Novalia Roll 2 Dodge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roll to Dodge: The Dungeon Crawlers

+10
mastery910
Bigkahuna
AerynPierre
FLAMELASHER
King_Pikmin
Rulyon
Darien
FoolishBalloon
Saima
14 posters

Page 15 of 28 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21 ... 28  Next

Go down

Roll to Dodge: The Dungeon Crawlers - Page 15 Empty Re: Roll to Dodge: The Dungeon Crawlers

Post  Craften Fri May 13, 2011 1:45 pm

mastery910 wrote:Oh mighty gamemaster, can you put Craften infront of me in the waiting line? I know him and he's quite new (His first real R2D game) Smile

I think there's 2 spots free in the queue (Or was that somewhere else? ;-; )
But yeah still have to read the story, barely got any sleep last night and I cba to read atm :<

Craften
New Player
New Player

http://www.warcraft-source.net/forum

Back to top Go down

Roll to Dodge: The Dungeon Crawlers - Page 15 Empty Re: Roll to Dodge: The Dungeon Crawlers

Post  mastery910 Fri May 13, 2011 2:30 pm

2 spots free indeed :O when did that happen O.o
mastery910
mastery910
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Saima Fri May 13, 2011 3:19 pm

Vig[7]

You feel stuck to the ground in exhaustion, but do your best to inch your way behind Kursk's stone wall. Relaxing on the solid stone behind your back, you begin to slip into a lucid dream.

Inside the dream, you see a small whirling vortex, no larger than a small horse. Beside it you see two more miniature elements, a ball of flame, and a blob of ice. You're a little confused as to where the earth element is, but shake it off and continue to concentrate.

Staring at the vortex in front of you, your hands begin to spin in time with the swirling air. You begin to regain control of your arms, and swing them in a figure eight pattern, with the air following the same pattern.

Your vision begins to fade to black, but you feel the air following you back, flowing through your body. Your eyes flutter open, back to reality. You still feel tired, but the air around you now seems more like a friend than a foe.

Magic level up!

Learned Manipulate Air!

Effects: None

Skills: Fire manipulating hands

Magic: Manipulate Earth

Create Fire

Manipulate Fire (minor)

Create Earth

Manipulate Bone (minor)

Manipulate Air

Level 4 – XP: 99

inventory:

Ignuch: [10]

Action: Send a flaming ball at that fool Aquan...

You charge up your elemental powers, and begin shaping a gigantic ball of embers. Arching it towards Aquan, you zip around the room, rejuvenated after taking Vig's energy.

It smacks into Aquan, making him shrink down in size.

Effects: Energy level [450/450] (Will shrink in size, and eventually disappear as it loses energy levels. Energy is gained and lost similarly to health.)

Skills: None

Magic:

Level 5 – XP: 188

Manipulate fire (Major)

Create fire (Major)

inventory:

Kursk Ryrgysshi [10 + 2 + 1 = 13]

You lay out some verbal advice to your comrades: "Friends, I suggest we let Ignuch and Aquan duel while we focus upon Aetheron...who seems to be the only one purely hostile towards us. After we weaken him, then we can figure out what to do against Ignuch and Aquan. I ask you to not attack Terrak, as he has been somewhat of a mentor to me. And if at all possible, I believe we need to weaken and not "kill" these foes...perhaps the others can be assistance to some of us as well. Friend Terrak, please help us against Aetheron!"

Terrak nods, and walks slowly and calmly towards Aetheron.

Ready to do your part, you begin channeling your stone skills. The presence of Terrak seems to boost your proficiency, allowing your brain to more readily wrap around a chunk of wall you just fused back in. Pulling it towards you with ease, large cracks appear in the wall, allowing you to manipulate the chunk of stone as you wish.

Spinning it around the room, your eyes lock on to Aetheron. Pushing the stone with massive force at his body, you feel very calm. Your very bloodstream feels cool and relaxed.

You lean against the wall, and watch the impact of stone and wind. Surprisingly, Aetheron doesn't even flinch, continuing his rampage towards Aquan and Ignuch. However, he seems noticeably smaller than before.

Effects: Stone skin (+2 to defense rolls)

Cooled bloodstream (-1 to debuffs related to blood)

Skills: Major earth proficiency (+2 to all earth-manipulating or creating rolls)

Stone proficiency (+1 to all stone-manipulating or creating rolls)

Magic:

Level 4 – XP: 136

Manipulate Earth

Create Earth

Manipulate Stone (major)

inventory:

Aetheron: [1]

Action: Use manipulate air (major) to blow Ignuch's flames away

You begin spinning up a storm of air, aiming it at Ignuch. However, Kursk manages to send a large block of stone at you, stalling your magic and damaging you.

Effects: Energy level [260/450] (Will shrink in size, and eventually disappear as it loses energy levels. Energy is gained and lost similarly to health.)

Magic:

Level 5 – XP: 180

Manipulate air (Major)

Create air (Major)

inventory:

Darien[10 + 1 = 11]

You walk towards Terrak, feeling a cooling aura radiating off of him.

Lining up your bow for a quick shot at Aetheron, you pull out an arrow, and notch it. Making sure you aim for the white orb, you let the arrow fly. It hits the orb straight on, causing a small crack to appear in it.

Aetheron screams “AGH! Cease your attacks on that orb, or prepare for destruction from the very air around you!”

He re-orients himself to face you, now charging with renewed vigor.

Skills: Basic bow skills

Magic:

Level 1 – XP: 14

Knowledge of Time Slow (minor)

inventory:

Byrssh Ryrgysshi [5]

You pose a question to the group. “Can we not all co-exist? You attempt to turn brother against brother! “

Seeing Aetheron's charge at Darien, you decide to fight air with fire. Slipping into the void once again, you find the spark of fire you are now getting familiar with. Enlarging it, you shape it into a large ball of fire.

Blinking back into real life, you toss the fireball at Aetheron. It explodes in a shower of sparks, making him shrink further.

Ignuch looks at your with disapproving eyes, and says “Such a shame... You use fire in a quite juvenile way.”

Skills: Basic diplomacy

Basic bow skills

Magic:

Level 2 – XP: 51

Create fire

inventory:

Aquan: [2]

Action: Send a water ball at Ignuch

Building up a compact ball of water, you toss it at Ignuch. However, he spins around the room, dodging your attack.

Effects: Energy level [390/450] (Will shrink in size, and eventually disappear as it loses energy levels. Energy is gained and lost similarly to health.)

Magic:

Level 5 – XP: 180

Manipulate water (Major)

Create water (Major)

inventory:

Terrak: [7]

Action: Crack the ground from under Aetheron

Using your immense earth powers, you begin to form a crack in the ground under Aetheron. Forcing the chunks of stone apart, you open up a small chasm under his feet.

Effects: Energy level [450/450] (Will shrink in size, and eventually disappear as it loses energy levels. Energy is gained and lost similarly to health.)

Magic:

Manipulate earth (Major)

Create earth (Major)

inventory:

Game Events:

Aetheron lets out a horrible growl, and begins charging at Darien. Aquan and Ignuch still seem very self-interested, and Terrak is attempting to take down Aetheron.

A small scratching noise can be heard from behind a wooden door in the room. A muffled cry for help echoes out in a moment of silence, hurrying the urgency of the situation.

Saima
Saima
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  AerynPierre Fri May 13, 2011 5:06 pm

Collapse the ceiling over Aetheron, calculating to make sure it drops on him as he charges Nessus
AerynPierre
AerynPierre
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Rulyon Fri May 13, 2011 9:28 pm

I think I'll take what he said to heart...

Major Action: Create a Fire Whip.

(Think of this scene)

Rulyon
Rulyon
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Saima Sat May 14, 2011 6:01 pm

More actiones ploxes.

Can't make an epic roll without epic actions Smile
Saima
Saima
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Darien Sat May 14, 2011 6:53 pm

Major:Hit the orb again!
Minor:Remain behind Terrak
Darien
Darien
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  8680 Sat May 14, 2011 7:32 pm

If Nessus hits the orb and causes any (non-sentient) air energy to be released....
Minor : Come out from behind the wall.
Major : Try to absorb the energy. [Magic]

If no energy is released and Aetheron is hostile....
Minor : Come out from behind the wall.
Major : Try to absorb some of Aetheron's energy. [Magic]

If no energy is released and Aetheron isn't hostile....
Major : Upgrade my Minor Manipulate Fire to Major Manipulate Fire.
Minor : None.
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Saima Mon May 16, 2011 2:10 pm

Just posting an update:

I've been having a case of writers block, which explains the lack of rolls lately. I apologize for this, but please understand that I do this for fun.

To help me get started back into this game, I would like to pose a question to the players and / or observers.

Are you happy with the style of the game and gameplay so far? If not, how could I improve it? Should I go back to the story I set out in the OP, or continue with the simple "crawler" game style I've gone with recently?

Feedback helps me make better rolls, which is more fun for everyone.

Thanks all.
Saima
Saima
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  mastery910 Mon May 16, 2011 2:43 pm

My guess would be: Do what you think is right and what is the most fun to do for you. If there is something wrong I will have no problems with telling you Smile.
As long as you enjoy rolling, that enjoyment will reflect in your rolls. Cool
mastery910
mastery910
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  AerynPierre Mon May 16, 2011 2:46 pm

I def don't have any complaints. I esp like with how the magic style is set up (bonus' upon using a certain magic if you concentrate on it) and the fact that you get bonus' and penalties. My +2 to defense, -1 to debuffs is good because I don't just become more "powerful", it comes at a price.
AerynPierre
AerynPierre
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  8680 Mon May 16, 2011 3:50 pm

No complaints here. Except that I can't copy and paste your Gamemastering skills into my own head.
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Rulyon Mon May 16, 2011 5:33 pm

mastery910 wrote:My guess would be: Do what you think is right and what is the most fun to do for you. If there is something wrong I will have no problems with telling you Smile.
As long as you enjoy rolling, that enjoyment will reflect in your rolls. Cool

Complete agreement. Smile
Rulyon
Rulyon
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Saima Wed May 18, 2011 2:56 pm

The roll is here at long last... With the highest roll ever Very Happy (and maybe some new characters ^_^)

Kursk Ryrgysshi [11 + 2 + 1 = 14 0_0]

Seeing Aetheron's charge at Nessus, you continue your use of stone manipulating skills.

Calculating times and speeds in your head, your cooled blood flows slowly, but surely around your body. Within a few seconds, you have calculated your plan, and begin to execute it.

Mentally gripping the ceiling in front of Aetheron, you simply wave your hand slowly in front of your body, aiming at the ground. You can feel the stone all around you communicating with you, working as a team. Looking on at the rapidly falling ceiling, you determine it will hit Aetheron in 3...

1 seconds.

An ear-deafening clash of stone on stone roars through the room, bombarding you and your friends. While you feel shaken up, the solidity of your earthy skin reassures you back into focus.

To your surprise, some of the rubble from around the room begins to swing towards you, attaching to your stone skin. Large chunks of stone jut out on strange angles from your arms, merging into your now-earthen body.

Magic level up!

You have learned Manipulate Earth (major)!

Effects: Stone skin (+2 to defense rolls)

Stone infused with body (If broken off, next action receives a -2 penalty)

Sharp stone arms (+1 to attack rolls)

Cooled bloodstream (Extra -1 to debuffs related to blood)

Skills: Major earth proficiency (+2 to all earth-manipulating or creating rolls)

Stone proficiency (+1 to all stone-manipulating or creating rolls)

Magic:

Level 5 – XP: 163

Manipulate Earth (major)

Create Earth

Manipulate Stone (major)

inventory:

Byrssh Ryrgysshi [8]

Listening closely to Ignuch's comment, you feel the spark of an idea form in your head. As the adage goes, what is better to fight fire with than fire itself?

You focus inwards on the spark in your mind, enlarging it, and letting it spread through your body. Slipping into the Void, you notice something odd. As well as the seemingly endless amount of resources available, a small point of blackness exists in the corner of your vision. As you move to look at it, to flashes away.

You shake it off, and continue concentrating on your task at hand: Creating a decent weapon.

Shaping the fire into a long strand, you flex it back and forth, testing it's stability while still in the Void. Satisfied with your new tool and weapon, you begin phasing back to the physical world.

You open your eyes, and see a burning whip lying on the floor next to you. Noticing a small portion at the end of the whip that looks like a handle, you pick it up.

Surprisingly, you feel no heat blazing on the hand you are wielding it in. Odd... When you were in the Void, the whole item was made out of flame, without this odd metallic handle.

You have learned Manipulate Fire!

Basic bow skills

Magic:

Level 2 – XP: 62

Create fire

Manipulate Fire

inventory:

Darien[2 + 1 = 3]

Staying around the cooling presence of Terrak, you decide to continue your assault on Aetheron's orbs.

You pull out an arrow from your seemingly limitless pockets, and load it in your bow. You feel excited from the rush of battle, and take perhaps too little time aiming your shot.

The arrow whizzes through the air, barely hitting Aetheron's body. He shrinks down a miniscule amount, still stalled from Kurk's earth-shattering attack.

Level up! You have leveled up in Bow skills!

Skills: Bow skills (+2 to bow-related rolls)

Magic:

Level 1 – XP: 14

Knowledge of Time Slow (minor)

inventory:

Ignuch: [2]

Action: Charge up my fire powers

You begin to charge your flame manipulating skills, but get stopped short by the ear-shattering sound of Kursk smashing down a chunk of stone on the floor.

Magic:

Manipulate fire (Major)

Create fire (Major)

inventory:

Vig[12]

You look on at the battlefield before you, and see that Nessus all but completely missed Aetheron. You decide to end this threat right here, right now.

Stepping out from behind the wall, you get a good view of Aetheron, and get a solid footing on the ground. You close your eyes, and begin focusing on the sentient air around you.

The swirling breeze feels close to you... Very similar to the spinning cyclone from your previous encounter with air magic. You reach out for the air, and begin channeling it through your body, as was done with Ignuch's energy.

You feel a steady flow of air coursing through your body, so you stop the transfer. Aetheron is now a tiny shadow of his original size, having shrunk multiple times.

Effects: Energized (+1 to rolls under 6)

Skills: Fire manipulating hands

Magic: Manipulate Earth

Create Fire

Manipulate Fire (minor)

Create Earth

Manipulate Bone (minor)

Manipulate Air

Level 4 – XP: 122

inventory:

Aetheron: [7]

Action: Begin shattering the orbs

You start to crack the three orbs spinning inside of you, sending gusts of wind to knock them back and forth. Some small cracks form, but it will take a little more effort.

Effects: Energy level [20/450] (Will shrink in size, and eventually disappear as it loses energy levels. Energy is gained and lost similarly to health.)

Magic:

Level 5 – XP: 186

Manipulate air (Major)

Create air (Major)

inventory:

Aquan: [4]

Action: Heal myself

You begin to focus inwards, and swirl the energy in the air around you. It begins to come towards you, but you don't feel much better.

Effects: Energy level [400/450] (Will shrink in size, and eventually disappear as it loses energy levels. Energy is gained and lost similarly to health.)

Magic:

Level 5 – XP: 185

Manipulate water (Major)

Create water (Major)

inventory:

Terrak: [3]

Action: Channel my energy through Kursk

You start focusing on sending more of your powers to Kursk, but a strange block forms in your mind. You turn around, and see the door wide open, with a lumpy tattooed creature, and a penguin wearing a backpack.

What?!

Magic:

Manipulate earth (Major)

Create earth (Major)

inventory:

Game Events:

Nu Mou and Craften walk through the wooden door, rushing forwards energetically.

Craften speaks up first: “Hello everyone! Do you need some reinforcements?”, and smiles.

Nu Mou: [~]

Magic:

Level 3 – XP: 55

(With your first action, please tell me three level 1 spells, two level 2 spells, or one level three spell to have already learned)

inventory:

Crafen: [~]

Magic:

Level 3 – XP: 55

(With your first action, please tell me three level 1 spells, two level 2 spells, or one level three spell to have already learned)

inventory:

New Map:
Saima
Saima
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  8680 Wed May 18, 2011 3:19 pm

Minor : Take Raider's small vial of purple liquid.

If Aetheron is hostile or if he is killed....
Major : Eat him. Consume the last of his energy. [Magic]

If Aetheron is not hostile....
Major : Upgrade my Minor Manipulate Fire to Major Manipulate Fire.

Last edited by 8680 on Wed May 18, 2011 4:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  AerynPierre Wed May 18, 2011 4:02 pm

((Please put my action ahead of 8680's if possible come list time))

Minor: Offer Aetheron to surrender, letting him know that we wish not destroy him. We would much appreciate it if he would become a teacher to us instead.

If he ceases hostilities...Approach him and and request the green orb, in return for us returning some of his energy. Stating we will return it all if he surrenders all the orbs.

If he remains hostile (please put 8680s action here first) and fails to be absorbed...Finish him off with a section of the wall, being careful not to damage the orbs.

Regardless of the manner he is finished off while hostile...Move to collect the green orb. ((This is either an add-on to my major action above. Or if he is finished, I guess this IS my major))

Last edited by AerynPierre on Wed May 18, 2011 4:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
AerynPierre
AerynPierre
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  AerynPierre Wed May 18, 2011 4:07 pm

I really like how this game is going. Very Happy And on a more personal not...I have to be one funky looking Raynar (fox-humanoid) with all that stone. Shocked
AerynPierre
AerynPierre
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Saima Wed May 18, 2011 4:09 pm

Thanks Smile

Yeah, you may or may not be turning into a fox-golem 0_0

What a strange mix of people... Foxes, penguins... God, it's like we're at the zoo.
Saima
Saima
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  AerynPierre Wed May 18, 2011 4:14 pm

Yes a mythological zoo of warriors...since we also have a Centaur and half-dragon Kobold.

But as things are going...just try and tangle with us. Twisted Evil
AerynPierre
AerynPierre
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  8680 Wed May 18, 2011 4:14 pm

AerynPierre wrote:If he remains hostile and hasn't already been...Finish him off with a section of the wall, being careful not to damage the orbs. ((If he is finished)) Move to collect the green orb.
Don't let that delicious elemental energy go to waste. If you're not going to eat him, let me.
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Rulyon Wed May 18, 2011 4:15 pm

Indeed.

I'm in no fit state to make a move right now, doped up on NyQuil and trying to get some sleep to get better. I'll make a post later.
Rulyon
Rulyon
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Saima Wed May 18, 2011 4:16 pm

Sad Get well soon Ruylon.

Don't even worry about this game. We'll wait for you Smile
Saima
Saima
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  AerynPierre Wed May 18, 2011 4:19 pm

If Aetherons energy is consumed, will the orbs be affected? I don't know if they are "connected" to him in any way or just trapped in his wind.

Last edited by AerynPierre on Wed May 18, 2011 4:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Clarity)
AerynPierre
AerynPierre
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Saima Wed May 18, 2011 4:20 pm

No idea Wink

Why would I know that? I'm just the humble GM.

Edit: (that means I'm not telling you due to meta-gaming)
Saima
Saima
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  mastery910 Wed May 18, 2011 4:21 pm

Can I get a little heads up with what's the deal with the 4 element monsters? (who's good, who's bad)
mastery910
mastery910
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 28 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21 ... 28  Next