Novalia Roll 2 Dodge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roll 2 Dodge: Within the Light

+10
Frogger5
johnratchet3
its_crunchtime
FoolishBalloon
Talkal
ShadoWKilleR
PeterPorty
Zerovirus
FLAMELASHER
Bigkahuna
14 posters

Page 9 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 18  Next

Go down

Roll 2 Dodge: Within the Light - Page 9 Empty Re: Roll 2 Dodge: Within the Light

Post  Bigkahuna Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:31 am

The group is OUR group (the five guys playing). Your choices for a player are in the spoiler tag above. Just post on here in a [spoiler] tag who you want to be and what your action is.

EDIT: List, please?

Last edited by bigkahuna on Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Roll 2 Dodge: Within the Light - Page 9 Empty Re: Roll 2 Dodge: Within the Light

Post  FoolishBalloon Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:20 am

Spoiler:
Major - Scout my area after anything useful, mostly weapons. Look after explosives too. [Looter??] or [Scout??]
Minor - "Who am I? Where am I?"
My name is: FoolishBalloon, no rolename here Razz
FoolishBalloon
FoolishBalloon
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

http://www.spelochfiske.se

Back to top Go down

Post  ShadoWKilleR Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:05 pm

Just some information to you, talking isn't a minor action, you can do as much talking as you like and to as many people that can hear you AND have a minor action.

No, you don't have to have a minor every turn.
ShadoWKilleR
ShadoWKilleR
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  FoolishBalloon Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:26 pm

Ok, thx for the info Smile Also, I read that i have unlimited minor actions, so is it ok if i still put it in there? Cuz i get kinda cunfused if not, becouse in all other R2Ds i have played is it Talk in minor Razz
FoolishBalloon
FoolishBalloon
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:53 pm

Rolling Now.

Last edited by bigkahuna on Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:22 pm; edited 3 times in total
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  FoolishBalloon Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:59 pm

Wohooo Very Happy I'll see what happens to me :O I really hope that I don't die in my first roll Razz Razz
FoolishBalloon
FoolishBalloon
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Zerovirus Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:07 pm

I highly doubt you're going to die; Bigkahuna's a way better GM than that. In fact, I don't even know what kind of GM would kill off a player as soon as they entered- it'd be a stupid move, frankly.
Zerovirus
Zerovirus
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

http://forums.wesnoth.org

Back to top Go down

Post  FoolishBalloon Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:12 pm

Zerovirus wrote:I highly doubt you're going to die; Bigkahuna's a way better GM than that. In fact, I don't even know what kind of GM would kill off a player as soon as they entered- it'd be a stupid move, frankly.

Hehe, i was joking Razz ofc wouldn't i die at my first roll (probably...... Razz )
FoolishBalloon
FoolishBalloon
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:22 pm

FoolishBalloon - No, you won't die on the first roll. You won't die at all unless you do something utterly stupid or have awful circumstances. Dialogue is unlimited, depending on who is willing to actually listen and how much you can get in. Same with minor actions: depending on context, you may not get everything in.

Rulyon (Buck):

You make a quick decision considering the state of your mental faculties. "We ain't gotta choice. If we stay an' fight we'll get caught in the lock down. Don't know what it is, but I don't like what he means by 'turn off life support.' In we go, an' hope the big fella fits." You look askance at Zerovirus.

Glaring in outrage, Zerovirus responds indignantly. "Big fella? Me?"

Open the air vent and let the others in first.

11 - You grab the grating of the air vent and pull, and you manage to take it off. Motioning to the others, you tell them to go in first.

Zerovirus:
You mutter to yourself in disbelief. "How convenient, an escape passage in the wall for situations like this."

Talkal shakes his head and states the obvious. "I think it's for ventilation purposes. Let's just hope it'll hold y- our wait."

"Bah - ventilation? Never heard of such sillyness. Tunnels in the wall to push air around for no good reason?"

Go in to the air vent with perfect confidence, not expecting a collapse of any form or any screw-ups at all! After all, these magic space men must have thought this all through, right? - 7

Pushing the others aside, you crawl into the air vent first. However, in doing so you kick aside the grating, making a loud clattering noise. Buck curses at the ruination of his stealth attempt.

Flamelasher:

Follow Zerovirus, and shoot any baddies I see.

You enter the vent after Zerovirus, but you doubt you'll see any enemies unless the vent collapses under Zerovirus's your group's combined weight.

------------------------------

Shadowkiller (Derek Fox):

Set power to 5%.

Retreating from the scene, you scale down your weapon's power to preserve power while still maintaining a convincing defense.

Run away from the to-be-locked down sectors and spray some shots behind me for supressive fire. - 2

You jog towards where your helmet says the Combat Stations are, but not being able to see in the dark you slam into a wall face first. Stunned for the moment, the pirates are able to catch up to you. You turn around and let fly some energy blasts at them.

15 - Fortunately (and yet ironically), your shots miss them. They duck behind a corner to avoid the blasts. Your helmet helpfully, but rather belatedly, automatically switches on thermal vision and now you can see where you're going. Dashing towards the Combat Stations, you can hear the ship's monotone speaking through your helmet: "Lockdown Commencing in 10 seconds." Cursing, you sprint towards the Combat Wing's entrance.

17 - With the annoying voice chanting a countdown in your head, you dive towards the steel blastdoors, rolling through just before they slam shut. Standing up, you continue quickly towards your goal, knowing that with their weaponry no doors will hold them long.

Your helmet suddenly flashes and creates a new route for you. You glance over to the detoured path and see a heap of rubble, and seven men that just turned a corner. You climb up the rubble to see where they came from and... "Mother of..."

-------------------------------

Talkal:

Go with others to the air vent.

Feeling rather guilty at Athaiel's obvious nervousness on being the last one to enter, you crawl into the air vent with the others.

All of a sudden, you hear a loud scream, and eight men round the corner. A lone man wielding a metal pole is dashing towards you, with the other seven (obviously pirates) shooting at him. PeterPorty waves him in the air vent in a selfless act quite unlike him. He dives in like a rabbit into a hole, straight into Talkal, knocking his legs from under him. PeterPorty sees he has no time left and turns to face the assault.

PeterPorty (Athaiel VanGoit):

Die bravely. - 4

You stand your ground as the seven pirates rush at you. You halt them. "Now now, my good man. Now is not the time for making enemies." Then you remember they speak another language. Blanching, you turn tail and run. After twenty bolts of light pierce your gaze, you curse yourself for being such a wimp.

You are Dead. Thanks for Playing!

Having lost completely the element of surprise, your elbows and knees fly everywhere as you try to get out of the initial vent and get to a crossing so that a single bolt can't pick you off.

FoolishBalloon:

Scout my area after anything useful, mostly weapons. Look after explosives too.

You look around, but the only weapons belong to the pirates behind you and the people in front of you. You figure that now's not the time to be making enemies.

You call out to the others as soon as you're in a side tunnel. "I'm FoolishBalloon. Who am I? Where am I?"

Derek responds sarcastically. "Well, if I have this right, you're FoolishBalloon, and we're in an air vent."

Buck is a bit more sympathetic if not as clear. "We're inna spasechip, an we're gonna save da uneeverse from da dark thing."

Talkal sums things up pretty well, if he is a bit curt. "Less talking, more crawling. Or you die."

------------------------------------

After a while of crawling, Zerovirus halts abruptly, and the five of you thump into each other from behind him. The tunnel widens at a point, and you spread out along it to see what startled him. A veritable army of Space Pirates are on the upper floor, which you can see from your air vents. They have an enormous mechanism, which they have placed in the center of the room. Currently they appear to be working on some sort of power source. Glancing at your map, you seem to be directly overhead the Combat Center. Across the room you see Derek, in another portion of maintenance piping, frantically waving his hands at you.

"By the stars - what are they doing?"

Character Statuses:
Spoiler:

Game Events: An automated voice echoes over your speakers, fortunately not loud enough to warn anyone. "Lockdown Complete."

Points of Interest:

•The Space Pirates appear to be building some sort of mechanism directly over the Combat Station.
•Derek is on the other side of the stadium-sized room, and the five of you are in an air vent.
•Both groups of pursuers seem to be waylaid, but for how long...?
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Zerovirus Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:41 pm

Hm. Well, it's not like I have any idea what's going one.

"Hey guys, let's turn back."

"...No? Fine, you guys go first then."

"...What do you mean I'm blocking the vent? Fine." Proceed to crawl down the wall as stealthily as I can while hoping that my weight does not bring me crashing.
Zerovirus
Zerovirus
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

http://forums.wesnoth.org

Back to top Go down

Post  ShadoWKilleR Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:19 am

So let me get this straight, they are walking towards where I just ran away from?
ShadoWKilleR
ShadoWKilleR
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  FoolishBalloon Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:26 am

"Why are we here? What do we try to do?" (Whispering!!)
Major - Try to hide in the shadows [Stealth]
"Can someoone give me a weapon? Like a knife r something" (Still whispering)

Also, can whispering give xp to any kinda skill? I don't think so, but asking 1 time too much is better then 1 time less Razz
FoolishBalloon
FoolishBalloon
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  FLAMELASHER Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:10 am

Hide and get ready to unleash hell with my gun.
FLAMELASHER
FLAMELASHER
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  FoolishBalloon Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:41 am

There's one thing I don't understand: What is these guns of kind? And what means 5% power and all that?
FoolishBalloon
FoolishBalloon
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  FLAMELASHER Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:43 am

Last edited by FLAMELASHER on Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:15 am; edited 1 time in total
FLAMELASHER
FLAMELASHER
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Talkal Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:52 am

Change the power of my gun to 20% and shoot the badguys
Stick with others
Talkal
Talkal
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  FoolishBalloon Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:32 am

Could I maybe start with a small skill, I mean that I didn't have the chance to train any skills before I joined, while you could Razz
FoolishBalloon
FoolishBalloon
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  ShadoWKilleR Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:41 am

Let me tell you this, my Strength skill is the the same as yours, my character is just "aware" of that skill.
ShadoWKilleR
ShadoWKilleR
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  FoolishBalloon Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:42 am

Ok, thanks for the info! Smile
FoolishBalloon
FoolishBalloon
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Rulyon Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:31 pm

Minor Action: Curse under my breath at the sheer magnitude of the contraption their building.

"I don't like the looks of that... 'ccordin' to this map, it's directly above those soldiers...

Major Action: Take C.A.R.E.F.U.L aim on an enemy...[Accuracy] I will open fire when I receive the signal from Derek.

FoolishBalloon wrote:Rulyon, that does maybe count as [Sharpshooting] or [Accuracy]?
Ah, yes, Thanks, man! Smile

Last edited by Rulyon on Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:24 am; edited 3 times in total
Rulyon
Rulyon
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  FoolishBalloon Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:34 pm

Rulyon, that does maybe count as [Sharpshooting] or [Accuracy]?
FoolishBalloon
FoolishBalloon
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:32 pm

Balloon - Whispering is not a skill... Also, the guns were issued by the Norsulans. They are energy guns, so the charge they have is the amount of energy remaining, and the power is the amount of energy you put into the shot (more energy = more powerful shot = more energy used up).

Shadowkiller - No. You ended up in the same hallway they came into. You went up the rubble into the hole in the ceiling, while they went into an air vent. Both of them took you in roundabout directions directly above the Combat Stations.
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  ShadoWKilleR Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:26 am

"I'm going to be behind them so I need you to support me, so onn my signal hose them from above."Crawl behind the enemy and get down from the vent silently. Set my weapon to 35%. Wave my hand lightly at the air vent grates and then open fire on the pirates.

We could do more damage, so please edit into your action [I will open fire when I recieve the signal from Derek]
ShadoWKilleR
ShadoWKilleR
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:13 pm

My bad - I didn't realize everyone had posted actions. List, please?
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:48 pm

Sorry for the delay. I just didn't see any real clamoring for me to roll Wink

Zerovirus:

"Hey guys, let's turn back."

The group starts muttering in assent, but then you begin to hear banging noises behind you.

"...No? Fine, you guys go first then."

Foolish mutters to himself. "Ladies first..." "...What do you mean I'm blocking the vent? Fine."

Proceed to crawl down the wall as stealthily as I can while hoping that my weight does not bring me crashing. - 17

You carefully squeeze past the others and wait in the back, hoping desperately that the pirates behind you will not catch up. You took a roundabout route, so maybe they won't.

FoolishBalloon:

"Why are we here? What do we try to do?"

Talkal responds. "Well we're in the air vent because we're running away, but if you want a deeper explanation... we're here because our world as well as numerous others are being destroyed. We'll be relocated to some planet or some junk like that."

Major - Try to hide in the shadows [Stealth]

You're in an air vent. Don't be silly.

"Can someone give me a weapon? Like a knife or something?"

Zerovirus responds. "Sure - here's Pete- an unused knife..." He tosses you a long, sharp knife.

Flamelasher:

Hide and get ready to unleash hell with my gun. - 9

You crouch down in a decently concealed location along the wall of the room and prepare for some sort of memo that you should all start firing.

Talkal:

Change the power of my gun to 20%

You click a few buttons and hear the soft humming sound within the gun grow louder.

Stick with others.

You get into position.

Rulyon (Buck):

Curse under my breath at the sheer magnitude of the contraption their building.

You splutter in annoyance. "My that's big... I don't like the looks of that... 'ccordin' to this map, it's directly above those soldiers..."

Take C.A.R.E.F.U.L aim on an enemy...[Accuracy] - 8

You aim down at the thickest cluster of enemies, but excitement leaves your hands sweaty and shaky. You still have a decent grip on your gun, though.

Shadowkiller (Derek Fox):

You crawl over to your friends' side of the wall and give them a message.

"I'm going to be behind them so I need you to support me, so on my signal hose them from above."

Crawl behind the enemy and get down from the vent silently. Set my weapon to 35%. Wave my hand lightly at the air vent grates. - 12

You turn your gun power up and smile as you hear the happy humming sound coming from its center. Attempting to circumvent the enemies, you stealthily crawl along the walls, but are forced to duck behind a rafter as a pirate looks your way. This place will do.
----------------------------------------------------
Group Action: OPEN FIRE!

Zerovirus - 2
FoolishBalloon - 7
Flamelasher - 15
Talkal - 6
Rulyon - 8
Shadowkiller - 20!!!

----------------------------------------------------

Zerovirus, seeing that it's either "beat them or join them", decides to join the group. However, the pounding sound inside of the vents gets louder, and when he turns around he sees the space pirates rounding the corner. Zerovirus decides to defend the back flank of the group and opens fire on the pirates. The shots fire into the metal at the back wall of the vent, melting the supports and collapsing the vent, but behind the pirates - only managing to destroy a means of escape. The pirates...

Pirate Rolls = 11,15,14
Zerovirus Dodge = 5,18,10

...hit Zerovirus squarely on the helmet, shortcircuiting his readouts. He throws it off his head quickly, and by luck it intercepts another bullet, absorbing the shot. The third shot grazes him on the leg, giving him a nasty burn.

FoolishBalloon, having gained a knife, throws it at the enemies confronting Zerovirus and manages to imbed one's leg. With him screaming in pain, you run over to him...

Pirate Roll - 6
Foolish Roll - 10

...and pull the knife back out, keeping your weapon and inflicting greater pain.

Flamelasher peeks out of his sniping location and begins to fire systematically at the pirates, who by now are running around like a disturbed antpile. You down three men, who attempt to crawl away, and incinerate another's leg. The power system they were constructing is unheeded for now except for a select few who are taking strategic positions around it.

Talkal peeks out from behind a wall, hurriedly going back when several shots are fired at his position. Scavenging some scraps of courage, he begins to run to another position...

20 -
Entering State of Flow

Summoning the same mental state you experienced in the hold, you leap out of your cover and sprint to a better position. You begin dodging multiple bullets in swift and careful movements, when suddenly you slip and fall off the edge.

Yet it is not a freefall, but more of a dive. When a flurry of shots come at you, you utilize a complex corkscrew and pass through the middle of the energy storm. You land in the center of a posse of confused pirates all looking upwards. When they collapse under your weight, you take your advantage. You pull out your gun and shoot them mercilessly, jumping on a pirate whenever one moves until ten bodies lie under you. You run behind a wall, but after you landed like a mortar shell the others are afraid to go near you.

Buck finally gained enough confidence to pull the trigger, when Talkal divebombed and killed all your targets. Cursing, you look for a new one; searching around, you look in the scope and find that you are staring into the scope of another pirate's gun. You fire at the exact same moment...

20 (WOAH) -
Entering State of Flow

Your two projectiles meet in the center between the two of you; each of you stand speechless their battle. Glowing as orbs of power, the two blasts fight as if possessed for dominance over the other. Bending all your thoughts towards it, you mentally cheer it on. Suddenly it gains an inch, then another, and behind the power of your mountain of thought it blasts into the barrel of the pirate's gun and explodes, blasting him headless into the wall. You stand dumbfounded. "Did all that come from me?"

Shadowkiller - 20 -
Entering State of Flow

A maniacal rage comes upon you, and laughing at the puny group of pirates you practically tape your hand to the trigger. Moving it in a spiral pattern, the fleeing pirates are blasted flat onto their backs, and the armour piercing energy shots also go through walls. By the end of your frenzy there are six casualties and several wounded.

-----------------------------------------------

Character Statuses:

Spoiler:

Game Events:

There are about 14 pirates left, more or less, with 5 wounded and 6 hiding behind the power supply. The other three are behind your group. The group of 6 pirates are frantically beginning to power up the mechanism. 2 Turns until Strange Mechanism Activates.

Points of Interest:
•Several of you experienced combat epiphanies.
•Escaping through the vents is now a no-go.
•One group of pirates is accounted for, but the other could come at any moment.
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 18  Next