Novalia Roll 2 Dodge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Onyx Assassin: Moonlight and Blood

+6
johnratchet3
FillerB
Rulyon
Regnar13
Kanapka
PeterPorty
10 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

The Onyx Assassin: Moonlight and Blood - Page 7 Empty Re: The Onyx Assassin: Moonlight and Blood

Post  PeterPorty Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:40 pm

Yeah... Probably bad wording from myself; what I mean was that you are "aware" or something, as in... If you hear someone shout on your ear, you won't jump and go "WTF!?", but you'll ignore it unless you consider it's important information or something... I really don't know how to explain it... In-game it translates to you not failing by stuff like "you drop your gun out of pain" or "you try to attack your friends, but you can't because you love them too much" or something... In essence, your fails will be epic fails (only if you get 1-2, maybe 3 if the action is too risky). something like 4 or 5 won't be a fail like it would normally be, but more of a "nothing really important happens"

Now, to Filler's question: The gun is powerful enough to make the whole building fall if you know where to shoot/get a good roll. It's so powerful that if you shoot Cole, it would probably kill Toffee at this distance, and damage you enough. So yeah, unless you're all for mass murder; I'd go for the small bullets.

The sword is pretty big, but you can use it with one hand, although not... "fast".

About the bullet rifle, it only has 2 bullets already charged, and you didn't find any bullets... I'll edit that in a sec, sorry.

Finally, they are both close to the door and each other, and they're right at the door. You're pretty close to them, there are no "obstacles", but you're hidden. They haven't seen you yet, or at least you think that.
PeterPorty
PeterPorty
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

The Onyx Assassin: Moonlight and Blood - Page 7 Empty Re: The Onyx Assassin: Moonlight and Blood

Post  FillerB Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:30 pm

So a longsword and a bazooka... well that gives me some options without having the chance of getting everyone killed. Neutral

Sneak as far away as possible while remaining within hearing distance and line of sight of the two groups (Toffee and her new friends; Cupcake and Chip). Ready the bazooka gun and aim at the ground a good meter in front of Toffee's group. I reckon this should keep myself and the structure reasonable safe while atleast maiming them. Also from this position it looks like Cupcake and Chip are far enough away to not be in the immediate blastzone. Wait and listen. I don't know who this suspicious group is but if they draw their arms on Cupcake and Chip they must obviously be the enemy. And since Toffee is hanging out with them that should mean that she turned traitor. While I absolutely do not like the situation, I realize that keeping Cupcake alive is my best bet for survival.

If my suspicions are correct and it looks like it the mysterious will attack my team: Shoot the ground 1 meter in front of them.
If they seem to be benign: Announce myself and walk towards them with the bullet rifle loaded, but pointed to ground as sign of cautiousness.

This will be interesting. Note that seeing as Cupcake/Chip/Dead girl are in a warehouse I'm assuming that they are well away from the door.
FillerB
FillerB
Player
Player

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterPorty Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:24 pm

You do know the photon gun has small bullets too, right?
PeterPorty
PeterPorty
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  FillerB Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:28 pm

What good will that do me? I shoot one of them, and the rest will turn around to rape my nice firm buttocks. Sure it might buy Chip/Cupcakes some time to get their guns out but by that time I'm probably already well and truly fucked. Also remember that I'm not great with guns. I doubt I could accurately aim and shoot most of them before they have the time to react.
FillerB
FillerB
Player
Player

Back to top Go down

Post  johnratchet3 Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:47 am

With a 5 you'd stop them all from firing, though Cole would simply be distracted or the like and still alive. And Peter... You still haven't told me whether they can see the corpses or not.

Stand ready to dive for cover (when/if the fighting breaks out), don't deny that we killed the group, and only draw my gun once behind cover (if I ever make it that far). Ensure my jacket is firmly and securely on to protect as much of my body as it can.

This will be a very interesting turn indeed.
johnratchet3
johnratchet3
Experienced Player
Experienced Player

Back to top Go down

Post  FillerB Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:12 pm

Toffee/Kanapka:
I look around, see the havoc there, notice Cupcake and Chip seem alarmed, and say "Everyone chill out, those are my friends, they helped me here. I'll tell you the whole story later, we're way behind the schedule, let's get to the helicopter and move out. Where's the rest of the team?" - I hope Cupcake won't do something stupid like attacking a madox who killed a team of pros when he has three rookies with him, and is not sure what one of them will do.
If Cole goes all preachy about how evil ARU is, I'll draw my gun, point it at Cupcake and say "I'm sorry, Seregant, but you need to hear this."
If Cupcake recognizes Cole and Phoenix team and a fight breaks out (I mean he can recognize them and estimate that he stands no chance against four of us), I'll shout "Spare that one" pointing at Chip, take cover and shoot Cupcake in the legs, trying to eliminate him from the fight but not to kill him.
Any case of shooting, I'll be shooting with my issued gun, not the onyx one.

It would be nice if Cole understood that I can be an inside chick for him, and Cupcake saw that we should clear out before a crazy madox kills us all (if he recognizes Cole). The ultimate goal could be convincing one or more teammates (hopefully including a pilot), going missing in action and getting back to Cole. Or if I'm suspected of being a traitor I could hear Cupcake's side of story - so far ARU told me that madox are evil and kill people (kindof true) and Cole told me that ARU is evil and kills madox (kinof true). I mean, I can take it if no choice presents a better outcome than the others, but I'd prefer a choice that won't lead to me dying ;p - I could try to kill Cupcake and the rest of the team now, but I don't think it makes sense.

FillerB/Arieus:
Sneak as far away as possible while remaining within hearing distance and line of sight of the two groups (Toffee and her new friends; Cupcake and Chip). Ready the bazooka gun and aim at the ground a good meter in front of Toffee's group. I reckon this should keep myself and the structure reasonable safe while atleast maiming them. Also from this position it looks like Cupcake and Chip are far enough away to not be in the immediate blastzone. Wait and listen. I don't know who this suspicious group is but if they draw their arms on Cupcake and Chip they must obviously be the enemy. And since Toffee is hanging out with them that should mean that she turned traitor. While I absolutely do not like the situation, I realize that keeping Cupcake alive is my best bet for survival.

If my suspicions are correct and it looks like it the mysterious will attack my team: Shoot the ground 1 meter in front of them.
If they seem to be benign: Announce myself and walk towards them with the bullet rifle loaded, but pointed to ground as sign of cautiousness.

johnratchet3/Chip:
Stand ready to dive for cover (when/if the fighting breaks out), don't deny that we killed the group, and only draw my gun once behind cover (if I ever make it that far). Ensure my jacket is firmly and securely on to protect as much of my body as it can.

Ruylon/Pig:
Minor action: Pig steps back to the other two. He runs a finger along the flat edge (not the blade) of one of the throwing knives before putting it in his jacket with the others.

Major action: "Yeah, well the team got split. We're all ya got. The way I see it we can either go ahead just the three of us, or link back up with the rest of the team. I'm just a body with some blades, you know the intended mission, so what's the better option?"

Regnar13/Falcon:
Tell the man that I am not cupcake and that cupcake went with the rest of our group to save a person from our team. Then ask him if we can still make it and if so how. During the entire thing pray that there is some way that we can survive.

FillerB
FillerB
Player
Player

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterPorty Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:18 pm

I'm sorry for that, John... They can indeed see them, but they don't seem to care... They were his only 3 grunts, but then again, he can get as many as he wants. ^_^

EDIT: Also, I'll roll tonight when I'm back from dinner... I'll try to do it then, but if I don't manage to finish, I'll roll after watching Inception.
EDIT: I lied, watched inception and wrote some rules for another forum, it's 2:24 am and I need to rest... School just started, but it's Sunday, so I'll roll tomorrow morning. ^_^
EDIT: Sorry for the double-post, but I can't even delete my own posts, so yeah... Sorry.

Last edited by PeterPorty on Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
PeterPorty
PeterPorty
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterPorty Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:37 pm

Toffee/Kanapka:
"Everyone chill out, those are my friends, they helped me here. I'll tell you the whole story later, we're way behind the schedule, let's get to the helicopter and move out. Where's the rest of the team?"
Cole: "Your team is probably trying to complete your mission or something, but that isn't really important..."
Cupcake: "So we meet again, Cole. You're living in this abandoned place now? You used to have a taste."
Cole: "Well, you did murder my 300 people team, and you did destroy my whole city last time; I wasn't going to risk losing that again."
Cupcake: "I also see you got new dogs... Kryla... Mike... Even Toffee... How sad; I thought that newbie had a lot of potential."
Cole: "I think it's enough chit-chat, Ryan, we should probably make a decision now: Do you want this tiny bitch of yours to live, or do you want all team to die?"
Cupcake: "You can't defeat me, and you know it."
Cole: "Indeed I can't but I can easily kill any of your rats."
Cupcake: "I'd like to see you try."
You take out your gun, but you're too afraid to shoot, no one else is moving, only Cupcake and Cole, and for some reason, you can't do anything.
(Sorry for this, but I would rather not kill you now, and no one else is moving this turn, so your gun is out and you're ready to do anything you want, but that'll be next turn.

FillerB/Arieus:
You hide pretty well, and aim your gun pointing near the "enemies", you are ready to shoot.
-hidden: won't be attacked without attacking yourself first.
-aiming: +1 to fight roll if you use the gun.

johnratchet3/Chip:
You make sure you can grab your gun quickly, and adopt a stance to be ready to both duck and run, making sure your jacket covers as much as your body as possible, and making sure it's tightly closed.
-dodge stance: +1 to roll if they shoot at you.

Falcon and Pig
"WHAT!? You're not Cupcake? Oh God; we're as good as dead then..."
"But come on, there must be a way we can get in" Pig replies.
"Of course there is, but I'm not going in there without Cupcakes... We could although deactivate the whole defense system in the meanwhile... Lets do something, I'll run past the guards, making the turrets shoot me and the soldiers follow me; you will have about one second to shoot all three turrets in the right spots and make them unable to attack you. We can then break in and do as much as we can while we wait for Cupcakes..."
"Alright!" Falcon says, and starts praying for your safety while Pig sets up his knives in a ready-to-use way, arranging them in different concealed quick-to-access places of his body.

Mission Team
Your guy runs with incredible speed, luring all the guards towards him, and making the turrets shoot at him; the turrets are pointing the opposite way now, and are open for a shot, but you're concerned about the agent; these guys had pretty powerful guns.

Rest
Cupcakes - 5
Cole - 8

Cupcakes grabs one of his guns; it's just like Toffee's gun, the one Cole gave her. He does some quick-fire and shoot towards Cole with onyx bullets that pierce through his body, spilling blood all over the floor. All this happens extremely fast, before Cole can even react. Cole then jumps towards Cupcakes and throws several onyx spears towards him, two of which hit him on the leg. "CRAP!" Cupcakes said. "That's what you get for trying to defend weaklings, if you hadn't done that, two of your people would be dead by now..." Said Cole, staring at Cupcakes.

Aerius

Status
- Hidden
- Aim
Skills
- General Flight (1)
- Flying vehicle [Small] Maneuvering (3)
- Flying vehicle [Big] Maneuvering (2)
- General Acrobatics (1)
- Swordplay (1)
Equipment
- Issued jacket
- Issued knife
- Issued watch
- Issued gun - 100% charge
- Onyx ceremonial sword
- Rifle - 2 bullets
Approval Ratings
- Cupcake 2

Chip

Status
- Dodge Stance
Skills
- General Flight (1)
- General technology (1)
- Helicopter technology (2)
- Interrogation (1)
- Torture (1)
Equipment
- Issued jacket
- Issued knife
- Issued watch
- Armour helicopter chip [SELF-MADE]
- Sharp piece of metal
Approval Ratings
- Cupcake -4

Falcon

Status
- None
Skills
- Long-range accuracy (1)
- Long-range lethality (1)
Equipment
- Issued jacket
- Issued knife
- Issued watch
Approval Ratings
- Cupcake -2

Pig

Status
- None
Skills
- Knife throwing accuracy (2)
- Knife lethality (2)
- Stealth (1)
Equipment
- Issued jacket
- Issued knife
- Issued watch
- Petite gun - 10 bullets
- Throwing knifes - 10
Approval Ratings
- Cupcake -2

Toffee

Status
- Serene (Won't make irrational actions)
Skills
- Interrogation (1)
- Logic (1)
- Analysis (2)
Equipment
- Issued knife
- Issued Jacket
- Fancy dress
- Handgun - Onyx bullets
Approval Ratings
- Cupcake 1
PeterPorty
PeterPorty
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Regnar13 Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:57 pm

Take the shots at the turrets, then wait for further orders from the agent.

Pig, can you call cupcake and tell him what is happening?
Regnar13
Regnar13
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  FillerB Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:02 pm

Set the gun to "small bolt"-mode and switch my aim to Cole's head. If I went with my original plan I would only take out the grunts and Toffee and from what I just saw it is obvious that they are not the problem. Take a shot at Cole as soon as I have a clear shot, then run like hell to a new hiding spot.
FillerB
FillerB
Player
Player

Back to top Go down

Post  johnratchet3 Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:17 pm

Yay! Cupcakes hates me the most! Very Happy

Open fire on Cole's grunts/sidekicks (small-bolt mode), with the intent of preventing them from attacking Cupcakes. This only includes Toffee if he shoots at Cupcakes.

Pity I can't put my own armour chip into my body XD I'd need it next turn...

EDIT: changed my action a bit to avoid accidental PVP. I expect someone to die or be grievously injured this turn pale

Last edited by johnratchet3 on Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:20 am; edited 1 time in total
johnratchet3
johnratchet3
Experienced Player
Experienced Player

Back to top Go down

Post  FoolishBalloon Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:41 am

Peter, PM me when people are dead (so I can get in)
FoolishBalloon
FoolishBalloon
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

http://www.spelochfiske.se

Back to top Go down

Post  Rulyon Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:27 pm

Minor Action: Attempt to call Cupcakes and inform him of our situation.

Major Action: Attempt to get within throwing range of the guards and take out those I can with my throwing knives. If I run out of knives or cannot get within throwing range, resort to my issued pistol.
Rulyon
Rulyon
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterPorty Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:28 pm

So... You are two people, there are three turrets, you have 1 second to disable all three of them, and you're relying on one guy alone? I mean.. If he tries that out and fails (1-3) you'll be pretty much dead... The guards don't even know you guys are there, they're following the other guy... (Yes, security sucks there, ok?)
PeterPorty
PeterPorty
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Regnar13 Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:05 pm

Pig, we should take the help we get from peter, I think you should go for the shot also.
Regnar13
Regnar13
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterPorty Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:33 pm

I mean... If you got a 10; you'd probably be able to make the turrets shoot your enemies... Then again, 1/10 chance isn't that good... Anyways, sleep well people, I'm going to bed.
PeterPorty
PeterPorty
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanapka Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:19 am

Take cover somewhere near Cole. I the fight breaks out, shoot at people who are shooting at me or at Cole. If Cole says to run I run, if he runs I run.

Kanapka
Player
Player

Back to top Go down

Post  johnratchet3 Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:25 am

The actions as of now, in order of post. You may want to mess with the order a bit Pete, just to fit the actions to the events smoothly. I edited mine b4 this post, just to add a "safety clause".
Spoiler:

Last edited by johnratchet3 on Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:15 am; edited 1 time in total
johnratchet3
johnratchet3
Experienced Player
Experienced Player

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterPorty Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:31 pm

Ok, I'll roll to-morrow-night. ^_^
PeterPorty
PeterPorty
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Rulyon Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:19 am

So the turrents are automated, not operated by a guard? Because the intention of my action was to kill them before they could get a good shot on our decoy. Amend my action to:

Major Action: Shoot the turrents with my issued gun in an attempt to render them inoperable.

Minor Action: Attempt to contact cupcake and inform him of our current situation.

Edit: Thanks John.

Last edited by Rulyon on Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Rulyon
Rulyon
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  johnratchet3 Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:14 am

Sure thing, editing the actions list now. Very Happy
johnratchet3
johnratchet3
Experienced Player
Experienced Player

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterPorty Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:38 pm

Regnar13: 2- You take your small gun and point at the turrets; you pull the trigger just as you remember your girlfriend was expecting you for dinner, and you shoot your foot instead. One of the turrets captures the noise and turns towards you, readying to shoot.
Bleeding leg: -5 to running and moving in fights, may fail movement actions.

FillerB: 9- You shoot at Cole with major precision, hitting right on his neck, rendering him unable to move for at least 2 seconds; enough for Cupcake to grab his arm and throw him to the floor. As soon as you notice your shot was successful, you run to a new hiding spot.

johnratchet3: 1- You start shooting at random people, trying to help out. Sadly, you miss every single shot, and you receive three out of the seven shots they sent. You're in the floor bleeding out, you're in the middle of a battlefield with 3 enemies and only 1 ally.
Bleeding out: dead next turn unless you're successful at healing. (3+)

Rulyon: 8- You manage to smoothly take out your gun and destroy the turret about to shoot you; you then quick-fire the second one down. You didn't shoot the third just because it wasn't attacking you right now.

You then call Cupcake to announce that you are about to enter the facility; you only hear "CUT THE COMMUNICATIONS, ASSHOLE!" and a couple of shooting sounds. you decide to cut the communications right away.

Kanapka: 2- You notice how Aerius shot Cole. You know he'll be alright, so you decide to chase your ex-teammate down. You run towards him, and when you're about to catch him; you trip and fall over. If he decides yo shoot; you're pretty much dead now.

Cupcake: 8- He takes his only chance to win this fight: Aerius' shot, and he grabs Cole by the arm throwing him straight to the floor. He then steps on him and puts a gun on her forehead and the knife on his neck. His minions instantly stop shooting and none of you know what will happen.

Cole: 4- He is taken down, but he has a smirk on his face; something happened... You don't know what, but something.

Spoiler:
PeterPorty
PeterPorty
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  johnratchet3 Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:39 pm

I've been trolled hard Sad

Heal myself. If that works, shoot Cole, and accompany Aerius or Cupcakes escaping this death trap.

I suppose more bullets could have hit (thanks to "dodging"), but this "bullet-proof" jacket is pathetic XD Gonna die from this exploding city even if I do heal myself by the looks of things Sad

EDIT: You didn't mention or forgot a +1 if I was shot at?
johnratchet3
johnratchet3
Experienced Player
Experienced Player

Back to top Go down

Post  FillerB Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:42 am

Run over to Toffee, bonk her on the head with the flat side of my sword and throw her unconscious body over my shoulder. Scramble like fuck to the nearest exit.

Last edited by FillerB on Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:46 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : blargh rewording)
FillerB
FillerB
Player
Player

Back to top Go down

Post  Rulyon Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:52 am

You said third thereby wasn't about to shoot "you". Singular me specifically or plural all of us? I'm basically trying to figure out if I need to target the third turrent before it shoots Falcon.

Last edited by Rulyon on Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:25 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fail iPhone autocorrect.)
Rulyon
Rulyon
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next