Novalia Roll 2 Dodge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roll to Dodge: The Dungeon Crawlers

+10
mastery910
Bigkahuna
AerynPierre
FLAMELASHER
King_Pikmin
Rulyon
Darien
FoolishBalloon
Saima
14 posters

Page 1 of 28 1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 28  Next

Go down

Roll to Dodge: The Dungeon Crawlers Empty Roll to Dodge: The Dungeon Crawlers

Post  Saima Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:02 am

Hi guys.

General Rules:

Backstory:

Inventory System:

Skills/Abilities:

Combat System:

Magic System:

Rough price guide:

Application:

Simply fill out this form.

Character name:

Race: (Any fantasy race)

Physical traits: (Eye color, etc)

Any other info: (backstory etc.)

Thanks!

Current players:

8680 (Vignarvaeri Darasv)

Ruylon (Byrssh Ryrgysshi)

Aerynpierre (Kursk Ryrgysshi)

Shinobody (Kunoiko Hachimaki)

Malregima (KookiePie)

The honored dead:

Foolishballoon

King_Pikmin (Olimar)

Mastery910 (Shadow)

Flamelasher (Raider)

Mastery910 (Nu Mou)

Darien (Nessus)

Craften

Waiting list:

Anailater

Mastery910

Last edited by Saima on Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:44 pm; edited 26 times in total
Saima
Saima
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Roll to Dodge: The Dungeon Crawlers Empty Re: Roll to Dodge: The Dungeon Crawlers

Post  FoolishBalloon Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:31 am

Character name: I prefer to be called FoolishBalloon, if that's not possible, call me Fred.

Race: (Any fantasy race)
Dragon-goblin breed.

Physical traits: (Eye color, etc)
Red, big eyes, 2 meters tall, scales instead of skin, green wings and a big, fat nose. Male.

Other traits:
What sould I put in here? Razz

Any other info: (backstory etc.)
My dad was a dragon and my mum a goblin. I was a very week person, and my parents didn't like that, so they sent me to the dungeon to get stronger. And here i am Very Happy
FoolishBalloon
FoolishBalloon
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

http://www.spelochfiske.se

Back to top Go down

Roll to Dodge: The Dungeon Crawlers Empty Re: Roll to Dodge: The Dungeon Crawlers

Post  Saima Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:52 am

FoolishBalloon is fine. That section is just if you care to add anything else.

Interesting double race Smile
Saima
Saima
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  FoolishBalloon Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:56 am

Hehe, yeah, I thought of something like a dragonman, and thought of dragongoblin Very Happy
FoolishBalloon
FoolishBalloon
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  8680 Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:59 pm

Name : Vignarvaeri Darasv
Race : half-dragon kobold
Physical traits : About five feet tall. Dull orange scales. Stubby dull golden horns. Tail like an alligator's but smaller. Draconic wings that I'm not strong enough to use. Female.
Other traits : I assume you mean personality... I'll develop that as the game progresses.
Backstory : My father was a kobold and my mother was a dragon. Developing in dragon eggs allowed me and my brother to grow exceptionally large for kobolds, and we rose to positions of prominence within the tribe. Eventually, internal schisms tore the tribe, and us, apart and left me on the losing side of a civil war. I fled with my remaining followers and established a new warren. After appointing my mate, a sorcerer, to rule in my stead, I left, promising to someday return with lots of magic stuff and lead my people to victory.

(You said that this is a "typical Dungeons and Dragons fantasy medieval world," so I'm assuming your kobolds are the same as theirs.)
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Darien Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:05 pm

Character name: Nessus

Race: Centaur

Physical traits: Brown eyes and hair,8'2" (2.44m)

Other traits: Age= 26

Any other info: Nessus was born on the harsh plains and has always fought to get what he needed. After he ran out of worthy prey on the plains, he came to the dungeon in hope of a challenge
Darien
Darien
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Saima Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:20 pm

Great! Both of your are accepted.

Here's the setting (feel free to post your first actions).

All three of you walk in to the local inn, prepared to talk about the strange happenings. Foolishballoon whispers "Where the heck are the other three?" just as the human innkeeper brings you to a table and says "Welcome! What can I get for you?"

Foolishballoon

Effects: None

Skills: None

Magic: None

inventory:

Vig

inventory:

Nessus (Would you like me to use your character name, or account name?)

inventory:

Keep in mind that things will start out slow. Dungeons will come in due time Wink

Last edited by Saima on Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Saima
Saima
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  FoolishBalloon Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:25 pm

Get a sword
FoolishBalloon
FoolishBalloon
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Saima Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:28 pm

Please clarify. Craft a sword, purchase one from the inn? Barter with some of the townsfolk?

I need some detail Smile

(I'm assuming that you wish to purchase one from the innkeeper)
Saima
Saima
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Rulyon Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:03 pm

Well, there goes my realm right out the window. Too similar to yours! Starting from scratch. But I'd love to join this one!

Name: Byrssh Ryrgysshi

Race: Raynar (Imagine a Cat Person...then replace "cat" with "fox".)

Physical Traits: 1.8 meters tall. White and rusty-orange-red fur. Long tail typical of foxes. Grey eyes. Wears brown clothing appropriate for adventuring in, and has iridescent sash with a difficult-to-determine hue. It seems to be blue, purple, red, and green, alternately depending on the angle from which inks viewed.

Background: A typical adventurer from the city of Abrogado-Rae. He seeks glory as a warrior, wealth from his spoils... and a trophy appropriate to bring home with him indicating his Rite of Passage is complete.

Those interested in learning more about the Raynar race are welcome to inquire, I love them! But be well aware that they are protected under a writer's copyright in the USA. I don't want them stolen for someone else's profit before my novel is complete! :-)

If accepted as a character:

Minor Action: Inquire about where to find a weapon vendor, notably one that sells polearms and bows.

Last edited by Rulyon on Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rulyon
Rulyon
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  8680 Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:04 pm

Does metal count as a "heavily produced material"?
Saima wrote:Would you like me to use your character name, or account name?
Eh... call me Vig.
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Saima Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:05 pm

Fine and dandy application. Feel free to enter the inn and meet up with your friends Smile

Please excuse my lack of DND knowledge -- I may incorrectly GM specific species and creatures. I have a basic idea of the DND universe, but I'm not a huge RPer.

8680 -- Any heavily refined metals. Not an ore, but perhaps steel bars.
Saima
Saima
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Rulyon Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:11 pm

Thank you! Read the fine print, Raynar are my creation. :-)

And don't worry about "appropriate" portrayal of DND races...this is YOUR game...take whatever liberties you choose for DND! Would you like a synopsis on the Raynar?
Rulyon
Rulyon
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Saima Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:12 pm

Yes -- A description would be helpful.

I was more talking in general. We have quite the range of adventurers in this party Very Happy

Saima
Saima
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  King_Pikmin Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:15 pm

I'm in.

Character name: Olimar

Race: Dragon / Elf

Physical traits: Beady red eyes, regular elf body, medium length brown hair, small pair of wings on my back, intimidating look.

Other traits:

Any other info: I was born in a very peaceful town in a forest, but it was simply too quiet, I needed someone to keep me company. I was quite lonely. My parents decided this would be a good place for me, so I set off to come here.

I will enter the inn and introduce myself to the other people

Last edited by King_Pikmin on Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
King_Pikmin
King_Pikmin
Experienced Player
Experienced Player

Back to top Go down

Post  8680 Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:17 pm

Since it's possible to learn, say, Minor Create Steel and Minor Create Glass in one turn, is it possible to learn Minor Create Steel and Minor Manipulate Steel in one turn?
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Saima Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:18 pm

Yes. I will accept this. However, it must be on the same level. (e.g. (major) and (major), or (minor) and (minor).
Saima
Saima
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Saima Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:21 pm

King_Pikmin, you are accepted.

Edit: My bad. Double post.
Saima
Saima
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  FoolishBalloon Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:41 pm

Hmm, i'll learn Manipulate Air (minor) instead.
FoolishBalloon
FoolishBalloon
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  8680 Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:24 pm

Minor : Listen to the conversation of the other inn patrons.
Major : Relax and remember some of the minor magics my mate taught me. [Learn Minor Create Steel and Minor Manipulate Steel.]
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Saima Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:26 pm

Sorry 8680, but manipulate Z only opens up at level 4. (only the 4 elements are open to beginning adventurers)

I'll roll as soon as everyone has posted. (Darien is still left, but it's only been a few hours)

Edit: I will take your action as-is. I've realized that I'm railroading more than is needed.

Last edited by Saima on Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Saima
Saima
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Darien Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:29 pm

Call me by my character name i guess

Purchase a Bow (assuming I can)
Darien
Darien
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Saima Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:43 pm

It's rolling time Very Happy

(I'm using http://www.wizards.com/dnd/dice/dice.htm for rolls. Any other suggestions?)

Foolishballoon[2]

You close your eyes and focus on the air around you. Suddenly, you feel a breeze come from nowhere! Quickly opening your eyes, you see that it was just Byrssh opening the door.

You feel a cold chill run down your spine.. Something about the air in here seems toxic. You develop a headache.

Effects: Headache (-2 to mental rolls)

Magic:

Level 1 – XP: 0

inventory:

Byrssh Ryrgysshi [7]

You walk in through the front door, startling Foolishballoon. After meeting up with your friends, you go over to the innkeeper and ask him “Do you know where I could find a weapons shop? I'm looking for some pole-arms.” The innkeeper points you across the street, to a shop with the sign “Garnok Armory”. Looks nice enough.

Magic:

inventory:

Olimar[11]

You walk in and sit down with your friends. After saying hello, you get down to business. “What are your theories about the dungeon?” A shady figure from a nearby table overhears your conversation, and interrupts, “Those who are not affected by the disease are friends. Here. Take this.” as he hands you a leather bag with 3 silver coins in it. Immediately after, he runs off out of the inn and in to the crowds.

Magic:

inventory:

Vig[9]

You sit back, relax, and listen to the noise around you. You think back to the days before the civil war... Times of peace and prosperity. Your best friend was a fledgeling magician, and tried to teach you some of his tricks. You can remember bits and pieces of his teachings, and you now feel like you have a solid base of experience to use.

Magic:

Level 2 – XP: 20

inventory:

Darien[6]

You overhear Byrssh's conversation with the innkeeper, and decide to head over to Garnok Armory with him.

Magic:

inventory:

Game events:

[i]The innkeeper looks slightly alarmed when the man starts talking to Olimar. Once again he asks "So what can I get for you lads? A drink? Some food?"

Locations:

Foolish: The inn

Byrssh: Just outside Garnok Armory

Olimar: The inn

Vig: The inn

Darien: Just outside Garnok Armory

Yay for the first roll. Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Last edited by Saima on Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
Saima
Saima
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Rulyon Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:51 pm

If we're allowed to purchase this turn I'd like to buy a bow, some arrows, and a small vial of oil.
Rulyon
Rulyon
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  8680 Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:03 pm

Saima wrote:Sorry 8680, but manipulate Z only opens up at level 4. (only the 4 elements are open to beginning adventurers)
Then, unless this...
Saima wrote:Edit: I will take your action as-is. I've realized that I'm railroading more than is needed.
...was addressed to me, I'll instead learn Minor Create Fire.

Saima wrote:(I'm using http://www.wizards.com/dnd/dice/dice.htm for rolls. Any other suggestions?)
Random.org. It's more truly random, but slower. (Or maybe it's just my internet connection....)

edit : Applied strike tags. And I meant mate as in husband, but whatever.

Last edited by 8680 on Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 28 1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 28  Next