Novalia Roll 2 Dodge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Onyx Assassin: Moonlight and Blood

+6
johnratchet3
FillerB
Rulyon
Regnar13
Kanapka
PeterPorty
10 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

The Onyx Assassin: Moonlight and Blood - Page 5 Empty Re: The Onyx Assassin: Moonlight and Blood

Post  johnratchet3 Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:24 pm

Agree to splitting up to accomplish both objectives at once.
If agreed split occurs; Explore with Aerius, and keep especially alert for stuff I can used to fix the helicopter (I think I have the best knowledge of what can and cant be used), as well as leads to Toffee like footprints. Keep reasonably close to Aerius (try to be separated). If I run into the Marox (or any random person), keep calm, polite, and don't pull out the gun on sight. If under attack, try to defend myself with whatever's available.
If split does not occur; Stay with the group, sulk at Cupcakes, and do the above anyway (while staying close to the group).

Do we have any food to last a trip on foot? Neutral
johnratchet3
johnratchet3
Experienced Player
Experienced Player

Back to top Go down

The Onyx Assassin: Moonlight and Blood - Page 5 Empty Re: The Onyx Assassin: Moonlight and Blood

Post  PeterPorty Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:45 pm

Pig has a whole bear, you just need to make him share it.
PeterPorty
PeterPorty
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  johnratchet3 Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:03 pm

That would be fine, if my name was Bear Grylls and I ate raw bear meat XD

Unless our knives our made of flint, I dont see how can get a fire going (to cook this delicious bear meat Very Happy), though the vegetation + some remaining heli fuel would make it easy if we could make a spark somehow.
johnratchet3
johnratchet3
Experienced Player
Experienced Player

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterPorty Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:19 pm

He already cut the bear into easy-to-manage pieces and cooked it using his knife... If you don't remember, "someone" kind of burnt himself with said knife...
PeterPorty
PeterPorty
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Rulyon Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:06 pm

<coughpigthescoutburnthishandcough>

Pig will inform the group of his kill, and offer some meat to everyone, dolling it out evenly to everyone that desires some. He will also consent to the split, but state that he thinks the best bet is to rescue Toffee first as a team, pointing out that the whole is greater than the sum of the parts. Either way, he'll be inclined to take point and watch cautiously along the way for potential enemies. (Yes, he already checked around, but you never know when someone could simply leave a building or come out of hiding.) Should combat become unavoidable he will rely on his issued weapon unless there is a way to utilize his special training. If they are able to get all the way to their destination (whichever it may be) and there is a single guard, he'll most likely attempt to slay him quickly by throwing his knife. Otherwise, he'll work with the team on whichever plan they come up with.
Rulyon
Rulyon
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  johnratchet3 Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:05 am

The actions as of now in order of post;

Spoiler:
johnratchet3
johnratchet3
Experienced Player
Experienced Player

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterPorty Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:49 pm

Alright, I'll write in the next few hours. If anyone changes their action, post something like "Edited my action" or something,I'll use John's thing otherwise.

I'm completely sorry, mates... I failed you... I had a really tough day IRL, and I'll do this tomorrow, but again, I'm really sorry... I'll be sure to make it up to you guys though.
PeterPorty
PeterPorty
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  johnratchet3 Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:47 am

No probs mate, good things take time, and it's hard to find some when this annoying thing called real life is hassling you Smile

If I may speak for the rest of us, we're certainly not gonna complain when you let us know you've got problems or time constraints.
johnratchet3
johnratchet3
Experienced Player
Experienced Player

Back to top Go down

Post  FillerB Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:11 am

Do these real-life troubles have anything at all to do with a certain collection of plastic and glass implements? For shame Pete!

I kid, I kid, take your time Pete.

FillerB
FillerB
Player
Player

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterPorty Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:15 pm

Aerius and Chip: Aerius starts giving a huge speech about how you should "take the third path" and complete both objectives, when Cupcake suddenly interrupts you saying: "Shut up already, everyone can do whatever the hell they want to do. I myself am going for our man, the rest of you can choose; here's the guy we were supposed to find." He throws a picture at you of an Asian man. You two and Cupcakes decide to go save Toffee, going through the city to the location where she should be. While you're walking through this desert of cement, you see one house that doesn't look so bad, and go into it. There is no one inside, but there are plenty supplies, there is a lot of food, ammo, weapons, clothing, even explosives. You all decide this shall be given away among your partners, but Aerius does take a compressed photon charge for himself, since his gun was empty. You place it all in a bag, and Cupcakes takes a case out of his back pack. When he opened it, two drones came out, they had pretty good lenses and really small weaponry, so they were probably espionage drones. After fiddling a bit with his watch, the two drones grab the bag and head the direction you came from. Alright guys, there's probably enough there to fix the helicopter and all, now we should probably find the girl before someone notices we stole their supplies.
"Too late" you hear someone say, and 3 grunts jump right in front of you, two males and a female.
They're all carrying a bullet handgun and nothing else, as far as you can tell.
"They each have the handgun, two grenades, a long-range rifle, a knife and a concealed blade on their boots, the female also has gas bombs and a flash grenade, and she has slightly better weapons." Said Cupcake.

Toffee: You start acting and lying like hell, but as soon as you start doing so, he smirks; he knows you're lying.
"Damn, night's about to fall, and I was supposed to be in Heyno some hours ago. It's nice to meet you and thanks for your help, but I think I need to hit the road, I don't have my phone to get my fellas to come for me and my heli is probably a heap of metal scrapes now. Can you tell me what direction Heyno is, and, um, can you give me some tips on how not to get lost? Or maybe I can borrow a vehicle? Yeah, I've had some drinks, but it's the middle of nowhere and I have drug dealers to bust. Oh, and I'll drop by when I'm done there, this Madox stuff is really cool. By the way, did you see my jacket and watch?"
"The ARU doesn't catch drug dealers, unless it's a really important one, and if that was the case, they wouldn't send a recruit alone. It's better for you to wait for your team here. As I said, your jacket is drying, they'll bring it anytime soon -A woman comes in with your jacket, hands it to you and leaves- there you go. As for your watch, I'm afraid you'll have to ask for a new one in the headquarters, it's a pretty strong weapon. Also, stop looking cute, Mike here is going crazy for you."
"Shut up Cole" Said the drunk guy in front of you.
You take out your gun and shoot Cole, a really small light-bullets comes out, which Cole catches with his bare hands.
"Oh, right, I forgot about it" He reaches into his pocket and takes the photon charge. "This is yours too, take it." He throws it at you. You notice he is far superior to you in pretty much every single aspect, so you try to run away, he sits there for a few seconds, and then a wall of onyx appears in front of you, as he grabs your arm.
"As I said, you better calm down for a while, I want to talk to you."
There isn't much you can do, and you consider yourself lucky for not being dead yet, so you sit down and listen.
"You're an ARU trainee, they've probably told you a bit about me. I'm Cole, the Marox who supposedly killed the members of the Phoenix team; that's a lie. These here, Mike and Kryla are members of said team, and there are three more that you still haven't met. I'm giving you the chance to join me, just like they did, leave that dreadful place called the ARU and come with me, come to fight for justice instead of oppressing people, come to the side of darkness, where the true light can be found."

Falcon and Pig: You two head towards NewYork, and don't really find anyone or anything interesting, but on your way, you find a truck, it is missing the doors and it's pretty ugly and smelly, also covered in blood and there's a corpse in the back part, but oh well, it's transportation after all. Falcon takes the driver's seat and starts the engines, and you go at full speed towards your destination. You arrive and you see your man surrounded by 20 other people, none was armed with fire weapons, but 20 VS 1 isn't really a fair fight. It's your decision though, will you help him out?

Rescue Team: Fight, stressful situation, only 1 action per player.
Toffee: He asked you a question, you can't really do much but answer, you can also ask a few of your own, probably.
Mission team: Choice on whether to fight or not.

Time until next action, a couple of minutes to half an hour... you're all in stressful situations except for Toffee, but she's answering a question, so it's all the same.

Spoiler:
PeterPorty
PeterPorty
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  FillerB Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:34 pm

Make a inconspicuous wink at Cupcake and throw you arms in the air as a mark of surrender. Then ask Cupcake the time while explaining to the grunts that you need regular medications for your horrible explody-veins-disease. We wouldn't want to get blood all over our fancy clothes now would we? (Of course we do). Hopefully Cupcakes will take the hint and activate the weaponry on the drones while he fiddles with his watch.

If that is too long an action:

Punch the girl in the face, taking the grunts off guard (or at least surprised as hell) and run like a sissy coward to the nearest hiding spot.

And before you get ideas for a hilarious and groan-inducing backstory, the disease is an obvious lie.

Last edited by FillerB on Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:10 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : blargh retarded spelling)
FillerB
FillerB
Player
Player

Back to top Go down

Post  ShadoWKilleR Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:05 pm

I like you FillerB, but the 1st action will warn them to kill cupcake if he touches the watch, thus rendering your comment harmful. Maybe you could ask what is the time, together with something about this being the shortest mission ever.
ShadoWKilleR
ShadoWKilleR
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  FillerB Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:16 pm

Ah right, thanks for that. Fixed now.
FillerB
FillerB
Player
Player

Back to top Go down

Post  ShadoWKilleR Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:38 pm

Explodey vein disease is too far fetched, try something like a heart condition, or liver infection. Yeah, the liver infection will work.
ShadoWKilleR
ShadoWKilleR
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  FillerB Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:46 pm

It's a world were people can make microchips in the back of a helicopter, anonymous is a worldwide terrorist organization which being affiliated with is ground for immediate execution, the laws of physics can be edited using expensive technology and dangerous mutant scum is being hunted down by minimally trained young adults under leadership of someone called Cupcake. I really doubt "explody-vein-disease" is all that far fetched. Let's just say it's due to being exposed to nanites while I was young or something like that. Also remember that we are facing grunts in the middle of a capital wasteland setting. Explaining that you have a fatal liver disease might not impress the (assumed) dumb fucks all that much.
FillerB
FillerB
Player
Player

Back to top Go down

Post  PureCraft Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:12 pm

Count me in bro. btw: we need that smily on Orcs forum Urgh...

PureCraft
New Player
New Player

Back to top Go down

Post  FillerB Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:13 pm

Oh god no...
FillerB
FillerB
Player
Player

Back to top Go down

Post  johnratchet3 Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:38 pm

I'd put my modchip on a drone and commandeer it for myself if I had the time XD

But since I don't then I'll just have to; Dive for cover as soon as the sh*t hits the fan, and withdraw my heli-knife for quick access.
johnratchet3
johnratchet3
Experienced Player
Experienced Player

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterPorty Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:12 pm

P-p-p-Pure, there are MUCH better games in here than mine... Are you sure you don't want to join one of those? Urgh...
Also, I'm totally making that my signature or something, Filler. Razz
PeterPorty
PeterPorty
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanapka Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:32 pm

I was scared after falling out of a helicopter, now I can go full-flegded panic.
All right, mr. I Can Catch You If You Run, what's exactly the problem with ARU? I mean, they tried to do bad stuff to you, but there was also this kid who accidentally blew up like half a town, and they want to stop this kind of shit from happening, right? You seem fine to me, keeping to yourself here in the desert, but there are others who do not.

Oh, and Peter, thanks for not killing me.

Kanapka
Player
Player

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterPorty Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:04 pm

It's just because he also sees great potential in you, he wants you on his side... Right now you're not a threat to him at all, but at some point, you could... IDK, as him. Razz
PeterPorty
PeterPorty
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Rulyon Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:31 pm

Can we have a more specific description of the situation? Are they moving in for the kill right THIS INSTANT or is it a brief face-off?

"Well, shoot, Cupcake didn't tell us whether we're supposed to kill this guy or extract him or hurl insults his direction. 3 against 20 are not the sort of odds I like... We can let him die, but then if we're supposed to rescue him, mission failed. But we rescue him, we can always kill him later if that's the mission parameters. I don't see a choice... we have to fight. If s*#t hits the fan, remember I have this small hold-out pistol hidden away."

Major action: observe the situation, paying special attention to determine enemy concentration and apparent fighting prowess (do they look like professionals or n00bs? Well armed/armored or rag-tag?), does our target look scared or strangely calm and confidant (might have powers), elevation differences, environmental cover, or anything else that could provide a tactical advantage.

Minor Action: Say the above dialogue then make sure the safeties are off on my pistols and my knife is clear in it's sheathe. I keep my issued gun in my hand and put the hold-out pistol back in the holster at the small of my back.
Rulyon
Rulyon
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterPorty Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:12 pm

Yeah, sorry, my bad; you're hidden in a small dirt hill, they're in a plain place, not much about that. They 20 guys are obviously grunts, not armor or anything, but a couple of them have plasma blades, some others have really sharp weapons, and a couple only have some sticks. Your guy only has a long staff, or that's as much as you know. The battle is about to take place, they seemed be talking a few seconds ago, you didn't manage to hear anything, but the enemies are about to swing their weapons. Your guy is sweating, but there is no fear on his face; there is nothing really, just he looking at the enemies, probably thinking how he'll manage to survive now.

Also, cupcakes said he didn't know what you had to do in the mission; and that your target would tell you what to do next; I'd assume it wouldn't be smart to kill him... 20 on 3 on the other hand isn't a good situation either; you're two trainees and you don't know how strong he is.
PeterPorty
PeterPorty
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Regnar13 Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:22 pm

Ok, i think that we should save him. But i have no clue how so I say we examine the situation and go for the save. Maybe we could shoot a couple off from a distance so it isn't so many people.

Try and shoot a couple of the attackers with out revealing my location. Also try and asses the situation, are they just jumping him or does he have something of importance that they want? If worse comes to worse and he looks like he is going to die, intervene.
Regnar13
Regnar13
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Rulyon Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:40 am

"Pig" snickers, or perhaps more appropriately, snorts. "Looks like they brought the proverbial knives to a gun fight. Check it out. His weapon has reach, and ours definitely have the advantage of range. We'll have to take them down quick as we can, but if we keep out of their range, they won't have a chance. Plasma Blades are in charge, you take right, I'll take left. Try to confuse them."

Major Action: Aim at the man wielding the plasma blade on the left and fire. Hopefully kill or incapacitate my target and confuse or intimidate others with bodies falling on separate sides (thus giving the impression they're under attack from all sides or by a large group.) Perhaps by the time they've figured out it's just two of us we'll have knocked a few out of commission. Once they figure it out, keep on the move, trying to stay out of range while shooting at moments of opportunity. Once my issued weapon is out of ammunition, holster it, draw my knife, and engage the enemy in melee combat. My tactics then will be to stay mobile and evasive, again attacking at moments of opportunity.

Minor Action: Above dialogue.
Rulyon
Rulyon
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next