Novalia Roll 2 Dodge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roll to Dodge: The Dungeon Crawlers

+10
mastery910
Bigkahuna
AerynPierre
FLAMELASHER
King_Pikmin
Rulyon
Darien
FoolishBalloon
Saima
14 posters

Page 3 of 28 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15 ... 28  Next

Go down

Roll to Dodge: The Dungeon Crawlers - Page 3 Empty Re: Roll to Dodge: The Dungeon Crawlers

Post  Darien Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:22 pm

Minor: Buy a bow and some arrows
Major: Rob Someone

Edit: You can use my character name

Last edited by Darien on Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
Darien
Darien
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Roll to Dodge: The Dungeon Crawlers - Page 3 Empty Re: Roll to Dodge: The Dungeon Crawlers

Post  Rulyon Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:28 pm

So so anyone curious knows how to pronounce his name, in the Raynar language the "ssh" represents a sound halfway between "sh" and "ch". "y" is pronounced like "ei" in the word "their" or the "ea" in "bear". Thusly his name, Byrssh Ryrgysshi, is pronounced "bearsch rare-GAY-she".

Edit: why is EVERYONE robbing people?! O.o
Rulyon
Rulyon
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Saima Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:29 pm

Lol. I know. Better watch out for police...

I added the rough price guide to the front page.

I have all of the actions, but for Aeryn's sake, let's wait for his join up Smile
Saima
Saima
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Rulyon Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:54 pm

Might want to go ahead. I didn't realize he didn't go to work until 3 hours ago, so the earliest he can post is in an hour. We can always "meet at the arranged time and place" or something.
Rulyon
Rulyon
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Saima Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:09 pm

I be rollin.

Foolishballoon[7]

Bracing yourself against the headache, you walk into the crowded streets. Roughly bumping into a stranger, you dip your hand in his pockets. You find a small change purse made out of leather with 8 copper in it. Oh well. Better than nothing.

Effects: Headache (-2 to mental rolls – Will wear off in 2 turns)

Skills: None

Magic:

Level 1 – XP: 0

inventory:

Byrssh Ryrgysshi [12]

You talk to Olimar, “Friend Olimar, would you be so kind as to allow me the use of one of your silver coins? I would gladly repay you for it plus standard gratuity. I should like to he well-armed before our adventures”, and he gladly passes you over a silver.

Walking up to the shopkeeper, you try to reason with him. “Now, I see you don't have many key lime pies here. I'll tell you what. If you give me a discount on your wares, I will sell you all of the key limes I find in the dungeons, and much more”. The dwarf seems hypnotized by your voice, and immediately agrees to lower the price of his goods for you. For your borrowed silver, he gives you 4 silver and 6 copper in store credit to spend as you please, and shows you his brother's shop, a general store (credit applies to both stores). (Look below the rolls to see the full store stock.)

Level up! You have leveled up in basic diplomacy. You can now speak much more persuasively.

Effects: None

Skills: Basic diplomacy

Magic:

inventory:

Olimar[12]

You agree to Byrssh's offer, and lend him one of your silver coins. Next you purchase an iron long sword for 1 silver and 2 copper.

After that, you look around the armory and begin asking people if they knew the man you just saw. One elf replies “Yes. He's Falgron, the leader of the disease investigation guild. The disease has been making people forget. Someone – or something, has been removing the monsters from the dungeons. This does not bode well with the guild. If you see any of our members, tell them the secret word “Bookaroon” to show your alliance. He slips you a health potion discreetly. “Take this. Use it to combat the graaaave eeeevil taking over this land. Or to combat living jell-o.” And with that, he runs off into the crowd.

Magic:

inventory:

Vig[2]

You keep remembering your past magic lessons, but just as you are starting to grasp the confusing concepts, the innkeeper breaks your trance. “Hey! None of you bought any drinks! This isn't a free hotel.” Shocked, you hand over 2 copper and order a beer. Quickly gulping it down, you feel like you've been cheated, and a little tipsy.

Effects: Tipsy (-1 to all actions. Goes away in 3 turns)

Magic:

Level 2 – XP: 20

inventory:

Darien[12 (yes, there were 3 12's in this roll 0_0]

You get ready to purchase a bow and 15 arrows from the shopkeeper, but see the perfect opportunity while Byrssh is bartering with the shopkeeper. You make a dash for a nearby chest behind the store's counter, and snatch up a bunch of loot. Now THIS is the proper equipment for an adventurer.

Magic:

inventory:

Flamelasher[8]

You purchase an iron short sword for 5 copper coins.

Seeing that you're almost out of money, you find a well-dressed man, and secretly grab 2 silver from his pocket. A guard almost spots you, but you dodge his glaze, and meet up with your friends at the armory.

Magic:

inventory:

Locations:

Foolish: In the street outside the inn

Byrssh: In the armory

Olimar: Outside the armory

Vig: The inn

Darien: Outside the armory

Flamelasher: Outside the armory
Armory stock:

General Store stock:

Whew. That was a big roll.

How am I doing? I would appreciate any feedback Smile

Last edited by Saima on Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
Saima
Saima
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Darien Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:25 pm

My roll didnt give me the bow and arrows so

Buy a small bow and 30 arrows
Darien
Darien
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Saima Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:27 pm

Yes. I figured I'd let you choose if you wanted to still have a bow, or if the new equipment had changed your mind. That's only a minor, by the way. You can do a larger action as well Smile
Saima
Saima
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  8680 Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:54 pm

Wow. Strong beer. (I assume it takes a lot of alcohol to inebriate a dragon, and I'm half dragon like almost everyone else in this party, so....)

Are you keeping track of the time until I can use my spells, or should I?

Saima wrote:How am I doing?
Well!
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  King_Pikmin Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:56 pm

I never got my iron longsword... Did you forget or should I try buying it again in this roll?
King_Pikmin
King_Pikmin
Experienced Player
Experienced Player

Back to top Go down

Post  Rulyon Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:57 pm

1 Silver = 10 Copper, correct? I will edit this post with my purchase in a bit.
Rulyon
Rulyon
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Saima Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:02 pm

@Pikmin Gah. Completely forgot about that portion. Edited the roll.

@8680 You haven't learned any spells yet. The first spell you tried to learn was a bit too high of a level (note the XP boost, however), and this recent one was interrupted (you do have some knowledge of the spell, however, and you will get a small bonus to learning it in the future). And it was a key lime beer, brewed from the ooze from the Great Gelatinous Key Lime Cube. This is a key-lime themed R2D.

@Ruylon Correct. The system is 1/10/100 for copper, silver, and gold.
Saima
Saima
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  King_Pikmin Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:08 pm

@Saima it's fine, lots of rolls you must do. Also, I do believe I have no silver (I had 2, spent 1 on sword, and gave one as a loan)

Minor: I walk out of the armoury, and head to the main part of town
Major: I see if there are any tasks / quests / jobs available to earn some money

EDIT: YES I'M 2 STARS NOW
King_Pikmin
King_Pikmin
Experienced Player
Experienced Player

Back to top Go down

Post  Saima Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:10 pm

The shortsword was 5 copper.
Saima
Saima
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  King_Pikmin Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:12 pm

King_Pikmin wrote:Updated my action thanks to price guide.

Minor: I buy an iron longsword and accept Rulyon's offer, loaning him a silver coin
Major: I ask some people around the weaponry if they know anything about that shady person who gave me the coins.

Bought an iron longsword just btw, not a short sword.
King_Pikmin
King_Pikmin
Experienced Player
Experienced Player

Back to top Go down

Post  Saima Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:13 pm

That's very weird. I copy/pasted, and it said shortsword. I will edit again
Saima
Saima
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  8680 Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:36 pm

I should have read the magic system better. Do I have to pay XP to learn spells, or are they made available to be learned, without losing XP, when I reach a certain amount of XP?
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Saima Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:39 pm

I think you understand the magic system, with just a few gaps. The reason why you didn't learn the first spells you tried to learn was because those spells are level 4. You may only learn spells in a level equal or lower to your magic level (you are currently level 2). Learning spells is also affected by the roll. Anything about a 6 or more will learn the spell for you, with side-effects on either end of the spectrum. The 2 you rolled was very low, so you failed to learn the spell, and got a debuff.

Any other questions? Smile
Saima
Saima
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  8680 Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:49 pm

Is there a difference between the XP for casting a spell and the XP for trying to learn a spell above my level?
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Saima Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:50 pm

Generally, you can't learn spells above your level. I say generally, because having a mentor or something like that would allow high level learning. There is only one XP, and it determines which spells you can cast.
Saima
Saima
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Rulyon Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:52 pm

Minor Action: I make the following purchases:

Short Sword (Iron) 5 Copper
Small Bow 4 Copper
30 Arrows 4 Copper
Small Shield (Iron) 4 Copper
Chest Plate (Leather) 3 Copper
Boots (Leather) 2 Copper
Pants (Leather) 3 Copper
Flask of Oil (2) 10 Copper
Fire Kit (2) 4 Copper
Log (2) 4
Flask of Pure Water 4 Copper
Total Value of Goods 47 Copper
Store Credit 46 Copper
Difference -1 Copper
Coins 6 Copper
New Balance 5 Copper

I lay the ONE copper from my coin purse down on the counter and slide it toward the Shop Owner while cheerfully saying "Thank you for the business arrangement, Friend Dwarf. I shall return with spoils when we complete our adventure!"

Major Action: Rent a room for one hour back at the inn and meditate on conjuring fire. (Learn [Create Fire])

Also, Aeryn just texted me. He's on his way home from work.
Rulyon
Rulyon
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Saima Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:54 pm

Nice table Very Happy

I'm heading off to bed now, so I will answer any more questions in the morning.

Thanks for making this first day such a booming start!

Saima
Saima
Saima
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  8680 Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:19 pm

Ah. Apologies. I seem to have left out a crucial word. What I meant was...
8680 wrote:Is there a difference between the XP gained for casting a spell and the XP gained for trying to learn a spell above my level?
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  AerynPierre Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:16 am

Name: Kursk Ryrgysshi

Race: Raynar

Physical Traits: 1.8 meters tall. Snow white fur, black tail tip. Long tail typical of foxes. Green eyes, though they might appear that way because of his green adventurers clothing. Has a iridescent sash with a difficult-to-determine hue...it seems to be blue, purple, red, and green, alternately depending on the angle from which inks viewed.

Background: A typical adventurer from the city of Abrogado-Rae. He seeks glory as a warrior, wealth from his spoils... and a trophy appropriate to bring home with him indicating his Rite of Passage is complete. Hopes to one up his brother, turning everything possible into a competition with him.

Major: Attempt to mediate, to control Earth. (Learn [Control Rock/whatever is appropriate to begin with])

((Since I came in so late, I guess I'll run to the store after mediating. Can we say I'm in the hotel room with Rulyon?))
((Edited to fit with Raynar specs))
AerynPierre
AerynPierre
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  FLAMELASHER Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:05 am

[b]Train swordplay[b]
FLAMELASHER
FLAMELASHER
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Saima Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:12 am

@8680 No. It is the same XP. Keep in mind that trying to learn something above your level won't always work out so well Wink

@Aeryn Accepted Smile Yes, you can go in with Ruylon.

Edit: Updated OP with Aeyrn. Am I reading it right that you wish to be the younger brother of Ruylon? That's fine, just thought I'd make sure.

Foolish and 8680 are still to post, but I want to give time for Darien to update his action. He only has a minor at the moment.

Saima
Saima
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 28 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15 ... 28  Next