Novalia Roll 2 Dodge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roll to Dodge: The Dungeon Crawlers

+10
mastery910
Bigkahuna
AerynPierre
FLAMELASHER
King_Pikmin
Rulyon
Darien
FoolishBalloon
Saima
14 posters

Page 14 of 28 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 21 ... 28  Next

Go down

Roll to Dodge: The Dungeon Crawlers - Page 14 Empty Re: Roll to Dodge: The Dungeon Crawlers

Post  Rulyon Tue May 10, 2011 4:39 am

That's because I don't have "Create Fire (Minor)"... I have "Create Fire".
Rulyon
Rulyon
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Roll to Dodge: The Dungeon Crawlers - Page 14 Empty Re: Roll to Dodge: The Dungeon Crawlers

Post  Saima Tue May 10, 2011 9:56 am

@Aeryn: As Ruylon said, higher level spells overwrite lower levels.

Yes, my numbers are off. I update those as I roll, so I may forget a few things. Always trust the breakdown numbers, as I update those first.

Serious question: bounce

Should I keep this game at a lower person count? Only mastery is on the waiting list, and I've found it much more enjoyable to roll with less people (don't worry mastery, I would still add you in Smile)
Saima
Saima
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  mastery910 Tue May 10, 2011 10:56 am

You better add me in this game! I've been checking every so often every day waiting for me to be added... Sad
mastery910
mastery910
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Saima Tue May 10, 2011 11:05 am

Glad you're looking forward to it Smile

Ruylon, mind posting your action? Maybe we could smash out another double roll :p
Saima
Saima
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  8680 Tue May 10, 2011 11:45 am

Rulyon wrote:I fear your attempt to control the Flame Beast will turn it against us.
Apologies... I think I already turned it against us, when I sucked up two thirds of its energy.
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Saima Tue May 10, 2011 11:47 am

That's what conditionals are for, Vig Wink

Yes, I'm going to start calling you by your in-game names. elephant
Saima
Saima
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Rulyon Tue May 10, 2011 1:58 pm

Omigoodness, I thought I did. Whoops. Sorry. pale

Minor Action:"Vig, do not anger the Fire Beast!"

Major Action: If the Fire Beast does NOT turn hostile again, conjure a fireball and send it towards the Fire Beast to reabsorb energy.

If the Fire Beast DOES turn hostile again: "I am sorry. My friend is somewhat... impulsive. We do not wish to bring you harm."[Diplomacy?]
Rulyon
Rulyon
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  AerynPierre Tue May 10, 2011 2:01 pm

Oops, I had completely overlooked the Create Fire period...thought it was missing his magic.
AerynPierre
AerynPierre
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Saima Tue May 10, 2011 5:48 pm

Vig[2]

Wanting to rectify the situation, you prepare your mind and hands to take control of the flame beast. You feel the heat swirling around you, and focus in on the energy flowing through your body.

Charging at the flame beast, you once again press in with your hands, this time attempting to take control of it's mind. You make contact with the beast, and a surge of nausea swims through your body, numbing your mind.

When you have regained your senses, you feel incredibly weak. You are lying on the floor, and feel very light-headed. The flame beast speaks out to you. “Let's see how you like being sucked of all of your energy...”

Effects: Exhausted (-3 to physical rolls. Goes away in 1 turn.)

Skills: Fire manipulating hands

Magic: Manipulate Earth

Create Fire

Manipulate Fire (minor)

Create Earth

Manipulate Bone (minor)

Level 3 – XP: 91

inventory:

Darien[2]

Feeling confused by the art of magic, you decide to learn the basics first. Sitting down on the floor, you close your eyes to slip into this “void” everyone keeps telling you about. Swimming through the darkness in your head, you try to find any glimmer of evidence that you're not just staring at your eyelids.

After a few minutes of concentration, you see a blue spark in your mind. Reaching out to it, you see a large spike of ice jutting out from a stone wall. Pulling on it, your eyes flash open.

Standing before you is a gigantic ice beast. You stand up to meet it's eyes, but it quickly shouts at you. “Who has summoned Aquan?!” Stuttering, you respond, explaining what just happened.

Aquan looks at you disbelievingly, and glances around the room. Setting his eyes on the flame beast, he grunts in disgust and shouts “Ignuch! What are you doing here, among these weaklings?”

Effects: None

Skills: Basic bow skills

Magic:

Level 1 – XP: 14

Knowledge of Time Slow (minor)

inventory:

Kursk Ryrgysshi [8 + 2 + 1 = 11 (the situation isn't exactly clear, so I opted for your safer action.)]

Deciding to patch up this room to practice your skills, you close your eyes and are immediately confronted with the golem that you encountered before. He doesn't say anything, however, so you continue your efforts to shape blocks of stone into appropriate shapes to fix up the holes all over the room.

Fusing the stone blocks back into the wall, the room starts to look half-decent. Just as you're putting in the last chunk of stone, a second earthen figure hops into your mind.

“Hello Kursk, my name is Terrak. I sense that the others are here, causing trouble. The mission will have to be delayed. Assist me in taking down these clowns, and send them back to where they belong.”

You open your eyes, and see a giant, solid stone humanoid standing next to you, with bright green eyes. He speaks out to you calmly. “Now, point me in the direction of our friends and enemies.”

Effects: Stone skin (+2 to defense rolls)

Skills: Major earth proficiency (+2 to all earth-manipulating or creating rolls)

Stone proficiency (+1 to all stone-manipulating or creating rolls)

Magic:

Level 4 – XP: 124

Manipulate Earth

Create Earth

Manipulate Stone (major)
inventory:

Byrssh Ryrgysshi [6]

Seeing that Ignuch isn't being directly hostile towards you, you ask him if a fireball would help his energy problems. He responds in a booming voice. “Yes. More flame will heal my wounds, weakling. Now, assist me in destroying this joke of a water elemental.”

You pull a stream of fire out from the void, shooting it at Ignuch. He glows a bright orange, and starts flowing around the room like a liquid. “Ah. This is better. Now, time to deal with Aquan.”

You stall for a second, not sure what to do. Aquan hasn't directly done anything against you, while Ignuch has attacked your friends. A puzzling situation for sure.

Effects: None

Skills: Basic diplomacy

Basic bow skills

Magic:

Level 2 – XP: 45

Create fire

inventory:

Ignuch: [~]

Effects: Energy level [450/450] (Will shrink in size, and eventually disappear as it loses energy levels. Energy is gained and lost similarly to health.)

Skills: None

Magic:

Level 5 – XP: 180

Manipulate fire (Major)

Create fire (Major)

inventory:

Aquan: [~]

Effects: Energy level [450/450] (Will shrink in size, and eventually disappear as it loses energy levels. Energy is gained and lost similarly to health.)

Magic:

Manipulate water (Major)

Create water (Major)

inventory:

Terrak: [~]

Magic:

Manipulate earth (Major)

Create earth (Major)

inventory:

Game Events:

The rest of the skeletons escape through the door unscathed. In their place, a new monster walks through. It's the size of two humans, with beady white eyes.

Seemingly made out of a vortex of wind, it has multiple small orbs spinning around inside it.

“Who has awakened Aetheron from his slumber?! You may have taken my red orb, but that will be the last!”

Ingnuch rolls his eyes, and says “Aetheron, you have slumbered for too long. We escaped centuries ago, freed from our prisons. And if this stupid band of adventurers hadn't broken that stupid orb...”

Aetheron: [~]

Magic:

Manipulate air (Major)

Create air (Major)

inventory:
Saima
Saima
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  8680 Tue May 10, 2011 6:25 pm

Minor : Take cover behind Kursk's wall.
Major : Learn Medium Manipulate Air.
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  AerynPierre Wed May 11, 2011 4:52 am

I wish to clarify some stuff before I decide upon my action...

A) Aetheron is hostile against everybody.

B) Ignuch and Aquan think little of us, but seem focused more so upon each other than the "weaklings" (aka...us).

C) Terrak is my ally and seems against Ignuch, Aquan, and Aetheron. I can potentially make requests of him, such as for him not to consider my friends as foes.

(I had planned for that to be in my action anyways...but since I didnt know how fast youd answer...wanted to put it out)

Last edited by AerynPierre on Wed May 11, 2011 12:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
AerynPierre
AerynPierre
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  mastery910 Wed May 11, 2011 6:57 am

Kind of happy im not in the game yet...
mastery910
mastery910
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Saima Wed May 11, 2011 9:13 am

@Aeryn: Yes, the relationships you set out for the 4 are correct.

It is a bit of metagaming, but I will allow it.

@Mastery: Yeah... Not sure if they'll get out of this situation very fast Smile
Saima
Saima
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  AerynPierre Wed May 11, 2011 12:20 pm

"Friends, I suggest we let Ignuch and Aquan duel while we focus upon Aetheron...who seems to be the only one purely hostile towards us. After we weaken him, then we can figure out what to do against Ignuch and Aquan. I ask you to not attack Terrak, as he has been somewhat of a mentor to me. And if at all possible, I believe we need to weaken and not "kill" these foes...perhaps the others can be assistance to some of us as well. Friend Terrak, please help us against Aetheron!"
Major: Use Manipulate Stone (major) to send a huge chuck of the wall flying at Aetheron.
AerynPierre
AerynPierre
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Darien Wed May 11, 2011 1:21 pm

Minor:Move towards Terrak
Major:Attack Aetheron with my bow
Darien
Darien
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Saima Thu May 12, 2011 5:28 pm

/pokes Ruylon

I want to roll bounce
Saima
Saima
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Roll to Dodge: The Dungeon Crawlers - Page 14 Empty Form!

Post  Craften Thu May 12, 2011 6:04 pm

Filling out the form since I was told I should :3

Character name:
Craften

Race: (Any fantasy race)
Prinny (If a game race is allowed)

Physical traits: (Eye color, etc)

Small, about 80cm tall, black eyes, penguin body.
Prinny info

Other traits:
They always have their trusty backpack with them.
They tend to explode when they die.

Craften
New Player
New Player

http://www.warcraft-source.net/forum

Back to top Go down

Post  mastery910 Thu May 12, 2011 6:05 pm

Woohoo, I got you to join the forum Smile
(It's me Ichi-zen)
mastery910
mastery910
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Craften Thu May 12, 2011 6:09 pm

mastery910 wrote:Woohoo, I got you to join the forum Smile
(It's me Ichi-zen)

Yooo Ichi-zen, yeah I figured I'd join here since the guys at the other forums didn't really bother.
I hope I'll have fun here :>

Craften
New Player
New Player

Back to top Go down

Post  8680 Thu May 12, 2011 6:09 pm

Craften wrote:Prinny (If a game race is allowed)
At least you asked....
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Craften Thu May 12, 2011 6:10 pm

8680 wrote:
Craften wrote:Prinny (If a game race is allowed)
At least you asked....
I see. I'll edit this post with a new form I guess ;-;

Character name:
Craften

Race: (Any fantasy race)
Kit-uing!
Half-Penguin half-Kitten

Physical traits: (Eye color, etc)
One blue eye and one black eye.
about 20cm high, walks on 4 legs, has a penguin 'tail', and face but the physique of a cat.
Wears a tiny backpack on his back.

Other traits:
Can endure freezing colds, but is not out of place in warm places either.

I'm not VERY creative, so I hope this race is good enough ;-;

Last edited by Craften on Thu May 12, 2011 6:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Filled the form.)

Craften
New Player
New Player

Back to top Go down

Post  8680 Thu May 12, 2011 6:19 pm

Craften wrote:I see. I'll edit this post with a new form I guess ;-;
This isn't my game; I don't have the authority to tell you to change your character. Whatever Saima's decision is, you may find Guardians of the Otherland Page 9 interesting. And Page 10. Aaaand Page 11. Yeah... we really derailed that thread.
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Saima Thu May 12, 2011 7:33 pm

No, either race is fine. I was only debating the principle of the matter, not the application.

Feel free to use a Chocobo if you're so inclined Razz
Saima
Saima
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Rulyon Thu May 12, 2011 9:13 pm

Minor Action: Can we not all co-exist? You attempt to turn brother against brother!

Major Action: Launch a fireball against the Air elemental lord BUT ONLY IF HE FIRST acts aggressively against us.
Rulyon
Rulyon
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  mastery910 Fri May 13, 2011 10:17 am

Oh mighty gamemaster, can you put Craften infront of me in the waiting line? I know him and he's quite new (His first real R2D game) Smile
mastery910
mastery910
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 28 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 21 ... 28  Next