straight to it). If you wish to discover what the red X on the map is, depending on rolls may mean you find it instantly (such as you did in finding the one at D1).

I apreciate that it is not perfect, but I'm no artist and I think we can survive with me just winging it a bit in places Smile

Daravel
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  its_crunchtime Sat May 28, 2011 12:02 am

Follow Janette, noting any points of interest we may pass as I do so.
its_crunchtime
its_crunchtime
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Daravel Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:54 pm

Waiting on 3 people Smile

Daravel
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Talkal Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:14 am

Follow Jannette
Talkal
Talkal
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Regnar13 Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:36 pm

"It seems that more people would like to head to the info point so I shall follow. We may still visit the house at a later point."
Follow Janette to the info point and (if I still can as part of my action) chose a mission (I am assuming I know how because I have been here for a while and seem to understand my way around)
Regnar13
Regnar13
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  FLAMELASHER Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:37 pm

Major: Practice my Necro skill
Minor: Follow Jannete
FLAMELASHER
FLAMELASHER
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  ShadoWKilleR Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:21 am

You know grinding powers is basically telling the DM: "THROW LOTS OF MONSTERS AT US" right?
ShadoWKilleR
ShadoWKilleR
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  FLAMELASHER Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:19 am

Monsters=Action=Fun, right?
FLAMELASHER
FLAMELASHER
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  ShadoWKilleR Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:00 am

Not when the DM gets bored and stops rolling because everyone is grinding all the time. *Stares at FLAMELASHER and then at a certain locked game*
ShadoWKilleR
ShadoWKilleR
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Daravel Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:02 pm

Well, I'm not getting bored yet. But, I do see the problem, if there isn't anything specific to do then the best option is to grind a power.

However, when you move from one place to another, nothing stops you searching a random building as you pass, or talking to a random stranger you may meet. The Facility has a lot going on inside of it and it would be impossible for me to explain every little option you have at any given moment.

Sorry for the delay in rolling, I was away for several days and I have just been accepted for my masters and now need to work out how I'm going to pay for it; so lots of phone calls and such. I should roll tommorow.

Daravel
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  ShadoWKilleR Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:30 pm

But if the DM guides us to where HE wants us to go then it's not a *good* game anymore, there is no choice left for you other than how it's going to go down. Think CoD *linear plot - shooter*.
ShadoWKilleR
ShadoWKilleR
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Daravel Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:21 pm

I do apologise for being so rubbish at updating, it just takes a fair bit of time to plan it all, and I have so many other things to do.

Charles absorbed the mass of information the curious man had just given, he seemed polite enough, well spoken, but still had an air of danger about him – possibly the effect of hanging around psychopaths for 3 months.
“Sure, you can come along, but no… funny business. What’s your name?”
“Mackeever.”
“Right, well… Mac. Could you show us around.” Charles gestured to the house. “I’d like to get as many supplies as possible.”

“Sure, no problem. But I think your friends may have other plans.” The rest of the group were whispering to each other, John was gesturing away over the houses. “Feel free to go inside, there’s nothing too dangerous in there, but like I said, there isn’t much.”

“Alright, thank you.” Charles turned to his friends. “You guys decide where we’re heading, I’m checking this house out first.” He pulled the map from his bag, marked the block with a B and handed it to Janette. Covering the short distance quickly, Charles [1] found the door ajar, stepping inside his sense were assaulted by a putrid smell; as his eyes adjusted to the gloom he saw the squalid conditions. Dirt, dirty clothes, dirty plates, dirty dirt. A thick layer of dust hung in the air making it hard to see far, gripping a torch in one hand – its rays barely penetrating the musk, Charles ventured forward a few steps and sifted through the assortment of rubbish. Finding nothing of value, and repulsed by the environment, Charles gives it up as a bad job. As he headed back to the group he was hit with a violent coughing fit.

Janette sat up, her head was beginning to clear a bit, then she suddenly shot to her feet. “Right… Mr.. See your dead friend here?” She cast her eyes around crazily but the corpses were now trapped in the tomb behind them, instead she spied a piece of rock, picking it up she wielded it above her head. “If you accidently do… something… to us… then… bash bash bash bash bash bash” she pounded the rock down onto a larger piece spraying everyone in dust; mackeever merely raised his eyebrows.

“I assure you, I won’t be doing anything…somethings to you.”
“Right, well… that’s good.” Janette looked embarrassed, she got up and joined the others who were poring over the map. “Sorry about that, my head was aching like mad. I suggest we head over to an InfoPoint, see if we can’t find out what is going on here.”
“The nearest InfoPoint is a couple of blocks over, that way.” He pointed in a south easterly direction.
“F2, yeah… That’s where we should head.” Charles joined them, spluttering a bit from his coughing fit. “Are you ok?
“Yeah… yeah. That place is a damn health hazard, what the hell were you people doing in there?” Charles barely had enough breath to be annoyed.
“I did warn you… They were animals.” Mackeever picked up a small shield he had laid on the floor and adjusted his dagger that was strapped to his side and headed after the rest of the group. The walked alongside the huge fence that ringed the Facility, it pulsed and hummed, the energy appeared to be the same that encapsulated them when they slept. John [6] kept an eye out for anything interesting as they walked, in the far distance he saw a huge construction that seemed to grow with every step they took, sections reached out to the energy fence and it scaled to an immense height. “That must be the tower referenced on the map… I wonder if it is this ‘base of operations’ the person talks about on the map?” The others turned the corner to head towards the InfoPoint, John studied the tower a second longer and saw a small flash from one of the upper levels, it sparked out towards the fence. “Interesting…”

Tom [4] had not being paying attention to the others, instead he spent his time unlocking the final mysteries of necrokinesis. He fed his power into a lump of rock in his hand, seeking to not only animate it, but give it life; he felt it twitch as stone became sentient and woke up to its world; then it died. Tom was suddenly keenly aware of the energy fence nearby and how in fact its power radiated outwards and fed into the very fabric of the Facility; taking a risk, he let it in. This time, the power flowed more fiercely, he felt it course through his system and into the rock. Instantly it snapped awake, two tiny eyes flickered open. Suddenly a small fist emerged and punched Tom clean in the nose “You killed me!” it yelled in a squeaky voice, jumped off his hand and scurried away. The rest of the group laughed, but Tom did not care; he had all the power in the world.

The group walked down the road, and soon their objective was clear, a large overhanging structure under which were stood 6 booth like devices. Sat around on the pavement were several scruffily dressed men and women, some gazed longingly at the devices while others merely sat with their heads in their hands.
“Ignore them… They are driven mad, the Enforcers have broken them and they server no further purpose. They are harmless…mostly.” Mackeever strode past them and disappeared into one of the devices which sealed itself behind him.

Spoiler:

This roll is cut short a bit, I haven't done Mackeever in the InfoPoint. This is because I have no time now as I need to be up in 6 hours. Also, those bits of the rolls will be PM'd to you (each of you may use a minor to access the devices and recieve that info via PM). I will write up Regnar's piece and let him plan his action, I assume each of you will use the devices next turn. Alternatively, I can just get you all to use them now, write it up for you and then you make actions after. I'm away till Monday, let me know which you prefer Smile

Daravel
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  ShadoWKilleR Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:47 am

Write us using the machines now and we will input actions based on the options you give us.

It's not like we have something else to do in the info point right now.
ShadoWKilleR
ShadoWKilleR
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:44 pm

Just get it to us now, I suppose.
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Daravel Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:53 am

Ok... That seemed like the best idea to me as well, I'm just pushed for time. It'll have to be tommorow as I'm at work until tommorow morning now.

Daravel
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Rulyon Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:10 pm

I would like to join the waiting list for The Facility, please. Smile
Rulyon
Rulyon
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down