Novalia Roll 2 Dodge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Onyx Assassin: Moonlight and Blood

+6
johnratchet3
FillerB
Rulyon
Regnar13
Kanapka
PeterPorty
10 posters

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

The Onyx Assassin: Moonlight and Blood - Page 4 Empty Re: The Onyx Assassin: Moonlight and Blood

Post  Kanapka Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:48 pm

If the GPS Thingies send some kind of signal, they can be triangulated. John/Chip can manipulate small electronic devices, so maybe he'll be able to convert one or two GPS to recieve the signal instead of sending and triagulate me or find me using the strength of the signal. Though it may result in breaking one of those thingies.

Kanapka
Player
Player

Back to top Go down

The Onyx Assassin: Moonlight and Blood - Page 4 Empty Re: The Onyx Assassin: Moonlight and Blood

Post  FillerB Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:52 pm

Thats the thing. We )will atleast) know we can receive our GPS location through our watches, but we have no way of knowing that the watch also sends a signal. Unless of course the watch also has a map function with dots marking everyones location. But I doubt it will be that simple.
FillerB
FillerB
Player
Player

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanapka Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:13 pm

You're right, I misunderstood your previous post.

Kanapka
Player
Player

Back to top Go down

Post  Rulyon Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:42 pm

My Edited Post:

As the closest to the hatch when they land, "Pig" unholsters his issued pistol, turns the safety off, and hops out. He scans the area for a moment or two before stepping away from the chopper to let the others off with his gun down but still held in a two-handed grip. Unaware of the GPS function of the watch, and since he was inside the chopper with no way of knowing which way they may have turned, he gets his bearings the most reliable way currently possible.

"Hey, Chip! Which way did Toffee fall?"

After the situation is sorted out and we determine that the chopper is going to be used to recon the area if possible, Pig sets out to police the area and make sure we can in fact repair the chopper unmolested.

Major: Scout the immediate area as stealthily as possible, keeping an eye out for signs of Toffee or potential adversaries. If the area is clear, I'll continue in the direction indicated until I receive word that the helicopter is ready for flight once more. If I find anybody, I'll attempt to remain hidden and gather information about them such as count, appearance, demeanor, armed/unarmed status, overheard conversation, and so forth, before returning to the group to report my findings. I'll make every effort to avoid combat and return unnoticed by potential enemies.

Minor: Ask Chip which way to go to locate Toffee.
Rulyon
Rulyon
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterPorty Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:05 pm

It's 2070... Anyways, the watch sends a private signal with an unknown frequency towards the ARU headquarters, which sends you back the signal of where you are through a map. You can there view the Headquarters and locate your direction, trace the route and with the time it took to land and the average speed of the chopper (both things Chip can probably find out) you can have a rough estimation of where Toffee fell. (Fucking GM helping people >.<) Anyways, I'll roll later today, sorry to have you waiting, but I've been with a lot of stuff to do lately... If some sexy person could compile a list with edited actions, I'd love them a lot.
PeterPorty
PeterPorty
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  FillerB Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:35 pm

Oh don't be like that Pete. Keep us feeling around in the dark about how these things work. No need to give us all this information.
FillerB
FillerB
Player
Player

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanapka Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:44 pm

Actions:
Spoiler:
On second thoughts I don't think we got blinded with the cool GPS stuff: it's not like I ran away in an unknown direction, I fell of a helicopter over some sort of a city or ruins and the heli after that slowed down and descended - they did not make any turns and probably didn't fly that far away. I think they could estimate my position by checking which direction the heli is facing and walking the opposite way. I may have been pushed sideways by wind and I was transported into unknown location, but they can't do anything about it [/rant]

Kanapka
Player
Player

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterPorty Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:06 pm

Toffee:
You curse about helicopter constructors, and make a mental note about saying that to Chip. You attempt to remember where you landed, you know it was high, but you're not completely sure about anything; all your memories are blurry, but you remember buildings and shouting, so you assume it's either the ruins of some city or just an abandoned one. You look around and don't see your things, you're inside a luxurious room, and everything seems pretty expensive. You see there is a note on the desk that says "There are some clothes in the closet, please come out when you're ready". You feel quite unsure about it, but you finally open the closet and find some clothes; you pick a beautiful dress, something you could have never dreamed about buying before, and it fits quite perfectly on you. You still think this is pretty weird, so you try to listen the conversation outside; you recognize at least one female's voice and two males.
You open the door, and when you come out, the same man that saved you salutes you. "Hey, sleepy; your clothes are drying, they were a little dirty. Come have a drink, will you want some rum?" "Sure" you replied, "Also, thanks a lot for saving me, I thought I would have to attempt to jump from there... By the way, how on earth did you manage to rescue me? It was pretty high, and I don't quite remember..." "Well -he said- I'm a Marox, so I have superhuman strength; I just jumped there and cut the parachute with my affinity." After a small pause, e continues: "These are Mike and Kryla; I am Cole and this is my mansion; pleased to meet you". He serves you some rum with ice, and you drink it; it's top quality, and you enjoy every drop of it.
"So, any idea where my equipment is?" You ask; "Yeah, here you go." He hands you your gun and knife. You talk for about an hour and a half, meeting them, asking them about their lives and all; they talk to you about their childhood and parents and what they like and don't; after a few glasses of rum you're pretty good friends, although Cole doesn't seem to have any effect from the alcohol. They tell you you're on Karusawa, a desert city, and only ten people live in it.

Falcon:
You attempt to wake up Cupcake, but it's pretty damn hard; he's like a bear hibernating. Therefore, you decide to teach your team how to use the watch; you also discover how to use the rest of the buttons.. Kind of; you show them how to use the GPS function, and how to make the voltage cylinder appear, you also explain about the shuriken-ring, and you find out that pressing a different button makes the shurkien's position show a red spot on the GPS map. You tell them about the needle and how it contained deadly poison too, and about the other two buttons, one gives you a shiver down your spine, and doesn't seem to do much more, and after pressing the other you hear AI0867's voice: "Codename-" "F-Falcon" you reply surprised; "Accessing ARU database... Yes, how may I help you, Agent Falcon?" "Nothing, thanks... I was just trying out the gear." You look around the buildings really near to you, but you don't find much, you do find one that has a pretty decent house, to be abandoned, so you take Cupcake and the rest of your group there. After waiting a while, Cupcake wakes up, "Ahhh, a good sleep time is great... Good morning There- WHAT THE!? Oh, right... Mission... Where the hell am I?" "We found this place, we decided to use it until you had awaken... Any idea where we are right now?" "Ugh... Let me check" He opens the GPS and contacts HQ, "Cupcake - Position, distance from target, time elapsed." Short pause, "Alright, it's been almost 6 hours since we left, and we're close to the target... We can get there by tomorrow mid-day if we start walking right now, lets go!" "Ummm... Sir, Toffee is missing." "Oh crap."

Pig:
You scout the area for hours, nothing of interest, to be honest; you do although find out that you're on one edge of the city, since you manage to see vegetation near. Other than that, you don't see much, but you are attacked by a bear; you quickly react with your knife and kill him in one hit, just before he hits you with his paw. You decide it'd be a good idea to take the meat for food, and you cook it with your knife, taking it back to everyone else.
When you're back you ask Chip whether he knows which way Toffee is, and he's not sure, but Cupcakes indicates that she must be south of your current position.

Chip:
There's nothing inside the helicopter, since it's just aa transport vehicle, as far as you know. You do although find out that the fuel tank was damaged, and the fuel levels aren't enough to make the helicopter start, and you can't do much to fix it. You take one of the shattered pieces and fiddle a bit with it, creating a really small knife.
You then head towards this place Falcon found, and chat a bit with everyone, getting up-to-date information.

Arieus:
You ask Chip what on earth is going on, and he explains the situation; it does seem a little blurry, but after listening to him, you notice you do remember a bit of this.
You ask everyone about the equipment, and find out about all the different functions of the watch, knife and jacket; the gun is still a mystery, and Cupcakes doesn't seem like he wants to tell you. You think about using the GPS system to locate Toffee, but then again, the Sargent already beat you to that.
You follow Chip to the helicopter, but you can't help with much, since you have no idea how those things work, you just know how to use them; not like you could have done much without fuel and no tools anyways. You see Chip making a knife, but you think it's stupid to have a sharp piece of metal when you have a plasma knife. You spend the next hour shooting at buildings; your first ten shots are extremely powerful, more than you could have ever imagined, but then you notice you can't shoot anymore, and when pressing a red flashing button, you can now shoot extremely small photon bolts.

Spoiler:
-Group-
You have to decide what to do; completing the ARU mission is pretty important, and not completing your first mission wouldn't be exactly good for your career; specially for who's fault is... Again, you're not forced to do anything, you don't even need to vote, since everyone can do as they please-

-Toffee-
You chat with these people for quite a while, you're actually leading the conversation, but you notice Cole is reading you, and he seems to be doing a pretty good damn job at it.

Time until next event: 4 hours.

Last edited by PeterPorty on Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
PeterPorty
PeterPorty
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  ShadoWKilleR Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:01 am

Oh man, he fell STRAIGHT into a Marox "base", I can already see how this will develop.
The future wrote:*everyone goes in the door with weapons drawn* "Oh hey guys!" *elemental bolts and bullets fly around*
This seems like a pretty good chance to show the ARU are the "Evil In Disguise" trope Very Happy
ShadoWKilleR
ShadoWKilleR
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  FillerB Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:14 am

Try to convince the group to split into two. One team goes looking for Toffee, the other goes on to continue the mission. I propose the teams to be split up as followed:

Team Toffee: Aerius (me) and Chip. Since according to Pig's report the surrounding is relatively danger-free we should both capable of surviving on our own. Besides looking for Toffee we also search for fuel and tools/parts (with Falcon describing the parts/tools I need to search for) we need to repair the helicopter. We are most likely going to need transportation out of here anyway and calling HQ for support is not going to look good on your record.

Team Mission: Cupcakes, Falcon and Pig. They all have more experience with fighting so it is only natural to send them out in the unknown.

If this splitting up plan falls on deaf ears grudgingly go along to the destination point, while making the occasional remark like "what happened to leaving no man behind?"
FillerB
FillerB
Player
Player

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanapka Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:48 pm

Basically the idea is to lie my way out of here and go to New York, I don't really want to fight ten guys and a superhuman I know nothing about. I'll expect the guys to look for me, possibly using the helicopter (I don't know it's damaged), but as I'll hear no heli I'll be mad at them (and Cupcake, I think he's the one to make them follow the mission) for leaving me.
I'll try to defend against Cole reading me by acting - my analisis skill could help me with that. In the meantime I'll say
"Damn, night's about to fall, and I was supposed to be in [insert city name] some hours ago. It's nice to meet you and thanks for your help, but I think I need to hit the road, I don't have my phone to get my fellas to come for me and my heli is probably a heap of metal scrapes now. Can you tell me what direction [city] is, and, um, can you gve me some tips on how not to get lost? Or maybe I can borrow a vehicle? Yeah, I've had some drinks, but it's the middle of nowhere and I have drug dealers to bust. Oh, and I'll drop by when I'm done there, this Madox stuff is really cool. By the way, did you see my jacket and watch?" (edited) (I hope I have some cash on me or can promise them to pay). I'll try to look cute and harmless.
If they believe me and I convince them to let me go I'll try to get to NY (should still be in the desert in four hours). If they suspect I'm lying and accuse me of being from ARU I'll attack Cole - I've seen Falcon tranqualize/poison Arieus with the watch, so I'll try to do this to Cole if I have my watch, and I'll shoot him a couple of times, see if there's an easily available vehicle and run. If I find a vehicle but I'm unable to operate I'll try to damage it.

Last edited by Kanapka on Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

Kanapka
Player
Player

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterPorty Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:56 pm

Ugh... I'm so itching to tell you guys like... "NO! DON'T DO THAT! HE'S STRONG!" But I'm not going to do it... Oh wait... >.< Note that he gave you back your gun and knife, your jacket is probably dry by now, but he didn't give you the watch, and you haven't asked for it... Also note that... he kinda knows you're from the ARU... I mean... ARU jackets and weapons, the ARU watch... And he's kind of... yeah. Also, when I said he was reading you and that he was doing a pretty good job at it, I'm hinting that he is much better at it than you, as in... MUCH better, so watch out... BTW, the watch only has one needle, my bad for not telling you guys.
PeterPorty
PeterPorty
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  ShadoWKilleR Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:12 pm

I don't see how could the watch have more than 1 needle with all those stuff, a shuriken and the prodder thingy, as those things take a lot of space.
ShadoWKilleR
ShadoWKilleR
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterPorty Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:15 pm

It's a pretty big watch, not a slim one, advanced troops get better watches... Ok, enogh spoilers, time for action! Razz
PeterPorty
PeterPorty
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  ShadoWKilleR Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:48 pm

Yes, but the watch is still supposed to be a little bit passable as normal, it's not like it's 5 inches tall right?

@the guy who plays Toffee: You should consider asking why they haven't killed you, it could create some interesting results.
ShadoWKilleR
ShadoWKilleR
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterPorty Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:05 pm

People use a lot of big watches in that time, most watches have map functions and calendars, some even have cellphone integration. But no, it's not five inches tall. >.<
PeterPorty
PeterPorty
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanapka Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:38 pm

From the fact that on the first roll we were asking what ARU and Madox are, I assumed that's not common knowledge, and I don't think that my jacket has 'Maddox Killer Pro' written on its back. I also asuumed that ARU has done a decent job in killing off Madox, so they are not organized and mostly live separately and alone. I hoped that even if they suspect me of something, they won't identify me as an ARU member - he can 'read' that I don't like him and are afraid of him and I'm lying about the DEA thing, but I don't expect he can 'read' I'm a member of an organization he doesn't know about.

I know that he's too strong for me to face alone, but Toffee can expect that superpowers on not, three bullets in his head make it somewhat difficult to attack her.If he knows I'm ARU and didn't kill me yet, he probably has a reason and will tell me about it, if he's kept me alive for fun I'm dead chick walking anyway.

I'm editing my action to try to get my watch and jacket, but I think it should stay more or less the same: try to get my stuff, try to run, fight if they try to hurt me.

Kanapka
Player
Player

Back to top Go down

Post  ShadoWKilleR Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:59 pm

PeterPorty wrote:People use a lot of big watches in that time, most watches have map functions and calendars, some even have cellphone integration. But no, it's not five inches tall. >.<
That was kinda my point that it's NOT 5 inches tall, the current physically large things in it are the printed circuits, the shuriken thingy and associated mechanics, the prod and associated mechanics and the needle with it's associated launching mechanics. Nothing more could fit in there without making the watch absurdly large.
ShadoWKilleR
ShadoWKilleR
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterPorty Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:12 pm

Well... His name is Cole, and he cut your parachute with Onyx arrows... Remember what happened to the whole Phoenix team? Yeah. He knows you're form the ARU. (you probably can't hide anything form him, I mean... you're drunk and he isn't, plus he's an expert analyser.) Anyways, do as you please. If he hasn't killed you, there must be a reason for it... If the topic hasn't yet come up on the conversation it's because you haven't brought it up, as I said, you're leading the conversation.
PeterPorty
PeterPorty
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  FillerB Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:16 pm

ShadoWKilleR wrote:
PeterPorty wrote:People use a lot of big watches in that time, most watches have map functions and calendars, some even have cellphone integration. But no, it's not five inches tall. >.<
That was kinda my point that it's NOT 5 inches tall, the current physically large things in it are the printed circuits, the shuriken thingy and associated mechanics, the prod and associated mechanics and the needle with it's associated launching mechanics. Nothing more could fit in there without making the watch absurdly large.

As a brilliant show once used as it's theme
If you're wondering how he eats and breathes / And other science facts / (lalala) / Then repeat to yourself 'It's just a show, / I should really just relax.
FillerB
FillerB
Player
Player

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterPorty Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:06 pm

Mystery Science Theatre! (Never seen it. >.<)
PeterPorty
PeterPorty
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Regnar13 Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:20 pm

Along the ideas of spliting up, i think it could actually work, i will go with it.

Tell everyone that I am willing to go either way, as long as Toffee is saved, I will go whichever way I am wanted/ needed. Create a plan for whatever it is i am chosen to do.

Last edited by Regnar13 on Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Regnar13
Regnar13
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterPorty Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:25 pm

He said he has no idea about what the mission is about, also, walking towards the mission place would take almost a whole day...
PeterPorty
PeterPorty
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  ShadoWKilleR Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:32 pm

in my view there are these 3 options:

If there is no time limit on the mission (the target leaving the place or the info becoming useless), then go to rescue your friend.
If there is a time limit and you value a comrades life more than completing the mission, the save him.
If there is a time limit and you'd rather finish the mission FOR THE EMPRAH (and for MONEH) then do just that.
ShadoWKilleR
ShadoWKilleR
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterPorty Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:58 pm

Gotta love making people choose... Specially when none of the options are good. ^_^
PeterPorty
PeterPorty
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next