Novalia Roll 2 Dodge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roll 2 Dodge: Within the Light

+10
Frogger5
johnratchet3
its_crunchtime
FoolishBalloon
Talkal
ShadoWKilleR
PeterPorty
Zerovirus
FLAMELASHER
Bigkahuna
14 posters

Page 2 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 18  Next

Go down

Roll 2 Dodge: Within the Light - Page 2 Empty Re: Roll 2 Dodge: Within the Light

Post  FLAMELASHER Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:59 am

Practice Stealth
FLAMELASHER
FLAMELASHER
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Roll 2 Dodge: Within the Light - Page 2 Empty Re: Roll 2 Dodge: Within the Light

Post  Zerovirus Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:03 pm

I go back to sleep. There's absolutely nothing wrong, at all- I just need to...

No.

That urge is not natural, and... I will fight it.

Minor: Look around- where was I sleeping?
Major: Stand up and help rouse the others from slumber.
Zerovirus
Zerovirus
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

http://forums.wesnoth.org

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterPorty Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:22 pm

PeterPorty wrote:Pay attention to any sound I hear outside. Hide in the shadows without being seen by other players or NPCs [stealth(?)] while looking for anything useful, be it weapons, tools or even information and take whatever I found.

I'd also like to name my guy Athaiel VanGoit.

^ I really don't know how that is wrong, so I'm just reposting it... If you think it is wrong, please explain me how it is... What a Face
PeterPorty
PeterPorty
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Zerovirus Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:23 pm

Just drop the word Major in front of it. Major and Minor restrictions, yadayadayada. Rolling Eyes
Zerovirus
Zerovirus
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterPorty Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:28 pm

Major - Hide in the shadows without being seen by other players or NPCs [stealth] while looking for anything useful, be it weapons, tools or even information and take whatever I found.

Minor - Pay attention to any sound I hear outside.

There? Sad
PeterPorty
PeterPorty
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  FLAMELASHER Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:30 pm

PeterPorty wrote:Major - Hide in the shadows without being seen by other players or NPCs [stealth] while looking for anything useful, be it weapons, tools or even information and take whatever I found.

Minor - Pay attention to any sound I hear outside.

There? Sad

I'll do that too.
FLAMELASHER
FLAMELASHER
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  ShadoWKilleR Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:26 pm

Major> Look around for an exit via feeling around the room walls, specifically search for keypads, doorknobs, holes or other protuberances [Scouting]. (does this counts?)
Minor> Call out into the darkness in order to make contact with my companions, ask for their names and give my own.
ShadoWKilleR
ShadoWKilleR
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:23 pm

Peterporty - That'll do for now. After a few rolls it'll be clear.
Zerovirus - "Major" and "Minor" restrictions aren't necessarily needed. In my first post I state that you may have One action that requires full attention (a "major" action) that can be fully described to your specifications. Then, you may have unlimited actions that can be multi-tasked (a "minor" action [talking, giving/receiving items] in order of precedence and according to context.
Talkal - sorry that I skipped you, but I needed to get my first roll done. I believe you got a fair start and are fairly much on the same page as the others.

Zerovirus:

Look around - where was I sleeping? Sight Check - Inconclusive

There's barely enough light to see your hand in front of your face, but you can tell that you are in some sort of cargo hold. Searching with your hands you can feel other prone forms curled upon the floor.

Stand up and help rouse the others from slumber. [10]

You begin to stand up on your unsteady legs, but as you start to unbend your head hits the ceiling with a loud clunking sound. Cursing, you fall on the floor again, but the pain causes you to stay awake and you manage to rouse a couple the people your subconscious registered as acquaintances.

Athaiel VanGoit [PeterPorty]:

You wake up to a feeble jabbing of your shoulders by a man who you feel as if you should know. You shrug him off, as well as much of the drowsiness you had felt.

Hide in the shadows without being seen by other players or NPCs [stealth] while looking for anything useful, be it weapons, tools or even information and take whatever I found. [14]

Suddenly feeling suspicious of your surroundings, you make your way around the room, keeping in the shadows and making sure to step around the various bodies on the ground. You find a knife on the ground and decide to pocket it. From your observations, the room you are in is about the size of a large barn. There are about 30 people in the storage area you are in. [+3 Stealth Point gained].

Pay attention to any sound I hear outside.

You think you can hear faint moans behind the walls, but however thin the walls may seem, they're definitely made of a strong metal. You aren't getting out that way.

Flamelasher:

Hide in the shadows without being seen by other players or NPCs [stealth] while looking for anything useful, be it weapons, tools or even information and take whatever I found. [13]

You groggily attempt to shake off this unnatural inclination to sleep, and manage to do so to a point. Using all of your scanty willpower, you crawl deeper into the shadows, stumbling over several people as you go. As your holding place was pitch-black anyway and there were no pursuers, you doubt that it was necessary. However, you do find some currency that fell out of some of the pockets of your trampling's victims. [+2 Stealth point gained].

Pay attention to any sound I hear outside.
You hear clanking sounds above your head, and feel the ceiling above to find a panel. Searching it, you see that...

Search Check - UTTER SUCCESS

It has a clear and defined seam. Most likely it's the main entrance to the hold. Excited about your find, you search over the panel further. You manage to outline a lock of some sort. If only you had some sort of pin... You utter a yell of excitement and call to the others, who you're sure are out there somewhere.

Derek Fox [Shadowkiller]:

Look around for an exit via feeling around the room walls, specifically search for keypads, doorknobs, holes or other protuberances [Scouting]. [10]

You clumsily stagger around the room, rubbing the walls in search of some sort of extruding object that may be used to gain an exit. After you are about to collapse of weariness, you feel the outline of what may be a latch. You give it a feeble tug, but it's obvious that you do not have the strength to open it alone. [+1 Scouting Point]

Call out into the darkness in order to make contact with my companions, ask for their names and give my own.

Contact Attempt - UTTER FAILURE
"Hello? Is anyone there? It's me, Derek. Derek Fox. Is anyone else awake? I may have found a way out of here." Perhaps because of the bad acoustics in the room (but probably because of your voice, quite tinny at the moment), no-one hears or responds to your calls.

Talkal:

You feel yourself coming out of deep water, and take a breath to find yourself under two people, one of them gently nudging you awake.

Game Events:
Delighted at his find of a trapdoor, Flameslasher calls to the rest of you. Perhaps it could be a way out of here.

Spoiler:

Points of Interest:

•Talkal, Zerovirus, and Peterporty are known to be in the same hold, and there appears to be another.
•Derek Fox may have found something important, but unfortunately, no-one was close enough to Derek to hear what he had found...
•Flameslasher discovered a locked trapdoor; perhaps it could be a way out?
•Perhaps attempting to remember some of the details of the capture would help in discerning a plan of escape.

Last edited by bigkahuna on Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:15 pm; edited 9 times in total
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  FLAMELASHER Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:24 pm

Try to sneak up on someone, for practice.
FLAMELASHER
FLAMELASHER
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:29 pm

Flamelasher - I wouldn't bother. Sneaking up on unconscious bodies isn't going to help you practice stealth any, and there are many more productive things you could be doing. Did you read your roll? You may have discovered the key to get out. See "Points of Interest".

Besides, you didn't put [Stealth] after your major action in order to train it.
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  FLAMELASHER Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:33 pm

Minor: Go through the trapdoor.
Major: Hide, in case of any enemies [STEALTH]
FLAMELASHER
FLAMELASHER
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:37 pm

Note that the trapdoor is currently locked, so your action is moot at the moment. Like I said, read over your own personal rolls carefully and perhaps the others.

EDIT: Please note everyone that characters must be roleplayed to the best of their characters' knowledge. You cannot perform an action based on something that you do not know while someone else does.

Also keep in mind that abilities are not mindless things to train. "I want to train Stealth!" will not work! Skills are gained by practice; when you first start "Stealth", you will be rather bad at it. Only after time, smart actions, and successful rolls (to a point) will your skills be refined in order to increase effectiveness. XP has nothing to do with this. XP is simply a bonus to encourage training a skill, and to get some rewards in turn (chances of roll bonuses later on).

EDIT2: Also, I would love feedback on my first roll. This is my first time as a GM, especially with this semi-DnD style. I'm enjoying it though and I think it adds a lot of fluidity. Note that the story will not always be solitary and alone like this, that is if your players ever finally begin speaking to each other.

Last edited by bigkahuna on Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  FLAMELASHER Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:39 pm

Try to pick the lock with some string, hair, cloth, whatever.
FLAMELASHER
FLAMELASHER
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterPorty Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:00 pm

How many times have you picked a lock with a hair? >.<
Anyways.

Major: Search all the dead bodies in the ground for whatever I can find, again, tools, weapons, information, clothing, anything. All this without being heard or seen by the other players [stealth].

Minor: Make sure all of the people in the room are dead (Do this before the major.)

PeterPorty
PeterPorty
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:21 pm

Flamelasher - it is generally impossible to pick a lock with a piece of hair. I suggest trying to find something else and changing your action.

PeterPorty - The people in the room are unconscious, not dead. I said "bodies" because I didn't want to keep having to say "unconscious people". Sorry for the confusion.

About the "loot the bodies without the knowledge of the other players" - that's not going to fly. You have no quarrel with the other players so you have no need to hide from them. To me this seems an arbitrary use of skill. Besides, you're pickpocketing someone.

I don't know why you would wish to take their clothing, though...

What would be acceptable (and what I will change it to if you agree):

Search the unconscious people on the ground for tools, weapons, information, clothing, etc. without their knowledge, making sure first that they are still unconscious [Stealth].

I will roll when I get at least three peoples' actions, preferably four or five.

Last edited by bigkahuna on Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:39 pm; edited 4 times in total
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Zerovirus Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:07 pm

I mutter to myself. "Can't even remember my name... Where am I?"

I go through my pockets. Maybe something in there will bring back memories.

I then walk over to the trapdoor, banging on it with as much strength as I can muster.
Zerovirus
Zerovirus
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  its_crunchtime Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:07 pm

Hehe... Signed up for too many R2D's, can't keep track...

So can you remove me from the waiting list? Thanks and sorry Crying or Very sad
its_crunchtime
its_crunchtime
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterPorty Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:33 am

Go ahead and change it. I wanted to be hidden from the other players, but I guess we need to talk at some point...
PeterPorty
PeterPorty
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  johnratchet3 Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:38 am

I'd like to sign up! Judging by waiting lists, and my estimates of how fast I'm likely to die, I'm probably going to be doing 1 game at a time Smile
johnratchet3
johnratchet3
Experienced Player
Experienced Player

Back to top Go down

Post  Frogger5 Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:10 am

its_crunchtime wrote:Hehe... Signed up for too many R2D's, can't keep track...

So can you remove me from the waiting list? Thanks and sorry Crying or Very sad

Please don'e leave me! Your unit needs you! Shocked
Frogger5
Frogger5
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  FLAMELASHER Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:33 am

bigkahuna wrote:Flamelasher - it is generally impossible to pick a lock with a piece of hair. I suggest trying to find something else and changing your action.

PeterPorty - The people in the room are unconscious, not dead. I said "bodies" because I didn't want to keep having to say "unconscious people". Sorry for the confusion.

About the "loot the bodies without the knowledge of the other players" - that's not going to fly. You have no quarrel with the other players so you have no need to hide from them. To me this seems an arbitrary use of skill. Besides, you're pickpocketing someone.

I don't know why you would wish to take their clothing, though...

What would be acceptable (and what I will change it to if you agree):

Search the unconscious people on the ground for tools, weapons, information, clothing, etc. without their knowledge, making sure first that they are still unconscious [Stealth].

I will roll when I get at least three peoples' actions, preferably four or five.

Could I pick it with cloth torn from my shirt?
FLAMELASHER
FLAMELASHER
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  ShadoWKilleR Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:04 am

You will need something solid and thin, cloth and hair ain't going to fly, try asking if anyone has a knife *hinthint*

Minor> Bang on the wall to grab attention to me and say: "HEY! I found a way out, come here and help me break it open!"
Major> Attempt to break it open [Brute strength]

Last edited by ShadoWKilleR on Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
ShadoWKilleR
ShadoWKilleR
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  FLAMELASHER Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:11 am

"ANYONE GOT A FRICKING KNIFE?"
FLAMELASHER
FLAMELASHER
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  ShadoWKilleR Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:36 am

Bold it first.

I work like this, Bold ONLY is for talking, Bold+Underline is actions, be it minor or major. This system helps the DM's NOT get confused about your actions.
ShadoWKilleR
ShadoWKilleR
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:07 am

Flamelasher - I had to organize your intended rolls for you this round. In the future, I want intelligent, bolded, and organized rolls.

Everyone, I'll be rolling this afternoon (~5 to 6 hours). Talkal, if you wish to play this round post an action by then. I only require a majority to post their actions to roll.
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 18  Next