Novalia Roll 2 Dodge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Onyx Assassin: Moonlight and Blood

+6
johnratchet3
FillerB
Rulyon
Regnar13
Kanapka
PeterPorty
10 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

The Onyx Assassin: Moonlight and Blood Empty The Onyx Assassin: Moonlight and Blood

Post  PeterPorty Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:32 pm

Refer to this link for brief background information; I don't want to spoil it too much, and information being one of the most important things in the game, I won't make it so easy.

So I'll just wait for 4 people to join, and then we are ready to go. The idea of this is to make it a fast game, to be honest, and since everything you do will be a success (how good/bad it is depends on your own creativity), I'd rather have you post several actions right away, (except on combat, where you only get to post one, but it can be really complex, or really simple depending on how you want to play.)

This will probably cause it to have a more story-like feeling rather than an R2D; hope you're ok with that.

Also, if you people manage to post more than once a day, it'd be awesome, I know some have different timezones, so it is not a requirement, but I think this would be much, much better if we managed to give it a faster pace. (I do check the forums several times a day.)

That being said, we're only missing the players, I'll start as soon as we get 4, or tomorrow, if we have more than two players at the time.

Playing:

Kanapka
Regnar13
Rulyon
FillerB
johnratchet

Waiting:

Chatix
FoolishBalloon
ShadoWKilleR
Rendarg
PureCraft

Last edited by PeterPorty on Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:49 pm; edited 4 times in total
PeterPorty
PeterPorty
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

The Onyx Assassin: Moonlight and Blood Empty Re: The Onyx Assassin: Moonlight and Blood

Post  Kanapka Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:37 pm

Signing up.
Do we do some character creation or wait untill more background/story/set-up is revealed and post actions?

Kanapka
Player
Player

Back to top Go down

The Onyx Assassin: Moonlight and Blood Empty Re: The Onyx Assassin: Moonlight and Blood

Post  Regnar13 Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:55 pm

sign me up
Regnar13
Regnar13
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterPorty Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:39 pm

Kanapka wrote:Signing up.
Do we do some character creation or wait untill more background/story/set-up is revealed and post actions?

You could start posting name and sex, but you probably won't be using any of those, since sex discrimination isn't an issue at the time, and you will most probably use your codenames during the game. (But still give both, just in case you go through another path.)

Everything else will be created during the game, you're young people without anything special, other than extreme potential.
PeterPorty
PeterPorty
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterPorty Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:49 am

Sad

People didn't like my R2D. Oh well, if we don't get more players, we'll just start, hoping some of them get interested on it.
PeterPorty
PeterPorty
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Rulyon Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:59 am

I'm in. Daniyel Rolstad is the character's name. Are code names picked by us or assigned in the story?
Rulyon
Rulyon
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  FillerB Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:27 am

Count me in Pete. The backstory sounds positively cheesy and I'm always up for some backstabbing.

Now to find out how this whole game-thing actually works. You'll get a character name as soon as I've thought of one.
FillerB
FillerB
Player
Player

Back to top Go down

Post  johnratchet3 Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:25 am

Would love to sign up if there's still room. What sort of info do you need from us? I think I'll be able to post an action every day if that's an acceptable pace (also, I'm in Aus, probably a different timezone to the rest of you Sad ) If I can play, my regular forum name will be fine. Shorten it how you like if you like.

On a side note, I've been lurking dragon champ's wesnoth R2D ever since it was 20 pages, just didn't feel like joining in at the time. Wish I hopped in then before it was popular, so I'm signing up here now based on the same regret there Very Happy
johnratchet3
johnratchet3
Experienced Player
Experienced Player

Back to top Go down

Post  Chatix Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:47 pm

Count me in!
Put me on the waiting list if I'm to late Razz
Chatix
Chatix
New Player
New Player

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanapka Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:54 pm

I'd like to be Anna Tichy.

Kanapka
Player
Player

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterPorty Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:02 pm

Alright, we have 5 people, that's cool; we'll just have 5 recruits this year. ^_^

Chatix, you are too late, but since we're 5 and the regular number for these games is 6, I'll find a way to include you into the game soon.

The codenames are assigned by your superior, whom you will meet in the next roll, although if he likes you, he might be good while picking you codenames... Just try not to get on his nerve. This first roll will be pretty slow, since you will just be selecting paths, but remember, you can do infinite actions as long as you can fit them in the time, although only one during battle. (On each post I'll tell you how much time you have until the next set of actions/story happens.)

I hope you read the link! ^_^

You five are complete new-comers to this place; all of you are confused and none of you are sure what they're doing here, but each of you notices the other four are as lost as yourself, and you systematically get together, seeking protection form this strange and new place. After you all calm down and talk to each other for some minutes, an old man with white hair walks to you, with a smile across his face: "Welcome, youth. Please follow me, everything will be explained soon." you all look to each other, as to seek approval, even though you had never seen any of them, but since they were in the same situation as yourself, you trusted them.

You all follow the man, who leads you through the facility to a huge decorated wooden door. "We're here" he said opening the door slowly, revealing 3 people inside the room. An interesting man behind a desk; he was in his fourties, with a scar starting on his chin and going all the way down through his neck, hiding behind his jacket. There was also a muscular man standing next to him, who seemed to scan all of you as soon as you crossed the entrance, looking at everyone, everything, analysing your capabilities and potential. "Welcome to General Takato's office, current leader of the ARU field operations group." Said a soft voice, coming form the third person in the room. She looked young, probably younger than all of you, but it was hard to tell with the modern cosmetics.

Before you could reply, the man behind the desk opens his mouth. His look made you all respect him the second you came into his office, for some strange reason, he seemed like a good man. "You are all here for a reason..." He said with a deep voice that reached deep into your flesh, reaching your bones, your nerves, all your senses were sparking with the sole voice of this unknown man. "You five will be forming the new team of field agents for the ARU special operations group."

The muscular man stayed silent, observing all of you, while the girl was smiling without really caring about anything going on. "The pay is good, even for recruits, and the missions aren't as hard as the higher-rank officers." Immediately, Daniyel popped on and said; "how much are we talking about here? I have a pretty good job right now." "Twenty Haos as a base pay" said the girl. All your eyes shined with a sparkling feeling, and your faces were full of amusement; it was multiple times more than a regular wage.

"So? What do you say, young ones?" Said the General finally.

Hint: Now would be a good time to ask questions, for example, "WTF is the ARU!?" Also, whoever doesn't answer question at all will join the ARU by default. You could in theory get a better payment, but considering you're recruits and he's a General with in incredible charisma, it probably wouldn't be a good idea just yet, but remember that your success or failure is mostly based on the situation and the wording you chose when doing your actions.
PeterPorty
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Chatix Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:20 pm

So, I'm included?
You FIVE ....

Well, my name is Alexis Flame
Chatix
Chatix
New Player
New Player

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterPorty Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:23 pm

No, not yet, but you will soon enough... I mean, you're in the waiting list, but you don't have to wait for someone to die to go in, I'll tell you soon enough. ^_^
PeterPorty
PeterPorty
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  FoolishBalloon Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:34 pm

would like to join, but i am already in or on the waiting list on too many to be able to play good at em all :/
FoolishBalloon
FoolishBalloon
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

http://www.spelochfiske.se

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterPorty Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:39 pm

I'll add you to the waiting list, once your time comes, I'll ask you if you want to join, if not, I'll just add someone else.
PeterPorty
PeterPorty
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Chatix Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:42 pm

Thanks Peter (:
Or whatever I should call you.
Chatix
Chatix
New Player
New Player

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterPorty Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:57 pm

I commonly go by Master or Honey, but Pete is ok too.
PeterPorty
PeterPorty
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Regnar13 Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:06 pm

Ask what it is exactly that were doing, and examine the room for possible items to use to escape if proven neccesary.

Oh and my name is Nick Hill

Last edited by Regnar13 on Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:11 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)
Regnar13
Regnar13
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  FillerB Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:30 pm

Ask to be seated and inquire about the nature of the job, wondering what kind of "safe" job could possible pay so well.

Since we'll be using codenames anyway my name will be overly silly: Montgomery "Mont" Witjes-Blanca.
FillerB
FillerB
Player
Player

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterPorty Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:42 pm

Ummm.... I'll answer this as an OOC thing, since you need to give an answer right now as to whether you're joining the ARU or not... so yeah, you'll be given military tasks, including defending things, assassinations, gathering information and stuff... =D Consider the ARU as a secret, powerful and unofficial police that is supposed to protect the people. (The individual questions will be answered in more depth on the roll, but I need you to answer; if you don't, you'll join by default.)
PeterPorty
PeterPorty
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Rulyon Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:08 pm

I have to say, the whole organization feels like we should be wearing black suits and Ray-Bans. >.> We're "them"...we're "they"... The folks people talk about in hushed whispers.

Back on topic.

express interest in joining if the answers are favorable. Inquire about the ARU and the expectations.

Daniyel steps forward, careful to let his body language convey polite, business-like inquiry rather than challenge.

"I'm intrigued, but that's a curious pay rate for starting out. What exactly IS the ARU? What will you be training us to do if we choose to join? I presume a certain amount of your quote involves danger pay. If that's the case, why were WE selected?"

Last edited by Rulyon on Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Rulyon
Rulyon
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterPorty Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:37 pm

Waiting on Kanapka and John.
PeterPorty
PeterPorty
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanapka Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:52 pm

Seems like we've got the important stuff (info and evac) covered, so I'll say that I want to join and observe the people on the room to get some information on them in case we'll be meeting them a lot during work. And I'll smile, that never hurts.

Kanapka
Player
Player

Back to top Go down

Post  Regnar13 Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:39 pm

I will join

Last edited by Regnar13 on Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Regnar13
Regnar13
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterPorty Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:57 pm

You kinda... are already playing...
PeterPorty
PeterPorty
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next