Novalia Roll 2 Dodge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roll 2 Dodge: Within the Light

+10
Frogger5
johnratchet3
its_crunchtime
FoolishBalloon
Talkal
ShadoWKilleR
PeterPorty
Zerovirus
FLAMELASHER
Bigkahuna
14 posters

Page 17 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Go down

Roll 2 Dodge: Within the Light - Page 17 Empty Re: Roll 2 Dodge: Within the Light

Post  Talkal Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:29 am

Rulyon can borrow the crowbar for now.

Edited to turn into an action. - Bigkahuna
Talkal
Talkal
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Roll 2 Dodge: Within the Light - Page 17 Empty Re: Roll 2 Dodge: Within the Light

Post  ShadoWKilleR Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:10 pm

tsk tsk, don't forgot the [ b] and [ u]!
ShadoWKilleR
ShadoWKilleR
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  FLAMELASHER Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:42 pm

Does it matter?
FLAMELASHER
FLAMELASHER
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:36 pm

Shadowkiller - I don't use underlining Smile

Flamelasher - having your action in bold DOES matter.

Waiting on Zerovirus.
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Zerovirus Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:24 pm

Head off towards the archives! Do research on the maintenance of these strange birds, and their biology and habitat, as well as if any precedent examples exist of taming the thing. Focus on how to provide acceptable shelter for the dino-lizard-bird and what it will eat, as well as its daily schedules.
Zerovirus
Zerovirus
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

http://forums.wesnoth.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Rulyon Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:05 am

I apologize for that. I overlooked where TalkL picked it up. I even went back before editing it the first time to make sure nobody picked it up. <embarrassed> Embarassed

Re-edited my action to make it less pushy and presumptuious.
Rulyon
Rulyon
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:51 pm

Lots of RL complications. Will try to roll tomorrow, but not very optimistic about it. Expect one Saturday - sorry for the delay.

EDIT: Yeah, Saturday it is. Rulyon - just letting you know that with your 20 you could probably come up with some sort of diplomacy skill.

EDIT2: Stuck with Spring cleaning and yardwork all day. Sunday looks promising...? Rolling Eyes Apologies.
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Rulyon Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:38 pm

bigkahuna wrote:20 - You quickly adopt a pitiful and imploring attitude, and rub some dirt on your clothes. Hey - a bit of extra reason for compassion never hurt anyone. Throwing yourself against the door and allowing yourself to crumple to the ground, you wax eloquent on an impressive soliloquy on your miserable situation.

While thinking back to my performance, I remember there was only one part of Joseph Rivers I could see throughout the process: his face. I realize how I was able to quickly adapt my performance from visual clues in his expression, such as skin tone, widening or narrowing of the eyes, and so forth. Narrowing eyes would suggest disbelief and suspicion; widening eyes suggest shock and concern. A flushing skin tone could indicate a rush of emotion such as anger or embarrassment. I realize if I can take note of these cues during attempts at persuasion I can adapt my performance to what appears to provide a desirable reaction in the subject and achieve my goals through manipulation. I thus create the Adaptive Subterfuge ability.
Rulyon
Rulyon
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:45 pm

GAH! So many interruptions. I have more than half of the roll done, and WILL BE DONE TOMORROW IF IT KILLS ME.

Rulyon - I'm so proud of you Crying or Very sad Exactly what I was hoping for and more.

Johnratchet3 and Talkal - Great actions; just what I'm looking for. Keep up the good work, Zero.

Shadowkiller - Still an improvement from 'the old days' Wink

Flamelasher - Try to put some more effort into your roll next time. It's fine this roll (how it turned out), but anything could have happened in that time and your action would have no plan to deal with it...
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:23 pm

Ahh, finally. Johnratchet3 - you'll notice that I added some items for you according to your trade.

I only used part of your actions, because enough happened that I thought you might want to re-consider storming the Armory and such. There are some cool weapons and such in there, however. Check the descriptions.

Rulyon (Conoree Firewolf):

Tell the villagers to follow us inside the bunker, find a safe place for them to mill about while we tend to matters, with the assurance that once we find some food and ensure the area inside is safe, we'll return. If they don't follow us, I go inside anyway. Eventually they'll come to their senses and come inside to shelter.

3 - You walk outside for a moment to the main group of villagers. "Come on guys, it'll be safer inside."

One of the men looks on the bunkers with distaste. "I don't see how four sheds will be big enough for the two of us. And what about our food?"

The others mutter in agreement. You suppose he's right, but then again you don't want a massacre. Then you're reminded of the Space Pirates, who'll massacre them anyway if you fail. However, you can't help but think of the gleaming eyes just outside the frail circle of protection that the valley supplies.

"Well, it's either this or get eaten." You walk inside and hope that they'll listen to you...

I then ask Ragnar if we can visit the Armory to better arm ourselves should the pirates discover us during our magic lesson and ask Talkal if I could borrow the crow bar for a few minutes.

Talkal shrugs. "For now - at least until you get another weapon."

Radgar leans against the wall. "Tha- that might be a good idea. At the moment I'm not in a position to fight even if I had the need. However, have the utmost caution! The Armory will be one the most heavily occupied place by the Space Pirates at this time. Remember - the weapons and supplies are exactly what they're after, and most of them are on that floor."

While thinking back to my performance, I remember there was only one part of Joseph Rivers I could see throughout the process: his face. I realize how I was able to quickly adapt my performance from visual clues in his expression, such as skin tone, widening or narrowing of the eyes, and so forth. Narrowing eyes would suggest disbelief and suspicion; widening eyes suggest shock and concern. A flushing skin tone could indicate a rush of emotion such as anger or embarrassment. I realize if I can take note of these cues during attempts at persuasion I can adapt my performance to what appears to provide a desirable reaction in the subject and achieve my goals through manipulation.

New Ability: Adaptive Subterfuge!
This ability gives the owner a +2 to actions involving persuasion through speech and diplomacy.

Johnratchet3 (Joseph Rivers):

Get to know the group a bit better. Subtly ask Ruylon/Conoree why there's an awful smell that seems to follow Flamelasher around . Ponder why I'm an ex-marine-ex-pirate. And hum a space shanty on the way.

You decide to formally introduce yourself. The results are... less than promising, to say the least.

"Talkal, former blacksmith apprentice."
"Conoree Firewolf - pleased to meet you."
"Flamelasher."
"Derek. Derek Fox."
"Zerovirus... I think."
"And I- I'm Radgar. Is there like a chair or something I could rest in?"

You roll your eyes, show Radgar to your chair and try to start a conversation. Sidling up to Conoree, you discreetly whisper to her. "Hey - is Flamelasher using some sort of strange cologne or something?" Conoree smirks.

"No, that's actually a bloody animal skin he wears as a cape and refuses to take off, even when it attracts predators. Lucky us, eh?"

You shrug and ruminate on the recent occurences. It seems like years since you were an idealistic young man, who joined the Force to see the universe. "Well, that plan backfired," you mutter to yourself. Two years into your term of service, your ship was invaded by Space Pirates. Deciding a life in slavery was better than death, you surrendered to the Pirates and have been with them ever since - three years of servitude. Fortunately, you were kept out of the more unscrupulous missions - probably because of distrust - and have been looking for a way to escape ever since you were captured. "This may be my chance."

Flamelasher:

Head to weapon storage.

Accompany FLAMELASHER to the Armory.

johnratchet3:

Follow Rulyon/Conoree and Flamelasher to the armoury.

Shadowkiller (Derek Fox):

Go in front of the group heading into the armoury, take out anything that seems hostile on the way.

--------------

The four of you look at your meagre equipment. "I'm going to the armory," Flamelasher says abruptly.

"I'll cover you," Derek replies. Joseph and Conoree follow. As they prepare to exit down the spiraling metal staircase, Conoree gives Radgar a supporting pat on the back. He sways and nearly falls, if Talkal was not there to catch him.

"Don't worry - I'll be fine. The magic just took a toll out of me," Radgar says feebly. None of you are convinced that he's anywhere close to 'fine'. However, you shrug and begin your descent down the staircase.

20 - Before you begin, Derek slaps his face. "Here we are about to go pounding down these stairs when there could still be Space Pirates on these floors... We'd better proceed with caution. Too many times squeaky stairs have almost been my undoing."

The rest of you look away nonchalantly, but are grateful that Derek caught you all before you did something rash. You definitely had no thought of caution.

Silently treading down the staircase, you quickly realize that the hinges probably haven't been oiled in decades and could've given you away. You approach the first underground floor, and Derek exits the narrow stairwell just to take a peek. You wouldn't want any enemies coming up behind you.

Derek quickly pulls his head back from behind the wall. "There's a pair of them in there," he whispers to you all. "They didn't notice me - too busy collecting their loot. They have several large boxes in there, and they're moving them into place with these Magic or Electric paddles or something. They put the boxes in between the paddles and then energy goes through and lifts them. Looked pretty neat, actually."

Flamelasher sighed. "There's no time for this. I'm sure Talkal and Zerovirus can take care of two Space Pirates. We have to get to the armory."

"Yes ma'am," Derek mutters sarcastically. Conoree barely succeeds in supressing a snicker. Joseph rolls his eyes. The four of you ease down the stairs, painstakingly attempting to avoid even the slightest squeak. An unintended noise at this time could be disastrous, as a battle inside this narrow stairwell would be nearly impossible to avoid or sustain unscathed.

15 - Almost giving off a sigh of relief, you four step off the last of the stairs and warily open the door connecting the stairwell to the second basement floor. The door swings open with no inhibitions, and you're left in a room the size of the top-floor bunker, with three connecting doors. All of them are ajar, with a table, chair, or book propping them up. On a couple of the aforementioned tables seems to be a small catalogue. Walking up to one of them, Joseph flips through the contents. "It's just a bunch of figures listing the amount and types of supplies in each room," he says.

Flamelasher eagerly looks into one of the other catalogues, currently being used as a doorstop for the door with a nameplate reading, "Armory". "Woah, guys," he whispers urgently, "check this out!"

The three of you look over the book - well, pamphlet - that Flamelasher's reading. Conoree whistles and shakes her head, but not in the 'WOAH look at all this stuff' way.

"What in the world is all of this stuff?"

"Well, on the weapons side we have the usual 'Stone Age' weapons" Joseph replied with a smile. "Daggers, Swords, Shields, Spears, Bows, and Arrows. Some normal weapons for those who were uneducated in the more advanced weapons. Also... well lookie here. They have a large collection of high-quality energized weapons, too. I suppose the thought was that it would be quite a long time before you could make your own weapons. Besides - they were probably considering the possible threat of Space Pirates, which just became a reality.

They also have farming and mining supplies. Too bad you aren't planning on colonization, because if this whole mess hadn't happened, you would have quite the setup on this planet."

"Hmm."

"Let's see... there's..."

Joseph starts to read off the relatively short list of energized weapons. Most of the pamphlet is just a "Terms of Use" clause, a copyright clause, and a long list of warnings next to some of the items. The list included:

•Standard LEGs [Light Energy Gun]
•HPL-Hawk IIs [High Powered Laser; used for long-ranged targeting]
•Standard Double-L [Laser-Lance; melee energized weapon]
•Radon-30X [scanner and 'PDA' to store information and record data]
•SILAM [Standard-Issue Laser Absorbing Material]
•Nuclear Recharger [recharges energy weapons, highly explosive]

Conoree turns to Joseph. "What's up with this Laser Absorbing Material? Wouldn't energy weapons be made obsolete by the existence of such a thing?"

Joseph snickers. "SILAM was a product made centuries ago, back in the days when energized weapons were a new field. It basically expands the laser waves that hit the material so that they supposedly 'bounce harmlessly off the wearer'. It was deemed a success, but it was never tested during battle. Since the expanded laser waves were never actually absorbed, even though they were less harmful than before they still caused burns to the user after multiple hits and shortcircuited easily. So, the army defaulted to strengthened polymer suits, mostly because of budget restraints; they withstand a few hits but are ultimately just as bad."

During this talk, none of you ever noticed that the door, removed of its holder, began to slowly close on itself...

15 - Luckily, Flamelasher caught it before it closed and placed the pamphlet underneath the door again, unaware of the potential catastrophe he averted.

The four of you walk into the armory, surprised by its size - it's as large as a normal storehouse, with long aisles with slots for weapons. To your dissapointment, the room already looks raided - many of the weapons are cast down on the floor. You don't see any energy weapons, but you're not ready to give up yet. About to search, you suddenly hear laughter and raised voices coming towards you...

14 - hiding behind one of the aisles, you look through the empty weapon slots to see 10 Space Pirates weilding armfuls of weapons - your weapons.

Flamelasher urgently whispers to you. "How are we going to take out all of those Pirates? We have to have those weapons."

Derek smiles. "Look around you."

"Yeah?"

"There's a hundred weapons lying on the ground. We have more than enough to take out a handful of Pirates."

How will you proceed? Will you grab weapons and equipment already available, or fight the Pirates for it?
------------------------

Talkal:

"Radgar, let's go to the Containment Room, but first I would like to visit the archives, maybe we will find there something useful."

Zerovirus:

Head off towards the archives!

Radgar yawns. "I'll be right... behind you. Take your time, and be careful - we don't know what's d-down there."

After giving the other four a chance to make it down the stairs safely and without interference, you head down yourselves, trying to make as little noise as possible...

3 - ...but then Radgar comes trudging down the stairs, and in his drowsy stupor he trips! Clattering all the way down to the foot of the stairs, he makes an awful racket only (perhaps) surpassed by the groan he makes. Meanwhile, in the other room, the two Space Pirates walk towards the source of the noise...

11 - Radgar drags himself behind the door before they open it, but his foot is sticking out. He quickly bends it backwards out of sight, but it's unlikely he can hold the position for long. The two Space Pirates open the door, and start walking up the stairs! They call out. "Joseph, is that you?"

Of course, Joseph can't answer. The Space Pirates climb all the faster, nearing your location against the wall. You prepare your meager weapons...

Zerovirus: 2
Talkal: 16

Zerovirus spins out from his cover and lashes out at the Pirate's face with his pocketknife. The man whips his arm up and grabs Zerovirus's arm, knocking the knife out of his hand with a paddle. He starts laughing, but is abruptly cut off when Talkal brings down his axe on his head, causing the Pirate to tumble down the stairs.

The remaining pirate knocks Zerovirus down the stairs with a vicious backhand, causing him to land on the unfortunate pirate. The man is crushed by the undeserved massive weight. The remaining Pirate grapples with Talkal, trying to gain enough headway to send him into empty space...

5 - ...and Talkal slips, sending him clanging on his rear and knocking his head against the metal stairway, dazing him. As the Pirate smashes down with his metal paddle, Radgar comes out of his hiding place and grabs Talkal's foot, causing him to narrowly escape a mauling.

Zerovirus attempts to grab his pocketknife while on top of the Pirate...

13 - ...and is able to grab it without interference.

What will you do? The trip to the Archives wasn't as easy as you thought it would be.
--------------------
Meanwhile, the group of 10 Space Piratse in the Armory hears the commotion and begins to walk towards it... Straight in the path of Joseph, Conoree, Flamelasher, and Derek.
--------------------

Talkal and Zerovirus are on the B1 floor. Radgar is behind the door leading to the Archives. Talkal is next to Radgar face-up on the floor. Zerovirus is on top of a Space Pirate, who is currently dazed or unconscious. Another Space Pirate is on the stairway and is closing the distance between them.

Joseph (johnratchet3), Flamelasher, Conoree (Rulyon), and Derek (Shadowkiller) are in the Armory. 10 Space Pirates are carrying the energized weapons back to wherever they came from. There are a slew of weapons left, but not as effective.

Character Statuses:
Spoiler:

Game Events:
It is nightfall. You are inside the Bunkers - a group of four small, metal buildings inside a valley surrounded by trees. Underneath the Bunkers are a network of tunnels and buildings containing supplies and other necessary materials. The Bunkers are lit by bright, overhead lights powered by some unknown source.

Points of Interest:
•There are Space Pirates in the bunkers looking for supplies.
•The main group of villagers is still inside the valley behind the bunkers.
•There's still the question of magic. Maybe if you found a suitable room for it?

Last edited by bigkahuna on Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Rulyon Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:26 pm

After hearing the commotion in the stairway and figuring the pirates within the room will investigate, I...

Major Action: Quietly pull the closest party member, Joseph Rivers, behind some shelving so the pirates have to pass us unnoticed to go up the stairway. Hopefully the others see this and follow.

If successful at remaining unseen continue with:

Pantomine my plan to silently sneak up behind the pirates and attack with the crowbar and for Joseph to wait until I attack to open fire. This includes the others attacking from hidden locations if applicable and agreeable to them.

I try to sneak up behind the pirates and silently kill/incapacitate one with a blow to the head or neck, with the hopes that I can eliminate one or more unnoticed by the other pirates.*

If I fail at remaining unseen continue with:

Dive for cover and try to push the warehouse shelving onto them, hopefully putting them into disarray, ruining their shots, or even injuring/killing some under the weight of the shelves.

I hope that works. I don't know what you have in mind for the shelving, but from my teamster days I could envision some of those steel shelves breaking bones and crushing someone.

Does this hasty course of action meet with y'all's approval and team cooperation?

*This one's risky, but with a good roll it could pay off immensely.

Also, I specified Rivers as the closest because of the assumption that if he "quietly asked me about FLAMELASHER'S cape" he had to be close enough to whisper it.

Last edited by Rulyon on Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rulyon
Rulyon
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  FLAMELASHER Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:46 am

If Rulyon's stealth fails:

Put on some SILAM and fire Hawk-IIs at the pirates as soon as the shelving falls

If it works:

Grab a Hawk-II and hide.
FLAMELASHER
FLAMELASHER
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Talkal Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:58 am

Using Disarming Principle neutralize the space pirates, and take their weapons.

When they are defeated loot their bodies ands ask Radgar:
"How long will it take to you to regenerate your strenght? we better go to the archives fast, maybe there you will get some rest."

Last edited by Talkal on Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Talkal
Talkal
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:08 pm

What abilities? Details, details, details Talkal.
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Talkal Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:26 pm

You know, if someone will shooting at me then Projectile Awareness, and to defeat them the Counter-attack disarming principle.
Talkal
Talkal
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:41 pm

Projectile Awareness is automatic - you don't have to put it in your action.

If you're going to use the Counter-Attack Principle, you have to specify it in your action, as well as which branch you're using.

Example: Disable the pirate of his [Choose Weapon according to your current skill level. For that, see your character status] using the Counter-Attack Disarming Principle.
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:40 pm

Gah! Double posting so everyone sees this.

Waiting on Zerovirus, Shadowkiller, and Johnratchet3.

Talkal - please edit your action according to the above post.

Does everyone agree with Rulyon's plan of action? Please specify so.
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Zerovirus Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:15 pm

I attack the man with my acrofatic powers! Acrobatic. I meant acrobatic. Yeah.

To be more precise, I bounce up and down on the guy I'm sitting on. Once he's pretty much incapacitated, I put my knife to his throat and use him as a hostage. If that doesn't work either, I throw him at the other pirate and then proceed to leap on top of them both!

I think I'll also learn sumo wrestling after this whole debacle is over.
Zerovirus
Zerovirus
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

http://forums.wesnoth.org

Back to top Go down

Post  ShadoWKilleR Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:39 pm

>Grab the most powerful looking weapon I see, I take cover outside the Pirates line of sight and out of their path, getting ready for the moment to strike.
If seen
>Aid Conoree in pushing the warehouse shelving onto them, go for cover and fire into the remaining pirates heads.(copy pasta ftw!)

I will coincide with this plan because this time we really do have no choice. This time only though >Sad
ShadoWKilleR
ShadoWKilleR
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Talkal Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:33 am

Changed.
Talkal
Talkal
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:50 am

Waiting on Johnratchet3. I suggest you check on your tools - you have some useful stuff.
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  johnratchet3 Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:33 pm

I saw. Much appreciated Very Happy Sorry for the late response, here goes;

Umm, Minor Be pulled aside by Conoree (lol), and take cover from the passing pirates. While hidden, examine the nearest box, and try to find something I can use as a meelee weapon, probably something like a well-sized monkey wrench, and something I can use at range (be it steel bolts to be thrown or a pistol to shoot with). BE SURE to listen into their conversation as they walk past blissfully unaware. Hold my nose as they do.

Major: Once the pirates have shantyed their way past, quietly emerge from the hiding spot, and get clear of the shelving in the opposite direction of the scoundrels. Once the shelves get knocked down, leap on top of the carnage, and play whack-a-mole with the first face to emerge. Give them my regards if I engage in any meelee combat.

That should go alright. Ready to roll now, excuse me for not comprising a list, but it's 3 in the morning, and I need sleep badly :S
johnratchet3
johnratchet3
Experienced Player
Experienced Player

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:55 pm

Rolling tomorrow. If anyone gives me a list that'd speed things up nicely.
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:28 pm

Be pulled aside by Conoree (lol).

Quietly pull the closest party member, Joseph Rivers, behind some shelving so the pirates have to pass us unnoticed to go up the stairway. Hopefully the others see this and follow. - 3

You [Conoree] grab Joseph by the shirt and quietly drags you towards the shelving. He quickly takes the hint and lets himself be dragged along -- however, since Joseph is facing the other way, he failed to notice the fallen weapons that you were able to sidestep and tripped...

...take cover from the passing pirates. - 6

With a clatter, you fall to the floor on top of the metal shield you tripped over. Stifling a curse, you crawl on your hands and knees behind the shelving as the Pirates gesture towards your aisle and quickly come towards you...

4 - ...but it's too late. They saw your leg as you went by. With a cry, they drop their batch of weapons and pick up the ones most suited to them.

Rulyon (Conoree Firewolf): Dive for cover and try to push the warehouse shelving onto them, hopefully putting them into disarray, ruining their shots, or even injuring/killing some under the weight of the shelves. - 3

Shadowkiller (Derek Fox): >Aid Conoree in pushing the warehouse shelving onto them, go for cover. - 5

Derek dives behind the shelving before the Space Pirates round the corner. Conoree and Derek try to push over the metal shelves, but it's too heavy for them... the shelves are probably bolted to the floor.

Flamelasher:

If Rulyon's stealth fails:

Put on some SILAM and fire Hawk-IIs at the pirates.

You hurry past the others, ignoring their gestures for you to stay with them. Crawling past, you skirt the aisle and go around to where you saw them drop their weapons. However, the Space Pirates seemed to have the same thought as you did, as three of the Pirates are guarding over the pile of energized weapons.

You duck behind the farming equipment.

Try to find something I can use as a melee weapon, probably something like a well-sized monkey wrench, and something I can use at range (be it steel bolts to be thrown or a pistol to shoot with).

Search Check: 11

You see a weighty-looking hammer over behind Derek, as well as some steel-tipped darts. It'll be tough to throw them by hand, but you suppose you can make do. You come out of your corner and round the aisle...

17 - ...and quickly duck back. A bulky looking Space Pirate quietly sneaks right past you, towards Derek and Conoree. That was close. You hope that they'll be okay. You go back round the aisle and pick up the hammer. It feels... familiar, as if it was an old friend. You toss it around and like the wait. You pocket a dozen-or-so steel darts for good measure.

Going back to Conoree and Derek, you quickly see that the Pirate and Derek are struggling, but Derek has the upper hand. You decide dashing in with your mighty hammer would break the silence and ruin everything, so you grab Conoree and head out to a new position.

...At least you would. You change your mind after taking scope of the situation.

Three Space Pirates are guarding the pile of weapons, Derek is dispatching another one... Where are the other six? You soon find out.

Systematically, the six space pirates are walking in pairs throughout the aisles, looking for you... This does not bode well.

Shadowkiller (Derek Fox):

>Grab the most powerful looking weapon I see, I take cover outside the Pirates line of sight and out of their path, getting ready for the moment to strike.

Search Check: 12

You look around for some weapons while crouching down on the floor. In front of you (through the shelving), you can see the pile of energized weapons. All that firepower makes you salivate. Unfortunately, three brutes of guards are practically sitting on it, so it's unlikely that you'll get those any time soon. Turning around, you can see a longsword... rapier... claymore... Wait- claymore? Sweet.

It's a bit out of your reach, but... Carpedium, right?

3 - You lean back into the other aisle and grasp the hilt, when an armoured boot descends lightly but firmly on your fingers. A leering face comes into view. "Well... what do we have here?"

You sigh. So cliche. With your free hand you twist around and try to trip him up...

12 - ...and he lifts his foot up to block your blow. Using your now-freed hand, you grab the claymore and shove the hilt against his boot, knocking him to the floor. Standing up, you prepare to give a final blow...

8 - ...but he grabs the handle with his gloves, holding them straight against his chest. With all your strength you attempt to overpower him...

1+20 = [21]: Flow + Adrenaline Rush

With an inhuman groan, you plant your feet into the ground and push the claymore into the soldier's chest. He gives off an involuntary cry as the sword slowly but inexorably inches towards him. Feeling your arms strain and the floor beneath you begin to creak, you give one final, merciless effort... and it's over. You feel powerful... more powerful than you felt before.

Info:
-------------------------------------------

Talkal:

Using the Disarming Principle, neutralize the space pirates, and take their weapons. - 13 + 1 = [14]

Well, Zerovirus seems to have one of the pirates covered, so you stand in the path of the Space Pirate who is dashing madly towards you. Sidestepping his charge, you knock into his side and grab one of his paddles.

"What in the world are these things?" No time for that...

The Space Pirate is holding his large, rectangular paddle like a sword. This is going to be interesting...

He lunges his paddle towards you...

11 - and you knock it away. A burst of electricity accompanies the parry. "I'd better be careful not to get hit by one of these..." You have never done very well with sword fighting, so you go for a more classical approach. Picking up the paddle with both hands, you start flailing at the Pirate's head...

20 - ...and in the middle of his complex show of sword prowess, you conk him on the head, effectively knocking him out. "That was easy..."

Info:

Zerovirus:

I attack the man with my acrofatic powers! Acrobatic. I meant acrobatic. Yeah.

To be more precise, I bounce up and down on the guy I'm sitting on.

Standing up and beating your chest, you challenge the prone figure on the floor. "FEEL MY POWER!" you yell, and you mean it. You jump onto the Pirate, and he groans and scrambles away before you can jump on him again. You grin widely. "Oh, think you can get away so easily?" You corner the Pirate into the wall as he covers his eyes in anticipation of the horror he will be enduring...

17 - ...my, you're evil. You hoist the Pirate up by the shoulders, ignoring his flailing arms, and smash him into the wall. Letting gravity take you, you fall backwards and squash him, using him to break your fall.

Once he's pretty much incapacitated, I put my knife to his throat and use him as a hostage. If that doesn't work either, I throw him at the other pirate and then proceed to leap on top of them both!

Holding your pocketknife up to the man's throat, you challenge them in defiance. "Give up, or I'll... oh."

Looks like Talkal has already incapacitated the other Pirate. You let the unconscious man slip to the floor and help Radgar up from where he was crouched, hiding.

Talkal:

When they are defeated loot their bodies and ask Radgar, "How long will it take to you to regenerate your strenght? we better go to the archives fast, maybe there you will get some rest."

Radgar said wearily, "I should be fine now. I can at least make it to the Archives. Once you're done looking around I'll be able to start your training. I just wish there was a sandwhich or something around here..."

Humming to yourself, you take the Pirate's other paddle. Dragging him over to the other man, you stack them on top of each other. You give the other Pirate's paddles to Zerovirus.

Talkal and Zerovirus are on the B1 floor. The two pirates they had fought are lying on top of each other, unconscious.

Joseph (johnratchet3), Flamelasher, Conoree (Rulyon), and Derek (Shadowkiller) are in the Armory. 3 Space Pirates are guarding the pile of energized weapons, one is dead, and the other six are systemically scoping out the room.

Character Statuses:
Spoiler:

Game Events:
It is nightfall. You are inside the Bunkers - a group of four small, metal buildings inside a valley surrounded by trees. Underneath the Bunkers are a network of tunnels and buildings containing supplies and other necessary materials. The Bunkers are lit by bright, overhead lights powered by some unknown source.

Points of Interest:
•There are Space Pirates in the bunkers looking for supplies.
•The main group of villagers is still inside the valley behind the bunkers.
•There's still the question of magic. Maybe if you found a suitable room for it?
•Zerovirus and Talkal - what will you do with the two Pirates?
•Johnratchet3, Flamelasher, Rulyon, and Shadowkiller - what will you do about the approaching Pirates?

Last edited by bigkahuna on Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  FLAMELASHER Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:48 pm

Hurl hoes at the pirates, then slide in with my stilleto and fight!
FLAMELASHER
FLAMELASHER
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next