Novalia Roll 2 Dodge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Onyx Assassin: Moonlight and Blood

+6
johnratchet3
FillerB
Rulyon
Regnar13
Kanapka
PeterPorty
10 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

The Onyx Assassin: Moonlight and Blood - Page 3 Empty Re: The Onyx Assassin: Moonlight and Blood

Post  PeterPorty Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:55 am

Hey, be thankful you were with a veteran; you'd be dead by now otherwise. Also, you don't get to chose an action; sorry... but unconscious people kinda... don't decide stuff. Razz But don't worry, you'll be able to take revenge soon.
PeterPorty
PeterPorty
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

The Onyx Assassin: Moonlight and Blood - Page 3 Empty Re: The Onyx Assassin: Moonlight and Blood

Post  johnratchet3 Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:34 am

johnratchet3 wrote:...but I might learn the above anyway. If one of us dies, we could use a way back after all..

Yeaaaah, amazing skills of prediction, even if filler's just fast asleep Very Happy

Get in the pilot's seat and save our collective asses, by making a safe, controlled landing.

I'll try it since I, thankfully, know how to fly this death trap. I am allowed to land the thing so we have time for Filler to wake up, right?
johnratchet3
johnratchet3
Experienced Player
Experienced Player

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterPorty Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:46 am

You're allowed to try to do whatever you want, although how good it comes out depends on the situation and your action itself.
PeterPorty
PeterPorty
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  johnratchet3 Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:36 am

Great, thanks Very Happy just taking the opportunity to land (I hope) not only for our safety, but so I can stick the mod chip on. I somehow doubt we'll be getting back in the chopper after the mission completely unnoticed. Also gives a few moments for everyone to get their act together. And bandage themselves (lol).
johnratchet3
johnratchet3
Experienced Player
Experienced Player

Back to top Go down

Post  Chatix Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:59 am

Pete,
You can take me off the waiting list,
as I am FAR to busy with RL as exams are coming up after the holiday.

Thanks, and sorry I couldn't D:
Chatix
Chatix
New Player
New Player

Back to top Go down

Post  Rulyon Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:35 am

I notice Filler and I both had bad results... Bad rolls for both of us or just having a little fun with us since we're from the other forum, too? ;-)

BOTH turns have been problematic for Daniyel. How do you fail at putting on Neosporin and a BaindAid? Hopefully things look up. >.<

Hold the unused medkit from his own jacket out for Cupcake, it'll be faster for someone who knows what they're looking for to take the appropriate item than it would be to describe it to someone else. "Is there an antidote available? Tell me what to do to help you."
Rulyon
Rulyon
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanapka Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:29 am

Wikipedia says that helicopter flight speed record is about 400 km/s, assuming that in 2070 helicopter fly twice as fast, we shouldn't be more than 15 km from our destination - we won't make it in time on foot, but seems walkable. Also it was mentioned we were to fly over a desert, so there should be some kind of land below us, as in we're not 15 km out to the sea.

Look for a parachute, if I find one start putting it on (if I have the time). If we have parachutes on and it's safe to open the door (the helicopter is not spinning), open the door and get ready to jump. If any of these counts as two actions, I perform the first one.

Kanapka
Player
Player

Back to top Go down

Post  Regnar13 Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:59 am

This turn made me feel like a jerk >.< I nearly killed Aerius, AND I completely ignored pig Sad

Apologize to Aerius (if he is awake, or when he wakes up if he does this turn), then apologize to Pig for ignoring him. Then search for a parachute if I still have time.
Regnar13
Regnar13
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  johnratchet3 Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:18 am

Here're the actions;
Spoiler:

Assuming I fail, nice knowing you all Very Happy
johnratchet3
johnratchet3
Experienced Player
Experienced Player

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterPorty Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:53 pm

Pig: level 2 accuracy when throwing knives, level 2 lethality when using knives, level 1 stealth, petite gun, burned, easily distracted, -2 Cupcake's aproval.

How can you call that bad? The first time you didn't complete all you asked because it was too much for 2 hours. Right now you discovered how the knife works, and learned about the med kits in the jacket through another person's discovery. I really don't know why you're complaining.

Also, about the roll; I'm sorry to have you waiting, I'll roll later today, I installed WindowsXP DarkEdition and I need to restore the master boot loader to get into Ubuntu, because my grub2 died. So yeah, busy day.
PeterPorty
PeterPorty
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Rulyon Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:16 pm

I didn't mean to complain, merely observe that he's both cut and burned himself. He seems kinda clumsy. I look forward to seeing what sort of troubles he gets himself into with that, considering he's the "stealth, sneak around, spy" guy.
Rulyon
Rulyon
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterPorty Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:55 pm

Pig: You hand the medkit off to Cupcake, and he takes a pen from it; he quickly stabs Aerius in the neck and lets him bleed for about ten seconds, then he presses a button on the pen that automatically seals the wound, leaving no marks. "Alright, he shall wake up in a few seconds... Ugh... just.." And he falls asleep.

Toffee: You quickly put on the parachute next to you, and open the helicopter's door. You position yourself to jump, but you slip and fall; you manage to open the parachute, but you see how the helicopter flies away.

Chip: You manage to stabilize the helicopter, and plan to go ahead, but you hear Falcon shout "Toffee fell!", so you try to land on the nearest available place.

Aerius: You wake up, feeling stronger, you feel like a powerful drug would cause a minor effect on you, and you probably could stand chemical torture much better than a normal person. You should be thankful; if Cupcake had taken a few seconds more, you'd be as good as dead.

Falcon: -
Falcon: "Aerius; I'm sorry pal, I didn't intend to harm you..."
Aerius: "I know you didn't, just try to follow the rules from now on."
Falcon: "Alright, I also must apologize to you for not stopping when you told me; again, I'm sorry."

By this time, the helicopter is already landing, and you decide not to take a parachute, seeing as Toffee fell already, so you close the door and sit down.

Spoiler:

-Group-
Chip manages to land the helicopter safely, with minor damage to it, thanks to the armor chip he had applied before leaving. Cupcakes will still be asleep for a couple of hours, or so it seems, but you're in the middle of a concrete desert; several destroyed buildings around you, and you have no idea how much is left to arrive, or even in what direction is the NewYork city.

Time until next event, 4 hours.

-Toffee-
You fall for a while, until your parachute gets trapped on a huge building. You struggle for several minutes until you notice there isn't much you can do; you think about cutting the parachute, but you remember you're a human being, and would pretty much end... well, dead, if you jumped from that height. Seconds later, a man, probably about thirty years old comes walking, you shout fro help, and the man spots you. This person wearing a long, black coat, black pants and a pair of shades jumps with incredible power up to where you are, and with a finger snap, three arrow-like onyx sticks cut the parachute, letting you fall. After seeing your life pass right in front of you, and seeing "the light", you fall into this man's arms, and seconds later you fall asleep.

You later wake up in a comfortable bed inside a pretty fancy apartment, you hear people chatting through the door, and notice you don't have anything with you, only some basic clothes.

Time until next event, 2 hours. (You were asleep for 2.)
PeterPorty
PeterPorty
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Regnar13 Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:01 am

Wake Cupcake, then ask him where the hell we are, or at least where we were going. Then share with the others what I found out about the watch, but only tell them, not show them, about the white needle. Then check out some of the near by buildings, paying extreme attention to everything.

And is there a way for me to become unashamed?

Last edited by Regnar13 on Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:06 am; edited 6 times in total
Regnar13
Regnar13
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Rulyon Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:09 am

As the closest to the hatch when they land, "Pig" unholsters his issued pistol, turns the safety off, and hops out. He scans the area for a moment or two before stepping away from the chopper to let the others off with his gun down but still held in a two-handed grip. Since he was inside the chopper with no way of knowing which way they may have turned, he gets his bearings the most reliable way currently possible.

"Hey, Chip! Which way did Toffee fall?"

Major: Scout the area as stealthily as possible, keeping an eye out for signs of Toffee or potential adversaries.

Minor: Ask Chip which way to go to locate Toffee.

Edit: You beat me to the punch. I was thinking as the guy strained for stealth at the moment Pig should probably be first and take point.
Rulyon
Rulyon
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Regnar13 Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:13 am

Ok, I'm gonna edit my action to follow behind you or something, any ideas?
Regnar13
Regnar13
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterPorty Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:25 am

Not really trying to force you guys to do anything, but "stealth" won't really work if you have some clumsy un-stealthy guy behind you... Unless you're planning to teach him how to.
PeterPorty
PeterPorty
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Regnar13 Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:32 am

Edited action again, it sounds good I think.
Regnar13
Regnar13
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterPorty Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:35 am

You'll stop being unashamed as soon as your mistake is fixed, Aerius will be fine next turn, so yeah.
PeterPorty
PeterPorty
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Rulyon Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:08 am

My intention was to gain a little distance and scout the area after Toffee answers me. Scouts usually reconnoiter the area and return to the group with their findings, don't they? :-)
Rulyon
Rulyon
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  johnratchet3 Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:33 am

I do wonder why the chopper was damaged on landing (no mention of trouble landing it?) and when I applied the chip. But anyway...

Major: Repair the helicopter; search inside it for the tools, materials, components, e.t.c.
Minor: Participate in the group discussion and contribute where possible.
IN ADDITION, search the heli for any combat equipment, food supplies, extra fuel, rope; in short, a total inventory of everything that's not nailed down.

When the above is complete, go scouting in the (if it is repaired) chopper, noting landmarks, features of interest and of course, looking for Toffee. Strap on a parachute just in case, and keep a good lookout for anything unusual.

I figure the most likely and quickest place to get some stuff is inside the chopper. After all, this ain't no civilian chopper. Wink

Also, I think it might be optional to scout for Toffee via the air. If Filler agrees, we could go back to the chopper and provide some aerial reconnaissance of the area.

And one more thing... Isn't Filler/Aerius the one who is waking up? Not me? :S

Last edited by johnratchet3 on Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:50 am; edited 1 time in total
johnratchet3
johnratchet3
Experienced Player
Experienced Player

Back to top Go down

Post  FillerB Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:24 am

Sit down near the helicopter and rest for a while. When you've sobered up enough ask whoever is closest by why we are in the middle of god knows where with a damaged helicopter, a team member missing, Cupcakes passed out and you feeling like you're pumped full of drugs. (note: I obviously do not know this since I was out for the duration)

After this explanation, call the group together and discuss what features of their equipment they have discovered while they were messing around with it in the helicopter. We might as well share our information while we’re grounded. If the GPS-function of the watch is mentioned, try to utilize it to figure out exactly where we are and how much further it is to your destination.

Then try to help Chip with whatever he is doing at the moment and (if possible) make a quick recon flight around your current location. If this is not possible, grab your gun and try to do some target practice. Who knows what dangers lurk in this godforsaken place.

Note to the guys above: You do know this round takes a whopping 4 hours right?
FillerB
FillerB
Player
Player

Back to top Go down

Post  johnratchet3 Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:44 am

Whoa, really? Might make some additions then. Should we wake cupcake or leave him knocked out for a while? Twisted Evil
johnratchet3
johnratchet3
Experienced Player
Experienced Player

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanapka Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:47 am

Actions as for now, but Chip mentioned he wanted to change his action, and maybe Falcon will too.
Spoiler:

I'd be nice if you made use of the new awesome 'Characters' field in User Profile, so the person putting actions together doesn't have to look up who is who - I don't really know it by heart yet.

Kanapka
Player
Player

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterPorty Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:19 pm

When people were asking about where Toffee had fell, my soul was crying for "DUDE; YOU HAVE A GPS THINGY!" Thanks God Filler is smart... >.< Shall I give them a couple of hours to change the actions? Alright, I guess I'll come back later then.
John, you have a level 1 general flight, it's only normal that you can't do a perfect emergency landing; if you haven't noticed yet, this is the same chopper Jackal was working on, and you "built an armor chip for practice" and added it to the chopper during your training.
PeterPorty
PeterPorty
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  FillerB Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:22 pm

To be honest, I didn't think about that use since GPS is a one way deal. Those things (transponders) that send out your current location only use GPS to get your location, and then use other means (cell phone network, radio, internet, etc) to transmit it. Besides that, you might want to retcon GPS to Galileo (the planned European version) or QZSS (The Japanese version). I highly doubt the US would have been able to keep GPS in the sky if they were overrun by, of all possible countries, Japan.
FillerB
FillerB
Player
Player

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next