Novalia Roll 2 Dodge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roll 2 Dodge: Within the Light

+10
Frogger5
johnratchet3
its_crunchtime
FoolishBalloon
Talkal
ShadoWKilleR
PeterPorty
Zerovirus
FLAMELASHER
Bigkahuna
14 posters

Page 18 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18

Go down

Roll 2 Dodge: Within the Light - Page 18 Empty Re: Roll 2 Dodge: Within the Light

Post  Rulyon Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:39 pm

I sneak up behind one of the pairs of pirates and start my attack by swinging my crowbar at one pirate's head with the hooked end aimed at his temple. [Light Melee Weapons]
Rulyon
Rulyon
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Roll 2 Dodge: Within the Light - Page 18 Empty Re: Roll 2 Dodge: Within the Light

Post  ShadoWKilleR Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:12 am

LEVERAGE POINT - Fighting from above has given the possibility of inflicting more damage than normally possible.
Bonus to rolls with melee weapons attacking from above (including me being attacked since it is easier for me to deflect).
This skill is branched off from strength into fighting techniques. (That works right?)

Pick up one of the smaller energy weapons and then hunt the remaining groups of pirates, once group at a time. Hide behind a corner and downward slash the first pirate to come from there, if the pirate dies then: jump into the corner he came from and fire a couple of rounds into the other pirates t and face. If the first pirate didn't die then: Blast a couple of bolts into his face and take cover behind the shelves.
I am assuming that the shelves are not transparent and can provide minimal cover.
ShadoWKilleR
ShadoWKilleR
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Talkal Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:06 pm

Bigkahuna, you forgot to put the paddles in mine, and Zerovirus's inventory, also another abilty that is hard to think of a skill to see a weakpoint or something like that.

Tie the pirates with rope, and finally go to the archives to search for useful documents, diaries and maps.
Talkal
Talkal
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Zerovirus Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:55 pm

Tie these guys up and leave them there, and search their pockets for stuff or identification things like wallets and IDs. Then continue what I was doing- going into the archives to research how to tame and keep bird-dinos.
Zerovirus
Zerovirus
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

http://forums.wesnoth.org

Back to top Go down

Post  johnratchet3 Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:30 pm

bigkahuna wrote:You go back round the aisle and pick up the hammer. It feels... familiar, as if it was an old friend.

Lol. Just lol. Lovely reference to Mark, currently hanging from a ceiling in an alternate reality/fantasy Razz .

Anyway, Peer around carefully, make sure there are no hostiles approaching, then climb to the top of the nearest shelf, lie down, and wait for one of the pirate pairs to walk by. Recall my hammer usage if I have time (unlikely). Once a pair steps past, chuck a dart into the opposite shelving, preferably somewhere I COULD HAVE hidden. This should result in the pirates turning around, and investigating the shelving with their ugly hairy backs pointed to me at close range.

Leap from the shelving, attempt to floor one of the pirates by landing on them, and provide the other a hammer blow to the head. Ensure they are both on the ground (dead), steal the tricorn one of them has to be wearing Laughing.
johnratchet3
johnratchet3
Experienced Player
Experienced Player

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:35 pm

Well, I have really lost a lot of momentum with this R2D. This is mostly beacuse I didn't have a very well thought out plan of where the game was going to go.

Another thing that's impeded me is the length of the rolls and the time it takes.

My R2D is slowly becoming a half-clone of Zerovirus's PrismPunk style, mostly because I saw his success and wanted to play off of that in the beginning. My first ideas were copies of Dragonchampion's system.

I need some time to come up with something of my own. Nothing good will ever come out of this R2D if I'm creating the rolls and GMing halfheartedly. I hope you understand.

I'm sorry to say (if only for the time you've put into it) that this game is indefinitely softlocked. Any posts not pertaining to the below bolded text will be deleted.

If you could post here about the main high-points of the game and what you enjoyed about it the most, that would be great. It'd give me ideas for the next game, which is already in the works.

The next game will still be free-form, but with more structure. The premise will be more humorous than dramatic, but will still lead into a developed plot. It will feature a lot of 'slapstick' type action to supplement the unique mechanics and features of the game.
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Rulyon Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:41 pm

Sorry to hear that. I lived the way this one was turning out. For me, some of the high points (and thus what I wanted to emulate in my own game once I complete the design) include:

•D20 Rolling system. As a D&D GM I like it far more than the standard D6. I feel far more familiar with the scale.

•Detailed storytelling. The extended actions, with what I'll term "Mid-Turn Rolls" to determine how they pan out, drives the story onward in a more engaging fashion than "You hit the pterosaur with your knife, his wing is torn". The way you incorporated both players actions into subduing the pterosaur really stood out to me as an example.

•State of Flow developments. Being able to customize combat styles or character abilities makes our characters more "ours", and makes us care even more for the way things turn out for them. The fact that it could happen at any time with a roll result of 20 makes it random and fair, which in turn makes it exciting!

•Story development. You let us tally a bit each area with some activities, all the while nudging us gently along to the next plot development.

•Summaries/Points of interest. In regards to the previous observation, this was an excellent technique in giving us said "nudges" and moving the plot along in the direction you planned.

I look forward to your next game. Count me in from the start, for sure!
Rulyon
Rulyon
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:23 pm

Thanks, Rulyon. I'll address some of those points right now.

D20 System + Combat + Skills - This will definitely be returning, albeit in a different form. The search/examine/etc. checks will be the same, supplemented by your skills as usual. By the way- skills will be learned in a more creative and less tedious/random/math related way.

During combat in this game, without realizing it I concentrated almost completely on your own rolls while ignoring the competitors' responses as well as environmental effects completely. The rolls went on forever with no end in sight. The game's combat will be organized into a more general form for me to be able to address all of these possible developments:

1. Attacker Roll, adding bonuses/penalties. This judges how well the move will be executed.

2. Defender Roll, adding bonuses/penalties. This judges how well the move will be blocked as well as the position they will be retaining.

3. Reaction Roll, adding bonuses/penalties. This judges how well the attacker/defender recovers from their respective rolls. Basically speaking, 10 means they recover a decent defendable position, less than 10 means they react badly and are therefore in a rather open position, and above 10 gives them possibilities for a counter-attack.

For each of these rules, extra enemies and environmental attacks will be factored in. If the two parties attack at the same time, which is oft the case, the Attacker and Defender rolls will be rolled for each party at the same time and executed at the same time. Fun stuff.

Mid-Term Rolls - Basically same as above. They will be kept, but limited so as to not go on indefinitely. Combat Actions are meant to consist of a single attack with a possible counter-attack, not continue on for a page as they have been able to sometimes.

State of Flow - These will also return, but in a much different form yet to be completely fleshed out. 20s will no longer grant a magical "state of flow". In combat, 20s will be matched up to the attacker/defender's rolls as normal. In other situations, they will grant wonderful successes.

However, the customization and abilities portion will continue, and will actually be more accessible, though not as overpowered or random as rolling 20s.

Story Development - Definitely. I already have the basics outlined.

Points of Interest - Yeah, those mostly help me outline things and see what's going on Wink
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragonchampion Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:50 am

This has 3 days to continue before it is locked. (If the game will continue after locking, the GM simply needs to pm me)
Dragonchampion
Dragonchampion
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

https://roll2dodge.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ShadoWKilleR Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:51 am

:sad: Sad
ShadoWKilleR
ShadoWKilleR
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18