Novalia Roll 2 Dodge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roll 2 Dodge: Within the Light

+10
Frogger5
johnratchet3
its_crunchtime
FoolishBalloon
Talkal
ShadoWKilleR
PeterPorty
Zerovirus
FLAMELASHER
Bigkahuna
14 posters

Page 16 of 18 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Go down

Roll 2 Dodge: Within the Light - Page 16 Empty Re: Roll 2 Dodge: Within the Light

Post  Rulyon Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:21 am

I contribute to the Diplomacy check by:

Major Action: Use my woman's intuition to figure whether the man behind the door would respond better to an appeal to his compassion from a woman in need asking for help or an appeal to his lust from a woman flashing some skin and using suggestive body language like facial expressions and wandering hands. Then use my, ahem, womanly charm to try to appeal to the man appropriately. Naturally, if seduction is the technique used, I'm not necessarily going to let him lay a hand on me if he opens the door.

Minor Action: If he let's us in, look around the inside of the bunker once we step inside to observe my new surroundings.

Last edited by Rulyon on Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Rulyon
Rulyon
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Roll 2 Dodge: Within the Light - Page 16 Empty Re: Roll 2 Dodge: Within the Light

Post  ShadoWKilleR Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:26 am

Fine way to use a female character.

*Takes furious notes*

But I will probably only be able to use in Prismpunk.
ShadoWKilleR
ShadoWKilleR
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:41 pm

Waiting on Talky Talkal.

Rulyon - ....I really have nothing to say to that....

Shadowkiller - I would ask Zero for a picture of yourself first Smile
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Rulyon Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:09 pm

Hey man, if a little harmless flirting means getting the villagers, my teamates, and MYSELF into shelter from the weather and aggressive predators... I'd do it in a heartbeat. Wouldn't you? So would Conoree. Smile

Imagine her looking something like this, except not in a black trench coat.
Spoiler:
Rulyon
Rulyon
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:25 pm

...Well, it's certainly... innovative...

Guys, I'm just letting you know that you WILL have a chance to train your magic in one or two rolls (depending on circumstances). Also, it will not be ruled by luck. You WILL learn the magic of your choice, to some extent.

If you have any questions, now would be the time to ask, because Radgar will only go over the basics. You can ask questions any time about game mechanics and such.
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Zerovirus Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:35 pm

bigkahuna wrote:Waiting on Talky Talkal.

Rulyon - ....I really have nothing to say to that....

Shadowkiller - I would ask Zero for a picture of yourself first Smile

I have pictures of every single character in the game, or at least the way I envision them; note that I say pictures in the plural as each character has more than a single pic to form a cohesive portfolio. I think it's a good system for DMs to keep up with character fluff.

@Rulyon: Good luck with that. I roll my eyes when Rulyon tries and turn away, taking the opportunity to see how my bird is doing.
Zerovirus
Zerovirus
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

http://forums.wesnoth.org

Back to top Go down

Post  FLAMELASHER Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:00 pm

Watch Coronee be sexy and seductive, while covering my trousers to hide a... ehm... lump.
FLAMELASHER
FLAMELASHER
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:44 pm

Zerovirus - could I see my picture(s)? Wink

By the way... I saw your RL picture on the Wesnoth thread. I was like "WOAH that's Zero?!?" Take that however you want Wink

Flamelasher - Rolling Eyes
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Zerovirus Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:13 pm

Razz

Just curious, how did you imagine me before you saw that?

I'll send you some pictures I feel describe your character's appearance and equipment in a sec, as soon as I get them on Majhost.
Zerovirus
Zerovirus
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

http://forums.wesnoth.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Talkal Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:18 am

If we get inside, then look around for some tools and ask Radgar: "Can you teach us now about the magic? I would like learn especially about earth magic"

If we don't get inside, find a piece of wood, borrow a knife from somebody, and make a figure from the wood.
Talkal
Talkal
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Rulyon Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:08 am

If the four base elements, I'm most interested in water. I think that covers all four fir the group, with nobody having to "settle for something else." :-)

Just so y'all know, I was actually hoping the first option would be the one taken. Connie's no exhibitionist by any measure of the word, but she's also down-to-Earth enough that survival takes precedence over modesty. If she can manipulate that man into letting them in, then by Gosh, she's gonna do it.
Rulyon
Rulyon
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:30 pm

Zerovirus wrote:Just curious, how did you imagine me before you saw that?
...I'd rather not answer that.

I'll try to roll this afternoon. A list would be very helpful *hint* *hint*.
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Rulyon Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:05 pm

Zerovirus:
My bird's joints should be okay by now, but the cut I made in its wing will take time to heal- and it may not be able to hunt in the meantime, so I'll have to bring it food every so often. Is that correct, Bigkahuna?

I ask Radgar what happened. Are those natives in the bunkers? Why are there 4 buildings above ground if there's only a single entrance?

I suggest that Radgar bribe the guy at the gate. I hand him my brown fruits to use as bargaining material.

I look around for alternative entrances to the bunkers.

FLAMELASHER:
Do nothing while the others be diplomatic.
If diplomacy fails, me and bob attack the fort.

ShadoWKilleR:
Develop RAGE, do not let it out. Yet.
If the asshole ain't opening the door, use RAGE on door. Make sure to rip it apart with every single fibre of my being.

Rulyon:
Contribute to the Diplomacy check by:

Major Action: Use my woman's intuition to figure whether the man behind the door would respond better to an appeal to his compassion from a woman in need asking for help or an appeal to his lust from a woman flashing some skin and using suggestive body language like facial expressions and wandering hands. Then use my, ahem, womanly charm to try to appeal to the man appropriately. Naturally, if seduction is the technique used, I'm not necessarily going to let him lay a hand on me if he opens the door.

Minor Action: If he let's us in, look around the inside of the bunker once we step inside to observe my new surroundings.

Talkal:
If we get inside, then look around for some tools and ask Radgar: "Can you teach us now about the magic? I would like learn especially about earth magic"

If we don't get inside, find a piece of wood, borrow a knife from somebody, and make a figure from the wood.
Rulyon
Rulyon
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:55 pm

TO ALL - this was a slow roll. Character introduction, but still slow. You can choose your path from here.

Zerovirus - It may be fine on its own, but yes its wing will take time to heal. Besides, you can't leave it alone forever - it could decide to leave.

Rulyon - If this roll goes awry, I'm going to have the hardest time writing out an action for you.

EDIT: Ah, good. Wink

Zerovirus:

I ask Radgar what happened. Are those natives in the bunkers? Why are there 4 buildings above ground if there's only a single entrance?

Before the surprised man at the door can retaliate, you swiftly pull Radgar aside and converse in low tones. "What's going on? Who's that guy in the bunker? Is he a native?"

He shakes his head. "He speaks Norsulan. There's no way he's a native. I'm just wondering how he got here..."

"Well, is there another way in or something? It seems like a waste to have four separate buildings with no alternate entrances..."

Radgar scratches his head. "The usual procedure is to have one heavily fortified entrance so as to minimize breaches, and have the extra buildings for storage, aboveground scouting, and such. However, you're probably right - there should be another entrance around here somewhere. It may not be very obvious, though."

I suggest that Radgar bribe the guy at the gate. I hand him my brown fruits to use as bargaining material.

Deciding you'll try to weasel the man into opening the door, you hand your remaining fruit to Radgar. He frowns.

"What is this?"

"I don't know... It's some sort of fruit... Maybe we could use it to bargain?"

Radgar strokes his non-existent beard. "I doubt he'll let us in just to have this... Wait!" Radgar grins, having thought of a scheme. "The viewing slat is too small to fit this fruit in it. When he opens the door, we can just... 'stick our foot in it', if you know what I mean." You nod and gesture for him to proceed.

1 [CRITICAL FAILURE]- Radgar walks to the door again and lets fly a rapid string of Norsulan. The man hesitantly opens the slat again, and laughs when he sees the fruit. Radgar returns, rather flustered.

"He said this was a... 'coconut', and that there are veritable thousands on this planet."

You shrug. "It was worth a shot."

I look around for alternative entrances to the bunkers.

Search Check - 7: MINOR SUCCESS

You ease away from the group, motioning them to stay where they are. They commence to distract the man at the door from leaving.

Examining one of the other buildings, you can see no obvious exit or entrance. But some of the panels do look a bit interesting...

Examine Check - 15: SUCCESS

...and when you press your fingers along the metal seam, it shifts. You quickly slide open the hidden entrance, delighted at your find. Walking inside, you find a very securely locked door. About to swear in frustration, you slam your hand down on a box to your right. An electronic voice replies something in a different language. Surprised, you look closer...

Examine Check - 12: SUCCESS

It seems that it's some sort of automated locking system. A compact metal box is inside of a larger and more durable container, with a small hole in the top that could allow your hand to fit inside. The large container is scored with clawmarks. You wonder if the creatures outside were clever enough to find and enter this bunker.

Looking inside the top of the container, you see that the metal box is composed of a screen with numbers on it - apparently the lock is controlled by a series of numbers. It could take you years to guess the combination. Well, maybe Radgar would know something.

Flamelasher:

Do nothing while the others be diplomatic. [-]

You twiddle your thumbs and handle your stiletto, waiting for some action to happen.

Shadowkiller (Derek Fox):

Develop RAGE, do not let it out. Yet. [-]

You decide to simmer your growing impatience into a developing anger to unleash when the time is right.

Rulyon (Conoree Firewolf):

You smirk at the others' feeble attempts to entice the man to open the door. You whisper to them. "Step aside, boys. This is a job for a woman."

Use my woman's intuition to figure whether the man behind the door would respond better to an appeal to his compassion from a woman in need asking for help or an appeal to his lust from a woman flashing some skin and using suggestive body language like facial expressions and wandering hands. Then use my, ahem, womanly charm to try to appeal to the man appropriately. Naturally, if seduction is the technique used, I'm not necessarily going to let him lay a hand on me if he opens the door.

Examine Check [Man] - 10: SUCCESS

Well, the man is young enough. However, he appears rather agitated and nervous - probably his first time fending off a potentially hostile group of people banging on his door. You decide that a plea to his better nature would best suit the circumstances.

20 - You quickly adopt a pitiful and imploring attitude, and rub some dirt on your clothes. Hey - a bit of extra reason for compassion never hurt anyone. Throwing yourself against the door and allowing yourself to crumple to the ground, you wax eloquent on an impressive soliloquy on your miserable situation.

Radgar starts to translate your outburst into Norsulan, but you kick him in the shin. He quickly gives up. "Besides," you reason, "having the man be ignorant on our 'miserable situation' will further convince him to give us aid."

The man, looking increasingly more alarmed, hesitatingly opens the door. Only a fraction.

Flamelasher takes advantage of this and... assists the man in opening the rest of the door, introducing it to his foot. Flamelasher smiles, causing his visage to resemble a shark.

If he let's us in, look around the inside of the bunker once we step inside to observe my new surroundings.

You stand up, brush yourself off and invite yourself into the bunker. The others follow, leaving the doorkeeper standing in the entryway, his mouth open and as agape as the door.

Zerovirus returns and tells you all of his discovery: an alternate entrance into one of the bunkers, blocked by a keycode of some sort. Radgar scratches his head. "How do they still have power?"

You force the doorkeeper to sit down in one of the chairs, conveniently placed by the door. Trying to converse with him, you just draw blank stares. "We need to learn Norsulan..." Talkal mutters. Radgar seems to agree with you.

"You know what?" he says. "Screw this... I'll just cast a spell to give you Norsulan Comprehension."

Derek rolls his eyes. "And why didn't you figure this out before...?"

Radgar shifts nervously. "Well, there's about a 8.5% chance that your mental faculties are reduced to gibberish and you lose all feeling in your left arm. But I think it's necessary now."

Before you can protest, he does his weird voodoo pose and you all flinch. Nothing seems to happen.

"...What was that?" the man, previously silent, said. Apparently the spell worked.

Rulyon (Conoree Firewolf):

"Ah, much better," Conoree said, smiling. "As you can probably see, we're not as helpless as we made ourselves out to be. And I'm sure you'll regret opening that door much more if you don't tell us who you are and why your here."

18 - The man sighs. "I... my name is Joseph Rivers. I'm an Ex-Force Marine. The Cruiser I was on was invaded by Space Pirates, and after they took over the ship I decided to join them rather than be jettisoned. Apparently, this planet is one of the Pirates military bases."

Radgar gives Joseph a sharp look. "Space Pirates are individual groups of rogues." Joseph flinches at the usage of the word 'rogue', but Radgar continues. "Never before have they banded together in a true military operation."

Joseph shrugs. "All I know is that the main Pirate base on this planet is several hundred kilometers north of here. My squadron came with a fleet of Gliders to confiscate the supplies in the various Colonization Bunkers."

Flamelasher looks at Radgar. "I thought we were the only group of colonists on this planet..."

Radgar nods. "You are. However, 150 of you can't possibly colonize an entire planet. We had to prepare for the eventuality that multiple civilizations would need to be established."

Joseph inclines his head. "We? You've had my story, but I'd be rather interested to know yours."

You introduce yourselves. It's not like anything you know could be useful to Space Pirates.

He gets an odd glint in his eye. "You're members of the Force? What do you plan to do with this planet?"

Radgar answers cautiously. "I don't believe life can possibly survive here without advanced equipment, years of native training, or at least supplies to support these 150 people. Currently we don't have the resources nor time to accomplish this. Well, we would... tell me, have these Bunkers been looted by your 'friends', yet?"

"...unfortunately, the acquisition is in progress. If you're looking for supplies, you'll find fierce resistance. There's still time, though. This is just a watchpost. The entrance to the main bunker i-"

Zerovirus interrupts. "Yes, yes, we know. I found it. Do you know the key to it?"

"..."

Radgar nervously coughs. "Well, you've been most co-operative... Mayb-"

"I've been co-operative because I want to join you. I don't want to spend my life ruled by lawless scum. And I believe you won't be able to go far without me." He smiles oddly.

Radgar frowns. ".....Agreed."

NEW PLAYER: johnratchet3 (Joseph Rivers)

You walk into the alternate entrance Zerovirus discovered, and Joseph wordlessly enters the code. The steel door creaks open slowly. You can see empty shelves where presumably weapons or supplies used to be, and a spiral metal staircase in the corner. A placard on the wall seems to have a crude map of the bunkers. It appears that they go much deeper than you thought - there are four floors.

"Let's see... On the top floor we have..."

TOP FLOOR - Blast Doors, Prepared Rations
B1 - Containment Rooms, Archives
B2 - Weapon Storage, Medical Storage, Comestible Storage
B3 [RESTRICTED] - Hangars, Control Room, Maintenance, Generators

...Where to head?

Talkal:

If we get inside, look around for some tools.

Search Check - 10: MINOR SUCCESS

You look around for anything that might be useful, but there isn't much left. The Space Pirates seemed to have nabbed all the prepared and ready rations already. However, there is a crowbar, which you presume was used to pry open or blockade the blast doors in case of emergencies.

You turn to Radgar. "Can you teach us now about the magic? I would like learn especially about earth magic."

Radgar glances at Joseph, who is discreetly listening, quite interested in this subject. He sighs.

"I suppose we can trust him," he mutters.

"Well," Radgar says, "Some of the containment rooms on the next floor were created just for that purpose - in case someone accidentally discovered magic and wished to learn more without killing themselves. We can head down there the first thing we do."

Character Statuses:
Spoiler:

Game Events:
It is nightfall. You are near the Bunkers - a group of four small, metal buildings inside a valley surrounded by trees.

Points of Interest:
•There are Space Pirates in the bunkers looking for supplies.
•The main group of villagers is still inside the valley behind the bunkers.
•Joseph Rivers looks trustworthy enough...
•There's still the question of magic. Maybe if you found a suitable room for it?

Last edited by bigkahuna on Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Talkal Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:28 am

You have forgot about my question to Radgar.
Talkal
Talkal
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:46 am

Did I...?

Yeah, sorry. I edited in your action.
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  FLAMELASHER Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:24 pm

Head to weapon storage.
FLAMELASHER
FLAMELASHER
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Talkal Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:01 pm

"Radgar, let's go to the Containment Room, but first I would like to visit the achives, maybe we will find there something useful." (In the archives search for some information about technology, a diary and a map of the bunkers and nearby places.
Talkal
Talkal
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Rulyon Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:22 am

Minor Action: Tell the villagers to follow us inside the bunker, find a safe place for them to mill about while we tend to matters, with the assurance that once we find some food and ensure the area inside is safe, we'll return. If they don't follow us, I go inside anyway. Eventually they'll come to their senses and come inside to shelter.

I then ask Ragnar if we can visit the Armory to better arm ourselves should the pirates discover us during our magic lesson and ask Talkal if I could borrow the crow bar for a few minutes.

Major Action: Accompany FLAMELASHER to the Armory. Search for a ranged weapon, as well as some light Melee weapon to fit my specialty, such as some sort of metal or energy-bladed bladed weapon. Since Talkal is going to the Archives, I retrieve a weapon for him too, as well as any other member of the party that doesn't accompany us. If I reach some sort of limit or can't find anything for the others, I focus primarily on arming myself, and recommend to them:

"I couldn't find anything you might find useful, but you may have better luck."

Should we encounter any opposition on our way to the armory, that would he th next roll, right?

Last edited by Rulyon on Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:08 am; edited 2 times in total
Rulyon
Rulyon
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:22 am

I said you guys would be ABLE to learn magic in 1-2 turns. You are now ABLE to by going to the Containment Rooms. If you choose a different path, this will be delayed.
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  johnratchet3 Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:03 am

Major action : Follow Rulyon/Conoree and Flamelasher to the armoury (Aussie spelling Razz ). Once I get there, if pirates are already in the place, dive away from the group and pretend I escaped capture, and continue this masquerade long enough to grab a meelee weapon from them or the stores. If there's no pirates, proceed to raid the place in a more leisurely fashion. Find a few weapons that suit my pirate experience, but most of all, something with plenty of ammo. And keep an eye out for components or parts to pick up along the way (in short, this entire action is 'go to armoury and raid it' Very Happy).

Minor action : Get to know the group a bit better. Subtly ask Ruylon/Conoree why there's an awful smell that seems to follow Flamelasher around Razz. Ponder why I'm an ex-marine-ex-pirate. And hum a space shanty on the way.

Would be cool/safer if we all move as a group Very Happy
johnratchet3
johnratchet3
Experienced Player
Experienced Player

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:11 pm

Waiting on Shadowkiller and Zerovirus.
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  ShadoWKilleR Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:42 am

Go in front of the group heading into the armoury, take out anything that seems hostile on the way.

Quick action cuz I have to go to school, sorry.
ShadoWKilleR
ShadoWKilleR
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Rulyon Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:45 am

Edited my action. Highlighted the edited in portion.
Rulyon
Rulyon
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:51 am

Rulyon - Talkal has the crowbar. I'm not sure he'd be pleased with you taking it.
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 18 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next