Novalia Roll 2 Dodge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roll 2 Dodge: The Galaxy's Requiem

+21
Rulyon
Electro263
FLAMELASHER
Nuclearworm
johnratchet3
Chatix
Talkal
Artlis
FoolishBalloon
Regnar13
acutelatios
ShadoWKilleR
Shakenspear
Frogger5
Daravel
creonto
XxoriginxX
Zerovirus
Bigkahuna
Dragonchampion
25 posters

Page 21 of 22 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

Go down

Roll 2 Dodge: The Galaxy's Requiem - Page 21 Empty Re: Roll 2 Dodge: The Galaxy's Requiem

Post  Dragonchampion Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:58 am

Johnratchet
You quickly create a small trap in the hole in the door, putting the arc welder above it and running your wire into the wall to the console that would activate it. Due to the fact the door was welded shut, this means that whenever you press the button, the trap will go off, and electrocute the entire doorway instantly, and then fire the Arc Welder to finish off whomever is coming through.

You then go back to the command station, and Explore the options. Most of the security is down, but you do notice a few sentries are active, and able to be launched in this very room. You might be able to hack into their artificial intelligence systems and make them hostile to the Parasiticals, (Due to the fact they inhabit former employee bodies, they would not attack normally) but it would take some time.

Finally, you open up a communication channel over the station. The video feed is down, but you manage to get the intercom system back online. "Guys, what the hell? You left me here alone! Anyways, watch out! There is a MASSIVE parasitical coming up the stairway from the underbelly of the station!"

Strength: 4
Smarts: 3
Sight: 2
Power: 1

Profession:
None

Abilities:
None

Inventory:
3 Metal Plating

Bigkahuna
Once Johnratchet says that there is a massive parasticial coming your way, you begin to prime your laser rifle, preparing for a charged shot. Sparks fly around the nozzle, lighting up the air around you, and you hear a soft humming.

Bring it, beast.

Strength: 3
Smarts: 2
Power: 3

Abilities:
Telekenisis

Inventory:
Crude
Uranium Laser Rifle (Chance to overheat and cause damage to self, has a
very small chance of melting down and incapacitating or instantly
killing the user or anyone around it, moderate damage, ranged)

Light
Energy Suit (Prevents Radiation/Chemical/Poison Damage, lessens enemy
attacks by 25%. Attached Grappling Hook. 15 Minutes Air)

Nick
As soon as John states that a massive parasitical is on its way, you panic, waving your weapon around, firing it at random shadows. You have completely freaked out.

STR: 3
SMA: 3
SIG: 4
POW: 0

Profession:
None

Abilities:
Parasitic Knowledge (Critical Hits vs Parasiticials are multiplied by 10)
Freakout (-1 to aiming for 1 turn)

Inventory:
Blaster Pistol (Medium Damage, Medium Range, Slow Recharge Time)

Shakenspear
Considering your only weapon is a melee one, vantage points are something of no effect to you. Also, Nick seems to have freaked out, while Bigkahuna has managed to overcharge his weapon. Well, at least you have some firepower.

You hear a clanking and skittering coming from the far end of the station. It is followed by a massive BANG! and groaning metal.

The beast has arrived. It is only a matter of time before it finds you.

Strength:1
Smarts:1
Sight:3
Power:5

Abilities:
Electrokenisis

Inventory:
Iron Pipe (Light Damage, Crushing)
Light Energy Suit
(Prevents Radiation/Chemical/Poison Damage, lessens enemy attacks by
25%. Attached Grappling Hook. 15 Minutes Air)
Emergency Air Tank (+10 Minutes Max Air)
Dragonchampion
Dragonchampion
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

https://roll2dodge.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Roll 2 Dodge: The Galaxy's Requiem - Page 21 Empty Re: Roll 2 Dodge: The Galaxy's Requiem

Post  Bigkahuna Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:03 pm

"Well, there's no going back now. We have to find that team."
Don't voice my thought that they may not be alive.

Look around the hallway we're walking through. Are there any other passages, doors, anything? There should be a ventilation system. If there is, climb in one as a vantage point, looking out for any other inhabitants.

When the Parasitical comes, loose my electric storm.

Last edited by bigkahuna on Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragonchampion Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:16 pm

There are several small vents, too tiny to fit into, nearby. Ten feet or so in front of you is the connecting passage to the docking bay.
Dragonchampion
Dragonchampion
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Shakenspear Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:48 pm

Calm my friends the f*** down and rush to the docking bay in front of us. Be ready for the parasitical if it appears, if it does appear use my electrokinesis and power my friends bullets or just shock the beast
(btw when i said vantage point i meant using my electric as a weapon)

Shakenspear
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:43 am

New action.

"Well, there's no going back now. We have to find that team."
Don't voice my thought that they may not be alive.

"No one stay directly in the line of sight of the door! I'm going to find a better vantage point."

Head back through the hallway a ways; if there's a turning in the corridor, hide behind the corner.

When the Parasitical comes, loose my electric storm at its weak spots.
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  johnratchet3 Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:41 pm

I don't trust my smarts to hack AI, especially since this seems like it'll end with "The sentries instantly blow up the parasitical before turning to face you". It could work, but again I don't trust my low level. Leaving the command center to blunder around on my own without a good weapon seems a bit silly, so while I have a bit of defense up for my situation...

MINOR: Monitor the security cameras and report on the parasitical's every move to the group via the intercom. Maybe ID some weak-spots.

MAJOR: attempt to access/hack the com systems and contact the ship, or anything else out there capable of hearing a call for help.

Another reason is that you seem to have enough firepower to take the thing without the risk of a mass-friendly fire incident lol.
johnratchet3
johnratchet3
Experienced Player
Experienced Player

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinobody Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:35 pm

• Try to calm down enough to stop shooting at shadows.
  • Follow my friends, and cover their backs.
  • Jump at the slightest sound.
  • "What the hell I'm doing here? What the hell..."

@Shakenspear: I don't think electrifying blaster shots (which are usually plasma shots, in most of sci-fi?) or laser beams is going to work...
Shinobody
Shinobody
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  8680 Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:00 pm

Shinobody wrote:@Shakenspear: I don't think electrifying blaster shots (which are usually plasma shots, in most of sci-fi?) or laser beams is going to work...
Either would work.
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Shakenspear Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:49 am

that's why i have or just shock the beast

Shakenspear
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinobody Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:16 pm

Whoa, so I apparently I did not do the research.
Wait, your now saying that Jedi electrifying their lightsabers and parrying Force Lightning with them actually make kinda sense? Wow.
Shinobody
Shinobody
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Shakenspear Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:22 am

What?
Only response i can give on that is that jedis use force lightning to zap dudes.. lol

Shakenspear
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragonchampion Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:27 pm

This game will return Sunday, November 20th 2011. Smile
Dragonchampion
Dragonchampion
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragonchampion Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:25 pm

Johnratchet

You begin to fiddle with the opimizations on the console, but find with some dismay that the loudspeaker system is offline, cut off from somewhere on this floor. However, you do manage to find access keys to the automated defenses within the lab, these might help; if you can activate them, that is.

Strength: 4
Smarts: 3
Power: 1

Profession:
None

Abilities:
None

Inventory:
3ft Wire
3 Metal Plating
Miniature Arc Welder

Bigkahuna

You notice one of the intercoms nearby, jutting out of the wall as if someone ripped it out by hand. You walk over, and notice the frayed wires are an easy fix, and suddenly, is hums to life. You hear a confused voice on the end.

"Guys, is that you?"

"John, good to hear from you. Are you alright?"

"Never mind that! There is a massive parasitical coming from the stairs! RUN!"

Suddenly, you hear a screech, and ship around. A massive parasitical shaped like a snake is towering over the three of you.

There is no running now.

You open fire, pulling the trigger as fast and as hard as you can, aiming at the creature's head. The shot pierces right through the beast, dripping thick red coagulated blood. The creature screams in anger, and a human arm falls out of the hole you just made.

Strength: 3
Smarts: 2
Power: 3

Abilities:
Telekenisis

Inventory:
Crude
Uranium Laser Rifle (Chance to overheat and cause damage to self, has a
very small chance of melting down and incapacitating or instantly
killing the user or anyone around it, moderate damage, ranged)

Light
Energy Suit (Prevents Radiation/Chemical/Poison Damage, lessens enemy
attacks by 25%. Attached Grappling Hook. 15 Minutes Air)

Nick
The appearance of the beast is the last straw. Something inside you snaps.

You flip your blaster to full power and fully automatic, and open fire, pressing down the trigger hard enough to cause blood to stream down it.

The blaster loses a blazing inferno of laser bolts, firing into different points of the beast. The small blaster begins to heat up, but you continue with your mad shooting, opening fire again and again, peppering the huge beast is laser fire and slicing off limbs, heads, even spines as the red-hot bolts shoot right through it.

The beast screams or roars, you are unsure which, as it attempts to get out of the furious laser fire, but to no avail. Suddenly, just as the beast is about to take a lethal shot, you hear a high-pitched whine from the gun. Not noticing it, you press the trigger even harder.

With that, the gun explodes in your hand with the force of a hand grenade. Your hand is completely taken by the blast, and much of your arm as well, covering your right half of your body with scratches as your armor takes the shrapnel from the gun and protects you from a lethal piece.

Shock kicks in, making you giggle uncontrollably, and you fall to your knees.

STR: 3
SMA: 3
SIG: 4
POW: 0

Profession:
None

Abilities:
Parasitic Knowledge (Critical Hits vs Parasiticials are multiplied by 10)
Insane Rage (Gain massive bonuses in combat, but weapon has a 75% chance of breaking, or, if it can, self-destructing. Cannot do anything for 1 turn afterwards.)

Inventory:
None

Shakenspear

As soon as the beast appeared, you leapt behind a large piece of metal, protecting you from any attacks it might launch. However, it seems to have bitten off more than it can chew after Bigkahuna and Nick literally tear it apart. After Nick's pistol explodes, you look out cautiously to see the creature seem to look at the two of them, and then slide back down the stairs. Obviously, the creature thought that eating the two of them was not worth getting killed over.

Strength:1
Smarts:1
Sight:3
Power:5

Abilities:
Electrokenisis

Inventory:
Iron Pipe (Light Damage, Electrical)
Light Energy Suit
(Prevents Radiation/Chemical/Poison Damage, lessens enemy attacks by
25%. Attached Grappling Hook. 15 Minutes Air)
Emergency Air Tank (+10 Minutes Max Air)
Dragonchampion
Dragonchampion
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Shakenspear Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:57 am

Rush to Nick's aid being cautious of the beast, move him to a safe spot and cover his wounds with anything that can be used as a bandage.

Shakenspear
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinobody Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:24 pm

Tear apart strip of my own uniform, wrap it tightly around the stump to stop blood loss.
Still laughing maniacally, look around for something long or sharp. Possibly both.
"We showed it, didn't we? WE SHOWED IT WHO'S THE BOSS!"

It's all cool and fun, at least until endorphins wear off. Twisted Evil
Shinobody
Shinobody
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  johnratchet3 Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:35 pm

Go grab one of the arms the snake left behind as a substitute Razz

Disable the trap and grab the arcwelder to arm myself. Go in search of the group in an attempt to rescue them from the big bad snakey thing. (hehe no meta).
johnratchet3
johnratchet3
Experienced Player
Experienced Player

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:35 pm

Johnratchet - that's an awesome idea Smile

...but we can't exactly risk grafting on an already dead limb without any medical expertise.

While Nick is still basking in his endorphin-induced ecstasy, move him back down the hallway to wait for Johnratchet. Turn my weapon on a low setting (?) and cauterize his wound.
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragonchampion Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:20 am

Today is the day the inspects our house. If we fail, we are homeless for the holidays.

Wish me luck.
Dragonchampion
Dragonchampion
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragonchampion Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:29 pm

Well, my friends, this is it. The final chapter of my story.

At 11:00 AM EST on December 15, 2011, the owners of the house I live in came to inspect so that they can decide whether or not to allow us to live in the home for another year until we can find another house to live in. We had cleaned and done our best for weeks, trying to get every little bit of work done, but in vain.

They walked inside with a camera, and began to take pictures. Everything we owned, the b oxes we had stored in closets, everything was photographed. Even a pile of dirt that we were not able to sweep up before they came was captured on their camera.

After they swept through every room in the house and looked at everything they wanted to see, they turned to us, and spoke.

"This house is the biggest mess we have ever seen. It would take months to clean this all up."

In case you missed where I stated this earlier, we had been working for weeks to clean everything. The sentence they stated was like a knife to the gut.

Finally, they walked back out to their car, and what made our bones cold and completely frozen was the lack of any form of goodbye; a lack of a "Merry Christmas" or "Happy New Year" which is very odd this close to the holidays.

So, this is it. The end of the line. The end of the road. We no longer have a home. I loved being the author of this and many other things in my time on these forums, and I enjoyed hearing the criticism, no matter how big or small. But the case in point is, that I will no longer be able to continue, unless there is some sort of Christmas miracle.

Also, I know many of you are thinking that this is probably a scam or something, but I want to remind you, I have no asked for money, not even as donations for writing this fanfiction. I just enjoyed the experience of writing for other people. You might say this is incredibly similar to what happened to the guy in the Minecraft News a while ago, where the community came together to help him. All I can say to that is it seems Christmas has de volved from a time of cheer into a time where owners of homes want to kick as many people out as they possibly can.

Anyways, It was wonderful, writing for you guys, and however much I regret to say it, Goodbye.

Best Wishes for Christmas, and may you have a better one than my family,

Dragonchampion.
Dragonchampion
Dragonchampion
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Saima Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:10 pm

I'm so sorry to hear your story, Dragon. My heart is with you.

On the matter of the forums, will Bigkahuna take your place as worldmaster / admin?

Hoping for a Christmas miracle for you,

Saima
Saima
Saima
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Rulyon Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:52 pm

Dragon champion, you have my strongest condolences. If you'll accept it, we'll be praying for you and your family. Where do y'all live, city/state-wise? I may be able to help you find something.
Rulyon
Rulyon
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:53 pm

I'm so sorry to hear that, Dragon.

But,
Well, my friends, this is it. The final chapter of my story.
...however much I regret to say it, Goodbye.
Don't think of this as the end. The final chapter. You have your whole life ahead of you, you have a family, and no creditors or landlords can take that away from you.

Just want to let you know that I will be praying that you and your family will have a Christmas miracle or at the least a place where you'll be welcomed for the holidays.

God bless you, and have a merry Christmas and a happy New Year.

Last edited by bigkahuna on Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Saima Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:06 pm

Apologies for my rude writing -- I couldn't find a more polite way to say that, but I felt like it's important.

Of course, my main concern is for Dragon's well-being. If I could help, I would.
Saima
Saima
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  its_crunchtime Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:54 am

My heart goes out to you and your family, Dragon.

As Bigkahuna said, this is not the final chapter. The final chapter of your life is when you choose it to be.
its_crunchtime
its_crunchtime
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinobody Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:50 pm

its_crunchtime wrote:The final chapter of your life is when you choose it to be.
Sounds creepy. Neutral But it is true, nonetheless. Really, I'm sure you'll do it somehow, Dragonchampion. No matter how crappy situation may seem, if you won't give up, you'll prevail. It's all depending how you'll face it.
Best wishes and good luck.
Also guys, don't attack Saima for what he said. How sad it may be, and how unfitting the time might be, it still was matter that needed to be resolved.

Last edited by Shinobody on Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
Shinobody
Shinobody
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 22 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22  Next