Novalia Roll 2 Dodge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roll 2 Dodge: Within the Light

+10
Frogger5
johnratchet3
its_crunchtime
FoolishBalloon
Talkal
ShadoWKilleR
PeterPorty
Zerovirus
FLAMELASHER
Bigkahuna
14 posters

Page 10 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 18  Next

Go down

Roll 2 Dodge: Within the Light - Page 10 Empty Re: Roll 2 Dodge: Within the Light

Post  Zerovirus Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:36 pm

Aw crap. I need to lose weight, don't I? Razz

Weapon at maximum charge. Aim for any core or weak-point on the strange structure erected by the pirates that I can see. Then I shoot it in its FOR MASSIVE DAMAGE place.
Zerovirus
Zerovirus
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

http://forums.wesnoth.org

Back to top Go down

Roll 2 Dodge: Within the Light - Page 10 Empty Re: Roll 2 Dodge: Within the Light

Post  Rulyon Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:30 am

Oh, excellent! analyzing this state of flow will take more time and attention than I can afford right now at work. I will edit this post with my lesson after I'm home from work in 6 hours.
Rulyon
Rulyon
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  ShadoWKilleR Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:54 pm

Oh man, Talkal's a parkouring ninja, that is so sweet. Btw, do you even know yourself what kind of ability you wrote for him there or did you just "go with the flow"?

I don't know if I should name my ability "Spray and Pray" or "Small fry killer".
ShadoWKilleR
ShadoWKilleR
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Talkal Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:09 pm

bigkahuna, didn't lowering the power of my weapon worked? Also another state of flow? I'll have to again think about an ability, or just upgradeing my old one?
Talkal
Talkal
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:16 pm

Shadowkiller - sometimes. I planned a couple of the "flow"s in the above posts, but made the others quite natural. Including Talkal's ninja dive. That was all him Wink

Talkal - you can do either/or. You can upgrade a skill naturally (through usage), or automatically upgrade it/add a new facet through a state of flow. Or you can simply come up with a complete new one. Think of it as a blessing, not an "Aww, now I have to come up with a new ability".

Rulyon - I have interesting things planned for Buck. See my PM (will be sent shortly).
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Talkal Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:26 pm

bigkahuna wrote:(...) not an "Aww, now I have to come up with a new ability". (...)

This is exactly what I thought after reading the whole roll Smile

Well, I'll think about the new ability when the whole space pirates arc end, and we'll have some free time, but for now:

Major - Jump above the power supply and kill those pirates screaming "Ninjas are better then pirates! Suspect (or saying a lame joke, quote)
Minor - After it's done go back to the group in glory
(please let it be a good roll)
Talkal
Talkal
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  FoolishBalloon Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:44 pm

Major - Find a pirate and cut his throat, fastily retreating back.
Minor - Laugh high to scare the pirates after I cut his throat
FoolishBalloon
FoolishBalloon
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

http://www.spelochfiske.se

Back to top Go down

Post  ShadoWKilleR Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:54 pm

>Continue my rampage with a scowl at a magnitude which was never seen before.
ShadoWKilleR
ShadoWKilleR
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:39 am

Waiting on Flamelasher and Rulyon.
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  FLAMELASHER Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:40 pm

Hide and turn off my gun if it glows.
FLAMELASHER
FLAMELASHER
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Rulyon Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:50 pm

Stopping to think about what he experienced in the middle of combat could get him killEd. Probably better to wait until the smoke clears.

Minor action: make a break for cover at the same time he

Major Action: fires at the nearest pirate.
Rulyon
Rulyon
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:44 pm

Zerovirus:

Weapon at maximum charge. Aim for any core or weak-point on the strange structure built by the pirates that I can see. Then I shoot it in its FOR MASSIVE DAMAGE place.

You turn your weapon to 100% charge, and it starts shaking violently in your hands and glowing a blinding, shimmering blue. Looking around at the structure...

Sight Check - SUCCESS...?

You see no weak spots at all on the outer shell. That gives you an idea. You dash out of your cover and sprint towards the machine...

13 - 2 = 11 - and the space pirates are too slow to react to your dash; you dodge their poorly aimed bullets. Running up to the structure, you realize how large it is. It's middle section would cover half of the Combat Stations. Wait a second...

You roll underneath the structure flat on your back and look at the bottom for any internal weaknesses. What you see takes your breath away. An enormous hole stretches out into shadow above your head, with a blue light glowing throughout it. (unwisely) Looking down the barrel of your energy gun, you see an uncanny resemblance. Then you understand. "It's an enormous energy gun," you realize in horror, "they'll all be massacred!" Suddenly your plan doesn't seem so bright anymore. One blast down that chasm and the whole ship could blow to smithereens with you in it.

Talkal:

Jump above the power supply and kill those pirates screaming "Ninjas are better then pirates!" - 3

Calling upon your ancient ninja ancestors, you whiz over to the power supply and attempt to leap over it, but trip over a wire and fall down. Undeterred, you decide to go around it instead. You scream in fury, "NINJAS ARE BETTER THAN PIRATES!"

16 - Yelling in rage at your cliche and uncalled for battle cry, the pirates are successfully lured out of their cover, and you shoot one squarely in the head, melting his helmet, and two others in their chest armour. Recovered from their surprise, the three uninjured ones flee and your targets turn on you...

Talkal's Rolls - 7, 2, 16
Pirates' Rolls - 13, 11, 1

The first two pirates shoot off their guns simultaneously, and the combined force of the blasts throw you against the wall, leaving two foul looking flesh wounds on your torso. Not good. The third pirate, who is without a helmet, grins and saunters over to you looking eager to finish you off. As he aims his gun, you think fast and grab your gun, shooting at his feet. The blast knocks him off his feet and knocks his aim off course; his full-powered blast launches into the power source. The obelisk of energy explodes with a massive concussion, blasting the three pirates sky-high and instantly killing them.

However, the mechanism did not shut down. It was too far gone for that.

After it's done go back to the group in glory

Coolness Check - FAIL

You walk Matrix-style (what's the Matrix?) back to your group, but they're all looking the other way. Phooey.

FoolishBalloon:

Find a pirate and cut his throat, fastily retreating back. Laugh high to scare the pirates after I cut his throat. - 20

Entering State of Flow

Drawing the knife out of the man's leg, you laugh cruelly and the pirate staggers back. But not fast enough. Whipping your hand forward you grab his leg and twist him around, yanking him back and jabbing your knife into his throat at an angle. The others step back, shocked by this display of martial arts, and holster their guns to fire at you. However, you grab their heads and knock them together, whacking their guns out of their hands with your elbows. As they fall to the ground you efficiently kick the pair off of the edge of the collapsed air vent, hearing screams as they hit the bottom. "That's right," you mutter to yourself.

Shadowkiller (Derek Fox):

>Continue my rampage with a scowl at a magnitude which was never seen before.

Intimidation Check - SUCCESS

Your face twisting into a grotesque grimace, you yell maniacally and jump from your platform. One of the wounded men has cardiac arrest just from the shock, and the other four try to crawl away while the three pirates left uninjured hide behind a wall...

19 - Continuing your ferocious onslaught, you mercilessly shoot the wounded pirates, melting their vitals until all that remains are their burnt corpses. You heartless animal. Shooting into the wall, you melt the steel, and the three remaining pirates leap out from behind their cover...

Shadowkiller's Rolls - 15, 14, 16
Pirates' Rolls - 15,15,10

...but you're ready for them. Shooting in their direction, you manage to hit one of the pirates in the shoulder, but in the process nearly get your foot melted. Good thing you had that "borrowed" armoured boots from the dead soldier. Glaring at the offending pirate, you fire a burst that melts the barrel of their gun, protecting yourself from another inevitable blast.

Rulyon (Buck):

Make a break for cover and fire at the nearest pirate. - 10

Currently out in the open, you look for a spot that you could hide in. Unfortunately, you were never in the army and had no experience of cover; you decide a mutilated steel box will do. Seeing Shadowkiller's quandary, you shoot out a few helpful blasts...

15 - And from the distance you're at, you're lucky to have one of your higher-powered charges hit them; the soldier collapses. You start to cheer, but remember you're supposed to be hiding and duck down just in time to dodge a shot.

Flamelasher:

Hide and turn off my gun if it glows. - 11

Not wanting to take part in any of the action. You hunker down near the air vents and cover up your gun with your shirt. It's not glowing very brightly, but you never know when it may become a problem. Suddenly, you hear footsteps coming through the vents. "It must be the other group of pirates!" you think.

--------------------------------

Flamelasher counted to 10 to steady his nerves, and then twisted around to confront the new threat, letting fly everything he had in his gun. His surprise was unmatched when all of his bullets flew past his head behind him. Hearing a few words muttered, Flamelasher was slowly lifted into the air, and a dark form came out of the air vent.

Flamelasher, flustered, waved his arms and legs, but was forced to simply watch the figure. The man stared at him, obviously extremely concentrated, and Flamelasher felt a tingling as if someone was poking around in his dead. Then he was put down. "You're not a Pirate," he said, sounding relieved, "and neither are your friends. Good thing, too, for my strength was nearly spent. Follow me - we have no time to waste!"

You motion to your friends with the exception of Shadowkiller, who is predisposed. They gather around the newcomer - suspicious after the little you've told them. "My name is Radgar, and I'm an Elemental Mage for the Norsulan Force. My name's on the business card you have in your pocket, Zerovirus." He smiles as you all wonder how he knows your names. "But now's not the time for introductions. You may have done an admirable job of cleaning up this mess, but that there," he points to the laser, "is too big of a job for any of us. In fact, it may be too late. I've seen this before - Catalytic Lasers are no trifle, and can take out a galleon or even a cruiser. The only way to incapacitate one is to shut it down internally, and we don't have time for that."

"Well then what can we do?" Talkal says.

"We'll have to use magic." All of you roll your eyes. No one had ever had time to teach you anything. "You won't have to utilize any complicated spells - I just need someone who has had basic magic training or simply has their mind attuned to it." He closes his eyes, and brightens after a second, looking at Buck. "You - you could do this! I can tell you have strong magical potential and have used it. I need your help - this could be our last hope. It will be dangerous, however. Will you assist me?"

Each one of you stare at him. "Buck?"

Character Statuses:

Spoiler:

Game Events:

There are 2 pirates left, both fighting Shadowkiller. The Catalytic Laser is revving up. Activation in 1 Turn.

Points of Interest:
•A real mage!
•Buck could hold the fates of you all...
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  FLAMELASHER Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:06 pm

Major: Help Shadow, as my sneak attack plan is foiled!
Minor: Dive off the ship if the Catalyatic Laser thingy fires.
FLAMELASHER
FLAMELASHER
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Zerovirus Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:09 pm

Major: Try to shoot my gun at full power so the barrel and power conduits are mangled beyond repair, preventing the gun from firing.

Minor: "You guys have fun with voodoo mysticism. I think I can buy you a little time."
Zerovirus
Zerovirus
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:20 pm

Zerovirus - Did that sentence mean anything to you? "One blast down that chasm and the whole ship could blow to smithereens with you in it." *cough*

Flame - you're in space. Diving off is NOT a good idea. Perhaps one could look for escape pods looks like you're doomed... Laughing (take the hints, guys)
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Zerovirus Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:28 pm

But isn't the gun pointed upward? The barrel should be vertical, so if I hit it perpendicularily it'd be bent. I mean, where is the gun pointed if not up? I'm not sure what "an enormous hole stretching into shadow above my head" means. Does that mean the gun is underneath the ground surface so I can't shoot it without shooting inside its barrel, or does it mean it's a construct that's large enough for me to walk under?
Zerovirus
Zerovirus
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:30 pm

You rolled under the mechanism. You're on your back, looking up. Above you (where you are looking), the barrel of the gun is pointing downwards (currently at your head and the floor).
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Zerovirus Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:33 pm

Oh.

If it's that powerful, it's gotta be anchored on with some really strong legs or attachments.

I shoot all the legs on one side of this artillery thing, distributing my battery percentage equally, and wait for the whole thing to fall flat on its side like a tree after a lumberjack epidemic.

If they're doing it from such a close range, why not just make it a bomb instead of a super-close-range gun that will probably blow itself up too? Bombs are easier to make.
Zerovirus
Zerovirus
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Rulyon Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:25 am

Because giant bombs are too cliche'.

"What do ya mean magic. All I done is shoot a guy. But if'n ya think I can help, show me what to do.

Major Action: Follow the Mage's directions.
Rulyon
Rulyon
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  ShadoWKilleR Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:50 am

We're FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKED!
ShadoWKilleR
ShadoWKilleR
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  ShadoWKilleR Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:52 am

After hearing all that Derek decides to do what he does best.
Major> RAMPAGE!

I obviously mean rampage on the giant gun thing.

I so want a 20 Very Happy
ShadoWKilleR
ShadoWKilleR
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:41 am

Zerovirus wrote:If they're doing it from such a close range, why not just make it a bomb instead of a super-close-range gun that will probably blow itself up too? Bombs are easier to make.
Who knows? They're space pirates. Maybe they don't have access to bombs. Besides - bombs are cliche Razz and they can sometimes backfire.

The laser isn't as big as you think, per se. Sorry if I made it sound too enormous.
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  FoolishBalloon Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:08 am

Major - Pick up any weapons I can see, and if it is guns, try to merge their batteries (Or whatever that powers them). If that's not possible, then Major - Pick up any weapons I can see and fire at 50% at the pirates
FoolishBalloon
FoolishBalloon
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

http://www.spelochfiske.se

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:01 pm

Waiting for Talkal and Flamelasher

Hurrah for Big GM Letters!
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  FLAMELASHER Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:36 pm

FLAMELASHER wrote:Major: Help Shadow, as my sneak attack plan is foiled!
Minor: Dive off the ship if the Catalyatic Laser thingy fires.
FLAMELASHER
FLAMELASHER
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 18  Next